Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on July 12, 2014 by Allahpundit

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a Republican who has seen thousands of unaccompanied children flood across his state’s border, has seized the spotlight in recent days to become the national face of opposition to President Obama’s immigration policies

“This gives Gov. Perry an opportunity to take very legitimate and timely shots at the White House and the president’s failed leadership and philosophy to tour his expertise in border security and get to the heart of the immigration issue,” said Raymond Sullivan, a former adviser to Perry…

The crisis at the border has also provided Perry with the opportunity to change his image on immigration, an issue that hurt him during his 2012 run for the White House, when conservatives saw him as too soft…

Political observers expect Perry to continue to seize on the issue in the months leading up to a presidential run. “He will use it,” said Cal Jillson, a professor of political science at Southern Methodist University. “It will benefit him in Texas, and it will benefit him nationally.”

***

Amid the imagery and policy tussling Wednesday over the border immigration crisis, there was this delicious irony: The issue that confounded Rick Perry more than any other when he sought the presidency in 2012 has now given him a center stage role opposite the man who won the race…

Defining moments are often thrust upon political figures—it is far harder to create them than to rise to the occasion when they slap you in the face—and for Perry this moment came at an opportune time, just months before he leaves office and amid a national redemption tour that has brought him both praise and scorn as he considers a second presidential run in 2016…

In Perry’s ongoing national tour, he has emphasized areas where his views and record are most akin to Republicans at large. He has talked up job gains in Texas, reiterated his conservative views on gays and other issues, and exhorted his belief in a government that is small and based in the states, not D.C.

His odds in 2016 would seem to be long; the path from laughingstock to front-runner is rocky and circuitous. But the Republican field is replete with potential candidates whose upsides are negated at least in part by substantial downsides. And now Perry has a chance, if he can navigate it, to return to his party’s good graces on an issue that proved a big part of his undoing last time out.

***

[I]t does give him the chance to change the subject from his “oops” moments and remind people why they thought he had a good shot before his 2012 dreams were derailed.

“It’s a side of Rick Perry the national public really hasn’t seen that a lot of us in Texas have,” said Texas Rep. Michael McCaul, who chaired a Homeland Security field hearing on border crisis in Texas last week with Perry as lead witness. “It’s one of his most passionate issues. He’s not coming across strident; he wants to see D.C. work. He’s solution-oriented.”

One Republican operative close to Perry in Texas, who said he could not speak on the record, said that in a setting where Perry feels comfortable with an issue, “people love his ass.”

“He’s a lot smarter than he came across and sometimes comes across. Put him in that setting and he’s a stud at it,” the operative said. “He owns a small room and flops in front of the national camera.”

***

His compassionate stance toward those illegal immigrants already here (e.g. in-state tuition) that got him in hot water in 2012 now acts as validation that he is not an extremist nor is he uncaring on the issue…

He is underscoring the difference between Washington D.C. politicians who talk and governors who do things.

He gets respectful treatment from the media, which recognize his expertise on the subject and have no qualms about using him to bash the White House for its remarkably inept handling of the crisis.

When and if he does run for president the first image that pops into voters’ minds may not be the 2012 debate performances, but instead the 2014 border crisis.

***

Miller downplayed any impact from the current immigration crisis on a potential 2016 bid, saying “to me these are two completely separate issues.”

But GOP analyst Ana Navarro, a CNN contributor who’s close to former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, another possible 2016 GOP presidential contender, said “Perry embodies an interesting dynamic regarding immigration.

“He’s a border enforcement guy with the experience of being a border state governor, but he’s also shown compassion towards the human angle of the immigration debate,” she said.

Navarro added that “If he can somehow walk that tight rope, and be eloquent as to how he defends his position, it can show him as a pragmatist and be helpful.”

***

If Perry can project a relationship with Obama of fruitful contrariness – I don’t like you, but I’ll deal with you if I have tohe will have hit on an enviable political sweet spot where he can be neither faulted by the hard right for being too much in the president’s pocket nor written off as an obstructionist scold with a legislative resumé written largely in the language of “No”…

“Git ‘er done” conservatism is Perry’s trademark, in stark contrast with Your Parents’ GOP. So he has staked out a position the left – to the left! – of Obama on drug decriminalization, and got out ahead of the rising libertarian movement – Rand Paul and Cory Booker – on low-level drug crimes. Perry has already shown a deft – deft! – touch in explaining why he’s actually led the Obama administration when it comes to prison reform and alternative sentencing for non-violent drug offenders: it is, he’s said, about Christian mercy and saving money, the dual ideals of totemic importance to the GOP’s base…

He’ll have to weather some stumping, of course, and, of all the potential Republican presidential candidates, Perry stands to benefit the most from the shortened primary season and curtailed debate schedule. But it would behoove his naysayers to remember that his bad-to-weird stump performances in 2012 were a seeming anomaly in a retail politics career that once earned him comparisons to Bill Clinton and the endorsement of a liberal state congresswoman “on personal grounds” during his first gubernatorial re-election campaign.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10

Nice thing to say. :) Not very cranky, though.

Axe on July 13, 2014 at 7:05 AM

I think all those people who are always hurling epithets at each other should find a forum where they can do that. There are forums for anything. There must be one where everybody does nothing but insult each other.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 7:07 AM

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 7:07 AM

How much of the nasty name-calling that goes on around here would you attribute to trolls and their sockpuppets, and how much of it would you think would go away if they weren’t here?

Personally, I say they are the vast majority of the problem. =)

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Axe :)

cmsinaz on July 13, 2014 at 7:13 AM

DarkCurrent on July 13, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Maybe so, but I took a couple minutes to round up some of non-nonpartisan’s comments on just this 1 page:

No matter what you deny, or say about me, the evidence about you speaks for itself. You’re a malicious, narcissistic liar. This means you are trash.
You have no problem calling politicians names, and questioning their sincerity, but you whine like a big baby when the table is turned on you, hypocrite.
Not only do I not have problems with everyone I disagree with here, I don’t have problems with most. The natural question is, why do I have problems only with some I disagree with, not all? I can answer this very, very well. And the people who have problems with me when we disagree not only cannot give a straight answer as to why, they aren’t even interested in making an honest attempt to answer it.
You’re delusional, and you’re projecting, which is totally expected from someone like you who misrepresents others without shame.
Too bad for you I’m not interested in explaining myself to lying trolls like you. =)
But, I’m not like you. Your juvenile, transparent trolling doesn’t provoke me like you hope, and as we know, you are too stupid to understand this, which is why you keep trying, failure after failure.
bluegill is massively despised around here, I’m not. If you were smarter, you sincerely investigate why someone like me is not nearly as unpopular as “she” is.
Who here do think would listen to this, and buy it? lol You show you’re a pathetic, ill-willed person for even trying.
Like a good little troll, you chose to ignore my effort to get at what’s behind bluegill’s massive unpopularity, and tried to make the focus on me.
So, why don’t you stop being a coward, and tell us exactly why you think bluegill is so despised around here, and I’m not?
You never stop whining, do you? lol It’s really pathetic how thin your skin is.
Yes, there it is. Like a baby, you don’t want to give a straight response to this-you’d rather attack me, troll lol
How stupid are you? Would I have even talked about you in this thread if you hadn’t brought me up in the first place? You are the biggest whiner I’ve ever seen on this site.
F%#ck You!!!!
non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 7:04 AM (last)

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 7:14 AM

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 7:14 AM

I love your obsession with me, bitter stalker. =)

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 7:16 AM

And why did you include

F%#ck You!!!!

to make it look like it came from me when I was quoting uncoolrepublica? You are a pathetic, defamatory loser, aJ lol

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 7:20 AM

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 7:14 AM

It’s just a matter of time.

“The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echo the impermanence of all things…”

~ Heike Monogatari

DarkCurrent on July 13, 2014 at 7:24 AM

I’m for the end of Macbeth. He’s about to buy it, the murderous jackwagon.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, SOPHIE RO!

See you in my dreams, you fine, long-legged hyper-babe. In my prayers, too. If I weren’t a praying man before, I would be now.

<–Runs from sun.

Axe on July 13, 2014 at 7:24 AM

This troll stuff is pretty stupid. Seems that whenever someone disagrees with certain people, they call them a troll.

As for the name calling and nastiness, we tolerate it, so I guess that’s what we collectively want.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 13, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 13, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Is it your contention that no trolls exist at HA?

Do you know this character? Have you ever noticed his race-baiting, and his bad habit of trying to derail threads?

I have said many times that I post here for gags, stunts and shows.

libfreeordie on June 24, 2014 at 9:00 PM

How would you label him, considering this admission and his other behaviors?

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 7:33 AM

I have always been a fan of Perry, I think his “stumbles” were blown way out of proportion, and designed to take him out of the race, and “conservatives” fell into that trap, so easy for the media to manipulate.

He would make a great president, but the media will destroy him and like I said, the conservatives will just fall into line…

right2bright on July 13, 2014 at 7:59 AM

trans texas corridor perry.

he’s shown his true stripes.

they’re painted over election season.

renalin on July 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM

“Don’t call it a comeback… I’ve been here for years.”

Quote on the front page “Comeback” reminded me of LL Cool J.

Mornin’ all. Illinois is now a lush rain forest. Soon to be revisited by the cooling Polar Summer Vortex. Global… Climate… Whatever they will be calling raining and cooling. Will it be the next lucrative preoccupation of the Algore money laundering syndicate?

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 8:58 AM

trans texas corridor perry.

he’s shown his true stripes.

they’re painted over election season.

renalin on July 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Well, it does make shipping illegal aliens into the interior United States more efficient. :-)

Hi Ren.

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM

trans texas corridor perry.

he’s shown his true stripes.

they’re painted over election season.

renalin on July 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Hi Ren.

Fallon on July 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Working for Warren Buffett & California dockworkers OR just suckers for disinformation?

Kermit on July 13, 2014 at 9:08 AM

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 7:14 AM

wth?

Suck up tattle tale.

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 9:09 AM

right2bright on July 13, 2014 at 7:59 AM

They sure will, but not Conservatives. The hard-line GOP will will, but that usually doesn’t connote “Conservative” for me anymore.

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Rick Perry has seized the spotlight to become the national face of opposition to President Obama’s immigration policies…

FALSE

Perry should have called out the Texas National Guard.

More Kabuki theater. Not buying US Chamber of Corrupt Crony Capitalism BS any more.

Jayrae on July 13, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Being seen on the border talking to Hannity and saying all the right things looks good but he really isn’t doing what he could do. And we can’t trust anybody now. In the past he’s been on board with illegals in the state. People change their minds but I don’t know.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 9:29 AM

If Perry is serious about running for POTUS in 2016 he’d better disassociate himself from Henry Barbour.

RACIST bomb throwing Henry Barbour and Stuart Stevens are officially OUT OF BUSINESS.

No conservative will ever vote for a candidate that hires them.

Rabid, corrupt, Big Government loving Barbour and Stevens took the gloves off, let the mask drop, and let every conservative in the nation know they believe they are a racist when they ran Cochran’s campaign.

Actions have consequences.

Remember Mississippi! This ain’t going away.

Jayrae on July 13, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Blessed Sabbath, y’all!

Traditional Marriage remains the Bedrock of our society. Without a man and a woman creating and raising children in “the way in which they should go”, a society quickly crumbles.

My take:

kingsjester on July 13, 2014 at 9:38 AM

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Tattle tale? Like this is grade school instead of a professional political website for adults. I come on this site and it’s stock full of insults and profanity, but worse of all is when I myself am the butt of all that. And never do I engage people aggressively here. I just like to contribute to the conversation. But in response from non-nonpartisan on at least 3 occasions I’ve been met with derision and insults, not civil discussion. Thanks for your sympathy.

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Take Care and God Bless You All!!

{{Pass this on}} Thank You!!

***POP***

Scrumpy on July 13, 2014 at 5:19 AM

Hey, Scrumpy! {{{{{scrumpy}}}}}}} So good to hear from you. Hope you and yours are doing well. Got a few on QOTD pining for you, luv. Come join in when you can!

lineholder on July 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM

My exact thoughts when I read you comment.

You attributed this to non nonpartisan also. Was that intentional?

F%#ck You!!!!
non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 7:04 AM (last)

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 7:14 AM

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Scrumpy on July 13, 2014 at 5:19 AM

By the way Scrumpy, Hi! I was just going to respond to your earlier poem or recital, just to say Hi like that, and just at that moment non-nonpartisan started ripping into me, so I sort of retreated from further conversations. I did say to non-nonpartisan in response to his long rant against me by saying “A little bitter, aren’t you.” I was trying to be reserved about it, because that was an understatement. Anyway, I always appreciate the way you cheer this place up Scrumpy.

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Look at how self-centered you are.

You’re a narcissist and a GIGANTIC, bitter crybaby who still holds on to past “slights.” As I pointed out, you are the one who emotionally decided to talk in this thread about events from our past while whining about me, and then you have the chutzpah to declare me the “predatory” and “bitter” one lmao

Let me highlight some of your handiwork.

F%#ck You!!!!
non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 7:04 AM (last)

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 7:14 AM

You intentionally edited my quoting of uncoolrepublica to make it appear as if I had said that. Why don’t you tell me what kind of person would do that?

You owe me an apology for that, as well as for some of your other malicious misrepresentations of me. I don’t expect anything from you, however. I think you are a completely disgusting person. I am dead serious when I say this-I think you have a thinner skin than Obama. I don’t believe you like free speech. Do you understand yet why I dislike you so? =)

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 10:29 AM

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM

What non-nonpartisan did was a replay an uncool comment from coolrepublica with about 20 eff yous, so replaying that off the wall comment in itself was a bit much in light of all the insults that he was letting lose, comment after comment, to several of us. So that 1 line I put for the eff you represented his replaying that lengthy comment. Maybe I could have included a footnote on that, but this isn’t a court of law though as it’s obvious what non-nonpartisan said, just click on page 9 for all of his insulting comments, including the one with the 20 eff yous, as well as my comments where it’s clear I was not responding in kind. But talk about tattle tale, what’s non-nonpartisan himself doing in calling out comments by coolrepublica and libfreeordie?

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM

You attributed this to non nonpartisan also. Was that intentional?

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM

It had to be intentional-he couldn’t have avoided reading all of my post when he was deciding what he’d choose to omit.

And after seeing how much he lies and avoids taking personal responsibility for his own actions, I would trust any denial from him as much as I do bluegill’s. =)

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM

And what was I just saying about “intentional”? lmao

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM

So much for “the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth,” eh, aj? You are a wicked person-no wonder I get under your skin so much lmao

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 10:46 AM

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Not sure what you said there but the question was, do “you” understand it appears very much like you attributed a profanity tirade of coolrepublica’s to non-nonpartisan?

You were either mistaken about the comments origin or deliberately tried to attribute the comment to non-nonpartisan.

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM

You are a wicked person-no wonder I get under your skin so much lmao

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 10:46 AM

If you think I’m so wicked then go ahead and report me to HA, if you know how to do that.

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM

He indicated he wasn’t mistaken, that he did it intentionally. He’s a bad person. And he cannot stand to hear it, which is why he whines about me so, and wants me banned. =)

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM

You’re a clown-why would you think I’d want to have you banned? Oh, because you think I’m just like you when it comes to spiteful bannings, fascist lmao

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 10:46 AM

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM

No one is wicked. How about we all put on our big boy pants.

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Yeah, I should have said the line for the eff you represented the replay of coolrepublica’s comment that had about 20 eff yous in it, but in the face of all the insults above that, I’d say this is making a mountain out of molehill.

Look, I just gathered up a bunch of ugly words from non-nonpartisan’s comments. This is the comment, so it’s clear what the single eff you represented: http://hotair.com/archives/2014/07/12/quotes-of-the-day-1788/comment-page-9/#comment-8291356

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM

No one is wicked. How about we all put on our big boy pants.

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM

No one? Not even Hamas?

People who defame others without guilt are wicked. aJ has acted this way toward me. Therefore, he is wicked.

Find fault with that logic, if you can. =)

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Scrumpy on July 13, 2014 at 5:19 AM

That is so sweet!

Cindy Munford on July 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM

The ol’, “I should have, but…it’s mostly the other guy’s fault for my mistake!” lmao

You’re quite the rationalizer. =)

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM

“clear” to whom? You’re still lying.

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 11:12 AM

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM

You know what I mean. You could do a little less poking too.

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM

You know what I mean. You could do a little less poking too.

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Lol on that. He’s going after his own supporters!

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM

You know what I mean. You could do a little less poking too.

hawkdriver on July 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Since I am not “poking” for the same reason aJ is, I have nothing to change about my approach to him. He’s a liar, not a good person.

And lookie here, he is still misrepresenting me in a malicious manner! lmao

Lol on that. He’s going after his own supporters!

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM

hd, please ask yourself until you have a good answer, what kind of person feels justified in his defaming of others? Do you think aJ’s being led by the Holy Spirit when he lies about me? lol

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Luv your poem Miss Scrumpy!

31giddyup on July 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM

What Obama does is rule by lie.

Then he sits smug and watches as we fight one another about what to do and noting gets done.

Then he lies on another thng and another and another.

All the while this finger fight and the word fight in the Congress.

End result the two party evil money cult gets it lust saited by the vote/wage slave import bussiness.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on July 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Luv your poem Miss Scrumpy!

31giddyup on July 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM

+1 Be well, Scumps.

p.s. moved it to Ed’s reflections thread.

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 1:14 PM

anotherJoe on July 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I only read this page, and it seemed to me that non-nonpartisan had written that (which lowered my opinion of him), but now I’ve learned that you deliberately misquoted him (and refuse to apologize for doing so) – which lowers my opinion of you.

You should have provided a footnote. Do you think accuracy is only important in court?

corkie on July 13, 2014 at 1:25 PM

What Obama does is rule by lie.

Then he lies on another thng and another and another.

All the while this finger fight and the word fight in the Congress.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on July 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM

You speak the truth APACHEWHOKNOWS.

I cannot understand why they are doing this to their citizen brothers and sisters.

31giddyup on July 13, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Coming this fall: Holt vs. Hobbs RFRA case for Muslim religious rights

lineholder on July 13, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Hope G2M is alright, I just sent him an email…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Hope G2M is alright, I just sent him an email…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I thought of him last night and this a.m. Please convey to him that we fight together. I’m not his/our enemy. I’m just the enemy of the DIABLOs, who enable the D-rats in DC.

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Done…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 2:02 PM

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Thank you both. We’ve lost kennedy49 as well (or she may be lurking…I don’t know). G2M was the one she spent the most time with.

lineholder on July 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Hope G2M is alright, I just sent him an email…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I sent him one too but remember his email wasn’t working.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I also hope G2M is okay. I’ve miss him too.

31giddyup on July 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I sent him one too but remember his email wasn’t working.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM

My outlook account goes through to him so he should have got it…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 3:06 PM

I’m watching soccer. What do people get out of yelling. You can’t understand one from another and I can’t understand the announcers. The only way I know what’s happening is if the score changes.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 4:43 PM

right2bright

All I can do is tell you, from an up close and personal perspective, is that PERRY took himself out and the media really had nothing to do with it. A LOT of people were looking to him to do well.

I went into Presidency 5 (our FL version of a straw poll) in Orlando as a delegate and a firm Perry supporter, along at least a third of my pretty large county delegation. We met and heard (because there was also a GOP Presidential Primary debate televised by Fox one night ~ yes, THE infamous yell and “have a heart” one and I was there ~ as well as a CPACFL at the same time.) numerous times from ALL the candidates (save Mitt), as well as receptions, etc. Perry stumbled straight out of the box and we were all shocked. Everyone gave him chance after another chance (the CPAC speech) and, again, underwhelming. Apparently HE knew as well that he was rapidly on the wane, because, the day of Pres5 voting, when every candidate has 20 minutes or so in front of JUST the delegates to make his case, he had already LEFT. He sent a last minute surrogate, when believe you me, he NEEDED that last minute shot at all of those conservatives in the audience. And that was that for him, cut and dry. He got buried in the vote.

I had been talking to Byron York about the fade outside one of the meeting rooms and FL Rep Scott Plakon, with his wife, walked up and the first thing out of THEIR mouths was ‘WOW’ as well. It was THE TALK of the convention.

He truly disappointed thousands of people who had a different Perry in their heads than the one that they saw in person.

tree hugging sister on July 13, 2014 at 5:05 PM

tree hugging sister on July 13, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Thanks for your valuable input. It sounds like he wasn’t prepared. Maybe he has learned from it. I guess we’ll find out before it’s too late. Assuming there is an election.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 5:21 PM

The Germans got a point.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 5:27 PM

You’re welcome. He broke a lot of hearts, Perry did. ESPECIALLY if you’d been WAITING for him to finally jump in. I mean, NOW we know all about the back surgery, etc., but it was awful then. I found the post I did when I got home and what I’d written was:

“…Plus, the candidates were going to speak at as well. So how’d it go. Cain? He built on that impressive debate with his rock-the-house CPAC appearance after Perry’s was appallingly lacklustre lead-off. Like, “yikes”? Didn’t somebody tell him he needed to step it up? SOOOOOO not good and THAT was the buzz. Well, when people weren’t talking about Herman Cain.

Saturday, almost all were going to give Perry one last shot, that third chance at redemption (“Jesus, buddy…show us SOMETHING?!?!“) during the candidates’ speeches FOR the P5 delegates. By that time, I was pretty firmly in Cain’s camp, but still had an open mind/wanted to be fair. Which is exactly what I told Byron York when I saw him on my way over to the Convention center, after skipping the big breakfast Perry had put on for the delegates. As we were talking about my impressions and Byron had just finished saying, “I’m hearing that from a lot of people”, we were joined by a Florida legislator named Scott Plakon and his lovely wife…”

tree hugging sister on July 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Germany won.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Germany won.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM

What was the score?

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 6:14 PM

What was the score?

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 6:14 PM

i to 0 in overtime or whatever they call it.

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Soccer is a strange game, not much of a fan…

OmahaConservative on July 13, 2014 at 7:18 PM

corkie on July 13, 2014 at 1:25 PM

And he did that intentionally to try to get others to lower their opinion of me.

As I have asked, what kind of person would have such bad intent to do that to someone else? It’s evil behavior. We should expect that kind of crap from trolls, not people like aJ.

non-nonpartisan on July 13, 2014 at 8:45 PM

crankyoldlady on July 13, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Yes ma’am, and the only way I know when the game is over is when the stands empty on to the field and the fans start beating the crap out of each other.

partsnlabor on July 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM

My take:

kingsjester on July 13, 2014 at 9:38 AM

What do you think of people divorcing, remarrying, divorcing and remarrying? It seems to be a practice contrary to traditional marriage and one which is undermining the stability of American society. I’d love to hear your take on that.

DarkCurrent on July 14, 2014 at 3:43 AM