Archie to be shot dead while saving gay best friend who called for gun control

posted at 2:01 pm on July 14, 2014 by Allahpundit

My thoughts exactly:

We should have known. There’s campy, there’s John Waters campy, and then there’s wearing a crown to school every day.

No, actually, the gay friend here is Kevin Keller, whom they introduced back in 2010 and then married off in 2012 in the first “Archie” gay wedding. Having re-written the “boy torn between two girls” storyline eight thousand times in the past 75 years, the writers wanted something more “impactful,” to borrow an atrocious word favored by the company’s CEO. That’s understandable, but … they work for Archie comics. They’re not “impactful,” by definition. Sticking Archie Andrews in the middle of an assassination narrative is like redoing “Goofus and Gallant” so that Goofus is a meth head. When you lose the innocence, you lose part of the charm.

Coming next month to “Archie”: Betty’s forced to scrape together eight bucks for birth control when her boss cuts off coverage after the Hobby Lobby ruling.

In “Life with Archie,” Keller is a married military veteran and newly elected senator who’s pushing for more gun control in Riverdale after his husband was involved in a shooting.

“We wanted to do something that was impactful that would really resonate with the world and bring home just how important Archie is to everyone,” said Goldwater. “That’s how we came up with the storyline of saving Kevin. He could have saved Betty. He could have saved Veronica. We get that, but metaphorically, by saving Kevin, a new Riverdale is born.”…

“Archie is not a superhero like all the rest of the comic book characters,” said Goldwater. “He’s human. He’s a person. When you wound him, he bleeds. He knows that. If anything, I think his death is more impactful because of that. We hope by showing how something so violent can happen to Archie, that we can — in some way — learn from him.”

I kinda like that they decided to kitchen-sink the “impactfulness” by making the story about gun control and about Archie’s respect for his gay friend. One or the other would have sufficed for buzz; either some random character dies in a shooting or Archie somehow dies protecting Keller. Instead, they’re grabbing hot topics by the fistful and flinging them at the wall. I wish, frankly, they would have gone way over the top and added a few more — the shooter, enraged by Israel’s actions in Gaza, is apprehended by Riverdale’s newest resident, a handsome illegal immigrant from Guatemala named Jose. Why be impactful when you can be the impactfullest?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

If Archie was stepping in to save his friend from a shooting, it stands to reason that Archie had a CCW permit, and was carrying at the time. Otherwise he would be insane to intervene.

So, what kind of gun would Archie be packing?

Being a traditional kind of guy, I think he would favor a nice S&W Chief’s Special in .38 Special.

But I can be persuaded otherwise… What do you think Archie would use for everyday carry?

Haiku Guy on July 14, 2014 at 3:10 PM

…good!…I get Veronica!

JugEarsButtHurt on July 14, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Can someone explain to me why I should care about this? Archie comic books? Really?

Captain Kirock on July 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

As long as he dies. I don’t care about the “how.”

I thought that the “Archie” comics sucked when I was a kid more than 40 years ago. I’m amazed that they are still around.

Spurius Ligustinus on July 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM

LOL – this.

Midas on July 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Otherwise, why would they do it?

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Their cult tells them to destroy it. They don’t care about ‘Archie’. They are killing him.

faraway on July 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Then don’t fight the depiction of women who have abortions and go on about their lives and are fine. Because there are many of them. If you are so confident that it’s simply about people who think murder is wrong, versus people who don’t, then you shouldn’t oppose its depiction because no cultural image could overcome that basic belief.

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Sure, and I’d bet there were people who led fine, guilt-free lives after they participated in lynchings. Amazing what a systematic campaign of dehumanization does to someone’s ethical compass, eh?

Good Solid B-Plus on July 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I’m late for a conference I just organized. Y’all have fun.

rogerb on July 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Agreed. So when does some network have a primetime special showing a live late-term abortion which is really no different than having a cyst removed; I’m thinking “60 Minutes” could devote an entire half hour.

Think of it, abortion could be demystified for all those superstitious retards who think a baby in the womb is anything more than a blob of animate tissue.

Bishop on July 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Give me that old time age of reason
It’s good enough for me

locomotivebreath1901 on July 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Who buys this stuff?

jnelchef on July 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Yeah, because lefties never engage in mendaciously “reframing” the debate on any topic, especially not abortion.

Of course, whenever conservatives push for more in depth and accurate counseling before someone gets an abortion you lefties have a fit about it and rant about some vague “woman’s right” being violated by it. As usual you have things exactly backwards – it’s the left that cant stand to have an honest conversation about this. No, instead it’s PP telling women there is no emotional component to this “medical procedure”.

And of course the whole point of the argument is that it’s not about the woman it’s about the baby. But you want to dodge the real discussion.

.0000000001% of women have a problem getting birth control but if the state can’t force your employer to provide it then #WarOnWomynses!!1!11!!!1!eleventy!!!!. It’s not your bosses business except we want him/her to pay for it!

But some women to deeply regret getting abortions but this you don’t care about. But the .0000000001% of women who can’t somehow get affordable birth control is deeply concerning and a national crisis.

Way to go fascist.

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Allah – I loved that post. You keyed right in on that douchey pseudo intellectual liberal speak.

BoxHead1 on July 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on July 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Bishop on July 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Ha ha ha ha

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM

That was not the comment I was referencing when I asked you if you had ever responded to ajacksonian.

Bmore on July 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM

?

verbaluce on July 14, 2014 at 2:55 PM

A post with a simple question that Verbie can’t or won’t answer…

…even though it’s ‘on topic’….

Athos on July 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM

HA! This is great!
Only in America can liberals be so f’n stupid.

So let me get this straight… Some liberal comic book producer is SO f’n liberal that he is going to KILL … THE MAIN CHARACTER of his comic book just to prove a point (or something)? That’s like George Soros burning 4 BILLION dollar bills because he doesn’t like America…

Why don’t they just kill ALL the characters at once in a mass-murder crazy-shooter incident and get it over with??? What are they going to call the Archie Comics now?

RedManBlueState on July 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:02 PM

So what do you say fascistordie? Can we count the these children as at least 3/5th’s a person?

Or maybe 1/3rd if in the first trimester?

I love it when lefties complain about how people are portrayed. Ha ha ha. You fascists have no shame.

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM

“Bring home just how important Archie is to everyone.” So….not at all?

RblDiver on July 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Bishop on July 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

A first trimester abortion? You’re on. I think folks could handle it. Especially if they also gave a full backstory on the woman, why she was getting an abortion. And followed her for a year afterwards and gave us an update. If we’re going to depict the experience of abortion. Then we need to tell a complete story. Not show a medical procedure.

Of course, humanizing the woman (listen up Good Solid B Plus)who wants to have an abortion what your side can not abide. Because you need to make them into monsters to advance your political agenda. I believe the slogan is “what kind of mother are you to do that?” And other extremely manipulative things given the exalted position of motherhood in our society. Your goal is to break down those women until they don’t feel they can pursue the procedure. It’s no less dehumanizing than imagining a zygote isn’t a real person. And really, a zygote is not a person.

what…?

why did i get out of bed this morning…

Sachiko on July 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I really don’t think the leftist Aesop Anvil Archie’s writers are trying to drop is impactful enough, Allah.

Kevin should have been a transgender gay. A woman stuck in a gay man’s body.

Shame on you, Archie. You didn’t go the full Harvey Milk / the full Matthew Shepard.

BKennedy on July 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM

The moral of this story:

Pack heat, not fudge.

Pork-Chop on July 14, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Worht a re-post.

M240H on July 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Killing me the dyslexia is.

M240H on July 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I didn’t realize Archie was still around…who the hell reads this in the era of “Walking Dead”?!?!?

ladyingray on July 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

And really, a zygote is not a person.

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Just like blacks are only 3/5 of a person.

sentinelrules on July 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Meople on July 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Who buys this stuff?

jnelchef on July 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Liberal colleges.

faraway on July 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM

verbaluce ?

Bmore on July 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

You know, back in the 1850′s they should have had video, and followed the life of a slave with a good master. They could have tracked their progress year over year.

Then they would have seen how kind it was for the master to provide food, shelter, and exercise for this strong, healthy, slave who developed a great work ethic.

Ah, but that would humanize the slave-owner, which is something the abolitionists could not abide.

The slogan is “abortion ends a human life.” Because it does, libfree. And no papering it over or envisioning docudramas to do the same changes the nature of the abomination.

It’s the pro-aborts who leave vulnerable women with the choice to abort or shut their mouths. It’s the libfrees of the world who say “should have had an abortion” to a woman who gives birth but still needs assistance living. Your mouth is forever open but your heart and your capacity for charity forever closed.

BKennedy on July 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Our “dehumanization” has led to a systematic campaign of genocide against women who have abortions? Oh, right, nothing even close to that has happened. How are they “dehumanized,” exactly? Do they lose their jobs? Do they lose the right to vote?

Yes, we want people to “feel they can’t pursue” killing a child. Why are you so incredulous about the sanctity of life?

You were okay with forcing half of this country, at gunpoint if necessary, to respect certain people as fully human, but if we tell the truth about abortion, it’s “dehumanizing” the mothers?

A zygote isn’t a real person. A black isn’t a real person. A jew isn’t a real person. Same song, different lyrics. Good to see progressivism still respects its roots, though; it always has been very fond of eugenics.

Good Solid B-Plus on July 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I await Casper the Friendly Ghost & Richie Rich as the vehicles for anti-racist and anti-1% capitalist messaging. And I will also not read them, like Archie they were lame way back when too.

roy_batty on July 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Didn’t know Archie was still around. I last saw an Archie comic book at YMCA camp when I was 8 years old in 1966. Never could have comic books at home, my father thought they were what people say video games are today, that they made you violent and crazy. I didn’t much care for Archie, I was more of a Sergeant Rock or Batman fan. All I can say is I hope they capped Archie in the head twice, don’t want him coming back and not really being dead in a year from now.

Wallythedog on July 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Why did we have to end slavery? Most slaveowners were perfectly guilt-free about their ownership of other human beings. Apparently that’s all that matters, right?

Good Solid B-Plus on July 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

You really think that the pro-life movement has made lots of ground in the past decades because they have successfully dehumanized mothers who got abortions?

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Apparently you missed the words “late term”, you ignored that unless you believe that somewhere in the pregnancy the mass becomes an actual human being.

Why would it matter when the abortion is, are you under the impression that Americans are too stupid to realize that the glob of tissue being chopped into bits isn’t actually a human being; you really should give us more credit.

Bishop on July 14, 2014 at 3:27 PM

BKennedy on July 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

How dare those abolitionists dehumanize perfectly moral slaveowners for their nefarious political purposes.

Good Solid B-Plus on July 14, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Maybe Archie wouldn’t have been shot if he were packing heat.

NotCoach on July 14, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Athos on July 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Lolz! Thank you very much. Had I seen your comment first I would have saved myself the search. ; ) I still don’t think verbaluce can or will answer ajacksonian though. ; )

Bmore on July 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Bishop on July 14, 2014 at 3:27 PM

How do we determine when the fetus is “human,” by liberal standards?

Tossing oracle bones? Voodoo? A wizard does it?

Good Solid B-Plus on July 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Liberals are totally the party of reason and science; oh, by the way, did you know that a fetus magically becomes human at a completely arbitrary point during gestation?

SCIENCE!!!

Good Solid B-Plus on July 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM

lol i didn’t read the thread but somehow there’s an abortion debate so i’ll jump in…

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

yes it is… you abortion supporters keep saying it isn’t, because it eases your guilt.

i call it a “person” because it’s alive, it’s not the same person as the mother, and it’s human. look up what a zygote is: it’s a stage in human development. killing a zygote means ending the life of a human being. it’s that simple. just because the human has not developed all of its body parts yet doesn’t mean it’s okay to destroy it. from the moment sperm and egg meet, someone new is formed. stop trying to pretend that there is some kind of time period after conception where the new person doesn’t really count as a person. again, you imagine that “not actually a person yet” time period to ease your guilt!!

and think about it this way: YOU are simply a zygote that was not killed/ did not die… YOU used to be a zygote at one point and then YOU developed more and kept living. and all your friends and family are the same way… you’re saying it’s fine if they had been killed? really, why do abortion supporters talk about the unborn as if they are an entirely different species than human? we were all at that same stage at one time! don’t talk about the unborn without thinking about the human race as a whole, because we all were at that stage.

Sachiko on July 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Jughead is not gay. Jughead is a Gamma male.

Archie is a Beta male.

None of the male characters in the Archie comics have taken the Red Pill, discovered their Alpha and learned to be successful PUAs.

chuckh on July 14, 2014 at 3:31 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

It’s truly amazing seeing the cognitive dissonance required to be a lefty like you. You have a doctorate in applying the “everything a civil rights/social justice issue” template to everything imaginable – except of course for the biggest civil rights issue of our era: abortion.

There is no more fundamental right than the right to live. And no one is more innocent than a baby. You love to drone on about how the partriarchy/heternormative whatever silences and oppresses people but here you are standing in the way of the most fundamental right of those who have no ability to speak for themselves. You are not a civil rights champion. But maybe when lefty mothers start aborting babies for being gay you’ll change your mind.

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM

by next Novemeber Democrats will be openly running on the ACA. Mark my words. libfreeordie on December 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Libree is Bottles.

Akzed on July 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Athos on July 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM

As is the motto in The Village:

Questions are a burden to others.

Answers a prison for oneself.

Just have to love The Prisoner…

Now I think if they just went to past Archie comics and republished them without Archie… why that would be a totally zen-like and impactful comic plus it would save cost overhead of having to produce new material. All you need is one artist to just erase Archie and fill in the background.

That would be a truly interesting series.

ajacksonian on July 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM

“Bring home just how important Archie is to everyone.” So….not at all?

RblDiver on July 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

That’s my take.

bettycooper on July 14, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Bishop on July 14, 2014 at 3:27 PM

In the same thread where he’s calling straw men cowards for not wanting to discuss the realities of abortions and the women who get them he’s refusing to actually have an honest conversation about it, trying to hedge the conversation in ways he thinks give him the advantage.

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Bring it, cupcake.

New Study Shows 85 Percent of Women Say Abortions Cause Mental Health Issues

And what is it if not a human? A platypus?

Life Begins at Fertilization

Heir Perfesser, always spouting off, but never making sense.

Here’s a simple question for you. Which of the founding fathers did not subscribe to the communitarian ethos Calhoun deploys to rationalize slavery? *sets sundial*

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

None. They weren’t nascent Commies like John C. Calhoun, and full blown Commies like you. Don’t you think you need to provide some proof for such a ridiculous smear there Mr. Calhoun? You’re a history perfesser, right?

NotCoach on August 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

NotCoach on July 14, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Comics are gay. That is all.

can_con on July 14, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Yeah, sure it’s not.

Which is why when you encounter a pregnant women who wants the child you tell her to not humanize that lump of cells because she’s engaging in a delusion right?

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:36 PM

verbaluce ?

Bmore on July 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I hadn’t seen.
Will answer there.
Wouldn’t want to disrupt an Archie thread.

verbaluce on July 14, 2014 at 3:36 PM

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Lefties always shriek about protecting the weak and marginalized and oppressed and downtrodden, but won’t go to bat for the most innocent, fragile, precious lives on the planet.

A pro-life stance has to be purely political, because everything is political to progressives. Everything can be molded to shape their agenda. They can’t even comprehend somebody having a principled stance unrelated to electoral posturing.

Good Solid B-Plus on July 14, 2014 at 3:37 PM

You’ve got to love lefty logic:

You don’t have a right to live but you do have a right to make your boss buy your birth control.

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Congrats on allowing the troll libfree to derail the thread once again. He spews nonsense and gets you to reply.

Anyway, back on topic…

I don’t think anyone reads Archie these days. They got some gays to buy the Kevin Keller series, but that can’t be enough on its own to sustain sales in the long run. This “Life of Archie” series isn’t the main one, but they’ll probably have to bring the controversy to the main line to keep afloat. Pathetic.

BTW, if anyone wants classic Archie from the time when it was actually relevant, I highly recommend the Archie Americana collections: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Americana_Series

DisneyFan on July 14, 2014 at 3:40 PM

BKennedy on July 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

that’s true. there are women who have become pregnant in bad life situations (example: in poverty, or boyfriend didn’t want a kid, or baby had an inpact on career, or was raped) and they chose to have a kid anyway because they think that abortion is morally wrong. so yes, these are actual babies being born and growing up and living life, walking around today, fitting in with the rest of the human population, going to school, making friends, having careers, etc. abortion supporters think that those people should have been killed. let that sink in.

Sachiko on July 14, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Sorry, but Archie wouldn’t pack heat. He carried pepper spray in his man-bag.

partsnlabor on July 14, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Sachiko on July 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Thank you.

Gatsu on July 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM

They are missing the boat on this. Archie is obviously gay himself or he would be nailing Betty and Veronica. They should have married him to the Senator and then have some deranged tea-bagger who looks a lot like Rush gun him down because tea-baggers hate gays, gun control, puppy dogs etc….

Southernblogger on July 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on July 14, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Exactly. And fascistordie is demonstrating this perfectly.

The only real argument he’s trying to construct is a straw man: that we’re engaged in dehumanizing women who get an abortion.

He can’t intelligibly argue on the merits of the real issue so he tries to make the topic of discussion about the politicals of how the debate is waged wherin we are – supposedly – dehumanizing women.

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Sounds like they’re going to make sure the Archie comic is shot dead.

Seriously, it’s Archie. This is like all those sitcoms in the 70s that rushed to throw in all kinds of hot issues in the quest to be “relevant“.

There Goes the Neighborhood on July 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Realistically, Archie’s shooter should be black, right? With an illegal gun? Now that would be “impactful”.

tarkus on July 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM

That’s just being annoying. Meanwhile, people are mad that Israel is bombing Gaza, but don’t care that rockets have been fire into Israel from there. Lefties have to invent injustices in order to stay angry at the people they hate.

LancerDL on July 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM

tarkus on July 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM

No no no. Archie is a rich white lefty. There’s no way he would be anywhere near black people. That’s why he gentrified his neighborhood.

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Lets talk about turtles. Can we?

BobMbx on July 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Have you ever thanked your mom that she didn’t have your enlightened position.

RickB on July 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM

IMPORTANT NEWS:
The left over paint for my master bedroom is all dried up, now I have to pick a new color to repaint after getting the sheetrock repaired.

This paint drying news is not only more important but more interesting that Jughead and Archie.

Thank You.

Tard on July 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I just woke up, and this is the first thing I see… You gotta be shittin’ me…

PointnClick on July 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Have you ever thanked your mom that she didn’t have your enlightened position.

RickB on July 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Funny you should ask. fascistordie has mentioned before that his mom did get an abortion (maybe more than one – don’t recall exactly).

So, fascistordie supports his siblings not existing so his life would be easier. But he deeply cares about civil rights. And the downtrodden and marginalized.

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Lets talk about turtles. Can we?

BobMbx on July 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Here’s an interview he gave on that subject.

Flange on July 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM

AP didn’t mention Archie is supposed to die. You see what disarming everyone does leftist nutjobs? It gets people killed.

Adios, dumb ass. Maybe in the next comic book life (and you know there is a next comic book life because no one ever really dies in the comics) you’ll take personal self defense seriously.

NotCoach on July 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I can’t wait for Family Circus to end by Not Me convincing Billy to slaughter the rest of the family by telling him the parents considered aborting him, or for Garfield to finish up when the protagonist finally ends Nermal once and for all, and getting sent to the death chamber, only to be saved at the last minute when Europe refuses to sell the necessary poisons to the U.S. Yes, I realize that’s ending a comic by using only one hot-button issue at a time, but we can’t all be Archie.

calbear on July 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM

No doubt the next issue of Archie will feature a ‘scratch ‘n sniff’ feature of Riverdale…

… which will smell like prison sex.

Seven Percent Solution on July 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I wonder how his mom feels about him sharing that information.

NotCoach on July 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM

So a gay former military man in a civil union, recently elected senator who is pushing for gun control because his “husband” (would that make Kelly the ‘wife?’) …

Yeah, kinda sounds like Archie is already far off the rails.

There Goes the Neighborhood on July 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Thank God Calvin and Hobbes got out before the madness hit.

Flange on July 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Comics were much more fun before they became political.

bw222 on July 14, 2014 at 3:59 PM

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I wonder how his mom feels about him sharing that information.

NotCoach on July 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Why would she mind? She just had some cells removed. Like a wart or a parasite.

gwelf on July 14, 2014 at 4:00 PM

A first trimester abortion?

Moving the goalposts.

False.

Because you need to make them into monsters to advance your political agenda.

False.

I believe the slogan is “what kind of mother are you to do that?”

False.

False.

libfreeordie on July 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

So if the zygote is your benchmark, does that mean you’d agree to the reasonable compromise that abortion is legal for all zygotes, but not in later stages of development?

The Schaef on July 14, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Which law is this?

“Eventually, all comic book characters come out as L, B, G or T.”

Immolate on July 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Of course, a fertilized human egg cell is human. It contains all the DNA needed to grow a human, the X and Y chromosomes to determine its sex, and so on. It of course is not aware of anything up until the point that its brain is sufficiently developed.

Many pregnancies naturally terminate in the first trimester due to chromosomal nondisjunctions and other abnormalities. The woman may never have known she was pregnant and just thought she had a long cycle.

The attempt to conflate racist pogroms of oppression with maintaining the ability of women to have an abortion is a huge stretch.

antisense on July 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Recently I was really bored one night and there was almost nothing on Netflix instant streaming that I hadn’t seen before, so I started watching the TV series ‘Scandal,’ which I had never seen before. Didn’t make it past Ep 1. It was such an overdose of Libtarded preaching I couldn’t take it. Every character was gay, everything was “multicultural” in the most absurd of ways … you get the picture. I don’t think I’ve ever had so much Libtarded nonsense rammed down my throat at once before. If you enjoy being propagandically raped by Libs, just check out the first episode.

Libs make me sick. It’s like they’re in a race to be the most annoying, obnoxious people in society.

And the funny thing is that they at the same time claim to corner the market on “irony,” when they themselves are the most humorless, bitter, un-ironic people around.

WhatSlushfund on July 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Maybe they should have used Kenny. He can take it.

Brock Robamney on July 14, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Captain Kirock on July 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

It was publicized because some people want you to know that the old America is kaput. Part of Transforming America. All true believers are free to believe and contribute to the process

Everyone is doing it. Even ISIS is smashing shrines

There are two ways to handle such projects, either create a new icon, or re program the old. Obviously, no one wanted the old ideas floating around in case they still appealed

If they simply changed the icon, you wouldn’t know about it. You might retain impure thoughts. By sticking it in your face, you will be re educated

entagor on July 14, 2014 at 4:07 PM

The Schaef on July 14, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I think it is cruelly unfair to have the baby go long term and be nearly developed before aborting it. If it is a cluster of cells that has not developed a brain and so forth, that would be the time to stop an unwanted pregnancy.

antisense on July 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM

If the main character is killed in a comic strip, it usually means the comic artist is ready to put his crayons away and go home. We probably won’t have Archie to kick around much longer.

Archie is dead. So it goes.

Steve Z on July 14, 2014 at 4:10 PM

The left just doesn’t stop when it comes to destroying good old-fashioned stuff, do they?!

When you lose the innocence, you lose part of the charm.

In Archie comics’ case, they’ve lost ALL of the charm. They are now just vehicles to vomit out their left-wing agenda.

Just as a chimp flings his s**t at the wall.

Sterling Holobyte on July 14, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Yawn. I suppose the writers of this drivel (Archie) feel a need to share a teaching moment. But over-proliferation of this (or any) meme is just going to make people tired of having some group’s agenda shoved in their faces.

zoyclem on July 14, 2014 at 4:11 PM

And really, a zygote is not a person.

Nor are you.

zoyclem on July 14, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I’m pretty sure that was the explanation given by the writers behind Happy Days in having Fonzi jump the sharks! Say, that’s a pretty catchy saying… maybe Goldwater could have used that! [wink, wink]

dominigan on July 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM

antisense on July 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I’m having trouble determining if you answering this hypothetical in the affirmative. Would you consider that a reasonable compromise, given the zygote as a benchmark?

The Schaef on July 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Big yawn-this “story” is much ado about nothing.

From another source, the Far Right LA Times:

As is often the case when it comes to comics, Archie will live on in other ways. Because the “Life With Archie” series is a set in the future, Andrews will remain an active part of the titles set in present day.

Del Dolemonte on July 14, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Not the Onion.

vcferlita on July 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Archie’s about 90 by now, it’s not believable that he could “save” anyone, the gunshots might wake him up.

And isn’t it well past time these kids graduated or were thrown out of high school? They’re at the age where it is downright pervy . . .

Adjoran on July 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM

What?? I guess it’s trying to stay relevant…

sorrowen on July 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Archie’s last words: “Damn you, NRA! Damn you!”

DisneyFan on July 14, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Archie is dead. So it goes.

Steve Z on July 14, 2014 at 4:10 PM

The artist who created Archie, Bob Montana, has actually been dead for 39 years. He dropped dead of a heart attack when he was only 54, while cross country skiing here in central New Hampshire (where he lived and drew the strip). Some of his kids still live here.

“Archie” has been drawn by others since that time.

Del Dolemonte on July 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM

When I was young I was gay.
But then they changed the meaning of that word.
Now I can’t be gay anymore.
And that makes me sad.

Galtian on July 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Far cry from the Spire Christian Comics I had years ago using the Archie characters under license.

Did Goldwater cringe over that deal? Maybe he thinks this new gag is along the lines of WWJD so it’s all good?

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM

The Left ruins EVERYTHING, even Archie. I used to save my allowance as a kid to buy these comic books. I was 12 but they made me happy. I suppose Veronica is really a tranny and she and Betty are now a couple. Reggie must be the gay friend. I think Jughead is hard core CIA.

Cowboy Girl on July 14, 2014 at 4:30 PM