Eric Holder orders additional autopsy on Michael Brown. Wait… what?

posted at 5:03 pm on August 17, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

I was traveling most of the afternoon, so I’ll probably rely on some of the usual eagle eyed commenters with legal backgrounds, as well as our usual sources, for some more details on this one. As the situation in Ferguson continues to roil, and the curfew is extended for another night (contrary to previous press announcements) Attorney General Eric Holder is getting involved.

Attorney General Eric Holder called for another autopsy to be performed on slain black teenager Michael Brown, whose shooting by a white cop in a St. Louis suburb has sparked violent protests that left a man critically wounded early Sunday.

“Due to the extraordinary circumstances involved in this case and at the request of the Brown family, Attorney General Holder has instructed Justice Department officials to arrange for an additional autopsy to be performed by a federal medical examiner,” Justice Department spokesman Brian Fallon said in a statement.

“This independent examination will take place as soon as possible,” he continued, adding that officials will still take into account the state-performed autopsy during their probe.

The Brown family legal team also hired a reputable forensic pathologist to conduct its own autopsy of the 18-year-old’s body.

Their own spokesperson is using the phrase “extraordinary circumstances” here, so that seems to be an acknowledgement that the normal protocols are in flux. I’m not suggesting that this is illegal – unless somebody can cite a specific instance to make that case – but what is there about the death of Michael Brown that makes this a federal case? If you sweep aside the wall to wall media coverage and celebrities flocking to Ferguson, this is a case of one person who was shot during a confrontation with a local police officer, allegedly on the heels of a low dollar value robbery at a convenience store. Nobody crossed state lines that I’m aware of. And when you look at it in that perspective, there are many such cases around the country every year. (Many more than we would like to see, it should go without saying.)

We try not to leap to conclusions, but it seems there is a rather obvious case to be made that the Obama Administration (unless Holder took this upon himself without approval, which seems unlikely in the extreme) has decided to latch on to this incident and it has political fingerprints all over it. How else would you explain it? Yes, the Brown family attorney supposedly made the request, but I’d be willing to wager that most every family in the country – of any race, religion or otherwise – who lost a family member in violent, questionable circumstances would love to have big guns like this brought to bear. But they don’t get it. And that, again, is assuming that it’s even appropriate for the feds to be injecting themselves into an ongoing investigation to begin with. There haven’t even been any charges files, to say nothing of a trial being held which some might dispute after the outcome. I don’t care for the looks of this at all.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

sentinelrules on August 17, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Ah! Do they really use “ax”?

Cindy Munford on August 17, 2014 at 8:29 PM

An “independent” autopsy by the DOJ? Not bloody likely.

Wendya on August 17, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I dunno why having a different set of pigs look at this will change anything.

Pigs gonna pig, federal state or local.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 17, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I’m not a big fan of cops. I think they are heavy handed and power-trip with few repercussions or accountability for their actions. Despite that, you should still respect each one of them, until they give you a reason not to… And even then, follow their instructions and work it out later when things are calmer. People have a right to protest right up until they start breaking/stealing other peoples stuff… then they deserve to get teargassed and arrested. But hey, I guess it’s MOB rule in Furguson.

Hey Aquateen…
Have you ever wondered why cops treat you with disrespect? Have you ever considered it is because you disrespect them and act like an entitled @$$… rather than they are just all racist? Probably not.

Police have a tough job to do. You make it tougher when you act like every one of them is the enemy. People should give each cop respect, until they lose it… and even then, comply with their instructions (because it’s easier to deal with things later when the situation has calmed down).

Maybe you should step up and become a cop? The problem here is a culture of disrespect for police and not taking responsibility for their neighborhoods. If they took responsibility, they wouldn’t loot and trash their own businesses who had nothing to do with any of this. If they did, there would be more black cops… but that wouldn’t matter because they would just be sellouts anyway. Why is that? Maybe they sellout because of the way the people treat them. Why would I help someone who treated me like that? Threw bottles and rocks at me? Shot at me? Expected me to let breaking the law slide because we were the same skin color?

Silly rabbit… what goes around, comes around… for both the police and black america. Unfortunately the police are the only ones who have the emotional intelligence to try to break the positive feedback cycle.

Also, the hysteria and complete absence of critical thinking on any level by the people of Furguson have convinced me that the breakdown of our public school system is complete. I bet Aquateen went to school there too.

BadBrad on August 17, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Eric Holder orders additional autopsy on Michael Brown. Wait… what?

What, are they checking for rope burns around his neck?

I suppose that since The One couldn’t deliver on his (phony, of course) campaign promises of Kumbaya racial harmony replete with unicorns and rainbows, they feel they have to do something…er, so they can say they did something.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 17, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Speaker at Ferguson, Mo., rally announces all 3 children in family of Michael Brown will receive full scholarships for college – @stlpublicradio

canopfor on August 17, 2014 at 7:34 PM

What about the new car? Don’t they get a free car?

claudius on August 17, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Now they are demanding a special “prostitutor” lol

Blake on August 17, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Ah! Do they really use “ax”?

Cindy Munford on August 17, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Yes ma’am that is correct. And while serving as a pig I got in that habit myself to be funny. Unfortunately, you sometimes forget and it becomes part of your dialect without realizing it. Just like effer sometimes slips out.

arnold ziffel on August 17, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I swear to Swanee, how many decades can the fashion of men wearing the pants at half staff going to last?

Cindy Munford on August 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM

It always puts me in mind of an old man who’s gained too much weight and whose pants keep slipping down his hips.

Never would have expected it to be a fashion for young men.

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 17, 2014 at 8:40 PM

canopfor on August 17, 2014 at 7:34 PM

What about the new car? Don’t they get a free car?

claudius on August 17, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hey. They got new rims!

davidk on August 17, 2014 at 8:41 PM

There is a new video of a witness speaking to others not knowing he is on camera or tape. He asserts that after an altercation in the cop’s truck the two boys left and were walking away from the cop when he drew his pistol and yelled “Freeze’. At which time the two of them stopped and turned around. Brown said something to the cop and then put his head down and charged at the cop. The cop fired but Brown kept coming. The cop kept shooting until his gun was empty. If this holds up then Brown might have been on some type of drug with the God complex as a trip. No hands in the air and no shots in the back. Gentle giant my ass.

inspectorudy on August 17, 2014 at 8:41 PM

This MILITARIZED DOJ is making we Americans angry and offended!!!!

Realdemocrat1 on August 17, 2014 at 8:50 PM

canopfor on August 17, 2014 at 7:34 PM

BIG MIKE BROWN had a wife and kids?

Realdemocrat1 on August 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Aquaqueen Hungerforc**k on August 17, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Dude, we’re not all old Fascists…..Some of us are middle aged too.

But at least when you get b&, you can go back to /pol/ and tell them war stories.

Or, as mentioned, is that really just AP, trying to get the view count up?

popup on August 17, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Question: I’ve seen some back and forth, and I’m asking for a link or source for the racial composition of the Ferguson police force. I’m aware the town is about 70% black, a percentage that I’ve read has changed significantly in the past 10 to 15 years. Again, what about the cops? I’ve just heard is a largely white force.

I’m curious. Even if it’s high, is the municipality supposed to start firing cops as the town’s demographics change? They’re public employees. Their union pushes Democrats, and Democrats seem to control this county.

BuckeyeSam on August 17, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Visualizing the rapid racial change in Ferguson over the past decade

At the same time, the composition of the police force is heavily white — 50 white officers to three black. As Megan McArdle notes at Bloomberg View, there’s a possible explanation. While the population changed, it’s likely that the police force changed more slowly. While a 50-to-3 ratio would not have been representative of the population in 2000, and while the city’s mayor protests that the police have hired “everyone that we can get,” it almost certainly got more misrepresentative as the population changed.

kcewa on August 17, 2014 at 7:04 PM

According to the current chief of police, one of the first things he did when he took the job was to try to expand the number of black officers. He was able to hire two, but one of them subsequently left for a position elsewhere with better pay.

So, yes, they’re trying to catch up to changing demographics by hiring more black officers.

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 17, 2014 at 8:40 PM

The main theory is that it originated in prisons where belts were not allowed, then, because prisoners are apparently role models for “hip-hop” “artists” they co-opted the so-called fashion, and it went down hill from there.

F X Muldoon on August 17, 2014 at 8:58 PM

But …but … isn’t this a LOCAL story. When Gosnell was butchering lives, we were told that DOJ and the media wouldn’t get involved because it was a local matter.

What makes this different? (snark)

forheremenaremen on August 17, 2014 at 8:59 PM

HornetSting on August 17, 2014 at 7:21 PM

You’re change was redundant.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM

It’s your, you dope.

HornetSting on August 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Don’t confuse the uneducated unit with Facts. It is not programmed to respond in that area!

Del Dolemonte on August 17, 2014 at 9:02 PM

what is there about the death of Michael Brown that makes this a federal case?

Seriously?

corona79 on August 17, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Seriously?

corona79 on August 17, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Yes, seriously.

sentinelrules on August 17, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Walter L. Newton on August 17, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I don’t say it right. Most say I suwanee instead of I swear. As far as I know it’s a river in Georgia.

Cindy Munford on August 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Both my grandmother and mother have used it just like that, “I swanee” or “I suwanee.” I don’t remember the exact pronunciation. I always figured it was a substitution for “I swear,” like Heck was for Hell, or Darn for Damn.

(And if my mother knew I wrote those words, even in this context, I would be in big trouble.)

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Stupid old people are the worst, because they think their life experience makes them smarter than they are.

Cartoon Network on August 17, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Your stupidity-laced comment here has some major problems.

1. The Democrat Party leaders in Congress right now are all Stupid Old People, and most of them are women. The Stupid Old Democrat White Man is the Senate Majority Leader.

2. The presumptive 2016 Democrat Presidential nominee will be 69 years old in 2016, and has already had recent major health issues.

3. The Democrat Old White Woman that some Looney Leftists are flogging to run in 2016 lied about her genetic heritage, and is only a year younger than Hillary Clinton is.

4. F-

Del Dolemonte on August 17, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I’d rather deal with pigs in the most efficient and effective way possible, by avoiding them at all costs, spreading awareness of their vileness, and confronting them when they leave me no choice by asserting my rights and prosecuting the pigs to the fullest extent of the law when they violate me.

Cartoon Network on August 17, 2014 at 7:36 PM

The part of your post I have bolded is an admission that you have had run-ins with cops in the past.

One more time, a simple question for a simple mind: What race are YOU???

Del Dolemonte on August 17, 2014 at 9:12 PM

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Yes, that’s right. Can you imagine, given the language today, to have a substitute for the word swear? In the long run those were probably better times as far as civil discourse goes.

Cindy Munford on August 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM

F X Muldoon on August 17, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I think exposing your butt in prison is…asking for “it.”

Blake on August 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM

arnold ziffel on August 17, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I was unclear, I know that many pronounce “ask” that way but when they are using Twitter, do the spell it “ax”?

Cindy Munford on August 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Maybe another question we should look into is why police forces around the nation, even those staffed mostly by black cops, have come to automatically assume that young black males are dangerous violent criminals. Or maybe this is one aspect of that big national dialog on race the left doesn’t really want to have.

Blacksheep on August 17, 2014 at 9:26 PM

What a joke of a circus. Lets bold, underline, enlarge, perpetuate, exploit the stereotype of the urban black man for our own personal gain. Barack the Liar, you were suppose to change all of this.

steveracer on August 17, 2014 at 9:30 PM

A baby seal walks in to a bar.

The bartender asks, “What can I get you?”

“Anything but a Canadian Club.”

davidk on August 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Thanks. I’ve been away for an hour or so.

I’ve got a bottle of Canadian Club and club soda is on sale this week so I may avail of both this evening…

viking01 on August 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Yikes. I guess I didn’t hit the quote button….

viking01 on August 17, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I think exposing your butt in prison is…asking for “it.”

Blake on August 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I have seen that, but there is apparently some controversy about the truth of that assertion.

The stupidest explanation I have seen is the wearers are too impoverished to get clothes that fit – either they are too big hand-me-downs, or they grow out of them. Of course that ignores the fact that the nitwits like Justin Beiber and his ilk wear them, and that I am reasonably sure that the hip-hop “artists” the poor are emulating can afford pants that fit.

F X Muldoon on August 17, 2014 at 9:38 PM

F X Muldoon on August 17, 2014 at 9:38 PM

A teacher I worked with was a former police officer and he said it is a nod to jail clothing. I have since been told this isn’t true but according to him, jails issue pants to large in the waist and no belts so if a prisoner makes a run for it his pants will fall down and trip him up. There was also a trend with one pants leg up and he said that was to represent a leg that was shackled. Again, I have no idea if it is true.

Cindy Munford on August 17, 2014 at 9:44 PM

If Ellie Mae Clampett could afford twine to keep her pants up then the hoodlums can do the same for their baggies.

viking01 on August 17, 2014 at 9:48 PM

hmmm, maybe because the police have demonstrated all the competence of a mayberry outtake reel?

It’s not like they might have a reason to doctor the results right? And they’ve been such sterling examples of integrity so far we should of course give them every chance to do so…

Tlaloc on August 17, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Of course, and given that Holder and his version of the DoJ are such sterling examples of integrity we should give them every chance to doctor results.

F X Muldoon on August 17, 2014 at 9:58 PM

TWO MORE YEARS of this garbage……

Realdemocrat1 on August 17, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Cindy Munford on August 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM

lol, “spell”, ebonics means just spel it how you wan two.

arnold ziffel on August 17, 2014 at 10:04 PM

TWO MORE YEARS of this garbage……

Realdemocrat1 on August 17, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Don’t blame me, I voted Mitt . . . . . I mean, as opposed to NOT voting for any POTUS candidate at all, in 2012.

listens2glenn on August 17, 2014 at 10:08 PM

A baby seal walks in to a bar.

The bartender asks, “What can I get you?”

“Anything but a Canadian Club.”

davidk on August 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Oh man . . . . . . . . . I am sooo telling ‘twerp on you.

listens2glenn on August 17, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Tlaloc on August 17, 2014 at 9:52 PM

The local police have acted competently, prudently and with integrity throughout these events.

Eric Holder’s DoJ on the other hand has acted with little integrity for the last six years. Holder’s DoJ also has a radical racialist agenda.

Mike OMalley on August 17, 2014 at 10:14 PM

MSNBC reporting on two kids who have been tear gassed. Police brutality or child neglect by the parents? Lets go and protest, bring the kiddies!

Rancher on August 17, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Maybe he’s looking for one of Justice Clarence Thomas’s pubic hairs.

Glenn Jericho on August 17, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Cindy Munford

Early on it was called jail’in, caught on in Orange county among Crips and Bloods and the wannabes copied it. You can’t have a belt in county lockup because suicide is a possibility, especially if this is your first time in jail.

BTW full disclosure I’m a “pig”, a correctional officer.

Rancher on August 17, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Sadly, I can no longer voice my opinions on Mediatite.com or Busisenessinsider.com. Unfortunately these liberal blogs aren’t interested in a conservative point of view.

RdLake on August 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Just keep ordering autopsy’s until you get the results that fit your agenda!

MCGIRV on August 17, 2014 at 11:04 PM

The Clown has gotten clownier. He rags on old people about their knowledge? The IRONY. Hilarious…but not in a good way.

CW on August 17, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I guess this is a way to get blacks to the polls in November.

They need to nationalize the anger so that they can artificially boost the turn out.

I feel sorry for the boy and his family. I understand the angst of local blacks, to think your life is so expendable, and you are not protected by those who are supposed to protect you… I even understand the protests, but not the criminal behavior… that is beyond understanding…

But this isn’t a national issue, unless Democrats need something to run on.

Holder’s actions, all the national personalities’ actions, are about the November elections.

And that is a despicable way to treat the dead. Disgusting.

petunia on August 17, 2014 at 11:19 PM

King Putt Putt Golf got no balls to put into play.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 17, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Justice Putnam @justiceputnam
#Ferguson PD is rioting again. Media, elderly & babies gassed.
9:42 PM – 17 Aug 2014

Ned Pepper on August 17, 2014 at 11:29 PM

BrianKeene @BrianKeene
Tonight in #Ferguson, police are arresting/threatening reporters. Video on Livestream. But you go on back to watching Kardashians, America.
10:14 PM – 17 Aug 2014

Ned Pepper on August 17, 2014 at 11:29 PM

It’s mourning in America.
#Ferguson #JusticeForTrayvon

Ned Pepper on August 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Well… a generous assumption would be that Holder figures the black community is more likely to trust an autopsy by the Feds, and that if both autopsies return the same information then it will lessen the controversy and denial of truth.

Maybe…

Sackett on August 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM

A pub called Independent Journal Review has an article talking about a witness who was accidentally recorded describing the shooting as happening as the young man was advancing on the officer. Also correlates with a description provided by a friend of the policeman.

abester on August 17, 2014 at 11:39 PM

“justice for Trayvon” Really Ned Pepper?

Why do you support hate crimes against “White Hispanics?”

Hint, only racial slurs uttered in that assault on Zimmerman were by Martin.

The_Livewire on August 17, 2014 at 11:40 PM

It’s mourning in America.
#Ferguson #JusticeForTrayvon

Ned Pepper on August 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Grow up, dude.

Chuck Schick on August 17, 2014 at 11:55 PM

King Putt and Felon Holder couldn’t care less about Brown. Merely “Hey, we’re on it” window dressing. I am sure there is a lot of study by them on how not to let a crisis go to waste, however. It’s a good thing that the Lightbringer ushered us into the age of post racial tensions. Think how bad this would be otherwise.

ghostwalker1 on August 18, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Head to the Headlines…when you’ve lost the NY Times…

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 17, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Rather think that they just wish to keep the pot boiling as long as possible in an election year where they need the kneejerk troops to vote.

Don L on August 18, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Obama/Holder are looking for anything that might help them gin up the minority vote in November to try to save the Senate.

Toocon on August 18, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Holder was alarmed at All the unity trying to develop and felt he had to inject some federal racial conflict.

ElRonaldo on August 18, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Jazz:

To answer your question:

Obozo needs a racial problem to get his base energized for the midterms, so it is a federal case because of federal elections coming up. Had the cop been a Negro no one would have cared. So in this new autopsy you’ll find entrance wounds in the front of the body become exit wounds. As there are no exit wounds in the rear entrance wounds will never be mentioned in this new autopsy. Nor will there be powder burns mentioned as you have to be really close to get them if you are the target. So the new autopsy will show him fleeing rather than charging the cop.

Negro thug culture.

Bubba Redneck on August 18, 2014 at 4:06 AM

I dunno why having a different set of pigs look at this will change anything.

Pigs gonna pig, federal state or local.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 17, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Sounds like an convict misses showering with Spike.

Bubba Redneck on August 18, 2014 at 4:08 AM

It’s mourning in America.
#FergusonAttackedACopAndGotShot#JusticeForWasMettedOutToTrayvon

Ned Pepper on August 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM

FIFY

Bubba Redneck on August 18, 2014 at 4:11 AM

“Due to the extraordinary circumstances involved in this case and at the request of the Brown family, Attorney General Holder has instructed Justice Department officials to arrange for an additional autopsy to be performed by a federal medical examiner”.

Extraordinary,interesting choice of words…I thought there was an epidemic of police shooting unarmed black people, at least that’s what the race-baiters would have us believe.

bigGwillie on August 18, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Just saw preliminary autopsy drawing on TV …
Yup, ALL GSWs were to his front, none to the back.
Guess that answers the Holder involvement, right there.
Sigh.

pambi on August 18, 2014 at 6:27 AM

They need to nationalize the anger so that they can artificially boost the turn out…

And that is a despicable way to treat the dead. Disgusting.

petunia on August 17, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Yep, and so it begins. I’m wondering how far they’ll take it. How much agitation will they produce? Do they want riots in cities all across the land?

petefrt on August 18, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Guess that answers the Holder involvement, right there.

pambi on August 18, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Holder will keep doing autopsies until he gets one that advances his agenda, obviously.

petefrt on August 18, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Feds intervene. Good news!! Feds taking over finally!!!

Ned Pepper on August 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM

. @GovJayNixon just confirmed that the State Police & Federal Authorities are going to relieve St. Louis County PD of their duties here.
— @ShaunKing
Ned Pepper on August 14, 2014 at 11:19 AM

BrianKeene @BrianKeene
10:14 PM – 17 Aug 2014
Ned Pepper on August 17, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Ha. Nicely done, Ned.

rogerb on August 18, 2014 at 6:50 AM

BTW Ned (and any of our other (D)s), now we get to revisit that unanswered question you helpfully introduced the other day:

Ned/libfreeordie/any other (D)s, if the “federal authorities” coming down (and remember that ***you don’t vote for those guys***) don’t perform adequately in Ferguson, what is your solution?

Where is their office?

Can you go visit them easily?

What is their last name?

What community do they live in?

Who is their boss?

Do you vote for him?

Where is his office?

Can you go visit them easily?

See the point yet? The farther the government is separated from you, the less control you have over it. It’s like a fire. You need to stand near it after you light it so it doesn’t get out of control.

rogerb on August 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM

rogerb on August 18, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Trump on F&F just now, dismisses Sharpton as ‘doing his thing’.

Wrong. Maybe in the past this was true, but nowadays Sharpton is a tool of the DNC, if not the WH directly. Sharpton agitates where they want him to agitate.

petefrt on August 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Well, here is the image from the autopsy report. Let Holder and crew do another autopsy report. Perhaps we can have enough autopsies done so that we can overturn the results of the initial autopsy. Hanging rounds! (apologies to Florida)

Stoic Patriot on August 18, 2014 at 7:20 AM

The DOJ autopsy will conclusively prove that all six rounds that hit Michael Brown, who was on his way to vote, passed through his copy of The Collected Works of Martin Luther King, Jr. which he had been reading to the residents of the Retirement Home for LGBT Paraplegics during his weekly volunteer session.

M240H on August 18, 2014 at 7:35 AM

And of course eric holder and dumbozo have to jump in to inflame more racial and class warfare.

what will the NEW FEDERAL AUTOPSY prove.
bullets work?

And at the end of it all, when all the small stores that were looted multiple times close their doors the fergusun mobs will cry its racism that they cant buy groceries locally.

seems the obama admin is trying to stir up race riots to get the blacks out to vote in november.

sniffles1999 on August 18, 2014 at 7:51 AM

What’s another autopsy going to prove? That the kid died of a gunshot? Jackarse Holder.

And I thought the same thing fist time I heard it – what makes it a federal case?

Smegley on August 17, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Maybe they didn’t recover all of the bullets. They need to test those to see if the led was coated with racism.

Pale Rider on August 18, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Feds intervene. Good news!! Feds taking over finally My Master’s there finally.!!!

Ned Pepper on August 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM

FIFY

onomo on August 18, 2014 at 7:56 AM

M240H on August 18, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Lolz

Just one more example of why I read HA. I love the comic snarky genius. ^5 M240H

captnjoe on August 18, 2014 at 7:57 AM

sniffles1999 on August 18, 2014 at 7:51 AM

I think mainly to divert attention from the global destruction his vapor of leadership has brought. Global 3 Card Monty… uh Warming being our greatest threat, these headless bodies where the previous administration had forced a peace is distracting. Conflict is the DNA of the Marxist. When the community’s duly burned out, he’ll get his cue to roll out of the golf cart for a moment of Messianic messaging and by then all’s forgotten.
The number of thugs shot attacking a cop are probably in the scores monthly but timing is everything, and B definitely needed a major squirrel here.

onomo on August 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

More proof of government redundancy and waste/abuse of taxpayer dollars.

TX-96 on August 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

The family of Michael Brown is going to receive $20,000.
The two brothers of Michael Brown are to receive free 4 yr scholarships to college.
The family of Michael Brown has already paid for and had performed a second autopsy.

My brother was murdered at his restaurant and we had to pay for the DNA testing because the city didn’t have he funds and the backlog was 2 years.

Someone should be shouting no justice, but I don’t think it is Michael Brown’s family.

barnone on August 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Obama wants civil unrest in this country. Doesn’t matter to him if it’s socioeconomic related or race related. It’s all part of hs transformation of America.

vcferlita on August 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Well, now that we see Baden’s pro bono autopsy didn’t give Brown’s family the results they wanted, we understand why Holder is giving them a third autopsy to choose from.

ButterflyDragon on August 18, 2014 at 8:51 AM

A third autopsy? Geez. This ain’t an alien from Roswell.

SoulGlo on August 18, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Eric Holder is Al Sharpton with a badge.

supersport667 on August 18, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Tlaloc on August 17, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Oh, look who’s suddenly skeptical of the competence and integrity of centralized authority…

The Schaef on August 18, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I guess the point (somehow) is to show off your underwear? Maybe they’re proud of their underwear? There Goes the Neighborhood on August 17, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I think it has to do with inmates’ belts being taken away in local lockups. Sagging pants are in emulation of those dregs of society, who are their heroes. That’s what I’ve heard.

Akzed on August 18, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Mike OMalley on August 17, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I don’t think your statement jives with taking 5 days to figure out Mr Brown was involved in a robbery and to release the associated video. That sounds like neither prudence nor competence. (It sounds more like Malaysia when a jet goes missing.)

GWB on August 18, 2014 at 10:52 AM

“We are the ones we’ve been waiting for”

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2014 at 10:59 AM

It’s a chance to grandstand for both Obama and Holder. They’re loving this, can’t wait to hear the slop they both will be puking. Another chance to fault the country they hate.

arand on August 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Michael Baden did the original autopsy. I’m pretty sure that he’s the absolute best.

Levinite on August 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I did a long article on this shooting and the politics that drives it here.

The bottom line is Holder learned from the Zimmerman case and he’s not going to make the mistake again. This cop is going to be his “Stacy Koon” case. That’s what we called it in the police world. The case prosecutors use to promote a political agenda. Zimmerman was to swing Florida for Obama, and Rick Scott fell for it. (I’m from Florida so we followed the case closely.)

If DOJ gets their way, the truth will literally be buried in exchange for a conviction that will prove the democrats are “down with the cause” to amp up the minority vote. Sad.

Nobody cares about the truth. A strong armed robbery is now called a shoplifting (it’s not). A gentle giant going to college turned out to be a gang banging, dope smoking felon. The cop’s story is being proven out every day, but no one in the DOJ or the FBI (shame on those professionals to be corrupted like this) or the media will adjust the narrative.

What do we know? From the blog.

—1. Somehow Big Mike and the other suspect ended up in the patrol car beating the officer. The officer is injured, that is a fact.

2. The officer discharged his weapon INSIDE the patrol car. We believe he was fighting over the control of his weapon. Big Mike might have been shot during the fight.

3. Big Mike and his running buddy took off, Big Mike told his buddy to keep running.

4. At some point, the officer gets out of his patrol car, after being beaten and his weapon discharging, attempts to stop Big Mike.

5. He either shoots Big Mike in the back as Mike is running, or he shoots at Mike and misses. (Update: according to one source, the autopsy shows Big Mike took all the rounds in the front, none in the back. Holder’s probably pulling out his eraser and then penciling in new holes on the diagram!)

6. Big Mike turns around, and either runs back at the officer, or the officer approaches and shoots again. The pattern of the rounds look like the classic “Glock rip” where the weapon is fired quickly and the muzzle rise causes the bullets to track vertically. If the officer fired in rapid secession, it would make sense.

7. Big Mike is down.

This is what we know about the shooting. If Big Mike turned around, already injured and decided to give up and the officer continued to shoot, the officer is in trouble.

It may be understandable, but it is not acceptable.

If big Mike ran back at the officer, after beating him, after attempting to take his weapon (which he would have killed the officer with), then the officer is justified in taking Big Mike down. Remember, nobody has claimed the officer had a chance to frisk Big Mike. So assuming Big Mike could be armed is fair at the time.

At this point we are just guessing. But as a veteran officer, who spoke with a number of other officers, we can make a few assumptions from the fifty years of combined experience.

The key to all of this is mindset. Mindset of the bad guys- Big Mike and his buddy. And the mindset of the officer.—

It is all about mindset. Now Rush is saying Big Mike was on dope.
Again, mindset, mindset, mindset.

It doesn’t matter if the cop identified the suspects as robber before, during or after the contact. Once the blows were raining down, it becomes all about surviving the encounter.

archer52 on August 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM

The results of the autopsy will be exactly what Eric Holden tells the ‘independent federal’ examiner they will be. You can bet your life that this autopsy will serve to further inflame those that our attorney general calls ‘my people’.

maryo on August 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM

oops, Holder. sorry.

maryo on August 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Akzed on August 18, 2014 at 10:37 AM

You are correct. Now, maybe you can tell me what you get when you allow your children to imitate and emulate convicts. errr right. These people are to dumb to know you reap what you sow.

Old Country Boy on August 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM

It’s like elections. The recounts continue, until the desired result is reached; then everything stops.

So, the autopsies will continue until they find the bullet holes in his back, or somehow “prove” that he was surrendering; or otherwise harmless.

Then they can get the rope ready for the policeman…

ReggieA on August 19, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Nothing says innocent as robbing a store, having your face on the video, punching a store clerk, walking in the street in front of cops, disobeying their order to get out of the street, talking back to cops, punching a cop in the eye breaking his eye socket, attacking an officer again and getting shot 6 times. Ohh, he was smoking dope as the many autopsies have shown as well.

dthorny on August 19, 2014 at 3:45 PM