Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on July 13, 2014 by Allahpundit

It’s a tale of two borders on this morning’s Sunday shows. Bibi Netanyahu will be on “Face the Nation” and “State of the Union” to discuss Israel’s new war with Hamas while Rick Perry guests on “Fox News Sunday” and “Face the Nation” to chat about the influx of Central Americans into Texas via Mexico. Expect him to be asked too about his op-ed published yesterday in WaPo attacking Rand Paul’s foreign policy. Why, it’s almost as if he’s planning to run again in 2016.

If none of that grabs you, “This Week” has a fair ‘n balanced show planned with Eric Holder and David Plouffe. The full line-up is at Politico.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I suppose I could be first just once…

DarkCurrent on July 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM

** Illegal Entry SNAFU/FUBAR:

Mother of police officer killed by drunk illegal immigrant driver pens furious letter to Obama

after authorities failed to deport him following earlier arrests

Raul Silva-Corona drove the wrong way along Arizona highways for 35 miles before smashing into a car driven by Brandon Mendoza, 32

Both men were killed in the fiery crash on May 12
Mendoza’s mother has now written a furious letter to President Obama demanding to know why Corona had not been deported

He was an illegal immigrant from Mexico but had been allowed to stay in the U.S. after pleading guilty to criminal conspiracy in 1994 in Colorado

By Lydia Warren
Published: 13:11 GMT, 11 July 2014
Updated: 13:28 GMT, 11 July 2014
*********************************

I am furious that the Federal Government allowed this criminal to stay in this country and KILL my son!’

Corona was a native of Chihuahua, Mexico, who had entered the United States without permission.

Court records show that he pleaded guilty to a criminal-conspiracy charge in Adams County in 1994 and prosecutors dismissed charges of burglary, assault and leaving an accident scene.
(More……………)
=====================

==============

President Obama,

I am writing this letter to you regarding illegal immigrants.
*************************************************************

As a tax paying, law abiding citizen of the United States, I WANT my voice heard on this issue. My son, Sergeant Brandon Mendoza, an officer who was with the City of Mesa, Arizona police department, was killed in a tragic head on collision on May 12, 2014 by a wrong way driver on our freeways. This man happened to be an illegal immigrant, was in this country illegally, convicted of previous crimes, no Social Security number, no valid driver’s license BUT he had purchased a vehicle and registered it to drive in Maricopa County Arizona.

I had my son’s life STOLEN from me by a man who didn’t value his life, was 3X the legal limit drunk, was high on Meth, drove for over 35 miles THE WRONG WAY on 4 different freeways and had NO BUSINESS BEING IN THIS COUNTRY!!!

The Federal Government knew he, Raul Silva Corona , was an illegal immigrant when he was convicted on crimes in 1994 in Colorado. The prosecutors were “lenient” on him and several charges were dismissed. When he was convicted of these crimes and 1994 and the government knew he was in the country illegally, why wasn’t he deported? Why are any of these illegal criminals in this country ??

I am furious that the Federal Government allowed this criminal to stay in this country and KILL my son! I have attached several articles for you to PERSONALLY read about my son. He was an Icon with the City of Mesa Police Department. He was instrumental in making life better for people of all walks of life in the park project he took on. He was humble, selfless, worked many hours off the clock helping disadvantaged children and often used his own money to do things for the community, including “adopting” children at Christmas to provide them with gifts….out of his own money!!

I have attached numerous articles for you to read about my son. This was not a life that should have been taken so early. The good he was doing in our community is remarkable, the difference he made in people’s lives is amazing and the comfort he brought people in friendship was unmeasurable.

All you have to do is Google ” Sgt/Officer Brandon Mendoza” and you will have plenty of reading material about my wonderful son who had just passed his Sergeant’s exam to become a Sgt. The Chief of Police posthumously promoted him during the week of his funeral but that highlight of his life was stolen from him!!! He was officer of the year last year. Officer of the quarter for the first quarter of 2014. He was only 32 years old and had done more in his life than most of us have done in a lifetime!

