Open thread: Last chance to oust a Republican senator this year

posted at 6:41 pm on August 7, 2014 by Allahpundit

Yes, I realize it’s Thursday, not Tuesday. What can I tell you? Tennessee goes its own way when scheduling primaries.

The bad news: Grassroots conservatives are staring at an ohfer this year in the Senate if Lamar Alexander beats Joe Carr tonight. The good news: Even though they haven’t unseated anyone, they’ve made lots of incumbents sweat. Dave Weigel posted a list today comparing the margins of victory in the primary for Senate Republicans targeted by righties with their margins of victory the last time they ran. Some, like Thad Cochran and Pat Roberts, were unopposed last time; others, like Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham, had token opposition. They all finished with a smaller share of the vote this year than they did previously. In fact…

There are no more easy victories. Holding a seat nowadays means voting more conservative than you might like in the Senate and working hard on the trail to smother your challenger — and even then, as Mississippi proves, a runoff with lots of Democratic crossover votes might be necessary to rescue the incumbent. If Alexander wins tonight, take that as a comfort. The princes of the Senate no longer hold their seats as a matter of right.

Which brings us to Tennessee. What are the odds of Carr knocking off Alexander? Not great — the incumbent’s outspent the challenger five to one. Then again, Eric Cantor also outspent Dave Brat and got crushed thanks to an issue that’ll figure prominently in tonight’s race too, namely, immigration. Alexander was one of the 14 Republicans who voted for the Gang of Eight bill on comprehensive immigration reform last year. Carr’s been hammering him on that, as have Laura Ingraham (who campaigned for Brat against Cantor and campaigned recently for Carr) and the boss emeritus, who made the case against Alexander on Ingraham’s radio show earlier this week. There’s been almost no polling on the race so there’s no way to tell how close Carr is. The last one, taken more than a week ago, showed him within 12 points. According to Harry Enten of FiveThirtyEight, though, the tea leaves suggest that Alexander’s more ripe for an upset tonight that Pat Roberts was two days ago:

Republican incumbents also tend to do worse the more moderate they are, and Alexander is more moderate than Roberts. Per DW-Nominate’s first dimension, Alexander has the seventh most moderate record of any Republican senator in the 113th Congress. Although it’s on the more conservative end of defeated incumbents, Alexander’s score is within the range of other incumbent Republicans who have lost in primaries in the past decade…

Additionally, Republican incumbents tend to do worse when they’re seen as insiders, and Alexander is rated as more insider-y than Roberts. It was this measure on which Cantor looked most vulnerable. Per DW-Nominate’s second dimension, Alexander is ranked 12th among Republicans in the current Senate. Roberts comes in at 16th. Roberts’s score isn’t too far from Alexander’s, but it leaves Alexander in the more vulnerable position.

Finally, Republican incumbents have done better when they’re more firmly against immigration reform.

Alexander’s grade on immigration from NumbersUSA was a C+, the same as Thad Cochran, who barely survived his primary. And Cochran, for all his faults, voted no on the Gang of Eight bill. If amnesty’s going to take anyone down this cycle, it’s Alexander. (Er, right, Lindsey Graham?)

Tennessee is split between the eastern and central time zones so the polls close at different times. Part of the state will finish voting at 7 p.m. ET and the rest will finish at 8. You can follow results at RCP, Politico, or Ace’s Decision Desk. Here’s one of Alexander’s recent ads, in which he insists — no joke — that he voted against amnesty last year. He’s been arguing lately that what we have is de facto amnesty right now, ergo, voting for a terrible comprehensive bill that would have given illegals probationary legalization with no guarantees of better border enforcement was somehow a vote against amnesty. That’s how honest this guy is.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

is he using the Barbour tactics to appeal to Dems?

d1carter on August 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM

To paraphrase the man who Marched To The Sea, the more we depose this year, the fewer we have to depose next year.

formwiz on August 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Why are you saying he survived his primary? McDaniel’s next move is going to be to sue to overturn the election. Only once that plays out will Cochran be able to say he survived his primary.

Stoic Patriot on August 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Unless Lamar has come out for gay marriage, I believe there is a problem with the video….

d1carter on August 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM

I thought Louisiana holding primaries on Saturday was stupid but Thursday?

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Surprise, a thread on this. Cool!

Late news just coming out: word is out that Lamar Alexander who voted for the Rubio bill ran last minute deceptive TV ads claiming “last year I voted against amnesty.” What utter lying bs. Indeed, just now many conservative media outlets have called out Lamar for the incredible deception:

Here’s the actual ad on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdQPo0vwgmg

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Voted for Carr earlier today, and to throw out all the judges, even the one I know personally and like. Time to send a message.

Mini-14 on August 7, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I see the AP talked about the Alexander deceptive ad. So I just added a bit more too it. Just another link: http://www.lauraingraham.com/b/VOTE-JOE-CARR-TODAY./771864896453131225.html

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Lamar loses 47%-44%.. You heard it here first..

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Wasn’t that “last chance” last Tuesday?

Schadenfreude on August 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Stoic Patriot on August 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Nothing is going to happen to Cochran even though he is guilty as sin. Lawsuits take time and the clock is running out for anything to get resolved before “game day.” At most it will be like Al Franken’s election. Turns out he won by massive fraud but, six years later, he is still in office and apt to win a second term since Minnesotans are so Goddamned stupid.

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM

HotAir never once, until polls had nearly all closed on Election Day, reported on the conservative campaign to oust pro-amnesty Lamar. Pathetic.

Breitbart.com, which repeatedly covered the race, has emerged as a much better conservative news site.

Under attack for his amnesty support, pro-amnesty Lamar Alexander used his final ad before the primary voting began to lie to voters, claiming he voted to ‘end amnesty’ :

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Bad enough getting autoplay ad (yes I have all the ad blocks?), but it isn’t even the right one….

Barred on August 7, 2014 at 6:56 PM

It doesn’t matter to me. After the last two presidential buffoons, I’ve determined that I will only vote for someone who supports my views. Therefore, the GOPe never gets my vote again.

If we get another “electable” pseudoconservative as the GOP candidate, I’ll sit out yet again, just like I did with Romney. The last time I voted GOP on the federal level, it was when I voted for Palin for Vice President.

Certainly I hope that Carr wins this primary, but I’ve really stopped caring. Neither party seems to want the USA to survive, so why should I support either of them? It won’t matter when the second US revolution starts.

Wino on August 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM

That’s like obama saying “I’m a uniter”.

Schadenfreude on August 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM

ad>video

Barred on August 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM

HA doesn’t seem to be hitting on all cylinders lately….

d1carter on August 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Bump him TN!

Bmore on August 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Lamar loses 47%-44%.. You heard it here first..

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM

That would be enough to make me tune into Morning Jew tomorrow. I can hear Mika lamenting that a state that brought us Al Gore has so seriously regressed under the influence of tea.

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Btw the NumbersUSA grade on immigration, a C+ for Lamar, the same as Thad Cochran, has to be taken with two or three grains of salt. Because Lamar voted for Rubio’s amnesty bill. Cochran DID NOT vote for the Rubio bill. That should give Alexander an F straight off the bat (not an F-, if he did more bad stuff then he’d get that). Cochran should get a grade of whatever, I don’t know, some higher grade.

Now with Alexander running the last minute deceptive ad saying “I voted against amnesty,” that F should be an F triple minus: F – - -

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Lifers unite!

I said LIFERS UNITE!

Turn up yer godda….turn up your hearing aid already.

I said lifers unite!

Bishop on August 7, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Last chance to oust a Republican senator this year

No, there’s still November.

DickBurns on August 7, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Vote Joe Carr.
Retire Lamar!!!

If you don’t, be a harlot of Lamar.

Schadenfreude on August 7, 2014 at 7:12 PM

HA doesn’t seem to be hitting on all cylinders lately….

d1carter on August 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I’ve noticed that too. Editing seems to amount to just a spell check, for one thing. I’m not the spelling nazi type, just making an observation.

KCB on August 7, 2014 at 7:12 PM

No, there’s still November.

DickBurns on August 7, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Very true. Remember MS.

KCB on August 7, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Basically everytime I add a comment or hit refresh to see new comments, after about 40 seconds… an autoplay video ad starts playing. Makes me just want to forget about this thread. So then with video playing I got to scroll up and try to find it. Some of these autoplay ads run when I got a bunch of tabs open, and I can’t find it. Also sometimes I’m using my phone as a hotspot but that has a very limited data plan and the autoplay videos take a huge amount of my data. These autoplay video ads are almost as bad as Alexander running the ad saying “I voted for amnesty last year.”

Ok, now “Submit,” and sit back and wait for the video to start playing and for me to have to ferret it out and stop it.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Wasn’t even aware Lamar “Red Green” Alexander was still alive…

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2014 at 7:22 PM

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Use Firefox with Adblocker plus.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Lamar loses 47%-44%.. You heard it here first..

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I like your name Raquel so I’m going to agree with you..Carr for the win by 3….and Nomad, that was so damn funny. Bleached Brains swallows her tongue again. I’m tuning into Morning Jew tomorrow for old times sake.

gracie on August 7, 2014 at 7:23 PM

O/T:

Senator Walsh calls it quits in MT. What a shame/SARC Now I won’t be able to vote against him.

conservative hispanic on August 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Stoic Patriot

Because he has. The lawsuit, sadly, will go nowhere. They don’t overturn elections because your opponent was a meanie. The only chance he had was showing there were enough voters who illegally voted in both primaries to put the results in doubt. He didn’t do that, unfortunately. Now he’s heaving a hail Mary that has no chance of being caught.

DickBurns on August 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM

“Even though they haven’t unseated anyone, they’ve made lots of incumbents sweat.”

If you are investing more energy against incumbent Republicans than you are against Democrats, then you are working for the progressives.

Replacing every single incumbent Republican Senator would make zero difference without a majority. Had all these nutballs being run against incumbents this cycle won, then the Democrats would keep the Senate.

The Democrats are the problem.

crosspatch on August 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Very true. Remember MS.

KCB

Indeed.

DickBurns on August 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Autoplay video ads should be outlawed. I know I “lean libertarian.” Yeah, double emphasize the lean part of it.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM

A true scandal indeed. You should demand a full refund. In fact, you should ask for double what you paid for your subscription, to cover pain and suffering.

Oh, and thanks for telling us about Alexander’s lie, which was already referenced, along with an embedded video, in this very post.

RINO in Name Only on August 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM

The Democrats are the problem.
crosspatch on August 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Pro-amnesty Republicans like Lamarr Alexander are an even bigger problem.

Crosspatch, all you do is post comments attacking conservatives as “nutballs” for daring to challenge the establishment.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM

The Democrats are the problem.

The Republican establishment are the primary problem. The Democrats are the secondary problem. We’ll never defeat the Dems as long as the Repubs are enabling them.

crankyoldlady on August 7, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Good luck to Joe Carr!

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Use Firefox with Adblocker plus.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Thanks. I’ll give that a shot. I’m already using Firefox, so I just got to get Adblocker I guess. I’m not sure if I heard of any negative “side effects” of doing that. But another thing, I heard the browser Maxthon was supposed to be good at ad blocking and video blocking and auto-refresh blocking, but I haven’t tried that yet.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Tenn has had 2 weeks of early voting with record turnout. I doubt it was Lamar supporters running to the polls. I haven’t read any comments here about Alexander’s support for common core – his endorsement of Jeb Bush did not go over well.

As for immigration – a report came out that all TN job gains since 2000 went to immigrants.

He may win tonight but it won’t be by much.

dillydally on August 7, 2014 at 7:31 PM

RINO in Name Only on August 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM

You’re most welcome.

And here it is again for good measure:

I’m sorry that you don’t like seeing feedback regarding this site’s refusal to cover (until Election Day) conservative campaigns’ challenges to RINO incumbents like Alexander, but the criticisms are well deserved.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 7:32 PM

RINO in Name Only on August 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I see that the video itself has some problems, however, the point stands about the reference.

RINO in Name Only on August 7, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Autoplay video ads should be outlawed.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Someone at HA should be impeached.

faraway on August 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM

DickBurns on August 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Incorrect.He did not need 7700 votes illegally cast by Democrats who double voted. Only 50% of that…and we don’t even need to know if the votes were cast for McDaniel or Cochran. In fact any Dem vote in the runoff for a Rep that that Dem does not intend to support in the regular election is technically illegal. Oodles of bought votes, etc, too. Cochran’s gonna lose without the TP vote. His people may as well hand it over to McDaniel to keep the seat Rep.

gracie on August 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I mostly just dislike people who presume that they are entitled to have others, whom they are not paying, blog about their preferred topics.

Maybe they felt that everything interesting to be said about the race had already been said. It seems to me the topic of a blog is between the writers and the management.

RINO in Name Only on August 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Someone at HA should be impeached.

faraway on August 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM

That seems extreme. Shouldn’t we at least try to resolve this with a lawsuit first?

RINO in Name Only on August 7, 2014 at 7:40 PM

There’s a big difference between primarying out an incumbent House member (who represents one district out of 435) and primarying out a Senator, who represents an entire state.

If the district is reliably conservative, and has had a Republican House member for many years, primary voters might be willing to move further right and give a new candidate a chance, and if they make a mistake, it can be corrected in two years.

But while certain House districts can have a polarized electorate, entire states tend to be more centrist. Primary voters in Tennessee are probably aware of the huge reservoir of Democrat voters in Memphis, and know that the Republican nominee must be popular enough elsewhere in the state to overcome deficits in Memphis. If they nominate a newcomer who commits a gaffe in the general election campaign (a la Todd Akin or Christine O’Donnell or Sharon Angle), they will be stuck with a Democrat Senator for 6 years. In a state like Tennessee, where Democrats can be competitive (it was once represented by Al Gore!), Republican primary voters might want to “play it safe” with a proven winner like Alexander.

Steve Z on August 7, 2014 at 7:42 PM

RINO in Name Only on August 7, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I know someone from the IRS that can handle it.

faraway on August 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM

The Democrats are the problem.

crosspatch on August 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Replacing even a fraction of the collaborationist Vichy Institutional Republicans will possibly teach the rest that there is a cost to siding with the Democrats. If it does not teach that lesson, then there is no point in staying with the Republicans anyway.

When you have to first defeat the Institutional Republicans before you get a chance to fight the Democrats, it is impossible to defeat the Democrats. So defeating the Institutionals, once and for all, is part of the same battle.

Along that line, no sitting Republican Senator has been defeated in the primaries. However, they seem to think that they still can stab us in the back and we will vote for them in the general. That is an unproven assumption. It strikes me that if either McConnell or Cochrane [or both] loses in the general, even if it means not taking the majority, it will be worthwhile IF it means that the remaining Senators will finally fight the Democrats instead of siding with them against the base of their own party. If they won’t, once again, there is no point in staying with the Republicans anyway. If they do, then we will have that “fighting chance”.

Subotai Bahadur on August 7, 2014 at 7:48 PM

2014 US elections
9m
Former Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer says he won’t seek US Senate seat – @AP

canopfor on August 7, 2014 at 7:50 PM

gracie on August 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM I think it maybe overturned as Thad is screwed in the public eye in MS I don’t know how viable he is anymore.

sorrowen on August 7, 2014 at 7:53 PM

They’re all the problem.

Bishop on August 7, 2014 at 7:58 PM

RINO in Name Only on August 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Everything interesting about topic had already been said? Writers here hadn’t said anything until today! And I believe that readers of this site should also have input. Writers and management should know that readers don’t appreciate the near blackout of any coverage, prior to election day, of particular conservative efforts to defeat establishment incumbents.

Breitbart.com, which has surpassed HotAir in traffic and now has far greater influence than HotAir, managed to cover such races, so I don’t think it’s a matter of doing what’s best for business.

You are telling me HotAir couldn’t have had at least one post with a summary of all of the month’s upcoming primary races, at least?

Maybe that would have taken time away from writing about some MSNBC host’s latest on-air rant, though. Seems we hear an awful lot about MSNBC on this website.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Ughhh that annoying autoplay video.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Democrats are the problem.

crankyoldlady on August 7, 2014 at 7:29 PM

This

Wino on August 7, 2014 at 7:59 PM

I did my part to oust him… I voted for Carr today.. Fingers Crossed.

melle1228 on August 7, 2014 at 7:59 PM

I did my part to oust him… I voted for Carr today.. Fingers Crossed.
melle1228 on August 7, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Thank you!!

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 8:01 PM

bluegill

your constant complaints about HA are getting tiresome. They gave to please a lot of readers not just you.

no other site covered this race either.

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Steve Z on August 7, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Competitive??? Are you frickin serious? Obama lost the state by over 20%+ points…!!

The days of Gore are way over…

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM

The Democrats are the problem.A

crosspatch on August 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Bull$hit..Alexander is one who constantly votes for cloture on Dem bills, and then tries to gain cover by voting against the same bills. Alexander and Corker could kill some of these bills before they make it to the floor.

Tennessee is a SUPER majority Repub state. We deserve better than Alexander and Corker.

melle1228 on August 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM

FFS, will you quit yer b!tchin’ already! If’n you DON’T like the coverage here, go where you DO like the coverage and STAY THERE!

And learn to clean up your URLS fer cryin’ out loud:

Newtie and the Beauty on August 7, 2014 at 8:03 PM

The days of Gore are way over…

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM

EXACTLY! Super-majority state. If we can’t get conservatives elected in Tennessee- then there is something completely wrong with the GOP.

melle1228 on August 7, 2014 at 8:04 PM

no other site covered this race either.
cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Too bad. I will say what I think. And Breitbart.com covered this race and many other races that HotAir ignored.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM

melle1228 on August 7, 2014 at 8:04 PM

So tired of concern trolls like Steve Z, King Gold, bluegill, MJ Brutus and all the other progressive shills.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2014 at 8:06 PM

WOW. At RCP I got nothing, but at Ace, with it’s not clear what % in, it’s 54% for Carr and 41% for Alexander.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:09 PM

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Hi cat_owner. And Bluegill. Ok now it’s 49% Carr 45% Alexander on Ace. Still 0 on RCP.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:11 PM

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM
anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Nervous here. But, regardless of what happens, it should be known that illegal alien amnesty is the big issue, and Lamar Alexander felt compelled to run a dishonest ad, right before the voting started, claiming to have voted to “end amnesty.”

“Special pathway to legalization” AKA amnesty is a losing position.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I’m afraid Ace has gone bonkers. Now it’s 55% for Carr, 53% for Alexander. RCP still 0. And the Politico link that HA gave just goes to RCP.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I think it’s ride to constantly complain about s website that you’re vistiing and demand they cover the stories you want. we are all here by choice.

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Now it’s 55% for Carr, 53% for Alexander.
anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM

They must be counting dead democrats voting, I guess.

Wino on August 7, 2014 at 8:19 PM

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Here ya go, Joe:

Newtie and the Beauty on August 7, 2014 at 8:19 PM

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM</a

I had to change my browser preferences to “Always Ask to Activate” on Adobe Flash…

Pity.

Newtie and the Beauty on August 7, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 7, 2014 at 8:19 PM

;-)

KCB on August 7, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2014 at 8:06 PM

But they only want what’s best. I mean after all, just think how bad things would be if conservatives had won a few more issues?

Cloture on Obama care, the gang bang of 8, Miguel Estrada, Robert Bork, budgets, light bulbs, toilets, effin ethanol, etc.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2014 at 8:21 PM

;-)
KCB on August 7, 2014 at 8:21 PM

*smoooooch!*

Newtie and the Beauty on August 7, 2014 at 8:23 PM

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM

That can only happen in Philadelphia or Chitcago.

slickwillie2001 on August 7, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 7, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Nice Smoooooch!

KCB on August 7, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Now it’s becoming clear that early numbers aren’t good. Basically 50 to 42% for Alexander with 0.3% in.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Must be the MS Democrats bussed in to TN for Alexander.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 8:19 PM

If it’s “rude” to give feedback and say we’d like Senate races covered at least once before Election Day, then I’ll gladly be rude. I care a lot about the illegal alien amnesty issue, and I’m not going to shut up about letting the writers know that more coverage of efforts to defeat people like Lamar are wanted.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Nice Smoooooch!
KCB on August 7, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Flattery will get you everywhere, Ken… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 7, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Flattery will get you everywhere, Ken… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 7, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Great! That’s where I wanted to go!

KCB on August 7, 2014 at 8:34 PM

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Don’t worry lovie, I just don’t think you have it in you to ever be rude.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2014 at 8:35 PM

49.9% Rino, 41.9% Carr, with less than 1% of precincts reporting.

Mini-14 on August 7, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I wonder where the votes have been counted so far? There are certain areas, mostly in the middle of the state where Carr was expected to be strong.

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 8:37 PM

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 7, 2014 at 8:39 PM

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Here is a site that you may want to use to review various browsers.

I’m going with either Opera or Safari.

I use IE9 & simply disable Shockwave Flash Object addon when reading/commenting.

Link: http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/

bluefox on August 7, 2014 at 8:39 PM

52% for Alexander to 39% with 1% reporting, Fox News.

slickwillie2001 on August 7, 2014 at 8:40 PM

It’s all a matter of timing. How many of the earlier primary winners would be sitting where they are if voters knew then what they know now? Especially since the border exploded after they made it in safely. For sure Thad would be out and even the turtle most likely.

As noted, the clock is running out for the GOPe as the margin of win keeps falling and a lot of incumbents are going to either sweat it or retire in 2016. Business as usual is running into closing time

AH_C on August 7, 2014 at 8:43 PM

So as we see yet again, the establishment ensuring that there are 6 or 7 other candidates in addition theirs, in order split any kind of Conservative or Tea Party vote.

Nice to know nothing will ever change in the GOP, go right on voting for your liberal, DimocRat-Lite, big government (R)’s, all while the nation swirls around the toilet.

Meople on August 7, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Thanks Bluegill and Newtie for the tips.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM

You act like a petulant little child.

Just. Like. Obama.

rottenrobbie on August 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Link: http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/

bluefox on August 7, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Thanks bluefox!

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 8:52 PM

The results from early voters are killing Carr.

Mark1971 on August 7, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Both the missus and I stopped by our polling precinct on the way home from work and enthusiastically put a checkmark on the touchscreen by the name JOE CARR.

I live in Nashville and have seen lots of yards with “Joe Carr” signs but only one yard with an Alexander sign. Perhaps that bodes well.

If Alexander wins tonight, it will be by the skin of his teeth, thanks to George Flinn—allegedly a stalking horse for Alexander—siphoning off votes from Carr.

Dime IV on August 7, 2014 at 8:55 PM

The results from early voters are killing Carr.

Mark1971 on August 7, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Probably because they love Lamar’s action and couldn’t wait to give him some support. Because he has always been there for the Igno Ramos crowd.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Well This isnt encouraging So far

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Ace calls it for Alexander.

GOPRanknFile on August 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM