Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on August 14, 2014 by Allahpundit

Attorney General Eric Holder released the following statement Thursday following his meeting earlier today with President Obama to discuss the latest developments in Ferguson, Missouri:…

“For one thing, while the vast majority of protests have been peaceful, acts of violence by members of the public cannot be condoned. Looting and willful efforts to antagonize law enforcement officers who are genuinely trying to protect the public do nothing to remember the young man who has died. Such conduct is unacceptable and must be unequivocally condemned.

“By the same token, the law enforcement response to these demonstrations must seek to reduce tensions, not heighten them. Those who peacefully gather to express sympathy for the family of Michael Brown must have their rights respected at all times. And journalists must not be harassed or prevented from covering a story that needs to be told.

“At a time when we must seek to rebuild trust between law enforcement and the local community, I am deeply concerned that the deployment of military equipment and vehicles sends a conflicting message.”

***

Another officer asked us to wait and called a supervisor. After a few minutes, he came back and told us this was a “hot zone” and that he couldn’t guarantee our safety. We thanked him and said that we didn’t expect him to, and yet we still wanted to reach the protest site. He said we couldn’t walk down the street and that we would have to get there some other way.

“What would happen if we walked down the street?” Flores asked.

“You’re not going to walk down the street. If you insist on going down here, and you want to disobey the orders of the police that have been given to you, thoroughly and fairly, you’ll most likely be placed under arrest.”

“On what charges?” I ask.

“Disobeying the directions of a police officer,” he answers…

This is what a media blackout looks like.

***

Michelle McCaskill, media relations chief at the Defense Logistics Agency, confirms that the Ferguson Police Department is part of a federal program called 1033 that distributes hundreds of millions of dollars of surplus military equipment to civilian police forces across the United States. The materials range from small items, such as pistols and automatic rifles, to heavy armored vehicles such as the MRAPs used in Afghanistan and Iraq…

Since the creation of the 1033 program by Congress in the early 1990s, the program has distributed $4.3 billion of excess equipment, ranging from innocuous office supplies to bomb-disposing robots and other advanced technology. The flood of military supplies — along with the continuing drug war and grant programs from other federal agencies that provide military-style equipment — has pushed the culture of police forces far from its law-enforcement roots…

St. Louis County law enforcement agencies received twelve 5.56 millimeter rifles and six .45 caliber pistols from the Department of Defense between Aug. 2, 2010, and Feb. 13, 2013, a Missouri public safety official confirmed Thursday. Ferguson, Mo., is within St. Louis County. The Pentagon allows information on “tactical” equipment to be released only at a county level, so which police department(s) in the county received the weaponry is not available.

***

But part of the problem with the program, according to the ACLU, is a lack of transparency and oversight. Few restrictions are placed on what equipment law enforcement can request or how they use it. The organization concluded that the only significant restriction placed on departments is that they not sell whatever equipment they receive. In fact, departments are required to use the equipment that they receive within one year, which Dansky said could actually incentive the use of the equipment even when it’s unnecessary.

“The program contains a built-in incentive,” she said. “As these local police departments receive this equipment, there are no meaningful constraints on their ability to use it.”

“If all you have is a hammer,” she added, “everything looks like a nail.”

***

What is beyond dispute is that since Ferguson erupted in response to this tragic incident, the authorities haven’t done much to instill public confidence. Not only have they declined to release relevant details, much like the police officer in question is accused of doing, they have escalated the situation very quickly by engaging in a series of clashes with understandably upset demonstrators…

[T]his situation calls for a political force that will defend the Bill of Rights, rather than practice identity politics. That means ensuring that peaceful property owners are free of looters and law-abiding demonstrators are not crushed by SWAT teams. It also means taking an appropriately skeptical view of both police claims and Al Sharpton…

If libertarians and the best kind of conservative have any insight, it is this: government works for the people whose tax dollars sustain and support it, not the other way around. When this basic order of things gets reversed, Ferguson isn’t too far around the corner.

