Florida dad beats the living hell out of man who allegedly sexually assaulted his son, then calls the cops

posted at 2:41 pm on July 18, 2014 by Allahpundit

Just passing this along for your edification via Twitter, where people are sharing the link and many virtual high-fives. I use the word “allegedly” in the headline loosely because, per the report, the accused molester ‘fessed up after the cops were done peeling him off the floor.

Reminds me of a similar story from Texas two years ago about a dad who caught some degenerate molesting his little girl and beat him literally to death. He was remorseful; the dad in today’s story is … less so.

Asked if any weapons were involved, the father said “my foot and my fist.”…

The child told investigators that he was playing video games with friends but after the friends left, Frolander asked the boy to sit in his lap and then took him to a back room, the report said.

Frolander then pulled the boy’s pants down and started sexually battering him, the boy told police, adding that Frolander had been abusing him since he was 8 years old, investigators said…

“He stood up and his pants were around his ankles and nothing else needed to be said,” the father said. “I did whatever I got a right to do except I didn’t kill him.”

“You are damn lucky boy that I love my God,” the man said on the telephone to 9-1-1.

“I’m guilty,” said Frolander when questioned by police, according to the arrest affidavit. The boy’s father hasn’t been charged — but could he be? Here’s what Florida law says about using force when coming to the defense of another person:

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or

(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.

The particulars of the law don’t much matter — no jury in America is going to convict the dad, especially since he stopped short of killing the perp — but obviously he qualifies for this defense. All he has to do is show that he “reasonably believed” he needed to use force to stop the attack; given that a rapist caught in the act and facing a loooong sentence is apt to be desperate and behave unpredictably, no one’s seriously going to dispute that force was necessary to neutralize him. If the dad had gone apesh*t and continued beating the guy even after he was out cold, to the point where he actually killed him, a prosecutor might have toyed (briefly) with a voluntary manslaughter charge. But c’mon: Who’s going to convict a parent for being overzealous in protecting their child from a predator caught in the act? Dad could have tossed this guy off a building “Untouchables”-style and people would be talking about him as a third-party candidate for mayor. When you walk in on your kid being raped, you get the benefit of the doubt.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Obama: “If I had a son, I would have just been saddened”

faraway on July 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Wow. A sane dad.
Lucky kid.

LASue on July 18, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Father of the Year.

myiq2xu on July 18, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I wouldn’t want to take my chances in several places (NYC, SF, etc.).

mankai on July 18, 2014 at 2:47 PM

He should have killed the freak…

OmahaConservative on July 18, 2014 at 2:47 PM

To quote Chris Tucker in “Friday”:

YOU GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT!

DethMetalCookieMonst on July 18, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I love that. He’s probably right, too…if it hadn’t been for his faith, he may very well have killed the abuser.

lineholder on July 18, 2014 at 2:47 PM

A jury full of pro-homosexual deviants.

nobar on July 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM

No, GJ will indict and no jury may convict, but that won’t stop Angela Corey from filing charges against him.

Blake on July 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Cue libs on DKos and HuffPost wanting to throw the book at the dad.

22044 on July 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Just be sure to keep psycho Judge Nelson and malicious prosecutor Angela Corey far, far away.

Those two clowns have a real problem with victims of crime.

viking01 on July 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Tell Tom Shipley that this is how you respond when someone you care about gets hurt.

faraway on July 18, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Now that is a parent.

gophergirl on July 18, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Compare this story with Obama’s speech today.

faraway on July 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM

NAACP to accuse him of being racist in 5..4..3..2..

DethMetalCookieMonst on July 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM

*standing ovation*

bigmacdaddy on July 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I have always said if someone hurt my son, I would be happy to spend the rest of my life in prison…

ladyingray on July 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Good.

Jedditelol on July 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM

The kid knows if he would’ve known, his dad would’ve protected him earlier.
May the job be completed in jail. Even criminals hate kiddie rapists.

HornetSting on July 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Wow, the father really did a number on the perp!

Good!

Kingfisher on July 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I have to admit, I’d be very tempted to not stop short of killing the dude. This guy deserves kudos for showing that much restraint.

Doughboy on July 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM

As far as I’m concerned, this dad did exactly the right thing. Killing a child-abuser would be too nice…beating them to within an inch of their lives and letting them live to feel the pain and have permanent scars is far better.

I’m betting the doosh perp won’t ever be doing anything like that ever again. This may not be the most Christian thought in the world, but hopefully this guy will be getting a taste of his own medicine behind bars from his fellow inmates. Even the most hardened criminals don’t take nicely to child abusers.

JetBoy on July 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Good thing Angela Cory is not a Prosecutor there.

Johnnyreb on July 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM

The perv was apparently still conscious when cops arrived, so it appears the father used considerable restraint.

AZCoyote on July 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM

…if the LSM treated JugEars…like they did Booosh…he might look like that!

JugEarsButtHurt on July 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM

That’s what Thad Cochran would look like after a closed GOP primary.

MTF on July 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Suh-weet.

davidk on July 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Finally, some American style justice.

Not to nit-pick, but I think the Dad was a little sloppy, the perp’s left eye is not swollen shut. Dad must have missed that, but, heat of battle and all that.

captnjoe on July 18, 2014 at 2:54 PM

He was almost a shovel ready project

faraway on July 18, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Angria Mitchell is already trying to edit the perp’s confession.

viking01 on July 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM

A lot of healing in that family…prayers with the dad and son.

A beating does not remove the scars…

right2bright on July 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Nothing boils my blood like child abuse but remember most child (and sexual) abusers were themselves abused as children as well. I’m not high-fiving, I’m feeling sorry for all involved.

Marcus on July 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM

BTW, maybe the Catholic Church should hire this guy…

right2bright on July 18, 2014 at 2:57 PM

That’s quite the gay bashing that homophobe gave him.

JohnBrown on July 18, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Charge the father for littering – he left some trash on the sidewalk. Then award him a Father of the Year medal.

Rix on July 18, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I have often said this is the way these things should be handled. I wonder how often this happens that we don’t know about.

crankyoldlady on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Cops charged me when I did far less to the coach who was sexting my daughter (age 12). He trumped up two charges to protect his buddy. Cost me a fortune. I talked to his fellow coach at a school where had recently been hired, showed him the texts plus multiple public tweets in which he tweets middle and high school girls ( on the team he was coaching too), some during school hours, others as late as midnight. I also showed him the disgusting posts he put up at a social site.

The coach turned my name into the campus cop with a bogus story about me. AD and campus cop refused to see the evidence I had, When I asked the cop if he cared about the girls the jerk was coaching at the high school where the cop worked, he responded, “are you threatening me?!?” 7 weeks later cops showed up at my home.

This guy should be thankful this has gone public. I had to go to the papers… And you know how the school district defended itself? They said that I could have photoshopped the pages and pages of screen caps of his public tweets and posts.

Don’t trust the cops.

mankai on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I would have at least made sure the kid walked with a limp for the rest of his life.

tommyboy on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I feel bad for the father.

His knuckles probably hurt like hell now.

battalion on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

captnjoe on July 18, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Well, they can’t show a photo of where the perp’s genitals used to be.

John the Libertarian on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

He should have killed the freak…

OmahaConservative on July 18, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Given he has been abusing the boy for a while, I want to agree.

As to my own actions if I had been in similar situation? I love God, too. But I think I would have killed him and let him work it out before the judgement seat; Jesus and I can work things out as pertains to my salvation.

GWB on July 18, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Don’t trust the cops.

mankai on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Words to live by.

captnjoe on July 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM

That man’s son should have stayed in the car.

xblade on July 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Don’t trust the cops.

mankai on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Hey look. It’s Tom Morrello again.

DethMetalCookieMonst on July 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM

My only nit: the kid is 11 and has been molested since he was 8. Dad did the right thing when he found out, but where has he been for the last few years?

No Truce With Kings on July 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Mankai, blame the person, not the profession.

DethMetalCookieMonst on July 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Well, they can’t show a photo of where the perp’s genitals used to be.

John the Libertarian on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

LOL! true, true.

captnjoe on July 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Well, they can’t show a photo of where the perp’s genitals used to be.

John the Libertarian on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Might their current location explain the lump in one cheek?

GWB on July 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

No Truce With Kings on July 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

What? Do you think he shoudl have had 24/7 survailance on the kid?

DethMetalCookieMonst on July 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I wouldn’t count on that. They do sometimes go after people for killing when it is not necessary to stop the act and juries can surprise.

This ended the best way possible. The scumbag got the beating he deserved and will be locked up for a long time. Dad will not be charged and can be around to begin the process of making sure his son gets the help he will no doubt need. I’m glad he held back.

DisneyFan on July 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Law or no law – if I caught a pervert doing that to any child, the odds of the pervert surviving beyond two minutes are non-existent.

So to all those perverts out there: You were warned.

Turtle317 on July 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Justice.

sauldalinsky on July 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Marcus on July 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM

So what?

Being mistreated doesn’t get you a pass or sympathy in mistreating children.

Everyone has a sad story, but not everyone brutalizes others.

This scumbag had a choice and he chose evil.

sharrukin on July 18, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Didn’t go far enough.

There is no cure, except death.

portlandon on July 18, 2014 at 3:03 PM

The only downside to this story is that some so-called “human rights group” will probably do their best to make this perp the victim and the father the aggressor.

Kingfisher on July 18, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I was molested as a child. After the abuse ended, I made 2 vows:

1) To “break the cycle of abuse” and do no harm to a child or woman. By the Grace of God, that vows remains intact.

2) That any person caught harming my family in this way would die by my hand. By the Grace of God, I haven’t needed to , and I hope I never do. YMMV

fortcoins on July 18, 2014 at 3:05 PM

So he beat the shit out of him but did not kill him now that’s restraint.

sorrowen on July 18, 2014 at 3:06 PM

That’s quite the gay bashing that homophobe gave him.

JohnBrown on July 18, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Evidence of homophobia? Projecting, much?
I guess you’d be all good with your child be molested this guy, or any other person, male or female.

Closet Optimist on July 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM

So what?

Being mistreated doesn’t get you a pass or sympathy in mistreating children.

Everyone has a sad story, but not everyone brutalizes others.

This scumbag had a choice and he chose evil.

sharrukin

They know what they’re doing is wrong. That’s why they hide it. So no, the “but they were molested themselves” BS doesn’t fly.

xblade on July 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Didn’t go far enough.

There is no cure, except death.

portlandon on July 18, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Should the molester find his way into the general prison population he probably will be “cured.”

Prison justice has a reputation for effectively dealing with exploiters of children.

viking01 on July 18, 2014 at 3:08 PM

That dad is not feeling very good… Lets hope this guy is guilty… Make sure his cell mates know what he did…

astonerii on July 18, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Finishing the job would have been a large addition to society by subtraction.

stout77 on July 18, 2014 at 3:09 PM

*standing ovation*

bigmacdaddy on July 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Yup.

ToddPA on July 18, 2014 at 3:09 PM

As much as I like the idea of the father ventilating the scumbag to save the good people of Florida from the expense of feeding and housing the perp for the next few decades, this is still totally awesome.

alchemist19 on July 18, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Evidence of homophobia? Projecting, much?

Closet Optimist

I suspect he was being sarcastic.

xblade on July 18, 2014 at 3:10 PM

xblade on July 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Exactly.

What criminal committing what crime couldn’t make the same claim?

sharrukin on July 18, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Don’t trust the cops.

mankai on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Hey look. It’s Tom Morrello again.

DethMetalCookieMonst on July 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Totally unwarranted insult.

When the police are the face of the system that fails you, it’s easy to express some skepticism -whether they are aspect of thessystem that failed you or not.

M240H on July 18, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I’m really hoping either HuffPo or the Daily Kos posts this story because I want to see the reaction in the comments section. I’d bet on substantial numbers calling for ‘treatment’ for the offender and jail for the dad (state custody of the kid, of course).

LukeinNE on July 18, 2014 at 3:12 PM

This scumbag had a choice and he chose evil.

sharrukin on July 18, 2014 at 3:03 PM

He chose … poorly.

GWB on July 18, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Libfreeordie would have walked over and gave the guy a hug.

If I remember correctly, that was how he was brought into the gay mafia fold…

Older man, underage boy.

astonerii on July 18, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Too bad he didn’t kill him.

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:13 PM

The perp looks like a White-Hispanic. Case closed NY Times?

MistyLane on July 18, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Was he wearing a hoodie? Was the perp of color because I am sure holder will want to screw the father.

crosshugger on July 18, 2014 at 3:13 PM

The perp is probably thankful it wasn’t a hate crime — ’cause that would’ve been so much worse — being beaten to a pulp hatefully.

jdpaz on July 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM

No Truce With Kings on July 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

If I was going to take a random guess, I’d say the perp could be a friend of the family in some way….friend of an older brother or cousin, etc.

lineholder on July 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

That’s quite the gay bashing that homophobe gave him.

JohnBrown on July 18, 2014 at 2:57 PM

libfreeordie on July 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Cue libs on DKos and HuffPost wanting to throw the book at the dad.
22044 on July 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Most will recognize that is still a bridge too far… for now. Another one, three, five years? They’ll cross it for sure, it’s just a matter of when.

Marcola on July 18, 2014 at 3:16 PM

No Truce With Kings on July 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

What? Do you think he shoudl have had 24/7 survailance on the kid?

DethMetalCookieMonst on July 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Good for this father, but I was wondering the same thing.

And I decided to chime in because you wrapped someone’s knuckles while misspelling should and surveillance.

BuckeyeSam on July 18, 2014 at 3:16 PM

crosshugger on July 18, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I’m sure Mr. Holder is going to sue over the “stand your ground” law, even though it occurred in the house….

Turtle317 on July 18, 2014 at 3:16 PM

I’m sure Orange Charlie Crist will defend the predator and fund raise off of his story making the predator the victim. The corrupt, low life attorneys in Crist’s law firm are salivating.

Everyone is happy on Team Charlie Crist except for his stupid beard.

Jayrae on July 18, 2014 at 3:16 PM

BuckeyeSam on July 18, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Heh, and you used the wrong form of ‘wrapped’… in this case it’s ‘rapped’.

Marcola on July 18, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Holder to involve himself on “racism”.

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:18 PM

libfreeordie and lester

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:19 PM

That’s quite the gay bashing that homophobe gave him.

JohnBrown on July 18, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Yes it was. Cool, huh?

davidk on July 18, 2014 at 3:19 PM

AWESOME story!!

but did you have to display that picture though? i didn’t want to see that…

Sachiko on July 18, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Well, they can’t show a photo of where the perp’s genitals used to be.

John the Libertarian on July 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

But they can show where his genitals are now…see those lumps on the left side of his throat?

JetBoy on July 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM

No Truce With Kings on July 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

The guilt, shame, confusion, mental manipulation and threats the abuser inflicts on the victim work to hide the abuse. Many cases of child sexual abuse go unreported and kept secret.

Newtie and the Beauty on July 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I was molested as a child. After the abuse ended, I made 2 vows:

fortcoins on July 18, 2014 at 3:05 PM

you are an amazing person!! good for you.

Sachiko on July 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Caught in the act of recruitment.

Akzed on July 18, 2014 at 3:24 PM

AWESOME story!!
but did you have to display that picture though? i didn’t want to see that…
Sachiko on July 18, 2014 at 3:21 PM

You should’ve seen the perp when the cops got there…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 18, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Wait ’til Angela Corey hears about this. Can’t have the good guys win one, ya know.

InterestedObserver on July 18, 2014 at 3:24 PM

libfreeordie on July 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

You’re in contrast to your fellow liberals here:

7/4/14: ‘Paedophilia is natural and normal for males’

See you in 10 years before the Supreme Court knocks down the ban on pedophilia.

Justice Kennedy writing the opinion naturally.

sentinelrules on July 18, 2014 at 3:25 PM

No Truce With Kings on July 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I wondered about that myself until I realized maybe the pervert threatened to hurt the father or something. They are good at that sort of thing. Also maybe the kid didn’t want this exact thing to happen because his father might get in trouble.

crankyoldlady on July 18, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on July 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM

All true, sadly.

And in most cases of abuse like this, the perp is a family member or close family friend. Some children try to explain what’s happening to them, but far too often the parent(s) just don’t want to, or can’t, believe it.

JetBoy on July 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM

You’re the worst for assuming the father can’t tell the difference between homosexual sex between consenting adults and pedophilia. Don’t attribute your stupidity to others. libfreeordie on July 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

When the “ped” becomes an adult he seamlessly blends into the “I’ve always been gay” crowd, unfortunately.

Akzed on July 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I guess his fists got tired, so he called the cops to take over for him.

NotCoach on July 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM

libfreeordie on July 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Go away. This is not a thread for pervs.

22044 on July 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM

With all this talk of violence that was obviously justified, it’s ironic & tragic that many of the people celebrating him for protecting his kid have paid abortionists to do worse violence to their own kids.

itsnotaboutme on July 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM

libfreeordie on July 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Your buddies at NAMBLA would beg to differ – as would the man who abused his advantages over you.

Good thing this didn’t happen in SF. The Bay Area doesn’t take kindly to parental rights or basic morality.

BKennedy on July 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Good ending to a horrible crime but I find it incredible that this father had no faith in the Florida justice system. Yes, sarcasm. Yes, the perp had rights. But apparently so did the dad. And lefts too! Nyuk nyuk.

sgtstogie on July 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM