Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on July 16, 2014 by Allahpundit

Jose Antonio Vargas trumpeted that he was an undocumented immigrant for years. But authorities never apprehended him.

Until now.

On Tuesday, U.S. Border Patrol agents detained the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist-turned-activist in McAllen, Texas, after he told them he was in the country illegally, officials said.

He was released on his own recognizance with a notice to appear before an immigration judge, the Department of Homeland Security said in a statement…

“I want to thank everyone who stands by me and the undocumented immigrants of south Texas and across the country,” he said. “Our daily lives are filled with fear in simple acts such as getting on an airplane to go home to our family.”

***

“What do you want to do with me?”

What do you want to do with us?

How do you define American?”

On behalf of 11 million undocumented immigrants like me — many of us Americans in all but papers — I asked those questions to the Senate Judiciary Committee in February 2013, nearly two years after I publicly outed myself as an undocumented immigrant in The New York Times Magazine.

Against the advice of lawyers, I wrote, in detail, what I had to do to live and survive in America: hide in plain sight as I worked as a journalist for more than a decade; lie on government forms to get jobs while paying taxes and contributing to Social Security (undocumented workers provide billions in both); grow estranged from my mother in the Philippines who put me on a plane to the United States in 1993. In outing myself, I risked everything and prepared myself for anything.

***

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio called for Vargas’ immediate release after his detention, saying he stood “in solidarity” with the writer and that his detention “shows how our immigrant enforcement agencies are failing to use their discretion and detaining longtime immigrants who do not pose a threat to our security.”

Supporters who carried signs demanding Vargas’ release said his detention felt symbolic for many of them.

“Jose Antonio Vargas has lived the struggle so many of us here have lived. At the end of the day, we’re all connected. We’re all dreamers,” said Roxana Menchaca, 21, a senior at a nearby university and a U.S. citizen, born to undocumented parents, who grew up on both sides of the border…

[T]hanks to loopholes in immigration security, he has been able to travel the country, using his passport from the Philippines. Last week, he headed to the heart of the border crisis in the Rio Grande Valley, ostensibly to highlight the plight of unaccompanied immigrant children.

***

I do not have a single U.S. government-issued ID. Like most of our country’s 11 million undocumented immigrants, I do not have a driver’s license—not yet, at least. (Recently, California and Washington, D.C., passed laws granting licenses to their undocumented residents. Though New York City will start issuing municipal IDs to its undocumented population, the state of New York, where I currently live, does not issue driver’s licenses.) Identification aside, since outing myself in the New York Times Magazine in June 2011, and writing a cover story for TIME a year later, I’ve been the most privileged undocumented immigrant in the country. The visibility, frankly, has protected me. While hundreds of thousands of immigrants have been detained and deported in the past three years, I produced and directed a documentary film, “Documented,” which was shown in theaters and aired on CNN less than two weeks ago. I founded a media and culture campaign, Define American, to elevate how we talk about immigration and citizenship in a changing America. And I’ve been traveling non-stop for three years, visiting more than 40 states.

Of course, I can only travel within the United States and, for identification, when I fly I use a valid passport that was issued by my native country, the Philippines. But each flight is a gamble. My passport lacks a visa. If TSA agents discover this, they can contact CBP, which, in turn, can detain me. But so far, I haven’t had any problems, either because I look the way I do (“You’re not brown and you don’t look like a Jose Antonio Vargas,” an immigration advocate once told me), or talk the way I do—or because, as a security agent at John F. Kennedy International Airport who recognized me said without a hint of irony, “You seem so American.”

***

The lesson Vargas feels Americans should take away from his situation is that the border is secure, despite the crisis caused by tens of thousands of Central Americans now entering the United States. “#BORDERISSECURE — Wish I could scream that out loud,” Vargas wrote Saturday night as he linked to a Huffington Post report on his predicament.

There have been at least 57,000 illegal immigrants who have crossed the border since October of last year, and another 150,000 are estimated to do so next year. The number of illegal immigrant children flooding across the border spiked just after President Barack Obama enacted his temporary amnesty program for certain DREAMers in 2012, and many migrants interviewed said they made the journey to America believing they would be able to indefinitely remain in the United States – like Vargas has been able to – if they made it across the border.

***

Could one not make a case here that, were Vargas to enjoy the American protections he claims as his right, he has little choice but to do what he has done with his employment forms, his driving license, and so forth, and just flagrantly break the law? Maybe he could buy a gun in a state without background checks on private sales (this would be spectacularly illegal). Maybe he could pick one up on a street corner. And then he could carry it without permission. Not because he’s a lawbreaker, you understand, but because he has no choice. Because the original offense cancels out the others. Because he’s an “undocumented American,” and his rights are at stake. Sure, progressives have spent the last two decades attempting to increase the bureaucracy around the Second Amendment, not diminishing it. Sure, the Left devoutly hopes to force all 50 states to apply the federal background check system to all private transfers, too. Sure, it lauds those states in which this rule already obtains. Sure, it argues routinely that America is in desperate need of a system that makes sure that only those who are eligible are buying guns. But this is different — a loophole, if you will. We should just let it go.

Let’s go one stage further. What if our newly heat-packing Jose Antonio Vargas were stopped by police for driving with headphones on, but this time had a gun on his hip? What should we expect from this situation? Would the officer be required just to let him go? And if not, why not? We hear incessantly that any gun-control law passed in order to ensure public safety has to be applied to everyone or it is next to useless. Is that true or is it not? After all, the Left is so upset that America’s “gun safety” rules are a patchwork quilt precisely because it believes that any holes in the system render that system useless. Does this ideal not apply because we know that Jose Antonio Vargas doesn’t mean any harm? Indeed, should we expect the Left to rally around defending Jose’s gun from the rules? Or we would hope that the laws on the books would be enforced lest the very principle of them be turned into a joke?

***

The most recent scofflaw to rise to national prominence was not a progressive hero such as Vargas, but a rancher named Cliven Bundy, whose fight against the Bureau of Land Management became a brief cause célèbre on the Right. Bundy’s story was sympathetic and his philosophical case was strong, but I pushed back against him nevertheless. Why? Well, because legally he didn’t have a leg to stand on, and because there is nothing in the social compact that permits individuals to secede from the established order if it is not to their liking…

Watching the reactions to Vargas’s arrest, however, I am beginning to wonder if the progressive support for the rule of law was purely expedient. Alarmingly, many of those who endorsed my approach to the Bundy case seem to have rushed to Vargas’s side. Are we to take from this that America’s laws should be applied only to those we dislike? And if we are not, what precisely is the operating standard? Everyone, after all, can find a reason why their case is different. That’s why we write down the rules.

Once again, let us remember what happened here: This was not a matter of “priorities” or of “discretion.” ICE did not perform a midnight no-knock raid on Vargas’s apartment and actively remove him from America. Instead, a famous man elected to put himself in a position in which he was asked for papers that he does not possess. At one level, I really do feel sorry for him. But I do not feel sorry enough that I am willing to bless the wanton disregard of the rules. Celebrity or no celebrity, sympathy or no sympathy, this is a nation of laws and not of men. That goes for people the cool kids cherish, too.

***

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 9

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:07 AM

4Grace!:) Good evening. :)

Wonderful to see you.

Excellent advice, too. :)

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM

One Floor to go:

War in Afghanistan
Afghanistan

6m
Afghan police say a 3rd insurgent has been killed and the 4th floor of a building attackers occupied has been cleared; 1 more floor to go – @TOLOnews
see original on twitter.com
===========================

Kabul International Airport, Kabul, Kabul, AF
19m
Taliban claiming responsibility for the attack at the Kabul Airport; meanwhile Interior ministry tells @BBC no rockets have landed inside the airport – @BBCKarenAllen
see original on twitter.com
============================

Afghanistan
1h
Afghan general on insurgent attack at Kabul airport: ‘The situation will be brought under control before long’ – @AFP
Read more on yahoo.com

canopfor on July 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM

cat_owner on July 16, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Good news! I hadn’t heard it, but I heard an ad on a local talk radio show with that jackass Mike Huckabee spewing how conservative Lamar is and how much we need him in the Senate while driving home this afternoon. *spit*

pannw on July 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM

And as far as I recollect, we have never communicated, so “We had exchanges here” is a rather bizarre statement–I haven’t the foggiest who you are.

Doc Holliday on July 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Well don’t loose the scissors in the patient fool. You in your stupor offered to “chew my kneecaps off”, fairly humorous coming from a hateful lowlife, who most likely is a hospital orderly

kenny on July 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Doc, Kenny’s your Huckleberry.

davidk on July 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM

kenny on July 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Oh goody!
We have a new troll …

(… you can tell by the complete ignorance of WHO visits QOTD in a congenial mood most days.)

PolAgnostic on July 17, 2014 at 12:11 AM

kenny on July 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Yer a jackazz…

OmahaConservative on July 17, 2014 at 12:11 AM

lol! Tell you what.. we’ll parcel it out on several signs and we’ll stand close together… right in front of the buses. ;)

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Good plan.

crankyoldlady on July 17, 2014 at 12:11 AM

“How can you send them back?”

Ummm… By bus?

shorebird on July 17, 2014 at 12:08 AM

C-47 aircraft and lots of WWII parachutes.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

predator on July 17, 2014 at 12:12 AM

kenny on July 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM

How’s it hanging Mr. Happy?

arnold ziffel on July 17, 2014 at 12:12 AM

“What do you want to do with me?”

What do you want to do with us?

How do you define American?”

I want to sit on your couch, in your house, and eat all your fruit loops.

Go the f*ck home and do it the right way.

An American is one who is born and legally resides in the United States, born to legal American parents, or those who do the paperwork and pay the fees to become an American citizen.
Not slither in and expect everyone to look the other way, not enforce the law, or worse, expect us to pay your way.

Now, watch this……..

HornetSting on July 17, 2014 at 12:12 AM

You are the one I need to see! *Smooch!*

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Haha! While I accept and appreciate the sentiment and the smooch, I’ve seen you in action, Mr. Smooth Moves. ;)

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:12 AM

pannw on July 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Let me *spit* with you, please. =)

non-nonpartisan on July 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Hello Jackie! You and Grace. If only B9…

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

kenny on July 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM

I doubt that Doc would chew them off, but I’m sure he could remove them surgically.

Or with pistols.

davidk on July 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

arnold ziffel on July 17, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Not well. Looks like he’s running with scissors.

Good evening, Arnold. :)

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

This country is done. I hate to be a fatalist, but we have elected our doom.

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Yep. Suicide By Indonesian in 2008. 2012 was just to make sure the USA was dead and the A.S.S. was here to stay … which, sadly, it is.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Steppenwolf – Magic Carpet Ride

RickB on July 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Question for Doc Orderly. Do kneecaps repair soon enough for your foolishness to fruit?

kenny on June 18, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:14 AM

hippocratic oath has nothing to do with talking to people on the internet. Nor do I write prescriptions for people or do anything but chat about possible treatment for their ailments, which is again, in no way related to the Hippocratic oath, which basically is a promise not to hurt people. I’m not sure what you “give exception to,” nor do I care. And as far as I recollect, we have never communicated, so “We had exchanges here” is a rather bizarre statement–I haven’t the foggiest who

you are. Doc Holliday on July 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM.

Hey Doc,, my oxy script is running low.

Can I get another hotair refill?

I have never seen you do what he accuses you of either.

Ignore it, is my suggestion.

wolly4321 on July 17, 2014 at 12:14 AM

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Good evening, handsome:)

I can’t do anything about that… but two out of three ain’t bad. ;)

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:14 AM

We could just blame it on the joooos…

Galtian on July 17, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Oh goody! We have a new troll …

PolAgnostic on July 17, 2014 at 12:11 AM

kenny the troll can’t stir the pot if no one lets him.

non-nonpartisan on July 17, 2014 at 12:14 AM

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM

*waves* And a pleasure to see you, too. I hope you are well.

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:15 AM

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:12 AM

It is always a treat to see you. It always brightens my day, and you know that is true.

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Dude, Schad! I’m impressed.

davidk on July 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM

My gosh, it’s Hornet’s stalker

HornetSting on June 18, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Who do you think you are

kenny on June 18, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Yes, that’s the right attitude. Only say that IF any MSM cover the story, it will definitely be with a leftist slant.

But then, we are used to that.

cat_owner on July 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Sometimes I too bugger bees so?

kenny on June 18, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Or with pistols.

davidk on July 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I’ve taught women for forty years to kick the side of the knee if they have room to maneuver.

I don’t care who he is or how tough he is … you dislocate a knee, HE won’t be getting back up on his feet.

Self Defense Tip of the Day – check.

PolAgnostic on July 17, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I can’t do anything about that… but two out of three ain’t bad. ;)

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Smooch!

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

What do you want?

HornetSting on June 18, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Stalker?

KCB on June 18, 2014 at 1:11 AM

I’m thinking yes. Drunk one too.

HornetSting on June 18, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Self Defense Tip of the Day – check.

PolAgnostic on July 17, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Inside or outside?

crankyoldlady on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:15 AM

lol! Tolerable, 4Grace, tolerable well. :)

I hope you and yours are well and happy. :)

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

My gosh, it’s Hornet’s stalker

HornetSting on June 18, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Who do you think you are

kenny on June 18, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Yes, Schad. I finally got a chance to sit down and check out what was going on.
And, who do I see? Certifiable…

So, is anyone else watching Tyrant on FX? We just binge watched five episodes.

HornetSting on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Not well. Looks like he’s running with scissors.

Good evening, Arnold. :)

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

hijack. :) Melon head surfaced a couple years ago, caused some trouble and then disappeared. Apparently anger management did not work well.

arnold ziffel on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Thank you. Sincerely. :)

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Here is where I am gonna be, on my birthday:

Lawton OK, On the Overpass on I-44 & Rogers Lane, Saturday, July 19, 11:00 am-4:00pm. This protest will take place on the Overpass.

Good evening everyone :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Kenny when he was young found out the hard way tongue depressors aren’t round.

wolly4321 on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

kenny on June 18, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

What do you want?

HornetSting on June 18, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Stalker?

KCB on June 18, 2014 at 1:11 AM

I’m thinking yes. Drunk one too.

HornetSting on June 18, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

I remember! Hi guys!

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

I knew you’d understand the reference, my friend. Well played. :)

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I have the coolest friends. I’m all working and get a bulletin:

“4Grace, QOTD”

And there she is.

No hat.

Axe on July 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Thank you. Sincerely. :)

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Truth.

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM

As for trolls, you guys let me know if you want someone ‘disappeared’ and I’ll make it happen.

Resist We Much on June 17, 2014 at 11:12 PM

davidk on July 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM

@Parm:

Breaking news: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2694710/Kate-Upton-reveals-tan-lines-HUGE-cleavage-boyfriend-Justin-Verlander-Mexico.html

Axe on July 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Evening, Axe!
Yeppers, those are some HUGE tan lines!

FYI, I was slandering your good name back on page 1.

PolAgnostic on July 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I adore you Scrumpy. So does my friend SP.

Parmenides on July 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM

kenny on July 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM

…we got a new one?…that chews on his own polyps when his head is in his anal cavity?

JugEarsButtHurt on July 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Happy birthday in advance. A lot of them seem to be on overpasses. Visibility to traffic?

crankyoldlady on July 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Here is where I am gonna be, on my birthday:

Good evening everyone :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I wish I could send you cupcakes. My husband said he wouldn’t bail me out of jail because I would have the car! Lmao!

HornetSting on July 17, 2014 at 12:21 AM

If you aren’t drunk, get some help. If you are drunk, get some sleep.

KCB on June 18, 2014 at 1:56 AM
Cuty pie mind your own business

kenny on June 18, 2014 at 1:58 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Good evening everyone :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

…my evening…is complete!

JugEarsButtHurt on July 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Spritely One! Good evening. :) It’s such a pleasure to see you. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS SATURDAY! AND MANY RETURNS OF THE DAY!

( The happy birthday retuning, not the protest… we’re hoping the law will be enforced fully at last and there will be no more need.:))

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Parmenides on July 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM

You are adored {{hugs}} :D

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I am despairing. The end game ain’t looking good.

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM

lol! Tolerable, 4Grace, tolerable well. :)

I hope you and yours are well and happy. :)

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Welllll, that will not do, Jackie. I will pray that your “tolerable” becomes “fantastic.”

All is well around these parts. Just trying to keep up with life in general, and life with a teenager in particular. :)

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM

What is the grand motive for having these kids come here? I understand Obama’s angle–he thinks he is getting in good with the Hispanic voters. But these little central American Countries have another motive–they are hoping these kids will increase the flow of money back to the home country from the families that take them in–this is taxation by illegal immigration, or redistribution of American Wealth to poor countries.

Doc Holliday on July 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Gee… sounds familiar… sort of ‘frank’, isn’t he.

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM

crankyoldlady on July 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Absolutely! I 44 is highly visible :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Shuffle off in shame. Go sip on a big jug of cold water, or pour it over your head. Then come back.

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:08 AM

There was a time you seemed intelligent. But now merely a quasi-Nietzchean and a general poseur with no life but the internet

kenny on July 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM

What do you want?

HornetSting on June 18, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Stalker?

KCB on June 18, 2014 at 1:11 AM

I’m thinking yes. Drunk one too.

HornetSting on June 18, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

I remember! Hi guys!

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Hi Ken!

HornetSting on July 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Axe on July 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Golly, those Johnnies are out of control. They need to be roped in place. I got rope.

h/T Ronaldus Waximus Mountblanc (<— Axes pen name RWM)

Parmenides on July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Let me *spit* with you, please. =)

non-nonpartisan on July 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

By all means, please, be my guest!

pannw on July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Tears

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Good evening, Ms. Scrumpy, and good for you!

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

HornetSting on July 17, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Ohhhhh cupcakes!! make mine vanilla ;)

He would, cuz he couldn’t live with himself if he didn’t I bet!! :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

PolAgnostic on July 17, 2014 at 12:17 AM

(In my best Ron White impression.) Yes, sir.

davidk on July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

pannw on July 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Huckabee is a very decent man, and I love his commitment to pro life issues, but he’s establishment through and through.

Why don’t these guys think it may be time for new blood? Even if Alexander was a reliable conservative…. it’s time for him to go.

And it’s WAY past time for Roberts. I just haven’t seen any polls on that race, but Milton claims his internal polling is looking good.

Praying Joe and Milton both win.

cat_owner on July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I knew it. AS soon as Scrumpy appears Ken is not far behind.

Anyhow I got booty polish for Scrumpy to make her moon shine.

Parmenides on July 17, 2014 at 12:25 AM

HornetSting on July 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM

*Smooch!*

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:25 AM

JugEarsButtHurt on July 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM

So good to see you too my friend :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Dobie gray- drift away

RickB on July 17, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Scrump!

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM

HornetSting on July 17, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Ohhhhh cupcakes!! make mine vanilla ;)

He would, cuz he couldn’t live with himself if he didn’t I bet!! :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

My favorite too! I use the Sprinkle’s Vanilla Peppermint Cupcake recipe on google. I just ditch the peppermint.
Absolute heaven.

HornetSting on July 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM

RickB on July 17, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Skillz.

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM

[sets out "We Reserve The Right To Serve Whomever We Dang Well Please, DAMMIT!!" signage...activates wireless drink stations and drone delivery service...usual caveats apply...sends out first round of Whatchudrinkin's in Brand-Spankin'-New Double Whatchudrinkin' glasses...enters under "Old Home Night"...]

Newtie and the Beauty on July 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Axe on July 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM

rofl…A bulletin??

Howdy, Axe. Always happy to see you.

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Newtie and giddyup and line holder, I got booty polish for you too since you are hawt tuna and not chopped liver.

Parmenides on July 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM

As always, so very nice to see you also!!

Thank You!! :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Only kenny made a comment about kneecaps…not Doc Holliday.

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Hi Scrumpy

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on July 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Bartender! Good to see you. I’ll have a double…

Doc Holliday on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

By all means, please, be my guest!

pannw on July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Thank you! *double spit*

I’m so tired of the GOPe and its enablers.

non-nonpartisan on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

A lovely good evening to you too!! :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

kenny on July 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM

FLAGGED!!

Newtie and the Beauty on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Same old topic. Yawn!

tommy71 on July 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

You’re very welcome, and I’m just delighted to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

(((HUGS)))

Newtie and the Beauty on July 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM

KCB on July 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Kennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! How’s the kilt? ;D

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Howdy, Axe. Always happy to see you.

4Grace on July 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM

He is the author formerly known as Axe ever since he took a new Pen name. He didn’t like BIC, so Mr. Smarty Pants took MountBlanc instead to impress Sophie.

Parmenides on July 17, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Deal Creates Pathway for NAFTA Train

A Map of Obama’s Ambition- today Honduras, El Salvador, Guatamala, tomorrow Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama… and then… Colombia, Ecuador, and… VENEZUELA…

thatsafactjack on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Now that’s interesting…old article but still interesting.

Doc Holliday on July 17, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Schadenfreude on July 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Hello Schad!! Thanks for the list, I am gonna be there!! :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Inside or outside?

crankyoldlady on July 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Outside. A sweeping kick up from the floor with the top of your foot (not your toes, preferably not your ankle either) against the outside of the knee will cause it to buckle because it doesn’t take a lot of force or accuracy – and it’s hard to block.

My daughter is an … advanced student. She put a goofing around moron down on the floor with one of arm twists I taught her and didn’t let him up till he agreed to “behave”.

Five minutes later, the moron decides she was just lucky … and she did the EXACT same thing again.

Fortunately for him, she doesn’t bear grudges.

You’ve head the old saying, “Never piss off someone who can kill you from the next zip code.” ?

PolAgnostic on July 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on July 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM

That’s so nice!! {{hugs}} :)

Scrumpy on July 17, 2014 at 12:31 AM

hat is the grand motive for having these kids come here? I understand Obama’s angle–he thinks he is getting in good with the Hispanic voters. But these little central American Countries have another motive–they are hoping these kids will increase the flow of money back to the home country from the families that take them in–this is taxation by illegal immigration, or redistribution of American Wealth to poor countries. Doc Holliday on July 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM

You are familiar with cloward/piven correct?

You gotta break it before you can fix it.

If you ever had any doubts about it, they should be long gone now.

It’s in your face. Even in your profession.

Break it,, then fix it. In their model.

wolly4321 on July 17, 2014 at 12:31 AM

It’s nice to see some familiar faces have returned! Gracie, Scrumpy and others!

Newtie and the Beauty on July 17, 2014 at 12:31 AM