Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law

posted at 2:41 pm on July 10, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Let’s just say that this isn’t going to make Burger King’s rainbow Whopper highlight reel in terms of public relations. A woman wearing her work uniform threatened, attacked, and berated pro-life demonstrators who didn’t appear to be anywhere near a BK outlet in Columbus, Ohio. She started off by loudly insisting that a baby at the 12-week gestational mark has no distinguishing features whatsoever — yelling incoherently about “clump of cells” at one point to the bemused but disciplined young man — and then started kicking signs and shoving protesters, all on camera (warning: language NSFW):

It’s not difficult to catalog the number of potential legal issues that Victoria Duran creates for herself here, or for that matter credibility issues. It’s amusing in one respect to see someone so passionately engaged in exposing her ignorance of human biology while attempting to lecture someone else about it, as well as her ignorance on basic American civics. I’m sure that a few die-hard supporters of Planned Parenthood would applaud the “no uterus, no right to talk about it!” Duran declaration, but as the police must have informed her at the end of this spree, that’s far from the case here in the US.

Duran’s charmless ignorance extends to the law, too, as this update from the local ABC/Fox affiliate demonstrates:

“The first amendment protects them from government interference it doesn’t protect them from people basically telling them they’re idiots.”

“But you assaulted them.”

“Assault? I wouldn’t necessarily say shoving them aside and telling them to keep the camera out of my face as assault.”

“You think it’s okay to push people?”

“I believe that I had the right to tell them the did not have my consent to film me,” said Duran.

Created Equal says Duran is charged with assault and criminal damaging.

Duran wouldn’t talk about her legal troubles but said she has no regrets.

If you wouldn’t say that “shoving them aside” is assault, well, you’re going to need a lawyer who understands that this isn’t just assault but also battery. Assault is making a threat of violence, and battery is carrying it out. Duran had the right to tell the demonstrators that they’re idiots — that is a First Amendment right — but Created Equal has the right to free speech on public property. They also have the right to film in the public square, especially for a newsworthy event such as assault and battery. Assault on the demonstrators and destruction of their property is not protected speech, but crimes just as it would be in any other context. And admitting to the charges on the TV news makes it pretty clear exactly who the idiot is in this case.

Huffington Post reported yesterday that buffer zones around abortion clinics are falling across the nation after the McCullen decision:

Two weeks after the Supreme Court ruled that Massachusetts’ protective buffer zone around abortion clinics violates the free speech rights of protesters, four other buffer zones around the country have already disappeared or been challenged in court.

The City Council of Portland, Maine, repealed its 39-foot buffer zone around a women’s health clinic this week, and the cities of Burlington, Vermont, and Madison, Wisconsin, have stopped enforcing their buffer zones. In Burlington, people had been legally prohibited from protesting within 35 feet of the clinic, and Madison had a “floating” buffer zone that prohibited protesters from coming within eight feet of a patient entering or exiting an abortion clinic.

Maybe the buffer has been around the wrong people all along.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

More of Libruls showing their true colors.

Sven on July 10, 2014 at 2:45 PM

With those teeth, she won’t have to worry about getting pregnant.

joekenha on July 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Duh. History professor.

rogerb on July 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Okay, I’m going to be a miserable witch right off the bat, the chances of her finding anything out about human biology are slim. Scary chick.

Cindy Munford on July 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM

That’s a woman? Are we sure?

gophergirl on July 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I wonder what which one of our trolls she is. Anybody see thuja lately?

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Unhinged leftists only know what they’ve been indoctrinated to know, which, more often than not, has absolutely no connection to reality.

They really know very little at all.

hawkeye54 on July 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM

I wonder which one of our trolls she is? Anybody see thuja lately?

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM

FIFM

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Since when do lesbians worry about birth control?

nobama1267 on July 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I saw this earlier, it’s typical of the liberal anger, and the liberal intellect.

right2bright on July 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM

There’s a fine example of tolerance and intelligence that are hallmarks of the American left.

Clearly the pro-life movement never gave her an empathy bear when she was younger to teach her there is a softer face to their cause.

Happy Nomad on July 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Get her some pink sneakers and a toothbrush…the Left has found itself a new posterchild…Seriously, does Obamacare cover the dentist???

Entrephil on July 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM

The words of dean Wormer come to mind. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

Flange on July 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

So well informed, so erudite, so calm and reasoned in its approach.

Or not.

Nice “reality based” savage ya got there, lefties.

GrassMudHorsey on July 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I think we found the Burger Queen.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I wonder what which one of our trolls she is.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Was wondering the exact same thing….

