Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law

posted at 2:41 pm on July 10, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Let’s just say that this isn’t going to make Burger King’s rainbow Whopper highlight reel in terms of public relations. A woman wearing her work uniform threatened, attacked, and berated pro-life demonstrators who didn’t appear to be anywhere near a BK outlet in Columbus, Ohio. She started off by loudly insisting that a baby at the 12-week gestational mark has no distinguishing features whatsoever — yelling incoherently about “clump of cells” at one point to the bemused but disciplined young man — and then started kicking signs and shoving protesters, all on camera (warning: language NSFW):

It’s not difficult to catalog the number of potential legal issues that Victoria Duran creates for herself here, or for that matter credibility issues. It’s amusing in one respect to see someone so passionately engaged in exposing her ignorance of human biology while attempting to lecture someone else about it, as well as her ignorance on basic American civics. I’m sure that a few die-hard supporters of Planned Parenthood would applaud the “no uterus, no right to talk about it!” Duran declaration, but as the police must have informed her at the end of this spree, that’s far from the case here in the US.

Duran’s charmless ignorance extends to the law, too, as this update from the local ABC/Fox affiliate demonstrates:

“The first amendment protects them from government interference it doesn’t protect them from people basically telling them they’re idiots.”

“But you assaulted them.”

“Assault? I wouldn’t necessarily say shoving them aside and telling them to keep the camera out of my face as assault.”

“You think it’s okay to push people?”

“I believe that I had the right to tell them the did not have my consent to film me,” said Duran.

Created Equal says Duran is charged with assault and criminal damaging.

Duran wouldn’t talk about her legal troubles but said she has no regrets.

If you wouldn’t say that “shoving them aside” is assault, well, you’re going to need a lawyer who understands that this isn’t just assault but also battery. Assault is making a threat of violence, and battery is carrying it out. Duran had the right to tell the demonstrators that they’re idiots — that is a First Amendment right — but Created Equal has the right to free speech on public property. They also have the right to film in the public square, especially for a newsworthy event such as assault and battery. Assault on the demonstrators and destruction of their property is not protected speech, but crimes just as it would be in any other context. And admitting to the charges on the TV news makes it pretty clear exactly who the idiot is in this case.

Huffington Post reported yesterday that buffer zones around abortion clinics are falling across the nation after the McCullen decision:

Two weeks after the Supreme Court ruled that Massachusetts’ protective buffer zone around abortion clinics violates the free speech rights of protesters, four other buffer zones around the country have already disappeared or been challenged in court.

The City Council of Portland, Maine, repealed its 39-foot buffer zone around a women’s health clinic this week, and the cities of Burlington, Vermont, and Madison, Wisconsin, have stopped enforcing their buffer zones. In Burlington, people had been legally prohibited from protesting within 35 feet of the clinic, and Madison had a “floating” buffer zone that prohibited protesters from coming within eight feet of a patient entering or exiting an abortion clinic.

Maybe the buffer has been around the wrong people all along.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Maybe I’m missing somehting but it seems this video is evidence of the stark contrast between (what I am assuming) are Progs vs. Cons child rearing abilities… The guy seen in the video at the begnning in the background couldn’t have been more than 20 years old, the guy filming the video didn’t sound like he was out of his teens yet… and yet they both handled themselves with greater respect, restarint and ‘professionalism’ than the ‘girl’ displayed, and she looked to be well on her way to the big 3-0 ! Maybe….perhaps…possibly THAT’s why they aren’t the ones in the BK shirt ???

Von Kleist on July 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Does killing babies make sense….why should they make sense….fact and truth mean nothing to them…..their eyes are blinded by satans lies

crosshugger on July 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM

And the 2014 Sandra Fluke Cosmology College Miss(?) Congeniality Award goes to…

Left Coast Right Mind on July 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM

So that means she wants Roe overturned, huh? I mean all those men deciding it… must have gotten it wrong, huh?

ajacksonian on July 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Ignorance is the second key requirement for liberalism leftists. The first is narcissism.

John the Libertarian on July 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM

A phony libertarian who doesn’t know the meaning of “liberal”.

earlgrey on July 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

And it wasn’t until after that I even knew what the protest/crowd was even about. I along with several pro-choice and anti-choice folks who’d been involved communed about what an a&&hole the guy was.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that you made that up. Because many here often commune about what an i&&ecile you are.

spiritof61 on July 10, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Speaks volumes that you find this true story to be unbelievable.
But you got me…it was Brookline, MA – which is not Boston.
I lived in Coolidge Corner there for a number of years.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

What is that thing…?

Seven Percent Solution on July 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I sure as hell hope Burger King canned her.

Bitter Clinger on July 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Home of the gay Whopper? I doubt it.

Just for the record: image of 12-week fetus in utero

Missy on July 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Definitely gubernatorial or senatorial material!

txdoc on July 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Racist. She’s ready for the Oval Office now. Can’t wait to hear her foreign policy ideas.

spiritof61 on July 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Not sure which is the most obvious bullshit; this or the “OMG EVERY PERSON IN GEORGIA IS A RACIST, I SAW IT MYSELF!” crap from one of the other interchangeable f*ckwit trolls.

Midas on July 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Had this Kraken assaulted some gay illegal aliens, though…

Midas on July 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Don’t drag poor POTUS into dis here discussion.

/LMAO

Key West Reader on July 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM

LOLOL

Ok, thankfully I was not taking a swig of my Diet Coke when I read that.

Midas on July 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Why not contact BK’s public relations dept with a link to the youtube video? I did.

fatherspledge on July 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM

So I have adblocker, ‘click to play’ selected to avoid autoplay stuff… where’s the “don’t even show me any threads posted by Noah” button?

Midas on July 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I thought it was Rosie O’Donnell…with better teeth

Bevan on July 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Yeah I saw this on Daily Caller and loved “racist!!” when what appears to be the single black woman on the video seems to either side with the boys or be part of their group. KUDOS to her if she was just a passer byer intent on stopping a rhinoceros attack.

Marcus on July 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I wonder how she treats customers @ her BK ?
With so much rage and malice, she should not be trusted with food , specially for kids and families.

burrata on July 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM

What is that thing…?

Seven Percent Solution on July 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Not *clinkable!* ; )

Bmore on July 10, 2014 at 3:46 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

But, you see, we don’t believe you. Your credibility is zero. Personal anecdotes won’t cut it any more. Provide a link or try to craft a rational argument with those Fact Thingies when you comment. Or better still–remain silent.

spiritof61 on July 10, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Classic Stage 1 full retard leftwing idiot…can’t think for themselves, everyone who disagrees is a racist (not quite sure how that fit into her(?) incoherent and unintelligent argument), and is perpetually clueless on the law (kinda sounds like the boy price we have as president).

As for why she is not spending a night or 2 in jail….not sure but ignorance of the law is not and will not ever be an excuse…

terlizzi99 on July 10, 2014 at 3:46 PM

they know they are supporting something morally wrong. they feel guilty, that’s why they go crazy.

Sachiko on July 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM

You give me hope.

Cindy Munford on July 10, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Photographic evidence that Rosie O’Donnell & Tiny Tim conceived offspring.

Chickyraptor on July 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

When you don’t have a point, invent an anecdote. Liberal liars, yeah, they really do exist.

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I have more of one than this video does.
The only ones who come off well are the cops at the end.
The protestors didn’t all feel threatened…standing closely to her and then following her.
She was worked up and emotional – and none of the protestors showed an ounce compassion. She was a freak show to get on tape and then send off to go viral.
The shouldn’t have taken enjoyment in her meltdown and filmed her.
She should be ashamed of her actions and behavior – but they have nothing to be proud of.
The cops demonstrated how to be decent in a situation like that.
That should be the example.
And if that’s lost on you…than that’s lost on you.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Just for the record, You can walk through developmental photos of a growing baby at webmd. At 8 weeks the baby is 1/2 inch, has arms, legs, fingers, toes, a face with forming eyelids and ears

At twelve weeks the baby is now 2 inches long. The eyelids are formed and closed. It makes its own movements, has a heartbeat, pink skin, and sex organs becoming defined

A precious 2 inch long pink sleeping baby

These are the pictures they do not show in school. In school you get pictures of condoms, or maybe you just get condom training

The children are being brainwashed to believe in the Blob of Cells. It is easier to believe the lie, than to face consequences for sex

Such pictures of what is aborted are the reason Matt Drudge was kicked off of FOX. He wanted to show the real deal to his audience. Who else had the guts in all these years? No one on MSM touches the subject or they are banished

entagor on July 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM

crosshugger on July 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM

I could understand (kinda) if a person were pro abortion, but what I don’t get are the types that are so wild-eyed and crazy about it? It’s not a nice thing, it’s not a pretty thing-it’s a sad thing.

