Florida dad beats the living hell out of man who allegedly sexually assaulted his son, then calls the cops

posted at 2:41 pm on July 18, 2014 by Allahpundit

Just passing this along for your edification via Twitter, where people are sharing the link and many virtual high-fives. I use the word “allegedly” in the headline loosely because, per the report, the accused molester ‘fessed up after the cops were done peeling him off the floor.

Reminds me of a similar story from Texas two years ago about a dad who caught some degenerate molesting his little girl and beat him literally to death. He was remorseful; the dad in today’s story is … less so.

Asked if any weapons were involved, the father said “my foot and my fist.”…

The child told investigators that he was playing video games with friends but after the friends left, Frolander asked the boy to sit in his lap and then took him to a back room, the report said.

Frolander then pulled the boy’s pants down and started sexually battering him, the boy told police, adding that Frolander had been abusing him since he was 8 years old, investigators said…

“He stood up and his pants were around his ankles and nothing else needed to be said,” the father said. “I did whatever I got a right to do except I didn’t kill him.”

“You are damn lucky boy that I love my God,” the man said on the telephone to 9-1-1.

“I’m guilty,” said Frolander when questioned by police, according to the arrest affidavit. The boy’s father hasn’t been charged — but could he be? Here’s what Florida law says about using force when coming to the defense of another person:

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or

(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.

The particulars of the law don’t much matter — no jury in America is going to convict the dad, especially since he stopped short of killing the perp — but obviously he qualifies for this defense. All he has to do is show that he “reasonably believed” he needed to use force to stop the attack; given that a rapist caught in the act and facing a loooong sentence is apt to be desperate and behave unpredictably, no one’s seriously going to dispute that force was necessary to neutralize him. If the dad had gone apesh*t and continued beating the guy even after he was out cold, to the point where he actually killed him, a prosecutor might have toyed (briefly) with a voluntary manslaughter charge. But c’mon: Who’s going to convict a parent for being overzealous in protecting their child from a predator caught in the act? Dad could have tossed this guy off a building “Untouchables”-style and people would be talking about him as a third-party candidate for mayor. When you walk in on your kid being raped, you get the benefit of the doubt.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Woohoo! 500 comments!!!

Unfortunately, it appears a huge number of those are a debate over something not relevant to the article. *sigh*

GWB on July 20, 2014 at 7:20 AM

You’re the worst for assuming the father can’t tell the difference between homosexual sex between consenting adults and pedophilia. Don’t attribute your stupidity to others.
libfreeordie on July 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Your buddies at NAMBLA would beg to differ – as would the man who abused his advantages over you.

Good thing this didn’t happen in SF. The Bay Area doesn’t take kindly to parental rights or basic morality.

BKennedy on July 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM

The two of you are out of your minds. Jeebus.

JetBoy on July 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Well, Jetboy, it appears to have happened here. It’s happened before. libfree came in and made the extreme leftist input know. Someone countered what he said. Then it appeared as though most that followed was in defending his premise or being gay in general.

hawkdriver on July 20, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Justice…

SMO on July 20, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Woohoo! 500 comments!!!

GWB on July 20, 2014 at 7:20 AM

This is true, but how many different ways can you say, “Frolander brought it upon himself, and it’s not really easy to deny that he deserved it”? =)

Plus, some gays have a problem accepting their status as a perverse minority, which will always manifest itself in a thread like this by generating a lot of comments fueled by their insecurity.

non-nonpartisan on July 20, 2014 at 8:26 AM

*******Holy crud! A pigeon just flew into my window, glass everywhere, scared the living shiz out of me. Cleaned up, don’t know if the bird is going to see another sunrise, anyone have any suggestions how to possibly save this bird, please let me know. I hate seeing any living thing suffer.*******

JetBoy on July 19, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Don’t worry about it. It’s perfectly normal.

rogerb on July 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Don’t worry about it. It’s perfectly normal.

rogerb on July 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM

lol =)

non-nonpartisan on July 20, 2014 at 9:51 AM

JetBoy on July 19, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I don’t see the gay angle here.

Akzed on July 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM

JetBoy on July 19, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Take it to the vet or put it down.
Only two options

Bubba Redneck on July 20, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Never trust your kids around f@ggots.
They are pedophiles.
Since homos cannot reproduce they must recruit which amounts to molestation.

Bubba Redneck on July 20, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Please don’t tell me that you can choose whether to be homosexual or not.

BigAlSouth on July 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Every homo, man or woman, I know has biological children.
Sticking it in the hole of your choice is a choice as is having what you want stuck in your holes also a choice.
1% of the population is perverted.

Bubba Redneck on July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I just went to check on it, it’s died :( It must have been flying at a pretty good clip…it’s a big window pane and there’s not much left of it.

JetBoy on July 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Oh sorry to hear about that. :(

We have had a couple fly into our big picture window. None have broken it; both were stunned. The last one I thought was dead before it jumped up, flapped, and took off.

I hit a bird once with my Jeep Cherokee heading to a wedding. Saw this streak out of the corner of my eye then a big WUMP and feathers everywhere as it struck just below the left headlight. I was ding ~65 at the time. Luckily the headlight was not broken.

Bubba Redneck on July 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM

JetBoy on July 19, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Don’t worry about it. It’s perfectly normal.

rogerb on July 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I’ve done a good deal of ‘live pigeon’ shooting, and my dad taught me early to “wring the neck” to the point of decapitation, if a downed bird wasn’t dead, yet.

It never failed to work.

listens2glenn on July 20, 2014 at 3:37 PM

listens2glenn on July 20, 2014 at 3:37 PM

The wife for reasons unknown decided to wash my hunting clothes while I was out of town and one item was my shooting vest with the opening in the back to carry birds. Ain’t hunted in years, but she did what she did.

There are feather everywhere and the washer and dryer with be presenting little presents for a while. I had to chuckle.

HonestLib on July 20, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Every homo, man or woman, I know has biological children.
1% of the population is perverted.

Bubba Redneck on July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I have to read Axe’s post two or three times and sometimes still have no clue. You are in good company as I have no idea what you are saying. Chuckle!

HonestLib on July 20, 2014 at 5:16 PM

By the pic, wouldn’t really call this “living hell” beat out of him–he looks pretty good. He’ll probably mend with minimal if any scarring. Would look way worse with several .45″ holes he’d have in him if similarly found at my house.

Ay Uaxe on July 20, 2014 at 6:48 PM

No, I wouldn’t support incest between brother and sister or parents and children, even when they are adults and obviously not when a child is involved period.

Rational Db8 on July 19, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Fine. If you can make that definitive statement, then i can say the same thing about two dudes or two dudettes.

Nutstuyu on July 20, 2014 at 8:44 PM

*******Holy crud! A hamster just flew into my window,

JetBoy on July 19, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I don’t see the gay angle here.

Akzed on July 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM

There you go Akzed.

roy_batty on July 20, 2014 at 10:19 PM

I wouldn’t support incest between brother and sister or parents and children, even when they are adults . . . It’s morally repugnant.

Rational Db8 on July 19, 2014 at 4:01 PM

If you want to make moral judgments, then you should accept the fact that others make moral judgments, too.

corkie on July 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Good to have you back HL.

rogerb on July 21, 2014 at 1:14 PM

@corkie on July 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM
& @Nutstuyu on July 20, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Of course I accept that others have a right to their opinion also – where did you two ever get the idea otherwise? That doesn’t mean that I have to agree with them, or them with me.

Rational Db8 on July 21, 2014 at 4:04 PM

HonestLib on July 20, 2014 at 5:13 PM

_ _
>.<
~

What a MESS!!!

I don’t see the gay angle here.

Akzed on July 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM

The only thing gay is his logic, which is a prime example of why ‘gay’ used to basically mean ‘willfully retarded’.

LawfulGood on July 22, 2014 at 4:39 AM