Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t?

posted at 10:01 pm on July 22, 2014 by Guy Benson

I now present to you my Twitter exchange with progressive pundit Sally Kohn,* sans commentary:

Her rebuttal, as of this writing? Crickets.  Maybe she’ll eventually enlighten us with additional insights into the moral pillars of her faith.  And maybe those who read the above conversation will consider the state of Ms. Kohn’s moral compass when judging her counsel on other matters.

*Disclosure: I’ve met Sally on a number of occasions and have found her to be funny and delightful.  She’s dead wrong about virtually everything, though, and this level of sophistic “analysis” belies a disappointing intellectual shallowness that I struggle to reconcile with her in-person charm.  Oh well.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Sally Kohn is a wild eyed imbecile.

Nexialist on July 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Bmore (or less)

listens2glenn on July 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Sally Kohn is a bit of a dolt.

MCGIRV on July 22, 2014 at 11:39 PM

You know that Sally’s takeaway was that Guy equated Palestinians to rapists, right? It’s the only way she can make sense of the world.

TexasDan on July 22, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Kohn is a liberal idiot with her head up her ass. And that’s on a GOOD day.

GarandFan on July 22, 2014 at 11:44 PM

She’s an idiot.

It might be worthwhile checking out Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’ Twitter feed because she is in a position of power and influence. Sally Kohn is a dimwitted airhead from a network with no audience.

The suits at Salem should take note that Guy Benson has waaaaay yonder too much time on his hands. Add some duties, some extra output, or (since it’s a corporate structure) a few more meetings to his schedule.

Adjoran on July 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Guy Benson: She might be funny, but that’s only because we humans have a propensity to laugh at stupid people. And Sally Kohn is the stupidest person alive, and that makes her funny and delightful. Like Snookie.

PetecminMd on July 22, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Most Elvis impersonators are.

WhatSlushfund on July 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Most Elvis impersonators are.

WhatSlushfund on July 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Someone needs to tell her GQ haircuts went out when Dan Marino retired.

itsspideyman on July 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Yeah well Guy, her “funny and delightful” got way old long ago. People she runs with would have you and me either in camps or make it difficult to find work. And I don’t mean hard field work.

arnold ziffel on July 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Translation: Liberal chicks are totally easy, so maybe if I pretend to listen to her, I can get some.

dreadnought62 on July 22, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Sally Kohn? I just threw up in my mouth (a little).

Hammie on July 23, 2014 at 12:14 AM

It all depends on whom is thought to be the rapist.

unclesmrgol on July 23, 2014 at 12:52 AM

“Sally Kohn? I just threw up in my mouth (a little).
Hammie on July 23, 2014 at 12:14 AM”

ROFL! Maybe lots of gay men think that she is a really hot dude.

shorebird on July 23, 2014 at 12:59 AM

HIs man-boobs are terrible!

HiJack on July 23, 2014 at 12:59 AM

It all depends on whom is thought to be the rapist.

unclesmrgol on July 23, 2014 at 12:52 AM

The one launching rockets at Israeli civilians.

Not the ones who granted the Gaza Strip independence hoping for a peace they never got.

These guys ain’t the good guys…

Hamas’ Children TV with a Terrorist Jew-Eating Rabbit

sharrukin on July 23, 2014 at 1:03 AM

drawing distinctions between “good” violence vs “bad” violence is morally righteous!!??? Not according to my faith

Ah, I’ve got it. She believes all violence is good. She’s a muslim!

HiJack on July 23, 2014 at 1:04 AM

No man can insult a woman with as much ‘impact’ as another woman.
listens2glenn on July 22, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Understood, but still am not sure.

I recall the old Churchill story about his being accosted in an inebriated state by a society crony, who haughtily, scornfully addressed him along the lines of, “Mr. Churchill, you are drunk. You are veddy drunk. You are veddy, veddy, DRUNK”.

To which the great statesmen answered, “Madam, you are ugly. You are very ugly. You are very, VERY ugly…”

“BUT…., I will be sober in the morning.”

RL on July 23, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Somewhat mystified by the number of comments focused solely on my short disclaimer at the bottom of the post. I’ve bumped into Sally in green rooms from time to time (though now that she’s left Fox, I haven’t seen her in awhile). She is a fun person to talk to, but is profoundly and aggressively wrong about almost every political issue we’ve ever discussed. But if we can’t be civil and find some common ground with people who disagree with us — even in interpersonal interactions — then we’re living sad, hyper-politicized lives. Zero apologies for saying something nice about Sally, and zero apologies for dismantling her preposterous Hamas apologia. -GB

Guy Benson on July 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Hamas didn’t have to murder those boys. They chose to do so consciously knowing that Israel would retaliate and that many Palestinians would be killed.

I’m not thrilled how the Palestinians in many areas have been treated over the decades, but have long felt they would get a lot more support if they didn’t support the fanatics who carry out these crimes against Israelis.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 23, 2014 at 1:29 AM

No man can insult a woman with as much ‘impact’ as another woman.

listens2glenn on July 22, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Understood, but still am not sure.

“BUT…., I will be sober in the morning.”

RL on July 23, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Aw yeah … one our favorite stories from Rush … : )

listens2glenn on July 23, 2014 at 1:29 AM

I guess besides weight, TV adds a whole lot of obnoxiousness, too. I find her smirking arrogance insufferable.

flipflop on July 23, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Somewhat mystified by the number of comments focused solely on my short disclaimer at the bottom of the post. I’ve bumped into Sally in green rooms from time to time… She is a fun person to talk to, but … But if we can’t be civil and find some common ground with people who disagree with us — even in interpersonal interactions — then we’re living sad, hyper-politicized lives. …

Guy Benson on July 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM

This is exactly why we’re losing. You may as well join the other team GB. They take no prisoners. You, on the other hand, whimper over “common ground.”

You’re pathetic. Go hang out with John McCain.

WhatSlushfund on July 23, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Rachel Maddow wannabe

John the Libertarian on July 23, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Guy Benson on July 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Some people are nice, some are good. If you ever go outside the wire, you’ll find that nice does’t matter so much.

Kenosha Kid on July 23, 2014 at 2:31 AM

But that was a pretty good smack down of a truly inane, pathetic attempt at moral equivalence. Keep it up.

Kenosha Kid on July 23, 2014 at 2:33 AM

How do you argue that the Police Officer’s violence is justified but the Muggers isn’t?

Racist!

jaydee_007 on July 23, 2014 at 3:50 AM

She has the short hair.

Pilgrimsarbour on July 23, 2014 at 4:00 AM

This woman is an absolute moron with no redeeming values.

rplat on July 23, 2014 at 4:52 AM

Sally Kohn is the same evil witch who solicited donations for breast cancer research and used those funds to kill babies. Do you really need to say anything more about her? No morals at all, let alone moral authority.

oscarwilde on July 23, 2014 at 5:54 AM

Sally Kohn? Never heard of him.

RandallinHerndon on July 23, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Always confront liberals with logic and reason. They cannot answer and if they try it will be a personal attack.

dentalque on July 23, 2014 at 6:37 AM

It all depends on whom is thought to be the rapist.

unclesmrgol on July 23, 2014 at 12:52 AM

I am not usually one to be the grammar police, but this is just ignorant.

Dirty Creature on July 23, 2014 at 6:46 AM

arnold ziffel on July 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM

For all the horrible things that happened at the MA GOP convention, there was a former state senator who really lit up the crowd, and one of his best lines went something like this:

“Democrats are much better singers, dancers, and entertainers than Republicans. If you want to throw a good party, ask Democrats to do it. But keep them far, far away from government.”

BKennedy on July 23, 2014 at 7:05 AM

I see Guy P Benson is hiding over here again. Or is it, him trying to be cerebral again?? Guy, Sally is a “We die trying” type, how does one win an argument with them? Just as Doc Williams explains in his article today, when blacks don’t actually help blacks they hurt them, so do women that ACTUALLY don’t help women, hurt them.

Oh I get it, you thought your views to lofty for the TH trade. Who knows, maybe HA will love it and you can transfer it over having such validation.

Coincidently, I too think HA has better and more wise posters, it is just the forum of not being able to respond directly I find frustrating. Of course HA doesn’t stomach stalkers or rapists (post wise, not literally)

smitty41 on July 23, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Stupid twit should go to gaza and let the misogynistic a-holes of Hamas show her all about violence and women’s place in the world. Really she can’t help it. all the “good” people she knows a call her great commie college profs have been hiding their antisemitism behind freedom for these terrorists since their soviet handlers set the course in the Cold War. The really neat trick was when they got self hating American Jewish progressives to buy into the anti Israel thing.

dgolfnut on July 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

dg,

you can’t use logic on them, they are immune

smitty41 on July 23, 2014 at 7:30 AM

nice job GB

ted c on July 23, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Stupid people can be charming.

Esaus Message on July 23, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Sally who?

Galtian on July 23, 2014 at 7:57 AM

What does that hairstyle say?

It says, “untouched by man”.

ConstantineXI on July 23, 2014 at 7:59 AM

I don’t think everyone on the left is an idiot, but I’ve found little to no evidence to suggest Sally Kohn is not.

Mullaney on July 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM

charming and delightful….useful fool, pathetic

crosshugger on July 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM

This guy Sally needs to take the PMSNBC goggles off and look for herself. Maybe she could volunteer to be a human shield for Hamas’ rocket launchers.

DimsdalePiranha on July 23, 2014 at 8:13 AM

her faith……worshipping the democrat platform of immorality

crosshugger on July 23, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Oh Beiber, stick to performing.

22044 on July 23, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Guy is struggling to reconcile the delightful/charming vs. dead wrong on everything conundrum. Same thing with David Brooks “I noticed the crease in his pants”.

This is a gradual step taken by all the Conservatives who go to the cesspool in DC and hang out at the cocktail parties with delightful and charming statists.

Push the calendar forward a few years and Guy will be arm in arm with Butch Kohn arguing for the total destruction of the Jooos. It happens every time.

kpguru on July 23, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Sally Kohn is Jewish; how can she side with the murdering, thieving muslim thugs? I guess it is because she is a liberal first and a Jew second.

maryo on July 23, 2014 at 8:25 AM

If Sally had been around during WWII, she would have helped George Soros steal from her fellow Jews while ushering them toward the gas chamber.

maryo on July 23, 2014 at 8:28 AM

How can Israel US and European supporters argue the IDF’s the Allies violence is justified, but Hamas’ Hitler’s isn’t?

albill on July 23, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Guy Benson on July 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Guy, thanks for your update. I agree with you. However I fight a constant battle to act like leftists that many of your responders have fallen into. To be just as nasty, hateful, and antagonistic as the Left is not the person I want to become.

Gebirgsjager on July 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM

She’s one of those women who sounds like she’d be a lot of fun in bed, and a charming companion at a saturday night party. But she doesn’t deserve to be treated seriously on a monday – friday basis, if you’re a rich man who can afford that kind of toy, just give her a credit card and tell her not to get into trouble until you want her services again.

There’s quite a few women out there like that, you’ve met them. And sure, this sounds harsh, but this is how most men think of them, even if we only say this to each other.

Tom Servo on July 23, 2014 at 8:46 AM

You could fit the amount if comment sense she (it?) has on the head of a pin. What an idiot.

KMC1 on July 23, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I have similar thoughts about my liberal friends, but they hate when I call them ‘low information voters.’

Deafdog on July 23, 2014 at 8:47 AM

“BUT…., I will be sober in the morning.”

RL on July 23, 2014 at 1:13 AM

It was Lady Astor, who was also a Member of Parliament, and with whom Churchill had a long-running feud. The actual reported quotes are:

Lady Astor: Sir Winston, you are drunk!
Churchill: Yes, Madame, and you are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober!

~

Another legendary exchange:

Astor: Sir Winston, you are awful! If you were my husband, I should poison your tea!

Churchill: Madame, if I were your husband, I should drink it!

~

These and others are unverified, since they reputedly happened at cocktail or dinner parties. But it is true that hosts loved to invite the two of them, knowing they would come up with some entertaining banter.

Adjoran on July 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Tom Servo on July 23, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Look at that hairstyle. Untouched by man.

ConstantineXI on July 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Perhaps she is delightful, as you’ve found. To me she’s almost seemed adolescent in her commentary, and she looks like she’s trying to be outrageous so she can see what her mother will say. Saying things as silly as this is an example, so I’m glad you had the exchange (and I hope she learns something from it) but I cannot understand why she is given a forum on TV.

MTF on July 23, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Guy – while I have not met Sally personally, I have had a couple of twitter exchanges with her over the last couple of years and have found her to be most pleasant and engaging. I’ve listened to her on television and while I disagree with her 99.99999% of the time, I do find her to be a fair-minded, intellectually honest individual… unlike, say, some lying, commie shrew like Katrina vanden Heuvel.

But in this case – as you suggest – she’s really dead wrong and offering a grossly oversimplified analysis (if you can call it that) of the situation in and around Gaza.

I heard an NPR interviewer this morning trying to goad a State Department spokesperson into making the same sort of moral equivalency, and to the spokesman’s credit, he did not take the bait.

dpduq on July 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Wow.

rcv77 on July 23, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Because there’s no moral equivalency between fighting for your survival versus fighting for genocide.

*Disclosure: I’ve met Sally on a number of occasions and have found her to be funny and delightful. She’s dead wrong about virtually everything, though, and this level of sophistic “analysis” belies a disappointing intellectual shallowness that I struggle to reconcile with her in-person charm. Oh well.

I’ve heard the same about Adolph Hitler, and given the fact that we are talking about the eradication of Jews, screw Michael Godwin.

rbj on July 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Got to witness the Gaza/Israel protests in Boston last night. Spoke volumes that the Gaza side was shouting and mocking (including several dressed up as Hasidic Jews), and the Israel side was singing.

Nutstuyu on July 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM

maryo on July 23, 2014 at 8:25 AM
So Sally is a Jewish,liberal and lesbian…makes sense…

sorrowen on July 23, 2014 at 9:22 AM

You’re pathetic. Go hang out with John McCain.

WhatSlushfund on July 23, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Cutting nose, face etc… He said nothing like your insinuations. Bet you are just a riot at parties and a joy at Thanksgiving.

Irritable Pundit on July 23, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Guy Benson on July 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM

You know, feel free to be as gracious as you like.

But its one thing to have “disagreements” with otherwise likeable people. Its another thing for someone to be completely intellectually dishonest, at best, or a willing propaganda tool at worst. I know that you know the entire sordid history in Gaza, if even the last decade.

The idea that Hamas firing rockets at Israeli civilians is the equivalent of Israel’s REACTION to that, by directly targeting military assets in Gaza is beyond the pale. I’m sorry, you don’t get style points for your personality when you are THAT wrong. Because, frankly, you don’t get THAT wrong by accident.

I’m not, nor would I, call for her to be fired for her views, or have anyone protest on her front lawn, or whatever other vile tactics her side uses routinely, but I sure as HELL not interested in her being witty or funny or charming or delightful, or whatever. She’s a dishonest, intellectually bankrupt hack. Period. At some point there should be at least some kind of consequence for that level of ignorance.

deadrody on July 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Tom Servo on July 23, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Look at that hairstyle. Untouched by man.

ConstantineXI on July 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM

How do you know ?

She may have a “gay” hairstylist, like that guy in The Rock“.

listens2glenn on July 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Dear Sally, the way this works is like this. Someone starts a fight with you. You, being a reasonable person who is not inherently violent, defend yourself by fighting back. You hit the other person until they stop hitting you. Then you walk away. You walk away because you were only fighting to protect yourself.

