Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on July 13, 2014 by Allahpundit

It’s a tale of two borders on this morning’s Sunday shows. Bibi Netanyahu will be on “Face the Nation” and “State of the Union” to discuss Israel’s new war with Hamas while Rick Perry guests on “Fox News Sunday” and “Face the Nation” to chat about the influx of Central Americans into Texas via Mexico. Expect him to be asked too about his op-ed published yesterday in WaPo attacking Rand Paul’s foreign policy. Why, it’s almost as if he’s planning to run again in 2016.

If none of that grabs you, “This Week” has a fair ‘n balanced show planned with Eric Holder and David Plouffe. The full line-up is at Politico.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Bmore

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Not getting a lot of coverage on this yet …

Clashes in Paris as thousands march against Israel offensive

Several thousand demonstrators walked calmly through the streets of Paris behind a large banner that read “Total Support for the Struggle of the Palestinian People”. But clashes erupted at the end of the march on Bastille Square, with people throwing projectiles onto a cordon of police who responded with tear gas. The unrest continued early Sunday evening as police announced six arrests had been made. A small group tired to break into two synagogues in central Paris, a police source told AFP. Riot police dispersed the group, with two members of the Jewish community and six officers slightly injured in the ensuing scuffle, the source said. Prime Minister Manuel Valls condemned the attempted synagogue stormings “in the strongest possible terms.”

Moron Labe on July 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Well, it is actually quite complicated and not as simple as you articulated in your post. If you are truly interested in the issue beyond using it as a club to beat Gov. Perry over the head with, I would recomment reading the linked article…Peace…

bimmcorp on July 13, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I’m not much inclined to beat Perry over the head with anything, and have stated that I could probably support him as a Presidential nominee, although I would look for a conservative to support in the primary first.

As for the link, it is academic-liberal which suggests on page one the premise that it is a great national scandal that illegal aliens do not benefit from taxpayer subsidies for in-state college tuition. I disagree.

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Busy for Sunday for me but I did have a minute to hear the Isreali PM.
AND listend to many many so call journalist/news report accessments of his statements ALL DAY LONG.
NOT ONE, hear me now NOT ONE quoted Bibi’s most astoundingly accurate and TRUE statement that: “We are using our missiles to defend our people, Hamas is useing their people to defend their rocket launchers.” (I appologize if the qoute is not dead nuts accurate but you catch my meaning. RIGHT?)
I REPEAT … the Presstitutes overlooked and IGNORED and refuesed to emphasize this most ponignent and accurate accessment of the situation: Isreal uses their missiles to DEFEND their PEOPLE while HAMAS uses their PEOPLE to DEFEND their (OFFENSIVE) ROCKETS.
Get the point, NBC, CBS, etc.?
No, no you don’t.
And I venture to say if you DID you would not REPORT IT ANYWAY.

Stupid Americans.

Missilengr on July 14, 2014 at 12:02 AM

You were, but why would you care?

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 12:57 PM

It’s one of the HA rites of passage. I think AP or Ed are supposed to email me a digital honor badge for it ;)

DarkCurrent on July 14, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Jaibones on July 13, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Just letting you know, I did not miss your post. I was tending to a three year old pie eater over the weekend. As always, thank you very much. I read it to the little pie eater. She thought it funny. ; )

Bmore on July 14, 2014 at 10:27 AM