I am going to have my voice heard and I want to you to know what my personal feeling is on whether CRIMINAL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS should be allowed in this country. I have been DIRECTLY affected by this. I am sure if your life had been affected like mine has been, you would have a different view of this situation. I have lived in Arizona most of my life. My son, Brandon Mendoza, was half Hispanic. It’s not the color of skin that my son or I see, it’s the person and how they conduct their lives. If you can’t enter this country legally then you shouldn’t be here. If you commit crimes, you should pay the time any of us as US Citizens would have to serve. Letting these illegal criminals out of our jails before their time is served and turning them loose on the streets to commit further crimes and KILL our loved ones is NOT ACCEPTABLE TO ME!! AND it shouldn’t be acceptable to any US Citizen. Mr. President, you don’t have the right to make this decision yourself……I have a say, even if it is for one moment. Maybe that one moment will light a spark with another citizen who can then light a candle, who can then light a bonfire, who can then light a city up and so on. My light has just been lit and I am not going to back down when so many of these illegal immigrants have more rights than we do. My son’s death will not be ignored as another statistic.

I want laws to change that would not allow illegal immigrants to purchase vehicles in our country and register them to drive them in our states WITHOUT having driver’s licenses to drive them legally. How is this happening??? I want laws changed that will force the removal of illegal immigrants who break our laws. This man, this repeated law breaker, was allowed to be released and he continued breaking the laws in our country until what???? UNTIL HE WAS STOPPED BY MY SON IN A HEAD ON COLLISION THAT NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED!!!! HE KILLED AN OFFICER OF THE LAW AS HIS LAST ACT!!! When are you going to see the flip side to this issue? When will you realize the hurt and pain and destruction these illegal immigrants who break the law will continue to cause???? Until you live in a state that deals with this on a daily basis, you will not understand it.

I want answers that make sense. I want answers from you personally as to why this criminal was allowed to stay in our country until he took my son’s life.

Sincerely,

Mary Ann Mendoza

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Face The Nation @FaceTheNation · 2h

Good morning! Today, we’ll talk to Israeli PM Benjamin @Netanyahu and Amb. Maen Rashid Areikat, the PLO’s top representative to the U.S.
==========================

Retweeted by Meet The Press
David Gregory @davidgregory · 5m

I talk exclusively w/ @JZarif this AM on #MTP – he tells me Iran is not seeking a nuclear weapon – preview clip here: http://nbcnews.to/1jovVa2

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 8:16 AM

FoxNewsSunday @FoxNewsSunday · 1h

RT if you’ll be watching #FNS today.
====================================

State of the Union @CNNsotu · Jul 11

.@SenJohnMcCain has his own plan to help thousands of #ImmigrantChildren in limbo. Sunday at 9aET on #*nnsotu http://*nn.it/1qRPcBR

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 8:19 AM

IDF @IDFSpokesperson · 6h

We are dropping these leaflets above N. Gaza, warning civilians to move away from Hamas terrorists & command centers. pic.twitter.com/HxVWjjGpsC

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Just us Canadians up this early today? Must be the smell of bacon!

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM

The full line-up is at Politico.

Yeah, that’s what we all come to HA for, to find a link to Politico, a propaganda outlet of the Dem party.

Toocon on July 13, 2014 at 8:31 AM

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Then Hamas herds them back and makes them sit on top of the targets.

Nihilistic leaders, plus followers who dream of violence for its own sake, plus innocents who are at the mercy of the above, make a bad combination.

Of course the real question is, since the people of Gaza voted for Hamas, is whether they are truly innocent, or just having sown the wind, are now reaping the whirlwind.

clear ether

eon

eon on July 13, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I wonder what Hillary is doing this fine Sunday morning.

HiJack on July 13, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Like everything else he does, The Dog Eater will simply deny his actions and go behind the backs of the people and the state and local authorities in the dead of night.

The invaders have already been dispersed among us, diseases and all, and Obama knows that all he needs to do is continue what he’s doing, since no one has the ballz to do a damned thing about it except for to piss and moan. He doesn’t care.

As he said himself, he has no more elections to steal so he can just let ‘er rip. And he’s ripping us to the core, ladies and gents. But it’s all for the children, right?

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Jake Tapper ✔ @jaketapper

vile stuff out there via hashtags #HitlerWasRight & #HitlerDidNothingWrong, many from ppl who don’t seem to get what Hitler thought of Arabs
5:20 PM – 12 Jul 2014

an example:

adeelasifkhan @adeelasifkhan

I would have killed all #jews in the world but some of kept alive to show the world why i killed them…….#HitlerWasRight
5:36 PM – 12 Jul 2014 Ohio, USA, United States

crazy stuff.

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I wonder what Hillary is doing this fine Sunday morning.

HiJack on July 13, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Eating an ear of corn through a chain link fence?

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Perry needs to be asked why he hasn’t called up the Texas State Guard.

In Texas, the governor has the Texas State Guard to use, which is not under the control of the president.

The Texas State Guard (TXSG) mission as a branch of the Texas Military Forces is to provide mission-ready military forces to assist State and local authorities in times of state emergencies, with homeland security and community service through Defense Support to Civil Authorities (DSCA).

And in Arizona, the governor can call up the unorganized militia, which they have.

26-124. Service by members of unorganized militia; volunteers during emergency; enrollment; selection; organizing selectees

A. When the governor proclaims an emergency, and, upon advice of the adjutant general, determines that the national guard does not have sufficient troops to meet the emergency, the governor may authorize the adjutant general to accept for service from the unorganized militia a specified number of volunteers.

It would be nice to hear why both of them haven’t called them up. Work around Obozo.

Patriot Vet on July 13, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Holder vs. Plouffe: A Battle of Conflicting Ideologies!

Oh, wait…never mind.

predator on July 13, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I wonder what Hillary is doing this fine Sunday morning.

HiJack on July 13, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Searching the couch cushions for coins?

scalleywag on July 13, 2014 at 8:44 AM

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 8:11 AM

An emotional, heart breaking letter…destined to fall upon deaf, floppy ears. Barack Obama simply does not give two shlts about his woman OR her son. It’s that simple, really.

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Just us Canadians up this early today? Must be the smell of bacon!

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Canadian bacon?

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Just us Canadians up this early today? Must be the smell of bacon!

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Canadian bacon?

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 8:48 AM

You haven’t had Canadian bacon until you’ve had authentic Canadian Canadian bacon. Good stuff.

HiJack on July 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Canadian bacon?

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 8:48 AM

You got it COL. A daily dose of peameal bacon may just take the cranky away!

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 8:45 AM

He’s a sociopath. Marxism attracts sociopaths. They don’t see people as individuals with feelings. They are like toy soldiers to move around to suit themselves.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Netanyahu in public:
Europe and America are nations of immigrants who should up hold the Western ideal of tolerance. This is our common humanist heritage and the pinnacle of earthly progress. Shalom

Netanyahu in private:

Keep Israel Jewish. Send the Africans to Uganda and the Arabs to Italy.

The American public:
What an awesome and Godly man. We should pray for him and adopt some third worlders to impress God.

Me:
lulz

abobo on July 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Peter Hamby        ✔ @PeterHambyCNN

Rand Paul team swings back at Perry: “60,000 children just invaded Texas, and their Governor has time to write an op ed … ” (1/3)

Just stop Rand.

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 8:55 AM

He’s a sociopath. Marxism attracts sociopaths.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Sociopaths and fools who believe the sociopaths (e.g. libfree)

darwin on July 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Eggs, omelet.

/Barry

Aardvark on July 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Jake Tapper ✔ @jaketapper

5:20 PM – 12 Jul 2014

an example:

adeelasifkhan @adeelasifkhan

crazy stuff.

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Tapper may not “get what Hitler thought of Arabs”. Considering that the Mufti of Jerusalem was a high-ranking officer in the SS.

And that even today, Mein Kampf is a best-seller in the Islamic world, along with the Protocols and Jimmy Carter’s Palestine- Peace Not Apartheid.

False equivalence is one of the fundamental defects of progressive “thought”.

As for the other, I rather doubt anyone named “adeelasifkhan” is a member of the John Birch Society, no matter what Tapper wants to believe to reassure himself of his righteousness and greater moral wisdom.

Not all the Islamist crazies are in the Mideast- or Madison, Wisconsin.

clear ether

eon

eon on July 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM

My God what a joke. A racist liar and just a liar.

darwin on July 13, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I wonder what Hillary is doing this fine Sunday morning.

HiJack on July 13, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Online shopping with Chelsea’s money.

22044 on July 13, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Well, I’m here, so I’ll watch FNS and the interview w/ Netanyahu.

Brit Hume is guest hosting, by the way. Generally I like Brit.

22044 on July 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I wonder what Hillary is doing this fine Sunday morning.

HiJack on July 13, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of painting her face, putting on a DRESS and maybe darkening the doorway of a church.

HiJack on July 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Funny the leaflets the White House is dropping over the border say, “Come to los estados unidos for citizenship and free stuff.”

Hmmm… Maybe, they don’t understand how to use leaflet drops to help solve a problem.

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Quotes fail… more coffee, please?

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM

HiJack on July 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Drinking a Bloody Mary or two is probably the closest she’ll get to that.

Flange on July 13, 2014 at 9:06 AM

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 8:11 AM

A great reminder of why I left that place. When I first moved there, 30 years ago, it was fairly conservative. Gradually the city council became more progressive, finally hiring police chief George Gascon who helped them turn Mesa into a sanctuary city. This is the result. Gascon has moved on to San Francisco where he doesn’t have to hide his agenda. Now we are rapidly becoming a sanctuary country.

And in West Texas, in a town once reputed to be among the most conservative in the US, we have a city council gradually becoming more progressive and the populace slowly starting to favor nanny-state policies and regulations. People seem to be too busy to show up in significant numbers for local elections.

God help us all.

Eren on July 13, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I suppose I could be first just once…

DarkCurrent on July 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM

I knew you could do it! :)

bernzright777 on July 13, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Jai…

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Do we need to send the popo to check on Jailbones or did he just forget to set the alarm clock?

hillsoftx on July 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Me:
lulz

abobo on July 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Ignorance is bliss, right, dumbass??

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I woke up early this morning to the smell of fresh coffee brewing and the realization that every stinking one of these invaders from the south will find permanent residence deep within our borders. bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I’m not sure you are correct, bimm. If he tries to legalize them, it will be a shitstorm of major proportions, all around the country.

How is T-bone doing?

8 weight on July 13, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Jailbones?

conservative hispanic on July 13, 2014 at 9:30 AM

How is T-bone doing?

8 weight on July 13, 2014 at 9:29 AM

He seems to be doing O.K. so far. He’s a bit depressed, (who wouldn’t be??), but his goodies look like they are about to fall off and then he’ll start feeling a bit more chipper, I would guess.

He gets around pretty well, so I’m hoping we are the right track. T-Bone and I both thank you for asking.

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 9:33 AM

canopfor on July 13, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I hate to think what McCain’s “help” is – a green card?

It’s not the “dang fence,” that’s for sure.

Wethal on July 13, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Netanyahu in public:

Netanyahu in private:

Keep Israel Jewish. Send the Africans to Uganda and the Arabs to Italy.

abobo on July 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Link?

As far as keeping Israel Jewish, this is a strategic necessity. Plus it’s theirs. It’s always been theirs. I’m not Jewish, and I want Israel kept Jewish.

Frankly, I’d like to see some new Crusades, only this time we win.

WhatSlushfund on July 13, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Oh, and to clarify, the Crusaders wrongly did some terrible things to Jews, when they should have realized a common purpose. When I say I want new Crusades, I’m talking strictly vis a vis Muslims.

WhatSlushfund on July 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Peter Hamby ✔ @PeterHambyCNN

Just stop Rand.

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 8:55 AM

What, you don’t like the comeback? I think he has a point.

I am warming up to Rick Perry, although
there are many things I don’t like about his record as governor;
crony capitalism for one. However, I think he has a good chance to win because of his record on jobs
and that is what will be required when Obama gets done with destroying the middle class. He is also distinguished and sexy
at the same time with his new glasses. Shallow, I know, however,
I know many women who voted for Clinton because they thought he
was “so good looking” while I, myself, gagged.

As far as the comment about Rand Paul’s view on foreign policy,
I agree that it only means Perry is running and throwing the first
shot at Rand Paul. The timing, however, is all off. Rand Paul’s
be only sparring with Obama and making him look more narcisstic
and disinterested in solving the border problem than he is.

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Welcome to the DNC Media Propaganda Hour, kids! All of the (liberal) opinions that are fit to spew on national television, live for your viewing pleasure. If you are new to the Sunday morning format, you’ll get disoriented quickly – here’s a road map:

All of the “moderators” will sound like liberal Democrats; all of the Democrats will be liberals; nearly all of the guests who are not associated with the Democrat party specifically will sound like liberal Democrats; more than half of the Republicans will sound like liberal Democrats, and then there will be some conservatives.

Let’s have a gander:

“Meet the Press” on NBC
• Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif – N/A
• Martin Indyk – Liberal (Clinton, Brookings)
• Mike Rogers – GOPer
• Joaquin Castro – Kook Left Fringe and race-victim
• Rick Santorum – Conservative
• Jennifer Granholm – Kook Left Fringe

Israel and Texas border with a nearly all-liberal viewpoint. It’s NBC.

“Face the Nation” on CBS
• Benjamin Netanyahu – N/A (viewed as ally of U.S. conservatives on Mid-East issues)
• Rick Perry – Conservative, mostly
• Luis Gutierrez – Kook Left Fringe, race-victim
• Loretta Sanchez – Kook Left Fringe, race-victim
• Lamar Smith – Conservative

Israel and the border. One border security conservative and Perry, who has been open about amnesty ambitions “with border security”.

“This Week” on ABC
• Eric Holder – Kook Left Fringe
• David Plouffe – Kook Left Fringe

Notice anything weird here? Three shows into the day, and all the liberals are Kook Left Fringe. These are all what ACU would rank as 95%+ liberals. These two jackasses in are among the worst of the bad. Not sure where ABC is going with this, but it could be to ask “is O’Bozo all pissed out?”

“Fox News Sunday” on Fox
• Netanyahu – N/A
• Perry – Conservative, mostly
• Mike McCaul – Conservative

No Libs. Wow.

“State of the Union” on CNN
• Netanyahu – N/A
• John McCain – RINO-Jackass amnesty proponent
• Marsha Blackburn — Conservative
• Donna Edwards – Kook Left Fringe
• Aaron Schock – RINO (I’ve been wondering when this closeted gay RINO would hit the shows)
• Beto O’Rourke – Liberal

One viewpoint other than pro-amnesty out of 7. Sweet.

“Newsmakers” on C-SPAN
•Raul Grijalva – Kook Left Fringe race-victim

It might be fun to watch how the kook left views the assault on our border. They were in retreat when the initial reports came out but I think they’ve gained their footing and will begin arguing in favor of the Idiot-King’s policy of no borders for the invaders. Having whiny b1tch Glenn Beck down there crying isn’t helpful.

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Donde esta senior Jaibones?

NOMOBO on July 13, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Abobo, thank you for your opinion… like many opinions it stinks…. that’s about all the response I’ll grant a troll.

JFKY on July 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Jai…

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Slow out of the gate today. Monsoon season in Chicago is killing me.

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Donde esta senior Jaibones?

NOMOBO on July 13, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Voila!

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Rand Paul’s camp has a point; doesn’t Rick Perry have other more important things to do? It makes him look petty towards Paul when he should
be only sparring with Obama and making him look more narcisstic
and disinterested in solving the border problem than he is.

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM

You ever hear of walking and farting at the same time? A person can multi-task, you know?

What more do you want Gov. Perry to do right now? He toured the border. He met with the devil. He begged the devil to join him in touring the invasion’s ground zero. He wrote op-eds about Obama’s recalcitrance, as well.

As for his record as Governor, are you a Texan? Do you care to elaborate on the catch-phrase ‘crony capitalism’ as it relates to Texas and Rick Perry? What else of the ‘many’ things you don’t like about his record as governor do you wish to share with us?

As a Texan, I believe that Rick Perry’s performance deserves high marks. Simply look at where Texas stands on virtually any metric you wish. You will find Texas out performing the vast majority of states.

Being sexy and wearing glasses are about as vapid a criteria for gaining a vote as I can imagine.

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Monsoon season in Chicago is killing me.

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Yeah, that’s what Chicago’s all about!

Shay on July 13, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I think Rand’s team come across as a bunch of whiners with that. Address Perry’s criticism like an adult. And it’s especially hypocritical coming from a freaking media hound senator.

Perry is coming across like an executive in charge.

Jindal/Perry/Walker/Pence…..Executive experience counts.

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Not turning on the idiot box today…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Not turning on the idiot box today…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Me either. Got chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, guineas, pea fowl, pheasant, quail, sheep, a donkey, a steer and a dozen dogs that need tending to, and a couple nice racks of baby back ribs ready for the grill…

Too nice a day to watch a gaggle of moon bat liberals bleat about the ‘obstructionist’ Tea Party Terrorists and the plight of the poor, downtrodden, suffering little children at the border.

I hear the tattoo business at the Texas border has gone up exponentially in recent weeks. Those kiddos need the tats…

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 9:41 AM

What, no kook right fringe on the shows? /

HiJack on July 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Did y’all press 1 for English?

Cindy Munford on July 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Jai…

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Slow out of the gate today. Monsoon season in Chicago is killing me.

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM

… alai!

Growing webbed feet, yet?

I’m liking this Global Warming. Cool weather, plenty of rain… It’s the best my lawn has ever looked.

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Did y’all press 1 for English?

Cindy Munford on July 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Por favor pulse ocho para el español.

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Boy, I hope Babylon got that right…

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 10:43 AM

be only sparring with Obama and making him look more narcisstic
and disinterested in solving the border problem than he is.

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I researched his record when he was running the first time; that
is where I received my information. I am not going to research
it for you; you being a “Texan” and all, I am sure you can figure
it out for yourself. Go to Hot Air and if the postings from many
more than I are still there, have at it! Many other sites will
have more research from 2011/2012. BTW, it has been very well
documented that the governor in Texas has the least power; other
segments in their legislature do all the heavy work. That said,
he is a great figurehead…the in state tuition for legals; I don’t
like that one very much either. So, as I stated, there is good
and not so good with Perry (as there are with other candidates as well). The votes he will gain for being a good looking Texas dude
with librarion glasses is a reality….one must deal with it. I don’t know why you are strung out about it; it goes in the plus column for your dearly beloved governor.

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Perry is coming across like an executive in charge.

Jindal/Perry/Walker/Pence…..Executive experience counts.

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 9:52 AM

In case you missed the point, it appears that the first
“whine” came from Perry.

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 9:41 AM

What, no kook right fringe on the shows? /

HiJack on July 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM

…no!…but the description of yet another Senator Senile appearance…………makes up for that!

JugEarsButtHurt on July 13, 2014 at 10:48 AM

abobo on July 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Bibi’s right. Given the part that Israel has played in world history, it has to be nativist in its immigration policy and question the heritage of those entering their nation.

Not many options open to them if they are to remain independent.

lineholder on July 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM

In case you missed the point, it appears that the first
“whine” came from Perry.

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM

No I got that. But at least Perry penned an intelligent Op-ed. Rand or his team reacted the same way in their beef with Christie.

Maybe it’s just my day to rag on Senators. Yappers to the core.

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 9:41 AM

As always, thanks for your expert opinion. It’s a highlight of everyone’s Sunday morning.

Question: why would anyone care what Jennifer Granholm has to say about anything? She has been out of office for nearly four years after almost single-handedly destroying Michigan.

Attention Texas: Beware of life wing faux blondes with big ugly moles running for governor.

bw222 on July 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM

adeelasifkhan @adeelasifkhan

5:36 PM – 12 Jul 2014 Ohio, USA, United States

crazy stuff.

can_con on July 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM

This was also posted on the FB page of Rene Smit who runs ANC’s social media. Her account has since disappeared but there are screen saves. What a vile woman and unfortunately does reflect ANC correctly, who are nothing but a bunch of thugs.

Blake on July 13, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Well, sadly, I don’t think that Israel is going to “solve” the problem any time soon… sure, if & when Iran collapses & Israel has the opportunity to invade & occupy Gaza, sure something may change. Possibly sane Palestinians might be found who decide they’d rather have 1/2 a loaf than what they currently have….

But, Israel isn’t going to get that chance, not right now. So, the best that can happen is Israel bombs & invades & prunes back the worst of the Hamas arsenal.

JFKY on July 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Obama administration spokesmen have been issuing prepared statements blaming the hostilities on Hamas and mouthing support for Israel while praising its restraint. But at the same time, they have been transmitting messages which indicate that Obama is more intent than ever to give Hamas a victory even as it continues to rain down terror on Israel.

As Tel Aviv, Hadera and Jerusalem absorbed their first missile salvos from Gaza on Tuesday, Obama’s Middle East envoy Philip Gordon spoke at Haaretz’s “peace” conference.

It was a jaw dropping performance.

Gordon blamed Israel for the failure for the administration’s efforts to broker a peace deal between Israel and the PLO while effusively praising Fatah leader and Hamas partner Abbas.

And it only went down from there.

After insisting Israel is inadequately committed to peace, Gordon threatened to withdraw US support for Israel at the UN and open the door to the criminalization of Israel by the corrupt international body.

“How will we prevent other states from supporting Palestinian efforts in international bodies, if Israel is not seen as committed to peace?” he asked rhetorically.

Gordon’s remarks were not disputed by the State Department.

So, how come no one is calling out obama and his minions on this BS?

Blake on July 13, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I’m in trouble. Even my grasp of English is tenuous.

Cindy Munford on July 13, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM

You are the poster who made the claims and I simply asked you to respond. I am strung out on nothing, my child. Simply asking you to expand on your bloviating.

Lecturing me on the nuances of “being a good looking Texas dude
with librarion (sic) glasses” only highlights your empty rhetoric.

You don’t know what you are talking about here, Amjean.

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM

You are correct that the Texas governor’s office is by law a weak position. However, Perry is the longest serving and most powerful governor in Texas history. He’s been in office long enough that ALL state board members and ALL appointed officeholders, like Sec of State, have been appointed by him.

Also, as you know the LtGovernor is considered to be in some ways a more powerful position– Perry has served as Lt governor too.

One thing everyone here pretty much agrees on, even people who don’t like him, is that he has a lot of power and knows how to wield it. He has long experience as an executive, serving as Ag commissioner, Lt governor and governor.

juliesa on July 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM

The Texas governor can also call special legislative sessions and set the entire agenda for them. Since the TX legislature only meets for a few months every two years, the ability to call a special session is very powerful.

juliesa on July 13, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I researched his record when he was running the first time; that
is where I received my information. I am not going to research
it for you; you being a “Texan” and all, I am sure you can figure
it out for yourself.

Amjean on July 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM

If you researched his record when he was running the first time, that was in 2001, Amjean. A lot has been accomplished in the 12 years that the man has been governor of Texas. Relying on the blog post s of others for all of your information is pretty weak. But, rock on…

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Shieffer is asking Bibi some stunningly dumb questions. For some reason progs just can’t understand the concept of self defense, and they can’t get it through their heads that there is no negotiating with an entity that simply wants you exterminated. Progs are willfully stupid, or perhaps evil, so there is no working with them.

juliesa on July 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM

“Meet the Press” on NBC
• Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif – N/A
• Martin Indyk – Liberal (Clinton, Brookings)
• Mike Rogers – GOPer
• Joaquin Castro – Kook Left Fringe and race-victim
• Rick Santorum – Conservative
• Jennifer Granholm – Kook Left Fringe

…if anybody ever accuses Jaibones of being some ‘winger nut’ with every ‘phoebe’ known to man…he can always point to his description of Michigan’s bankruptcy bumbling brainless b!tch… as proof of just how sensitive and under descriptive and humane… a person he is!

JugEarsButtHurt on July 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I’d like to hear Rick Perry explain how his in state tuition for illegals policy isn’t as much a magnet for young illegals as Obama’s dream act is.

ctmom on July 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Patriot Vet on July 13, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Perry is too busy commencing to start, to actually start.

PersonFromPorlock on July 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM

The emergency has also renewed questions about the administration’s competence, reminiscent of those raised during the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, last year’s botched rollout of the health-care law and more recent revelations of mismanagement that jeopardized care of patients at veterans hospitals.

He’s not incompetent. He is the Land of a Man, and must be punished, and will be.

YOU, the amnesty traitors and shills, I hope he destroys all you hold dear.

Cantorize all who’re for the Land of Men, in Nov., with zero exceptions.

Otherwise, enjoy your self-destruction. YOU deserve NO less.

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Obama’s goal now is to make clear to adults in Central America that there is no payoff for sending their children on the dangerous journey northward, said Cecilia Muñoz, the White House domestic policy director. “He feels intensely a responsibility to prevent an even greater humanitarian crisis,” she said.

Muñoz is a La Raza hack and can burn in obama’s hell.

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 12:10 PM

All who approve the billions, for obama’s lawyers, and more welfare for the world, all be Cantorized, with no excpetions. You need to go to Hell.

“Money doesn’t vote, but people do” Dave Brat.

Wake up, or be destroyed. It’s totally up to you.

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 12:11 PM

ctmom on July 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Texas’ policy for in state tuition for ‘illegals’ is a misnomer. The policy merely allows students who have graduated from Texas High Schools, (without regard to their parents legal status), to continue their education as any other Texas High School graduate.

They are required to have been in Texas a minimum of 3 years and agree to work towards legal status. They also amount to less than 1% of those qualifying for admission into Texas Universities.

The program began in 2001, prior to Perry becoming governor.

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 12:22 PM

All border agents, and all personnel who’re muzzled, who keep quiet about what goes on, are traitors and brown-shirts.

The secrecy of this operation, with the complicity of the obama-shit-consuming-media are no different than Hitler’s henchmen.

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM

The program began in 2001, prior to Perry becoming governor.

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Rick Perry assumed office December 21, 2000…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM

JugEarsButtHurt on July 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM

When “kook left fringe” actually understates your place on the political spectrum, you’re pretty nuts. And this b1tch is seriously nuts. I am horrified that the citizens of my true home, Michigan, would elect such a complete nitwit Governor. Unbelievable.

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Too bad they don’t have the president of Mexico on and ask him why he is facilitating the invasion

programa frontera sur busca mejorar transito

el presidente Nieto, con su homologo de Guatemala, Molina,
anuncio ayer una serie de acciones para garantizer mas seguridad y el respeto a los derechos humanos de quienes ingresan
a mexico por la frontera sur

southern border program seeks to improve transit

President Nieto with his counterpart in Guatemala, Molina, yesterday announced a series of actions to garantizer more security and respect human rights of those entering to the south mexico

by making the Death Trains safer:

WITH THE CONSENT AND APPROVAL OF THE U.S. STATE DEPT FOR OVER A YEAR:

Embassy Statement

Mexico City, July 08, 2014 – We applaud yesterday’s announcement by Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto regarding Mexico’s strategy for its southern border. The Mexican government has been working on this strategy for more than a year, and has routinely briefed the U.S. government on Mexico’s objectives.

fred5678 on July 13, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Rick Perry assumed office December 21, 2000…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM

That he did. Are you taking issue with the terms of the policy of in state tuition costs to Texas High School Graduates, with at least 3 years in state residency? If so, please explain why.

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I suppose I could be first just once…

DarkCurrent on July 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM

You were, but why would you care?

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Governor Vexed With Secrecy in Sending Illegal Immigrants to Nebraska
Federal Government Says It Is Just Following the Law

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Barry sees our Constitution and code of laws as an a-la-carte menu.

slickwillie2001 on July 13, 2014 at 1:28 PM

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Nope, just pointing out when he took office…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

OC can articulate his own response to your challenge, but here’s mine:

Are you taking issue: Yes.

If so…why: Because this is a de facto form of amnesty. This policy provides to the student and/or his parents the benefit of U.S. citizenship and Texas residency. In order to benefit, one needs only to prove that one “graduated” from high school in Texas, having been a resident — legally or illegally — for three years.

I don’t know the details of the policy, and those details may answer my concerns. Clearly the policy is intended only for illegal aliens — any other legal resident who graduates from a Texas high school would be, by definition, a resident entitled to in-state college tuition benefits. That resident would also clearly be bound by all of the other requirements of U.S. citizenship and Texas law — tax filing, vehicle registration, driver licensing, and a host of fees and legal and financial commitments — none of which illegal aliens are bound by.

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 2:02 PM

“Meet the Press” on NBC
• Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif – N/A

JugEarsButtHurt on July 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Reading your comment and reflecting upon my “rating” of N/A for Javad Zarif, I realize now that while I was focused on the left – right political continuum in the U.S., I was much too charitable to Zarif.

For the record, then:

• Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif – Islamist nutjob and declared enemy of the people of the United States.

So basically a member of the liberal Democrat coalition.

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Well, it is actually quite complicated and not as simple as you articulated in your post. If you are truly interested in the issue beyond using it as a club to beat Gov. Perry over the head with, I would recomment reading the linked article…Peace…

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Just gonna leave this here…

libfreeorgan on July 13, 2014 at 1:41 PM

…opened your zipper…and didn’t find anything today?

JugEarsButtHurt on July 13, 2014 at 2:53 PM

libfreeordie on July 13, 2014 at 1:41 PM

My dog leaves better than that on the grass, libiot…

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

RINO Blog Hunters Trophy Room – The Wall Of Shame

It takes a lot to get make the RINO Trophy Room. We don’t take it lightly. For a blog to get here they have to demonstrate consistent and prolonged establishment GOP stooge behavior…

conservativeBC on July 13, 2014 at 3:35 PM

conservativeBC on July 13, 2014 at 3:35 PM

The addition of Noah Rothman sealed the deal…

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 3:59 PM