Rick Perry turns himself in to authorities: Does he lose in the end?

posted at 4:41 pm on August 19, 2014 by Noah Rothman

Even the New York Times editorial board thinks the grand jury indictment of Texas Gov. Rick Perry is baseless. In an editorial dripping with contempt for their own conclusions, the Times is compelled to confess that there is really no there there.

“One has to read this editorial to appreciate the angst it engendered in the Gray Lady’s panel of handwringers,” Ed Morrissey observed. “It’s an expert lesson in the use of weasel words.”

Conservatives have rallied to Perry’s side following this baseless indictment. Democrats have scrambled to disassociate themselves from his accusers. Many thought that Perry may end up emerging, paradoxically, in a better political position for having been indicted on corruption charges.

But Rosemary Lehmberg, the local district attorney who managed to secure this indictment and who many believe was exacting political retribution against Perry after he sought her removal from the bench for her DUI arrest, may end up with the last laugh.

“Texas Gov. Rick Perry plans to turn himself into authorities Tuesday afternoon at a local Texas jail on the heels of his indictment for alleged abuse of power, a member of the governor’s legal team told Fox News,” a report read on Tuesday. “Fox News has learned Perry will have his mugshot and fingerprints taken.”

That’s really bad news for those who backed Perry’s prospective 2016 presidential campaign. No matter how frivolous the charges Perry faces, and they are frivolous, few politicians can recover from having a police mugshot follow them around wherever they go. And Perry’s mugshot will do just that in 2015 and 2016.

Life isn’t fair, and neither are high-dollar Republican donors – the kind of people a prospective candidate needs to woo in order to mount an even remotely competitive presidential campaign. Perry has been effectively positioning himself as a more conservative but still electable alternative to more centrist candidates like Chris Christie and Jeb Bush in his pitch to donors, but the notoriously skittish GOP donor base will be nervous about backing a candidate with optics as bad as those the Texas governor will earn today.

Maybe Perry can turn this around and turn even his mugshot into an advantage, as he has so effortlessly with the indictment that precipitated it. But that remains to be seen. When the Republican base’s protective instinct has worn off, that mugshot will still be there. Make no mistake, this is a serious blow to Perry’s viability as a national candidate.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I guess Lester’s windowless van is in the shop again.

CurtZHP on August 19, 2014 at 5:22 PM

I agree. You may remember that Tom DeLay smiled in his mugshot; the analysis at the time was that the mugshot wouldn’t be a boon to the Democrats. I think Perry should do the same.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on August 19, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Yep. That is exactly what I was thinking of when I posted that.

stvnscott on August 19, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Perry should also DEMAND they take a breathalyzer too while he’s there

Then they can publish “BAC 0.00″ under his mugshot, side by side with hers and “BAC 0.24″ for comparison

thurman on August 19, 2014 at 5:24 PM

In Texas, we’ve been here and done this- and the target of indictment moved up the next year on the political ladder.

michaelo on August 19, 2014 at 5:25 PM

A Rebel With A Cause

John the Libertarian on August 19, 2014 at 5:25 PM

You know nothing, Grasshopper. This little vignette virtually guarantees him a boost in the race for the Presidency.

Even the libiots are on the man’s side over this farce.

bimmcorp on August 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I would pay good money for a 2016 T-shirt with Perry’s mugshot on it.

dddave on August 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM

If you haven’t seen RickPacs response you should:

The idea that Perry is in trouble here is crazy. We should be holding him up on our shoulders and cheering him.

MikeRuss on August 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I’m trying to figure out if Ted Kennedy’s political life was over when he killed Mary Jo Kopechne. Fortunately it stopped his aspirations as a President, but it seems that Democrats have no problem with it for Senators.

Using the Governor’s legal power of veto doesn’t really seem to be on the same scale as killing someone.

But we allow the sociopathic godless left to define morality – so who knows?

Reuben Hick on August 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

DeLay won in the end, but it cost him his political office and career and Republicans millions he was raising for them.

Someone needs to clean up Travis County, and by “clean up” I mean get rid of the Democrats. They are out of control.

Adjoran on August 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Even my lib friends, who don’t like Perry even a tiny little bit, were laughing at Lehmberg last night.

“Call Greg!” was the frequent refrain.

This will serve nicely to ID the pearl-clutching bedwetting clean toga types for 2016 reference.

Missy on August 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I take it Noah never really “got” the whole Outlaw Country thing.

Vera on August 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I guess Lester’s windowless van is in the shop again.

CurtZHP on August 19, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Precious HA moment!

Schadenfreude on August 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I think Perry should do the same.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on August 19, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I think so too.

