Another liberal attempt to force you to share in their humorless misery fails

posted at 4:01 pm on August 1, 2014 by Noah Rothman

The progressive left has decided to demonstrate that they have their finger on the pulse of public opinion by elevating their crusade against what they deem to be offensively named athletic teams to prominence.

The vast majority of those team names deemed offensive are those which pay homage to or reference Native Americans. The most conspicuous example of this crusade is the effort to force the Washington Redskins to abandon their name.

The campaign has not lit the nation’s hair on fire as it has for the left. That might have to do with the fact that most of those who are demanding a variety of teams change their names are not sports fans and do not consume the product which they contend must change.

A July 20 – 21 Vox Populi poll found, for example, that 65 percent of NFL fans and 77 percent of Redskins fans reject the calls for team owner Dan Snyder to give up the legacy name. Another 71 percent of NFL fans and 83 percent of Redskins fans said they did not even find the name offensive. These results have been consistent across a number of polls on the issue.

That is a problem for the activist left, a movement which is deeply troubled by the fact that you don’t share in their humorless torment.

To address the fact that you are not appropriately offended by the variety of Native American-themed sports teams, progressives decided that they can change hearts and minds if they showed you just how awful it was for your ethnic group to be celebrated by a professional sports franchise.

This is the result:

caucasians_tshirt_design.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox

The grinning “Caucasians” logo on the T-shirt by Cleveland, Ohio-based Shelf Life Clothing Co. has become a hot item recently at Ontario First Nations reserves in Canada, according to a report by the Toronto Star.

The image, a distortion of the Cleveland Indians’ mascot “Chief Wahoo,” suggests that people of European dissent either care excessively for or are apt at making money. That’s about all that can be construed as provocative, and that’s not offensive in the least.

“Regardless of where you stand on the issue, this, from the standpoint of the Native American, serves to take ownership of the issue and reverse the direction of it,” wrote CBS Sports reporter Dan Perry. “In that sense, it’s effective.”

Effective at what? Demonstrating how inoffensive the original Indians logo is? If this is the equivalent for people of European background, all it demonstrates is that some people are far too sensitive and are unduly consumed with the affairs of others.

In that sense, it most certainly is effective.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

So now do you want to give Maidee all your property because you used an “uncool” name? I think you should. Perhaps we should even impose a law to force you to do so.

Not cool is an offensive term, by the way. I think you should just shut your yap while you’re ahead.

Dolce Far Niente on August 1, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Stating that I am “ahead” implies that I am winning, which I am. I plan on continue regardless considering this is a free speech issue.

So if I am corporation making money off of the “StupidDee McF*ckfaces” I should probably stop doing so if I am not an ethically challenged person. Also if I am not an ethically challenged person I would not pointlessly defend someone who uses “StupidDee McF*ckface.”

Furthermore I am not proposing passing a law I am calling on the the owner to voluntarily change the name because it is the right thing to do instead of being a douche-canoe.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Stating that I am “ahead” implies that I am winning, which I am.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Actually, you’re not. You’re losing badly, because you’re showing yourself to be a stereotypical libtard fascist who who thinks he’s the center of the universe and wants to control everyone else.

dentarthurdent on August 1, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:11 PM

So you asked – and he said no.
Now what?
Will you move on with life or will you be the douche-canoe?

dentarthurdent on August 1, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Fail. There are already “Caucasian” mascots:

cptacek on August 1, 2014 at 5:01 PM

There’s already an NFL team called the Minnesota Vikings, a reference to the fair-skinned Scandinavians who settled Minnesota, and their mascot is a blond long-haired white guy wearing a horned hat. There are lots of African Americans who play for the team, and they don’t seem to mind, as long as they get their paycheck.

Steve Z on August 1, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Oh, so that’s YOUR list, huh? So YOU think you’re now the chief arbiter of political correctness in this country.
The problem is there are lots of other people like you who have their own lists, that don’t match your list, and THEY all want to be the chief arbiter of political correctness as well.

So tell us all – WHOSE list of politically correct words are we supposed to use to ensure we don’t offend ANYONE?

dentarthurdent on August 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Dentarthurdent you are delivering some STRONG TAEKs there. The strawmen that you have created are burning quite brightly in your mind.
I don’t remember espousing the use of hyphenated names to describe folks of different ethnicities who reside on this continent. If you look back at my posts I have used the following terms:
1) Cracker
2) Black
3) Peoples of the First Nations

Obviously there is no way to be inoffensive to everyone but intentionally being a c*nt to others simply because of their perceived political leanings is not conducive for civil discourse. It just proves that you are a selfish narrow-minded troll that would rather engage in pointless arguments with others than examine their own sad pointless existence and/or try to do something nice for others despite who they are.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Myrett douchebag. You’re another idiot.

CW on August 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM

sad pointless existence
Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Look in the mirror.

CW on August 1, 2014 at 6:22 PM

A Russian friend of mine once asked me, genuinely perplexed “Why they make me put Caucasian on job application? I’m not from Caucuses! “

JamesB on August 1, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Actually, you’re not. You’re losing badly,

I am going to have to disagree with you there but that is obviously pointless with someone who is as obtuse as you.

because you’re showing yourself to be a stereotypical libtard fascist

That is humorous considering I have always voted Republican when that option is available to me. Also I find myself agreeing with most of the opinion pieces here. This being the exception.

who who thinks he’s the center of the universe

Actually I live in Seattle and Fremont is the “Center of the Universe.” So I am close to the center of the universe but I am not THE center.

and wants to control everyone else.
dentarthurdent on August 1, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Says the person who is attempting to “Shout” me down through the written word.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Gotta’ get me one of these.

unclesmrgol on August 1, 2014 at 6:32 PM

I’m not an Indian (or if you prefer a native American) but does the name Trojan defame Greeks (or Trojans, I suppose) or Centurions defame Italians? I’d say if the group its named after is really upset then that’s controlling. But I’ve always heard that native Americans are, at best, split on the issue. If that’s so, then I’d advise giving it a rest.

Fred 2 on August 1, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Stating that I am “ahead” implies that I am winning, which I am.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:11 PM

dentarthurdent on August 1, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Mryett certainly is a legend in his(?) own mind.

PC morons are Emotions Nazis, and Mryett proves it nicely.

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Democrats are racist.

TX-96 on August 1, 2014 at 6:40 PM

S/h/b

Stating that I am “ahead” implies that I am winning, which I am.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:11 PM

dentarthurdent on August 1, 2014 at 6:14 PM

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Myrett douchebag. You’re another idiot.
CW on August 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM

You make quite the compelling and fascinating argument about my character and intelligence but it in no way negates my argument that Daniel Snyder should change the offensive name of his professional football team.

Now I would like to use scripture to describe your mother.

Ezekiel 23:19 But she began whoring worse than ever, remembering her girlhood, when she had played the whore in Egypt, 20 when she had been in love with their profligates, big-membered as donkeys, ejaculating as violently as stallions.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Fred 2 on August 1, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I’m half Italian and I’m not offended by “Centurions” as a team name.

Now if it was called “Dagos” or “Wops,” I might be offended.

PatriotGal2257 on August 1, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I vote for The Washington Red Ink.

vnvet on August 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Mryett certainly is a legend in his(?) own mind.

PC morons are Emotions Nazis, and Mryett proves it nicely.

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Just because I disagree with Mr. Snyder and Mr. Rothman does not make me anti-semitic person who desires the extermination of their race’s emotions.
But if being considerate of other peoples feelings who have done nothing to offend me makes me a “PC Moron” then so be it.
Better that than a “selfish-self-important-c*cksucker.” A moniker which I suspect you will wear with great pride.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Add a foot to the ‘Caucasians’ logo, on the neck of a landscaper or busboy, and I’ll take a case of them.

Because **** you, liberal apologists. Whiny little weasels.

orangemtl on August 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM

This is about more than “being considerate” of others’ feelings, PC moron. You are hypersensitive and emotionally manipulative/manipulatable. You’re an intolerant, immature, and poorly humored goon.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Funny, that’s exactly how I see you! lmao

I see you as a big, selfish baby who throws tantrums when he can’t get his way, as someone who possesses no ability to make a logical arrgument in defense of his unintelligent position here, so I don’t take you seriously.

And you can insuult me all you want. It amuses me greatly to see you try to put me down so lamely, and it continues to prove that I’m right about you, you hypersensitive dummy. =)

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Yawn.

Doesn’t this thing already exist anyway?

What about the Fighting Irish?

Star Bird on August 1, 2014 at 7:07 PM

~~~
Funny, that’s exactly how I see you! lmao

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 7:06 PM

I sense a lot of projection with that last quote.

Tell me about your childhood relationship with your mother…
*Sits in their leather arm-chair cross-legged while holding the pad of paper in one hand and holding the pencil to their pursed lips.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Are you a descendant of Native Americans? Or just their self-appointed champion?

lineholder on August 1, 2014 at 7:14 PM

lineholder on August 1, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Yes, I am a descendant of Native Americans. Both my parents were born on this continent as was I. Thus making me Native American in the literal sense of the word.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Bwahahahaha! Nice cop out, Libbie. Typical.

Yeah…let me give you a sense of perspective on this one. My grandfather was Cherokee, so I’m pretty familiar with how the culture and their viewpoint on things.

If the Native Americans were going to whine about something, it would be about Trail of Tears. Not a football team.

lineholder on August 1, 2014 at 7:20 PM

I sense a lot of projection with that last quote.

That is a comment worthy of Obama, your intellectual and emotional equal, not to mention he’s as poorly humored as you.

Tell me about your childhood relationship with your mother…

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 7:13 PM

She had me write 1000x a day, “You are a Washington Redskins’ fan for life, and Myrett is a selfish, projecting, and self-important c*cksucker who cries like a baby when he doesn’t get his way.” She added, “You don’t know who Mryett is now, but you will know someday that what I’m having you write about him is the absolute truth.”

Yes, my mom was a prophetess all right! Oh, and go Redskins!

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM

These jackholes are planning on suing the Indians because of their name for $9 billion.

Robert Roche, a Chiricahua Apache and director of the American Indian Education Center, is planning to file a federal lawsuit in late July against the Cleveland Indians organization. Roche, who is also the leader of the group People Not Mascots, says the lawsuit will challenge that the team’s name and Chief Wahoo logo are racist.

“We’re going to be asking for $9 billion and we’re basing it on a hundred years of disparity, racism, exploitation and profiteering,” Roche told WEWS-TV. “It’s been offensive since day one. We are not mascots. My children are not mascots. We are people.”

Maybe you should check your own house before you start on someone else. Looks like your own peeps use the Redskins name at a 100% Navajo school, Red Mesa High School.

Patriot Vet on August 1, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Patriot Vet on August 1, 2014 at 7:24 PM

A hypersensitive, thoughtless dummy like Mryett would have us believe that Robert Roche is an emotionally mature human being.

These people are still wearing diapers.

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 7:27 PM

An Indian school in Colorado has already done this a lot better. I used to have one of their intramural t-shirts, the team mascot is the “Fightin’ Whities” and the logo is a guy who looks like a male magazine model from the 1950′s.

The motto printed under the logo read: “Everything Is Going To Be All White!”

On the back were words to the effect, “Fighting discrimination” or some such.

Loved the shirt, used to wear it to gigs.

Meremortal on August 1, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Patriot Vet on August 1, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Heh. Sounds like Roche is wanting to be the Apache version of Martin Luther King.

lineholder on August 1, 2014 at 7:31 PM

All any of this proves is that The Left, having no sense of humor, also has a distorted sense of reality.

Another Drew on August 1, 2014 at 7:32 PM

These people are still wearing diapers.

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 7:27 PM

You are up late for your age or does your mommy let you stay up later and use the computer so you don’t interrupt her while she is “working?”

I am working off the assumption that you are 12 because your insults show the intellectual and emotional range of a 12 year old. And I am assuming your mother is a prostitute because she is a whore.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Where can I get one of those ‘caucasian’ t-shirts?

other suggestions:

The Fighting Caucasians
Mayonnaise-eating Honkies Of Doom
The Whitebread Terrors
Paleface United
The Gringo Giants

Cool Money Grip on August 1, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Oh we’re adding images now?

*Adds case of beer and trailer to the Indians logo*

Perfect!

Dack Thrombosis on August 1, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Do you think your insults are witty, evident of an emotionally mature person? That they will affect me the way you’d hope? Is it your intent to make me laugh at you and your lameness like I am?

Seeing that they are coming from a juvenile illiberal who pathetically weeps over the terrible offense of the name “Redskins,” I already know the answer to my questions lol

Oh, go Redskins! =)

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 7:46 PM

The bottom line is that we can’t allow hysterical PC Nazis to dictate terms to the sane majority by will of force and intimidation which includes plenty of F-bombs to supplant witty repartee since they lack both vocabulary and mental capacity to attempt such an assiduous chore.

If we cave in on ‘Redskins’ and ‘Indians’ this will merely open the floodgates for further PC rape. In sports “BLACKhawks’ will be reduced to Hawks and then animal lovers will insist that such a term is “demeaning” to birds of prey. It will not just end with team names. George Washington was a slave owner. Therefore there will be militant radicals DEMANDING name changes of’Washington Square’ ‘George Washington Bridge’ ‘Washington Monument’ and even the names of the state and city. And it could escalate even beyond that to limited secession. How about, for example, the Warm Springs Indian Reservation, south of Portland, Oregon, becoming an entirely separate country? Some Hawaiians are also making these demands for major Hawaiian Islands and some Hispanics living in the southwest feel that this area lawfully belongs to Mexico. I’m not saying that it will go this far but this is the price you pay for surrender.

MaiDee on August 1, 2014 at 7:49 PM

I say let’s compromise and make the Washington Redskins more politically correct. Drop the Washington part of the name.

mouell on August 1, 2014 at 7:53 PM

I knew someone who used to be a fan on the NY Giants, that is until a PC genius like Mryett pointed out to him that their name could be seen as offensive to some, not being inclusive enough for dwarves and midgets. The guy felt shamed into becoming a Jets’ fan.

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 7:54 PM

That’s racist against people from the Caucasus. I’m offended. Perpetually.

evergreen on August 1, 2014 at 7:57 PM

These people are still wearing diapers.

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Maybe they have diaper rash.

Patriot Vet on August 1, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Maybe they have diaper rash.

Patriot Vet on August 1, 2014 at 8:03 PM

There are no maybes about it. =)

I can hardly believe these people could be so infantile-it’s like they’re putting on an act for us.

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 8:05 PM

lineholder on August 1, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Maybe. Who knows with people who have this train of thought. I don’t see the suit going anywhere. But who knows with the way the courts have been going.

Patriot Vet on August 1, 2014 at 8:08 PM

There are no maybes about it. =)

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 8:05 PM

It’s an act, but it isn’t for us. It’s for the LIV’s out there, just to get them all riled up and excited about some none issue. Classic leftist crap.

Patriot Vet on August 1, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 7:17 PM

*God you are exhausting.
What’s that like, you know, being exhausting?

What’s it like to be aggrieved over every little pointless issue twenty four hours a day, seven days a week?

Regardless, I sincerely wish you well on your grievance crusade of the week/month/year, especially those co-opted crusades where you champion a certain oppressed group or individual and throw a hissy fit on their behalf.
Most of them could probably care less about the issue you’re ranting about, but obviously they don’t understand the absolute pain and emotional distress their perceived suffering has affected you.
Unsympathetic monsters in my opinion.

Anyway here’s another team name you simply must shame out of existence. You simply can’t sit idly by and accept this, can you? .

(*I hope that word did not offend you. Maybe we’ll eliminate that word too)

StubbornGreenBurros on August 1, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Patriot Vet on August 1, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I agree it’s an act as you say, but people like Robert Roche still believe in part that “Redskins” is terribly outrageous, so it’s not just an act. Illiberals are big babies, after all.

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 8:18 PM

*God you are exhausting.
What’s that like, you know, being exhausting?

I don’t know perhaps you should ask your mom.
*Rim-shot
I will be here all week folks. Be sure to tip your waitress.

More importantly why do you care? Why defend a corporation that was named by a racist (talk about a rich history) that is poorly run by an awful person who would use his money to run you over if you got in his way?

Unsympathetic monsters in my opinion.

(*I hope that word did not offend you. Maybe we’ll eliminate that word too)

StubbornGreenBurros on August 1, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Is Arab a racial slur?
In any case I suspect you would disagree with a liberal if they told you the sky was blue. It is not a healthy outlook on life.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM

The simple solution and a hearty extended middle finger to the easily aggrieved would be to keep the name, put some freckles on the Indian change his hair to ginger, and change the feathers to a squeezed out empty tube of SPF 10.

F X Muldoon on August 1, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Caucasian seems like a very generic term the equivalent of which would be Indian (meaning native American).

As a group, I don’t know if any Caucasians identify themselves with such a diverse group – I would think they would think of themselves more as Scots, Welsh, Englishmen, Swedes, Danes, Germans, French, etc. Calling a German a “Frenchman” would likely be more insulting than calling him a “white man” or “Caucasian”.

Insults are in the eye of the beholder. It is the NAME (or nickname) that is the insult not what is being accomplished by the underlying entity with that NAME. It could be a team that is getting to the league championship every year for many years and it would make no difference with respect to the “insult”.

Russ808 on August 1, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I am not moving any goal posts. I don’t find any of those names offensive. I find it ironic that North Dakota State had to change Fighting Sioux but Notre Dame could keep Fighting Irish. This coming from an organization located in INDIANapolis, INDIANa.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I’m sorry to have to be the one to point this out, but Notre Dame is located in South Bend, not Indianapolis.

FYI, here in Cleveland, we have a radio host whose callers offer “Mega-dagoes.” And none of us dagoes take it personally.

I’ve heard more Polack jokes than I can count. Doesn’t bother me.

Got called a “Foster-Bastard” a couple of times, too, when people found out I was adopted.

You know what really offends me? Being called a racist because I oppose the policies of a president who happens to be black. Being called a sexist because I happen to believe life begins at conception. Being called an extremist because I think people should be allowed to take care of themselves rather than be subjected to cradle-to-grave “caring” from bureaucrats hundreds of miles away who whose main concern is protecting themselves and their jobs. Being called a homophobe because I favor civil unions for gays rather than changing he definition of marriage to satisfy a very small but very whiny minority.

arik1969 on August 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Is Arab a racial slur?

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Don’t know.

But then, I didn’t know Chinaman was a slur until a couple weeks ago.

arik1969 on August 1, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Smells like Open Reg Teen Spirit in here.

Define “racial slur” for us, please.

Take your time, as I’m going out back to start a moondial. Like you, it’s at that time of the month (mostly absent) so I’m not holding my breath.

1. Welcome to Hot Gas.

2. F-

Del Dolemonte on August 1, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Fred 2 on August 1, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Agreed, but….”Trojans”, I mean, aren’t we infringing on basic rights and means of birth control freebies?

Or is it just a stupid linguistic fluke?

RL on August 1, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Poor exhausting responses too. I demand better from our trolls.

And throwing my mom into your reply….seriously?
Clearly I hit a nerve which is quite easy with the perpetually offended.
Just shake it off, stand up straight, chin held high, and prattle on with your psychobabble – m’kay.

In closing; sucks to be you man…..or is that woman…..or womyn?

StubbornGreenBurros on August 1, 2014 at 10:35 PM

And throwing my mom into your reply….seriously?
Clearly I hit a nerve which is quite easy with the perpetually offended.

In closing; sucks to be you man…..or is that woman…..or womyn?

StubbornGreenBurros on August 1, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Mryett, obstensibly an adult yet believes “Redskins” is worth getting upset over, actually does thinks he wins the debate everytime he uses a “mom” insult. Treat the hypersensitive dummy accordingly. =)

non-nonpartisan on August 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM

as an authentic white man myself, I REALLY wish the Caucasians were an actual team. I would so root for that! Actually, seeing the logo got me hyped. How on earth did they think it would horrify white people?

Paperclips on August 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Just a question:

If I buy a ‘Fighting Caucasians’ shirt, and have the subtitle, “Because we’re better than you people” printed on them:
Is that funny and ironic, or offensive and racist?

I just need to know, before I have a dozen or so printed up. I’m aiming for both, because (I may be repeating myself): **** you, you whiny progressive language Nazis.

orangemtl on August 2, 2014 at 12:31 AM

“Darn it, why won’t you people be offended?” Ha, ha, classic.

Dollayo on August 2, 2014 at 1:28 AM

You call your self “MaiDee” which is fine but me calling you “StupidDee McF*ckface” is probably not cool.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Obviously there is no way to be inoffensive to everyone but intentionally being a c*nt to others..
Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I don’t think a vulgar little totalitarian misogynist has any business lecturing others about what terms are offense. You are a hypocrite of the worst kind.

zoyclem on August 2, 2014 at 6:00 AM

offense = offensive

zoyclem on August 2, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM

One other thing on this speech exercise: I’d rather allow others the freedom to speak as they think–unfettered speech allows me to discern the decent people from cretins such as yourself.

For the record, I take a jaundiced view of college and pro sports–they remind me too much of the old Roman ‘bread and circuses’.

zoyclem on August 2, 2014 at 6:20 AM

And yet not one word about the Chicago Blackhawks.

It’s like the Left wants to hyperventilate against any team that doesn’t live in MobCity since they might get ventilated if they did THAT. They only go after civilized people, never political MACHINES.

Well, that’s the Left for you: cowardice in the face of evil, so they attack the civilized as those are the only ones not likely to shoot back. Until, of course, you go one step too far as defending civilization is a duty, an honor and an obligation… of which the Left knows nothing.

ajacksonian on August 2, 2014 at 6:33 AM

This coming from an organization located in INDIANapolis, INDIANa.

Get your geography right. Notre Dame is located in Mishawaka Indiana.Oh my,another Indian name.

celtic warrior on August 2, 2014 at 6:34 AM

arik1969 on August 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM

This coming from an organization located in INDIANapolis, INDIANa.

celtic warrior on August 2, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Nope, it’s completely within Notre Dame, IN (which is surrounded on all sides by South Bend, IN).

blammm on August 2, 2014 at 6:51 AM

It’s really not the case that they “are far too sensitive and are unduly consumed with the affairs of others.” It’s that, typical for loony tunes Dems & other lefties, Perry and his vile, corrupt, bigoted ilk have twisted, deviant, narcissist delusions of godhood and demand you bow to anything they opine. Our vastly wiser and more educated Founders warned and promised such corrupt rejection of the true God & His Word was a certain recipe for our national demise, as it’s proving to be, God save us.

russedav on August 2, 2014 at 7:42 AM

arik1969 on August 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM

This coming from an organization located in INDIANapolis, INDIANa.

celtic warrior on August 2, 2014 at 6:34 AM

I believe the organization in Indianapolis that Big Chief was referring to is the NCAA which is the body that allowed Notre Dame to keep their name but forced North Dakota to drop Fighting Sioux.

The NCAA is headquartered in Indianapolis.

airupthere on August 2, 2014 at 7:54 AM

All mascots are offensive. All sports are offensive. Therefore all sports mascots are offensive-offsensive. Also, rape culture. I hope this clears things up for you lug heads.

Kenosha Kid on August 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM

3) Peoples of the First Nations

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Peoples of the First Nations? Why not just say Indian? Is that a bad word to you?

Y2K on August 2, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Oregon is a tribal name where as the “R word” is an insulting name that white people gave to the tribal people.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Rubbish. It’s just a statement of fact. My partner is Mexican, I’m English and when we were first in bed together he kept on going on how white I was. Then I looked at him and said you only think that because you’re… red. And it’s true, the difference is striking. (and for an English woman, I’m quite dark, not at all peaches and cream) Red skin white skin is only a record of people’s first encounter with skin colours they’re not used to.

What do they call us? Something similar, I bet.

Esperanza on August 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Where can I buy my shirt?

Can I get a fighting Caucasians too?

brainpimp on August 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Fighting Sioux. The NCAA would be the one dictating which teams get to keep their given Native American name and who must assimilate into our culture and take nice sounding Christian names.

The NCAA is headquartered in Indianapolis.

airupthere on August 2, 2014 at 7:54 AM

I agree with this, Sioux is an Indian word of enemies of the Lakota which actually means “disgusting dog” or something horrible. It should never be used.

Esperanza on August 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 6:03 PM

This rather shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Irish is a country adjective, Sioux is an actual insult.

Esperanza on August 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Okay, I get it that to leftists the dollar sign in the Caucasians’ logo is supposed to be devastatingly offensive (project we much?), so could they please point out the equivalent offensive item in the real Indians’ logo?

The only other difference between the logos is the dark vs. light skin color, so I must ask these moral paragons to explain what exactly is offensive about dark skin?

Funny how the lefties’ attempts at biting “humor” reveal their ideas to be so inconsistent and shallow, or bigoted. Or both.

Ray Van Dune on August 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Can I get one of those t-shirts?

I would wear it with pride.

Moesart on August 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Sioux is an actual insult.
Esperanza on August 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Did you check with any S-words on that, chief?

Ray Van Dune on August 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Ray Van Dune on August 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Excellent post all around.

What I highlighted ties in with this.

Paperclips on August 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM

PC morons are demented projectors, sick in the head. We could feel sorry for them, if only they weren’t so tyrannical.

non-nonpartisan on August 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM

I will be here all week folks.

Mryett on August 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I’m betting you get ignored long before that point comes. For me, it took about 10 posts.

GWB on August 2, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Soon, if the screaming Left has its way, there will be no reference to Native Americans anywhere in our popular culture. None. As if they never existed.

One can imagine this is the real intention.

MaggiePoo on August 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Hmmm… So I went to this university about half time and was a Crusader. I also went to this school about half time (my actual alma mater) and was a Bear. I’m not sure if I’m more offended by the idea that I must support invading muslim lands as a murdering imperialist or that I might be gay and in denial.

I may need professional help after this. Now I totally understand what liberals go through.

o_O

stvnscott on August 2, 2014 at 10:40 PM

The progressive left…

They aren’t progressive, Noah, they are REGRESSIVE. Stop playing their word games.

earlgrey on August 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM

I find the name of the Atlanta MLB team offensive. (Of course, since they are owned by ultra-liberal Time-Warner, this will never be an issue with the perpetually outraged) In any case, I think it’s high time we got rid of the “Braves” moniker. I’m partial to “Georgia Crackers”.

Tyrone Slothrop on August 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM

As anyone with half a brain knows, this has nothing to do with sensitivity or compassion–merely a weapon for controlling people; what you’re allowed (by them) to think, what you are allowed to say. I say, stick it! (with a flaming arrow)

Don L on August 3, 2014 at 6:39 AM

George Washington was a slave owner.

So were blacks slave owners. There were six registered in Connecticut in colonial times. I await the calls for reparations….

Don L on August 3, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I couldn’t find any references besides Pinterest, but according to them the Redskins were the 5th highest selling team in terms of merchandise in 2012. That says quite a bit about what people thought of the name prior to it becoming the liberal outrage of the day.

airupthere on August 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM

How about “Washington Civil Unions”. They could use ” = ” as their mascot.

Or the Washington “Sheets” in honor of former Senator Robert Byrd. Senators like having things named after them right?

airupthere on August 3, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail, victory!
Braves on the warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

Scalp ‘em, swamp ‘um
We will take ‘um big score
Read ‘um, Weep ‘um, touchdown
We want heap more.

Fight on, fight on, till you have won
Sons of Washington
Rah! Rah! Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail, victory!
Braves on the warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

Galtian on August 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM

See, this is why the Geico caveman ads were so brilliant. “Even a caveman can do it.” Fill in ‘caveman’ with whatever group you like. The beauty of ‘caveman’ is that there are literally no cavemen around to be offended!Which is why the commercials were so funny – there actually were cavemen to be offended.

That said, I once got into it with a coworker who is Mexican-American/Latina/Hispanic – who knows what identity label she preferred? Anyway, she made some comment referring to me as ‘white.’ As a ‘Caucasian’ who is NOT fair-skinned, I told her I was offended and preferred the term “Anglo” to “white.”

That pretty much shut. her. mouth.

pascelle on August 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM

“I hope in the future that Americans will be thought of as a vicious, warlike people, because then people will name their High School teams “The Americans”, and that would be cool.”

– Jack Handy

Tom Servo

There’s at least one team out there called “The Americans” – - the Rochester, New York American Hockey League team is the “Americans” – “Amerks” for short.

While I loved going to games when I was a kid, I haven’t lived there since the mid-70′s, so can’t tell you whether it’s “controversial.”

BD57 on August 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Is there anything else that we can pick on that’s important?

mixplix on August 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM

It’s football. It’s a game. It was born in a compliment, not an insult. And some on the far left have far too much time on their hands. However, if they want to waste their brain power on this, rock on. One thing though, there is a right to pursue happiness in this country, not a right to not be offended. (I’m offended by the shear stupidity of this, but that’s my problem.)

WE WANT TO CHANGE THIS! Uh, the majority of folks have said no. Welcome to democracy, your opinion has been duly noted so now shut up and go find something else to whine about.

GeeWhiz on August 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I don’t think the Reds should change their name, and I’d still buy one of those T-shirts. Maybe I just enjoy the irony of it

..oh god, I’m turning into a hipster.

Reaps on August 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Once more, for the slow. . .

Bill of No Rights