Video: The lady ninja

posted at 2:41 pm on July 16, 2014 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, watching this makes me feel like half a man. Not because I’m a candy-ass beta male who couldn’t complete the course, although I am and I couldn’t. It’s because I’d never heard of “American Ninja Warrior” until today. I’ve spent years boring myself with “The Walking Dead” when I could have been bro-ing out, watching people running up walls?

How did this blind spot happen? Why wasn’t I aggressively marketed to?

The clip is postworthy because Catanzaro’s the first woman to complete this course and qualify for the show’s final “Mt. Midoriyama” challenge in Vegas. Her agility isn’t surprising — she’s a trained gymnast — but some of the upper-body endurance tasks are grueling. Stick with it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Awesome, totally awesome.

But….how did Julia do this without nanny gov’t help?

It’s just not possible…and without federally funded birth control too!

Obama must be livid.

Look for an audit soon girl.

Diluculo on July 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

All women should look like this.

Ted Torgerson on July 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Ted Torgerson on July 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

cozmo on July 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM

And…?

allstonian on July 17, 2014 at 12:45 AM

All women should look like this.

Ted Torgerson on July 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Just be glad they all can’t run away like that.

V7_Sport on July 17, 2014 at 12:54 AM

OMG. I watched this on Monday night, and it was AWESOME!!! She was one of only 7 (I think) people to complete the course out of 30 (Again, I think. The memory’s not too great these days). The girl’s only 5′ tall! Some of these things were challenging, and defeating, for men who were a lot taller than that. Her endurance was incredible also. I was impressed and inspired!

Cheshire_Kat on July 17, 2014 at 5:07 AM

I watch ANW from time to time, especially during its rerun marathons towards the end of the season to get viewers caught up for the finals to come. Haven’t watched much this season though.

Back in the day when the Japanese version with English dubbing was the only thing going, I wasn’t much of a fan because the show was more parody than athletic event due to the humorous English commentary.

I’ve seen Kacy before and she’s been a good competitor. I’m pleased she made it through this year to Midoriyama. Her performance is incredible.

Vatican Watcher on July 17, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah…now IRON MY SHIRT!!!

I’m kidding, I’m kidding!
Well played, and without government assistance.

Prop Gun on July 17, 2014 at 2:09 PM