I do understand those on our side that get crazy about this-what can be more awful than ending the life of someone before they even have a chance? But I don’t condone violence including murder of those involved in abortion. One could make the argument that it stops killers from killing, but it does seem hypocritical to me. Not only that, what if a pregnant woman or baby are accidentally killed in a shooting or bombing? Do we accept that as “collateral damage”?

Be that as it may, we’ll never reach a compromise on this issue…and it’s not due solely to the most vocal on each side of the fence. The modern American courts and government are full of those that lean towards the Progressive/Eugenics model.

I am hard-pressed to think how anyone with a degree in biology (thinking of expert witnesses and such in a court case) could not say that when conception takes place, a genetically unique, live individual has formed? If they make the argument to the contrary, they are lying and have deluded themselves despite their knowledge.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 10, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Typical Obama voter.

tommer74 on July 10, 2014 at 3:53 PM

There was a singer in the 60′s who performed under the name of “Tiny Tim”. Looking at that still shot, I thought this might be his daughter…

oldleprechaun on July 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM

And the 2014 Sandra Fluke Cosmology College Miss(?) Congeniality Award goes to…

Left Coast Right Mind on July 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Rosa DeLauro

Caution! Eye bleach is optional

Key West Reader on July 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

There are crazies on all sides but after 20 years I think pro-Lifers have gotten used to being belittled. I would assume this young lady has become newly riled up because Hobby Lobby will only pay for 16 of 20 forms of birth control for their employees. You can see why she would be unhinged.

Cindy Munford on July 10, 2014 at 3:55 PM

entagor on July 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I have yet to see a state-adopted biology text that fails to show photographs of human infants in the womb at various stages of development-so I don’t really know what you’re referring to?

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 10, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Abortion stops a beating heart.

davidk on July 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Photographic evidence that Rosie O’Donnell & Tiny Tim conceived offspring.

Yeah, but which one of them carried that thing to term?

Dirty Creature on July 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM

A phony libertarian who doesn’t know the meaning of “liberal”.

earlgrey on July 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Thank you for proving my point.

John the Libertarian on July 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Rosa DeLauro

Caution! Eye bleach is optional

Key West Reader on July 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM

You have unleashed Rosa. Have mercy on us. Take pity on us. One does not look into the face of the Gorgon and live.

spiritof61 on July 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I didn’t know Russell Brand moonlighted at BK.

kpguru on July 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM

He’s put on a few pounds too.

kpguru on July 10, 2014 at 4:03 PM

The only ones who come off well are the cops at the end.
The shouldn’t have taken enjoyment in her meltdown and filmed her.
The cops demonstrated how to be decent in a situation like that.
That should be the example.
And if that’s lost on you…than that’s lost on you.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM

What is not lost on me is that the protestors followed the woman, because at least one of them had just been assaulted and battered and did not want the perp to escape, which she tried to do.

stvnscott on July 10, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Maybe the buffer has been around the wrong people all along.

We knew that…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Pretty much sums it up. Oh, and be sure to use movement-correct terminology, like “anti-choice”. That really sells people on the authenticity of your fiction.

stvnscott on July 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Wow..the hottest whopper on HotAir

txdoc on July 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Did I ever tell you guys about the time an anti-baby protester drop kicked my 4 week old puppy into a trashcan?

I know you’re not going to believe it, but unhinged liberals do exist.

A few years back (ok,20 or so) I was walking past a protest in Bayonne, New Jersey. I’d just jumped ship from a tramp steamer in from Hong Kong. Frankly I was upset with the nightly vegetable portions. I digress.