Missy on August 19, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I would pay good money for a 2016 T-shirt with Perry’s mugshot on it.

dddave on August 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I’d buy a few for my leftist friends. They’d probably wear them just to spite Perry but would only end up helping him.

Aizen on August 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM

He should beat them to it by taking an oversized version of his mug shot where ever he goes as an example of what an out of control government can do to you.

It would be his badge of honor for annoying the Statist.

Tater Salad on August 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM

But we allow the sociopathic godless left to define morality – so who knows?

Reuben Hick on August 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

To put that episode into modern times: Ted Kennedy sues Oldsmobile for tragic car mishap. Names ‘mystery’ girl’s parents as co-conspirators.

BigWyo on August 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Noahcott

gh on August 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Hopefully Lehmberg is there. Perry can give here a bottle of Tito’s Vodka as a gift.

Tater Salad on August 19, 2014 at 5:41 PM

You’ve got to be kidding.

This is the same nation that swooned over a gang member’s mug shot and he wound up getting a modeling contract from it.

ButterflyDragon on August 19, 2014 at 5:43 PM

The leftists have jumped the shark with this. I love it. Perry is going to make great political hey with this and this may just add one more senate seat to the republicans…maybe two.

jukin3 on August 19, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Perry sould fund an ad right after the mug shot talking about he situation. Rather than smile, he should have an incredulous look on his face. Or smile and then talke a private version with this head cocked and a look of discust. THen run his mug vs unflattering versions of the DA that brought these charges and the drunk. Desribe the woman the triggered this, described what he did and then describe the DA’s attack and the forrmer attack on DeLay. Show a choppy, animated mug shot of Perry looking discussed and pointing the the DA while asking who is that is REALLY attempting to influence public officials and corrupting the system.

Even better if he can get the charges tossed at an early, expidited hearing.

OBQuiet on August 19, 2014 at 5:47 PM

WANTED: Rick Perry
picture
By the left for holding public servants to account for their abuses of power.

Then use it as a positive.

WANTED: Rick Perry
picture
By conservatives looking for a more restrained government.

astonerii on August 19, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Sheer awesome sauce.

Kevin71 on August 19, 2014 at 5:47 PM

ButterflyDragon on August 19, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Probably a Democrat.

Aizen on August 19, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Noah Rothman = Jass Shaw; /ignore

In this country, all you need is a good looking mug shot, not a Nick Nolte mug shot.

Daemonocracy on August 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Perry’s Bad Boy Badge of Honor. Taken by the party that applauds Obama’s lawless recklessness daily. He’s glaring into the camera with exactly the right look of defiance and just a touch of a smirk. “Come and get me… punk.” Like someone accidentally put the sherriff’s picture on the wanted poster.

With the right messaging, Perry could turn this mugshot into the coolest presidential campaign icon since the Shepard Fairey Obama poster.

de rigueur on August 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM

The guy is getting great national coverage and support.

Volokh, Turley, Dershowitz, NYTimes… all recognizing the charges as questionable. And Perry maintains decorum throughout. Even a liberal dem PoliSci Prof at UTexas thinks the charges are baseless…

“I think the Perry indictment is tragic. It makes my beloved city of Austin a national laughingstock. I am embarrassed to be a liberal Democrat. I consider Perry’s behavior ungentlemanly but certainly not illegal,” she told TPM. “I see nothing in the indictment that would lead me to believe there is anything for the government to prove. I think the statutes were designed to prevent bribery, extortion or fraud, not use of the Governor’s veto authority.”

This will not fare well for the liberals in Austin.

Willys on August 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Maybe Perry can turn this around and turn even his mugshot into an advantage

Oh please. I’m hardly a Perry fan, but even I think this could work for him. You have libs in office with records who have done genuinely despicable things. Perry is steering into the skid here. In fact, I see a campaign poster filled with mugshots with his among many others from beloved celebrities and politicians.

Dongemaharu on August 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM

When Gov. Perry is found not guilty will Mr. Rothman wonder if The Governor will win in the end? I won’t hold my breath.

diogenes on August 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I’d wear a mugshot button with pride. Celebrate it, and shove it in the fascists faces every day over and over. Shame them, if that is possible.

MTF on August 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I would pay good money for a 2016 T-shirt with Perry’s mugshot on it.

dddave on August 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I wouldn’t necessarily want it as a campaign shirt-I thought he ran very poorly last time-but I’d love it as a shirt in general. He could use it for fundraising-I bet it would bring in big bucks.

I like the breathalyzer concept, but who would want a shirt with fat, drunk and stupid on it, and the alcohol content doesn’t have context without it.

Just a Perry mugshot with
Wanted:For attempting to force drunk politicians out of office.

talkingpoints on August 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Perry is steering into the skid here.
Dongemaharu on August 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I’d like to see him steer it into the white house parking lot, reversing into the reserved spot. This is a much better showing from him than 2012.

gh on August 19, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Seems to me that all he needs is a political advertisement comparing his mugshot and demeanor with the mugshot and demeanor of that Rosemary person.

Just keep running it non stop.

esr1951 on August 19, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Whenever I see an implausible Hot Air headline, I look for Noah Rothman’s byline, now. Usually, that’s the name I find. I think he’s just naturally contrarian.

RRFCL on August 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM

“Governor arrested for using his veto power,” sounds pretty dumb to me.

ezspirit on August 19, 2014 at 6:24 PM

How long before the booking photos spread all over the ‘net? Hope he looks good.

Ward Cleaver on August 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM

It’s only a serious blow to him if the voters let it be. We have to stop looking for perfection and start looking at the person flaws and all.

gophergirl on August 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM

I guess Lester’s windowless van is in the shop again.

CurtZHP on August 19, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Hilarious! But I think that it is more than likely a Matt Foley moment.

tanked59 on August 19, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Let this be a lesson to all Republican’s…this is how the other side wants to play the game.

McCain, Graham, the rest of the “moderates” this is what you get being moderate with liberals.

If they take one of ours “hostage” we should take ten of theirs…

right2bright on August 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Yeah I don’t think Perry’s worried

Freaking awesome

gophergirl on August 19, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Noah “Eyeore” Rothman.

leftnomore on August 19, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Noah “Hillary Clinton” Rothman

Big Orange on August 19, 2014 at 6:46 PM

“Make no mistake, this is a serious blow to Perry’s viability as a national candidate.”
NOT! I wish I could think of one example to refute this off the top of my head, but as an armchair historian I know very well that history is full of great leaders who suffered worse defeats than this. No way Dems will have the last laugh, nor the GOP, only God.

russedav on August 19, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Life isn’t fair,

that’s pretty funny Noah. The left/dem attacked him by any means necessary because they see him a threat to their ‘operation’

yeah, life’s not fair…just ask all the vics of Mob

r keller on August 19, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Pic up in the headline thread.

katy the mean old lady on August 19, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I love the little smirk. Uncle used to get that right before he shredded opposing counsel like cole slaw

katy the mean old lady on August 19, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Gov. Perry went in there smiling, and apparently the cops let him out rather quickly, probably winking and nodding at the Governor.

Since this whole indictment is a farce, Perry played political theater to his own benefit. Since they indicted the proverbial ham sandwich, Perry decided to “ham it up”.

This will go nowhere in court, and it will soon be clear that this is nothing more than a political witch hunt by desperate Democrats. Perry has been Governor for 14 years, and won landslide elections three times, and his state has the best record of job creation in the nation. Oh, by the way, the state Attorney General is running for Governor, and leading by double digits in the polls, so this will certainly help Perry beat the charge.

Perry should ask for a speedy trial, so he can be quickly acquitted and be stronger for 2016.

Steve Z on August 19, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Somehow I don’t believe the beauty of Gov Perry’s situation is being appreciated here…

If the Dems can repeatedly re-elect a Kennedy as a Senator after said Kennedy saved his own patoot while leaving his companion in his car to die, if’n this country can elect a womanizer (or two…) as President, if’n this country can elect a failed community organizer and lawyer as POUTS (twice), then Gov Perry should have an easy time overcoming a trumped-up abuse of power charge by a drunk DA…

Newtie and the Beauty on August 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM

katy the mean old lady on August 19, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Somebody better be awful worried about the outcome of THIS trial–and I don’t believe it will be Rick Perry… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 19, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Other than Ed & Allah this is lame.

There’s a bias/agenda in this writing.

It’s going to hurt Perry??

NO, you hope it does.

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Perry left the justice center and went to an ice cream shop! Gotta love him.

lonestar1 on August 19, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Every court hearing needs to have a demonstration outside complete with tar and feathers at the READY for the prosecutors and judge.

ConstantineXI on August 19, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Why?

There is no nation anymore. It is dead That twitching you see under the skin is nothing more then the parasites eating away at the dead flesh.

Nahanni on August 19, 2014 at 7:29 PM

only a serious blow to him if the voters let it be. We have to stop looking for perfection and start looking at the person flaws and all. I would think any candidate would wear this as a badge of honor. Going after power hungry democrats and their abuse of power. Hell yeah gophergirl on August 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM

You can take Noahs sage wisdom for precisely what it’s worth.

Nothing.

He’s a Mediaite hack.

His bias against Conservativism is clear and present.

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Nothing about why he turned himself in. So, why did he?

rlwo2008 on August 19, 2014 at 7:36 PM

So, why did he?

rlwo2008 on August 19, 2014 at 7:36 PM

So he could be booked and processed. He followed the law.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 7:38 PM

This is nothing but a hit job ordered by King Putt Putt Golf on Gov. Perry due to Texas and Perry standing up to him.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 19, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Good grief. There are photos of Barack Obama smoking dope… and somehow it didn’t hurt his career. Standing up to a drunk-drivin’ bureaucrat isn’t going to hurt Perry either. All it’s going to do is to ensure that alot more people see Rosemary Lehmburg flunking a sobriety test and acting like an idiot on YouTube.

Murf76 on August 19, 2014 at 7:44 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 19, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Dang. Will wonders never cease?

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM

The campaign commercial writes itself: ‘Are you actually doing your job? If you are then this is what Democrats want to do to YOU,’ and he points at the mugshot, ‘because I was doing mine.’

ajacksonian on August 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM

What is it with republican’s in Texas? They control both houses, but are scared to reign in the power of the Travis Co. DA

If they had any back-bone they should move the capital to Midland. From my understanding Midland is in a red county. I bet the D.A there would be sending out subpoena’s to every lib in the state.

This is another George Bush Sr error.

1. Souter
2. Appt. McCrum
3. He also appointed that Federal Judge that called the Supreme Ct A**holes and run’s a liberal blog.

Tony Montana on August 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Why not show the real mugshot? That is an old photo, come on guys whose side are you on?

hpk1942 on August 19, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Tony Montana on August 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM

You have never been to Midland.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Please. President Choom is photographed how many times with a doobie and his little pothead smirk and he’s so cooool! Talks about buying “blow” when he could afford it. Blah, blah, blah. Rick Perry will not be hurt by this. Neither will it be a “serious blow” to his viability. Stop with the vapors Noah! Ugh!

JAM on August 19, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I’m tired of them getting what they want. They need to get what they deserve.

claudius on August 19, 2014 at 8:02 PM

By the way, the Lehmberg name is of German origin, not Swedish. I just wanted to clear that up.

claudius on August 19, 2014 at 8:05 PM

You mean the donor base demanding cheap illegal labor? I don’t think their “skittishness” has anything to do with the mug shot, they just don’t want anything to get in the way of their desire to be the future slaveholders of America.

Cindy Munford on August 19, 2014 at 8:12 PM

You have never been to Midland.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I was reading a reply from another poster, on the web site “Legal Inserrection”. I just assumed Midland was a conservative county.

But what is it with the republican’s in Texas. It just seem’s they
don’t want to do anything regarding Travis Co.

Tony Montana on August 19, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Tony Montana on August 19, 2014 at 8:19 PM

For the umpteenth time, the authority was given to Travis county so the state would not have to set up its own public integrity unit. Texas has always been a small government state and the idea fit well at the time. Not so much now and it will be addressed during the next legislative session.

Midland is in a desert 50 miles farther out than the middle of nowhere. Good for old airplanes (the CAF is currently headquartered there) and not much else. And I like Midland.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Moving the capital wouldn’t fix the fact that liberal scum are attracted to the seat of governance.

Look at any red state’s capital city- they’re all full of lawyers, lobbyists, leftists and moochers (but I repeat myself) and I’ll bet there isn’t a single state capital that votes conservative.

It doesn’t matter if we move the capital to Refugio, Marfa or Cut-and-Shoot; the liberals will follow.

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Gad…capitol. not capital.

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 8:40 PM

If it is about the lush drinking 6.5 ounces of vodka a day, then he wins.
If it is about money in all these Texas enterprise funds going to non-vetted recipients, then I don’t know.

J.B. Say on August 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM

So he could be booked and processed. He followed the law.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Thanks.

rlwo2008 on August 19, 2014 at 8:46 PM

You’re joking right? Have the Democrats in Congress have been busted and had their mugshot taken for some protest or another. Why would just having a mugshot amount to anything. There are ads every cycle with real and made up mugshots in them. Never amounts to much unless you can show a conviction.

Rocks on August 19, 2014 at 4:53 PM

If that isn’t Noah ‘concern trolling’, don’t know what is.

This event, and videos of same, potentially is the critical mass needed to base the “Sorry, illegal/undocumented Dreamers and DACAs, even our government officials follow our laws- no matter how inconvenient: No Amnesty” campaign.

socalcon on August 19, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Well, if it was moved to Marfa, we could look at the lights.

