Ann Coulter: We have no choice but to vote for these Republicans, including the crap-ass ones

posted at 11:21 am on August 13, 2014 by Allahpundit

An electrifying midterm rallying cry on a slow summer news day. Boehner, incidentally, isn’t one of the crappy-asses, she says. She doesn’t name names there, but she’s been known to diverge from grassroots conservatives in these matters before.

What would happen, though, if Boehner turned around and made a deal with Harry Reid on amnesty in September? One of the goals of Obama’s looming power grab over legalization is to scare Republican leaders with the thought that Latino voters will be so grateful, they’ll break even harder for Democrats in 2016. The only countermeasure, Dems would have you believe, is for the GOP to agree to comprehensive reform before then and steal some of Obama’s thunder. No one in conservative media (with the possible exception of the boss emeritus) is as vociferously anti-amnesty as Coulter. If Republicans signed off on a legalization deal, as is quite possible next spring or summer, would she consider that reason enough for conservatives to protest by staying home in 2016? We all have our red lines when it comes to political betrayals, but as the example of Obama and Syria reminds us, a red line that isn’t enforced is meaningless and even counterproductive in how it invites further aggression. I’m reluctantly willing to boycott the next election if the GOP makes a bad deal on immigration in the name of showing them how steep the cost of future betrayals might be. Is Coulter? Or are we destined for a “three cheers for the Gang of Eight bill!” column in two years if/when Rubio is the nominee?

Exit question: Besides immigration, which other issues (within the realm of realistic possibility) could the GOP endorse before 2016 that would give righties serious pause about voting? I can’t think of one offhand. I suppose Boehner and McConnell could make a terrible grand bargain with O on deficit reduction that annoyed everyone, but even a bad bargain would contain some concessions on entitlements that they could spin to their advantage.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

BTW, it is funny that people like you claim we can’t get any better than a Snowe or a Brown in the Northeast don’t get that in a state like Tennessee; we shouldn’t be getting a Snowe or a Brown. Those should be the state that the GOP send its most conservative members. And if you want to see how much “Tennessee’ loves Corker and Alexander- check out their facebook page..

melle1228 on August 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM

First, as a side issue, Tennessee is not all that conservative and I say that as one who once lived there. I remember Algore, Sr. And what is your explanation for Ray Blanton, Ned McWherter, and Phil Bredeson? Or Howard Baker, for that matter?

You’re unhappy with Corker? I can just imagine listening to northern leftists complaining about Senator Harold Ford, Jr. Talk about a DINO!

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM

1. Just because the left uses the same reason doesn’t negate the validity of that reason.

2. I didn’t mention any of the issues you stated and that’s what the tea party is rallied around. The fact that you brought those up prove my point. Those with power and influence frame the narrative so people believe the lie.

Mary Beth House on August 13, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Those excuses are lame, period, whoever uses them.

My bringing up social issues only pointed to the fact that you ignored them. They are, in my opinion, the reason that we haven’t controlled the Senate as we have the House for the past four years. The price the country has paid for that has been high.

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Exactly. Voting is pointless when both parties support the same policies. Article V is the only option other than violence

Brock Robamney on August 13, 2014 at 3:02 PM

And what, exactly, are you proposing to do with Article V?

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:17 PM

AH_C on August 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Sorry, but I no longer trust any Republican. Look at what Marco Rubio did with that whole amnesty thing. His complete about-face is not the exception these days, it’s the rule. Republicans say what they think we want to hear, then do what they want once they’re in Washington. They know how to play us better than the Dems. I believe they’re also into voter fraud as much as the Dems are when it comes to preventing voters from putting a conservative into office over one of their establishment Repubs. They are liars and cowards. If I don’t know who I can trust, I won’t vote for any of them. As for Libertarians, I like some of their beliefs, but not enough to vote for one. When a truly Conservative party comes along, modeled after the Tea Party, I might consider voting again.

blackgriffin on August 13, 2014 at 3:18 PM

OMG, you aren’t even worth debating. Name ONE fvckin social conservative that advocates “criminalizing” abortion, sodomy, or homosexuality?”

melle1228 on August 13, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Oh, I think a few tens of millions propose criminalizing abortion.

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Oh, I think a few tens of millions propose criminalizing abortion.

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:19 PM

No, you can’t. Even if the miraculous happened and Roe v. Wade was overturned; the issues goes back to the state (ya know what Repubs are supposed to be for).

I’ll say one more thing, and then I am done with you. Anyone who makes such a fallacious, leftist talking point argument like the against conservatives (criminalizing sodomy, homosexuality and abortion- snort) is just not intelligent enough to argue with: Tennessee is a long way from the days you lived here. Al Gore, Sr or Jr. would NEVAH get elected now, except maybe as state rep for Memphis.

melle1228 on August 13, 2014 at 3:23 PM

But there is one big difference. The guy (or, in KY, gal) with D after their name is going to vote to put Dingy Harry in charge of the Senate, with Chuck Schumer, Pat Leahy, et al as committee chairmen.

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM

There are two struggles, and we have to win both.

There is the struggle for control of the GOP Caucus in the Senate. If McConnell is going to continue to be the GOP Leader in the Senate, he needs to realize amnesty is a non-starter, or he’ll be booted by the caucus. This is the struggle where in extreme circumstances voting for the Democrat could theoretically make sense, if needed to defeat a vote for a GOP Majority Leader who would push amnesty.

And then there is the struggle with the Democrats for control of the Senate. The GOP could win that one while conservatives still lose because they don’t control the caucus and the GOP has a Majority Leader who pushes through amnesty.

What would be tragic would be if anti-amnesty GOP Senators end up with +26 votes in the Senate, picking the GOP leader, but the GOP only has 49 (because so many conservatives voted down RINO candidates, letting Democrats win), so Reid stays in control and stifles any attempts by conservatives to do anything about the open borders. This could possibly cause the passing of amnesty, depending on what happens in the House.

However, also catastrophic would be if the anti-amnesty Senators get, say, 27 seats, so they could theoretically control the majority, but the GOP gets a whopping 59 seats, with 32 of them pro-amnesty. So the GOP wins, and conservatives lose. Effectively forever. You can’t fix a broken electorate.

fadetogray on August 13, 2014 at 3:27 PM

melle1228 on August 13, 2014 at 3:23 PM

When did Phil Bredesen get elected governor?

As for your ad hominem comments, what is wrong with saying that social conservatives want to criminalize abortion? They DESPERATELY want to criminalize abortion, don’t they?

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Those excuses are lame, period, whoever uses them.

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Money, corruption and influence aren’t excuses and they aren’t lame. It’s why it’s hard to get the right people elected and move a positive agenda. lol

And I’m ignoring the wedge issues because the majority of the tea party isn’t focused on them. But the GOPe and the left do because they know by painting the tea party movement as wackos, they ensure their power.

Mary Beth House on August 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM

There are two struggles, and we have to win both.

fadetogray on August 13, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Aren’t these comments internally inconsistent? Does having Mitch McConnel as Majority Leader aid your cause, or does Dingy Harry? You can’t have it both ways.

Does your remark about a “broken electorate” mean something other than the majority might disagree with you on this issue?

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Mary Beth House on August 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Wow, you sound ready to sign on to Mark Udall’s proposal to gut the First Amendment!

For my part, I love the Tea Party. I’m criticizing social conservatives, not the Tea Party.

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Social conservatives aren’t the problem. Republicans ready to gut the constitution in its entirety in order to pander for votes — to social cons or anyone else — are the problem.

gryphon202 on August 13, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Brock Robamney on August 13, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Article V’s time was years ago, when DC at least still pretended to give a crap about Constitutional restrictions.

Today, they do not. Any new restrictions put in place via Article V ‘convention of the states’ will also be ignored, trampled, unrecognized, etc.

There’s *zero* reason to hope that DC will obey them any more than the do what’s already in place.

Midas on August 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I in no way support the gutting of the First Amendment. But nice try.

Mary Beth House on August 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Astonerii

Your idea is to burn down the house to save it.

Once your done these commie wolves will eat your family once you have no shelter at all.

Trouble is your action put my family at risk also.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 13, 2014 at 2:09 PM

The house is burning. It is a total loss at this point. The question is whether I want to keep spending money to slow down the burn so I can watch it burn longer, spending all the wealth that I could use to rebuild the house.

People like you are kind of like the pests in the house. They want me to waste my life making their miserable short lives better to my own detriment.

astonerii on August 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 3:35 PM

No inconsistency at all. Don’t assume McConnell must be the Majority Leader if the GOP wins. I was figuring he’d go along with his caucus on amnesty either way in order to stay in the position.

A broken electorate is one that is voting for progressively more invasion. If we get too many immigrants voting, especially of the illegal/amnestied kind, then the flood of socialists from impoverished countries will really get ferocious.

And, remember, there is a 20 year time lag to any fix of the problem as the anchor baby children of illegals rise to voting age. Things are already much, much worse than they appear to be.

fadetogray on August 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM

The GOP stands in the way of conservatives having any kind of representation in Washington. The GOP must be destroyed — end it, don’t mend it.

The only reason the GOP gained any kind of reputation as a conservative party was because of Reagan — but, as the GOPe cheerleaders like to remind us, Reagan is dead. It’s time for conservatives to turn their backs on the GOP, which is no longer an opposition party, but more like the puppets of the so-called Democrats.

Aitch748 on August 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM

astonerii on August 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM

You’re right, this burning house cannot be saved. Let it burn and we’ll build a new one on its ashes.

blackgriffin on August 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM

She’s right.

RUexperienced on August 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM

LIB

No matter what happens, politicians will still be crooks, and the Libs will still be Libs, and everyone will blame the other guy.

It’s futile.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 13, 2014 at 5:00 PM

blackgriffin on August 13, 2014 at 3:18 PM

BG, I don’t mean vote for the republican. I’m just saying vote to be counted, but vote what matters to you.

For example, you may have some local elections, referndums, etc. Depends on where you’re at, i.e. OK doesn’t allow any write-ins, so you’d end up leaving Senat/house candidates empty, unless a 3rd party managed to get on. In other States, you’d pull either a Republican Ballot or Democrat Ballot or even indy, so they are tabulating how many are voting as one or the other.

The point is you can still send a message to the GOP that you can and do vote, you just ain’t accepting their offerings. Again, all depends on your State’s setup.

In my case, I’m not voting for Joni Ernst (think she’ll pull an Ayotte once she gets cozy with the powerbrokers), but haven’t decided yet other than keep an eye on the 3rd party indies that lean conservative/libertarian. Whichever is polling best by Nov is probably whom I’ll vote for. Same with the House candidate. Puch comes to shove, I can always write-in my primary favorites on both of those tickets. I’m also focused on the local city/county politics and there’re some new folks that want to upend the local apparatus, so I’m for helping give the boot to both dem/gop old farts. So here I’ll help where it could do good to turn out incumbents and withhold support for token RINOs to stop them from getting in and becoming incumbent the next round.

Does that make sense?

AH_C on August 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Sad but true but Coulter is right.

Sherman1864 on August 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

It is way past time for a 3rd party. A conservative, patriotic, literal Constitution following third party. Compromise with the Dems and GOPe leads to only a slower decay, but always decay. I am sick and tired of the “conservative” brand being tarnished by the GOPe.

The GOPe will never change. You are all wasting your time, breath, and brain cells debating this whole topic. Learn from our history, there is plenty of it out there to show that they are entrenched.

If a candidate sucks, why vote for him? Because he sucks less than the Demoncrat? Because it takes 4 years to get the same bad result the Dems give in 2 years? Are you GOPe shills for real? Get a clue.

And what of the certain disaster of the Dems controlling everything? Face it people, we are circling the drain anyway in this country. It is going to burn. I would rather the Dems take the blame when it finally happens, than to let them set up the disaster, only to have some hapless stooge in place to take the blame when it all burns down.

Some of you are terrified of letting it burn. I am taking the long view: after the inferno, who will have the credibility to rebuild the REAL American dream? The fascist Democrats, the GOPe enablers, or the few of us that stand on principle?

captnjoe on August 13, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Does that make sense?

AH_C on August 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Yes. Which region are you from? I’m in NE IA. I thought Joni looked good at first, but her interview here sure was pure drivel.

