Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on August 16, 2014 by Allahpundit

FERGUSON, Mo.—Protesters here began smashing glass windows and looting local businesses early Saturday morning, before others calling for calm stepped in and barricaded broken windows to prevent further theft…

Just after midnight, protesters who had been content to stay on the sidewalks all Friday moved en masse into the streets and confronted police officers, who donned riot gear and drove up in armored vehicles for the first time since Wednesday…

Young men in masks kicked in the front door of a liquor store, and began looting bottles. The glass door of a beauty-supply store was also kicked in, but other men quickly stood guard to prevent looters from going in…

For almost an hour, some protesters were able to protect businesses from looters, but then the crowds grew in size and strength. The looters pushed through, first going into the liquor store, Ferguson Market and Liquor, which had been raided briefly earlier in the night.

***

“This is wonderful. This is what should have happened a long time ago,” Robert Powell, 42, said as he watched looters during the night hop through the shattered glass door of a meat market…

He dismissed the looters as “suburban nerds” likely to get busted. But after years of living in a town in which he said African American men are singled out for harsh treatment by the police, he shared the looters’ frustration.

He gestured to surrounding businesses, whose fluorescent lights were now shattered, their parking lots strewn with broken bottles.

“They support these police, give them free food. People just got tired of it,” he said.

***

Police presence is in question after St. Louis County and Missouri State Highway Patrol officers left the scene in Ferguson once looters began attacking businesses overnight.

Protesters believe the media has started to confuse the difference between themselves and the looters. Fights have begun on the streets as well as social media with some believing this has become similar to a game of chess.

According to one peaceful protester, several of them literally put their bodies in between the looters and the different businesses. She feels their efforts were forced after several police officers got into their cars and drove away.

***

I recall a television interview with Columbia University professor John McWhorter (it may have been on the Charlie Rose Show; I couldn’t find a reference to it online) in which he described being stopped by police in Oakland, Calif. McWhorter was walking across a street and jaywalked in front of a police car, an offense so trifling he was surprised when the officer stopped him. I can’t recall all of the details, but while McWhorter was upset by the experience, he came to understand it later.

He described the unwritten contract between the police and the community in places like Oakland, where one would think a petty affront to the commonweal like jaywalking should hardly warrant a police officer’s attention. But this unwritten contract, as McWhorter described it, places demands on both the police and the community. Under the contract, police officers ignore minor infractions like jaywalking, but they expect the community not to flout the law, even a minor one, in their presence. Thus when McWhorter jaywalked, the officer took it as a violation of the contract and a challenge, one that could not be ignored…

When the Ferguson officer drove onto the block and saw Michael Brown and his friend walking down the middle of the street, he expected them to move to the sidewalk as soon as they realized a police car was approaching. When they didn’t, the officer took it as a violation of the contract, even a challenge. Which in a way it was.

***

***

[I]n the end, my own answer to a question like “how do you feel about cops?” depends heavily on what I fear the most, what I want or need to be protected from, and how serious the threat of disorder at a given moment seems. If the crime rate is sky-high, and the cops seem handcuffed and/or outnumbered and outgunned, then the answer is more likely to be: I feel like cops deserve more support, more money, and in most cases the benefit of the doubt. But if − as is currently the case − the crime rate has been falling for two decades, and we’ve entered an age defined by security theater, city-wide lockdowns and cops armed more heavily than National Guardsmen used to be, then my answer is likely to be different, more skeptical, less deferential to the men in blue. (Or, in this case, camouflage.) That isn’t because severe police abuses don’t exist in high-crime eras, or because aggressive policing tactics don’t help contribute to lower crime rates, or because we’ve entered some sort of crime-free utopia today in which every tough-on-crime policy can be safely abandoned. (We haven’t.) It’s because we have to live by generalizations, at least to some extent, and the generalizations about cops and police tactics implied by the landscape of, say, 1968 or 1977 or 1991 are necessarily different from the generalizations implied by the American landscape of today…

So am I more of a police skeptic, a civil libertarian now on these issues, and is my generation more libertarian, than the conservatives who supported tough-on-crime policies in the age of Nixon and Reagan and Bush I? Well, yes, but not necessarily in a way that necessarily speaks to a fundamental shift in first principles or underlying ideological beliefs. Rather, we’re responding to what we’ve lived through and seen happen, in the same way that an earlier generation did. Or to rewrite a famous quip about ideology and experience, if the experience of the ’60s and ’70s didn’t make you a little more pro-law-and-order, you might not have a brain; if the experience of the 2000s and 2010s haven’t made you a little more skeptical of expansive police powers − well, you might not have one either.

***

[I]n the two decades since, violent crime has dropped and dropped. As a result, public attitudes have softened. The percentage of Americans who favor the death penalty for murderers, which hit 80 percent in 1994, fell to 60 percent last year. Even more importantly, crime has virtually disappeared as a political issue. In 1994, according to the University of Albany, 37 percent of Americans cited crime or violence as the “most important problem facing the country.” By 2012, it was 2 percent.

It’s not that many of the white conservatives who once voted Republican because of their fear of crime no longer harbor racialized fears about illegality and public disorder. They still do. But to a large degree, those fears have shifted from black crime to Latino immigration. And this shift has given Paul and other Republicans the space to challenge harsh police tactics and sentencing policies without incurring the wrath of their party base.

In intriguing ways, Rand Paul in 2014 is the mirror image of Bill Clinton in 1992. Clinton won white votes by confronting their stereotype of Democrats as soft on black crime. Paul is trying to win black and other minority votes by confronting their stereotype of Republicans as indifferent to white racism. By 1992, the rise of crime had made liberal Democrats so desperate that they were willing to accept Clinton’s embrace of policies that made them uncomfortable. Today, demographic change is making some conservative Republicans desperate enough to accept Paul’s embrace of policies that make them uncomfortable. If Republicans are smart, they will heed the shifting politics of crime and follow Paul’s lead.

***

Ferguson was hardly a happy suburban garden spot until the shooting of Michael Brown. Ferguson is about two-thirds black, and 28 percent of those black residents live below the poverty line. The median income is well below the Missouri average, and Missouri is hardly the nation’s runaway leader in economic matters. More than 60 percent of the births in the city of St. Louis (and about 40 percent in St. Louis County) are out of wedlock…

The more progressive the city, the worse a place it is to be poor and/or black. The most pronounced economic inequality in the United States is not in some Republican redoubt in Texas but in San Francisco, an extraordinarily expensive city in which half of all black households make do with less than $25,000 a year. Blacks in San Francisco are arrested on drug felonies at ten times their share of the general population. At 6 percent of the population, they represent 40 percent of those arrested for homicides. Whether you believe that that is the result of a racially biased criminal-justice system or the result of higher crime incidence related to socioeconomic conditions within black communities (or some combination of those factors) what is undeniable is that results for black Americans are far worse in our most progressive, Democrat-dominated cities than they are elsewhere. The progressives have had the run of things for a generation in these cities, and the results are precisely what you see…

The Reverend Jackson should not be surprised that places such as Ferguson, Mo., have feckless police departments. He himself has spent his career helping to ensure that they have feckless schools, self-serving bureaucracies, rapacious public-sector unions pillaging the municipal fisc, and malevolent political leadership that is by no means above exploiting racial sentiment in order to hold on to power. His allies have been running U.S. cities for a generation, and it takes a considerable measure of brass for him to come in decrying the results as though he had no hand in them.

***

***

Via Reason TV.

***

Via Gateway Pundit.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

Over at twitchy they are saying that Jessie Jackson asked for donations in Ferguson and was booed. Man I wish there was video of that

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Pigs have killed another unarmed person, this one a 19 year old female, mistaking a power drill she was holding for a gun.

What bravery. What ever would we do without these stalwart defenders?

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

It is my understanding they were told to stand down and not do anything. Unfortunately, the law-abiding citizens are the ones that suffer.

Barred on August 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM

The body language between Captain Johnson and Gov. Nixon was hilarious today. It was pretty obvious Nixon didn’t think much of Johnson’s little ‘let-s appease them and they’ll stop’ plan.

WhirledPeas on August 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Yeah, and Brown was nuts… that’s why Brown ending up getting shot. My earlier comment:

We know that Brown was acting nuts just minutes before his shooting. Robbing the convenience store … risking prison for some cheap cigars, is nuts. Then, just after committing a robbery, when rational behavior demanded that he should have been trying to hide himself after the robbery, he was instead walking down the middle of a road blocking traffic, like he was in some sort of lala land. In this Dana Show video it is stated that the officer Darren Wilson maintained that the massive Michael Brown ran straight toward him on the street, and would not fall and kept charging even after several rounds were shot, like someone that was crazed on PCP.

anotherJoe on August 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Doesn’t that make it difficult for you?

I live by Zulu-5.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Texans 13-7 over Atlanta. Clowney looking good.

slickwillie2001 on August 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

That’ll make Mr.Peas happy. He’s watching the game muted, with the radio on for audio lol.

WhirledPeas on August 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM

they might cease to exist completely. And since the high mucky-mucks here need trolls to drive page hits and add to the comment count, they will have to have another open registration. And who knows what kind of trolls we will get then, with an election so close.

I propose we try the Cindy Munford maneuver and be nice to them. If it works, they may become civil and we could have actual debates instead of the usual crap they spew. If it doesn’t work, the exercise could be such a shock to them that their heads will explode. And that would be okay too.

That is all.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I’m torn between asking what we can do to help accelerate their absence, yet it is rather fun rubbing their faces in their own stupid. It’s just irritating to see such mindless bleeting most of the time, getting facts wrong, context wrong, making stuff up…but the fun quickly dissipates when the insults fly because they have nothing more intelligent to add than insults, or they just start making more stuff up and linking out of context arguments.

So, yeah, I say let them die. Maybe if they are nice and catch fire I might pee on one to save it, but that’s about it.

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM

My mom made bread & butter pickles and also something with watermelon rind. It sure did smell up the house for a while. I prefer dill pickles.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 9:36 PM

I live by Zulu time.

That may be racisss now.

F X Muldoon on August 16, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Link please.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:21 PM

I still look at fast cars, I no longer have the desire for them that I used to.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Don’t get me wrong as it was fun. Then I hopped into my pick-em-up truck and thought what losers drive so close to the ground.

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Dallas appears to be in mid season form.

BallisticBob on August 16, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Peaking?

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

If you consider getting slaughtered peaking, then yes.

BallisticBob on August 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I live by Zulu time.

That may be racisss now.

F X Muldoon on August 16, 2014 at 9:36 PM

The Hutus and Tutsis have filed a grievance and Hustler Holder is “onto it.”

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

SAVE THE TROLLS!!!! SAVE THE TROLLS!!!!

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

anotherJoe on August 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Has anyone publicized a toxicology report on Brown? I don’t know what the drug of choice is these days, but odds are if he was on it it made him 10 times more aggressive and invincible feeling than ‘usual’. 1000 times if he really was a “gentle giant”, which I doubt.

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Say to no militarized police in American cities

coolrepublica on August 16, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Say no to militarized rozzers in British cities.

F X Muldoon on August 16, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Seriously, you give me a picture of Cops at Thatcher’s funeral to guard against possible IRA threats as an example on how to react to American citizens protesting and rioting? Seriously.

This is how the English police deal with the most destructive people in England.

Check F#%king mate.

coolrepublica on August 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM

If the trolls all left, I would have to pick on y’all.

Oh, wait…

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM

These days, I find myself admiring armor.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Good luck with that demagogue routine as anyone with a brain and a clue knows full well that black racism now dwarfs white racism in America. BTW, how is your schmoozing with la Raza going?

VorDaj on August 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Doesn’t that make it difficult for you?

I live by Zulu-5.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

You live in EST being -5 and being DST.

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I live by Zulu time.

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I live by GMT…Grinch Mean Time.

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

evening Dil. Way too early for toxicology to have come back yet. But at the rate it’s going out there if it did come back showing drugs these people either won’t believe it or say they don’t believe it.

CoffeeLover on August 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

okay, -6 for half the year then.

Picky, picky, picky.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Yep, me too…
Oh, and grandma made the watermelon pickles.

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I love everybody. Well if I narrowed the field, I would look like Rod Laver or Oscar W.

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I hear ya. One of my first interactions with her was a pretty scathing rebuttal of some point she made. Since then I’ve been in the same boat. Ha!

anuts on August 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM

I don’t remember that. If I don’t reply to you it’s because you aren’t here enough.

crankyoldlady on August 16, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

The talking heads have been saying that that’s one of the forensic things we need to wait before before saying we should arrest anybody. In truth Brown appears to be not a gentle giant but a monster. I mean to just so casually rob a store like that, and then have no compunction or concern at all about it minutes later, to just be walking around in the middle of the road when anyone would have known that the police would be looking for the perpetrator of that robbery. Insane.

anotherJoe on August 16, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Race baitin’
If O had
A son
He’d be from
Ferguson

partsnlabor on August 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

igs have killed another unarmed person, this one a 19 year old female, mistaking a power drill she was holding for a gun. What bravery. What ever would we do without these stalwart defenders? Aquateen Hungerforce on August 16, 2014 at 9:32 P

Where? What city?

wolly4321 on August 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I prefer dill pickles too.

crankyoldlady on August 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I’m the opposite. I barely tolerate y’all. And that’s when I’m in a good mood.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Meatwad.

Meatwad is a fictional character on the Adult Swim animated television series Aqua Teen Hunger Force (also known by various alternative titles). Meatwad is a simple-minded, naïve, short attention spanned giant anthropomorphic ball of ground meat, who is often tricked, manipulated, and bullied by various villains or his roommate Master Shake.

tanked59 on August 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM

I prefer dill pickles too.

crankyoldlady on August 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I hate b&b pickles. One year my mom shipped me a case of them to San Diego via UPS. She had me confused with a brother…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Yep, me too…
Oh, and grandma made the watermelon pickles.

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I could eat watermelon rind pickles until I was sick. I love the darn things to this day.

partsnlabor on August 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Drudge has a really funny photo of Hillary up :)

Apparently, she ‘demanded’ the presidential suite in Vegas.

WhirledPeas on August 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

CoffeeLover on August 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM

‘Evening! That’s true, they looked at the video and some claimed photoshopping fer pete’s sake.

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Not me, not for trolls anyway. Maybe if they were hot and offered free ‘favors’ I might like them a little more, but the male trolls would just be out of luck.

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Heh, used to get a monthly shipment direct from Sterzings.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Pants too tight?

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Where? What city?

wolly4321 on August 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Never Never Land?

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I’ve had a 3 gallon jar of pickles in the fridge soaking up habernero, jalapeno, crushed ghost pepper for the last 4 months. The suckers are barely tolerable, but still delicious.

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I live by GMT…Grinch Mean Time.

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Nope….nope….nope…hush…hush…..stop……stop….I have read your posts; you ain’t even 2nd cousin to Grinch. Sheesh, you are 99.999% nice. Don’t even try and wrinkle your nose cause all you will see is a cute freckle.

Me, rough like a cobb.

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I never liked pickles as a kid. Didn’t like a lot of things. But I get older and give them a second chance. Tuna for instance. I hated it, bow I love it.

Maybe I’ll try a pickle.

wolly4321 on August 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I couldn’t/wouldn’t eat those…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Pickels, pants, looting, and riots…yep, it’s QOTD.

Hi y’all!

Doc Holliday on August 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Pants too tight?

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Walks to other room…checks…returns, nope. They are fine and still have a nice crease. Which is strange considering I was wearing BDU pants, earlier.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Evenin’ Doc.

partsnlabor on August 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Asbestos for toilet paper.

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Does Jet Propulsion Laboratory consult you?

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Hi y’all!

Doc Holliday on August 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Hi Doc!

You know what Doc? The entire health care system has sunk to the level of the bottom of my septic tank. No offense intended toward you, just saying the system sucks.

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

30 days for complete tox tests. I expect Brown had half a drugstore in him.

slickwillie2001 on August 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

What bravery. What ever would we do without these stalwart defenders?

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Good to see you. Did you enjoy your time at the rest stop?

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Does Jet Propulsion Laboratory consult you?

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

They very well might if they ever get a whiff of my emissions.

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Does Jet Propulsion Laboratory consult you?

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Show off!

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:58 PM

never Never Land? viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

That’s every lib run city, and that’s my point.

Drill wielding lady didn’t die in conservativeville.

wolly4321 on August 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM

wolly4321 on August 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I tried that with liver. Nope, still don’t like it.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM

slickwillie2001 on August 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Considering who’s now in charge, I wish I could say I’m confident we’ll get an accurate and honest report.

WhirledPeas on August 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I couldn’t/wouldn’t eat those…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Think I heard that on a honey moon night.

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Do they have lots and lots of pockets?

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

rof..not laughing. Yesterday we were mistreated (HA thread, as to how the republicans might turn shit into chocolate with examples of ways they could fix health care. Pardon me, but it seemed alright in the past.

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Check F#%king mate.

coolrepublica on August 16, 2014 at 9:39

You’re outclassed on this thread this evening…
Meet AquaLoon.

Time to bring in the Heavy Artillery??

Your FU tirade?

ToddPA on August 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Drill wielding lady didn’t die in conservativeville.

All she wanted to do is kill her family.

WhirledPeas on August 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I could have mentioned “copious, mucoid, bloody diarrhea” like Doc did the other night…

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Regarding teh Clown’s new story about the woman getting shot for holding a drill. Read up and look at the drill.

SAN JOSE — The young woman called 911 and said she was going to kill her family with an Uzi if the cops didn’t show up.

When they arrived, the 19-year-old woman emerged from her home with what looked like a weapon in each hand. Officers yelled at her to drop what she was holding.

She released something from one hand but continued approaching them, still holding a larger item.

As she drew closer, Officer Wakana Okuma fired and the woman crumpled to the ground.

That’s how police and witnesses described the dramatic scene Thursday morning that ended with the fatal shooting of a mentally ill woman in front of her duplex on busy Blossom Hill Road, two blocks east of Oakridge Mall in South San Jose.

Police later discovered that the woman had been holding a power drill, which was painted painted black and measured about 13 inches long on one end and 12 inches on the other, they said in a news release.

But there are still many unanswered questions about the city’s second officer-involved shooting of the year, including who the woman was and why she threatened her family.

CW on August 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Hillary is a cutie.

CW on August 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

s/b queried not mentioned…

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Where? What city?

wolly4321 on August 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

San Jose – apparently the 19 year old was threatening to kill her family claiming to have an Uzi which was actually a drill she had evidently painted black to look more like a real shooting iron.

Clickez vous ici.

F X Muldoon on August 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Well duh, I need them for stuff…and stuff. Pants without pockets are for girls.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Check F#%king mate.

coolrepublica on August 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I like it when you talk dirty baby.

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM

“This is wonderful. This is what should have happened a long time ago,” Robert Powell, 42, said as he watched looters during the night hop through the shattered glass door of a meat market”

I wonder if Mr Powell would say the same thing about the BAND ON THE RUN incident which happened 22 years ago in Tokyo where massive “swarming”shoplifting involving 28 black band members occurred. The Texas Southern University Band was invited to Japan to play at halftime of the Nebraska-Kansas State football game played in Tokyo in Dec. of 1992. The band was then bussed to the Tokyo electronics shopping district known as Akihabara. 28 of the band members, noticing that merchants did not closely guard the merchandise went on a massive shoplifting spree stealing more than $22,000 worth of recorders, cameras, CD players etc. Some of the thieves even brazenly filmed the merchants
chasing them with stolen cameras!! Police surrounded the buses and were able to get all but $3500 of the stolen merchandise back. Since then the Japanese have been extra special when there is a black shopper. 1 Are they guilty of profiling? 2 Are they bigots?

MaiDee on August 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM

CW on August 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Hi Doc!

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

You ain’t seen nothin’ yet. Just wait til Obamacare is in full effect,

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I believe that pickle recipe was listed as a prime cause….

Doc Holliday on August 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Officer Wakana Okuma

Like!

WhirledPeas on August 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM

What bravery. What ever would we do without these stalwart defenders?

Aquatween on August 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

“Freeze, or I’ll drill ya!”

slickwillie2001 on August 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Hillary is a cutie.

CW on August 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

As hot as it has been here, she definitely would work to cool off the bedroom. Probably need a ball gag though.

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

wolly4321 on August 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Hey, I wasn’t arguing with you just questioning the fantasies that other guy has been posting for a few days…

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I would suggest you borrow those thick prismatic glasses of hers and put them on yourself.

slickwillie2001 on August 16, 2014 at 10:07 PM

partsnlabor on August 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Hi all!

I went on a pickling craze for a few years when. Had a lot of extra veggies from my garden. Couldn’t eat or give them away fast enough so I canned and pickled. Pickled cukes, okra, butternut squash, green beans, watermelon rind. The watermelon rind was hideous! Did not like it, although since I had never had it before I wasn’t sure what it was supposed to taste like!
Okra is best pickled or grilled. And I don’t like sweet or bread/butter style pickles either. Mine were diill or spicy style, with lots of fresh horseradish and garlic cloves.

That’s all I have time to say. Goodnight!

Brat on August 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM

The lady in the Wendy’s commercial is just a little too excited over a pretzel bun.

gophergirl on August 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Check F#%king mate.

coolrepublica on August 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Someone grew a pecker.

CW on August 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM

I believe that pickle recipe was listed as a prime cause….

Doc Holliday on August 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I’ll bet the Tx recommended begins “first disengage the trigger mechanism” !

(after donning face shields and hazmat suits, of course.)

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Officer Wakana Okuma

Moonlights as a Porn Star??

Oh, sorry, I “misread” the name…..

ToddPA on August 16, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I just looted a Krispy Kreme… in solidarity

faraway on August 16, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Hillary is a cutie.

Speaking of the Drudge photo, does anyone else think it oddly appropriate that she was speaking to scrap recyclers ?

F X Muldoon on August 16, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Brat on August 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Hey, neighbour to the north.

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 10:12 PM

“Freeze, or I’ll drill ya!”

slickwillie2001 on August 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM

LMAO!

ToddPA on August 16, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Aquatween on August 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

A woman with a drill? This story is obviously false.

faraway on August 16, 2014 at 10:13 PM

gophergirl on August 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM

She, too, has needs. :p

Axe on August 16, 2014 at 10:14 PM

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I proctor computer based tests for a living (such as it is) and the candidates are required to turn their pockets inside out if possible or run their hands through those that are. My favorites are what I call the eighteen pocket survival cargoes. It’s a running joke.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 10:16 PM

She, too, has needs. :p

Axe on August 16, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Smile!

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Pardon me, but it seemed alright in the past.

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Yeah, I miss the days of healthcare gone.

I used to pay for a plan for my wife and I, BCBS preferred at about $600 a month. Same plan now runs about $1100 or $1200, haven’t looked lately and I wont look. I am uninsured at the moment.

And it’s gonna be a long moment.

I’ll have to cool it on the pickles for a while I guess.

Diluculo on August 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM

F X Muldoon on August 16, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Yeah, she’s definitely ready for the recycling bin. I wonder what number is stamped on her ass?

slickwillie2001 on August 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM

A woman with a drill? This story is obviously false.

faraway on August 16, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Too bad she said she had a real gun. Cops need to work on those mind reading skills.

CW on August 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 10:12 PM

I’m north of you? I thought you were north of me!

Brat on August 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Do you blush easily?

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM

CW on August 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Sounds like suicide by cop.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 10:16 PM

If you carry a riding crop while monitoring those tests they probably won’t risk stepping out of line.

viking01 on August 16, 2014 at 10:21 PM

cozmo on August 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Was my comment blush worthy? I probably would if I thought about it.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I’m north of you? I thought you were north of me!

Brat on August 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM

I am south of the golf cart “rich” folks. Alan Jackson country.

HonestLib on August 16, 2014 at 10:22 PM

JAZZ SHAW: The “militarization” of police was not only inevitable, but necessary. See, I disagree. If you need to escalate to military-style enforcement, it’s better that it be done by another entity — the National Guard, say — that doesn’t have to stick around afterward and take the blame.

an answer from Instapundit. One of the more intelligent.

I could agree with this…however in a culture where no one is supposed to judge anyone else, calling out the Nat Guard and imposing curfew gets the Media up in a frenzy.

r keller on August 16, 2014 at 10:22 PM