Athos on July 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Burger King is very proud of her/it.

nobama1267 on July 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM

What lizard does one mix blood with to produce such a spawn?

Rix on July 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I sure as hell hope Burger King canned her.

Bitter Clinger on July 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM

As the old lawyer’s saying goes,

If you don’t have the witness, pound the evidence.

If you don’t have the evidence, pound the witness.

If you don’t have either one, pound the table.

Progressives tend to be experts at table-pounding, in or out of a courtroom.

Just as well, because they tend to betray their ignorance, in addition to their delusional fanaticism, every time they open their mouths.

clear ether

eon

eon on July 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM

People deal with guilt and grief in the darndest ways.

forest on July 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I don’t get it…why is that guy talking about it while telling the other guy no uterus, no right to talk about it?

hollygolightly on July 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Ignorance is the second key requirement for liberalism. The first is narcissism.

John the Libertarian on July 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Other than then that she had a compelling argument. ///

Cindy Munford on July 10, 2014 at 2:53 PM

As I told libfreeordie:

The funniest part is when you realize that you, through your support of the legislation and the way the law was written and passed, are responsible for more women being denied birth control than the combined misogynistic conservatives here.

And that’s absolutely hilarious.

rogerb on July 10, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Angry people suck

gxbhkt on July 10, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Entrephil on July 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Wendy Davis ran for Governor of Texas off of one filibuster. I’m sure this, uh, woman(?) could at least run for mayor of Columbus off this.

Bitter Clinger on July 10, 2014 at 2:54 PM

#DumpNoah

faraway on July 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM

“She started off by loudly insisting that a baby at the 12-week gestational mark has no distinguishing features whatsoever —”

I think I will go raid the nest of the endangered California condor and smash its eggs against the cliff. Wait, what? That’s illegal, you say? Why? Those eggs aren’t condors yet. Oh, you mean they WILL be fully formed condors if they are allowed to grow and hatch? And our government protects them? Oh, okay. I think I get it. Condor in egg: fully protected as a bird. Child in womb: not human. Be as pro -choice as you like….but at least admit to the massive hypocrisy.

timberline on July 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Typical look for a pro-infanticide, feminist, leftist loon.

They are ALL fugly.

Meople on July 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I expect the next thing she will need to deal with is unemployment.
According to Linked In she is a Shift Supervisor at the Columbus Burger King.
Oops.
Has anyone asked them how they feel about her committing assault and battery while wearing their uniform?

Curmudgeon on July 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Notice her copious use of the word ‘racist’? Where does that fit?

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 2:56 PM

That’s a woman? Are we sure?

gophergirl on July 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM

It is a testament to the power of visuals that even after reading “she” and “the woman” etc. in the story above the video, I still assumed the video’s preview picture was of a guy.

Fenris on July 10, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I think this woman recently had an abortion and is regretting it now. She has the full guilt trip on about it and those demonstrators just showed her what her baby looked like when she had it aborted, that is why I think she is kicking those signs down and pushing those people, guilt. She is parroting exactly what they tell women at the clinics.

Johnnyreb on July 10, 2014 at 2:58 PM

As I asked on another thread, what about those of us who have had hysterectomies? I don’t remember having to turn in my woman card, when I handed over my uterus.

waterytart on July 10, 2014 at 2:59 PM

With those teeth, she won’t have to worry about getting pregnant.

joekenha on July 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Well, as long as she doesn’t hang out in barnyards.

Pork-Chop on July 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Good thing for “her” that the TSA is always looking for new talent, and a criminal record is not always the obstacle that some might think.

Left Coast Right Mind on July 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I have to say that liberals sure do get themselves in a lather over abortion. It’s kind of weird.

Cindy Munford on July 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM

John the Libertarian on July 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM

What’s 3rd? Batshit Crazy?

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM

THAT? is a woman? With a uterus?

Ehrmegherd. Gack.

Key West Reader on July 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Sounds like most every liberal I’ve ever stumbled across, on most any topic.

Midas on July 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM

With those teeth, she won’t have to worry about getting pregnant.

joekenha on July 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Well, as long as she doesn’t hang out in barnyards in Thad Cochran’s neighborhood.

Pork-Chop on July 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM

FIFY

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM

waterytart on July 10, 2014 at 2:59 PM

She doesn’t care about body parts, if the guy protesting was pro-choice she would have kissed him. Which would have been preferable I will leave to the discretion of the receiver.

Cindy Munford on July 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM

waterytart on July 10, 2014 at 2:59 PM

It was a secret adjudication. You won’t be told about it until you try to stand up for life.

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Would you like some sweat on your Whopper®?

I imagine she could broil it by placing under her arm pit and clenching her arm against her body.

rightside on July 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Cindy Munford on July 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Considering the source I think I’d prefer the punch to the face over the kiss.

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Isn’t it interesting how many pro-abortioners look, well, like THAT? Like she’s ever likely to be impregnated. Maybe that’s the point – Lila Rose and Sarah Palin wants your babies to survive, and people like this do not. Maybe it’s just jealousy at the root of a lot of it.

Dirty Creature on July 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM

“No uterus, no right to talk about it!”

Lolz! Pathetic. She uses the F word well. Though I’m not sure she will ever truly enjoy it. ; )

Bmore on July 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I’d like to get Noah’s take on this. @_@

ReaganWasRight on July 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM

So can we use that in child support cases?

Sorry, Judge. I don’t have a uterus…I don’t have a dog in this fight.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Assault is making a threat of violence, and battery is carrying it out.

Actually, it depends on the state, Ed. In PA, common law battery is considered “assault” under the Criminal Code.

blammm on July 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM

#DumpNoah

faraway on July 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM

#DumpUsAllStartOver

Bmore on July 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM

That’s Rosie O’Donnell heading to the view.

rjoco1 on July 10, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Why isn’t this haggish pro-abort cooling its heels in jail?

Citizen Jerry on July 10, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Bmore on July 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Winner!!!

Bitter Clinger on July 10, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Would you like some sweat on your Whopper®?

rightside on July 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Ohhh dayam, did you have to say something like that at lunch time (where I am)?
Bbbrrrrfffff…

dentarthurdent on July 10, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I’m gonna start a legal defense fund for our now famous troll, verbaldouche. Methinks she needs it after that performance…

Heckuva job, verbie!! You done good. I thought you worked at McDonald’s, though…

bimmcorp on July 10, 2014 at 3:12 PM

#DumpUsAllStartOver

Bmore on July 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM

rofl

Midas on July 10, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Be as pro -choice as you like….but at least admit to the massive hypocrisy.

timberline on July 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM

To say nothing of the scientific inaccuracy of the claim.

The Schaef on July 10, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Coexist.

pambi on July 10, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Assault is making a threat of violence, and battery is carrying it out.

blammm on July 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Darn – I figured that meant that my assault rifle is only threatening and doesn’t really hurt anyone….

dentarthurdent on July 10, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Why isn’t this haggish pro-abort cooling its heels in jail?

Citizen Jerry on July 10, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Pffft – it’s not against the law to assault conservatives, you see. Or those laws aren’t lately enforced, anyway.

Had this Kraken assaulted some gay illegal aliens, though…

Midas on July 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

So those are the new firearm discussion standards, too, right (D)s?

rogerb on July 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Old And Busted: Sandra Fluke

New Hotness: Victoria Duran

2016 DNC speaking slot officially reserved…. She is a liberal trifecta… War on women, pay inequality, and minimum wage.

PointnClick on July 10, 2014 at 3:15 PM

She’s hot.

DJ Rick on July 10, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Would you like some sweat on your Whopper®?

rightside on July 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Now THAT’S funny!

Athanasius on July 10, 2014 at 3:17 PM

“clump of cells”

Guess she has never heard of endoderm, mesoderm, ectoderm and cell differentiation. If she wasn’t sleeping or writing notes to her BFF that day (assuming she even showed up), it might be fair to suppose that when Coach __ came to that part of the book (assuming they made it past chapter two by the end of the course), he opted to show Finding Nemo or Fern Gully instead.

Sounds like a little basic genetics and fundamental embryology might be some good things for them (abortion loving Libs) to review. There are tons of sites out there that explain basic biology…for free!

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 10, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Would you like some sweat on your Whopper®?

rightside on July 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Now THAT’S funny!

Athanasius on July 10, 2014 at 3:17 PM

And stomach-turning!

Midas on July 10, 2014 at 3:18 PM

At the end there when she said, “Go ahead, take me.”? I think the officer probably threw up in his mouth a little bit after hearing that.

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Would you like some sweat on your Whopper®?

rightside on July 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Good grief, rightside. Now I have two images to try and suppress.

Genesis123 on July 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I think we found the Burger Queen.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I’m pretty sure she’s been terminated.

/like the unwanted pregnancy that she vehemently supports.

Key West Reader on July 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM

You’ve got to hand it to her… she is a walking argument for abortion.

Immolate on July 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM

She’s hot.

DJ Rick on July 10, 2014 at 3:16 PM

You and lorien…

cozmo on July 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I give her one thing, she has the talking points down pat and all the cuss words appropriate to the context! Wow.

DDoyle0224 on July 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Unhinged pro-abortion protester….
posted at 2:41 pm on July 10, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Maybe he can hang with an unhinged anti-choice protestor.
Yes, they really do exist!

A few years back (ok,20 or so) I was walking past a protest in Boston. I had to intercede when an unhinged anti-choice protestor who was profanely berating a young girl, suddenly began to push up against her…pushing her towards and into the street and oncoming traffic. I jumped in the middle to push him back and away – quickly assisted other bystanders along with several non-unhinged anti-choice protestors.
And it wasn’t until after that I even knew what the protest/crowd was even about. I along with several pro-choice and anti-choice folks who’d been involved communed about what an a&&hole the guy was.

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

How about her claim that a 12 week fetus is nothing more than a clump of cells? To the extent that that is true, so is she, and so are all of us.

Selkirk on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I’m surprised he didn’t run away like an Iraqi soldier

Key West Reader on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

The problem with this sweet princess is her proper, lady-like attitude. Too restrained, she is. She really needs to learn how to speak up for herself.

whatcat on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

She’s hot.

DJ Rick on July 10, 2014 at 3:16 PM

She’s certainly bothered.

Flange on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Weapons grade stupid.

wifarmboy on July 10, 2014 at 3:23 PM

So those are the new firearm discussion standards, too, right (D)s?

rogerb on July 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Considering that would silence nonpartisan, I don’t we can adopt those standards.

nobar on July 10, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Where does she teach?

spiritof61 on July 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM

*I don’t think we can adopt those standards.

nobar on July 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Cindy Munford on July 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM

not saying all abortion supporters are like this but the super angry ones, like this person, know that abortion kills a living being. they know they are supporting something morally wrong. they feel guilty, that’s why they go crazy.

Sachiko on July 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Had this Kraken assaulted some gay illegal aliens, though…

Midas on July 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Don’t drag poor POTUS into dis here discussion.

/LMAO

Key West Reader on July 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM

“No uterus, no right to talk about it!”

yeeahhh…just shut up and pay because my uterus is my ATM !

burrata on July 10, 2014 at 3:27 PM

There has got be more bugging her than a couple of Pro-life protesters and a couple of signs. It’s kind of sad, actually. I think I will put Ms Duran in my prayers tonight.

Deano1952 on July 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that you made that up. Because many here often commune about what an i&&ecile you are.

spiritof61 on July 10, 2014 at 3:29 PM

“No uterus, no right to talk about it!”

Hey, that sounds similar to “don’t pay taxes, no right to vote”.

Bitter Clinger on July 10, 2014 at 3:29 PM

So those are the new firearm discussion standards, too, right (D)s?

rogerb on July 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

I think not, since anyone can go out and buy a firearm.

GWB on July 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM

She’s on about the same intellectual level as the 0bama phone lady.

UltimateBob on July 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Notice her copious use of the word ‘racist’? Where does that fit?

NotCoach on July 10, 2014 at 2:56 PM

It’s a common involuntary reflex among the chronically stupid.

RadClown on July 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM

As the old lawyer’s saying goes,

If you don’t have the witness, pound the evidence.

If you don’t have the evidence, pound the witness.

If you don’t have either one, pound the table.

eon on July 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I learned it as:

If you don’t have the facts, pound the law.
If you don’t have the law, pound the facts.
If you don’t have either, pound the table.

But I suppose it essentially makes the same point.

With those teeth, she won’t have to worry about getting pregnant.

joekenha on July 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Pork-Chop on July 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM

FIFY

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM

You are all horrible people. And so am I, since I laughed.

Othniel on July 10, 2014 at 3:32 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Lemme guess,
you know a peaceful muslim , a patriotic DemonCrap and your car runs on unicorn f@rts , amirite ????

burrata on July 10, 2014 at 3:32 PM

liberal: noun, unhinged mindless hater, see violent nutjob

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Where does she teach?

spiritof61 on July 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM

At the Home of the Whopper.

/Obviously – her degree in gender and white privilege studies … eh, you get the drift.

Key West Reader on July 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

The weird part is the think we’re about to wipe them out (if it were, it would have happened).

They mean it when they want 25 million dead.

formwiz on July 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM

verbaluce on July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

When you don’t have a point, invent an anecdote. Liberal liars, yeah, they really do exist.

hawkdriver on July 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Definitely gubernatorial or senatorial material!

txdoc on July 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM

She’s on about the same intellectual level as the 0bama phone lady.

UltimateBob on July 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM

White version.

I’m still not sure that’s a woman. Prolly one of those wymyn people who lick trees in the middle of the night whilst roasting marshmallows and watching Lifetime TV

/The new breed