Free Indeed on August 13, 2014 at 5:55 PM

The problem with the view that we keep working to get more tea party types elected to fight with the establishment is that it’ll take years and years to get enough to have any sort of coalition. Frankly, as Astonerii said, the house is already on fire and it isn’t going to last for years and years. The time for that plan to work has come and gone. Between the welfare state, Obamacare and illegal immigration we’re out of time; things just get worse from here on in.

Free Indeed on August 13, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I voice my rage quite openly with the GOP. I’ll never vote for a democrat but maybe not for a Repuplican either. Please show me their strengths……….yeah I thought so.

mixplix on August 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Why should we listen to someone who had the lack of judgement to date Bill Maher?

Bitter Clinger on August 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Because she is a Salem employee. AP needs to meet quota by promoting her every now and then.

Myron Falwell on August 13, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Does that make sense?

AH_C on August 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I’m writing in Thad cochran in for senate here in Texas(not sure if will even count according to Texas election laws), Cornyn was in with those cheating to keep him, so I better vote for thad instead of cornyn. My rep is good so I plan to vote republican there and for most state amd local races.

Corsair on August 13, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Sad but true but Coulter is right.

Sherman1864 on August 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

No she’s not. She’s created a false dilemma: You HAVE to vote for a republican, even though he’s a liberal, because dems are more liberal.

Her premise is get done dirty by dems or less dirty than reps. I refuse to submit because some anorexic, self-aggrandizing whore trying to sell her shitty books says that’s the way life is, take it or leave it. I choose to fight …to the death if necessary, because I’d rather be dead than a slave. And I CERTAINLY won’t suborn a party’s slide into socialism, because they want to be more ‘Electable’. That kind of gutless pragmatism is what got us here in the first place.

“R’s” can either get back to being conservatives, or go away forever; it’s their choice. But unlike Coulter and her type, I’m not bending over. Either way, the Republic will be better for it.

a5minmajor on August 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM

astonerii on August 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM

You could always get out of the country. You could always leave, didn’t you know that? No one is keeping you here, especially in light of what little you contribute. There is no exit visa, no wall keeping you in, nothing at all will prevent you from getting out and finding someplace that you don’t want to burn down.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 7:29 PM

As to your second point, I would say that the social conservative program is the one that is clearly out of step with the electorate. People who otherwise support liberty and smaller government will never, EVAH vote to criminalize abortion, or sodomy, or homosexuality.

wbcoleman on August 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Social conservatives are the ONLY ones who are pushing back.

monalisa on August 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM

captnjoe on August 13, 2014 at 5:48 PM

So do you think the people who sat on their hands and actually demanded that the rest of us let the country burn will be the ones who have the credibility?
People who want the country to burn are traitors, traitors don’t have credibility and are not the go to guys for rebuilding the rubble.
You are also living in a Red Dawn fantasy land, It’s officially long past time that you climb down from tour treehouse and grow the heII up. Your canned goods and “don’t tread on me” flag wont mean S#!t if what you are wishing for actually happens.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Social conservatives are the ONLY ones who are pushing back.

monalisa on August 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Giving winnable elections over to the socialists isn’t pushing back.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Aitch748 on August 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Conservatives have done an excellent job of making sure they don’t have any representation without blaming it on your scapegoat.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 7:43 PM

She even defended Boehner, and said she “liked” his lawsuit against barry BAMMMMMSTAHHHHHHHHHHH1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DA MANNNNNNNNN BAMMMY BABBBBYYYYY11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YA BARRY OL BUDDY OL PALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5mir on August 14 at 1 AM

cableguy615 on August 13, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Free Indeed on August 13, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Indeed. I’m in the QC.

AH_C on August 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM

______________________________________
As Democrats avoid Obama,

Romney is in demand
on the midterm campaign trail
______________________________________

Mitt Romney is hitting the stump for Republicans this fall.
Romney is emerging as one of the Republican
Party’s most in-demand campaign surrogates.

Romney will campaign for GOP Senate and
gubernatorial candidates in West Virginia,
North Carolina and Arkansas.

Romney is filling up his October schedule, as well.
Senate hopefuls in Iowa and New Hampshire
are eager for him to return before Nov.’s midterms,
while Romney is weighing trips to other Senate
battlegrounds. At least one high-profile Senate
campaign said it has produced a TV advertisement
featuring Romney ready to air in the fall.

“Democrats don’t want to be associated
with Barack Obama right now,
but Republicans are dying
to be associated with Mitt Romney”.

Romney’s associates said, he is focused
entirely on helping Republicans win
the majority in the Senate in November.

During the week of Aug. 18, Romney is set to
campaign in West Virginia with Rep.
Shelly Moore Capito (R); in North Carolina
with state House Speaker Thom Tillis.

Romney has also scheduled September
campaign trips to Colorado, and Virginia,
where he has campaigned for Ed Gillespie.

Romney campaigned this year with Scott Brown.
Romney called Ernst “a real Iowan.” “When he
was here last time, he offered to do whatever
we felt he needed to do.” “Romney’s invested.
He wants Joni Ernst to win.”

Mitt Romney is one of the most unifying figures in the party.

…………………………………………………………………..
______________________________________

www. RealClearMARKETS.com
www. RealClearPOLITICS.com

…………………………………………………………………..

The Dangers of Obama unbound
We don’t know what the effect will be
IF the president decides to go ahead
with his executive actions.

www. washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/08/06/the-insiders-the-dangers-of-obama-unbound/

______________________________________

Global HAWK on August 13, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Reading through some of these posts I can only hope that this is just a couple of Organizing for America Mobys talking to each other with a bunch of sock-puppets. Here’s a fact, if you have so little patriotism that you are not only not willing to get out and get engaged in the political process to WORK to get what you want out of it but you are actually advocating that we let the country burn you are not a conservative, you are not even a decent American. If you think the country needs to be destroyed under ruinous leftist rule so that you will be in a better position to rule the rubble you are not only an delusional fool, you are a narcissistic delusional fool.
Like I wrote, I hope it’s OFA sock puppets talking to OFA sock puppets, because conservatives aren’t this stupid.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM

a5minmajor on August 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM

This.

I’m heartened by the fact that 6 years ago one didn’t hear much of this sentiment and even less 8 and 10 years ago. Oh there were some espousing it, only to get mocked as extreme. But with each cycle, more and more are coming around. It’s just a matter of another cycle or two before the GOPe as we know it now will cease to exist.

