Deja vu: Liberals writing songs now for left-wing candidate who might primary Hillary

posted at 3:21 pm on July 18, 2014 by Allahpundit

It’s not a presidential campaign in America anymore until someone puts their progressive hero-worship for a Clinton challenger to music.

The contrast in styles with “Yes We Can” is revealing. That song was celebrity-heavy and hymnal, both of which fed the idea of Obama as icon. He was an object of veneration, the left’s epitome of cool. Warren doesn’t have one one-thousandth his personal charisma and, unlike him circa 2007, she does seem to care about policy on the merits, beyond whether a given position will help or hurt her nascent presidential campaign. (Remember, Obama’s signature achievement as president began as an applause line he stuck into a stump speech because he didn’t want to seem less interested in health-care reform than Hillary.) They liked Obama because they saw him as an agent of political and cultural deliverance; watch “Yes We Can” again and see for yourself how hollow and ridiculous it looks now. They like Warren, I think, because they see her as authentic and substantive, in contrast to the Hopenchange light show. She’s basically their hippie grandma. Her song, naturally, is folk-y. She’s progressivism unplugged.

I shudder to think what “Hillary’s song” would sound like. The imperial march? Exit question via Conn Carroll: Aren’t “populists” supposed to be against corporate welfare handouts like the Ex-Im bank?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

“Look, there’s a big war in the D party” — Ned of HA

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM

What could go wrong?

Hillary could see the groundswell of support for fauxahauntiss and not enter the race.

cozmo on July 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Btw, Ned plagiarizes as badly as Fareed Rafiq Zakaria.

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM

He will get back to you on that.

As soon as he finds some already put together words to steal.

cozmo on July 18, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I’m really beginning to think Warren is going to run, and perhaps even win the nomination.

She’s so far left she makes Hillary look moderate. This should be fun.

cat_owner on July 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Leftist populists voted for….wait…twice…for…obama.

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Nothing says “mindless zealot” like singing about a politician.

Flange on July 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM

She looks so Indian.

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM

cozmo on July 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Yes, I think so too. Perhaps Hillary’s terrible book sales are an indication of Hillary fatigue with the public.

Warren to some extent is a ‘fresh face’ although she’s actually not all that much younger than Hillary.

And for sure leftists love her, probably more than Hillary.

cat_owner on July 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Crazy leftists.

These people would welcome a Warren dictatorship.

DisneyFan on July 18, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I have been saying this for months, Hillary is not going to run. The Dems have been giving her ample opportunities to take the exit ramp, and at some point will force her out if she doesn’t leave quietly. Someone other than Biden has to step up and Warren is about the only one on the Dem bench that is semi-coherent.

Warren will get the nomination and get destroyed in the election. and then we get to hear 4-8 years of Republicans hate women, blah, blah. blah….

Johnnyreb on July 18, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Could Obama be consistently wrong on every single damn thing if he was genuinely disengaged? Just by chance, some of his policies might end up as neutral or positive, no?

Fake Redskin. shudder.

sauldalinsky on July 18, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Hillary’s theme:

♫Poor, poor, pitiful me….

before college loot,

and bought my way outta Benghazi…♫

(apologies to and RIP Warren Zevon)

viking01 on July 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I shudder to think what “Hillary’s song” would sound like.

DRPrice on July 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM

When do we get the little kiddies mindlessly singing anthems to Die Fuhrerin?

PS Lousy song.

At least most of the Barack Heil Obama stuff had a melody.

formwiz on July 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Leftist populists are only against cronyism that they don’t control.

Make no mistake, EVERYTHING is about control.

nobar on July 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM

” … candidate who might primary Hillary …”

That’s an odd use of the word “primary”.

Pork-Chop on July 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Not a cult.

blammm on July 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I have to tell you if I had to pick between Hilary and Warren, I am going with Hil.

The Clintons are about the Clintons whereas Warren seems to be another do-gooder ideologue. The Clintons aren’t ideologue and tend to rule by polling.

Reminds me of that C.S. Lewis quote:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

melle1228 on July 18, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Crazy leftists.

These people would welcome a Warren dictatorship.

DisneyFan on July 18, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Funny you should say that

NoFanofLibs on July 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Dear God Warren would be worse than Obama. She’s so corrupt and such an accomplished liar.

darwin on July 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM

She’s so far left she makes Hillary look moderate. This should be fun.

cat_owner on July 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM

It’s hard to see Hillary allowing 2008 to happen again, but unless a mysterious “event” occurs (as has been known to happen around the Clintons), any thing that Hillary does may not be enough.

Either way, the winner will probably be our next President. Fun times.

DisneyFan on July 18, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Hillary will either not run – or she will lose in the primary.

So let it be written…

jake-the-goose on July 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM

What scares me the most is that this woman could actually win the Presidency. Don’t underestimate stupidity.

Jack_Burton on July 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM

She’s so far left she makes Hillary look moderate. This should be fun.

cat_owner on July 18, 2014 at 3:33 P

Hard to tell her and Lenin apart.

She’s really, really bad news. Not even Obama mouths Marx as much in public as this psychopath.

darwin on July 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Not a cult.

blammm on July 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Since it’s Warren, it’s more like a tribe.

jon1979 on July 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Can Warren win anything outside Commiecticut, Taxachusetts and Mexifornia? Even a state as deep-blue as New York may recoil at the idea of giving the milk cow of banking industry the “death of thousand regulation cuts”. On the other hand, after de Blasio’s win there, it is entirely possible that anyone with a (D) past the last name can win a general election. Even Killary, and even Fauxahontas.

Rix on July 18, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Song and dance

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM

She looks so Indian.

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Maybe Cher will sing “Halfbreed” for her at the DNC.

After Al Frankenstein in Minnesota, it’s the Return of the Liz-ard People.

Steve Z on July 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Wait, wut? That was for real. I thought it was a Onion parody. The videos of the cat lady’s and beta males in the audience added to the authenticity.

Thought for sure Warren would appropriate Cher’s song.

My great-grandfather married a 1/16 Cherokee
My mother’s people were ashamed of me
The indians said I was white by law
My Harvard Colleagues always called me “Indian Squaw”

1/32 breed, that’s all I ever heard
1/32 breed, how I learned to hate the word
1/32 breed, she’s no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born

We never settled, went from town to town
When you’re not welcome you don’t hang around
The other children always laughed at me “Give her a feather, she’s a 1/32 Cherokee”

HumpBot Salvation on July 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM

A casino, and a discount cigarette shop in every neighborhood!

VOTE WARREN 2016!

Pork-Chop on July 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I’ll take out a machine gun nest with my Kukri. That doesn’t scare me.
I’ll swim in shark infested waters to save a 9 year old. That doesn’t scare me.
Al-Qaeda doesn’t scare me.
Hamas doesn’t scare me.

Things that really scare me are…..

Hillary: This plane thing is really Europe’s problem
Video: Any thoughts on this Israel/Hamas war in Gaza, Elizabeth Warren?
Video: Semi-retired president interrupts burger run to issue brief statement on plane being blown up
Hillary’s pollyanna foreign policy
$500K Clinton lunch bidder told: It costs double to bring kids

o think that this is the best of the best that the democrats have to offer to run this country.

jpcpt03 on July 18, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Hillary is not likely to run if there is significant noise to her left.

She should have learned this in the race against Obama: you can’t win Democratic primaries these days unless you run to the left. Today’s Democrats will nominate the most liberal candidate they think could win. They are tired of “settling” with Clinton and Gore, Howard Dean could have cruised in 2004 had he not squandered all his early money and then had a obvious mental breakdown.

Warren is Hillary’s nightmare. Somehow she struck a chord with the left wing even though she is as phony as a three dollar bill.

~~

Btw, Ned plagiarizes as badly as Fareed Rafiq Zakaria.

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Zakaria is a plagiarist? I just thought he was an idiot.

But no wonder I’d hadn’t heard – no writer would want to claim work that Zakaria would pass off as his own.

Drivel isn’t that hard to write. Zakaria has been producing nothing but for a quarter century – unless that was all copied, too.

Adjoran on July 18, 2014 at 3:56 PM

And who could forget this gem:

zhohlz on July 18, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I shudder to think what “Hillary’s song” would sound like.

How soon we forget.

Mark1971 on July 18, 2014 at 3:58 PM

YES WE CAN.

1:20 to 1:31 – the beautiful Scarlett Johansson One of President Obama’s biggest supporters.

Ned Pepper on July 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM

More dopey infighting. I like it.

Ned Pepper on July 18, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM

She’s so far left she makes Hillary look moderate. This should be fun.

cat_owner on July 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM

THAT IS their plan, make Killery look like a cute little church lady who bakes cookies for poor people … like her !
Warren will be the hard core marxist taking all the heat by acting like a zealot leninite ,
while the wahabi alinskyite will be imaged as a patriotic Christian lady.

burrata on July 18, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Yea but do they have to put their entire manifesto to music with an inane refrain?

I shudder to think what “Hillary’s song” would sound like.

Among the possibilities listed by MTV is “99 Problems” by Jay-Z

I’d say that is low once you get past the idea that the next President has to have a birth canal. The current one only had to be black- how has that worked out?

Happy Nomad on July 18, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Zakaria is a plagiarist? I just thought he was an idiot.

Adjoran on July 18, 2014 at 3:56 PM

The link is from their leftist source too.

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 4:02 PM

jake-the-goose on July 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Anything you say Ramsies.

celtic warrior on July 18, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Oh man that ‘song’ made my skin crawl. I want to hear a song with lots of drumming and a couple of war whoops.

maryo on July 18, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Chief Squatting Bull.

VorDaj on July 18, 2014 at 4:02 PM

So Ned Pepper LOVES HAVING A KING AS his leader telling him what to eat, how to live his life, and what to say. Ned Pepper must be really dumb if he can’t live his life without a king telling him how to live it 24/7.

BroncosRock on July 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I shudder to think what “Hillary’s song” would sound like. The imperial march?

That would actually be pretty awesome.

Sockpuppet Politic on July 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM

burrata on July 18, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Split screen. Killary with that reset button and the downed 777. Killary lying her ass off about Benghazi with the burning building. Killary signing meaningful foreign policy agreements and snow (since she didn’t do any of that).

Happy Nomad on July 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Warrenhonta/Booker

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Zakaria has an excuse for plagiarism.

He copied off of plagiarizer / PBS shill Doris Kearns Goodwin who stole it from Joe Biden who stole it from Neil Kinnock.

viking01 on July 18, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Check out this site…

Plenty juicy deets on Warren.

dforston on July 18, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I shudder to think what “Hillary’s song” would sound like. The imperial march?

Either “Pomp and Circumstance” or “Ride of the Valkyries.”

Mark1971 on July 18, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Heh, I can’t even remember that one, much less recall that I’d forgotten it.

MisterElephant on July 18, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Chief Squatting Saying Bull.

VorDaj on July 18, 2014 at 4:02 PM

FIFY

dforston on July 18, 2014 at 4:05 PM

The mindless chants of brain-dead drones.

yes we can
yes we can
yes we can

LOL LOL LOL

HumpBot Salvation on July 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM

I thought it was hollow and ridiculous then too.

307wolverine on July 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM

That would actually be pretty awesome.

Sockpuppet Politic on July 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM

It would also be hypocritical for HA to ever use it what with the ban on a certain Star Wars character because somebody objected to the comparison with the First Yeti.

Happy Nomad on July 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM

“On the shores of Massa Chussie,
Of the shining Big-Sea-Water,
Stood Elizacomis, the old woman,
Pointing with her finger leftward,
O’er the water pointing leftward,
To the red clouds of communism.”

with thanks to Longfellow.

maryo on July 18, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Left wing lunatics are always looking for a false idol to worship…

mnjg on July 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I think this theme might be more appropriate.

Link

Happy Nomad on July 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Obama’s going to do it,
Obama’s going to change the world

El_Terrible on July 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

with thanks to Longfellow.

maryo on July 18, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Yeah, Longfellow was thinking of the political parody possibilities when he wrote that. ;0

Happy Nomad on July 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM

She fills up my senses like a night in the forest. The Petrified Forest.

cbenoistd on July 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM

while the wahabi alinskyite will be imaged as a patriotic Christian lady.

burrata on July 18, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Good point, but Warren is NUTS. I have no doubt she thinks she’s the reincarnation of Marx himself and believes she’ll be the one to finally get Marxism right.

She is downright dangerous.

darwin on July 18, 2014 at 4:13 PM

If we complain about the crappy job President Warren is doing they’ll just say it’s because we hate squaws.

NoDonkey on July 18, 2014 at 4:13 PM

It’s like the return of OWS. Damn these progressives are juvenile.

BKeyser on July 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Leftists are mentally unstable humans… There is no doubt about it…

mnjg on July 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Left wing lunatics are always looking for a false idol to worship…

mnjg on July 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

This!!!
These people are beyond creepy in their need for a human god-figure to worship.
And don’t you question their all too flesh and blood god–you RACIISSSSSST!

Doc Holliday on July 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Split screen. Killary with that reset button and the downed 777.

Happy Nomad on July 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Killery with that button and the piece of shia Hussein’s promis to Putin to be more flexible ,
is that why Hussein is sounding so weak commenting about the MH#17 shoot down ?

burrata on July 18, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Happy Nomad on July 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM

That mysterious Star Wars character better be Jabba the Hutt.

Rix on July 18, 2014 at 4:16 PM

I pressed my father’s hand and told him I would protect his grave from this loco paleface woman with my life. My father smiled and passed away to the spirit land.

Hinmahtooyahlatkek on July 18, 2014 at 4:16 PM

LIARS AND SH*TBAGS UNITE!!!

This means you NED.

ToddPA on July 18, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Leftists are mentally unstable humans… There is no doubt about it…

mnjg on July 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Some are absolutely consumed with a lust for power, some for money … some are just plain evil.

History is littered with examples. Or, we could just look at our current government.

darwin on July 18, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I love that you post her speeches. The woman is amazing. Every single thing she said in that speech was true. You just can’t deal.

libfreeordie on July 16, 2014 at 1:39 AM

When a Marxist like libfree approves, you know you’re talking about someone very dangerous.

DisneyFan on July 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM

1/32 Cherokee people…
1/32 Cherokee tri-hiibe..
So proud to live…
so proud to lie…

fortcoins on July 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM

libfreeordie on July 16, 2014 at 1:39 AM

So that’s why Drugde is posting earthquake warnings! The tingles…

Rix on July 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM

There’s no doubt in my mind that the Republican candidate is going to face Elizabeth Warren in 2016. No doubt….

AcronisF on July 18, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Just what we need, another leftist Harvard lounge lizard for another 4 possibly 8 more years.Hasn’t America had enough of this lot of morons already? Just looking at the picture makes we wanna puke.

jeffinsjvca on July 18, 2014 at 4:23 PM

DisneyFan on July 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I’ve always viewed Warren as dangerous because she’s flippin’ NUTS. She actually believes the stuff she says then forgets about it when she goes back to her multi-million dollar home financed mostly with paychecks from taxpayers.

darwin on July 18, 2014 at 4:24 PM

The idea that any of these people can just write off the whole ‘lying about my heritage thing to get a job’ like it didn’t happen is just pathetic.

Try and rationalize it all you want, she lied, got caught, and then lied about it again….

But of course you will probably get a bunch of them saying ‘So what?’.

Which would kind of be refreshing in a way..At least you know just how completely fu(*ed up they really are.

BigWyo on July 18, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Reintroducing Horst Wessel Leid?

Athos on July 18, 2014 at 4:26 PM

melle1228 on July 18, 2014 at 3:40 PM

If I had to pick between Hillary and Warren, I am going to Belize.

TarheelBen on July 18, 2014 at 4:26 PM

The perfect Warren campaign song

Gohawgs on July 18, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Jeebus, look at all the beta dudes in that pic, like the cast of Dreamcoat got together to hold a rally.

Bishop on July 18, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I really hope in 2016 it will be Elizabeth vs Cruz or a Elizabeth vs Walker, cause those two will kick the living behind out of Elizabeth in debates. They will point out the fact THE WORKING CLASS AND THE RICH PAY FOR THE ROADS to be built and a lot of the roads are built by companies like the company my cousin owns who his dad used to own before he retires. His company built YELLOWSTONE Park’s roads and several others parks’ roads

BroncosRock on July 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM

She should just use this song. Never gets old!

Del Dolemonte on July 18, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Ho Chi Minh had high cheekbones too. Just sayin’

StubbornGreenBurros on July 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM

These people aren’t actually SERIOUS about this Liz Warren thing, are they?

I mean … really? For real? Seriously?

From Ronald Reagan to this … in one generation?

I’m just having trouble taking this one seriously. It’s just too goofy. People would vote for her?

Maybe I give people too much credit.

Professor Blather on July 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM

jeffinsjvca on July 18, 2014 at 4:23 PM

People SAY they’re sick of the Ivory Tower Harvard Law-Degree Career Politician types, but when push comes to shove in the primaries, they always end up voting for them in the end, when they get cold feet about picking someone from outside the Harvard Inner Circle.

The American People always allow themselves to get suckered into picking another Harvard Lawyer Class hack.

HikaruKitsune on July 18, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Warren always looks like she can’t quite figure out what someone is asking her, as if she’s just not quite sure of what to say; it’s that weird half-grin.

Bishop on July 18, 2014 at 4:38 PM

So we think the dems are going to have a choice between a pretend Indian and a pretend woman?

maryo on July 18, 2014 at 4:43 PM

libfreeordie on July 16, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Yeah, she’s amazing alright…so amazing, she makes Caroline
Kennedy come across as a Rhodes Scholar…”you know”?

ToddPA on July 18, 2014 at 4:46 PM

She running and she will defeat the HILL. The HILL is out of step with the dem base. Its going to be fun to watch.

Rook on July 18, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Jack_Burton on July 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Exactly! That kind of stupidity is how we got Obama for two terms. And as near as I can tell, there are just as many abjectly stupid people now as there were for those two elections.

JeffPBlues on July 18, 2014 at 4:47 PM

HikaruKitsune on July 18, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Except Warren never attended Harvard. She just taught Wigwam Maintenance there.

TarheelBen on July 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Oh lookie, libfree is back with comments even more inane than usual.

maryo on July 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Plenty juicy deets on Warren.

dforston on July 18, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Holy Jesus!!! AWESOME!!

Some one’s really got it out for that nasty old bit(h…

There’s a lot of work put into that …..Hillary???

Oh, and NICE!!!

BigWyo on July 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I shudder to think what “Hillary’s song” would sound like. The imperial march?

GMTA, Allah…it’s imperial, majestic yet has undertones of menace…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I thought her theme song was “Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation Indian)” by Paul Revere & the Raiders.

albill on July 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Somebody actually sat down and wrote that crap. Then recorded it. And is PROUD of it. Proof right there that leftists are about as bright as a bag of rocks.

tyketto on July 18, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Bring it on, get this hypocrite dummy in the Big House and watch the leftie dreams come true.

The only bummer would be the trains heading east, a lot of noise for those people who live near the tracks.

Bishop on July 18, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Just to be clear: Warren is not really Harvard material from an intellectual standpoint. Her undergrad degree is in speech pathology from the University of Houston and her law degree is from Rutgers, which is ranked down in the 80s for law schoools. She married a Harvard Law prof in 1980 which, in addition to the Fauxcohontas stuff, helped her future significantly. She’s a flaming, dangerous leftist, but she is not a thinker.

DisneyFan on July 18, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Big Squaw Running Mouth’s “Run Liz Run” song sounds like it was written and performed by the same doofuses that wrote those creepy “Cover Oregon” commercials…

glcinpdx on July 18, 2014 at 5:01 PM