My vote would be for Gun barrel City.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I don’t think Noah is concern trolling but I do think he is underestimating the change in environment out there.

Let’s be clear – the democrats have nothing to run on – nothing. They stand for nothing except the exercise of raw political power and increasingly are relying strong armed tactics of both legal and media to tear down their opponents. If you vote for a Demccrat DA or SoS anywhere, you are voting for a member of a criminal conspiracy. You may not know it yet, but it is fact.

I hope this along with the action against Walker in Wisconsin lets the squish GOP realize they need to reign in the power of government. It is dangerous and quickly becoming evil incarnate.

Perry will be fine – I think, properly worked he may have just won the GOP nomination.

Zomcon JEM on August 19, 2014 at 9:06 PM

These poor dumb liberals are going to get Perry elected…

Indictment a win win win for Rick Perry

conservativeBC on August 19, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Heck, if we moved the capitol and all the weirdos from Austin to Marfa, the aliens would have to leave. Ruining the neighborhood, and all.

How about to Iraan? Nobody knows how to pronounce it- maybe the lawyers would get lost asking for directions.

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 9:23 PM

His mugshot looks like a glamour shot. Not the optics this entire charade was hoping to produce. Then he tweeted a photo from Sandy’s ice cream. Hilarious.

Ellis on August 19, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Noah is only posting this because he couldn’t find a way to bring limelight back to the equally stupid Rick Perry’s Racist Rock will scare donors BS from 2012.

BKennedy on August 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM

I believe the first thing he said upon exiting the justice center was to thank the Travis Co. deputies for their professionalism.

Perry has his flaws, but he also has class.

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Our Mandela !!!11!!

faraway on August 19, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Perry has his flaws, but he also has class.

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 9:29 PM

The first part I will agree with you on. Still not sure of the second part.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 9:36 PM

He is not afraid to stand up to corrupt Democrats.

bitsy on August 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Our Mandela !!!11!!

faraway on August 19, 2014 at 9:35 PM

To be a perfect analogy, Anita, his wife would have to be allied with M13 or some other murderous gang.

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Perry has bigger problems than his political ambitions, he needs to worry about his freedom. People have gone to jail on far less, and if he gets the wrong jury, it doesn’t matter what fox news tells you is legal or not.

triple on August 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM

The first part I will agree with you on. Still not sure of the second part.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Is it the glasses?

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 9:43 PM

…it doesn’t matter what fox news tells you is legal or not.

triple on August 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM

JAID

Just Another Ignorant Dumdass

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Is it the glasses?

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Nope, still mad about the time he Luhmberged a state trooper.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 9:45 PM

If you think Perry has nothing to worry about, you must think our justice system is flawless and never gets it wrong.

I don’t think Perry deserves a felony charge, but I don’t think he has nothing to worry about, either. That’s just delusional.

triple on August 19, 2014 at 9:45 PM

triple on August 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM

He can run for office from jail. Dems do it.

Fight the Power!!!

faraway on August 19, 2014 at 9:46 PM

You mean that speeding ticket back in 2000? Yeah, not Rickster’s finest hour.

(man, you can hold a grudge)

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

triple on August 19, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Mostly I just think you are idiot ass.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

(man, you can hold a grudge)

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Its a good thing to remember.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I would pay good money for a 2016 T-shirt with Perry’s mugshot on it.

dddave on August 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM

As I bought one of the Cruz t-shirts, so would I buy one of these.

Midas on August 19, 2014 at 9:55 PM

(man, you can hold a grudge)

Dolce Far Niente on August 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I still refuse to buy Toshiba products for them selling milling machines to the Soviets to make quiet submarines and Wayne LaPierre for his “Jackbooted thugs” remarks.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Yuck, Hot Air just tricked me into linking to a Huffington Post article. Not only did they get a hit from me, now I have to take a shower.

Whiterock on August 19, 2014 at 10:10 PM

(Redstate) Those worried about Perry’s mugshot should look at this video again and think about how much use the Perry team can get out of a mug shot. I’d suggest Perry go in for his mug shot with a t-shirt that has Johnny Cash’s mug shot on it

conservativeBC on August 19, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Mostly I just think you are idiot ass.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Well then, There are a lot of asses around here today.
Perry is now done – for any future career in Politics at least. His byline forever now will be – Rick Perry, indicted Governor of Texas, ………. The damage is already done, and discovery will only uncover more “situations” that will require further attention- and this will not end for a long time. And then of course the Ethics Commission will Pile On at some point.
LoFo America lets the Media decide guilt or innocence….not the evidence or the courts.

FlaMurph on August 19, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Mostly I just think you are idiot ass.

cozmo on August 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM