The checked-out presidency

posted at 11:31 am on July 26, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

Our friend Matt Lewis, of Daily Caller fame, has a column this weekend at The Telegraph which puts forth a rather difficult to dispute assertion; Barack Obama has already checked out of his job. In it, he points to a number of items in evidence which support this theory.

President Obama has emotionally checked out of his job a couple of years early, it seems. How can one tell?

Candidates for president who brazenly assume they are the inevitable victor are sometimes accused of “measuring the drapes” for the White House.

Obama, conversely, seems to be prematurely packing his bags in hopes for an early departure.

Just last week, for example, the Los Angeles Times reported that “The First Family is believed to be in escrow on a contemporary home in a gated community where entertainers Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope and Bing Crosby once maintained estates”.

George Santayana observed that “Americans don’t solve problems, they leave them behind”. Perhaps the president is taking this to heart.

The President’s new prospective digs are on the Left Coast, not the Windy City, so is Obama already engaged in more California dreaming than managing the affairs of the nation? Rounds of golf, fundraisers, barbecue pit stops in Texas and toying with doing Jimmy Kimmel’s show while the nation and the world erupt in multiple lesions and fractures certainly lend the appearance of it. But even with the caveat that the White House travels with the President and people are capable of focusing on more than one thing at a time, it’s not hard to see this presidency as one which already has its eyes on the off ramp.

While you’re free to think what you will about Barack Obama’s “true intentions” when he originally made the decision to seek the presidency, I still feel that he came to the job as a true believer. (Of course, as Steve Martin pointed out in the film Leap of Faith, the true believers – or the Genuine Article – are the ones you always have to watch out for.) Barack Obama honestly felt that his mere presence on the stage would bring the various factions of the nation and the world together… that everyone would, sooner or later, recognize the brilliance of his vision and the structural soundness of his solutions to the planet’s ills and things would truly change.

He was reinforced in this belief constantly, starting with the phenomenal reception to his Yes We Can speech in New Hampshire in January of 2008. We’re used to a history of glad handing, baby kissing politicians making all sorts of grandiose promises which offer impossible visions. We’re also used to knowing in the back of our minds that they generally don’t even believe the pablum they’re peddling themselves. But not so with Barack Obama. I honestly think he really believed it. He wasn’t just falling victim to his own hype… he was embodying it. It’s what led him to send Hillary to Russia with her reset button and make one concession after another to our traditional enemies. The world was about to change, and he would be the catalyst of a new era.

Since then, despite the best efforts of his handlers to keep things cheery in the bubble, reality has set in. The Republicans weren’t about to turn into liberals simply because he could explain their vision in a simpler way. Vladimir Putin wasn’t going to see the error of his ways and embrace a global vision of humanitarian milk and honey. The seas failed to recede and people stubbornly remained … people, with all the variety, warts and blemishes they’d always had. And in the face of this failure to transform on the part of the world, Barack Obama needed someone to blame. On the domestic front, the Republicans were the only available target, so Obama became sullen and insulting, abandoning any pretense at trying to work together.

The reason for this is that Obama’s vision of the future never involved compromise. It relied on everyone suddenly seeing just how right he was and how wrong they were. That didn’t happen, and not having a backup plan in the event that the rabbit failed to emerge from the hat, Barack Obama threw in the towel.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Hmmm, absent black fathers – absent black President – what is the surprise?

redguy on July 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM

I think he`s done all he wanted. Middle East is going full blown Jihadi, healtcare is socializing, economy is brought low and he`s importing the third world to change the country`s character.

Mission Accomplished.

ThePrez on July 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM

It’s a head fake, Obama still has much destroying of America to accomplish.

oscarwilde on July 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Obama may have checked out, but ValJar and the puppet masters are moving full speed ahead with a compliant media and opposition party.

fortcoins on July 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM

The only thing worse would be if he were fully engaged.

aquaviva on July 26, 2014 at 11:39 AM

President Obama has emotionally checked out of his job a couple of years early,
=================

Hopeys at Motel 6, well leave the light on,
and I’m not Tom Bodett!!
(snark)

canopfor on July 26, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Not even close to correct.

Barry thought he had cleared the field nationally, and internationally, he and the Open Society thought they could galvanize the lumpen class into a one giant movement.

Domestic resistance became an immovable object, due to his actions, but he didn’t care. When his international gamble – the third-worlder’s galvanizing to his message – didn’t pay off, they were lost.

I could lay it out in detail, but that’s more effort than most of the punditry class even attempts while getting paid.

budfox on July 26, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Amnesty, EPA greendom, and inject disparate-impact analysis into every facet of the federal government and American life are really the only three things Obama will be bothered with for the rest of his term.

BuckeyeSam on July 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM

What’s the golfing like in Libya this time of year?

Akzed on July 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM

According to the Urban Dictionary
chucked-out
to strategically place onesself in several different rotations of either a blunt, bong, or a bowl, only making short appearances when it is your turn to smoke, and leaving shortly after.

Flange on July 26, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Yes we can … vomit.

Smegley on July 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Obama still has much destroying of America to accomplish.

oscarwilde on July 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM

This^^^^ X 1000

lineholder on July 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM

He has a pen and a phone, and no more elections that he has to win. He has caused more damage to this country than any foreign invader could.
I’d say he’s right where he wants to be, with two more years to complete the destruction of America.

Who is going to stop him, anyway? Congress? Don’t make me laugh.

hachiban on July 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Obama is reliving the dreams of his father, who pushed a failed socialist policy, was outcast, then drank himself to death.

faraway on July 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM

The scary part is going to be next year when he looses the Senate. He will be “Katy bar the door” mad and will institute more I league Executive Orders and overreaching. Regulations.

The GOP is about as good as a lymph erection and will sit back and do nothing, always worrying about the public’s perception for the next erection election.

Time to fly our US Flags upside down.

SayNo2-O on July 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Such a surprise. When are incompetent fools ever effective?

nico on July 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Dr. Obama’s Traveling Medicine Show, from New York to Chicago, to DC, and appearing next in California.

Selling snake oil remedies and extracts to millions.

faraway on July 26, 2014 at 11:51 AM

DEFUND this azzhole, who’s chief.

Obama Readying ‘Very Significant’ Executive Action On Immigration…
Unilateral grant of ‘work authorization’…
Gutierrez: Amnesty for 5 million…
Sessions: Will ‘end immigration enforcement’…
Plea to America: Melt Congressional Phones, Kill Executive Amnesty…

AMERICANS GETTING POORER
HOUSEHOLD NET WORTH IN DECLINE

– Drudge

He’d not checked out – he fuc*s you, royally, while he’s on the 14th.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM

What I take from this is that no matter what the US does, no matter who it elects, leaders in the hotspots want to behave badly. Before, I belived the liberal meme that “if America weren’t so mean, things would be great”. Difficult to get more hip wonderful non- white person or less Imperialistic than O (maybe Carter was more peace and love, I don’t remember that well), and it’s worse. Bush was right the US should just do what it needs to do to defend itself and its friends and s***w what they think in Gaza.

Esperanza on July 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Mission Accomplished.

ThePrez on July 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Very prophetic!

SayNo2-O on July 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Didn’t the realtors run a credit check on him? He’s a bad risk, as his management of the country’s economy would show.

battalion on July 26, 2014 at 11:56 AM

And you who sat on your hands because you didn’t think Mitt was conservative enough – well this is the result! I only wish his dictatorial edicts didn’t effect the rest of us!

Bambi on July 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Jugears checked out of America long before he got tot the WH. No one believed his BS.

Patriot Vet on July 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Oh my, -fences for me, but not for the Mexican border.

slickwillie2001 on July 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Jazz: you seem to assume that he even checked in to start with. Don’t you remember how disorganized, inept and never ready his effort to assume the office on 20 January 2009 was? And have you ever seen a less hands-on approach to major legislative action even when the Dems held both Houses of Congress? He let Nancy and Harry do all the work on the ACA and every other thing he claimed was so vitally important to him. Can you imagine LBJ or the Gipper keeping such a huge distance between himself and Congress? LBJ may have been a disaster in many ways, but he waded hi[ deep into each and every legislative action, spending hours on the phone, wining and dining and otherwise schmoozing with not just the leaders of his own party, but Republicans, too. I have always believed that Ogabe views being President of the US as a necessary, but extremely tedious, step on the way to being King of the Entire World. (And I don’t think being King of the Entire World is as enticing as all the goodies that go with the title. If being simply POTUS awards him endless free travel, endless free parties, endless rounds of free golf, just imagine the perks of being KOTEW!)

catsandbooks on July 26, 2014 at 12:03 PM

The guy is a total loser, enabled to “succeed” due to a decadent culture that exalts the superficial and celebrity over substance and personal responsibility.

dpduq on July 26, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I have always maintained he is a dull-witted, mendacious incompetent. Now we can add goof-up.

pat on July 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Bambi on July 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM

At least we would have had amnesty by now. Winning!

faraway on July 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Mission Accomplished.

ThePrez on July 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Not to mention — turning traditional allies into enemies and allowing Russia’s return to prominence.

Yet, he’s not done. Gotta lot more destroyin’ to do.

TXUS on July 26, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Such a surprise. When are incompetent fools ever effective?

nico on July 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM

obama is very transparent and effective…in destroying the USA and the West.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Moving to Mexico

Dear Mr. Obama, Senate and Congress:

I’m planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We’re planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico , and we’ll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I’m sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, the President of Mexico, that I’m on my
way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking Government bureaucrats for all services I might
need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican Government forms in English.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking
(bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture
and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag
poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver’s license so I can get easy
access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but I don’t plan to
purchase car insurance, and I probably won’t make any special effort
to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo
from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every
patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my housetop, put U.S. flag decals
on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want
any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or
have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be
extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or
about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I’ll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I’ll need income tax credits so that although I don’t pay Mexican
taxes, I’ll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Government pays $4,500.00 to
help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican
Social Security program so that I’ll get a monthly income in
retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things
for all of his people who walk over to the U.S. from Mexico. I am
sure that the President of Mexico won’t mind returning the favor if
you ask him nicely.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:06 PM

What’s the golfing like in Libya this time of year?

Akzed on July 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM

A lot of roughs and bunkers.

celtic warrior on July 26, 2014 at 12:06 PM

So much resentment to organize in the community, so little time.

He’s only “checked-out” on the things we would traditionally feel are important responsibilities of the presidency. (National security, etc…)

It’s full court pressure and full-steam-ahead on his agendas of social justice, racial grievances, class warfare, critical race theory, statist dependency and other craven political transformations.

aquaviva on July 26, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Then why doesn’t he just leave?

crankyoldlady on July 26, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Remember that ridiculous faux-presidential-o seal Obama used to display during his campaign, and then the pretentious “Office of the President-Elect” sign display during the post-election transition to his presidency?

Time for “The Office of the Post-Checked Out President.” Photoshoppers, get shopping. Er, photoing.

de rigueur on July 26, 2014 at 12:13 PM

The hate remains.
You will be transformed.
He is now working full time on his last few evil deeds.

Be prepared.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on July 26, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I’ll join you, but I’m going to insist on amnesty and Mexican Citizenship as well. That’s the least we’re entitled to for breaking Mexican law as we cross the border.

TXUS on July 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM

News Flash from Corpus Christi

The Navy intercepted a boatload of people off the Texas coast today.
This placed the Navy in an awkward position, as the boat was not heading to the US, but towards Mexico and central America.

Another surprise finding was the people were white American retirement age seniors. Their claim was that they were trying to get to Central America or Southern Mexico they wanted to return to the US as illegal immigrants.

Then they would be entitled to far more benefits than they were receiving as legitimate American retirees.

It is believed the Navy gave them food, water and fuel and assisted
them on their journey.

We are booking for the next boat out. Let us know if you want to join.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:17 PM

TXUS on July 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Excellent points

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Obama still has much destroying of America to accomplish.

oscarwilde on July 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Hey, he still has his phone and his pen.

I’m sure he’ll be more than ready to sign anything the gang of leftist criminals he’s surrounded himself with plops down in front of him.

BigWyo on July 26, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Which gov’t in the world is as stupid as the US gov’t?

Which citizens are this stupid to put up with it?

Cantorize all the traitors in the land, or send them back to DC, over and over, and enjoy your self-destruction, fools.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Hmmm, absent black fathers – absent black President – what is the surprise?

redguy on July 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Yeah, well don’t worry. The Dem’s will fix it with their next candidate, either a failed Sec of State or a fake Indian. But either will have lady parts, so all will be good.

climbnjump on July 26, 2014 at 12:20 PM

What’s the golfing like in Libya this time of year?

Akzed on July 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Perfect timing

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Barack Obama needed someone to blame.

Yeah, it’s ALWAYS the fault of others. There was a guy in a bunker who felt the same way. His solution was to let the nation perish, seeing as they were incapable of implementing his vision.

GarandFan on July 26, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Imagine his attendance record if the GOP takes Senate majority and starts cleaning off all those House bills stacked up on Harry Reid’s desk by sendng them up for a decision presidential signature.

butch on July 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM

These are the thugs of the land.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM

The azzhole and his court s/b locked up for treason.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:28 PM

The world is aflame and our leader is on the 14th green. The arc of history may indeed bend toward justice, Mr. President. But, as you say, the arc is long. The job of a leader is to shorten it, to intervene on behalf of “the fierce urgency of now.” Otherwise, why do we need a president? And why did you seek to become ours?

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Anyone who thinks Obama (and Kerry for that matter) are anything better than 2nd-rate intellects in first-rate wind machines is at best naive.

horatio on July 26, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I wish Obama and his administration were “checked out” – BUT THEY ARE NOT!

The EPA continues its non-stop onslaught on the American economy, Holder’s Justice Department continues its selective enforcement of laws and punishment of adversaries, the impending bankruptcy and assault on health care that is Obamacare rolls on, Treasury looks for ways to increase the debt and fund the Leviathan’s friends, HHS/DHS/Justice are destroying all semblance of immigration laws, and the federal bureaucracy grows ever larger, more expensive, and less competent.

The U.S. is in deep doo-doo and sinking faster than could be imagined. Lasting damage is being done to the country and there is no sign of relief. 2014 is the most important election of your life, please do what you can.

pilsener on July 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Insane…but he thinks that if you oppose him you are a traitor and “irrational”. He said so the day before yesterday, while fundraising.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Checked out?

Nah.

The One-Man-Wrecking-Ball knows a portion of the building is still standing.

TimBuk3 on July 26, 2014 at 12:36 PM

What does Gruber say about this?

Is there Gruber video on this from 2012?

LOL!!

Ned Pepper on July 26, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I suspect Gruber thinks he has said enough already.

butch on July 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Saul Alinsky-o

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I am an avid reader of Hotair, but seldom post comments. I must say this was a beautifully written piece and has so accurately portrayed Pres. Obama. Thanks.

bopbottle on July 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM

A tyrannical dictator who has checked out.

Does not compute.

Get your memes consistent, conservatives. You sound like deranged lunatics with articles like these.

Ned Pepper on July 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM

fortcoins on July 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Exactly. Obysmal was chosen as the figurehead for “change” because he was deemed a sacrosanct untouchable.

Obysmal has had a crew of mischief makers pulling the strings and jockeying for power throughout his presidency.

onlineanalyst on July 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM

“A confidence man knows he’s lying; that limits his scope. But a successful shaman believes what he says — and belief is contagious; there is no limit to his scope.” – Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

“Don’t get high on your own supply.” – Tony Montana

myiq2xu on July 26, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Schadenfreude

Shad,

You’re killin’ me. Once I quit crying, I might begin to savor the pure brilliance.

No Time Clock on July 26, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Correction: Matt Lewis is a RINO. He may be your friend Jazz, but he is hardly our friend.

bw222 on July 26, 2014 at 12:56 PM

I miss my Red Line guy…….
But at least , his handling of Benghazi makes more sense to me know.

FlaMurph on July 26, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Obysmal has had a crew of mischief makers pulling the strings and jockeying for power throughout his presidency political career.

onlineanalyst on July 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM

ReWrite™ engaged for historical perspective. Don’t forget, he did nothing in either the US or Illinois Senate.

Steve Eggleston on July 26, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Ned Pepper on July 26, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Hey Ned! I’ll ask you again-are you an American citizen, and if so, were you born here?

Take your time.

Del Dolemonte on July 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Ned Pepper on July 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Go Blue Jays!

Del Dolemonte on July 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Moving to Mexico

Dear Mr. Obama, Senate and Congress:

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Brilliant!

Ricard on July 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I see the over-spiced troll showed up to prove (once again) he also flunked history (cough…Nero…cough).

Steve Eggleston on July 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM

How can you check out if you never checked in?

FireBlogger on July 26, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Steve Eggleston on July 26, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Too true!

onlineanalyst on July 26, 2014 at 1:02 PM

What’s the golfing like in Libya this time of year?

Akzed on July 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM

A lot of roughs and bunkers.

celtic warrior on July 26, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Bob Hope Desert Golf Classic

Among the players: President Sadat, P.M. Begin, King Fahud, Yassar Arafat, King Hussein, Abba Eban, Golda Meir, Lola Heatherton, Jack Nicklaus, Charlton Heston….and Dick Nixon stops by to promote his Lake Tahoe and Vegas gigs.

Del Dolemonte on July 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM

A tyrannical dictator who has checked out.

Does not compute.

Get your memes consistent, conservatives.

Ned Pepper on July 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Obama has something for everyone.

We have learned from Alinsky.

RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

faraway on July 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM

A tyrannical dictator who has checked out.

Does not compute.

He is both. His handlers do the dick-tating of the populace.

Ned Pepper on July 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM

You sound what you are, a plagiarist marxist weasel.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM

To paraphrase The Eagles…

He can check out any time he likes,
But he’ll never leave.

Steve Eggleston on July 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM

What does Gruber say about this?

Is there Gruber video on this from 2012?

LOL!!

Ned Pepper on July 26, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM

A tyrannical dictator who has checked out.

Does not compute.

Ned Pepper on July 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Still having trouble with context, I see…Obama can ‘check out’ of his job as President while still playing King with pen and phone.

Ricard on July 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Ricard on July 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Ned is a former MP of Canada. His ‘subjects’ figured/threw him out.

He was also banned from HA.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM

In other words, he’s a locust.

Steve Eggleston on July 26, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Bambi on July 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM

+1. The country definitely suffered when he couldn’t earn their support.

Probably the most interesting part is how Romney’s candidacy moved the country to the left regardless of whether he won or lost.

(Unless one believes losing to an openly leftist incumbent will lead to a *more* conservative (R) candidate in the next election, of course.)

rogerb on July 26, 2014 at 1:20 PM

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?… The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If…if…We didn’t love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation…. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

— Alexandr Solzhenitsyn

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Bambi on July 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM

With due respect, obama never won in 2012. Mitt lost.

He and his stupid team couldn’t convince the idiotic land that they were re-electing a narcissistic destructive thuggish pri*k.

Mitt should go gracefully into retirement/history.

Here a good word of caution – if in 2016 the GOP puts up a Jeb, or another Mitt, instead of 12 million sitting home on their duffs, 25 million will.

The syndrome has to be broken at some point.

Meant in the most sincere of ways. I voted for Mitt and I detest all who didn’t, especially those who were bigots against Mormons, but Mitt didn’t give people good reasons why to vote for him, against the treasonous goon of the land.

If PC is more important to you, him, not you, than the land, and the significant place in history, then there is no point in moping.

Those who are afraid to be called “racists” by thugs who actually are the biggest racists in the world, deserve to lose.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM

The twice elected sock puppet may be leaving, but he leaves a lot of minions behind to carry on the mission. They are embedded deeply in every alphabet. Who heard of Lois Lerner before a year ago?
Schad, Toronto doesn’t seem to want to get rid of their mayor, either, really makes your point.

Kissmygrits on July 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM

He has checked out but he is still overreaching on various fronts but he has checked out to the point of not even defending his executive abuse with rational reasons.

sorrowen on July 26, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Kissmygrits on July 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Hah, that guy is way better than most know. The people in Toronto are not so dumb…he is on the side of the taxpayers.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2014 at 1:32 PM

This Alfred E Neuman look alike never intended to bring the country together. That is not what “community organizers” do. They foment victimhood and hate. His intentions all along were to balkanize this country and reinvent it in his eyes and the global community eyes. As for companies moving out of the country and his calling for economic patriotism,,,in order to be a country you need borders,,,does not look like we have any borders,,,no country to be patriotic about. He makes me sick

retiredeagle on July 26, 2014 at 1:50 PM

I still feel that he came to the job as a true believer.

Right! With mind numbingly bad luck, just like the IRS.

WryTrvllr on July 26, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Obama doesn’t care! He has accomplished a lot for a leftist. All without bloodshed or hardly a fight. He has Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, Fannie and Freddie, all supported by a leftist bureaucracy.

Their regulations will vex us for decades.

Obama knows this. His army is sitting in the EPA, IRS, and all the other alphabet soup of Leviathan.

PattyJ on July 26, 2014 at 1:58 PM

yes jazz. he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder. its almost a classic case. everything you say fits into the diagnosis; along with a lot of other things about how he acts. the lack of real human connections. the feeling of being “special”. all the speeches about how gosh the united states is special becuase…well they elected HIM as potus. the feelings of persecution. “those republicans are out to get ME”. not his policies, him personally. everything is personal with him; yeah with narcissists it IS. a lack of empathy, grandiosity (its unprecedented!), sense of entitlement, exploitative and envious. its all about and always has been about the NPD. the real question, the real revelation i wish you would look into is whether its benign or malignant.

t8stlikchkn on July 26, 2014 at 2:33 PM

You do know that this statement is very close to the textbook definition of Narcissistic Personality Disorder right? Obama suffers from a mental condition and he was elected President of the United States twice.

Johnnyreb on July 26, 2014 at 2:56 PM

The House should defund the White House. Literally strip every bit of funding Obama would use to do his executive lawlessness. Gut it.

And when Obama has no way to illegally use his pen for amnesty, or anything else, I guarantee he’ll change his tune.

Don’t need lawsuits, or pointless impeachment. Make it so Obama can’t do ANYTHING on his own, without going to the House for funding.

Easy peazy, and brutally effective. I seriously doubt the (R) “leadership” in the house has the sack to do it though.

Meople on July 26, 2014 at 3:18 PM

He checked out a week into the job.

All his life, he was told how brilliant and charming he was (anything else was racist, of course), but the last 5 years have been a hard collision with reality.

formwiz on July 26, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Make it so, Number One.

Newtie and the Beauty on July 26, 2014 at 3:27 PM

He’s had everything handed to him in his life. He earned nothing and never paid a price for his failures.

He’s a narcissist who truly believes he is “the Light-Bringer” and really thinks the problem in DC is that people just won’t agree with him, when everything would work out, the planet heal, the oceans recede, etc.

~~

Like a truly spoiled child, Obama is punishing us by depriving us of his brilliance and just going through the motions.

OR IS HE?

~~

After all, what did he really do BEFORE he “checked out?” He was never a hands-on worker. He plays. You don’t set the record for more rounds of golf than ALL other Presidents COMBINED in just your second term. He was doing NADA all along, just expecting things to fall in place, or someone to fix it for him, as usual.

This is nothing new, people are just noticing it now.

Adjoran on July 26, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Don’t worry — Obama’s Plan of Destruction is right on schedule. The next surge hits public schools in September, when school nurses are overwhelmed.

Stockton, CA — “homeless” “itinerant” from Mexico was diagnosed with drug-resistant TB way back in March, refused treatment, and is now on the lam. News media alerts public 4 months later:

This “transient” “homeless” man from Mexico has been on the run since March, with diagnosis of drug-resistant TB. What would cause a man dying of TB to avoid free treatment for 6 months??? Hint: (oh hell, you don’t need a hint!)

I wonder: How many of his workplace colleagues and neighborhood friends are sick? How many of his friends have children in public schools? And why no news about this 6 month old story until now??????

When you have an underground society of 11 to 20 million people, growing by the minute, afraid to “come out of the shadows”, bad things can happen. Wait until school opens in your hometown in September.

BTW, the city of Stockton, CA, went bankrupt from the housing collapse, and half the houses are empty or rented out. One of them was the address where someone had an unauthorized credit card, in my name, mailed after they stole my ID two years ago. My stupid bank mailed it to a CA address while I was living and banking in another state! Now security freeze and fraud alert with all 3 agencies.

Also http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28490546

fred5678 on July 26, 2014 at 3:40 PM

I contend Obama checked out a couple of years ago, specifically when he let Clinton take over the podium at the Press conference. If he had been offered the trappings of the presidency without having to actually do the job, Biden would be President now. Still a scary thought tho but maybe without all the hyper partisanship.

TulsAmerican on July 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Such a surprise. When are incompetent fools ever effective?

nico on July 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM

pat on July 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I don’t think incompetent means what you two think it means.

Obama has got just about everything he wanted, and has significantly reduced America’s standing and exceptionalism in the world. Things are moving further and further in-line with his view that America should be punished for being unjust and responsible for all the evils in the world.

Obama has been very competent in achieving his goals – redistributing and diminishing America.

UnstChem on July 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM

faraway on July 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Obama’s stage father was killed as he was driving drunk…..
Kinda hope Obama will follow in those shallow footsteps.

But Obama’s real father, Frank Marshall Davis was a real piece of scum,
like father, like son,

redguy on July 26, 2014 at 4:07 PM

The gutless wonder has always had everything handed to him by feckless liberals who grovel before his skin color. How can anyone be surprised that a man like that is a total failure in a job that requires skill, compromise, diplomacy, realism, and most of all … hard work?

Jeanettesca on July 26, 2014 at 4:08 PM

The blacks will have to fight for their very survival against the immigrant hordes.
The “undocumented democrats” will be swelling the welfare ranks and may push some blacks
back out into the workforce…….

redguy on July 26, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Mission Accomplished.

ThePrez on July 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM

And the federal energy sector is being brought to it’s knees and energy costs are steadily climbing. You forgot those.

KMC1 on July 26, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Here’s something no one has thought of yet. I think people will take their kids out of school if there are any illegals enrolled. At least they should to avoid catching all those diseases.

crankyoldlady on July 26, 2014 at 4:50 PM