***

If you want an indication about where someone sits on the dividing line between conservative and libertarian, sometimes it’s as simple as how they answer this question: how do you feel about cops? Do you naturally tend to trust them, viewing them as a necessary and needed hedge acting in defense of law and order? Or are you naturally suspicious of them, believing them to be little more than armed tax collectors and bureaucrats with a tendency to violence and falsehood in service of their whims? Are cops the brave individuals who stand between the law-abiding and those who would rob, rape, and kill, or are they the low-level tyrannical overpaid functionaries of the administrative state, more focused on tax collection in the form of citations, property grabs, and killing the occasional family dog?…

The population of Ferguson has reacted with obvious frustration, followed by an overreaction of rioting and looting. The cops have responded by what seems from all appearances to be a massive crackdown on protesters and criminals alike, an escalation of arrests that includes tear gassing people for doing little more than yelling epithets from their own back yards. And so those people stopped throwing bad words and started throwing bricks and molotov cocktails…

“Justice is the end of government,” James Madison wrote in Federalist 51. “It is the end of civil society. It ever has been and ever will be pursued until it be obtained, or until liberty be lost in the pursuit.” It can be lost because of the mob, or it can be lost because of the response to the mob – and conservatives who believe in law and order should understand that. Responsible governance in this situation would involve de-escalation and conciliation, not militarization.

***

I guess the question is, after again remembering that we should never condone the looting or destruction of property of innocent bystanders: Are we really okay with asking people to just accept that cops can gun down a teenager and whitewash the whole incident and take that laying down or just “oh well, that’s life sometimes”? Because I’m not. I think if the cops don’t believe that there’s some line that will cause the public to rise up in arms against them we are in deep trouble…

I guess in the final analysis I’m fine with the criticisms of the very obvious excesses of the Ferguson riots but I’m not as willing as many are to categorically condemn the impulse. In fact, I’m glad that the impulse still exists within America to say that there’s a point beyond which they won’t be pushed by the authorities even if they do look more like a Marine division than a police force these days. And I understand the anger and frustration and with police brutality that led to this particular situation, even though, again, we can’t say definitively what happened in the Michael Brown situation.

When America dumped a bunch of the Crown’s tea into Boston Harbor the British called us rioters, looters, and worse. What’s happening in Ferguson is maybe not that, but our country was founded on the impulse of being willing to take only so much crap from a disconnected and unresponsive government, and I hope that impulse isn’t gone forever.

***

While there is no simple fix to race relations in any part of American life, there is an obvious way to reduce violent law enforcement confrontations while also building trust in cops: Police should be required to use wearable cameras and record their interactions with citizens. These cameras—various models are already on the market—are small and unobtrusive and include safeguards against subsequent manipulation of any recordings…

According to a year-long study of the Rialto, Calif., police department, the use of “officer worn cameras reduced the rate of use-of-force incidents by 59 percent” and “utilization of the cameras led to an 87.5 percent reduction in complaints” by citizens against cops.

Such results are the reason that the ACLU is in favor of “police body-mounted cameras,” as long as various privacy protections and other concerns are addressed. And it also explains growing support for the policy among elected officials. In the wake of Eric Garner’s chokehold death in July, New York City’s public advocate is pushing a $5 million pilot program in the city’s “most crime-plagued neighborhoods” as a means of restoring trust in the police.

***

There’s something else, harder to discuss but, like so many such things, urgent nonetheless. Deep breath: The black community cannot pretend that the stereotype of black men as violent comes out of nowhere.

Young black men commit about 50 percent of the murders in this country, 14 times more than young white men. Or, where do murder rates among young white men go up each summer the way they do among black ones in cities like Chicago? “Flash robs” happen when large groups of teens beset a store and steal from it, and I’m sorry, but these are rarely white affairs.

There are reasons for things like these. However, we are being unrealistic to expect America to watch these things and think it’s okay because the boys don’t have Dads and decent-paying low-skill jobs aren’t always easy to find. Let’s face it: If Korean boys regularly did things like this, we’d all be scared to death of them…

I wonder if the black community could step it up some on this. We need to devote some more energy to figuring out what we can do about The Violence, because among all else that it destroys, it feeds a perception bias that ends up killing innocents like Michael Brown.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Watched it too. I remember one day I ran home from a neighbors house screaming in terror. Can’t remember exactly what scared me. Maybe it was the first time I saw Barnabus.