But if as you are walking away the person you just hit into submission gets up and hits you in the back, you once again defend yourself by hitting them until they stop attacking you. Then you hit them a couple of more times and tell them to stop attacking you, or you will hurt them so that they are incapable of attacking you again. You walk away. You walk away trusting that the person who attacked you twice will figure out that they cannot defeat you and they will now leave you alone.

But say they attack you from behind again. This time, you beat the living shit out of them so that they are incapable of getting up to attack you again for a long time. You do this because you realize that your attacker is incapable of understanding that it is futile to attack you and they need to be incapacitated.

This is where Israel is with radical Muslims. This is why the positions are not equivalent. Israel has not started the wars, they just win them. Do not let them confuse you into thinking that makes them equally responsible for the violence. The person who throws the first hit or launches the first rocket is culpable. And they are going to get the living shit beat out of them.

I hope this helps you understand the reality of the situation.

TMink on July 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Meh, when the Jihadi’s take over they will eliminate the homosexuals and then Sally Kohn will feel a little differently.

ctmom on July 23, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Man, that guy is homely.

Ward Cleaver on July 23, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Look at that hairstyle. Untouched by man.

ConstantineXI on July 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM

So for statistical purposes ‘she’ can be counted as one of the pool of 72?

meci on July 23, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Guy, your last Twitter response hit a nerve.

Ward Cleaver on July 23, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Self-hating Jew.

I’m so glad she’s no longer on FNC. Now I don’t have to change the channel when she’s on.

The people that have called her dolt, idiot, etc. are right on.

conservative hispanic on July 23, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Are you sure that isn’t Rachel Madcow?

Russ in OR on July 23, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I’ve got a dead cat buried in the back yard with more intelligence than Sally Kohn.

GT on July 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Sally Kohn looks like she got hit by an ugly rocket. These socialist progressives are ugly to the core.

Krupnikas on July 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Reason #1,562 why I hate liberals.

kirkill on July 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM

and she seriously does have “Rachel MadCow disease”.

kirkill on July 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Krupnikas on July 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM

You manage being quite ugly without showing yourself at all,
proving that it’s what’s on the inside that matters.

verbaluce on July 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Probably a repetition of a previous post on this thread, but, our destructively feckless president is also ‘very charming’.

vnvet on July 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM

– Guy

As you can see by the comments here, many of your readers reject the idea of disliking the argument but not the person.
If you’re going to last here, you’re going to start including your personal physical repulsion along with mocking comments about looks and weight.

verbaluce on July 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM

vnvet on July 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM

He’s charming I guess, if you’re a moron who’s really bad at spotting blatant con men lol

non-nonpartisan on July 23, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Her rebuttal, as of this writing? Crickets.

LOL…she’s still down on the canvas looking for her mouthpiece like Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas in 1990.

ddrintn on July 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Why does anyone give a shit what Sally Kohn thinks about anything?

ConstantineXI on July 22, 2014 at 11:14 PM

It’s because she’s a lesbian, and the LGBT miscreants MUST be given a platform to convince the bigoted, conservative a-holes like us of their God given rights to be treated specially.

bimmcorp on July 23, 2014 at 10:44 AM

His friends call him Sal.

DWoDiego on July 23, 2014 at 10:46 AM

verbaluce on July 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM

In other words, be more like a proggie?

ddrintn on July 23, 2014 at 10:49 AM

verbaluce on July 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM

How many progs have made fun of, say, Limbaugh’s weight? Or Palin’s glasses and hairstyle and speech patterns? In lieu, of course, of taking on arguments? Hmmmm?

ddrintn on July 23, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Is there any good reason to listen to Sally except for understanding how leftists are delusional misfits? A worthless commentator on a more useless network.

regmgr on July 23, 2014 at 10:52 AM

This dude is ugly.

Schadenfreude on July 23, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Kohn is a liberal idiot with her head up her ass. And that’s on a GOOD day.

This libtard moral equivalence crap is so idiotic.

Here’s a report from calgaey…6 peaceful pro Israeli protesters beaten and kicked by 100 palestinian azzholes. Equivalent?? WTF

txdoc on July 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM

People with Sally’s cognitive skills used to be referred to as retarded.

Midas on July 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM

This dude is ugly.

Schadenfreude on July 23, 2014 at 10:55 AM

If Rachel Maddow had a son….

oceansidecon on July 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM

When did Jason Biggs start bleaching his hair?

M240H on July 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Remember every time you blame Israel for Palestinian human shield deaths, you are encouraging more Palestinian human shield deaths. I hope you think it’s worth it to continue to promote your notariety at the expense of innocent lives.

talkingpoints on July 22, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Nice.

Guy Benson on July 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Dear Mr. Benson,

Are you really that mystified? In one sense it’s irrelevant whether you can “reconcile” her charm with her intellectual seriousness. But you put it in the post, and a number of commenters have pointed out why they disagree with you. You are apparently “mystified” that they disagree on this issue, despite their explaining why.

Second, what common ground? It’s hard to tell whether you think this is small talk “common ground” — gee, isn’t global warming making it muggy here in D.C.?” or whether you think there is more substantive common ground to be found. If you think there is some more substantive common ground to be found with the likes of Kohn, I’m sure there would be a lot of interest in hearing.

Finally, more importantly — here’s the fundamental issue — one which I know you are aware of but I haven’t heard/read your response. Kohn’s “charm” is of a piece with those who call us racists, homophobic, sexists, xenophopic, who want to silence us, who’ve suggested we be arrested, fined — well, you know the drill. Mafia types — I learn from the movies — are inclined to kiss those about to be buried in the desert. Given the myriad disgusting things Kohn has said, why shouldn’t we believe that her charm was just the promise of a coming kiss? One that would bury you, no less than the commenters here, out in the desert someplace…probably where the democratic state of Israel was once located.

EastofEden on July 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM

verbaluce on July 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM

It’s called multi-tasking…we can do both, because one is funny, and the other pathetic.

You choose if the “looks” or the “idea” is funny or pathetic…to us, it’s interchangeable. Liberals are both funny and pathetic.

You are a perfect example.

right2bright on July 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM

You just want her for her body . . . .

Bubba Redneck on July 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM

verbaluce on July 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM

This dude is ugly, from the inside, to the out.

Schadenfreude on July 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM

What does that hairstyle say?

It says, “untouched by man”.

ConstantineXI on July 23, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Thread winner!!!!

Guy, perhaps she wishes you to change the above fact but is unsure how to go about it.
Help her out . . . .

Bubba Redneck on July 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Goebbels and Saddam were charming too, they say.

Schadenfreude on July 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Self-loathing Jews are all insane.

Schadenfreude on July 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Kohn’s argument is as simplistic as it is wrong.
There can be no question of Israel’s right and need to defend itself.
The legitimate question would be at what point Israel’s actions become punishing overkill, guaranteed to result in high civilian casualties. That is indeed a moral question and Israeli leaders should rightly be held accountable, If their defense is that they make efforts to avoid this – those efforts are not working. They are quite simply killing a lot of civilians. This must always be viewed as a military and moral failure.

The other legitimate question is one of policy. They are using overwhelming force and calling it ‘defensive’. Whatever argument that can me made in defense of that strategy, it’s worth noting that Hamas was conceived and bred as a direct result of the First Intifada, in which the IDF’s ‘iron fist policy’ allowed for using live ammo on civilians and beating people with clubs.
So this is another sh!t show that will only delay if not dash any remaining hopes of a peaceful future for Israel.

verbaluce on July 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM

He’s not to bright, is he?

Hening on July 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM

There can be no question of Israel’s right and need to defend itself.

So how many rockets should Israel allow to land in it’s public civilian areas before you will defend Israels right to defend itself?

Huh sounds like Boston..