TEMS Tuesday: Salena Zito, Rand Simberg, Jon Ralston, Ray Sullivan; Update: Gov. Haley Barbour

posted at 2:51 pm on August 19, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Today on The Ed Morrissey Show (4 pm ET), we have another great lineup for the news of the day! Andrew Malcolm won’t be available today, but we will catch up with Andrew soon …

• Salena Zito of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review will give us the highlights of her interview with Senate candidate Monica Wehby, the demographic dilemma for Democrats, plus her take on the media coverage of the unrest in Ferguson, MO.
  • Rand Simberg, author of Safe Is Not An Option and an adjunct scholar at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, discusses the implications of the Ukraine-Russia conflict on the American space program, and how we need to act now to restore our independence in it
  • Gov. Rick Perry’s former chief of staff Ray Sullivan will bring us up to date on the indictment brought by Travis County for threatening a veto on a budget item.
  • Jon Ralston of Ralston Reports discusses the UNLV-Hillary Clinton contract, and other developments in Nevada politics!
  • Update: We’ll also speak with Gov. Haley Barbour about the Perry indictment, so be sure to tune in!

The Ed Morrissey Show and its dynamic chatroom can be seen on the permanent TEMS page. Be sure to join us, and don’t forget to keep up with the debate on my Facebook page, too!

Keep praying that Marizela Perez will be found, and peace brought to her family.

Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream

Bias-cover-2a

Comments

Update: Gov. Haley Barbour

The Mississippi Mudslinger?

I’ll pass.

Bitter Clinger on August 19, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Update: Gov. Haley Barbour

And thus HA cements their view against McDaniels case.

nobar on August 19, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I’m really sorry that I can’t listen to the grilling of Haley Barbour. I’m sure that he will be just raked over the coals for enlisting race-baiting Demorats to defeat a conservative in favor of a senile RINO.

Akzed on August 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM

And thus HA cements their view against McDaniels case.

nobar on August 19, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Those damn RINOs! They should get their own damn websi…oh.

thebrokenrattle on August 19, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Hey… RINO’s need love too.

Walter L. Newton on August 19, 2014 at 4:07 PM

And thus HA cements their view against McDaniels case.

nobar on August 19, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Heh, you didn’t need Haley to affirm that Salem is in with amnesty and the RINOs.

Fight them.

On Perry, good move – that mug-shot will be precious in history.

The “I’m ready for Hillary” bumper sticker are already out.

Schadenfreude on August 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM

sticker = stickers

Schadenfreude on August 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Tell Haley HI GET LOST for me!

portlandon on August 19, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Ooooh. Ask him what he thinks of the area Party. I am just dying to know.

earlgrey133 on August 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM

If I were in the same room with Haley Barbour I’d spit in his face.

The man responsible for ginning up black democrats by calling conservatives RACIST to protect a drooling, senile RINO who has “served” WAY too long doesn’t deserve one second of airtime.

ConstantineXI on August 19, 2014 at 4:36 PM

BTW, Ed, Tell Haley RINO that thanks to him and his buddy Mitch calling me a racist, I’m voting for Alison Grimes in November.

ConstantineXI on August 19, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Haley Barbour and every other establishment, DimocRat-wannabe a$$h*le can GF themselves.

No establishment (R) will ever get another vote from me as long as I live. And given the establishment’s election lawbreaking, I’m sure after I’m dead I’ll miraculously be voting for all of them again.

Meople on August 19, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Hell of a line up:

Salena Zito-Someone who likes say ‘Pennsyltucky’ in every tweet while claiming to be ‘down with the common man’ as she resides in the wealthy Pittsburgh suburb of Mt. Lebanon PA.

Jon Ralston-Other than providing a liberal slant to NV politics all he offers is his hate for the Bundy Ranch

Haley Barbour-Are you kidding?

And I’m sure all 3 hate Chris McDaniel. Welcome to the ‘Conservative’ website called HotAir.

reddevil on August 19, 2014 at 4:59 PM

ConstantineXI on August 19, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Thad is the future of the GOP.. Vote for Thad!!! Just write him in all the way down ticket!

kringeesmom on August 19, 2014 at 5:06 PM

kringeesmom on August 19, 2014 at 5:06 PM

McDaniel definitely needs to do a write in campaign if he can’t win in the courts.

Meople on August 19, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Going RINO? Gov Barbour is no longer a Republican after the Racist massacre in #MSsen Mississippi disaster.

F the questions on Perry, if you don’t ask EVERY question about #MSsen corruption you can’t call yourselves “conservative” or Republican.

mathewsjw on August 19, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I got here late. Did I miss Haley Barbour or did he miss as well?

d1carter on August 19, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Meople on August 19, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Write in McDaniel in MS. Everywhere else vote for Thad all the way. I’m gonna write him in for every position from US Senator to PSC and and School Boards.

kringeesmom on August 19, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Haley Barbour ? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Lucano on August 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Update: We’ll also speak with Gov. Haley Barbour about the Perry indictment

No doubt that our resident status quo establishtarian will ask former Gov. Barbour about his son’s unethical behaviour during the most recent campaign for the republican U.S. Senate seat in Mississippi. Leave the leftist indictment of Governor Rick Perry to someone better suited to talk about the ludicrous Travis County Prosecutor, such as Alan Dershowitz…

Gohawgs on August 19, 2014 at 6:34 PM

No one would with any self respect who claims to be anything other than a shill for the RNC would dare give Barbour the time of day, let alone air time. You just lost any cred. you may have ever had with me.

they lie on August 19, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Hosting Haley Barbour?

That statement gave me a shock. Why would anyone want to hear from that despicable POS?

MTF on August 20, 2014 at 7:51 AM