I was ready to do so on mcvain but decided to hold my nose and pull for sarah, hoping he would be out of office quickly thereafter. But no mas pulling for the lesser of two progressives ever again – no matter how dire the situation.

AH_C on August 13, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Free Indeed on August 13, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Indeed. I’m in the QC.

AH_C on August 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Free Indeed, you are conversing with someone who is a 3rd party cultist who never saw a GOP candidate he didn’t want to see defeated.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM

AH_C on August 13, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Yes, when you were shilling for Obama against McCain and Romney you were called extreme, Moby should have been the term. Congratulations, you have helped bring about a doubling of an already irresponsible debt, a weakening of our international standing that has been breathtaking, a deliberate loss of 2 wars against the islamists who attacked us on 9/11, millions of illeagal immigrants that aren never leaving… Incredibly, you are proud of it. Only a full on socialist would be proud of Obama and Harry Reids record, which you have turned yourself inside out to enable here.

You lot were saying that in 2008. “-got to go through carter to get to Reagan…” THERE IS GOING TO BE NOTHING LEFT TO PUT BACK TOGETHER, FOOL! We have a chance to get Harry Reid out of the senate majority leader job and that’s too much for you to bear, isn’t it?

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Cableguy, I’m niy exactly sure what your point was, mine in deriding Coulter for defending Biehner, is this: a lawsuit is a ridiculous waste of time. Either impeach him or don’t. Its the half-assed-ness of the R’s that are doing them in. They don’t know the difference between electable politician, and elected representative.

a5minmajor on August 13, 2014 at 8:25 PM

a5minmajor on August 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM

This
AH_C on August 13, 2014 at 8:03 PM

And this again.

After voting for Sarah Palin for VP (I certainly didn’t vote for her running mate), I said it was the LAST TIME I would hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils.

I maintain that stance. I was vocally on HA stating I would not vote for “the electable Mitt Romney,” and I did not.

I won’t vote for Mitt or Mitt-lite this time around, either. The GOP can come back to conservatism, or it can go to Hell.

Wino on August 13, 2014 at 8:26 PM

As for Coulter’s piece, she was a vocal backer of Romney in 2012. She’s just pushing again for more squishy GOPe “electable” candidates. Her schtick is transparent. She’s just like Boehner and McConnell.

Wino on August 13, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Wino on August 13, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Thanks for Obama.

Your user name still links back to fauxnews.org, a now closed leftist website. Guess you caught on it’s more effective to Moby here than to troll.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Wino on August 13, 2014 at 8:34 PM

This is what this clowns user name goes back to in the wayback web archive.
This is a democrat trying to keep democrats in office and spouting the same self defeating garbage that they did to help persuade conservatives to stay at home on election day and help elect socialists.
From his page:

“Bush says: Keep arsenic level high in drinking water.

Cuts in programs to get cleaner automobiles from the big 3.

Americans don’t support Bush help the rich massive tax cuts!

Don’t forget the Republican motto:

We are filthy rich and we’re not going to take it anymore! (a reference to the risky tax scheme their buddy Dubya is going to give them because they don’t want to give up $1 million dollars just because they have $1.3 Billion in the bank)

Is there any question that mobys are trying to get conservatives to stay at home on election day by posting that drivel? If you want real conservatism to advance the best and most obvious way is to get Harry Reid out of his position as senate majority leader.
Don’t listen to this cr@p, real conservatives don’t want the country to burn.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Don’t listen to this cr@p, real conservatives don’t want the country to burn.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Yes, some days I think there are more mobys here than not.

slickwillie2001 on August 13, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Thanks for Obama.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Two things, oh ignorant one…

You got Obama elected by putting up a progressive against him. I merely refused to vote for either progressive. I wouldn’t like the ACA if it were called Romneycare anymore than I like it as Obamacare.

You never visited my site when it was up, and you’re are confusing it with Fauxnews.com. Since you are ignorant on this subject, you would best served to stay silent rather than advertise your lack of knowledge. I’ve left the link just so idiots would point it out in “defense” of their ad hominem attacks. Attack the messenger, while putting up weak “electable” candidates such as liberal McCain and liberal Romney.

I, and many others like me, have vowed never to vote for a democrat, even if they have (R) after their name.

You continue to support the party, in opposition to their stated principles. Why vote for a GOP candidate who doesn’t support the GOP platform? What does that accomplish?

We gave them all both houses of the congress, as well as the executive, when Dubya was elected. What did they do? They grew government, increased spending, and acted just like the democrats.

Enough is enough, and enough is too much.

Keep putting up squish, and you’ll keep getting squashed. Your way hasn’t worked for 20 years (remember Dole?). So, I’m now doing it my way.

Wino on August 13, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Yes, some days I think there are more mobys here than not.

slickwillie2001 on August 13, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I think it’s a few Mobys with a bunch of socks. Do me a favor and click on Winos name to verify that it’s “fauxnews” before he changes it

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 8:48 PM

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 8:35 PM

A lot of those on here, especially the people who push for purists like Palin. In other news, Palin is the only Republican that would lose Alaska to Hillary out of the candidates named, and she comes in 6th place in a hypothetical primary (behind Cruz, Rand Paul, Huckabee, Christie, and Jeb)

GOPRanknFile on August 13, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Ann Coulter has become a RINO and should be ignored. Anyone who thought that we should have voted for Chris Christie for Pres needs to be shunned!

flytier on August 13, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Boehner isn’t a “crap-ass” Republican?
Ann, If Boehner doesn’t qualify as “crap-ass” who does?

Conservatives and TEA Party folks delivered the 2010 wave election putting Boehner in the Speaker’s chair. He’s hated us and wished us gone ever since. Now it’s time to give him his wish and be elsewhere on election night.

RJL on August 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Wino on August 13, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Two things, oh ignorant one…

Awesome. You have the BS rhetoric right down.

Umm, no, I just visited it thorough the internet archive and it’s typical hard left lunacy.

be sure to visit our friends and buy your favorite bumper stickers at:

I posted the link, I HIGHLY encourage people to click on it. You are a liar and you are busted.

See folks, see how this Moby stays on message. Thanks for confirming it’s yours, guess you didn’t know about the archives. Do you ever just sit back with a big grin and think: Man, they make it so easy! They were born to be rolled!

Just reading the stuff at gwbbush… Pretty sick. It’s fantastic how seamlessly you post this trucon stuff here, it’s exactly what I needed to remind people what we are up against.

To keep your filthy, lying, grasping America killing socialist hands out of power long enough to reform our party.

According to your website, start random wars because he was chimpy mchitler-burton, you stupid clown.

They grew government, increased spending, and acted just like the democrats.

You recite your talking points beautifully. They had a 2 front war, meanwhile Obama has doubled the debt.

You are a busted, lying moby, trolling conservative websites to keep democrats in power and you have plenty of company here.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I will never vote for a crap-ass Republican as she calls them. That is why I have never voted for Don Young, and did not vote for Lisa Murkowski. I voted for Joe Miller.

J.B. Say on August 13, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Moby sockpuppet

Now:

Good stuff, right? Outrageously outrageous! From his website, shortly after the supreme court handed victory to Bush in
Bush v Gore:

It is with great respect for the history of the United States Supreme Court that I recommend, as editor of this site, that the five Republican justices who sought to implement their own political affiliation in a binding decision on this country should resign or be impeached. These justices are a true and pure disgrace to the history and prior decisions rendered by this great court. [...]

Gee, not so much a right wing kind of fellow after all. These things he is telling you are LIES and he is saying them to demoralize conservatives and to keep them at home to help elect democrats. He doesn’t believe this for instance:

Wow! Reading that one would think he’s a trucon, the real deal! Too bad the true reflection of hi9s beliefs is here, at his website:

We will return January 20, 2001 to provide people the absolute truth of how their future and their children’s future is being screwed by the bozo [Bush} and those radical right-wingers in Congress. So stay tuned and as a preview keep this in mind:

People, this site is full of Mobys trying to get angry conservatives (who have a right to be mad) to act in a way that is not only in their best interests but in a way that will injure the country. THAT’S NOT WHAT WE DO BECAUSE THAT’S NOT WHO WE ARE!
Here’s more from his site:

Our upcoming Secretary of State, Mr. Powell, opposed the gulf war. He did not see the need for us to get involved until Hussein hit Saudi Arabia. Now he is seen as a hero despite the fact that Hussein is still in power. It is going to be a rocky world out there for the next four years. Lets hope Joerg Haider (Austria’s Hitler in the making) does not get any more power with his Freedom party. Knowing Powell’s beliefs, he will wait for Haider (Hitler #2) to invade Britain before he takes any action. Sound familiar (World War I and II)?

He thinks we are compatible with Nazis.. yet he’s willing to pretend to be a conservative to post things to get you to toss your vote away or stay home. Please remember this.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Bravo to V7_Sport for exposing the Moby. Well done.

GOPRanknFile on August 13, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Mobys… You may take away a few fools… but are still going to lose this thing.
I’m talking to you Brock Robamney, Midas, AH_C,Monkeytoe, astonerii, Etc.. The usual suspect(s) who ALWAYS want to lose to the socialists.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Bravo to V7_Sport for exposing the Moby. Well done.

GOPRanknFile on August 13, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Thank you.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Mobys… You may take away a few fools… but are still going to lose this thing.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM

You are voting for corrupt crony capitalists.

Corrupt crony capitalist = socialists.

Reason much?

The corrupt gopE has to be destroyed. They are the enemy because they rather side with the socialists than get rid of the corruption.

Keep banging your head against the wall. Conservatives have been leaving the GOP since 2006. More conservatives leave every election.

The 2012 election was the final nail in the coffin that a moderate can’t win. Rather than admit the truth Henry Barbour and Jeb Bush’s dork Sally Bradshaw MADE UP the autopsy report.

Sorry, the corrupt Age of Bush is so O.V.E.R.

After Mississippi you have to be self hating and brain dead to vote gopE.

Jayrae on August 13, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Sad to see posters vilifying conservatives who are tired of being used and abused by the GOP. We have had enough of this b.s. Continuing to vote for these corrupt and greedy cowards is self-destructive. We aren’t trying to destroy the country, because the GOP is NOT the country. WE ARE and we are trying to save ourselves. I WILL NOT VOTE FOR A REPUBLICAN AGAIN. If it takes the total destruction of the GOP to set us on the right path again, then let it BURN.

blackgriffin on August 13, 2014 at 10:12 PM

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Meet filthy corrupt lobbyist Ed Gillespie

Gillespie met with the Manchester Union-Leader editorial board and…”said in no uncertain terms that the days of Reaganesque Republican railings against the expansion of federal government are over.” “Today’s Republican party stands for giving the American people whatever the latest polls say they want.… The people want expanded entitlement programs and a federal government that attends to their every desire, no matter how frivolous? Then that’s what the Republican Party wants too.”

From 2000 to 2007, in partnership with Jack Quinn — a former chief of staff to Vice President Al Gore — Gillespie ran one of the most successful lobbying firms in Washington, Quinn-Gillespie. During that period, the firm’s revenues more than doubled, from $7.6 million to $18 million.

The Uniparty on steroids! LOL

What’s the difference? And Y.O.U. are going to bust your butt to vote for more unconscionable Bush Mafia corruption!

How to you sleep at night selling your children into slavery while corrupt lobbyists who don’t care about the nation get richer?

Jayrae on August 13, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Learn who the enemy is.

In addition to Democrats, third party and mindless “vote them all out” sentiments are also enemy tactics.

Participate in the primaries vigorously, then vote “R” if you want to live.

Perspicacious on August 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM

astrowieney’ii,

Your only free now due to pest like me who kicked the shit out of the commies of China/Russia as they killed off millions of the useful fool N. Viets.

Not just a few, millions. The youtube posted by camfor on the Battle of Kae Shan ,,,, “the command center for the NVA/VC was thought to be located”, well ya see we did locate it, in fact my ROK Marine Eelectrical Eng’s did find the signals of the antenas, they got the Lat / Lon and we took a peek from a ridge line looking down into the valley full of Red Commies……

24 B-52′s, no more radio signals, no more anything……

Your burn your own house down, you quit, you go all dumb ass, fact is it would be better for many of us to read the daily koz blog and read the same shit from those piss ants, at least they admit they hate the U.S.A., you on the other hand want to set U.S. all on fire.

You need some of the “astro-lite” we used on the commies out in Laos. (it was the stuff used to light off the space rockets) fast way to rid the world of commies and thugs.

your sir are not worth a spit now or ever.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 13, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Jayrae

You are voting for corrupt crony capitalists.

Corrupt crony capitalist = socialists.

Reason much?

1) I’m not voting for crony capitalists. I’m voting for people who I can reason with and influence, not ones who will write me off as racist or a bitter gun clinger.
2) crony capitalism and socialism are different things.

Please. Spare me the hysterics. The socialists in question are the democrats and the tea party has shown themselves to be plenty comfortable siding with them to lose elections for the GOP.

Gee, thanks for the reign of Harry Reid and Barack Obama.Thanks for helping the socialists destroy the country. Conservatives don’t exist to cut their own throats.
So are you a moby, a sockpuppet or an idiot?

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Meet filthy corrupt lobbyist Ed Gillespie.

Right after you meet this guy..

…and these folks.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM

blackgriffin on August 13, 2014 at 10:12 PM

At this point and for the forceable future the choice is
1) The GOP, a mess but can be reformed and worked with.
2) The socialists who have done more damage to this country in the past 6-8 years than any event since the lives lost in Vietnam or the damage done in the Civil war.
That’s it. You can toss your vote away or do nothing but that’s still a choice for decline.
By “letting it burn” you are advocating turning over power to people who want to spend us into the stone age, churn our population for the sake of making the minorities the majority, deliver us bound to the islamists or Putin or anyone else who is willing to take us down a peg, teach our children that the USA is an historic oppressor instead of liberator and that as long as someone else is able to reap the rewards of working harder than someone else that our system is fundamentally unfair and needs to be replaced. By “letting it burn” you are letting the country burn and what springs up in it’s place will not be the product of minds like Jefferson, Madison, Washington or Hamilton.
Patriots don’t burn down their own country. Fools do.

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM

….so we are learning Politics is not as ethically grounded as we would like it to be…….
Just when did this happen?

FlaMurph on August 13, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Patriots don’t burn down their own country. Fools do.
V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Yawn. You berate and call anyone that doesn’t march to your beat traitors. Still waiting for a cogent reason why anyone should hold their nose and vote fir a republican again.

Tell us. Were the founding fathers patriots ot traitors?

A lot of good having a bunch of republicans to ram thru progressive dictats.

Like those cfl bulbs? You can thank Fred Upton (R) drving that thru with help from both sides of the aisle and with Dubyas blessing. Plenty of other examples of Rs screwing us and our children over for years to come.

You talk about Oboobie doubling the debt? That’s because he had Dubya show him when he doubled the debt first. Big difference between oboobie adding 7 trillion whereas the GOPe would have only added 5, maybe 6 trillion in the same time period?

You’re just a one note sock pocket for the GOPe. Maybe the more apt term would be “brownshirt”. You come out to smash heads in threads like this and haven’t a thot beyond that.

Suit yourself.

AH_C on August 14, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Amen, V7_Sport. Cutting your nose off to spite your face is futile. Gains made in the short run contribute to goals won in the long run. I see no difference between the ultra left and the ultra right. Both want to have no moderation, no cooperation, no one on this blog disagreeing with them, just everything their way-just one difference tho the dems won’t sit at home on voting day sucking their principles.

AReadyRepub on August 14, 2014 at 12:41 AM

AH_C on August 14, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Yawn. You berate and call anyone that doesn’t march to your beat traitors.

I don’t even think genuine rank and file democrats are traitors, they maybe misguided, selfish or foolish but they are voting for what they think will bring about the best for the country. They aren’t deliberately voting for or trying to bring about what they see as the worst as you have actually advocated for, or even the downfall of the republic.
What else do you call someone who enables someone like Harry Reid, who IMHO has done more harm to this country than even Obama, to stay in as head of the senate? Someone who deliberately got American troops killed by voting for a war and then doing his best to lose it for them by undercutting it at every turn, even declaring it lost when we had men in the field? In a better time he would have been dancing from a rope for that, now he’s majority leader in the senate. You are working to keep him there, moby.

If all else fails and the absolute honest truth is that it keeps even bigger garbage out. You can work with, threaten, bribe or beat a GOP representative into doing something close to the right thing for the country, you can’t with the democrats. They will write you off as racist or uneducated and religious or whatever and continue to give the product of your work to the people who they have convinced are your victims… then again I keep forgetting you are a moby. you want that.

Tell us. Were the founding fathers patriots ot traitors?

They didn’t advocate sitting on your rear and letting the country burn so I don’t see why you are trying to involve them in this. If you think what you are going to come up with to replace what they gave us will be anywhere near as good, well, you are delusional. If you think that you are the mental equivalent of a Jefferson or a Madison or that you can rally people like Washington then you are out of your mind. For the dozenth time, all you are doing is helping the socialists make a mess that better men will have to clean up.

That’s a great excuse for letting the republic burn. CFL bulbs. Actually no, it’s pathetic. Yes, there are plenty of examples of r’s screwing up but the undeniable fact is that when they don’t live up to their promises and principles is when you have to worry, when the democrats do is when you have a catastrophe. … Then again I keep forgetting you are a moby. You want that.

Yup, BDS and math impairment, typical donk. Bush did it! Bush did it! Bush isn’t running anymore, get over it.

We should have just blown them a kiss when they flew aircraft full of people into buildings full of people, right? Better save the money to socialize entire sectors of the economy and triple the baseline of government. Then again I keep forgetting you are a moby. You want that.

You’re just a one note sock pocket for the GOPe.

Sock puppet? I only have one account here and would be willing to have that verified by a mod. I wonder if you and the rest of these courageous “let the country burn” clowns would do the same.

Maybe the more apt term would be “brownshirt”.

That’s the second time a Moby called conservatives Nazis tonight. Maybe we should call you “brown diapers” because you are perpetually cr@pping yourself here to claim you are a victim of some establishment that couldn’t wet itself with a water pistol.

I think it’s pretty pathetic that supposed “conservatives” are willing to toss away their birthright and actually work toward ruining the country in collusion with the socialists because they are butthurt that they didn’t get everything they wanted out of the primaries. I think it’s pretty sad that there are some who are willing to give themselves over to the obvious, identical BS that you and that Moby troll I busted both recite right down to the comma.
I do have a thought or 2 beyond this, but the fact that you are still shoveling after the outright disaster these past 6 years have been tends to focus me.

V7_Sport on August 14, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Sad but true but Coulter is right.

Sherman1864 on August 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Then you’d better figure out a way to force people to vote for Republicans so you can save the republic ASAP.

Douchebag.

gryphon202 on August 14, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Personally, Levin’s ‘Liberty Amendments’ is not really an option any longer. All that will do is waste more time. Years ago, great idea; now? It presupposes, idiotically, imo, that the same people in DC who wipe their butts with the Constitution as it is will suddenly believe they should be restricted by *more* Constitutional paper.

Talk about delusional. Why? Why, if looking around enough to realize there’s a problem, would the answer be to put in place more of the same kind of thing that’s already being subverted to begin with?

I honestly don’t get it. Obama et al have already crossed how many lines in the sand? By all means, let’s draw another line – then another – then another; surely they’ll start behaving themselves in there somewhere, eh?

This is a raging fever that has proven itself immune to the aspirin that used to keep it in check. Dr. Levin’s solution? A baby aspirin.

Midas on August 13, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Don’t take offense, but I value Mark Levin’s opinion and insight higher than anyone here, including you. I’d bet my life that his finger is on a more accurate position of the pulse of this country than anyone here. I’ve read the posts of some here who think they are more intelligent than him or even go so far as to say he’s in bed with the Republican establishment and I literally facepalm myself.

I fully understand criticisms of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glen Beck, but Mark is in a whole different league when it comes to understanding what this country was founded on. Any conservatives who don’t see that, have really never listened to him closely. I’ve paid attention to him for at least 5 years now, and there’s a damn good reason why everyone else, including Rush, calls him “The Great One.”

Obviously, you don’t understand that the only action left that has any value of redeeming this country is an Article V convention.

Elections are only good anymore for slowing down the destruction because the current system in place denies true reformists en mass to get elected. The courts have been hijacked by progressives so it doesn’t even matter if we kick out the RINO’s and replace them with constitutionalists. The people are so addicted to welfare that electing a constitutional President is difficult.

UnstChem on August 14, 2014 at 3:25 AM

I’m in my early 40′s yet it seems that many here older than me have forgotten the horrors of Communism and Naziism that we grew up with. I remember the movie ‘Night Crossing’ based on a true story. I was a Junior in high school when the Berlin Wall came down. I remember thinking how grateful I was for having grown up in Liberty and Freedom while feeling heartbroken for those who lived in the USSR, East Germany, Poland, and every other Communist country.

The idea that we can purge Congress of RINO’s by allowing the Dims to have full control for a decade or so ISN’T AN OPTION like it was even 10 years ago. The election and re-election of Obama changed that. Now that him, Pelosi, and Reid have gotten away with changing the power structure the way they have, if the Constitution isn’t strengthened, it matters not who is elected. The progressives taste the blood like never before, and we’ll be lucky if elections still take place on a national level before we have a chance to build a new party from the rubble of the GOP. If we in our angry indignation lose our tenuous representation in Congress, WE LOSE! There are no more chances. It’s over.

What’s really interesting, is that my religious beliefs tell me that when this country falls, the Second Coming of Christ isn’t far behind. So you’d think I’d have the good sense to welcome the fall of this country if it means I get to meet Jesus Christ sooner. Unfortunately for me, I have this foolish notion to keep up the fight even when the situation sucks. Sitting on the sidelines for a spell seems foolhardy.

UnstChem on August 14, 2014 at 3:32 AM

UnstChem on August 14, 2014 at 3:32 AM

Well, that’s because, ultimately, you are not a quitter. Anyone who has ever played sports knows that the worst possible thing you can do, is to quit and walk off the field. You might as well be dead, since you become not only irrelevant, but a total nothing.

cimbri on August 14, 2014 at 3:58 AM

MaiDee on August 13, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Cochran attending a Senate Democrat luncheon tells me where his loyalties lie

Brock Robamney on August 14, 2014 at 5:40 AM

Exactly. And speaking for myself, it’s not just about the GOP pandering to Latinos. It’s about elected Republicans following the diktats of the business lobby who want an engorged labor pool. I am tired of the cronyism. I’m not voting for it anymore.

Murf76 on August 14, 2014 at 7:25 AM

V7_Sport on August 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Fools keep supporting corrupt, cowardly elitists who lie to them and then betray them. The Republican Party is too far gone to save. I absolutely will not support them any longer. And destroying the GOP is NOT destroying the country. They ARE NOT the country. They’re a political party that no longer represents the people of this country. Continuing to support them and vilifying any American who will not is what’s going to destroy this country. Call me any name you want, I do not care. I know whether I care about what happens to my country and I have the sense and courage to know when to walk away.

blackgriffin on August 14, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Cochran attending a Senate Democrat luncheon tells me where his loyalties lie

Brock Robamney on August 14, 2014 at 5:40 AM

I thought it was your bosses over at organizing for America who tell you where your loyalties lie.

I am tired of the cronyism.

Murf76 on August 14, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Is this the new script? It keeps popping up when the other strawman burns:

You are voting for corrupt crony capitalists.

Corrupt crony capitalist = socialists.

Jayrae on August 13, 2014 at 9:54 PM

It’s a lot less seditious than “let it burn” but I don’t think it has legs. Conservatives don’t like cronyism but we do like capitalism, regardless, your target audience doesn’t want to parse terms on economic frameworks so that’s too cerebral. In order to get fools to cut their own throats you need do what you democrats do best: make them believe they are victims of some conspiracy and then give them a scapegoat to rally against. It’s a well trod path. Maybe you can combine the old scapegoat and the new one and tell people that the “GOPe”(TM) is actually the illuminati or the Jooos.

V7_Sport on August 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM

V7_Sport on August 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM

There is nothing “seditious” about saying “let it burn” about the Republican Party. And who the h*ll said anything about a conspiracy? Talk about straw man arguments. The GOP is corrupt and useless. That’s not tin-foil hat talking, it’s a true statement based on reality or haven’t you been paying attention to what they’ve been doing and saying for the last ten years?. I’ve had enough of their corruption and deception, just as I did with the Dems. Voting just to vote is complete foolishness. It does nothing but more firmly entrench the GOP’s corruption. They have no reason to change if we’re all still checking their boxes every election cycle regardless of their latest betrayals and open contempt for us. I do not understand why anyone would continue to support them. I haven’t read one logical argument to support this thinking. It’s past time for conservative Americans to give them the boot and make our own party, but everyone is too timid and doomsaying to even try. I’m grateful that our founders weren’t so timid when boldness and vision were needed to create this country we all love.

blackgriffin on August 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM

blackgriffin on August 14, 2014 at 12:37 PM

My political strategy has been to support the most conservative, electable candidate and work to hold them accountable. We haven’t been doing that.