I had to intercede when an unhinged anti-baby protestor who was profanely bear training a young girl, suddenly began to push up against her… slowly but oh so diabolically pushing her towards and into the street and an oncoming motorcycle gang of circle little people. I ripped my button-down shirt open to display my super-suit emblem and jumped in the middle to push him back and away – quickly assisted other figments of my imagination along with several visitors from the planet of Omicron Persei 8.

And it wasn’t until after that I even knew what the protest/crowd was even about. I along with several Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) folks who’d been involved communed about what an terrible poopie head the guy was.

What?

Puppy?

What puppy?

Oh, right, the puppy. Then he drop-kicked my puppy into a trashcan.

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM

She’ll be replacing Debbie Wasserman-Shultz as the new Democratic spokeswoman.

Cherokee on July 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM

El Rushbo’s Undeniable Truths of Life #24

24. Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society.

‘Nuff Said…

blockchords on July 10, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Just watched the video…she’s quite the charmer, isn’t she.

o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Ernest Saves Abortion

OxyCon on July 10, 2014 at 4:26 PM

When I saw the screen cap, I swear to you, I thought that was a guy.

CurtZHP on July 10, 2014 at 4:29 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Cindy Munford on July 10, 2014 at 3:55 PM

I can think of a thousand reasons.
Maybe she was raised by pro-life zealots and she’s rebelling. Maybe she was raised by pro-choice zealots who never taught her how to make a reasoned argument calmly.
Maybe she was a victim of sexual assault when she was young – or something else happened that makes this a very charged issue for her emotionally.
Maybe she has mental health issues and is off or unable to afford her meds.
Maybe she’s just intensely unhappy and depressed and this manifests itself in unkind and emotional behavior towards others.
Who knows?
But one shouldn’t seek or take pleasure in it.
What are the anti-choice folks’ reasons/excuses for their behavior?

This all offers absolute nothing to/for/about this issue of abortion.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

That’s a woman? Are we sure?

gophergirl on July 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM

IT’S PAT!

Ward Cleaver on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

You mean having a baby isn’t a pro-choice?

o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

The shouldn’t have taken enjoyment in her meltdown and filmed her.
The cops demonstrated how to be decent in a situation like that.
That should be the example.
And if that’s lost on you…than that’s lost on you.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM

F.U.

Love,
The Tea Party

/You hypocritical bastige.

Key West Reader on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

A-yup

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 4:34 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

News alert.

There is something called birth control pills that keep a woman from getting pregnant. See Sandra Fluck.

There are things called condoms that males can use to keep from impregnating females. See Sandra Fluck.

The era of surgical abortions is over. See above.

The “need” for “surgical abortions” has long passed, unless you are willing to kill a living child, in its womb for financial, personal or other reasons.

The era of the need for “Abortion” is over.

Key West Reader on July 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM

It’s anti-abortion.

Your “choice” involves aborting a baby. A living human being. Maybe you should take a cue from your contrived terminology that seems designed to hid what the practice actually is and that the practice is fundamentally pretty monstrous.

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 4:37 PM

A phony libertarian who doesn’t know the meaning of “liberal”. earlgrey on July 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Yeah, no one had any idea what he meant until your ham fist came crashing down.

liberal

lib·er·al
[lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl]
adjective
1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2. (often initial capital letter ) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.
4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.

Akzed on July 10, 2014 at 4:37 PM

stvnscott on July 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM

So if Pro-lifers are Anti-choice, then it must follow that Pro-choicers are Anti-life.

Left Coast Right Mind on July 10, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Oh man, that sure is one unpleasant clump of cells!

damage done on July 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM

I have more of one than this video does.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM

But your story was made up. As far as I know, to create a fake video of an unhinged liberal pro-abortion nut would take quite so talent and time. So, the video is real and your story is as fake as Hillary’s snipers.

I’ll take a documented event over your contrived “point” any day of the week.

And really, all the dialogue about the police officer, it made zero sense. You had peaceful demonstrators who were verbally and physically attacked by a leftist nut. Rather than act like her and return her hate with more violence, they called a cop.

That’s the whole story. Nothing left to invent.

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Your “choice” involves aborting a baby. A living human being. Maybe you should take a cue from your contrived terminology that seems designed to [hide] what the practice actually is and that the practice is fundamentally pretty monstrous.

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 4:37 PM

But, just talking:

Drained Brain on July 3, 2014 at 12:58 PM

But that’s what’s tweaking me. It wasn’t banal for her. Nothing routine, boring about any of it at all. Everywhere the reality touched her life, it was unexpectedly and noticeably ugly. From her being proud enough to brandish it and having that illusion ripped apart by the cab driver; to the shadow she saw and felt in the waiting room, where she expected energetic enthusiasm (she brought a movie camera) — all of it was remarkably (exceptional and worthy of being marked down) dark and bad.

All that I get, actually. Every time I’ve gone down the garden path, it promised me one thing and delivered another. Every time. What I don’t get is how she is fiercely fighting to remain as clueless as she was walking into it. She seems to have learned nothing. On purpose.

. . .

Axe on July 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM

^ I’m not sure the cloak is even required, or if it were gone, anything would actually change for them.

Axe on July 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I think she is just pissed because she hasn’t even had the opportunity to have an abortion because no man would touch that beastly looking thing.

The Notorious G.O.P on July 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Fat, loud, and ugly is no way to go through life.

Adjoran on July 10, 2014 at 4:48 PM

This all offers absolute nothing to/for/about this issue of abortion.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Maybe but it is going to say a lot about her for a long long time and even though I was one of the first to be ridiculous about her looks, it doesn’t really make any difference about the source of her problems since she decided to share them with the world. Not a very wise decision.

Cindy Munford on July 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Axe on July 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Well said

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Yes, what a shock that they would follow somebody who was walking towards more of their property in order to destroy it.

none of the protestors showed an ounce compassion.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM

So now her poor behavior is their fault because they did not provide the requisite amount of coddling.

You say they have nothing to be proud of, but you can’t name one thing they did wrong. They didn’t assault her, they didn’t attack her character, they didn’t so much as raise their voice against her.

The only kind of people who can be the subject of a freak show, are freaks. And I hope I am enough of an ambassador for the city to reassure people that not everyone (hardly anyone, in fact) here behaves like her.

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I don’t see the point in showing a hateful, dumb pro-choicer. You find many hateful, dumb pro-lifers. An oversupply of hateful, dumb people is what both movements have in common. But to really get to crazy you need to read “pro-life” websites. Today, lifesitenews, an evil font of misinformation, published an article explaining that the anti-vaccination people are right about inoculations against Measles, Mumps, Rubella causing autism. This is a false idea that the Public Health field has been trying to quash for ages so that real, actual children–not fetuses–won’t die from these diseases.
The pro-life angle was that certain vaccines which aren’t unethical from their perspective don’t cause autism. Top pro-lifer epidemiologists also found today that masturbation causes hair to grow on boys’ palms.

thuja on July 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM

What are the anti-choice folks’ reasons/excuses for their behavior?

This all offers absolute nothing to/for/about this issue of abortion.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Well let’s recap.

Their behavior was standing there while Duran charged them like a wildebeest in heat.

Their behavior was remaining calm while Duran called them mother-flukers and misogynist and let loose with a spittle storm of other epithets 3 inches from their face.

Their behavior was calmly filming the psychopath as she charged through their signs like Moochelle obama at an all you can eat lobster buffet.

They captured her rant because she physically assaulted them and destroyed their property. All within their rights to do so.

Sometimes you should just remain quiet and let let everyone see what a moronic POS you are.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 4:58 PM

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM

But your story was made up.

No, but whatever.

That’s the whole story. Nothing left to invent.

Except for your narrative.

I see nothing admirable in the filming and gleeful sharing and snickering.
You see it as heroic, or something.
But again…whatever.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM

thuja on July 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM

So was that you or your mom in the video?

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I can think of a thousand reasons.
Maybe she was raised by pro-life zealots and she’s rebelling.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Not possible. She is far too ignorant of human development.

See above. There was no reason in her screeching tirade. Calmly being ignorant would not have improved her obvious cluelessness.

So rape victims want the unborn murdered to assuage their own inner turmoil?

Maybe she has mental health issues and is off or unable to afford her meds.

Maybe.

I think that’s sort of obvious.

Who knows?

Not you.

But one shouldn’t seek or take pleasure in it.
What are the anti-choice folks’ reasons/excuses for their behavior?

They are trying to save lives. Oh wait, are you referring to your silly anecdote above? I challenge you to produce a video of a pro-life advocate acting like a shrill banshee like the shrill banshee in this video.

This all offers absolute nothing to/for/about this issue of abortion.

It offers a lot for those of us who aren’t dishonest douchetards.

We know that far too many on the pro-abortion side spread ignorance and misinformation because they can’t win the debate on the merits, and what we see in this video is a product of that. When they can’t win on the merits they get violent.

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM

But one shouldn’t seek or take pleasure in it.

I’m sure you have some evidence that demonstrates they went looking around the city until they found her, and then dragged her over to the pictures in order to exploit her reaction.

What are the anti-choice folks’ reasons/excuses for their behavior?

What behavior do you mean? And I think you misspelled anti-death.

This all offers absolute nothing to/for/about this issue of abortion.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

An excellent point, her physical and verbal assault did nothing to enlighten the issue.

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I wonder what “she” uses her uterus for?….

Just another example of the tolerant yet ignorant left.

DimsdalePiranha on July 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I see nothing admirable in the filming and gleeful sharing and snickering.
You see it as heroic, or something.
But again…whatever.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I guess the only thing to say is tough shiite. Pro-baby killers deserve to be mocked. Sorry it’s too much for you, Nancy.

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I see nothing admirable in the filming and “gleeful” sharing and snickering.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM

More manufactured glee. It’s like no prog can conduct character assassination against conservatives in public without describing their conduct as “gleeful”.

That video ran for two minutes and I don’t recall seeing so much as a smile on that young man’s face the entire time she was all up in his poop, much less “snickering”.

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM

That’s a fool’s errand. Remember that these are the same people who try to ban people from sitting there quietly and praying, because it intimidates the “patient” (or at least, the one that’s going to live through the procedure).

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 5:04 PM

You see it as heroic, or something.
But again…whatever.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM

See, you just “invented” my impression of the video. You really can’t stop yourself.

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM

thuja on July 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Lemme guess…you failed Tinker Toys as a child and it scarred you for life.

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I believe the seven Supreme Court justices that legalized abortion on demand through the Roe v. Wade decision didn’t have a uterus among them either, you stupid bi*ch…

dpduq on July 10, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Wasn’t she one of the Dumb Ones confidential advisers. I believe she had to resign do to conflict of intelligence.

I know intelligence is down the list of preferences in terms of job qualification for democrats, but even with that, she was too dumb to last.

DWoDiego on July 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

A-yup…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Oh my, Lucy actually said something that makes sense.

slickwillie2001 on July 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I don’t think it is. The pro-baby killers invent a meme about pro-life protesters that simply does not exist. Outside of Eric Rudolph I can not think of a single imbecile on the pro-life side like the psychotic in this video, yet Duran represents far too many on the other side. She will have her defenders before a week goes by.

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Wait…
You find ranting objectionable?
You are against calling people names, like ‘mother-fluker’?
You oppose letting loose with a spittle storm of…epithets?

Ha.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM

But that’s my point. The sitters-and-prayers are the proof, in the eyes of the prog.

Just like all those people who shouted the “n” word during the Obamacare debates, and the people spitting on Congresspersons. The fact that it never happened didn’t deter them from using the peaceful protesters to perpetuate the lie.

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 5:10 PM

You find ranting objectionable?

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM

You find standing calmly in place objectionable, so I’m not sure whence comes your criticism of his assertion.

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 5:11 PM

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 5:10 PM

That’s why I asked for a video.

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM

That’s why I asked for a video.

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM

What I’m saying is, they’ll produce the video of innocuous behavior, claim it as proof, and dismiss any argument you make about how it doesn’t actually match up, and probably accuse you of a double-standard in the process.

You’ll be right but they’ll go down swinging and convinced they schooled you. Just look how hard verba’s working to excuse her behavior and condemn theirs. And even “better”, (s)he is making that argument genuinely. So what’s it going to gain?

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Wait…
You find ranting objectionable?
You are against calling people names, like ‘mother-fluker’?
You oppose letting loose with a spittle storm of…epithets?

Ha.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM

WOW, again. Sometimes you should just remain quiet.

HA indeed.

Put a check by reading for comprehension and understanding on the list of things verbalduece is incapable of doing.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 5:18 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM

You’re interaction here used to be marginally more reasoned. I do believe this never-ending exercise of unsuccessfully defending the behavior of your side … is taking it’s toll.

Incoherent.

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I guess screaming Hail Satan at the top of their lungs is too passe for pro-abortion protesters these days.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Ha. She totally looks like him. But Tiny Tim was a gentle, sweet person, so the comparison is really unfair to him.

Missy on July 10, 2014 at 5:21 PM

I can think of a thousand reasons.
Maybe she has mental health issues and is off or unable to afford her meds.
Who knows?
But one shouldn’t seek or take pleasure in it.
What are the anti-choice folks’ reasons/excuses for their behavior?

This all offers absolute nothing to/for/about this issue of abortion.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

By “this all,” I’m just going to assume you’re referring to her assault. You’re right, it doesn’t offer anything to the issue of abortion, but is (according to you) either:
1) her parents’ fault
2) her mental health issues
or
3) she can’t control her emotions.

Why can’t we just put the responsibility on her to make the right actions when confronted with something/one she disagrees with?

Effay5 on July 10, 2014 at 5:22 PM

spiritof61 on July 10, 2014 at 3:29 PM

The “tell” is that it’s too heroic and self-aggrandizing.

He saved a life!

Bless him.

A Chair of Some Kind on July 10, 2014 at 5:24 PM

none of the protestors showed an ounce compassion.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Nope -that’s not what I said or am saying.
All are responsible and accountable for their own behavior.
Even you.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Your post reminded of something I forgot about verbaldishonesty:

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Yup. Every assault captured on camera is provoked and completely the fault of the victim (irony?).

Also ironic in light of all the baseless accusations made against people when there’s no corroborating film. If anything, these kind of things are required lest people say that Crowder punched the guy instead of vice versa, or that these kids got all up in this lady’s… grill? /pun

For all the good it did when video exonerated protesters from claims of shouting n-words and spitting on congresspersons.

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM

verbaloon on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Boston, eh? That explains a lot.

Del Dolemonte on July 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM

“No uterus, no right to talk about it!”

Lolz! Pathetic. She uses the F word well. Though I’m not sure she will ever truly enjoy it. ; )

Bmore on July 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM

And like she’s never used the word “brain” in her life!

Axeman on July 10, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Nope -that’s not what I said or am saying.

You are the one who used the word “excuses” to describe your own response.

All are responsible and accountable for their own behavior.

Which is why this woman assaulted persons and destroyed property and your complaint is that people who are NOT engaging in assault or destruction are guilty of “not showing compassion”. Which in light of their blameless behavior can only be expanded to fill that requirement by coddling her.

Even you.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM

If you have an accusation to level, be specific and direct. It’s no less courtesy than I’ve shown you.

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM

But you got me…it was Brookline, MA – which is not Boston.
I lived in Coolidge Corner there for a number of years.

verbaloon on July 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Still explains a lot. Let me guess-you “matriculated” at the Far-Left BU?

BTW, “legally” speaking Brookline is a separate town, but for all practical intents and purposes it can be considered to be a part of Boston, especially since it abuts 6 separate Beantown neighborhoods.

Del Dolemonte on July 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I’m utterly indifferent to the reasons why people make life more difficult for others.

All I care about is that they be stopped.

I’ll put my life’s story up against almost anyone on the planet–including Syrians and Afghans–and I’ll win. Unless someone tells you what they’ve been through, you have no idea. And some of us have stories that you simply wouldn’t believe.

But I don’t go around assaulting people. If I’d been there and she’d hit me the way she did the cameraman, I would’ve laid her out on the sidewalk.

Violence is the only thing some people understand. She’s obviously been doing this for a while. If someone smashed her ugly, fat face as hard as he could, she’d stop.

A Chair of Some Kind on July 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM