Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time”

posted at 3:21 pm on July 30, 2014 by Allahpundit

It is indeed “hatin’,” not “hating,” as both CNN and ABC note, and that’s deliberate. His strategy in answering the GOP’s lawsuit in the court of public opinion is cynical and brilliant: He’s going to laugh the whole thing off as highfalutin nonsense, something the average joe shouldn’t spend two seconds thinking about. Obama the Harvard Law grad knows how significant the underlying separation-of-powers issues are and how weak his case is on the merits. So Obama the politician is going to reassure low-information voters who lack basic civics that the whole thing is basically a goof. That’s where the use of vernacular comes in — he’s as befuddled by this constitutional folderol as you are, America. It’s just “hatin’.” Needless to say, had George Bush responded to liberal worries about presidential signing statements by jovially accusing them of “hatin’,” the media would have dumped in its pants. MSNBC hosts would be demanding his resignation for treating matters of grave constitutional concern so dismissively and lefty bloggers would be wondering if Bush wasn’t showing symptoms of being a “dry drunk” in laughing off something this serious. As it is, hackery will prevail.

I’ve gotta say, pessimist though I am, I thought the public would be a harder sell on transitioning to a system of government by executive decree than telling them that the opposition’s just “hatin’” and don’t you worry your pretty heads about the details. Evidently it’s time to lower the bar of expectations once again. Here’s today’s clip followed by a blast from the past (2008) back when Obama thought checks and balances meant more than Congress “being mad.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I love the background full of LIV props. Where does he manage to find so many willing tools?

Cicero43 on July 30, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Universities, Union Shops, OFA Employees, the Local Social Welfare Office, etc…

D-fusit on July 30, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Sorry, had I known I was going to flip the page I would have shouted something first!

D-fusit on July 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM

The world is on fire, our economy is in shambles, the southern border no longer exists, and this clown is polishing his nose…

… I have a very bad feeling something horrible is about to happen.

Seven Percent Solution on July 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Obama can afford to laugh about the Third World illegal alien invasion of our nation that he has coordinated and paid for with our money; the average joe can’t.

AZCoyote on July 30, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Note too that his post-presidential plan isn’t to go back to Chicago, but to a mansion in a heavily guarded gated community of billionaires, and seeing as the typical resident is a limousine liberal, someone who looked like Obama back in his “choom gang” days would probably get shot for lurking there…

ConstantineXI on July 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM

This POS has got to go…sooner rather than later…

Doomsday on July 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM

OK: You stop being a narcissistic d**chebag, and we’ll stop hatin’.
Fair enough?

orangemtl on July 30, 2014 at 4:10 PM

… I have a very bad feeling something horrible is about to happen.

Seven Percent Solution on July 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I just hope that when DC gets nuked by the muslims Obama allowed across our open border he’s in it.

ConstantineXI on July 30, 2014 at 4:10 PM

This rich coming from the Hater-in-Chief.

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

If Leftists really want to consider the atmosphere of anger and hatin’, they should start at the White House.

Terp Mole on July 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM

“mmm mmm mmm, Barack Hussein Obama! mmm mmm mmm”

Choke on it drones.

otlset on July 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

coolrepublica on July 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM

It’s funny to see leftists cheering for fascism – much like those that have cheered for fascist dictators throughout history. Anyone giving Obama a pass on his executive action are far right wing by European definitions, but this reality would probably make coolrepublica’s head explode.

corkie on July 30, 2014 at 4:13 PM

no need to be upset, the Republicans already declared this as no big deal and it’s not the hill to die on

Doctor Zhivago on July 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Chris Rock, Presidential speech writer…

Oxymoron on July 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Sometimes I wonder if the election of Barack Hussein Obama was America’s second 9/11.

Key West Reader on July 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM

“mmm mmm mmm, Barack Hussein Obama! mmm mmm mmm”

Choke on it drones.

otlset on July 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

And to think that all of those kindergarten and 1st graders who where made to sing for this little man are all now in Junior High. I wonder how some of them feel about being made to sing those songs now. I imagine some of them are quite resentful to those teachers.

D-fusit on July 30, 2014 at 4:16 PM

My gawd, he looks seriously drugged up in that video clip.

Brat on July 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Key West Reader on July 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM

It will be it’s cause for sure.

ConstantineXI on July 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I felt that way, too, reading Brave New World and Atlas Shrugged. Nah, can’t happen here – at least not that way. Then 0bama came along……..

GWB on July 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM

i watched a bit of the video and what i can’t stand is his stupid plastic smile. he’s so incredibly dishonest that he has this “used car salesman” / “snake oil salesman” / “hey it’s cool, you can totally trust me!! i’ve got this” type of smile that intensely pisses me off. he knows full well that he is violating separation of powers, but he’s smiling so that he can pretend that it’s a joke to accuse him of that. HE is the joke here. he’s a screwed-up-in-the-head self-important arrogant manipulative piece of walking sh** and i hate him, and it’s his fault that i hate him, because he purposely chooses to do horrible things and then complains that so many people hate him.

Sachiko on July 30, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I could only get through 30 seconds of this steaming pile.

He seemed to be on something or maybe having a psychotic break.

tru2tx on July 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Obama’s clearly still fuming over Holder airlifting FBI agents to investigate MH17 downing that Omaha parade float.

Can anyone imagine conservatives fantasizing about Obama’s severed head?

Own the seething Leftist hate-mongering venom.

Terp Mole on July 30, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Cicero43 on July 30, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Universities, Union Shops, OFA Employees, the Local Social Welfare Office, etc…

D-fusit on July 30, 2014 at 4:07 PM

There never seems to be a shortage of useful idiots…particularly when one’s agenda is all about mass-producing them like widgets from a factory.

Athos on July 30, 2014 at 4:20 PM

“user-car salesman” is exactly what came to mind when i saw the picture of obama, sebelius, and pelosi used by reason to pic-caption an article (linked here) about the legislative language in obamacare.

how can anyone trust that joker’s smile? the man is a hyperpolitical charlatan.

jaxisaneurophysicist on July 30, 2014 at 4:03 PM

ewwwwww. *shudders* they all have the same weird smile. it’s so disturbing.

Why do I have an almost overpowering urge to SMACK THAT SMART-ASS across the mouth, just as I would a smartass mouthing off in junior high school???

(NSA – I said urge, not threat)

fred5678 on July 30, 2014 at 3:58 PM

i was thinking the same thing. i really wish something would hit him hard in the face (i said something! not someone, so i’m not referring to myself, lol) and then his jaw would swell up and HE WOULDN’T BE ABLE TO DO THAT DUMB CREEPY HIDEOUS FAKE SMILE ANYMORE and i would be soooo glad.

Sachiko on July 30, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Semi-related.
The EPW committee released a significant Minority Staff report entitled:
How a Club of Billionaires and Their Foundations Control the Environmental Movement and Obama’s EPA today. It is pretty scathing and troublesome.

More liberal money laundering from government to supporters and money from supporters to purchase influence with the Obama Admin.

Finally, this report is necessarily limited in its scope and only scratches the surface in its effort to document the money trail. Furthermore, as the Committee’s jurisdiction is limited to
oversight of the EPA and energy and environmental policy, so too this report is constrained to reviewing activities intended to influence such policy. There is an abundance of evidence to
suggest that this system is replicated across the progressive coalition. More investigation and oversight is needed.

airupthere on July 30, 2014 at 4:21 PM

“they’re mad cause i’m doin my job”. really? the guy is a simpleton. who constantly shows hate towards republicans.

i remember when he was trying to pass obamacare that he was telling republicans to get out of the way. now, he says come on and help. well which is it?

this guy is unbelievable and it’s even more shocking that he still has people who buy his bs!

jetch on July 30, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I hate dictators

TX-96 on July 30, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Another day of what’s this punk Kenyan going to do to the country today.

I’ll stop hating that evil POS when he’s dead.

No one has earned this much hated since Adolf.

Texyank on July 30, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Remember how Sarah Palin was an idiot for using “folksy” language? Remember how dripping her g’s showed her lack of seriousness and intelligence? Good times.

Judge_Dredd on July 30, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Like Moochelle, his law license was “voluntarily” surrendered. Which means misconduct, fraud, or at the very least a MAJOR f-up that would have had him disbarred.

ConstantineXI on July 30, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I read where he lied on his application for a law license by claiming he never used/sold drugs. That was why he never even got his license. Moochelle had some very nefarious dealings that caused her to surrender her license.

bimmcorp on July 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM

As Emeritus Malkin reminds us, Leftists have a total monopoly on assasination chic.

Own the climate of hatin’ Barry. It’s all yours.

Terp Mole on July 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Keep Obama in preznit, you know?

He gave us a phone!

He gonna do more!

Galtian on July 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Why is he using Hillary’s “I don’t feel no ways tarred” accent? Seriously, he looks drugged. Either pot or cocaine. He conspicuously wipes his nose. Probably coked up.

Brat on July 30, 2014 at 4:25 PM

“mmm mmm mmm, Barack Hussein Obama! mmm mmm mmm”

Choke on it drones.

otlset on July 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

D-fusit on July 30, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Back by popular request:

Mm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say “hooray!”

Hooray, Mr. President! You’re number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country’s economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we’re really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue —- Mr. President we know you’ll do the trick
So here’s a hearty hip-hooray —-

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

bimmcorp on July 30, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Stop wipin’ your azz with the Constitution all the time.

Meople on July 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM

The truth is it’s an almost involuntary visceral reaction to seeing his face now, built up over the past years of his presidency successfully degrading and dragging America down on all fronts, foreign and domestic. I get a tight clench in my gut and an almost irresistible urge to ram my fist through the TV screen. I’m not proud of it, it’s not good for my health, yet his very face or speaking voice engenders such a reaction now. I’m sure I’m not alone.

otlset on July 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM

We could do so much more… if Obama would just come on over and approve the Keystone XL pipeline.

Terp Mole on July 30, 2014 at 4:35 PM

the media would have dumped in its pants.

Not like they don’t already have a chronic dump in their skulls. What’s a little more poo when you’re already full of sh*%?

LetsBfrank on July 30, 2014 at 4:37 PM

“Don’t be cynical” — the oaf, who’s chief

Schadenfreude on July 30, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Don’t be a hater!
I’m a benevolent dictator.
I will fix it all with executive decree.
Just stop hatin’ on me!

– Obama

bitsy on July 30, 2014 at 4:41 PM

My gawd, he looks seriously drugged up in that video clip.

Brat on July 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Don’t forget: Snoop Dog was smokin’ dope in the White House last week.

Maybe he left a bag behind?

Turtle317 on July 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Outside of coolpubichair, where are the trolls?

D-fusit on July 30, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Wouldn’t today be the day that they load the Food Stamp debit cards?

slickwillie2001 on July 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Where to begin…

Even if the source of this alleged gridlock was GOP intransigence (and it isn’t), how does being snide and condescending make your opponents come to the negotiating table? “I know you don’t want me to be President, but come on, [snicker] don’t be mad! Come on! [chortle]”

He really is just an overgrown teenager.

Ted the Average on July 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM

The LIV that vote for Obama are the one’s who believe this drivel. They aren’t smart enough to realize they are the one’s Lerner is referring to the “hoi polloi” wanting equality.

TulsAmerican on July 30, 2014 at 4:46 PM

corkie on July 30, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Sadly that’s the bitter lesson of history…. All the stupid unicorn types supported authoritarian regimes all over the world. But then how do you expect educated illiterates to understand?

antisocial on July 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Assuming facts not in evidence.

cptacek on July 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM

King Barack excels at speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

As for the general public, you can’t fix STUPID.

GarandFan on July 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM

OT: Near a TV? Turn on Cavuto.

The most awesome sheriff in the US, after Arpaio, will be on Cavuto. His name is Rick Jones from Butler County, Ohio, the county in which Boehner’s gated-community home lies.

BuckeyeSam on July 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM

This azzwipe is not worth my hate.

Schadenfreude on July 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM

We don’t hate you, Barry. We just hate that you are an inept tool who is destroying the country.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Speak for yourself. I hate him with every fiber of my being.

How immature of him, don’t you just love when this child starts talking like some uneducated street hustler. He panders to these fools who to this very day still worship at his alter.

I pray that when the history of this era (error) is written that the whole world will be able to read the honest critique of this person and the actual damage caused by him to this once great nation.

D-fusit on July 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Speak for yourself, sir!! I hate the sumb*tch..as well as the Mooch and the two little grifters..Don’t care much for their two little dogs, either…

bimmcorp on July 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Alright. I HATE YOU OBAMA. YOU MAKE ME SICK YOU LIMP D!CK, STREET HUSTLING, GOOD FOR NOTHING STAIN ON OUR GREAT HISTORY.
You’re right. Feels good.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM

The president is making his pathos pleas to an ever shrinking pool of people. Because anyone with a basic, honest knowledge of civics realizes this is nothing but empty rhetoric.

Ultimately, its actually insulting. It’s a guy trying to use his familiarity with a particular demographic to hustle them. It’s a cheap appeal to use some type of kinship over truth and substance.

Marcus Traianus on July 30, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Isn’t this Barry’s 1st humor foray since his MH17 gaffe?

Remember when the highest form of Presidential leadership had agonized Aussie and Dutch widows gob-smacked upon learning Obama cynically raised campaign funds and joked about Bidenwhile addressing the still smoldering embers of their loved ones.

American Leftists must be reminded (over and over again) what their cynical hater-in-Chief jokes about.

Terp Mole on July 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM

“You’re doing a fine job, Brownie” — “chimpey”, being most prescient

Schadenfreude on July 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM

D-fusit on July 30, 2014 at 4:16 PM

The most intense hatred one ever feels is when they finally realize they have been LIED TO and break free of it.

ConstantineXI on July 30, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Obama: Why y’all hate me so much? Just drop yo’ britches and bend over while I love ya! I’m your Deliverance!

Steve Z on July 30, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Geez you people are Mean!!

Ned will be here shortly to enlighten you about
the greatness of this man…..

in the meantime, I will opine,

Suck on the Wet End, Azzwipe.

ToddPA on July 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM

America, f*ckedcountry.gov.

wkh on July 30, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Lois Lerner’s email? Ain’t no h8ng?

65droptop on July 30, 2014 at 5:01 PM

This guy is a whiny, incompetent fool.

rplat on July 30, 2014 at 5:02 PM

We’ve got this big…….messeh….tough……..democraceh…..

Yeah. This a**hole is a genius orator. But it’s not him I hate. Rather the idiots who’ve no business near a voting booth.

Judge_Dredd on July 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM

No one has earned this much hated since Adolf.

Texyank on July 30, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I believe that is where he will end up in history. He has done everything in his power (including power he does not have) to make sure Iran gets nukes, and to make sure that our border doesn’t exist.

The net result is going to be the nuking of a major US city (most likely New York or DC) by islamic terrorists and the deaths of thousands, possibly MILLIONS will be on Barry.

ConstantineXI on July 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Ebola crosses the border into the US: “Hey, stop hatin’ all the time.”

vlad martel on July 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Speak the truth and Give them hell, King Barry!!

Haters gonna hate. Keep on keepin’ on, Mr. President.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM

You’re an effing azzhole and so is your boy king. I.Hate.His.Fvcking.Guts.

BeachBum on July 30, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Key West Reader on July 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Get on over to the Lois Lerner thread, jimbo56 is giving us the real poop on the original 9/11! Pretzel 101.

Del Dolemonte on July 30, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Remember Obama asked SEAL Team 6 to “come on over and get something done.” Didn’t work out so well for them.

Agonized parents, widows and orphans of our brave SEAL Team 6 heroes (betrayed by the Obama regime’s Extortion 17 cover-up) weren’t hatin’ when they wrote “Betrayed: The Shocking True Story of Extortion 17 as told by a Navy SEAL’s Father.”

Impeachment articles are long overdue.

Terp Mole on July 30, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Speakin of haitin, how many more days before this POS is gone – coz I ain’t likin any of it.

forheremenaremen on July 30, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Ned’s afraid of losing his gubmint cheese.

CurtZHP on July 30, 2014 at 5:11 PM

This azzwipe is not worth my hate.

Schadenfreude on July 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM

If you mean to say that he’s worth much more than just your hate, I agree.

If you don’t hate this piece of shit, you’re not paying attention.

And I know you’re paying attention. :)

Midas on July 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Cicero43 on July 30, 2014 at 4:02 PM

He blows his secret racist dogwhistle.

Ward Cleaver on July 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM

I’ve got a roll of bills with Andrew Jackson’s picture on them that any LIVeral’s here at HA can win if … IF they can show me evidence that King Putt … er … pardon me, … the Constitutional Law Professor is … IS IN FACT a certified, (and honorariums are NOT APPLICABLE) legitimately mantled PROFESSOR of ANYTHING.

The sundial is running.

Missilengr on July 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM

The Obama regime unleashed multiple outbreaks of deadly Norovirus in Seattle (8th largest illegal alien resettlement area in the country).

Stop hatin’ and taste the rainbow.

Terp Mole on July 30, 2014 at 5:18 PM

What an embarrassment to the office. He is such an immature clown. And all of those drones just lap up whatever he says.

tommer74 on July 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Will someone ask Holder to stop hatin’ on Omaha parade floats?

Terp Mole on July 30, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Judge_Dredd on July 30, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I hate it (there’s that word) when he puts on that folksy act. What crap.

Ward Cleaver on July 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Is even the Wise Latina hatin’?

What is it, 12 or 13 9-0 SCOTUS decisions against Obama?

gwelf on July 30, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I hate it (there’s that word) when he puts on that folksy act. What crap.

Ward Cleaver on July 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM

He’s not even as good as Hillary at it. Stuttering clusterf**k is a good observation from whomever invented SCOAMF.

Judge_Dredd on July 30, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Just watched this video, and I am not just saying this to be funny…this man has a serious coke problem. Always has and always will.

bigGwillie on July 30, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Try leading and stop your incessant whining.

rplat on July 30, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Bookmark these videos for use when the House wins the case.

When the House Leadership is laughing their asses off, it will, of course, be racist.

J_Crater on July 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

bigGwillie on July 30, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Agreed. His behavior is reckless and juvenile…like a cokehead’s. Instead of talking impeachment we should be demanding that he undergo drug screening.

gracie on July 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

New Journo-list style group with 1000+ members uncovered:
From the article:

The group has the self-described goal of creating a “more coordinated” movement for liberals across the country. Among those included on the membership list are:

Damon Silver, Policy Director for the AFL-CIO
Benjamin Joffe-Walk, Chief of Staff at Change.org
Medea Benjamin, co-founder of CODEPINK
Elizabeth Rose, Director of Communications at the Economic Policy Institute
Philip Radford, Executive Director of Greenpeace until earlier this year
Ilyse Hogue, President of NARAL
Raven Brooks, Executive Director of Netroots Nation
Adam Green, co-founder of the Progressive Change Campaign Committee
Deirdre Schifeling, National Director Organizing & Electoral Campaigns for Planned Parenthood

From their policy manual:

Gamechanger Salon is a space for 1400+ experienced change makers from different “worlds” of the movement to share stories, honest reflections,interesting articles, and provocative ideas on how we build a stronger, more coordinated, more game-changing movement for the 21st Century – with the ultimate goal of: free people living in fair societies on a healthy planet. That’s right – 1400+ diverse progressive change-makers on a listserve, and we have somehow managed not to kill each other. Miracles do happen! Our secret:
extremely strict ground rules, vigilant moderation, and a culture of love, respect, learning, and giving each other the benefit of the doubt. At its best, Gamechanger Salon should feel like a really fun conference. Except you don’t have to pay $500, everyone gets to be on a panel, and there’s no carbon footprint. :) After three years, we’ve only begun to scratch the surface of what this space can be. We invite you to re-imagine and co-create it with us…
Welcome and enjoy!

WHO IS COVERED AND NOT COVERED BY THE NO-DISSING RULE?
Given our size and diversity, it is inevitable thatsome people on the list willconsider others on the list to be not part of “the movement.” We tend to erron the side of inclusion. The Democratic Party and prominent elected officials such as President Obama are NOT covered by the No-Dissing Rule because they are an extension of the government and part of their job is to be held accountable by the public. However, we encourage people not to go overboard
with dissing anyone, even right-wingers, corporations and electeds – cuz too much dissing can create a toxic vibe. Companies that work with right-leaning clients are also exceptions to the no-dissing rule. But they are in a grey area if they have many progressive staff. Anything in a grey area will be evaluated by moderators on a case by case basis.

What is the larger vision?
The 2-3 year vision is to facilitate more connection among the leadership of our various movements. The 5-20 year vision is to build a winning and transformative progressive Super Movement that adapts our movement-building model to 21st Century opportunities and conditions.

airupthere on July 30, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Notice they never show the audience, though. I bet it’s not a whole bunch of people.

The usual suspects are there (to protect their money) but that’s it.

PattyJ on July 30, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Obama has rope-a-doped these GOP clowns hard

And consider the odd situation in which that leaves the President. As much as he has been under attack from Republicans over executive authority, he has a political incentive to bait Republicans into talking more about impeachment, which would both build pressure for it within the GOP and force them to deny it to the media. The best way for him to do so is to take more unilateral action on issues like immigration. That would incense Republicans, who would then rush to the cameras to decry his lawlessness, which would lead journalists to ask them whether they’re going to impeach him, which would lead them to tie themselves in knots denying it. Obama would get both the policy results he wants and the political benefit of making his opponents look like they’re about to drag the country into a repeat of the farce of 1998.
So yes, the talk of impeachment is in part a plot by the White House. But they’re only exploiting the pressure that exists within the GOP — pressure that John Boehner and the rest of the party leadership helped create. And if you think you’ve seen Republicans squirming uncomfortably over the question up until now, just you wait.

How dare Obama do things?!? He isn’t the “Decider” like good old Dubya. He is a tyrant or something, and Republicans started whipping up their hardcore base with promises of impeachable offenses that Republicans are entirely incapable of articulating without using terms so vague it might appear at the bottom of a credit card agreement.

This leaves President Obama in the perfect position to keep Rope-a-Doping these GOP clowns as hard as he wants to.

GOP won’t pass any immigration laws? Obama can issue some executive orders.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:43 PM

ConstantineXI on July 30, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Well, no, it means that they quit practicing law. Why would they want to spend time at the law office, when they can follow in Bill and Hillary’s footsteps and make more money giving overpriced speeches for $125K apiece?

I remember thinking on election night in 2012 after Obama clinched re-election that nothing’s ever going to be good again. And now it looks like Obama and his supporters are setting our country into an irreversible decline.

So let’s not make up things about the Obamas that we don’t have evidence for. The truth is bad enough.

J.S.K. on July 30, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I love it; even CNN and ABC tacitly admit the guy’s an embarrassment – they can’t print it the way the slackjawed f*ckwit said it; they have to pretty it up for him.

Racists.

Midas on July 30, 2014 at 5:49 PM

My best advice to you, Mr. President… just stop hatin’ all the time.

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2014 at 5:53 PM

GOP won’t pass any immigration laws? Obama can issue some executive orders.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:43 PM

How many of the little children will You be taking in dickwad?

BeachBum on July 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM

GOP won’t pass any immigration laws? Obama can issue some executive orders.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:43 PM

How many more laws we need KeninCT?

Judge_Dredd on July 30, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Just saw a short clip on TV. His eyes….definitely choomed.

Brat on July 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Now, Mr. Obama, why do you think people are beginning to really hate you??

Because you’re not merely a jerk, you are a tyrant, is why.

To bad Virginia does not live up to its state flag, anymore.

Why, they helped elect a tyrant rather than did thusly to him.

Hey, where is that adorable Michelle these days??

Don’t like the tyrant’s wife much either.

Sherman1864 on July 30, 2014 at 6:10 PM

For a guy who says he never watches TV or reads blogs he sure is tuned into and super sensitive to any criticism.
#thinskinned
#narcisst

albill on July 30, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Too(that is)

Sherman1864 on July 30, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Obama is a punk and an immature bully.

CW on July 30, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Keep on keepin’ on, Mr. President.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM

He isn’t going anywhere. Except down. He can’t go back, he can’t move forward. He’s treading water. The only question is whether or when, in his last 2 tread-water years, he goes down for good.

de rigueur on July 30, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Haters gonna hate. Keep on keepin’ on, Mr. President.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Obama doesn’t need any encouragement to hate.

From earlier in the thread:

This rich coming from the Hater-in-Chief.

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

Terp Mole on July 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Thanks, Terp Mole for taking the time to pull those quotes up from the Hater-In-Chief.

INC on July 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

J.S.K. on July 30, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I’m not kidding when I say they’ll file bankruptcy in five to seven years after leaving office.

On Thursday, Obama said, “I was in my 40s when we finished paying off our debt. And — and we should have been saving for Malia and Sasha by that time…

Those student loans were less than $100K, they were making ~$400K+ for years, and he admits they weren’t saving for their daughters’ futures.

Whether he’s telling the truth or not is something else entirely, but I suspect they’ll be no different than the pro ball players who establish a lifestyle, retire, and then have no idea how to manage their money.

rogerb on July 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Did he give the audience high-fives and lead an Arsenio-like chant, too? The guy is a complete and utter embarrassment. There’s nothing brilliant about his response…it’s dangerous. He’s willfully leading his flock and this country over the precipice.

changer1701 on July 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Ned’s panickin’!

CurtZHP on July 30, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Obama can issue some executive orders.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Of course executives can give orders, but Obama can’t issue illegal orders. That’s what he’s been doing. But blind supporters like you cheer for actions usually taken by fascist dictators.

corkie on July 30, 2014 at 6:31 PM

There will be no smirk on his face when he has the come to Jesus moment. He will have to answer for it all.

crosshugger on July 30, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Interesting how often Prez O’BoutMe resorts to ghetto-speak when talking to his constituents. I’m starting to think that our dear leader is racist.

WestTexasBirdDog on July 30, 2014 at 6:35 PM