The democrats are going to love that because that’s the only other viable alternative.. Why is it that you wont vote for the most conservative electable candidate and then WORK to hold them accountable? Are you afraid of work? If so you aren’t a conservative. Is this the only place you feel comfortable making your opinion known? If so you need to cowboy up and make yourself heard.

And destroying the GOP is NOT destroying the country.

What will stop the socialist onslaught? When you have one side who is highly motivated to do great harm and the other side standing down because everything isn’t perfect who is going to have their way to what result? What, EXACTLY is your alternative?

No, they are the last, best obstacle to be put in the way between the people who want to destroy the republic and the republic itself. They can be made to be much better. The right has ceded the schools, the press, the entertainment, higher education and pretty much every other opinion shaping endeavor to the left, now you want to abandon the political because it’s hard? What’s left? What will it take to get you to push back on something that is actually difficult to push back on instead of just shrugging and walking away?

The alternative is deliberately handing over power to people who think that this country is the problem and that needs to be fundamentally transformed into something that any conservative and I would detest. Yes, this is the USA we are talking about and that’s what is going to burn if we just “let it burn”.
This country can still be saved. It must be. It’s our obligation. Walking away from that responsibility because it’s hard and we didn’t get everything we wanted is a crime against our ancestors and our future.

So courage = walking away from the fight. That’s a rationalization, a lame one. Look, if you don’t want to get involved or work to help the country or give your opinion the weight of your actions that’s your business, Just don’t insult other peoples intelligence by expecting them to think it’s courageous. You are cr@pping out and giving up on the republic because maintaining it is hard and there are bad actors out their who want to destroy it.. It’s been that way since it’s inception and a lot of better men and women have given up their lives to give you the best that they could. If you cant leave better you ought to try for at least as good instead of letting it all go to s#!t which is your solution to doing something difficult.
Walking away from your responsibilities to the country isn’t courageous and I’m not going to pretend that it is.

V7_Sport on August 14, 2014 at 1:13 PM

blackgriffin on August 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Letting it burn means turning power over to the democrats to let them rape the country to teach the public a lesson. It’s like teaching your daughter about chastity by shoving her into a biker bar. It’s that kind of wrong and that kind of evil.

And who the h*ll said anything about a conspiracy?

This site is infested with Mobys who want you to throw away your vote to help elect democrats, they spout the same stuff that you are saying. I just busted one upthread.

The GOP is corrupt and useless. That’s not tin-foil hat talking,

So what’s the alternative? Reforming it or abandoning the country to the socialists?

it’s a true statement based on reality…

It’s hyperbole based on butthurt and rationalization.

Voting just to vote is complete foolishness.

Good thing people died for that right.

It does nothing but more firmly entrench the GOP’s corruption.

Staying at home and whining on the web ought to really reform it or something.

I haven’t read one logical argument to support this thinking.

You are seeing what you want to see.

The Canadians and Australians did it.. and it ensured decades of liberal rule. If you divorce conservatives from the GOP both will wither and die. If they work together they are the best hope for the country.

If you lived it you wouldn’t be so willing to turn it over to the people who are running it ow.

V7_Sport on August 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Voting for the gop will not fix the gop.

The GOP does not want to be fixed. The GOP does not want or need my vote. The GOP has openly stated that I am not desired in the party.

Be careful what you ask for.

I will NOT vote for the GOP. I will not vote at all this November.

fossten on August 14, 2014 at 2:49 PM

V7, I hear what you are saying with your chosen strategy: elect the most conservative candidates possible and hold them accountable.

I’ve watched places like Arizona and Alaska vote in complete democrat lite politicians under the R label. So, no progress there.

And what about those electable conservatives like Rubio, Ayotte, et al. that were elected as conservatives but immediately turned?
They’re not going to ward off the Socialists no matter how hard you work to hold them accountable.

Then we actually do get a few good ones in: Cruz, Paul, Gowdy, Issa… How effective have they been at the tasks they’ve been given? Anyone been held accountable for using the IRS as a weapon? Any progress on Benghazi? Have those few been able to turn the Bohner’s and Mcconnels and Paul Ryans around?

I have been on the same thought plane you have; keep electing more conservatives and things will get better someday, maybe. But what has that done for us? How many more election cycles do you think we have where that strategy will even work?

If the GOP passes or crosses the aisle on Amnesty, we’re done. And they want to. None of them are going to do a thing about Social Security, Medicare or other entitlements, thus the welfare state (and it’s Democrat voters) will continue to grow unabated. Liberal bureaucrats will keep trying to cheat the vote by using the IRS, or any other agencies however they can to suppress votes. Even if you get caught, there’s no disincentive. And of course no politician will touch term limits or voter ID. So the Dems still have the dead voting for them and we still get our crappy congresscritters that live their lives in the DC bubble.

Your strategy might work, if we had eons to replace three or four elites with conservatives each cycle. But frankly, we don;t have that time. Please respond.

Free Indeed on August 14, 2014 at 3:02 PM

V7_Sport on August 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Refusing to be the GOP’s doormat if they decide to go ahead and sell-out on immigration won’t make me a Democrat. The bottom line here is that I’ve voted for the last amnesty-lovin’ Republican I’m ever going to vote for. And if they think I’m bluffing… they’re wrong.

Immigration isn’t just another issue. It’s THE issue… the one that changes everything.

Murf76 on August 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Brownback loves Sebelius? The same Brownback who’s being supported by Kansas conservatives and being abandoned by Republican moderates? You do realize that Sebelius is campaigning for Brownback’s opponent, Paul Davis, right?

And Roberts? That’s interesting, especially since Sebelius was considering running against him.

GOPRanknFile on August 13, 2014 at 2:21 PM

They both voted to confirm her for HHS Secretary. Roberts and Sebelius are old family friends.

cptacek on August 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM