Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time”

posted at 3:21 pm on July 30, 2014 by Allahpundit

It is indeed “hatin’,” not “hating,” as both CNN and ABC note, and that’s deliberate. His strategy in answering the GOP’s lawsuit in the court of public opinion is cynical and brilliant: He’s going to laugh the whole thing off as highfalutin nonsense, something the average joe shouldn’t spend two seconds thinking about. Obama the Harvard Law grad knows how significant the underlying separation-of-powers issues are and how weak his case is on the merits. So Obama the politician is going to reassure low-information voters who lack basic civics that the whole thing is basically a goof. That’s where the use of vernacular comes in — he’s as befuddled by this constitutional folderol as you are, America. It’s just “hatin’.” Needless to say, had George Bush responded to liberal worries about presidential signing statements by jovially accusing them of “hatin’,” the media would have dumped in its pants. MSNBC hosts would be demanding his resignation for treating matters of grave constitutional concern so dismissively and lefty bloggers would be wondering if Bush wasn’t showing symptoms of being a “dry drunk” in laughing off something this serious. As it is, hackery will prevail.

I’ve gotta say, pessimist though I am, I thought the public would be a harder sell on transitioning to a system of government by executive decree than telling them that the opposition’s just “hatin’” and don’t you worry your pretty heads about the details. Evidently it’s time to lower the bar of expectations once again. Here’s today’s clip followed by a blast from the past (2008) back when Obama thought checks and balances meant more than Congress “being mad.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

He is the DOTUS

DIVA of the United States.

Always drama, always about stirring up a crapstorm.

Always about HIM HIM HIM!

IMPEACH his Mariah Carey behind.

PappyD61 on July 30, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Bmore

Schadenfreude on July 30, 2014 at 6:37 PM

But Mr. President if the people who love to hate would stop hating on EVERYTHING you do, then what else would be left for them to do?

coolrepublica

You REALLY ARE a special kind of kool-aid drinking STUPID, aren’t you?

Gothguy on July 30, 2014 at 6:38 PM

How dare Obama do things?!? He isn’t the “Decider” like good old Dubya. He is a tyrant or something, and Republicans started whipping up their hardcore base with promises of impeachable offenses that Republicans are entirely incapable of articulating without using terms so vague it might appear at the bottom of a credit card agreement.

This leaves President Obama in the perfect position to keep Rope-a-Doping these GOP clowns as hard as he wants to.

GOP won’t pass any immigration laws? Obama can issue some executive orders.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Hey look it’s the deranged commenter HotAirLib aka HillAreWe.

Sing daisy for us tw@t. LOLOLOL

Please, please issue executive orders on immigration. I look forward to the red tsunami in Nov 2014 and Nov 2016.

HumpBot Salvation on July 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM

I watched archived footage of Martin Luther King on Meet the Press last night. I was struck how intellectual and in depth the interview was. MLK answered in a smart, insightful manner. The interviewers asked tough questions. I couldn’t imagine a smart interview occurring on Meet the Press today. The shallowness of our political discourse.

Politicians speak to the American people as if we were idiots. And honestly both sides do it.

terryannonline on July 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Those student loans were less than $100K, they were making ~$400K+ for years, and he admits they weren’t saving for their daughters’ futures.

Whether he’s telling the truth or not is something else entirely, but I suspect they’ll be no different than the pro ball players who establish a lifestyle, retire, and then have no idea how to manage their money.

rogerb on July 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Maybe not. He should get at least as much as the Clintons on the lecture circuit so he should be able to just keep ahead of the bill collectors.

Johnnyreb on July 30, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I hate everything about that miserable worthless half-white scumbag tryant. I hate how he has “transformed” the country and all those who enable him.

Hey, King Hussein of Hyde Park…I HATE YOU ASSHOLE, and as long as I have the First Amendment away, I will keep sayin’ it.

sauldalinsky on July 30, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Well he just got sued by the house bite you son of a b@tch

sorrowen on July 30, 2014 at 6:53 PM

terryannonline on July 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM

I remember those days! Our media today is all about BREAKING NEWS, gotcha’s, call out’s and shallow confrontations.

d1carter on July 30, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Stop bein’ an evil piece of shit all the time.

S. D. on July 30, 2014 at 7:09 PM

40 years of federal government, unions, and leftist academics steadily increasing their influence and control over education at all levels has given us an electorate nearly completely ignorant in the essentials of our form of government and of basic economics. They are parasitic drones.

Until we are willing to address that problem, things will continue to deteriorate. Republicans will be elected from time to time to clean up messes, but the public is too much addicted to the pork gravy to allow what truly needs to be done.

Adjoran on July 30, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I don’t watch or listen to our embarrassing president anymore. It’s almost too embarrassing to even admit he is our president.

NotCoach on July 30, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Can’t stand the sound or site of him. He is embarassing. Weak, stupid, lying, poser.

magicbeans on July 30, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I don’t get a chance to post here as often as I used to, but has the level of “conversation” taken a new downward slant?! Pretty sure I got banned for awhile back in the olden days for saying far less than what’s posted here now! Has Obama’s reign in the White house caused all of us to lose any filters we ever had?

BettyRuth on July 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM

So tired of him acting cool when the crowd is on his side. He sounds like a damn teenager in these speeches.

poppieseeds on July 30, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Dog Eater is like Washington, Lincoln, and Reagan rolled into one big pile of preznidential dignity.

Did he finish his speech by saying, “Sheee-it, the republicans be a bunch of jive turkey muthafluckas.”

Bishop on July 30, 2014 at 7:23 PM

I need to start eating dog. But not them ankle-biters. Real dogs.

Judge_Dredd on July 30, 2014 at 7:26 PM

d1carter on July 30, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Here is the interview I was referring to.

terryannonline on July 30, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Still find “Dog Eater” to be completely hilarious. I will hate Barry forever for that.

BettyRuth on July 30, 2014 at 7:27 PM

He’s the first (half) black prez. Don’t be hatin’ on the man.

The Rogue Tomato on July 30, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Johnnyreb on July 30, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I can’t see it. Bill Clinton is a master politician and can talk off-the-cuff about anything. People should want to hear him speak.

Barry not so much. Once he is a former-president his stock will fall precipitously because there’s really nothing there. What Fortune-500 corporation will want this smarmy jackass giving a speech to them?

slickwillie2001 on July 30, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Stop the dictatin’!

K. Hobbit on July 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Only the very sickest of men could possibly think opposition to any of his actions is hate.

VorDaj on July 30, 2014 at 8:04 PM

BettyRuth on July 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Sachiko on July 30, 2014 at 8:07 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 30, 2014 at 7:53 PM

F-500 companies are full of political has beens. Its payback, and not due to their skills. Take, for instance, lil’ Timmy Geithner. What friggin’ company would hire him and let him make financial decisions?

BobMbx on July 30, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Adjoran on July 30, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Once the rot sets in, the probability is that things will continue to deteriorate into a circus of violence, especially given the ethnic makeup of our country.

claudius on July 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I saw a little bit of this performance on the news. Our president makes me want to ralph.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2014 at 8:35 PM

There are a lot of people Obama can talk to who will just shake their heads yes to what he’s saying. I’m sure there are people out there who believe, “if what Obama was doing was really unconstitutional, the Democrats would join the Republicans and protect the country.” Little do they suspect the Democrats have no love for the constitution and the sooner they can get rid of it, or change it so suit their desires, the better.

bflat879 on July 30, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Sure, Barry. You first.

College Prof on July 30, 2014 at 9:05 PM

I think I made it through about 20 seconds of that video. I cannot tolerate anything about this POS. He looks stoned and he’s talking “down” to his LIV love-in. God help us get through the next 2 years. So very sad what has happened to this great country of ours. He’s made a mockery of the office and we have lost much respect .. I hope before I die I get to see us right ourselves..

vamp57mw on July 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

They’ll never be another President like him again.

Thank God.

itsspideyman on July 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

GOP won’t pass any immigration laws? Obama can issue some executive orders.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:43 PM

You don’t have any concept of how the American system of government works, do you, comrade?

Athanasius on July 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM

BettyRuth on July 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Sachiko on July 30, 2014 at 8:07 PM

And it started somewhere around the first time he declared “I Won! The pubcans can ride da bus but dey gots ta ride in the BACK!” And that shit stain VJ said something like (paraphrasing) “This is OUR time. Your either with us or against us.”

rottenrobbie on July 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM

GOP won’t pass any immigration laws? Obama can issue some executive orders.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Athanasius on July 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I never thought I’d want HotAirLib back, but at least he wasn’t a clown.

Might as well be arguing with a stuck carhorn.

itsspideyman on July 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Might as well be arguing with a stuck carhorn.

itsspideyman on July 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Hahaha what a great line!

otlset on July 30, 2014 at 10:06 PM

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS!!!!!!

RdLake on July 30, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Sometimes I have the best time laughing my head off at comments here!

otlset on July 30, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Stop being an imperialist wacko and we will stop complaining about you being an imperialist wacko.

But he won’t because he seems to believe that being an imperialist wacko makes him the perfect President. For a narcissist like Obama, everybody else has to be the problem, because it is not possible in his mind that he could be in any way wrong about any thing.

In his one-dimensional world of reasoning, the only basis for people being critical of him has to be that the critics must be terribly flawed, ignorant, hateful, racist, etc.

s1im on July 30, 2014 at 11:12 PM

His hands creep me out.

TimBuk3 on July 31, 2014 at 12:09 AM

The White House further demanded that President Barack Obama be impeached immediately and his martyrdom be spoken of throughout the land with reverence.

J_Crater on July 31, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I will translate: this constitutional criticism of Me is trivial.

J.B. Say on July 31, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Might as well be arguing with a stuck carhorn.

itsspideyman on July 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Dude, you don’t step in juicy turd. You walk over it and pass it by.

J.B. Say on July 31, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Might as well be arguing with a stuck carhorn.

itsspideyman on July 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Thanks for the lulz.

MisterElephant on July 31, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Obama your only a lawlessly incompetent fool who thinks hyperhole answers everything and failed at launching your own attempt at socialized medicine. Yet we conservatives are to stop hatin?? You suck at governing and you suck worse at making comprehensible law….

sorrowen on July 31, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Too bad Obama is the one doing all the hating… the great “divider”…

snoozinglion on July 31, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Too bad Obama is the one doing all the hating… the great “divider”…
snoozinglion on July 31, 2014 at 1:09 AM
That’s the one thing he is good at BS all the time.

sorrowen on July 31, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Obama is a cancer, happy to metastasize. Look he’s trippin.

J.B. Say on July 31, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Can you please stop showing his picture…maybe just show the Presidential Seal or something…

Thanks…
PatriotRider on July 30, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Show a Redskins helmet.

ignatzk on July 31, 2014 at 1:40 AM

FTG.

Kenosha Kid on July 31, 2014 at 1:49 AM

“Nobody ever went broke underestimatin’ the intelligence of the American Public.”

-Snoop Mencken-

jbspry on July 31, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Obama thinks life is his pep rally.

A clown without class.

profitsbeard on July 31, 2014 at 3:28 AM

Would someone please tell the jive turkey in chief to step back and look in the mirror.
I’ve never heard more hate than from the Demoncrats.

kregg on July 31, 2014 at 5:10 AM

We tend to hate the ones that kill us and destroy our lives.

If you don’t know that king putt is doing that, your brain is not working.

dogsoldier on July 31, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Preezy’s getting all wee-wee’d up cuz they be treatin’ him like a dawg.

What a loser!

onlineanalyst on July 31, 2014 at 5:40 AM

This is our Third World president.

Ugly times ahead.

petefrt on July 31, 2014 at 7:12 AM

What to do about our Petulant President?

My take.

kingsjester on July 31, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Allah, you have a way of just ruining a man’s day. Pardon me, I need to go take my antidepressant now.

SmallishBees on July 31, 2014 at 7:34 AM

For a constitutional law professor he sho do talk stoopid …

crazywater on July 31, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Wow, this from a guy who built his entire career on his hate for his opposition.

JungleCogs on July 31, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Correct me if I’m wrong… But I thought O was a lecturer? The title “Professor” is awarded by a university. Students may call a lecturer “Professor,” but that doesn’t make him/her one.

You don’t need a doctorate or terminal degree to be a professor, but in most institutions that’s generally how if works.

mankai on July 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Can’t decide who is more disgusting–Obama or those idiots who are laughing and cheering him on.
He not only looks high, he looks like a complete fool.

bailey24 on July 31, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Obama was never a professor.

ignatzk on July 30, 2014 at 3:27 PM

That is true.

I humbly submit that Allahpundit should edit the headline with scare quotes around “law professor.”

UltimateBob on July 30, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I agree.

Obama was a “guest lecturer” not a professor, and for the one class he taught, he read the notes that Bernardine Dohrn (Bill Ayers’ wife) had prepared for him to read.

Even before he became a politician he was essentially reading from a teleprompter.

ITguy on July 31, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Correct me if I’m wrong…

mankai on July 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM

You are correct.

ITguy on July 31, 2014 at 9:00 AM

In his best black-preacher-impersonating sing-song fake southern accent. Exquisitely irritating to anyone who isn’t an immature panting sycophant hoping for a chance to kiss his asterisk. Sycophants such as those clustered behind him in the video – thrilled to be props for their god’s performance.

GGMac on July 31, 2014 at 9:05 AM

- Allah

So in the eternal struggle of “idiot or liar?” Allah comes down on Liar. And clearly O’Bozo is a liar. But on balance I am more certain than ever that the correct answer is Idiot. Obama is the stupidest two term President in American history, with no one in second place.

He makes Bill Rapist Clinton look like a genius and a patriot.

Jaibones on July 31, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Why Palestine always be hatin’ on Israel?

TarasBulbous on July 31, 2014 at 9:10 AM

The great cole slaw conspiracy was my favorite part of the speech. He was choomed and had the munchies for some slaw.

Obama took the stage at 11:06 a.m. and referenced his dinner at Bryant’s and that he tried to order cole slaw as a side, but the restaurant was out of it.

“They had run out of cole slaw, which I asked, ‘Did you save some cole slaw for me?’ They said, ‘No.’ They hadn’t saved any for me,” Obama said.

At one minute in, Dr. Obama gives “bend your knees” advice. After that he goes all Queeg about the cole slaw. Then he gets heckled, says he believes in God. At the 2:00 mark, the creepy chanting begins.

Brat on July 31, 2014 at 9:15 AM

GGMac on July 31, 2014 at 9:05 AM

New here? And yet so … perfect?

Jaibones on July 31, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Mr “I will not compromise” It’s either my way or you’re a bigot obstructionist. How can the world’s most powerful country allow this charlatan to continue?

RdLake on July 31, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Correct me if I’m wrong… But I thought O was a lecturer?

mankai on July 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM

O’Bozo, the Clown President, as described by U of C law professor:

Jaibones on July 31, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Sixth-grader in chief.

What an embarrassment.

pambi on July 31, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I understand the anger expressed toward O’Bozo–he is truly an immature nincompoop. But if you really want to dislike someone, look at the person sitting next to you on the train or at the cinema. That idiot is the one who voted for the crapweasel.

MisterElephant on July 31, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but the link of Dip#$** answering a campaign question was cut off and “miraculously” the video is unavailable..

That was the hardest 2 minutes I had to endure listening to that putz.

-west

mr_west on July 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I’ll stop hatin when you stop overreaching…

sorrowen on July 31, 2014 at 11:13 AM

He reminds me of Xerxes in the movie 300. Right down to the uncertain sexual preferences.

SteveThomas on July 31, 2014 at 11:24 AM

SteveThomas on July 31, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Lol 300 at least had Eva Green but yeah he does remind me of Xerxes.

sorrowen on July 31, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Obama may have a make shift degree but he hasn’t got a clue about the Constitution of The United States!
I don’t know how he has a degree in anything but for Affirmative Action
He is an illiterate fool. A laughing stock around the world.
But he will be living off the American Tax Payer for the rest of his life and for that the joke is on us

Delsa on July 31, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Isn’t he just so cool!!

mel23059 on July 31, 2014 at 12:06 PM

He has to joke. He’s got nothing else. His administration is a joke. His one and only “accomplishment” Obamacare got him the 2010 “shellackin.” And that’s getting steadily whittled down in the courts. He’s a loser.

bluesdoc70 on July 31, 2014 at 12:23 PM

bluesdoc70 on July 31, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Obamacare has become a joke just like him no one understands and it’s a unworkable mess. Just like his administration that he can’t effectively run.

sorrowen on July 31, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Surprising no one directly asks Mr Prez why he refuses to build the XL pipeline, why he refuses to seal the border when there’s so many citizens out of work, why he’s comfortable with high unemployment, historical highs of people getting checks from Welfare & Disability, Why it’s never considered to lower the highest corporate tax rate in the world, why we don’t go to a flat or fair tax which will minimize the IRS, let’s see him BS his way out of that.

RdLake on July 31, 2014 at 12:34 PM

You can believe that if you want, but it’s just isn’t true.

oscarwilde on July 30, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Yep, the foundation had been laid by others before him and he is trying to get the progressive structure dried in before the 2016 elections. By the time most folks wake up, the only thing left for the Republicans to do is pick out the kitchen paint colour and a couple of drapes.

HonestLib on July 31, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Why don’t you and Mooch take a long trip to a few West Africa countries and press the flesh with the locals…

PatriotRider on July 31, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Stop hatin’ on what I’m doing to the country you rich Yankee pigs.

I’m turnin da country over to the poor landscaping class to do yo lawns.

So stop hatin’ on me foh it.

PappyD61 on July 31, 2014 at 2:03 PM

What’s with the goofy look on his face, the goofy expressions, the watery eyes?

petefrt on July 31, 2014 at 2:25 PM

It’s typical to denigrate something by mispronouncing it or shortening its pronunciation:

Negro — n!gger
Chinese — ch!nk
Hispanic — sp!c

He’s going to laugh the whole thing off

You say hatin’, I say hating, let’s laugh the whole thing off.

LashRambo on July 31, 2014 at 2:55 PM

David Burge @iowahawkblog · Jul 29

If Obama wants to be impeached so bad, why wait on Congress? Hell, just sign an executive order. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/40-years-after-Watergate-the-president-wants-to-be-impeached.html

davidk on July 31, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Of course executives can give orders, but Obama can’t issue illegal orders. That’s what he’s been doing. But blind supporters like you cheer for actions usually taken by fascist dictators.

corkie on July 30, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Well, sure he can. He is. What is to be done about it? Nothing, that’s what.

cptacek on July 31, 2014 at 3:43 PM

rogerb on July 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Drugs don’t just show up on the countertop, yo.

cptacek on July 31, 2014 at 3:44 PM

GOP won’t pass any immigration laws? Obama can issue some executive orders.

Ned Pepper on July 30, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Hey look it’s the deranged commenter HotAirLib aka HillAreWe.

Sing daisy for us tw@t. LOLOLOL

HumpBot Salvation on July 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM

He’s plagiarizing again. That line is word-for-word from a dKos post by (ahem) MinistryOfTruth, aka Jesse LaGreca. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/30/1317750/-Obama-has-rope-a-doped-these-GOP-clowns-hard?detail=email

Or he is Jesse LaGreca.

Buck Farky on July 31, 2014 at 4:15 PM

He really is the world’s biggest jackass. Is he not?

TarheelBen on July 31, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Why do people insist on calling him a ‘Constitutional Law Professor’ when his actual title (if you can call it that) was ‘Visiting Lecturer’ in a class called “Rights, Race and Gender.” That’s the same title universities use to allow actors, terrorists and journalists to get a check for indoctrinating teaching a class when they don’t have the credentials to actually teach.

NielsZoo on July 31, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Didn’t watch the clip.

Did he rub his eye with the F You finger cleverly extended?

Did he reference Sarah Palin with a thinly veiled “lipstick on a pig” comment?

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 1, 2014 at 12:15 AM

“… That’s where the use of vernacular comes in — he’s as befuddled by this constitutional folderol as you are, America. It’s just “hatin’.” Needless to say, had George Bush responded to liberal worries about presidential signing statements by jovially accusing them of “hatin’,” the media would have dumped in its pants. MSNBC hosts would be demanding his resignation for treating matters of grave constitutional concern so dismissively and lefty bloggers would be wondering if Bush wasn’t showing symptoms of being a “dry drunk” in laughing off something this serious.”

Thanks Allah! The fact that there are is a HUGE crowd of sycophants in the background (and in the media) just yucking it up and applauding is terrifying to me.
What scares me even more is the Obama-White House and the Democrats in congress throwing around the idea of impeachment. It seems that they are getting ready to drop a bomb on our Constitution and take our Republic to the brink of disaster and daring Republicans in the House or Senate to do anything about it.

That the Republicans are running like scalded dogs should make every American very afraid.

shorebird on August 1, 2014 at 12:42 AM