Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on August 6, 2014 by Allahpundit

Why did Dr. [Kent] Brantly have to go to Africa? The very first “risk factor” listed by the Mayo Clinic for Ebola — an incurable disease with a 90 percent fatality rate — is: “Travel to Africa.”

Can’t anyone serve Christ in America anymore?

[S]erving the needy in some deadbeat town in Texas wouldn’t have been “heroic.” We wouldn’t hear all the superlatives about Dr. Brantly’s “unusual drive to help the less fortunate” or his membership in the “Gold Humanism Honor Society.” Leaving his family behind in Texas to help the poor 6,000 miles away — that’s the ticket.

Today’s Christians are aces at sacrifice, amazing at serving others, but strangely timid for people who have been given eternal life. They need to buck up, serve their own country, and remind themselves every day of Christ’s words: “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.”

There may be no reason for panic about the Ebola doctor, but there is reason for annoyance at Christian narcissism.

***

Why did he decide to take his family to “this far-off place” he knew nothing about?

“It’s because God has a call on my life,” Brantly said.

Quoting the Apostle Paul, Brantley urged the congregation to live boldly, saying, “God did not give us a spirit of timidity.”

The sermon offers a deeper look at the man whose life has been permanently damaged by his work, and how his faith drove him to sacrifice.

“On difficult days,” Brantly said, “when I want to give up or when I wonder if I’ve made the right decision, retelling my story reminds me of how God has brought me to where I am.”

***

Brantly served the poor and infirm and put his own life in jeopardy serving patients in Liberia, so you would think that he would be received as a hero, admired for his work, and held up as an example of the highest calling of his profession and his religion. The same is true of his colleague, American Liberia volunteer Nancy Writebol, who just arrived in the States for treatment.

But not everyone seems to think so. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta has received hate e-mails and phone calls. An op-ed in Bloomberg View questions who made the decision to bring Brantly home, and social media is abuzz with demands that Ebola victims not be admitted to the United States at all. The New York Post proclaimed “Ebola fear is going viral” and quoted one of Donald Trump’s tweets: “Ebola patient will be brought to the U.S. in a few days — Now I know for sure that our leaders are incompetent. KEEP THEM OUT OF HERE!”…

There are two epidemics in the world today. The first is a troubling spread of the Ebola virus in poor countries in Africa, an outbreak that is the result of poverty, inattention by those countries’ political leaders, and a general lack of concern by the wealthier nations about epidemics that don’t yet seem to directly affect them.

But the second epidemic is a more dangerous one. It is a spreading lack of compassion, characterized by disaster fatigue, helplessness in the face of war refugees, intolerance for immigration, and now, the desire to ban even American citizens who are sick and need our help. The second epidemic seems harder to contain than the first, but it is every bit as important.

***

Even atheists could find a guide to goodness in asking themselves What Would Kent Do?

What Jesus would do is what Brantly did when he agreed to work in an Ebola isolation ward in Liberia despite being admittedly terrified.

What Brantly also did was what Jesus also would have done after the doctor’s worst fears became real and he was infected along with a fellow health worker.

Only one dose of an experimental serum was available, and Brantly insisted that it go to his colleague, Nancy Writebol.

Instead, Brantly got a blood transfusion from a 14 year-old Ebola survivor who was among those the doctor had treated while placing himself in such mortal peril.

A good preacher could draw a telling parallel between the absolving blood of Christ and the blood of this teen, which contains antibodies from the successful fight against the virus that Brantley so selflessly assisted.

The hope now is that those antibodies will now help Brantly in his own battle for life.

***

These Americans generously went to Africa on a humanitarian mission to help eradicate a disease that is especially deadly in countries without our health-care infrastructure. They deserve the same selflessness from us. To refuse to care for these professionals would raise enormous questions about the ethical foundation of our profession. They have a right to come home for their care when it can be done effectively and safely.

As health-care professionals, this is what we have trained for. People often ask why we would choose to care for such high-risk patients. For many of us, that is why we chose this occupation — to care for people in need. Every person involved in the treatment of these two patients volunteered for the assignment. At least two nurses canceled vacations to be a part of this team. They derive satisfaction from knowing that, after years of preparing for this type of case, they are able to help, to comfort and to do it safely. The gratitude they receive from the patients’ families drives their efforts.

As human beings, we all hope that if we were in need of superior health care, our country and its top doctors would help us get better. We can either let our actions be guided by misunderstandings, fear and self-interest, or we can lead by knowledge, science and compassion. We can fear, or we can care.

***

Liberals treat prosperity in America as a zero sum game — if there are winners, there must be losers. They are wrong. Christians should not do the same with Christianity — surely a Christian may lose his life, but even then he is a winner. There are no losers except the Devil himself when a Christian goes therefore until all the nations.

How many Liberians might come to know the Lord because of Dr. Brantly’s sacrifice? How many Americans, in an age of growing hostility to Christians, might see his sacrifice and pick up their own crosses? How many Liberians might grow in affection for the United States through Dr. Brantly’s sacrifice? We may never know the answer to any of these. But history itself shows us many will be saved and many will turn their hearts toward this great country. Christians should be focused on saving souls where the Lord leads them and lends them talent and we should all praise the work of the Holy Spirit in so doing.

Surely Christians in America can spare one man to Africa or even ten. After all, Christians are to save souls, not just American ones. Had Dr. Brantly gone to our southern border and provided his services there, some would attack him there too for helping illegal aliens.

But Dr. Brantly, as do we all, goes where the Holy Spirit leads.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 4:06 AM

That’s a really cool photo.

Now how do you know if I’m typing…. or my cat is? :)

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Well unless the reader is from Tennessee it won’t make any difference at this point.

I read somewhere yesterday that multiple candidates are running. I’m afraid Lamar may do what Robert did……. “win” the primary with less than half the vote, because the majority wanted someone else but didn’t all back the most viable candidate.

I do believe Wolf is responsible for his defeat. The xray thing likely caused it. If not for that, the outcome probably would have been different. Plus two other candidates took about 10% of the vote.

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 3:58 AM

True to some degree about the Tennessee thing, but we got a lot of geographic cross pollinization, and the very day of the vote is actually an important to but out a reminder or whatever.

And you’re right, and I think Wolf would have won I think if it wasn’t for that xray thing.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 4:13 AM

if you wrote down a list of twenty topics “your candidate” must have..
the guy that gets nominated would be a good guy if you hit 15 out of 20..
RR was a 18+… :)
Barry a Zero… :(

going2mars on August 7, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Oh yeah….. 15 out of 20 would be great. Even 10 out of 20 is better than 0 out of 20.

I’m amazed sometimes how quick some conservatives are to throw someone under the bus because they disagree with them on a few issues.

Now some may be deal breakers…. like the pro life issue or amnesty. I understand that. But for the most part, as Reagan said…. someone who agrees with you 70% of the time is your friend.

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:14 AM

Tomorrow is the day!

Vote Carr, Not Lamar! The climate change pushing Lamar Alexander voted for Rubio’s amnesty bill. Send him packing. For that reason alone.

Joe Carr has a better idea: NO Amnesty!

A piece by Judson Phillips in the Washington Times has some final words of encouragement:

The real tea party race is happening Thursday in Tennessee. Liberal Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander is in serious trouble. Mr. Alexander abandoned a bus tour across the state after his crowds were meager at best and at almost every event there were more supporters of tea party candidate Joe Carr than there were for Mr. Alexander. At one point, in Elizabethtown, Tennessee, Mr. Alexander fled out the back door of a building rather than face a college student with a question.

Three months ago, a poll showed Mr. Alexander leading Mr. Carr 44-20, with 27 percent undecided. A poll three weeks ago showed Mr. Alexander only leading 43-37, with 10 percent still undecided. Political experts tell everyone that in a race, undecided voters will break 90 percent for the challenger.

As this race closes, it will either be a razor close nail biter or it may even turn out the way Dave Brat’s surprise upset in Virginia turned out in June.The shocker for the left and the media is going to be that the tea party isn’t dead.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 4:14 AM

aj

two cool sites…bookmarked…tyvm

going2mars on August 7, 2014 at 4:17 AM

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 3:58 AM

I disagree. A lot of people read this site, and raising awareness about the race is a GOOD thing. Heaven knows the bloggers here aren’t doing it. It’s actually from the comment section here that I learned more about Carr and was inspired to try to spread the word on Twitter. It is a good thing to make one’s voice heard. Every little bit helps.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:18 AM

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Well we will know in less than 24 hours. I will be very happy if Joe wins of course.

I think Milton lost a lot of endorsements because of the xray story. Laura, Mark and Sarah Palin all endorsed Joe but not Milton. I’m sure that’s why.

It’s been a really bad election cycle for Senate Conservatives Fund. I hope they don’t have trouble raising money in the future as a result. They were very quick to back people like Bevin and Milton and maybe should have held off a bit. Club for Growth tends to be a lot more cautious that way.

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:21 AM

Also, I tweeted Ed asking why he hadn’t covered the TN race at all. He responded and said he wasn’t aware of any interest in the race. I replied and said I had seen many comments about the race. He didn’t respond again, but Jazz chimed in to say that he had seen a poll showing Lamar comfortably ahead and didn’t see the point in covering the race. Sigh.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:22 AM

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:21 AM

No. I don’t think you’re right about Wolf or about a supposed lack of “caution” in endorsing people.

See here for what I think explains the Kansas result better:

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:24 AM

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:22 AM

To be fair, no one else except Breitbart is covering it. I read quite a few sites besides this one. It’s being ignored by all of the others.

Maybe we will get a wonderful surprise later today. But I’m not betting on it. Dave Brat managed to win despite the fact his race got no attention from conservative sites either.

But I don’t blame Hot Air for not covering it better, since no one else is either (except Breitbart that I mentioned).

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Perhaps there wasn’t enough of a different between Wolf and Roberts. Apparently on the amnesty issue Wolf didn’t differentiate himself enough there.

Hopefully Carr will have been able to do a better job.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:27 AM

Well, I got my 2¢ in. Hi Bluegill! And I’m glad you like those links going2mars (Real Clear Technology and Real Clear Science). The only issue is that it can take a lot of time as you go to the site and find 5 or 6 articles you want to check out. So you got to be selective with what you click, and skim quickly.

And, yup, cat_owner, we’ll know soon enough.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 4:29 AM

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Oh I don’t buy that crap. Why did Palin, Ingraham, and Levin all endorse Carr but not Wolf? The only reason I can come up with is the xray story.

That story is why Wolf lost. I’m convinced of that. It’s easy to play the blame game and say fringe candidates took votes away from Wolf. But even if they did…… why did that happen? Obviously there were people who did not want Roberts, but were not comfortable in voting for Wolf either.

The only person responsible for Wolf’s defeat is the man himself.

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:31 AM

Hopefully Carr will have been able to do a better job.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:27 AM

There is a CLEAR difference between the two. Alexander supported the Gang of 8 bill. Carr hammered on that repeatedly, which was a good strategy. To the best of my knowledge, Roberts did not support that bill.

Or if he did, Wolf made a HUGE error in not bringing it up. But I don’t think Roberts did.

If Carr wins today, I think amnesty will be the main reason why.

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:34 AM

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Well, Breitbart has surpassed HotAir in popularity and traffic, and this case adds to my feeling that Breitbart’s rise and HotAir’s decline are both deserved.

I do blame HotAir for not even managing one mention. It’s pathetic. Ed or someone could have done writeup on all the primaries this month. Considering all the stuff that makes the cut (Joan Rivers rant, for example), I don’t think one story about upcoming Senate primaries would have hurt them.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:34 AM

If Carr wins today, I think amnesty will be the main reason why.
cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Yep, hoping for a wonderful surprise. Anything is possible.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:36 AM

And, yup, cat_owner, we’ll know soon enough.
anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Thanks for all the posts! Ok, I’m making a prediction. Carr is going to win. There. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. TN, please prove me right!!

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:38 AM

Anyway, cat owner, you make good points about Wolf.

Hopefully when next we meet here it will be a time for celebration.

I’m off to bed now. Good night, all!!

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:39 AM

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:34 AM

A lot of the writing on Breitbart is crap. There isn’t any decent analysis like you get from Ed or AP here. I don’t agree with them on everything, but I do think they are very skilled at analyzing stories and not just parroting talking points.

That article you linked to is a good example. The article blames his defeat on fringe candidates, but that is just a convenient excuse. Wolf lost that race almost certainly due to the xray story. It spoke directly to his character. And that is a big deal to a lot of conservative voters.

And as I mentioned before, no other site has been following these races. Erick Erickson endorsed Wolf months ago, yet his site didn’t even bother with a follow up article this week.

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:40 AM

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Disagree about the Breitbart writers. I think they’re excellent at what they do. And they don’t do the same kinds of analysis that Allah does. Theirs is more advocacy/news and also opinion.

As for this site, there’s Allah, and then there’s everyone else. No one else comes close to him. Ed is fine, but he’s overly cautious and bland. The others… eh.

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:48 AM

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Allah is my favorite blogger by far. He really makes you think. I don’t agree with everything but don’t expect to either. I also like Ed a lot and Guy.

There are a few other bloggers and sites I enjoy reading and think it’s great we have so many choices.

cat_owner on August 7, 2014 at 4:53 AM

And Breitbart has more content, more exclusives and more influence than HotAir now. Outside of Allah’s stuff, this site has little personality and feels like a web version of the sleepy Hugh Hewitt show. When the other writers here try to be hip and clever like Allah in their headlines and such, sometimes it just feels lame and forced and artificial.

Ok, now I’m finally going. Night!!

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:55 AM

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 4:38 AM

Awesome prediction! We’ll see. Worst case if you’re wrong it just means the amnesty shill goes back to Washington.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2014 at 4:58 AM

One last thing. It’s clear to me that Breitbart wants to be a part of, and influence the outcome of, the overall political fight. I love them for that. HotAir’s philosophy now seems to be less about trying to shape the story or affect change, but more about cold, passive, inoffensive analysis. It seems the writers here (and I don’t group Allah in with the rest, because he’s in a category of his own) certainly side against the tea party, but avoid coming out and saying so, so as not to upset the readership. Rothman, however, seems less shy about spitting in the faces of conservatives, and has already taken things even further away from Malkin’s approach. Malkin’s philosophy seemed a lot closer to Breitbart’s than to whatever is currently being done here now.

It’s almost like this site is ashamed of its roots. HotAir is a shell of its former self.

Ok, now I’m off. Night!!!

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 5:12 AM

And by Breitbart I mean the site, not the late Andrew Brierbart, though he clearly also wanted to influence things with his work, rather than just analyze for the sake of it.

Ok, bye!

bluegill on August 7, 2014 at 5:14 AM

It was foolish to bring Ebola to the USA.

kakypat on August 6, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I’m pretty sure that the Ebola virus has been studied in the USA, so it’s probably sitting around here somewhere in someone’s lab.

I’ll see if I can find some info about that.
Don’t tell anyone. People will freak out.
Mum’s the word.

justltl on August 7, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Good morning ladies and gents. Good luck to the Tennesseeans.

crankyoldlady on August 7, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Well, that didn’t take long.
It’s referenced in one of the articles cited above.
Here.

Really, some of the public reaction to bringing these two citizens back to the USA for treatment has been hilarious.

justltl on August 7, 2014 at 5:40 AM

I’m going to guess what those scientists who actually work with the virus said when they read about people freaking out over bringing these two patients back to the USA and “introducing” Ebola:

“Morons.”

(Actually, they probably said “assholes”, but this being a family friendly site and all, I didn’t want to sound crude. And no offense at all intended to kakypat up there. It’s perfectly normal to be concerned. We’re also all a wee bit susceptible to the hype that always goes around about stuff like this.)

justltl on August 7, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Good morning

Joe doesn’t like American companies moving over seas and not paying their taxes
awwww

President planning to overstep his powers…..
lsm is meh

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Good Morning, Patriots, Sockuppets, and Trolls!

Freedom is God-given, and with freedom comes responsibility. With citizenship comes responsibility, like paying taxes and making your own way.- KJ

My take: The Illegal Alien Invasion: Viva La Racists! ….err…Raza!

kingsjester on August 7, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Joe doesn’t like American companies moving over seas and not paying their taxes
awwww

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Please tell me that Sharpton was part of the Morning Jew crew when he said it. ;0

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 6:55 AM

I’ll see if I can find some info about that.
Don’t tell anyone. People will freak out.
Mum’s the word.

justltl on August 7, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Hey! The NIH forgot about the vials of smallpox sitting in a storage closet. CDC mishandled anthrax and bird flu samples. I’d say ebola isn’t all that big a deal when it comes to public health threats.

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 6:59 AM

kingsjester on August 7, 2014 at 6:48 AM

great take KJ

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 6:55 AM

nope nor redford….

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:04 AM

OT, but has Obama made any announcement about the assassination of the 2 star General?

Do you think he knows about it yet? Has he had a chance to read about it in the news?

Or was he too busy with his partay?

talkingpoints on August 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Thank you, ma’am.

Scooter is coming back from vay-cay one week early, possibly to issue the EO for Amnesty.

God protect us.

kingsjester on August 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM

God protect us.

kingsjester on August 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM

amen brother…

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:11 AM

talkingpoints on August 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM

crickets unless someone actually brought it up during his presser….i didn’t watch it but my bet is, the lapdog media didn’t bring it up….

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Retweeted by David Burge
Will Antonin @Will_Antonin · 21h

I rest easy knowing that a government that can’t secure a border, build a website or keep track of its sick veterans just brought Ebola here

davidk on August 1, 2014 at 7:22 PM

And didn’t the CDC just misplace a whole bunch of live anthrax? What could go wrong?

talkingpoints on August 7, 2014 at 7:14 AM

nope nor redford….

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Darn! ;0

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 7:14 AM

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Guess, he’s operating on the principle that if he ignores it, most people won’t realize anything happened and no one in the media will push it. If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it…

What a sad epitaph for a 2 star General.

talkingpoints on August 7, 2014 at 7:17 AM

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:12 AM

No, Snuggles did not bring it up in the presser. Incidents of workplace violence really don’t rise to the level of Presidential attention.

Seriously, this attack undermines the administration’s claims about Afghanistan. General Greene’s body returns home today. I’m wondering if Obama will show up, as would be appropriate, or if he’s too busy being sucked up to by African leaders. And of course the vacation starts tomorrow.

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Agree.

Anthrax- meh
Ebola- meh
Bird flu- meh for now
Smallpox- real big problem, if it were “released”

justltl on August 7, 2014 at 7:22 AM

What a sad epitaph for a 2 star General.

talkingpoints on August 7, 2014 at 7:17 AM

indeed

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 7:19 AM

he’ll be busy packing his suitcase and clubs

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:26 AM

so the mj panel is upset about tax inversion but does not bring up obama helping a company do the exact thing they are outraged about
….via drudge….

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:28 AM

he’ll be busy packing his suitcase and clubs

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 7:26 AM

ROTFLMAO! As if the king packs his own suitcase! These people commandeered a V-22 for their dog amd you’re suggesting that he’s counting out changes of underwear and making sure he has enough sun screen!

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Morning COL 94F and low humidity again. No drama yesterday or this morning! Oldest daughter got another part-time job delivering takeout food. Not happy about it as we cover all her living expenses, but she is stubborn like her mum and does not want to have to depends on us for funds.

Just might be able to talk The Wife into letting me hire our kids as she does not like the 2nd part-time job either. Kids, you push ‘em out of the nest and try not to worry.

HonestLib on August 7, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 6:59 AM

You do bring up a good point. We, the CDC and other agencies, are better at containment of actual carriers of the deadly stuff, than the samples that they conduct scientific test and analysis on.

HonestLib on August 7, 2014 at 7:41 AM

HonestLib on August 7, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Be happy she isn’t a layabout. She has the proper attitude.

crankyoldlady on August 7, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Some living proof to the left that there are really people in this world who being narcissistic is not of value to them.

mixplix on August 7, 2014 at 7:55 AM

I’m kind of surprised at how much resistance there is at bringing these folks home for treatment.

Cindy Munford on August 6, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Why ? It’s called “sacrifice” for a reason.

It’s not “sacrifice” to go to a third world country to treat people with a fatal, contagious disease, thus risking infection and then rely on people to burn through $2 million to bring you home and cure you if you inevitably get infected. That’s not a “sacrifice”. Especially when doing so could potentially endanger millions of people in the US by bringing the disease here.

deadrody on August 7, 2014 at 8:17 AM

HN anything to avoid doing work…no?

cmsinaz on August 7, 2014 at 8:20 AM

deadrody on August 7, 2014 at 8:17 AM

That’s assuming that they thought they would get infected and knew people would do all those things for them. I doubt they expected either and are very appreciative. And if what I understand is true, they took a serum that was only cleared for testing on animals and have maybe moved the possible cure or vaccination timetable up for those less likely to survive this disease.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2014 at 6:59 AM

An excellent point. Do you think the CDC has always been this slap happy with their protocols and it’s just unfortunate timing that we find out about during the Obama administration? There sure is a lot of incompetence going on now days.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I took some advice just recently about my little vacay because everything we do now-a-days turns political then nasty.

Of course you have always been nice to all the folks here. Hope you have a good day.

HonestLib on August 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Ebola is scary, we get that, bleeding from orifices and all, but the negative comments stem from lack of religious knowledge. Fewer and fewer are going to church and to seek the truth and how we are to live our lives. This is also how abortion is a right was so easily accepted by so many and how gays should have the right to marry and a baker had no right to not deny baking their cake. The spread of cultural rot is not amazing it is evil.

Kissmygrits on August 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM

HonestLib on August 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Years have taught me that old sayings aren’t just old sayings but real insight. The Golden Rule won’t steer you wrong. As for a good day, I’m going to have one but I am busier than a one legged man in an azz kicking contest so I just popped in while I have a cup of coffee and my breakfast. I’ll read the pearls of wisdom and news here later.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Interesting article.

HonestLib on August 7, 2014 at 9:07 AM

HonestLib on August 7, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Horrible. I’m getting a little freaked out by what appears to be a trend in, if not incompetence, certainly a real desire to achieve mediocrity on all levels. What has happened to the pride of doing a job well? Add to that the weaponization of government institutions due to the acceptance of political ideology and we have the makings of a rapid decline in our country. I hated the movie “Idiocracy” but it seems to be coming true.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM

As I was driving home from the laundromat I came up with this: The difference between people boils down to knowing right from wrong and that comes from upbringing. For more than 50 years the socialists have been indoctrinating children with the idea that there is no such thing as right and wrong. So a couple of generations have no moral or ethical basis for their behavior. You won’t do the right thing if you don’t know what the right thing is.

crankyoldlady on August 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM

crankyoldlady on August 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Hmmm, on a small scale I’m dealing with a little of that today at home.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM

As I was driving home from the laundromat I came up with this:

Had a funny segregation joke about clothing, but some in the crowd the last few weeks are testy and looking for a fight. Sadly, it may have been the only funny thing I have said here.

HonestLib on August 7, 2014 at 12:02 PM