Brat on August 15, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Doc Holliday on August 14, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Brings whole new meaning to “down in the South,” don’t it… :P

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Lady Grinning Soul

gh on August 15, 2014 at 12:07 AM

One of the local Spanish language radio stations carries a Mexican soap opera and maybe more.

I only listened for a minute thought the vocal intonations and cheesy organ set the tone appropriately.

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:07 AM

First venison I’ve had in a while, and what a way to come back to it … : )

listens2glenn on August 14, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Sounds very tasty.

novaculus on August 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I don’t remember that one much, as I was a kid. However I do remember The Munsters. It remains one of my favorites from that era. That one and Andy Griffith. :)

cat_owner on August 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Have you suggested two Midol and call your relief in the morning?

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Heh. No.
We have to do several different accreditation things for various professional and governmental requirements–each of them has a different number of required Continuing medical education credits–I thought I was all good, but then found out I was about 100 short for the recertification boards that I will take this year, so I’ve been glued to the computer. I’m up to 77 new ones, and I should finish soon, but I just can’t take it anymore tonight. :)

Doc Holliday on August 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Where’s Rodney King to ask us if we can all just get along?

Pickle on August 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Aladdin Sane

gh on August 15, 2014 at 12:10 AM

cat_owner on August 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

It was pretty different. There are clips of it on Youtube…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM

…I thought I was all good, but then found out I was about 100 short for the recertification boards that I will take this year, so I’ve been glued to the computer. I’m up to 77 new ones, and I should finish soon, but I just can’t take it anymore tonight. :)
Doc Holliday on August 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

You’re a good man, Doc. You’ll blow the doors off your recertification!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM

I’m feeling kind of emo tonight. Even more sensitive and caring than usual.

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

You’re a good man, Doc. You’ll blow the doors off your recertification!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Well, thank you, ma’am. *blush*

Doc Holliday on August 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Apparently no PITA can be a real PITA…

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Brat on August 15, 2014 at 12:06 AM

It was quite a novel concept, drew in both kids and older folks. And teen girls – remember “Quentin’s Theme” was in the Top 40?

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Where’s Rodney King to ask us if we can all just get along?

Pickle on August 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM

He took a swim that went bad.

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:14 AM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Yes, I’ve seen a bit of it online. I like offbeat and bizarre shows.

Oh, and speaking of soaps, the new season of Dallas starts on Monday. :)

cat_owner on August 15, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I’m feeling kind of emo tonight. Even more sensitive and caring than usual.
arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Methinks you and Cozmo should go back to Curmudgeons Anonymous for a refresher, Arnold o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Oh yeah, the other reason I’m calling it a day earlier than I normally would on the studying is because I have to get there reasonably early in the morning–my NP, the Queen of All Nurses, will not be there tomorrow, so I’ll be flying solo. This means a longer day than usual.

Doc Holliday on August 15, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Even more sensitive and caring than usual.
arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Miss Piggy Landrieu begs oinks to differ !

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Yes! That song brings all the creepiness back to mind. I’m gonna run outta here screaming!

Brat on August 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I’m feeling kind of emo tonight. Even more sensitive and caring than usual.

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

A SNAG, eh?

You’ll be over it tomorrow.

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I wrote the study guide. Just had a rare spell of feeling ill today.

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

…My NP, the Queen of All Nurses, will not be there tomorrow, so I’ll be flying solo. This means a longer day than usual.
Doc Holliday on August 15, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Good luck, Doc…just don’t tie the other arm behind your back…

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:22 AM

A SNAG, eh?

You’ll be over it tomorrow.

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Thank you. Now I understand my problem. So do women put out at them rallies if you act like you care what they think?

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Brat on August 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Quentin had a fey scariness about him.

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Good luck, Doc…just don’t tie the other arm behind your back…

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:22 AM

“…with half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair…”–Rush :)

Doc Holliday on August 15, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Ferguson will go the way of Watts, deservedly.

Fools will always be fools.

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Just had a rare spell of feeling ill today.

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Be well Arnold. May all your days be “hog heaven.”

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Quentin had a fey scariness about him.
whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Quentin was HAWT!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:25 AM

“…with half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair…”–Rush :)
Doc Holliday on August 15, 2014 at 12:24 AM

That’s the spirit, Doc!

Niters and sleep well! Our best to Dear Lady Doc and all the Dear Little Docs!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Quentin had a fey scariness about him.

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM

He was the werewolf…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2014 at 12:27 AM

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM

No, they’ll think you’re fey, Arnold. They’ll think you’re Best Male Girlfriend material and treat you accordingly…

Put another way, no nookie for you!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM

So do women put out at them rallies if you act like you care what they think?

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I would think that’s the only reason a guy would do so. But it’s slim pickens at those rallies unless you’re not choosy and have at least three plain brown bags with you.

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Quentin was HAWT!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Even as the werewolf?

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM

That’s the spirit, Doc!

Niters and sleep well! Our best to Dear Lady Doc and all the Dear Little Docs!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Good night!
See y’all on QOTD tomorrow night.

Doc Holliday on August 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM

He was the werewolf…
OmahaConservative on August 15, 2014 at 12:27 AM

We all have our quirks…

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Even as the werewolf?
OmahaConservative on August 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM

A li’l extra hair never hurted no one… :P

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:30 AM

We all have our quirks…

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:29 AM

I always got a kick out of the full moon and watching him grow all that fur…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2014 at 12:30 AM

I’m glad that Ferguson is partying down tonight…no riots, no violence (well, except for some poor white guy that was beat up and the McDonalds

now i’m sure that our good friends on the libertarian side, i.e. Noah, .AP, MKH and Ed…will proudly announce tomorrow that the de- militarized police have won the day….peace breaks out…see guys, dump the scary vehicles and get down with the party

r keller on August 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Quentin was HAWT!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Too much eye makeup, under TV lighting. Looked like a preteen who just got her first makeup kit. Might be emo-cool now, tho.

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Back then, I was a pre-teen…does that count? Oh, and his sideburns…

[drifts into pre-teen reverie...]

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:33 AM

There can’t be much rioting in Ferguson tonight.

Everyone is watching their new free TVs in their new free shoes.

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM

see guys, dump the scary vehicles and get down with the party

r keller on August 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM

You want the riots back?

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM

… sipping their new free booze.

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Very good one. Hadn’t heard the triple bag trick for quite awhile. Says it all. And I don’t think the “guys?” at them rallies like females the way most men do.

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Back then, I was a pre-teen…does that count? Oh, and his sideburns…

[drifts into pre-teen reverie...]

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Unless I’m mistaken, the burns were falsies.

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:37 AM

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM

The option to bags, if memory serves back to teenage crudity years, was a US flag and “doing it for your country”.

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM

“Gentlemen ! This is a war room zone ! There will be no fighting in here!”

—- President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Strangelove

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM

… sipping their new free booze.

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM

One should never sip new booze, it really needs at least a couple of years to age…

oscarwilde on August 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM

oscarwilde on August 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM

“I’s drinkin’ for the prezzanint, prezzent, uh, whateva…”

—– Revrum’ Al

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Unless I’m mistaken, the burns were falsies.
whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:37 AM

o_O

*sniff* I can’t have any fun…

Killjoy.

;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:45 AM

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:41 AM

And another dim suggested martial law. So far it looks to be calm tonight.

The MO governor has handled this badly. Yesterday he was tweeting about some school council meeting and saying nothing about the crisis.

cat_owner on August 15, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Democratic Congressman Will Introduce Police Demilitarization Bill

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Will Hank also ask for assistance to help him know his ass from a hole in the ground?

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2014 at 12:48 AM

cat_owner on August 15, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Impeach Nixon !!!

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:50 AM

They should all get an M2 Abrams because you just never know.

Bishop on August 14, 2014 at 11:01 PM

A few years ago, our local police were called to a ‘disturbance’ not far from me. Turns out the guy had a rocket launcher — the kind used in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Until it was determined there was no rocket to go with the launcher, they may have been wishing they had an M2 Abrams.

WhirledPeas on August 15, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Nite Doc

Nite HA

Nite America

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Lawrence Welk Show – Adios, Au Revoir, Auf Weidersehn

And on that note, I bid Friends and Lurkers niters and sleep well!

[sends out a round of Whatchudrinkin's and a Whatheshavin' for Alien's Little Friend...usual caveats apply...enters under "Weekend Eve Mixer"...]

Those with bar keya, y’all know what to do… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:51 AM

OBAMA HATES YOU AND WANTS YOU DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

williamg on August 15, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Killjoy.

;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 15, 2014 at 12:45 AM

——-0 0—–
oooo–V–oooo

KILLJOY WAS HERE!

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:53 AM

No rocket for the rocket launcher?

I’ll bet he’s still kicking himself for not getting the flame thrower instead….

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:54 AM

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Ugh….due to redistricting in 2012, that idiot is my congressman.

Brat on August 15, 2014 at 12:56 AM

WhirledPeas on August 15, 2014 at 12:50 AM

“If I Had A Rocket Launcher”…..by Liberal Bruce Cockburn……..

williamg on August 15, 2014 at 12:58 AM

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 12:54 AM

The guy spent 3 days in jail, but no charges were filed for the rocket launcher lol. Apparently, they’re perfectly legal in Texas as long as there’s no rocket in it.

WhirledPeas on August 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM

The media gets fixated on one story and ignores everything else. We still have a border crisis going on, but you would never know it.

cat_owner on August 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Former governor and U.S. senator Zell Miller on Thursday endorsed Democrat Michelle Nunn in the U.S. Senate race, citing her bipartisan approach as an antidote for Washington gridlock. He also said he intends to vote for Republican Gov. Nathan Deal, who faces a tough re-election bid against state Sen. Jason Carter.

Doesn’t make sense. Oh well we don’t call him Zigzag Zell for nothing!

Brat on August 15, 2014 at 1:07 AM

WhirledPeas on August 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Should I move to Texas I’ll keep that in mind!

Three days in jail and probably faced a standoff like Reno going after Davidians.

I’ll bet he wishes he had cleared the red tape in advance.

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 1:07 AM

cat_owner on August 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM

I was just think about posting this:

more CA youths

too hot for them now, better during the fall.

r keller on August 15, 2014 at 1:08 AM

cat_owner on August 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM

True. They always go with the ‘if it bleeds, it leads’ sensationalist stuff. Short attention spans.

WhirledPeas on August 15, 2014 at 1:08 AM

You meant “Hawking“….and, here’s one of my favorites….

williamg on August 14, 2014 at 11:48 PM

This one ain’t bad either.

whatcat on August 14, 2014 at 11:53 PM

….Cool-ee-oh, what cat!

….how bees you?

williamg on August 15, 2014 at 1:09 AM

viking01 on August 15, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Here’s the story (one of them) on it. It was kind of bizarre.

WhirledPeas on August 15, 2014 at 1:10 AM

r keller on August 15, 2014 at 1:08 AM

I have no doubt there will be many more waves of illegals invading the border.

WhirledPeas on August 15, 2014 at 1:08 AM

That’s for sure. It’s about the only thing Fox and CNN are covering now. I did see a promo though for Greta’s show tomorrow which will be about Christians being persecuted in Iraq.

cat_owner on August 15, 2014 at 1:11 AM

RIP T’Pring

For you “deaths come in threes” believers, I guess she’s the third. Or maybe not famous enough?

My dead pool money is on Ted Turner.

Brat on August 14, 2014 at 11:12 PM

A Star Trek (Original Series) guest star not famous enough? Heresy!

Apparently she had a real gift for languagees and accents. She played lots of foreigners, such as a Russian on I Dream of Jeannie, and a spy on Hogan’s Heroes. She never became as famous as some, but any actress who has as long a career as she did is a big success.

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 15, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Democratic Congressman Will Introduce Police Demilitarization Bill

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Well good for him. Someone had to introduce this bill. I am just happy something is being done. But knowing this F up congress it is going to die in committee.

coolrepublica on August 15, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Democratic Congressman Will Introduce Police Demilitarization Bill

whatcat on August 15, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Yay. Another federal bureaucracy, just what this country needs.

WhirledPeas on August 15, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2014 at 1:28 AM

…but any actress who has as long a career as she did is a big success.

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 15, 2014 at 1:18 AM

So true. She lived long and prospered!

Goodnight all!

Brat on August 15, 2014 at 1:29 AM

…but any actress who has as long a career as she did is a big success.

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 15, 2014 at 1:18 AM

So true. She lived long and prospered!

Goodnight all!

Brat on August 15, 2014 at 1:29 AM

It had to feel good to work that one in….

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 15, 2014 at 1:33 AM

evening all..

evening DS.. no TS in Michigan this weekend..

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 1:37 AM

This should have just been put first in the QOTD, nothing else needed to be posted.

e.o.s.

Diluculo on August 15, 2014 at 1:39 AM

what’s in all the pretty white trucks??

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 1:40 AM

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 15, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Yeah I went with that instead of “She’s dead, Jim.”

Goodnight for real this time!

Brat on August 15, 2014 at 1:41 AM

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Good evening friend..:)

PS..That is a good move by TS..imho..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2014 at 1:48 AM

4 million in….fees..!!

“Ferrari Fetches Record $38.115 Million at Auction”

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 1:51 AM

OBAMA HATES YOU AND WANTS YOU DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

williamg on August 15, 2014 at 12:53 AM

I disagree. He wants us alive so he can get more money from us. When the money’s gone, then he’ll want us dead. But not before.

You need to get your facts straight and quit being such a loon.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 15, 2014 at 1:53 AM

what’s in all the pretty white trucks??

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Staples. You know, food, water, magazines, RPGs, bandages, bricks of C4, things every refugee needs for survival.

Diluculo on August 15, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2014 at 1:48 AM

agreed..
I read jeff burton will be in the car..

Q… done for the season??

the Bristol night race is coming up ..

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 1:56 AM

It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no native American criminal class … … except for the democrat party”.

VorDaj on August 15, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Diluculo on August 15, 2014 at 1:55 AM

evening Dil…
hope things are well my neighbor to the south..

RPG’s….. Really Powerful Glue??
and that C4 stuff…
is that like Russian catsup??

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Q… done for the season??

the Bristol night race is coming up ..

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 1:56 AM

I imagine he’ll sit out until the investigation is over.

kcewa on August 15, 2014 at 2:01 AM

ok so its makeup and toothpaste…maybe

so … what is in these not so white vehicles??

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 2:05 AM

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Yes I think he is out for the season..Again imho..:)

PS..I look for Burton to be in the car for the rest of the year..Not a bad choice at all..imho..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2014 at 2:07 AM

kcewa on August 15, 2014 at 2:01 AM

evening kc..
that’s what I would think also….
and after that…
back to racing if he can block out the mental part..?
retire to be TS teamowner if he cant ??

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2014 at 2:07 AM

wow ‘the season’… that’s bold…
TS is a mean fat cuss… like a young AJ was 50 years ago..
I think he’ll give it a go… maybe..
and then??… retirement?

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 2:10 AM

hey … I was going to ask…
Barry is coming back to the WH this weekend…
no one seems to know why…

is Justice Ruth feeling ok??
change of putter perhaps??
Golf Cart One have a flat??

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 2:14 AM

going2mars on August 15, 2014 at 2:14 AM

I wonder why too. Seems he’s cutting his vacation short by a week. Unless he’s returning to the WH briefly before heading back to the vineyard.

cat_owner on August 15, 2014 at 2:18 AM