Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on August 10, 2014 by Allahpundit

“We have striking evidence obtained from Yazidis fleeing Sinjar and some who escaped death, and also crime scene images that show indisputably that the gangs of the Islamic States have executed at least 500 Yazidis after seizing Sinjar,” Sudani said in a telephone interview, in his first remarks to the media on the issue…

Some of the victims, including women and children were buried alive in scattered mass graves in and around Sinjar,” Sudani said…

“The terrorist Islamic State has also taken at least 300 Yazidi women as slaves and locked some of them inside a police station in Sinjar and transferred others to the town of Tal Afar. We are afraid they will take them outside the country.”

***

U.S military forces continued to attack Islamic terrorists in northern Iraq on Sunday, successfully conducting several airstrikes from a mix of manned fighter jets and drones to defend Kurdish forces near Irbil, according to the United States Central Command, or CentCom.

A CentCom release said that at approximately 2:15 a.m. ET, “U.S. aircraft struck and destroyed an (Islamic State of al-Sham and Iraq, or ISIS) armed truck that was firing on Kurdish forces located in the approaches to Irbil.”

Several more armed trucks and mortar positions were destroyed in the subsequent five hours, military officials said.

***

President Barack Obama’s war in Iraq just got more ambitious.

Speaking to reporters before departing for a two week vacation with his family on Martha’s Vineyard, President Obama said the U.S. had to make sure the Islamic State “is not engaging in actions that could cripple a country.”…

No wonder the president said the new military campaign would last months and not weeks.

All of these goals are fine as they are, but they go way beyond the mission Obama spelled out on Friday in a formal notification to Congress that he was launching air strikes inside of Iraq.

***

Buoyed by U.S. airstrikes the previous day, Kurdish pesh merga fighters said they pushed back an attempt by the extremists to overrun one of their artillery positions on the northern edge of the dust-blown town of Makhmour, south of Irbil. Makhmour was seized by Islamic State fighters Thursday.

At the same time, however, commanders said Islamic State fighters had begun to return to positions that U.S. airstrikes had forced them to flee — a reminder that the so-far limited intervention may represent only the beginning of what President Obama warned Saturday could be a long campaign. Hours later, the U.S. military announced it had carried out four more airstrikes, in the Sinjar area farther west…

[T]here was little indication the airstrikes had done much more than slow the militant blitz through Iraq and Syria, where Islamic State forces now govern a vast swath of territory in the name of their self-proclaimed caliphate…

Unless the pesh merga are able to make advances, “it would seem likely that further [Islamic State] progress or escalated U.S. airstrikes are the only eventualities,” said Charles Lister of the Brookings Doha Center in Qatar. “Airstrikes by themselves can only ever represent a potential temporary fix against a force like the Islamic State.”

***

U.S. spy agencies have begun to see groups of fighters abandoning al-Qaeda affiliates in Yemen and Africa to join the rival Islamist organization that has seized territory in Iraq and Syria and been targeted in American airstrikes, U.S. officials said…

Counterterrorism analysts at the CIA and other agencies have so far seen no indication that an entire al-Qaeda node or any of its senior leaders are prepared to switch sides. But officials said they have begun watching for signs of such a development.

The launching of U.S. airstrikes has raised new questions, including whether the bombings will hurt the Islamic State’s ability to draw recruits or elevate its status among jihadists. “Does that increase the spigot or close it?” said a senior U.S. counterterrorism official, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity and noted that U.S. military operations in Afghanistan and elsewhere have crippled al-Qaeda but also served as rallying cries against the United States…

“It’s not to the point where it’s causing splintering within the affiliates,” said the senior U.S. counterterrorism official. But the defections have accelerated in recent months, officials said, and also involve fighters from groups in Libya and elsewhere that are not formally part of al-Qaeda.

***

The likely increased terrorist threat in the West that will arise in the coming weeks and months from U.S. air strikes in Iraq should be weighed against the risks of letting ISIS grow unchecked.

If ISIS is able to consolidate its territorial gains, it could set up training camps to rival any run by al Qaeda in Afghanistan before 9/11. Though its focus may be in Iraq and Syria for now, its viscerally anti-Western ideology means it would be foolish to discount it as a major potential future threat.

Though the unfolding humanitarian crisis in Iraq may have left the Obama administration little choice but to act, the concern is the limited US aerial campaign has now stirred the hornet’s nest without doing anything to decisively degrade ISIS.

And there could be one other unintended consequence. A rally-round-the-flag effect may now strengthen the ISIS position in the global jihadist movement, leading to even higher levels of fundraising and recruitment.

***

Analysts and U.S. officials estimate ISIS has as many as 10,000 fighters in Iraq and Syria, including those who were freed from prisons by ISIS and Sunni loyalists who have joined the fight as the group advanced.

But that number likely doesn’t include these latest recruits, mostly young men between the ages of 16 and 25 who are primarily poor, unemployed and lack an education, the two Iraqi senior defense officials told CNN…

“Once they are in, (ISIS) gives them cars to drive, guns, cell phones and cash money,” said one man, who lives in Mosul and has direct knowledge of ISIS recruit efforts.

In Mosul, for example, ISIS recruiting efforts appear to begin at information centers that have been set up around the city.

***

Chris Turpen of Chandler, Arizona, a 45-year-old architectural project manager, also sees a U.S. responsibility to Iraq. That troubles him.

“Once you break it, you own it. But it’s a war that will never be won,” Turpen said.

The Islamic State fighters are fanatics who “will never go away,” he said. “Don’t get me wrong, we should kill every one of them, but we’ll never get there. These are people that just hate America.”

He thinks that Obama “had to go back in.” The president has promised not to send ground troops, but Turpen would not mind if that happened.

“It’s a classic example of choosing the wrong that’s more right,” he said.

***

“The failure to help build up a credible fighting force of the people who were the originators of the protests against Assad—there were Islamists, there were secularists, there was everything in the middle—the failure to do that left a big vacuum, which the jihadists have now filled,” [Hillary] Clinton said…

“You know, when you’re down on yourself, and when you are hunkering down and pulling back, you’re not going to make any better decisions than when you were aggressively, belligerently putting yourself forward,” she said. “One issue is that we don’t even tell our own story very well these days.”

I responded by saying that I thought that “defeating fascism and communism is a pretty big deal.” In other words, that the U.S., on balance, has done a good job of advancing the cause of freedom.

Clinton responded to this idea with great enthusiasm: “That’s how I feel! Maybe this is old-fashioned.” And then she seemed to signal that, yes, indeed, she’s planning to run for president. “Okay, I feel that this might be an old-fashioned idea, but I’m about to find out, in more ways than one.”

***

Lindsey Graham on Sunday said that President Obama ordered airstrikes on ISIS targets in Iraq in order to “avoid a bad news story.” The strikes, he argued, will not prevent the jihadist group from tightening its grip over the country or from plotting attacks on the U.S.

***

Via the Corner.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM

It’s almost a year….

My daughter has graduated from college and is learning what interviews are…..

Electrongod on August 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Is True Confession with Carole Lombard and Fred McMurray worth watching?

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Sounds like chick movie.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Why didn’t you just say “Wow..just wow…”, like you did to me, eh?

Oh, I’m sorry…just a sec.

5 REM “Dedicated to Binmcorp…I Hope you Altzheimer Meds Kick in Soon! Love Blax!”

10 CLS

20 Print ” HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA……”

30 REM :breath:

40 GOTO 20

Not everyone is as much a naive wimp as you when it comes to dealiong with Islam.

bimmcorp on August 10, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Wow, I get a “Naive Wimp” on the Internet? OoOOoOoooo, scary!

Cripes, what kind of meds do they feed you at the Asylum these days?

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

“We have striking evidence obtained from Yazidis fleeing Sinjar ……… ……….. others to the town of Tal Afar. We are afraid they will take them outside the country.”

And these slimy MF’ers call US the great satan? What needs to be drilled into their stupid, lowest-IQ-on-the-planet heads that they are the ones doing satan’s bidding.

Really? AND THE LEFT DEFENDS THIS?????

Death to all leftists. NOW.

Diluculo on August 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Oh, ok then. Two completely different personas. Very well done.

gh on August 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM

All I play now is finger style solo pieces. Not in vogue, but it makes me happy. You seem a tad down lately. Everything okay?

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Wait for Newtie to come back. She’ll know. LOL

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM

It starts in five minutes…

Sounds like chick movie.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM

The ol’ lady wants me to watch it…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM

The ol’ lady wants me to watch it…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Then I guess you’ll have to.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Good evening, CoffeeLover. :) I hope you and yours are well. I’m glad you saw the super moon. It’s gorgeous, our heavenly companion.

I’m distressed, to be candid with you, my friend, to see people on this thread suggesting the wholesale annihilation of millions of human beings, including the innocent, the children, women, the aged, the infirm.

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

A friend once asked if I would ever return to Viet Nam. I answered “Only if they strap a B-52 to my ass and load the belly with W40 dial-a-yields.”
Now, I imagine there are some Iraq vets who feel the same way.

partsnlabor on August 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Diluculo on August 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

How’re you doing tonight? Better?

gh on August 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Oh, ok then. Two completely different personas. Very well done.

gh on August 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Bah, dude makes Sybil look like a one track mind.

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM

This is what you were refering to, gh.

wolly4321 on August 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM

ROTFLMAO… Sorry… Rear Wheel Bearing… I never make fun of anyones guitar playing, though I have on occasion been known to make fun of whether or not an individual CAN play guitar. <— Insert evil laughter here…

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Don’t feel alone…just did the Front Wheel Bearings on my car.

No air tools either…just hand tools, a lump hammer and A LOT of sweat, skinned knuckles and basic mechanical skill…thank you Lord, for Youtube postings….

Only thing worse was changing the fuel tank and lines in winter…damned near got frostbite that go-round.

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Obama: Extremist Ideology That’s Taken Over The GOP And Balkanization Of The Media Has Blocked My Agenda

Read the whole thing. Either he’s delusional, a flat our liar, incredibly misled by his own inner circle, or all of the above.

This is the ultimate coming from the most partisan President this nation has seen in at least the last 100 years.

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 9:45 PM

That is so rich. In an interview “last week”, King Deuce is squawking about the GOP (yeah, those hard core mofos), when he might, should be, more concerned with a couple other issues. Oh, and as for his “vagenda”, seems like all is going as planned.

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM

FWIW, Liberal Henry Fonda’s best friend in Hollywood was Conservative Jimmy Stewart. Their children all tell stories about their hobby of RC Modeling together. Evidently, they built their planes together and would only exchange words when it was necessary to find a part, needed help or was ready to call some assembly finished. Not because they didn’t like talking, but their love of RC modeling was pretty intense.

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I not only suggest, but promote the deaths of those who would do what ISIS is doing and of those who support what they, and the likes of hamas do. Namely, leftist progressive scumbags that want all us non lemmings dead.

I see it as a war. It’s going to come to blood soon, and they.will.lose.

When it does happen, I’ve got a lot of pent up fury and frustration to let loose on the fascists too, it’s going to be a very bad day for them.

Diluculo on August 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

For All We Know – Chet Baker

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:04 PM

wolly4321 on August 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM

No. I already told you. It was worse. I had a hard time making the decision to click on your link, BTW.

gh on August 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Diluculo on August 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Read up thread. Then get back to me, Dil.

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM

How’re you doing tonight? Better?

gh on August 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Howdy, yes and no. There are ups, downs, confusion, anger. The gamut I guess.

As long as you good folk can excuse a modicum of venting on my part I think I can loose enough steam to get by.

I sure wish I had more answers though.

Thank you for thinking of me and mine, I do appreciate it :-)

Diluculo on August 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I can be a tougher addiction to beat than heroin.

cozmo on August 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Wow, the moon is just starting to rise here can see it through the tree branches, very cool…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

More or less…

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Ramona. Uggghh. (sorry, I hate your weather)

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Our weather can be a bit extreme for Insane Diego County, Hot in the summer, cold in the Winter. We are a quarter of the way up Mount Laguna (1500 feet elevation). On the other hand, from November to June our weather clocks in at nearly perfect during the day, rarely dropping below 65 and rarely above 74. It’s snowed here five times in the 13 years I have been here, always after sundown. Plus we get more rain than down the hill.

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Diluculo on August 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM

My mother was bipolar … and my brother still is. Not the same thing of course. My father spent 30 years taking care of my mother.

gh on August 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM

It’s Carole Lombard night on TCM. I’s love to go on one of their cruises. It would be great fun.

cat_owner on August 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2014 at 10:02 P

Good evening, Arnold. :)

Even after these last six or seven years of hearing the most absurd allegations, excuses, and statements from this President, I was astonished by the gall, the hubris, the rank partisanship,the outright lies, expressed in this statement.

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:10 PM

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

It’s a pretty place, I just couldn’t live with your summer weather. How far are you from Julian, I forgot?

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:11 PM

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Back in those days Hollywood had a lot of conservatives. Too bad it’s at least 90% leftist now.

cat_owner on August 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Blues Nightmare – Robillard

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Sounds like my Granddad and my Father…except with rifles and such.

A lot of times, talking is overrated, especially in something that’s supposed to RELAX you.

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Electrongod on August 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Amazing how fast time goes now! Yes, I’m sure she’s learning. Good luck to her.

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM

OC

Guess you are gone for a bit then sir. The Mrs. wants to spend some time with you. Get a beer and some popcorn. Whatever the movie is, you’ll be fine :)

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:13 PM

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Dooset daram Ms. Jackie. Can’t figure out how to say “your spirit”, so I just used the easy statement. I am getting rusty.

If you google always put meaning in the search.

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:14 PM

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Just you wait, Jackie…still got another 2 years to go.

And as 2012 shows, we have NO guarantee that 2016 won’t be another 4 years of the same. Especially when you have vain children voting against common sense.

Trying to stay hopeful, but it isn’t easy sometimes.

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Nope, I am here. I’m watching from the living room and she from the bedroom. We still discuss scenes back and forth…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Good evening, HonestLib. :) It’s a pleasure to see you. I hope you and yours are well.

That’s very kind of you, my friend. I return the sentiment. :)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:17 PM

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I can be a tougher addiction to beat than heroin.

cozmo on August 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Still love it.

cat_owner on August 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM
BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM

:-)

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Trying to stay hopeful, but it isn’t easy sometimes.

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM

I’m right there with you, my friend. :)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Don’t think I’ve ever seen Fred McMurray with a ‘stache…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I’ve learned to attempt a balance. Looking at nature provides that outlet along with long walks :)

Although I do understand where you are coming from and my heart hurts for all the pain and suffering people are suffering, we are facing evil because our “leaders” refused to do what was necessary over the last 10+ years.

Nation building, playing nice and ridiculous ROE have no place in War. I fear for our country first and the world afterwards. I hope I’m wrong but I see another major war in our future.

God help us all.

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Yeah, and I don’t like it much. He was one of my favorite actors. I loved him in My Three Sons. He reminded me a lot of my own dad.

McMurray was good in Double Indemnity. It was one role where he played a bad character.

cat_owner on August 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM

cat_owner on August 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I really liked him as the bad guy in that movie…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Wow, I get a “Naive Wimp” on the Internet? OoOOoOoooo, scary!

Cripes, what kind of meds do they feed you at the Asylum these days?

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

You’re not naive or wimp, in fact you are pretty cool. I just think feelings are running pretty hot against them nice butt bombing, head slicing, stoning fellas.

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Now that has me laughing OC. Um, how long have you two been married?

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

cat_owner on August 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM

He was pretty good at that. I’m thinking of the character he played in The Apartment.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM

To tell you the truth, I’ve never given a rats ass what is in vogue as far as guitar playing is concerned. I love passionate well played guitar, be it Paco de Lucía, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Via, or some guy down the street who nobody has ever heard of. The style is no where near as important as the passion and love of playing.

As to me personally, finances have been killing me, I’m trying to go back to college to pick up some new job skills and to more of an extent than I care to admit, things that I have been reading online from supposed Conservatives are leaving me feeling disheartened.

But other than that, I’m actually doing ok.

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Just went out to look at the gorgeous moon…but was strafed by two rather large bats! Hope they enjoy it tonight too!

The Moon Over Georgia

Brat on August 10, 2014 at 10:24 PM

I swear, some days I think the guy is using Lead-based tanning cream…

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Re Biden: Now that was funny!

onlineanalyst on August 10, 2014 at 10:24 PM

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Sounds like my love life. Geez, where is my roll of paper towels?

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:11 PM

21 deliciously twisty turny curvy miles… <— Insert maniacal laughter here from the guy who just sold his Corvette and still owns a BMW 328i…

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:22 PM

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I read that both McMurray and Barbara Stanwyck were nervous about playing such immoral and evil characters. They thought it might hurt their careers, but they didn’t need to be concerned.

I’ve seen that movie about 5 times and always enjoy it. They were both great in their roles.

cat_owner on August 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Even a soft, tender, sweetheart like me was surprised.

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Off and on for thirty something years…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Now that has me laughing OC. Um, how long have you two been married?

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Oh man, should have read your post before my dumb post.

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:29 PM

The failure to help build up a credible fighting force of the people
who were the originators of the protests against Assad—there were
Islamists, there were secularists, there was everything in the
middle—the failure to do that left a big vacuum, which the jihadists
have now filled,
” Clinton said in the interview.

“One of the reasons why I worry about what’s happening in the Middle
East right now is because of the breakout capacity of jihadist groups
that can affect Europe, can affect the United States,” Clinton said in
the interview. “Jihadist groups are governing territory. They will never
stay there, though. They are driven to expand. Their raison d’être is
to be against the West, against the Crusaders, against the
fill-in-the-blank—and we all fit into one of these categories. How do we
try to contain that? I’m thinking a lot about containment, deterrence,
and defeat.”

This is why libfree is pulling for Fauxcahontus now.

What say you, coolnonpartistain?

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM

It must be cloudy here. I can’t see the moon at all.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Off and on for thirty something years…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Another 20 years and the two of you will be eligible for Congressional Medals of Honor… <— Insert evil never been married laughter here…

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:32 PM

It must be cloudy here. I can’t see the moon at all.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM

You must not live close enough to cozmo… /rimshot…

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

TY for that Arnold: I was born with a pretty thick hide, so comments like that don’t mean much.

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM

You must not live close enough to cozmo… /rimshot…

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Wherever he lives I’m sure it isn’t close to me at all.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:34 PM

This is why libfree is pulling for Fauxcahontus now.

What say you, coolnonpartistain?

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM

You are high on my list of folks to respect…but did you just type “pulling and Libby” in the same sentence? Geez HawkDude I am sober. Chuckle!

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:36 PM

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Who has the cats?

onlineanalyst on August 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Re Biden: Now that was funny!

onlineanalyst on August 10, 2014 at 10:24 PM

:o) Sadly, I wish it wasn’t TOO close to reality…as bad as Obama is, you wanna REALLY be in a cold sweat, try picturing Biden in a game of wits against a guy like Putin….

Hell, I get the shakes picturing him standing up to the damn French…no disrespect to my Parisian friends… ;O)

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Made me laugh. A highbrow red wine drinking laugh.

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:38 PM

no disrespect to my Parisian friends… ;O)

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Meh… You didn’t throw a bar of deodorant at the French, so they probably won’t take offense. <— Insert evil cackling laughter here…

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Carole Lombard was only 33 when she died.

cat_owner on August 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:34 PM

One of our kids had quite an accomplishment this weekend. Wish I could share, but I have spread a lot of digital dust around here, heck we all do, and if I told you….it would be easy to figure out who we are. So proud of the kid.

But, I am starting to wonder if I am the dad. Pfttt, to late for that now.

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM

cat_owner on August 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM

I read a book called Hollywood Lezbians that the ol’ lady had a few years back. Barbara Stanwyck, Agnes Moorehead, Ma Kettle, Nancy Culp were some of the prominent ones, and I forgot who else…
I’m surprised Stanwyck wasn’t more concerned about that…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Hi

SpongePuppy on August 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM

I wrote a long, detailed response to you CoffeeLover, but I can sum it up in saying I don’t think, outside the possibility of the same kinds of terrorist attacks here at home we’ve been experiencing, that the war raging in the Middle East will spill out of that region.

The Sunnis and the Shiites are going to war. Other nations, surrounding the epicenter of this war are alarmed, and taking stock, of what is transpiring and shaping up in Iraq and Syria. The Turks have made overtures to the Kurds and the Syrians to form an alliance. This is historical in it’s scope and import.

The nations surrounding ISIS have very good reason, more every day, to contain them and eventually defeat and dismantle them.

Russia has reason to wish to see ISIS stopped where they are and to see Turkey remain untouched. It sits just across the Black Sea from Crimea and to the east of Crimea are several nations with large Muslim populations…like Chechnya.

The Saudi’s have reason to wish to see ISIS fail. The Wahabi are another sect. The royal family has no wish to see Saudi Arabia ignite in sectarian warfare.

These, to name only a few, of the interests that are not served if ISIS is successful or if that war is not contained to the region it currently occupies.

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM

gh on August 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Good God. I could not do it for 30 years.

It’s looking like my wife can come home Friday….maybe. She still can’t walk, she SAYS she can transfer to a wheelchair (or commode chair), which is fine. BUT. She seems to have accelerated in the either pre-alzheimers or early dimentia department. Her memory sucks, she’s paranoid, and argumentative about the dumbest stuff, then re-covers the same argument within the hour.

Her mother had and died of alzheimers, so shes at risk of course. I wasn’t thinking that if it happened it would start so soon though. I take care of my son 24/7, I just can’t handle two full time 24/7′s. If I have to make a choice, and it will hurt, I will have to choose my son.

I dunno. Maybe it’ll work out, but I’m certainly not going to get my hopes up. I WILL try to not become unglued so easily though. Heh, maybe I’ll get and abuse a medical marijuana license….

Diluculo on August 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

But, I am starting to wonder if I am the dad. Pfttt, to late for that now.

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Congratulations. Probably chip off the old block.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Oh, and I don’t worry to much about a President Slow Joe Biden. He’s so damned stupid that America’s worst enemies would probably be scared to death ole Slow Joe will start a Nuclear war with them on accident while trying to change the Television Channel.

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Who has the cats?

onlineanalyst on August 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM

The dining room…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:40 PM

For some of them, I wouldn’t so much throw a bar of it at them, as much as I would wrap it in a towel and beat them about the head n shoulders with it.

Sorry…must be my wimpy side showing again.

BlaxPac on August 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Fred MacMurry with another mustache.

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:40 PM

That’s a still from the movie we are watching…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM

There’s a moon out tonight…

You don’t think that is why the moon-cult jihadis are going berserk (again!), do you?

onlineanalyst on August 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM

But, I am starting to wonder if I am the dad. Pfttt, to late for that now.

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM

ROTFLMAO… I have just the song for you.

oscarwilde on August 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Diluculo on August 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

As some of us have said before there are ways to get temporary caregivers. Anyone will tell you you can’t do this all the time and get away with it health wise.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM

It’s hard to see him topping that any time soon…except with another EO.

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM

It must be cloudy here. I can’t see the moon at all.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Must be? Are you inside or outside? Chuckle! Time for an intervention, I will be there in 12 hours and open the blinds. Might be sunny, but moon…sun…all look the same to me.

HonestLib on August 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM

The moon is still hiding behind trees here…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Barbara Stanwyk was a lesbian? I never knew that. I knew Culp was. Didn’t know about Moorehead either, but that doesn’t surprise me either. Stanwyk sure does though. Didn’t she have several affairs and marriages? Maybe she was bi?

cat_owner on August 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM

I’ve been doing it for my son for over 13 years now, but it was my choice to do it or continue doing what I was doing for a living and have some rotating set of idiots screwing my son up constantly. I have met good nurses here and there, but sadly there aren’t enough good ones to count on with regularity.

I’m due for a vacation I know, but I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that there is no vacation or retirement for me. Mine will be in my snazzy pine box. Even then though, I plan on coming back as a ghost and give whoever mistreats my son some serious whoopass.

Diluculo on August 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Jackie

Although I agree with everything you wrote….I am not hopeful.

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

There’s A Moon Out Tonight – Capris

Let’s go strolling. :)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Bad moon risin’?

onlineanalyst on August 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Stanwyk had 2 husbands but doesn’t mention children.

crankyoldlady on August 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I’m surprised Stanwyck wasn’t more concerned about that…

OmahaConservative on August 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM

WT Omaha? You mean Nancy Culp did not really want some of Jethro’s action? Next thing you’ll tell me is that Jim Nabors and Rock Hudson were tight.

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Diluculo on August 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Prayers continue for you and yours.

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM

CoffeeLover on August 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Stand fast, CoffeeLover. We have centuries of tradition on our side. :)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM

One Summer Night – The Danleers

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM

There’s A Moon Out Tonight – Capris

Let’s go strolling. :)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Very nice as usual. But after the walk, lets have a nice talk.

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Nancy Culp and Buddy Ebsen parted ways as friends when she ran for office and sought his endorsement. Buddy endorsed her opponent and made a public statement that she was too liberal.

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Fred MacMurry explains the Mustache.

hawkdriver on August 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Wow, is it me, or does he look a little like Pierce Brosnan with that ‘stache?

Side by Side