Video: The knockout game seems to be alive and well

posted at 3:31 pm on August 17, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

One of the running points of contention in the ongoing battle between the Left and Right media concerns the Knockout Game. But the questions, oddly enough, frequently don’t center on who is doing it or what should be done about, but rather whether or not it even exists. I have seen far too many liberal opinionators going forth, particularly on Twitter, and insisting that this is largely a non-issue, and mostly some propaganda dreamed up by conservatives to libel minorities. They might want to have a word with Jannatul Ferdous.

A pregnant woman was sucker-punched in the back of the head Thursday afternoon — and may be the latest victim of the creepy “knockout game,” law enforcement sources said.

Jannatul Ferdous, a 34-year-old Brooklyn resident who is six months pregnant, was walking down a sidewalk in Bedford-Stuyvesant alongside her sister when Willie Stephens, 33, allegedly sneaked up behind her and socked her in the head around 3:45 p.m. Thursday, sources said.

Ferdous was knocked unconscious during the sudden attack, but neither she nor her child was critically injured.

The video quality isn’t great, you’ll have to admit, coming from a security camera a few houses away. But it’s good enough to serve as a picture serving better than a thousand words.

The woman in question is very pregnant from the picture provided. It’s rather amazing that neither she nor the baby was seriously injured.

So is this still some conservative fantasy? The victim in this case wasn’t even white, but just as much in danger as any other unwilling participant in this “game.” This comes on top of reports of similar incidents down in Ferguson, of all places. But unlike large scale mayhem or robberies where lots of physical evidence might be found, these attacks appear to be largely spontaneous, opportunistic crimes of the moment. Much harder to prevent and difficult to trace unless you’re lucky enough to have a camera running somewhere nearby.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Let me guess, heavily militarized police is your answer?

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Hey, it was just a fine young man who is going to be a college student in the fall.

Viator on August 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Didn’t turn out well for Gentle Giant Mikey Brown.

HumpBot Salvation on August 17, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I’m not a fan of militarization of local police, but I’m a big fan of shooting looters, violent anarchists and “knockout game” players on the spot. Think of it as armed “civil disobedience”.

Jaibones on August 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM

One of the first “knock out game” cases that reached any prominence was over a Vietnamese man in St. Louis who died after being attacked.

stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_b5af427f-f999-5ede-94be-a05ddd7ab59e.html?sms
foxnews.com/us/2013/05/02/knockout-game-killer-gets-life-sentence-for-st-louis-attack/

In another attack, the mayor of St. Louis personally helped rescue a man who was attacked… and the case fell apart because a 13yo was afraid of testifying and being a “snitch”.

‘Knockout game’ case shocked St. Louis, then fell apart
stltoday.com/news/local/metro/knockout-game-case-shocked-st-louis-then-fell-apart/article_cdf5032a-b65e-51e0-a84e-de0f0ce0c5f8.html

The only other city that even comes close to St. Louis when it comes to early high profile “knockout game” attacks is maybe Philly…

ninjapirate on August 17, 2014 at 3:40 PM

I see RINO Central is getting worse. Jazz Shaw? Oof.

echosyst on August 17, 2014 at 3:41 PM

The crimes are premeditated, only the selection of who the victim is to be is random.

slickwillie2001 on August 17, 2014 at 3:42 PM

cool story bro.

Say NO to fascism. Say NO to militarized police in American cities.

coolrepublica on August 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM

The “knockout game” has become a nationwide menace in which roaming mobs randomly select victims and without warning hit them as hard as they can in an attempt to knock them out.

But there’s a new twist now, with attackers checking their victims first to find out whether they are armed.

The Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville reported a witness called police claiming she saw a male juvenile punch a man in the face, “apparently without provocation.”

The victim, who told police he believed the boys were playing the knockout game, said one of the boys approached him and asked if he had a “Glock.” The man was punched after admitting he was unarmed, the paper said.

davidk on August 17, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Another honor student.

jukin3 on August 17, 2014 at 3:45 PM

A sidebar at that site gives a long list of articles related to the knockout “game.”

davidk on August 17, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Here’s what stands out:

Heavily urban location.

Uber-blue city.

33 year old assailant.

It all tells me that we’re looking at a loser, a douchebag, an azzhole who hasn’t been to prison or is on parole only the grace of a legal system which favors the perps over the victims.

I went riding with my crew on Saturday and was unfailingly called “sir” by the staff of the various bars we visited; rural, red, small town. I suppose it helps that we’re all vaguely scary-looking, but that just makes this crime even worse, the punching jackholes pick on the weak; reminds me of ISIS.

Bishop on August 17, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Another honor student.

jukin3 on August 17, 2014 at 3:45 PM

“Well, he could have been if he didn’t get all F’s from his racist teachers!”

aquaqueen

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 3:49 PM

People used to be surprised at racial violence in Iowa. Not any more. Not since Beat Whitey Night at the Iowa State Fair. Not since last September when a black mob murdered a white father of six. Not since subsequent reports of several occasions of large scale black mob violence in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines.

And now the Knockout Game. Police this week received two reports of assaults near Iowa State University in Ames. Both on the same night. Police are looking for a car full of black people as their prime suspects. Police are calling it the Knockout Game.

davidk on August 17, 2014 at 3:49 PM

More Sons of Obama, making dad so proud.

VorDaj on August 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM

reminds me of ISIS.

Bishop on August 17, 2014 at 3:48 PM

The same mindset.

davidk on August 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM

No justice, no peace…? or snitches get stitches? or hands up, don’t shoot?

d1carter on August 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Oh, forgot, “Gentle Giant”…?

d1carter on August 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM

No justice, no peace…? or snitches get stitches? or hands up, don’t shoot?

d1carter on August 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM

“pants up, don’t loot”.

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Let me guess, heavily militarized police is your answer?

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

And tribal anarchy would be yours? Or maybe more shootouts between White/Korean Proprietors and Black looters is what you want to see.

I see RINO Central is getting worse. Jazz Shaw? Oof.

echosyst on August 17, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Libertarianism has nothing to do conservatism and conservatism has nothing to do with “limited” government, however indignantly the NRO crowd may protest the fact. Conservatism is rooted in the drive to preserve one’s culture and nation, economics was always secondary to the prime directive of maintaining the continuity of one’s people.

abobo on August 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

cool story bro.

Say NO to fascism. Say NO to militarized police in American cities.

coolrepublica on August 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM

cool concept bro. Say no to reliance on armed public servants and drop a would-be KnockOut Game thug with your personal 357 Magnum.

Hooah Bitches!

hawkdriver on August 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

“Yo, you got a Glock?”

-Nope. (instantly on guard)

*swing and a miss*

BOOM!

“Ahhhhh! *thud* “I’m…dyin’…but you said…”

-You asked if a I had a Glock. Never asked if I had a forty five.

Bishop on August 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

“Yo, you got a Glock?”

-Nope. (instantly on guard)

*swing and a miss*

BOOM!

“Ahhhhh! *thud* “I’m…dyin’…but you said…”

-You asked if a I had a Glock. Never asked if I had a forty five.

Bishop on August 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Does your dog bite?

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM

CNN to complain we don’t understand the ‘culture’ of the knock-out artists.

We’ve failed…again.

WhirledPeas on August 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Gee, Jazz, I was under the impression that Hot Gas had an embargo on these black-on-white crime stories. IIRC, during the Saint Trayvon insanity, Ed said they were too inflammatory or words to that effect. The impression I got was that reminding people that the black-on-white crimes vastly outnumber white-on-black crimes might be viewed as racist and that just couldn’t be allowed. In other words, the truth was sacrificed because management feared what the reaction to the truth would be.

Didn’t you get the memo?

In fact, for some time I emailed links of black-on-white crimes to Hot Gas as I ran across them. As in almost every day, sometimes more than one a day. It wasn’t hard, these stories are commonplace, just generally ignored by the MSM because they don’t advance the media’s race narrative. Not a single one was ever posted here. Not that I expected them to be, despite their newsworthiness. But I was pissed off enough to want to make a point.

novaculus on August 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Let me guess, heavily militarized police is your answer?

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

An entire fleet of MRAP’s crewed by SWAT members doesn’t mean jack squat if they’re 10 minutes away; that equipment is great if rioting breaks out, not so hot for the lone dude watching his door being busted down.

Bishop on August 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM

abobo on August 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

My solution is carry a weapon. The police can’t be everywhere at once, and, frankly are proving to be less than trustworthy these days (The days of Sargent Joe Friday are over). If you have a weapon it is everywhere YOU are, and a second away.

An armed society is a polite society.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Does your dog bite? VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Does he have teeth?

Akzed on August 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Bishop on August 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM

For women in particular, I recommend a .380ACP. Small, very light, very concealable, still has reasonable power. The ideal self defense weapon is a 12 gauge shotgun, but those are a little difficult to carry on one’s person all day…

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Ahhh the day that one of these dreg chooses poorly will be notable…

Fail and run into a concealed carry license holder or former Marine…

Guessing concealed carry more likely as the cowards that do this target people they see as weak. As the saying goes…God made man Samuel Colt made them equal…

OF course when that day comes and just deserts are delivered… Im sure it will be RAAAACCCCIIIIISSST

abnormal_1 on August 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Does your dog bite?

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM

He has never bitten me.

RickB on August 17, 2014 at 4:04 PM

abnormal_1 on August 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Of course it will………………….

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 4:04 PM

cool story bro.

Say NO to fascism. Say NO to militarized police in American cities.

coolrepublica on August 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Hooah B!tches!

hawkdriver on August 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”

abnormal_1 on August 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Blacks are 12% of the population, yet commit more than half of all violent crimes and murders. If the black community ever wants to be taken seriously it needs to deal with that.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Ahhh the day that one of these dreg chooses poorly will be notable…

Fail and run into a concealed carry license holder or former Marine…

I forgot..this already happened…

May it happen a few more times and maybe it will cease

abnormal_1 on August 17, 2014 at 4:06 PM

cool story bro.

Say NO to fascism. Say NO to militarized police in American cities.

coolrepublica on August 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Hey, Harvard ESL student! Care to share how you’e said NO to fascism today? Or NO to militarized police yesterday? Or at anytime in your life?

Done anything about it other than be a horsefly on Hot Air?

****

Thought not. I guess a story about all these young men of color acting out in random vicious assaults is just too scary to comment on.

But- do carry on with the militarized police mumble- as though you understood what fascism actually is.

Dolce Far Niente on August 17, 2014 at 4:06 PM

By the way, Jazz, I bookmarked those links I sent in, and others after I stopped bothering.

It’s quite a long list. Triple digit entries.

novaculus on August 17, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Does your dog bite?

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM

He has never bitten me.

RickB on August 17, 2014 at 4:04 PM

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Does anyone else view this site on a mobile device?

I continue to see script for ads that run across the page. It makes the site look really small.

Unclosed tag or something I guess.

PITA

Mark Boabaca on August 17, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Dogs. Plural. They all bite, all dogs do, but some bite differently than others.

Ace? Dave? You could be wearing a leather apron and holding a running chainsaw, if you pull out a dog treat you’ve got a friend for life; those two geeks will fall for anything.

Stego gets his jaws on you, well…you’ll be begging me to put a bullet in your head.

Bishop on August 17, 2014 at 4:10 PM

It is, perhaps, illustrative that the St Louis area is a hotbed for the Knockout Game.

formwiz on August 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Does anyone else view this site on a mobile device?

Unclosed tag or something I guess.

PITA

Mark Boabaca on August 17, 2014 at 4:07 PM

It’s really kind of pitiful that this site has never undergone any kind of redesign despite being over 8 years old. Except cluttering it up with more ads, of course. At times it gets almost unusable on an ipad (which is responsible for most of my “Speak-O’s”) On my PC and Mac I have a heavily fortified browser (based on Firefox though I quit using Firefox when they went Gay Milita on us) and never see ads here or anywhere else…

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Bishop on August 17, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I am not fond of dogs. Admittedly, that has a lot to do with the fact I was mauled within an inch of my life at age 3 when a stray attacked me in my own front yard. First thing my dad did when I got home from the hospital after that was present me with a yellow-orange tabby kitten, I took to cats then and have never looked back.

The irony is that a housecat is potentially FAR more dangerous than a dog that is several times his size (superior weaponry), but in my experience they are not.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:15 PM

formwiz on August 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM

It is epidemic in all urban cesspools.

Cities are not safe unless you are of the wealthy privileged class that has security guards and gated enclaves.

Or you can shut down streets for hours and travel through them with an armored brigade of vehicles like Obama.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Does your dog bite?

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM

“That is not my dog.”

Somebody had to say it.

vlad martel on August 17, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Let me guess, heavily militarized police is your answer?

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Better than pregnant women being sucker punched.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 4:24 PM

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I have friends who tell me the .380 is totally inadequate for a self defense handgun, but I have yet to have any of them volunteer to stand in front of me and let me shoot them 7 times with one after I ask them.

The issue with carrying a gun for self defense and all of the hoopla about calibers and one shot stopping power is moot where you are out in public IMO. Out in a public place you most likely will not have to stop an assailant with one shot, you just need to make him want to be some place where he is not getting shot by you, so you can get away. Pain is a tremendous motivator to go find another place to be. Granted it is not 100% foolproof but nothing in life is. Carry the .380 and hope you never have to use it. It is better than carrying a hammer.

Big difference from home defense though. There you truly need one shot stopping power and that 12 gauge is just the ticket.

Johnnyreb on August 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM

“This wasn’t the Knock Out game. That pregnant woman, the pig, was about to bust a cap in poor Willie Stephens. He was luckier than Mike Brown and got to her before she kill him in cold blood. That pig got what was coming to her. You fascists are always siding with pregnant women. Go Willie!! Free Willie!!”
/Aquaturd Hungerfarce

Bitter Clinger on August 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM

/Aquaturd Hungerfarce

Bitter Clinger on August 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM

He mistook the pregnant black woman for a white woman because he was blinded by his justifiable rage against white supremacy.

vlad martel on August 17, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Johnnyreb on August 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM

A sad statement about current conditions is that my 80 year old grandfather does not answer his door without his Smith and Wesson 357 magnum revolver (he is a retired Sheriff’s Deputy and that was his service weapon). In ASHLAND, KY of all places. Crime is getting out of hand even here.

We are in the last days of civilization. Between islamists and liberals there isn’t going to be anything left soon.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Let me guess, heavily militarized police is your answer?

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Better than pregnant women being sucker punched.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Militarized police can prevent that, how?

Well, I guess they COULD if they were in every neighborhood, with armor, M16, armored vehicle, stopping everyone for “papers”.

Do you want to live like that?

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Better than pregnant women being sucker punched.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 4:24 PM

A pregnant woman getting punched is a horrible thing, but it will never be as bad as unleashing fascism and totalitarianism on America for the sake of stopping it.

And anyone who so willy nilly advocates militarizing our police force for fear of riots and knockout games are greater danger to the fabric of America than 1000 IS and al-qaedas.

coolrepublica on August 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Johnnyreb on August 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Loaded with – 7 3/4 shot followed by .00 buck or slug, 7 3/4 shot followed by .00 buck or slug, 7 3/4 shot followed by .00 buck or slug.

Dear old Dad taught me to load that way for a very good reason.

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM

An armed society is a polite society.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM

True points all around; but don’t ignore the possibility that anyone of us could easily find ourselves in a situation where a single person, no matter how well armed, simply can’t keep the peace all alone. If gangs have actual PD’s out-manned and out-gunned, how much more so the average individual. We can’t all carry AR’s, even if we should like the Swiss do. Cop-hating is a luxury that those of us without rural getaways or gated communities simply can’t afford.

abobo on August 17, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Say NO to fascism. Say NO to militarized police in American cities.

coolrepublica on August 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Weird, I haven’t seen one comment from you about saying NO to looting or stealing from your fellow citizens in American cities.

And why are you bothering us with your drivel? You should be contacting the democrat mayors, the democrat controlled city councils and the democrat controlled police departments of those American cities you are so worried about.

HumpBot Salvation on August 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Johnnyreb on August 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Funny you should say this, I saw this over at Instapundit.

UNFORGETTABLE PROSE, FROM TAM:

In my book, these little pocket .380s like the BG380, P3AT, and LCP are largely disposable anyway, so complaints about their soulless qualities are pointless. Their primary virtues are light weight, compactness, and a price low enough “that every man (and woman) be armed.” This is as volkspistole as it gets right now; in a perfect world, these things are sold in blister packs next to the disposable vacation cameras.

Heh.

Cindy Munford on August 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Bishop on August 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Dude is backed up against a wall by a snarling German Shepard.

Dude says to me, “Hey old man does your dog bite”?

Me, nope my dog does not bite.

Dude, kool and starts to walk away and dog chews his leg off.

Dude, looks at me and says “Old geezer you said your dog does not bite you MFer”.

Me, that ain’t my dog.

HonestLib on August 17, 2014 at 4:40 PM

cool story bro.

Say NO to fascism. Say NO to militarized police in American citiesvoting to re-elect Democrats.

coolrepublica on August 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Don’t want fascism? Quit voting for the fascists.

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 17, 2014 at 4:40 PM

abobo on August 17, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Where I live (a rural-ish, small town area) the police are mostly a joke, mostly ex high school jocks that couldn’t hack it in college.

Rely on them at your own peril.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Don’t want fascism? Quit voting for the fascists.

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 17, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Precisely.

Militarized police that blow down doors and toss grenades into baby beds are the NATURAL RESULT of 50 years of evolution to democrat socialist fascism.

To keep us in line the police MUST be what they are becoming.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Ahhh the day that one of these dreg chooses poorly will be notable…

Fail and run into a concealed carry license holder or former Marine…

abnormal_1 on August 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I see you’ve already forgotten the story of St. Trayvon of the Hoodie Order. And you’re right. It was RAAAACCCCIIIIISSST of the evil George of Peruvia to not let his skull get caved in on the sidewalk instead of gunning down Dear Liar’s son.

Wisdom_of_Homer on August 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Sorry the picture on the front page broke. I was on my way back from camp and didn’t get to catch it for a while. My bad.

Jazz Shaw on August 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Militarized police can prevent that, how?

Do you want to live like that?

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I Just had gave birth recently, I definetely wouldn’t have wanted to be punched out like that woman. And now with a newborn in tow, I don’t want to be a victim like that. Especially since I’m only 5’3.

And carrying a gun (have one) is not a very good option, because most of these people get SUCKER punched.

I would much rather a strong police presence than to be afraid to walk to the park during the DAY.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Meet “Mr.” Stephens:

CW on August 17, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Mr. Stephens looks very unhappy with life. In pain if you will. I am certain that other practitioners of this “game” are equally in deep psychic pain. The compassionate thing to do would be to put these poor animals out of their misery.

NOMOBO on August 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Precisely.

To keep us in line the police MUST be what they are becoming.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM

I see you’re far more worried about the police than you are about thugs clubbing pregnant women in the head.

Bitter Clinger on August 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM

unless you’re lucky enough to have a camera running somewhere nearby

Someone tries to sucker punch me, they’ll be lucky if there’s an ambulance nearby. They’ll need it.

You’ll note that these ‘big, brave men’ run off afterwards.

GarandFan on August 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Best thing you could do for the safety of yourself and your child is to move as far away from large cities as you can.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Jazz Shaw on August 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM

It’s working now!

Are you going to catch it for posting about this?

dogsoldier on August 17, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Bitter Clinger on August 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM

When you need them in seconds, police are always minutes away (hours in some places).

What difference does it matter if they arrive in a Crown Vic wearing a uniform and carry a revolver instead of a tank wearing body armor and carry a M16? How does that protect a pregnant woman being sucker punched by a scumbag punk best removed from the gene pool?

So do you want to live in a country where militarized police are literally everywhere all the time, there are checkpoints everywhere, and that you have a M16 pointed at you at some point AT LEAST once a day if you go outside?

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:49 PM

But you just said that your small town is getting pretty crime-ridden.

Bitter Clinger on August 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM

But you just said that your small town is getting pretty crime-ridden.

Bitter Clinger on August 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM

It is. And it’s only 21,000 in population.

Let that sink in… Not even my birth city (Ashland) is safe anymore.

And Ashlanders are FAR more civilized than anything in New York City.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:54 PM

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM

No, I don’t.

But in a thread about a thug knocking out (literally) a pregnant woman, you immediately go off on the militarization of police.

And, btw, hyperbole much?

Bitter Clinger on August 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Slightly OT – rev sharptongue riling up the folks in Ferguson right now – should be a fun night there again…….

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM

And, btw, hyperbole much?

Bitter Clinger on August 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Polly likes his crackers. Dictionaries not so much.

CW on August 17, 2014 at 4:57 PM

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:49 PM

My husband and I moved to the suburbs, but thugs like this are everywhere.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 4:58 PM

No, I don’t.

And, btw, hyperbole much?

Bitter Clinger on August 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM

A society with perfect safety is a society with no liberty.

Alright, I will speak of the root cause here because no one has the guts to. The biggest threat to civilization in the United States is NOT islam. At least not yet.

It’s a black culture that glorifies violence and destruction over law, order, and work.

There, I said it. Call me racist all you want, but that is the truth.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:58 PM

No, I don’t.

And, btw, hyperbole much?

Bitter Clinger on August 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Don’t bother Constantine plays childish games all the time putting words in peoples’ mouths. He’s like out sides “nonpartisan” but even more rabid. Later . Too much foolishness here. Constantine get a life.

CW on August 17, 2014 at 4:59 PM

My husband and I moved to the suburbs, but thugs like this are everywhere.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 4:58 PM

The city I currently live in has a population of barely 1,000, and crime is up here too.

I don’t plan on remaining here. Soon as I can I am moving out to a REALLY rural area.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:59 PM

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM

You mean Rev. $$$harpton.. They were cursing and heckling just the other day.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Does anyone else view this site on a mobile device?
Unclosed tag or something I guess.
PITA
Mark Boabaca on August 17, 2014 at 4:07 PM

YESSSSSSS ! iPad, here.
For a few days, actually.
I had JUST taken a screenshot, in hopes of asking about the same thing !
Wondered if I could do anything from here ???

pambi on August 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Precisely.

To keep us in line the police MUST be what they are becoming.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Constantine, I’ve been meaning to point out this inconsistency in your demilitarization argument. You are 100% correct that the police don’t need to”blow down doors and toss grenades into baby beds” or even blow away bedridden old men in order to serve a search warrant. It is also immoral that they have the authority to seize your property without due process.

But this should in no way impugn them for showing up to police a riot in riot gear. If people are looting and perpetrating an insurrection in a violent manner they need to be dealt with in kind by the police.

NOMOBO on August 17, 2014 at 5:01 PM

You mean Rev. $$$harpton.. They were cursing and heckling him just the other day.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Grammar fail.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 5:01 PM

This is what I see almost every single refresh …

pambi on August 17, 2014 at 5:01 PM

My husband and I moved to the suburbs, but thugs like this are everywhere.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 4:58 PM

They are now, thanks to Section 8 relocating of inner city thugs into the suburbs and exurbs as more housing projects are torn down for gentrification. Turns out that inner city stuff was some prime real estate.

vlad martel on August 17, 2014 at 5:01 PM

CW on August 17, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Bugger off fascist.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 5:02 PM

vlad martel on August 17, 2014 at 5:01 PM

That’s what happened to East Palo Alto.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 5:04 PM

NOMOBO on August 17, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Were they dealing with the rioters?

They were intimidating journalists and peaceful protestors mostly. This is why they were ordered to stand down.

If all they had done was go after looters they’d get no grief from me.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 5:04 PM

You mean Rev. $$$harpton.. They were cursing and heckling just the other day.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Actually that was jesse jackass that was being heckled for asking for donations from the people, $$$harpton saw that and is now demanding money from the city “If they have all this money for the pOOOlice, they should have some for meeeeeeee!” basically……

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 5:05 PM

vlad martel on August 17, 2014 at 5:01 PM

The ObamaHUD has now created regulations that pretty much makes it impossible to have a suburb WITHOUT a lot of Section 8 housing.

The Obamas, Clintons, and other liberal ruling class elites will never live within 10 miles of any Section 8 project.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Rely on them at your own peril.

Suburb dweller here. I was arming our alarm one night when my husband was out of town and accidentally hit the “Police” button. Two young, very polite officers showed up in about a minute and a half, knocking on the door. I felt terrible, but they were nice about it. Came in to make sure everything was okay and then left.

WhirledPeas on August 17, 2014 at 5:07 PM

WhirledPeas on August 17, 2014 at 5:07 PM

The city I live in pays it’s police minimum wage.

Which scares me more than the criminals do.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Geez….. this thing keeps going on and on and on and………..

Saint Mikey of Ferguson……………

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Congrats on the new bundle of joy.

HonestLib on August 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM

The city I live in pays it’s police minimum wage.

Which scares me more than the criminals do.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Seriously? Minimum wage? Wow…..

VegasRick on August 17, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I’d like to pose a question and I don’t really care about the propriety of it, is it a coincidence that this phenomenon has occurred since Obama has become President? When you see the New Black Panther Party not prosecuted for obvious voter intimidation and the word gets out, “We’ve got one of ours in the White House and Justice Department so we don’t have to worry.” you can see this stuff happening.

The fact is that black people have been played for years by Democrats and the fact they’re not getting the desired results leads to frustration, which they take out in various ways. I have no clue why black people keep voting for Democrats. They have the same problems they’ve had for 60 years and it’s mainly because they vote for a party that would much rather have the issue than a solution.

I’m afraid there will come a turning point in this and it’s not going to be pretty. How long will it be before white people start looking for young black people to attack and get even with? How long before someone, fearing they’ll be attacked by a young black man, pulls out a weapon and shoots him, not knowing for sure if he was really going to be a victim of one of these attacks? I do believe these things are going to happen if crimes like this are not dealt with by our laws.

As far as black people still voting for Democrats, their leadership has failed them and, until they recognize that, they will continue to have the same problems. When you believe Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have your best interests at heart, you’re automatically behind the curve.

bflat879 on August 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM

If all they had done was go after looters they’d get no grief from me.

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 5:04 PM

No, they were ordered to stand down because of the optics, not the reality. And those optics were created and reinforced by complainers like you and the media whores who are more interested in ratings than in truth.

The “peaceful protesters and journalists” should be compliant enough with the situation in order to avoid eliciting a perfectly reasonable reaction from the police trying to restore the peace.

NOMOBO on August 17, 2014 at 5:13 PM

UNFORGETTABLE PROSE, FROM TAM:

Heh.

Cindy Munford on August 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I’ve been known to carry a Star Model S. Very similar to the 1911 in design, slim and easy to conceal, stone reliable, and the controls are the same as a 1911 (my usual full-size carry gun) so I don’t have to learn two different set-ups and remember which one I’m carrying when the chips go down.

Hardly a throwaway gun, though. These were built for both military and civilian markets (mine has Luftwaffe waffenamts). The Iver Johnson Pony was the same design, and so was the Colt Pony, both high quality pistols as well.

None remain in production, which is a shame. They’re higher quality and better weapons than 99% of the .380s out there.

As for .380 power, it is what it is, roughly equivalent to .38 Spcl. Remember the recent case where a guy started shooting in a hospital, killed someone, and got shot by a doctor who was carrying in violation of the hospital’s idiotic gun free zone policy? Reportedly, that doctor had a.32 ACP pistol. It was good enough.

A .380 in the pocket is better than a .45 left at home.

novaculus on August 17, 2014 at 5:18 PM

ConstantineXI on August 17, 2014 at 4:49 PM

My family can afford to live where-ever we want. Most folks are not that lucky. Lady just had a child and is concerned with safety.

Turn it down a notch or two. Most folks are just trying to live a good life.

HonestLib on August 17, 2014 at 5:18 PM