Hillary: On second thought, maybe some of these illegal immigrant children shouldn’t be sent back

posted at 12:41 pm on July 28, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via America Rising, a few weeks ago she told Christiane Amanpour that kids coming across the border would have to be sent back. That was the same opinion held by Nancy Pelosi initially — in exchange for the GOP agreeing to Obama’s border funding request, the House could tweak the 2008 child-trafficking law to make it easier for the feds to send kids back to Central America expeditiously. Then the Congressional Hispanic Caucus declared that it opposed changing the trafficking law; suddenly Pelosi had an epiphany and decided that she opposed it too. And now, lo and behold, here’s Hillary having the same epiphany. She too opposes changing the child-trafficking law, no doubt knowing that the alternative — releasing young illegals to family members in the U.S. while they wait for a deportation hearing — means countless numbers will escape the system. Greg Sargent’s right: She’s moving to Obama’s left to start her pandering to Latino voters bright and early before 2016.

The comic charm of this video, though, is that she’s trying to pull this move while chatting with Jorge Ramos, which means no matter how hard she strains to move left, she ends up awkwardly forced to defend herself to a guy who’s even farther left than she is. No, she reassures Ramos, I don’t support the child-trafficking law; no, I don’t want kids who qualify as legit “refugees” to be sent home; yes, I do support Obama’s (terrible) idea to begin processing refugee applications in Central America. She’s pandering as hard as she can. The only line she draws is that kids who don’t qualify for “refugee” status must be sent back in theory, since, as noted above, in practice, many won’t be sent back anyway. But she’s saying all of this to a guy who’s on record as believing that America shouldn’t deport children, period. What you’re watching here, basically, is a debate between someone who’s avowedly in favor of open borders versus someone who prefers open borders on the sly, so that she can pretend to independents next year that she’s kinda sorta serious about border enforcement. In fact, I’d go so far as to say this is near-definitive proof that she’s running for president. If she wasn’t worried about alienating centrists, she could join Ramos in the “legalize ‘em” parade.

By the way, per the Washington Times, immigration activists will be picketing the White House today demanding that illegal immigrants be included in White House deliberations on this issue. We normally invite foreigners into the Oval Office for negotiations on domestic policy, don’t we?

Comments

They are NOT “illegal immigrant children”.

They are usurpers. “Immigrant” denotes legality.

Hillaryscum can go to Hell, with Will.

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 12:42 PM

So would “speak-o” in this context be racist?

rogerb on July 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM

80% are not children.

obama’s pen strike considers them “children” up to the age of 30.

70% of the US legal population want them out and deported.

Stop them from entering in the first place.

All traitors of the Land of Laws, the hottest layer of Hell is not hot enough for you.

Wake up legal minorities of the US, the middle/lower classes and the taxpyers – you are 2nd class citizens now and all the thugs in DC laugh at you.

If not, work harder, so you can be robbed better.

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Cantorize all who’re for amnesty!

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM

News Flash from Corpus Christi

The Navy intercepted a boatload of people off the Texas coast today.
This placed the Navy in an awkward position, as the boat was not heading to the US, but towards Mexico and central America.

Another surprise finding was the people were white American retirement age seniors. Their claim was that they were trying to get to Central America or Southern Mexico they wanted to return to the US as illegal immigrants.

Then they would be entitled to far more benefits than they were receiving as legitimate American retirees.

It is believed the Navy gave them food, water and fuel and assisted
them on their journey.

Booking the next boat out. Let me know if you want to join.

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Laura Ingraham – will run for office – with Immigration front and center

jake-the-goose on July 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM

She will have to check with Bill and see if he wants to keep any of the young girls.

faraway on July 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Moving to Mexico

Dear Mr. Obama, Senate and Congress:

I’m planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We’re planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico , and we’ll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I’m sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, the President of Mexico, that I’m on my
way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking Government bureaucrats for all services I might
need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican Government forms in English.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking
(bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture
and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag
poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver’s license so I can get easy
access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but I don’t plan to
purchase car insurance, and I probably won’t make any special effort
to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo
from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every
patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my housetop, put U.S. flag decals
on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want
any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or
have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be
extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or
about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I’ll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I’ll need income tax credits so that although I don’t pay Mexican
taxes, I’ll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Government pays $4,500.00 to
help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican
Social Security program so that I’ll get a monthly income in
retirement.

19. Demand amnesty and citizenship, simply because you deserve it (h/t TXUS)

20. Illegals demand representation in Mexico City meetings (h/t RWM)

21. Allow illegals to be lawyers in Mexico.

22. Right to vote with the new shiny Mexican driver’s license (h/t Fenris)

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 12:46 PM

The USA is the stupidest land on Earth and an oaf is her chief.

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 12:46 PM

We normally invite foreigners INVADERS into the Oval Office for negotiations on domestic policy, don’t we?

FIFY

Happy Nomad on July 28, 2014 at 12:46 PM

70 77% of the US legal population want them out and deported.

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Which ever way the wind blows Hillary will follow.

albill on July 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Compare and contrast to pictures of the two women on the front page.

faraway on July 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Every illegal child dropped here is just a placeholder for their parents/aunts/uncles/grandparents/ etc.

One kid = 7-10 people to come at a later date.

portlandon on July 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Compare and contrast to pictures of the two women on the front page.

faraway on July 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM

The first time I’ve ever wanted to wear an eye patch over my right eye.

portlandon on July 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Keep digging, sweetie.

Too cute.

Of course, DHS would have blown them out of the water.

formwiz on July 28, 2014 at 12:53 PM

No, she reassures Ramos, I don’t support the child-trafficking law

So Hillary is admitting that she supports child-trafficking?

Oh really…

dominigan on July 28, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Well, I guess we know which way the wind is blowing today.

Hucklebuck on July 28, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Monica Lewinsky’s ex-boyfriend’s wife asks:

What difference, at this point, does it make?

Galtian on July 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Leftists and all the thugs in DC are for:

Slave-labor

Child-trafficking

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Bill is booking tickets on the Mexican Rape Train as we speak.

faraway on July 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM

One kid = 7-10 people to come at a later date.

portlandon on July 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Just as many if not more were summoned as anchors / deportation shields for illegal relatives already here.

DavidW on July 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM

In that pic Hillary looks like Professor Marvel (Frank Morgan) in The Wizard of Oz. You know, the guy Dorothy and Toto came across while running away from home before the tornado struck. He also played the door keeper to the Emerald City, the guard at the Wizard’s palace and then Oz himself. These Dems have fluid identities as well, but being inherently amoral what else would one expect.

DaveDief on July 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Just as the amnesty shill George Will is saying they should stay. No, Will is saying that we should put up a huge “Welcome to America” sign. Yeah, that’ll encourage them to stop coming. You look at Fox News and you see it’s totally full of amnesty pushers, no wonder they hired Will.

And btw, as far as the greatest amnesty fighter, Drudge is highlighting Laura Ingraham whose “latest scalp” is hopefully going to be the climate change pushing amnesty shill Senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee whose primary is on August 7th. Everyone let’s get with it as far as helping her get her next scalp (her last was Eric Cantor!).

anotherJoe on July 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM

The Hildabeast isn’t getting the nomination.

ConstantineXI on July 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM

On second thought, we should have fortified the embassy at Benghazi but what difference does it make now?–Hillary “Leading by looking in the rearview mirror” Clinton

vityas on July 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Except that she’s not going to win independents with this kind of pandering to open borders groups. If 77% of Americans want these illegals sent back now, imagine how bad it’ll be in another 2 years. This is a disastrous position for Dems to stake out. And anyone who doesn’t believe me can just go ask Eric Cantor.

Doughboy on July 28, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 12:46 PM

That’s a pretty good list, but you left out “the first five drunk driving convictions in Mexico are freebies.”

Cicero43 on July 28, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I got through six (6) seconds and then the cackle, couldn’t watch beyond that point. What a horrible way to start the week!

rjoco1 on July 28, 2014 at 1:06 PM

The democrat political leadership has more concern for foreign invaders than the citizens of the USA, particularly our veterans and senior citizens.

jukin3 on July 28, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Why not? We have an Indonesian/Kenyan president, and foreigners now have more rights in our country than we do. Makes sense to let them sit in on domestic policy negotiations. Hell, let’s stop pretending and just let them run the damn negotiations. Their lobbyists already write our immigration laws, and their bought-and-paid-for lackey Obama doles out billions of our tax dollars to them every year. They know who’s in charge, and it’s not we the people of the United States.

AZCoyote on July 28, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Apparently the chill was felt on the other side of her raised, wet finger.

BKeyser on July 28, 2014 at 1:08 PM

FIFY

Happy Nomad on July 28, 2014 at 12:46 PM

When we negotiate our surrender, sure.

bofh on July 28, 2014 at 1:09 PM

“You make real headway in the Latino, black and immigrant communities not by selling a policy that would lower their wages and burden their communities, but by econo­mic rejuvenation. You have to be unafraid to say these things. UKIP’s done that pretty well in Britain.”

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 1:09 PM

God, she’s one ugly broad.

lostmotherland on February 26, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM

@$%*&!! Off Killary!

Signed,

The State of Texas

workingclass artist on July 28, 2014 at 1:15 PM

The Hildabeast isn’t getting the nomination.

ConstantineXI on July 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Nope…

But I’m ok with her splitting up the other camp…

War between womenz or something….

workingclass artist on July 28, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Ingraham, 50, has been branded a xenophobe because of the stand she has taken…………”Plus, the last time I checked, I had three children living in my home from pretty difficult backgrounds, one adopted from Guatemala and two from Russia.”

How many has Hillary, obama or Will adopted?

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Group of Illegal Aliens from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka Caught Entering Texas from Mexico

Marcus Traianus on July 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Cartels trump Chinese and Ruskies in the trafficking game…

workingclass artist on July 28, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Shrillary: On second thought, make it a double.

Flange on July 28, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Compare and contrast to pictures of the two women on the front page.

faraway on July 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Didn’t you just throw away your Palinista badge?

theotherone on July 28, 2014 at 1:21 PM

“Deploying 1,000 Guardsmen “has nothing to do with unaccompanied minors or children crossing the border,” Perry said, because data show “only 20 percent of those apprehended crossing the border illegally are children.

The Texas Department of Safety found that 203,000 illegal immigrants were arrested and charged with more than 640,000 crimes since 2008, Perry told the Trib.

“Of those crimes, 3,000 were homicides and nearly 8,000 were sexual assaults,” he said. “Thousands of lives have been shattered forever, that shouldn’t have (been), if the federal government had done its job.”

Perry, a potential contender for president in 2016, said President Obama engages on domestic policy issues only when they become full-blown crises.

The governor is simply trying to grab headlines, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest replied….”

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rick-perry-national-guard-border/2014/07/27/id/585154#ixzz38mjRxRvk
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

workingclass artist on July 28, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Laura Ingraham – will run for office – with Immigration front and center

jake-the-goose on July 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM

As I said at the Drudge highlighted link on that:

Some say she should run for office? No.

That would be crazy. She is the most powerful anti-amnesty voice out there, and her ability to select races and totally change the dynamic (like the current Lamar Alexander of Tenn whose primary is Aug 7th), and like the Eric Cantor. She brought Eric Cantor down. She should stay where she is. And btw if she gets Lamar Alexander’s scalp, it will be final proof that these dubious polls saying that Republicans are for amnesty are pure baloney. A summary of the primary race of amnesty shill Lamar Alexander: http://tnsjournal.com/momentum-builds-for-tea-party-challenger-joe-carr/

anotherJoe on July 28, 2014 at 1:26 PM

“Border Patrol data show that the number of children entering Texas illegally has grown from about 5,000 in 2012 to more than 50,000 this year.

“Inaction encourages other minors to place themselves in extremely dangerous situations,” Perry wrote in his letter to the president. “… Every day of delay risks more lives. Every child allowed to remain encourages hundreds more to attempt the journey.”

Researchers from the University of Texas at El Paso sent a report to the Department of Homeland Security in August about the rising number of unaccompanied minors from Central America. The report questioned the government’s capability to handle the situation, which it projected would worsen.

Perry said Obama could have used diplomacy to deal with the problem immediately. “I would’ve had people in Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala dealing with those countries’ leadership to find out what is going on with these kids, and (asking), ‘Why are they ending up on your trains and your buses coming to the border with Texas?’ ”

He said Washington should have reached out earlier to Mexican authorities to determine how thousands of children could travel hundreds of miles without apprehension.

“There were some pretty powerful diplomatic ways you could have handled it that I think were ignored,” he said.

Now, drug cartels and criminal organizations are taking advantage of distracted law enforcement officers processing illegal immigrants, Perry said. He wants a show of force with Guard troops, even though they cannot make arrests, to assist Texas Rangers, the Department of Safety, the Border Patrol and other officers…”

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rick-perry-national-guard-border/2014/07/27/id/585154#ixzz38mjuHqwj
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

workingclass artist on July 28, 2014 at 1:26 PM

There seems to be a trend of Hillary saying something or taking a position, then coming back a few days later to correct the record or clarify what she really meant. In true Clinton fashion she must look at the polling and realize she needs to ‘clarify’ what she meant.

supernova on July 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM

A shallow,scheming political celebrity of no convictions,principles or character.
A certain landslide winner in 21st century America.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on July 28, 2014 at 1:35 PM

“Priorities.”

The only priorities I can see is hers, which includes constantly devolving (arch>) her sentiments on policy until she sees some flicker of interest in a public who prefers to ignore the sometimes whiny, always bossy bitch who has recently taking to rousing that interest by namedropping Republicans she can use to identify things she hasn’t done herself but which the public does appreciate and respect.

BTW, ahe’s looking particularly old and feeble in that picture of her sitting for that interview. And that make up. The last time I saw makeup on a woman like that it was in a Dirty Harry movie, I think, where he runs through a boilerroom filled with lipstick ladled old ladies kissing love letters for some scam operation.

Dusty on July 28, 2014 at 1:41 PM

What needs to be “tweaked”?

Sen. Feinstein has repeatedly said that this child-trafficking law (that she helped to write) contains an “exceptional circumstances” loophole that could give the administration more flexibility to deport, and that this “exceptional circumstances” provision could be triggered by large numbers coming in.

Feinstein certainly doesn’t make it sound like this 2008 law is what’s standing in the way of deporting anyone.

lynncgb on July 28, 2014 at 1:51 PM

There is something chronically effed up when a potential Presidential candidate finds it necessary to pander to non-citizens in order to get elected.

We are well and truly finished.

Joseph K on July 28, 2014 at 1:55 PM

If Congress would simply ammend the law to include all South American countries instead of just Mexican Kids they could ALL be sent back.

easyt65 on July 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM

“On second thought, maybe some of these illegal immigrant children shouldn’t be sent back”

Absolutely no surprise here. Hispanics love Hillary and if she’s the next president it will because of their vote. If Hispanics decided that wanted El Paso, Texas returned to Mexico, Hillary would gift wrap it inside a pinata.

MaiDee on July 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM

For all the Liberals who say we are not the ‘World’s police’ and should not get involved militarily in their affairs…
WHY THE H#LL SHOULD WE BE THE WORLD’S BABY SITTERS / REFUGEE CAMP?

Sorry your nation is a mess because you let it go to h#ll in a handbasket and refuse to do anything about it…but if we aren’t going to go THERE to help you fix it, you shouldn’t be able to come HERE illegally for us to take care of you! Take care of your own problems! We will be glad to give you weapons to help…Ummm, nevermind – our government will only make it worse by arming the Islamic Extremists and Drug Cartells…. But we WILL give you billions of dollars and send Secretary of State Kerry to come tell you how to fix your problems and run your country ‘successfully’ like we do.

easyt65 on July 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Absolutely no surprise here. Hispanics love Hillary and if she’s the next president it will be because of their vote. If Hispanics decided that wanted El Paso, Texas returned to Mexico, Hillary would gift wrap it inside a pinata.

MaiDee on July 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM

i guess she is reading the polls again. How I despise this woman.

warmairfan on July 28, 2014 at 2:40 PM

The sad state of the world in general and our nation in particular can be summed up just as Dandy Don Meredith used to do on Monday Night Football:

Turn out the lights
The party’s over
They say that
All good things must end
Call it tonight
The party’s over
And tomorrow starts
The same old thing again

bimmcorp on July 28, 2014 at 3:06 PM

That was sort of a ‘short circuit’ of what I have said overall…

Top women. Top. Women.