Planned Parenthood sex ed: Whip it? Whip it good

posted at 12:41 pm on August 13, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Welts across the back for an underage girl? “I wouldn’t call it abuse,” a Planned Parenthood sex-education counselor tells a Live Action undercover activist posing as a 15-year-old, “as long as it’s consensual.” This advice, given in a clinic in the tony Minneapolis suburb of Eden Prairie,  matches up closely to that given in other Planned Parenthood clinics investigated by Live Action — including the suggestion that underaged teens read 50 Shades of Grey and browse through sex shops, which would be illegal:

Steven Ertelt at LifeNews interviewed Live Action president Lila Rose about the video:

Live Action president Lila Rose tells LifeNews she is very concerned by what Planned Parenthood is willing to tell young, impressionable teenage girls, who are not yet of legal age to consent to sex.

“What else could an underage girl agree to that Planned Parenthood would call “completely normal”?  Cuts?  Broken bones?  Statutory rape?” Rose asks. “This is the mentality in which Planned Parenthood wants to indoctrinate our kids.  Please watch our video, get informed, and help us to put an end to this billion-dollar corporation’s outlandish influence on America’s children.”

Rose says “the new video lays bare Planned Parenthood’s sexual ethos, even for kids: abusive, demeaning, and violent sexual behavior is ‘normal’ and ‘OK’ as long as the recipient believes that she’s consented to it.”

She continues: “Planned Parenthood has covered up the statutory rape of minors for years as well, not taking child sexual abuse seriously.  Apparently it’s ‘yes’ to everything – to depraved and dangerous behavior – as long as there’s ‘consent.’”

In this case, the “student” identified herself as a 15-year-old, although the counselor appears to have assumed she was 16. That’s an important difference in Minnesota, as the age of informed consent here is 16. In Colorado, another state where Live Action conducted an undercover probe into Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer-subsidized sex education, the age of consent is 17. In Oregon it’s 18 years of age.

Even apart from the issue of consent, the instruction being given at these clinics would still be highly inappropriate for 15- or 16-year-olds of either gender. I’ve made this point a number of times, but it’s still worth repeating: Sex education at this age should aim for basic health and safety education, the importance of disease and pregnancy prevention, and hopefully some counseling on abstinence and the avoidance of exploitation. These videos show the opposite — an encouragement and normalization of exploitation and victimization. These counselors aren’t even discussing the relative merits of sexual positions and techniques, but how to inflict pain and physical injuries under the caveat of “consent.” That isn’t sex education; it’s grooming.

It’s also worth noting that Planned Parenthood’s idea of informed consent at 15 differs greatly from the assumptions of informed consent among women at 18 and above when they attend college.

Update: Speaking of double standards …

PP “counselors” encouraging underaged girls to get whipped and injured with their “consent,” but Greg Abbott is responsible for violence against women. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Comments

What’s it like to be you, bereft latrine rats?

Schadenfreude on August 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Devolution indeed.

Flange on August 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Never forget – your taxes fund the PP.

Schadenfreude on August 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM

These people are among the worst examples of “corporate” greed in America. Their currency is abortion, exploitation and tears.

But this is not a surprise, to work at planned parenthood, you already have to be a soulless psychopath. Otherwise how could you justify working there?

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Never forget – your taxes fund the PP.

Schadenfreude on August 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM

If the GOP had a spine, they would have defunded this sleaze factory already. But they let Dems set the message. When they could easily just show highlights from this video on a loop and make Dems own it.

They’d beg to defund it then.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 13, 2014 at 12:50 PM

PP “counselors” encouraging underaged girls to get whipped and injured with their “consent,” but Greg Abbott is responsible for violence against women. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

The eventual talking point will boil down to “All Republicans rape”.

You watch.

nobar on August 13, 2014 at 12:51 PM

No wonder that liberals are so bad at sex. They don’t have a clue what good sex is supposed to be like.

myiq2xu on August 13, 2014 at 12:52 PM

myiq2xu on August 13, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Indeed; they don’t understand healthy relationships.

Othniel on August 13, 2014 at 12:56 PM

I thought feminism was about women NOT being abused.
Silly me. It is about enjoying the abuse.

vityas on August 13, 2014 at 1:02 PM

After all, Margaret Sanger was Heinrich Himmler’s pen pal.

I’ll bet they exchanged all kinds of cool ideas.

formwiz on August 13, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Gee, you wingnuts..you can’t think this is
a common practice because of the multiple
examples uncovered already. These 47 incidents
are aberrations.

And you can tell this was edited because O’Keefe
wasn’t wearing the purple Velvet Jones pimp suit
when he was talking to the PP person.

– verbalduece on anytime his personal heroes at PP get called out for the ghouls that they are at 12:56 PM

HumpBot Salvation on August 13, 2014 at 1:04 PM

And I can tell you for a fact that stupid people in Minnesota will still vote for democrats. People that call themselves Christian. Apparently discernment is not something they work at because if you can not see the immorality of the democrat party you are pretty bad off.

crosshugger on August 13, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Honest question. I have many teenage daughters and not a one of them has any idea what PP does or where to find one. How do these kids just show up at a PP office? Two daughters were at work with me today and I asked them about PP and got the look only a young teenage girl can give their dad.

As far as whip it good. Potted plant better watch out as daddy gots a new hat to wear tonight.

HonestLib on August 13, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I thought feminism was about women NOT being abused.
Silly me. It is about enjoying the abuse.

vityas on August 13, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Nope, feminism is about unfettered sex without consequences..

Teenage girls do not have the werewithal to tell the difference between consensual and abuse.

And BDSM practices usually involve “fake” rape. Will teenage boys be able to tell the difference?

This is simply child abuse waiting for a disaster to happen. Telling a child that a sexual practice that involves practices such as branding can be “consensual” is just asking for trouble.

melle1228 on August 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM

myiq2xu on August 13, 2014 at 12:52 PM

My wife was great at it….then we got married. I blame the wedding cake.

HonestLib on August 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM

HonestLib on August 13, 2014 at 1:07 PM

There are school system that allow PP to bus students or nurses to drive them to PP..

melle1228 on August 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM

melle1228 on August 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Funny how progressives believe in individual liberty when it involves young girls and sex. Wonder why that is so?

HonestLib on August 13, 2014 at 1:12 PM

melle1228 on August 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Ah, I see. We home school and thanks so much for the answer as I was starting to wonder. We are very protective of our kids. And to those who just rolled their eyes because of the home schooling….we do it for the kids.

HonestLib on August 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM

My wife was great at it….then we got married. I blame the wedding cake.

HonestLib on August 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM

LOL! You’d better stay anonymous for at least a while longer, just in case she reads the comments section …

Ed Morrissey on August 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM

And social issues are off the table.

faraway on August 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Uh, Dad?

Please don’t tell me you really believe your girls can’t find PP for contraceptives or abortions if they want to.

If nothing else, their nookie-crazed boyfriends will find out for them, or other girls at school or work.

And really- hiding this from Dad is probably not outside the realm of possibility IYKWIM.

Dolce Far Niente on August 13, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Sanger is laughing from hell at the libwits.

CW on August 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM

So let me get this straight: a US Civil Rights commissioner says that college kids are “not developed enough for free speech” so college speech codes “need to be tightened” (http://collegeinsurrection.com/2014/08/college-kids-not-developed-enough-for-free-speech-says-us-civil-rights-commissioner/), but Planned Parenthood thinks that 15 year olds are mature enough to make decisions about sadomasochistic relationships involving physical abuse?

Do I sense mixed messages here? Or just the usual liberal lack of logic and morals?

DimsdalePiranha on August 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM

HonestLib on August 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM

This should be a safe place for home schoolers. My opinion, anyway.

22044 on August 13, 2014 at 1:39 PM

DimsdalePiranha on August 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Don’t you see PP gets to make those decisions for them?

CW on August 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM

“Thank God for Planned Parenthood!”

Barack Obama

surrounded on August 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Uh, Dad?

Dolce Far Niente on August 13, 2014 at 1:22 PM

You shouldn’t judge others by the standards of your culture.

davidk on August 13, 2014 at 1:46 PM

You shouldn’t judge others by the standards of your culture.

davidk on August 13, 2014 at 1:46 PM

MY culture? You want to step outside, young man?

Believing that your teenage children simply don’t know that the abortion and sex industry exist is not the same as imparting biblical armor to them, and is not nearly as effective, because they can and will learn outside the walls of your home.

You are a fool to think this means I support any portion of this culture. I suggest only that your belief that your kids know nothing about the sex and abortion culture may be erroneous.

Sorry if that offends you, but I raised 6 of my own and 2 gifted to me, and I don’t underestimate Satan. Nor should you.

Dolce Far Niente on August 13, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Sexual promiscuity and depravity was also a big part of the French Revolution. Destroy traditional morality and conscience and you own the people.

PattyJ on August 13, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Never forget – your taxes fund the PP.

Schadenfreude on August 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM

And we still pay them, like clock work. We, as a country, will pay for this, and I think we can all see the writing on the wall, in all CAPS, that the payment is fast coming due.

Lord have mercy.

pannw on August 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

You shouldn’t judge others by the standards of your culture.

davidk on August 13, 2014 at 1:46 PM

MY culture? You want to step outside, young man?

Dolce Far Niente on August 13, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Thanks for your response. First davidk is cool dude and I have never had a beef with him. Second, H/T to you for raising all those wealth munchers. Gots plenty of them. My first question was mostly about transportation and not knowledge so much. We do not let our kids get a license until they are 18. Then mum takes them out and they get a car of their choice, with us having final say. No school bus, no friends picking them up, and of course no driving themselves.

Keeps the mum and me very busy. Well, her more than me. Throw in home schooling, and playing a sport that requires 30+ hours a week of practice…..well lets just say we control their access to problems until they are 18. Only problem we had was with our oldest daughter and she was the worldly one who got into trouble at school. We learned and started home schooling. One thing I am lucky to provide is taking my kids on trips around the world while I work. Our kids have been around and seen a lot.

Got two in college and no problems. My wife uses me as an example of who not to marry or who not to be like.

HonestLib on August 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Planned Auschwitzhood is about par for baby killers and butchers…

viking01 on August 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM

HonestLib on August 13, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I heard years ago that girls that are often truant would go to their local PP and get a doctor’s note for their absences.

Also, it sounds like your girls travel in different (and more moral) circles, so it’s not surprising that they would not know about it.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 13, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Dolce Far Niente on August 13, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I don’t think I knew they existed when I was in high school (or if I did, it was only vaguely). At any rate, I didn’t have a boyfriend, so there was never any need to find a PP. Besides that, I didn’t have a driver’s license, and I was too busy with school work to be going out much with my friends, so I couldn’t have hid it from my parents if I did try to go. Most of those factors are circumstantial, but I also never would have sought out PP because the principles they espouse are ones which I would have found repulsive.

All of which is to suggest that- maybe not everyone conforms to your notion of what our culture is like?

Cheshire_Kat on August 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM

What kind of pervert poses as a 15 yr old talking perv sex to an adult heath care worker?
This kind here.

This point is only that there should be no place for counseling of teens.

Observation on August 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM