Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on July 10, 2014 by Allahpundit

House Speaker John Boehner announced Thursday the Republican-led lawsuit against President Barack Obama will focus on the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and the White House decision to delay the employer mandate.

“In 2013, the president changed the health care law without a vote of Congress, effectively creating his own law by literally waiving the employer mandate and the penalties for failing to comply with it. That’s not the way our system of government was designed to work,” Boehner said in a statement.

***

As if President Obama doesn’t have enough on his plate, the former constitutional law professor might spend the last 2½ years of his term in court, battling Republicans over whether he violated the Constitution…

“It’s very unlikely that you could resolve anything of this sort until Obama is gone,” says Norman Ornstein, a congressional and presidential scholar at the American Enterprise Institute…

“I think it is clear that the president has overstepped his authority on a number of occasions,” says Jonathan Turley, a professor at George Washington University Law School. “The president is effectively nullifying federal law.”

***

Go ahead, President Barack Obama told House Republicans Thursday. Impeach him.

“You hear some of them: ‘Sue him! Impeach him!’” Obama said in a relaxed, sniping campaign-style speech in Austin, Texas, recounting the resistance he’s run into for signing executive actions. “Really? For what, doing my job?”

So punchy that he was leaning arms hanging off the front of his podium, telling a few hecklers to “sit down,” and instructing the Secret Service not to bother removing them, Obama said he was feeling liberated.

“I don’t have to run for office anymore, so I can just let it rip,” he said.

***

House Speaker John Boehner is rebuffing calls from former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for President Obama’s impeachment — preferring instead to pursue a lawsuit against the president over his use of executive powers.

“The path that we’re going is the right one to defend our institution against the encroachment from the Executive Branch and to preserve the Constitution of our country as it was written and as it was intended,” Boehner told reporters.

***

Pelosi, who noted she dealt with similar calls from Democrats in the later years of George W. Bush’s presidency, said she decided not to bring forward articles of impeachment on Bush because “it wasn’t something I wanted to put the country through.”

The California Democrat said Thursday that Bush had “sent us into war based on a false representation,” something she called “shameful, irresponsible and wrong,” but she said did not want to move forward with impeachment, “because of what it would mean for the American people.”

Pelosi noted that what President Bill Clinton did to bring forward articles of impeachment was “stupid,” but that his marital infidelities had nothing to do with public policy.

***

Tom Coburn

Who Is He: Republican senator from Oklahoma, and physician.

What He Said: “What you have to do is you have to establish the criteria that would qualify for proceedings against the president, and that’s called impeachment.”… I think there’s some intended violation of the law in this administration, but I also think there’s a ton of incompetence, of people who are making decisions. … I don’t have the legal background to know if that rises to high crimes and misdemeanor, but I think they’re getting perilously close.”

When He Said It: August 21, 2013

***

Sarah Palin joined the impeachment calls on Tuesday, which could mean that the former Alaska Governor has been feeling neglected. She is following the talk radio hosts and obscure authors who are trying to increase audience share or sell books by posing as Mr. Obama’s loudest opponents.

Mrs. Palin immediately received the media fillip she wanted, especially from MSNBC and the left-wing websites that want to portray the fading GOP star as a conservative leader. Progressives would like nothing better than for Republicans to try to impeach Mr. Obama, so they could scare up otherwise demoralized Democratic voters to come to the polls this November…

If conservatives really want to address those problems, they should elect a Republican Senate majority. A GOP Senate could stop the President’s worst appointees, including judicial nominees. It could use budget reconciliation to pass policy reforms on ObamaCare, energy and other issues that the President would pay a political price for vetoing. And a GOP Senate could add its oversight power to dig into government abuses like the IRS political targeting.

***

A vote to impeach Obama won’t result in his removal from office, since that requires a two-thirds vote in the Senate. But that doesn’t mean it would be worthless. It would show for the second time in a year that conservatives in Congress will fight for something, so long as it’s something completely unrealistic and unattainable.

Also, not enough people know that conservatives think Obama is a horrible president. So let me say it again: “Obama is a horrible president.” And also, let’s impeach him, because that will get the word out a lot better than just me saying it here…

After Obama easily survives the Senate removal vote and wins broad public sympathy, this fall’s elections will be much more of a fair fight.

I love election nights, and this one will be a lot more exciting if Democrats have a serious shot at winning back a House majority. It’s more fun when there’s more at stake — like the possibility of having Obamacare 2.0 sail through Congress next year with hardly a fight.

***

The 2014 midterm elections need to be about jobs, the economy and Obamacare. This election should not be about President Obama. Haven’t we been down this road before? In 2012, didn’t we think dissatisfaction with President Obama would turn out Republicans and conservatives and elect Mitt Romney? As unpopular as President Obama is, voters vote with their pocketbooks. We should be talking about the first-quarter GDP contraction and the loss of full-time jobs in June. And as Politico pointed out this week, higher state health insurance rates may be announced shortly before the midterm elections.

So Republicans should be talking about these real problems, which will have an impact on Americans across the country. Pursuing impeachment or even talking too much about it just reinforces the notion of Republicans as hyper-partisans who are obsessed with the president and who don’t want to do anything but hound him.

***

***

***

Via CNS.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

My Congresscritter held a tele-conference town hall tonight.

The TWO main take-aways:

1. 80% of participants voted AGAINST Obama’s $ 3.7 billion shakedown tactic to fix the problem. Special note: Two African-American participants made VERY clear they don’t want these “illegal immigrants” allowed into the country.

2. Nobody, but N O B O D Y spoke up defending Obama on anything. That’s NEVER happened before. A number of early questioners asked about the lawsuit along the lines of “that won’t accomplish anything”. When people raised impeachment questions – NO ONE followed up with any objections or any “it would be suicide for the Republicans” nonsense.

My TWO observations:

1. The immigration crisis is playing out STRONGLY against Obama and the amnesty supporters.

2. I am coming around to the viewpoint that a fair number of the Hot Air commenters “concern trolling” regarding impeachment are PAID GOPe shillswhich would be perfectly in line with the Mississippi “Win by Any Means” tactics.

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Temporal mine deployment ….

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Ratso!

OmahaConservative on July 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Synchronizing time wave fronts …

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Rat. So?

Judge_Dredd on July 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Ratso!

OmahaConservative on July 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

KAAAAHHHHHNNNNNN!!!!!

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Rasto!

[That's a synonym for Obama, right?]

ShainS on July 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Evening all

CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Calling all Wenches, Rude Buffoons, loons and trolls…

OmahaConservative on July 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM

We need to separate.

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM

[sets out "We Reserve The Right To Serve Whomever We Dang Well Please, DAMMIT!" signage...activates wireless drink stations and drone delivery service...brings out another case of Double Whatchudrinkin' Glasses...sends out first round...usual caveats apply...enters under "Wednesday Night Fights: The Sequel"...]

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Just got back from seeing Jersey Boys. It’s a HIT!

annoyinglittletwerp on July 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Question for Axe:

– What’s the difference between “access to QOTD” and “QOTD”?

[I kid, I kid ...]

ShainS on July 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Calling all Wenches, Rude Buffoons, loons and trolls…

OmahaConservative on July 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Sung to the tune of
When I’m Calling You by the lovely and talented Ratso, ladies and gentlemen.

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:48 PM

My favorite Crosby Stills and Nash song.

Southern Cross

I think this was also their last hit.

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I say we impeach the guy because of immigration. But Boehner predictably says that immigration shouldn’t be part of not even his lawsuit, because boehner has joined Obama in calling for amnesty (oh, right… “principles of immigration”) and so has himself encouraged this inundation of amnesty seeking illegals. Insane. Watch it and weep, because it looks like Boehner is about to weep as well: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/04/25/boehner_mocks_conservative_colleagues_on_immigration.html

anotherJoe on July 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Just got back from seeing Jersey Boys. It’s a HIT!

annoyinglittletwerp on July 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Good to hear!
I figured with Eastwood directing it would be.

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Sung to the tune of When I’m Calling You by the lovely and talented Ratso, ladies and gentlemen.

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Sorry, the website https cannot be found

OmahaConservative on July 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

– What’s the difference between “access to QOTD” and “QOTD”?

[I kid, I kid ...]

ShainS on July 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

So to recap: My “access” of evil is Iran, Iraq and onna the Koreas.

Judge_Dredd on July 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I remembered the big empty school up a nearby town so I emailed the curator of the museum there to warn her to watch out for the government possibly using it for illegals. She thinks I’m nuts and laid out what they are probably going to do with the building. Oh well, I warned her. She knows people. She’s successful because she knows where the bodies are buried and who has the money but she doesn’t have time to pay much attention to the news. She’ll talk to her assistant who is a retired doctor and conservative. He’ll know what’s going on.

crankyoldlady on July 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

(waving) Ya know I am so glad to read that. When I saw a trailer for it a few months ago, I said I’d like to see it. I can’t tell you how many years I’ve actually said that about a movie coming out.

CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

There’s only 1–maybe 2 things that can save us. A military cou*, or a visit from the Grim Reaper to take 90% of Congress, and the whole White House staff.

I’m sad I had to even type that.

SouthernGent on July 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

well poop…how did my fat finger hit the strike key. :(

CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

My Congresscritter held a tele-conference town hall tonight.

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Isn’t that Marcy Kapture.

RickB on July 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM

That’s really interesting. I have a feeling that soon Dear Leader will only have the far left moonbats supporting him.

cat_owner on July 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

We saw the Chicago cast in ’09-so I was watching to see how close they stuck to the theatrical production.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Sorry, the website https cannot be found

OmahaConservative on July 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Dang Nab It!!!

I thought we had that bug fixed on the temporal mines.

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

So to recap: My “access” of evil is Iran, Iraq and onna the Koreas.

Judge_Dredd on July 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Heh.

Took me a couple seconds to get that … gettin’ slow on the uptake in my old age …

ShainS on July 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Good evening, one and all!!! Impeach?? Is a pig’s azz pork??

bimmcorp on July 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I forgot about this!!

Mom and I were discussing early Jimmy Stewart movies, and we, BOTH of us, forgot about this role!!

Thank you, Pol!

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM

“I don’t have to run for office anymore, so I can just let it rip,” he said.

And that’s a very scary thought. I’m sure he said this while the kool aid drinkers cheered.

cat_owner on July 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Isn’t that Marcy Kapture.

RickB on July 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

… you’re thinking of Marcy Beaucups … my first girlfriend with double D

uhmmm, nevermind …

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Ya know, some Guy on CoastoCoast, suggested moving the Troops from
Korea’s DMZ, as not one NorthKoreanGoon has hopped the fence!!!!

canopfor on July 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I thought we had that bug fixed on the temporal mines.
PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I got it, Pol…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Now that is funny, I don’t care who you are.

fight like a girl on July 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM

The GOP is weak. They should impeach. Move forward with the impeachment proceedings. Enough with this weak lawsuit stunt.

farleftprogressive on July 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Johnny Cash “One Piece at a Time”

He went up to Detroit up US 23 from Kentucky like many at the time…

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 10:56 PM

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Here y’all go…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 10:56 PM

my favorite Crosby Stills and Nash song. Southern Cross I think this was also their last hit. ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM

As an old sailor,, I like that song too.

wolly4321 on July 10, 2014 at 10:56 PM

well poop…how did my fat finger hit the strike key. :(

CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

CoffeeLover: Yur goona git a letter of reprimands sumpin sumpins:)

canopfor on July 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Where did everybody go?

crankyoldlady on July 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM

In Chicago, there never was a Bad, Bad Barack Obama.

But there was a Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown.

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I never made the time to see the sage production.

Yes, I KNOW that was a BAD decision. ;P

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM

As an old sailor,, I like that song too.

wolly4321 on July 10, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Buffet does the song justice, as well…

bimmcorp on July 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM

canopfor on July 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM

So far she hasn’t glared at me :)

(waving) at my great Northern friend. How ya doing?

CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I’m sad I had to even type that.

SouthernGent on July 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I believe the only non-violent solution likely is if a somewhat more spiritual, than political, leader emerges — like a Gandhi, MLK Jr., or the fictional John Galt — able to convince enough makers/producers to go “on strike” for some duration, enough to bring the federal government to its knees to begin gaining concessions and drastic rollbacks in size and power … but even that seems unlikely anymore.

Hope I’m wrong …

ShainS on July 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM

blah blah blah! It’s QOTD time!

coolrepublica on July 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM

My favorite Crosby Stills and Nash song.

Southern Cross

I think this was also their last hit.

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Good stuff

cthemfly on July 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Oh Sh*t,………: THE FENCE JUMPERS VIRUS is spreading:

2014 World Cup
3m

Newspaper report: Hundreds of Ghanaian World Cup fans seeking asylum in Brazil – @ProSoccerTalk
Read more on nbcsports.com

===============================

canopfor on July 10, 2014 at 10:32 PM

canopfor on July 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Speaking of Chicago…

You Don’t Mess Around With Slim…

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Where did everybody go?

crankyoldlady on July 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I don’t know ….

… where do YOU think we went?

(If this turns into one of those Langoliers situations, I’m turning off the wave front synchronization and scootin’ out the door.)

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I think we should keep talking about impeachment. It seems to really get under Dear Leader’s skin.

d1carter on July 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

farleftprogressive on July 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM

That’s what I’ve been saying, but some fell for the fiction that we lost the House (yeah…in 2007) and the Senate (in 2007…except for that brief yo-yo period between 2001 through 2003)…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

farleftprogressive on July 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I hear ya….speaking of which. Obama should Open all the
Prisons and let the criminals run wild across the Country…

But there’s one difference between our two points.

Mine has a good chance of happening…

ToddPA on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Jello or Sherbert………..um, BRB.

CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

thanks for the review. I want to go.

KCB on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

– What’s the difference between “access to QOTD” and “QOTD”?

[I kid, I kid ...]

ShainS on July 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I’ve been in some of the weirdest arguments. :)

I slam down something inflammatory, heavy — it walks. I say something small and insignificant: whoa there, cowboy.

. . . argue hours about a single word.

. . . something’s happened though. I just found out someone I love is in the hospital, possibly having a baby early. I’m a little wrecked.

Axe on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I’m watching the amnesty shill Carl Cameron on Fox Special Report talk about some poll saying that “71%” of Republicans would prefer to support an amnesty favoring candidate, while only 15% of Repubs would favor an amnesty opponent (this to buttress Rick Perry’s alleged pro-immigration reform stance). “15%.” Right. What unadulterated baloney. Fox is full of it, and always in the tank for amnesty. No, Republicans don’t want amnesty, hence Cantor.

anotherJoe on July 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

*bursts into tears*

Axe on July 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Don’t cry Axe, I’ll let you hang out with me one of these weekends, well, as long as you don’t tell Sophie… She finds out you’re pub crawling with me… and there will be blood… <— Insert evil laughter here…

oscarwilde on July 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM

oscarwilde on July 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

I got it, Pol…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I had that figured out, Newtie … because if the code had screwed up ALL of YOUR bar electronics, you would justifiably be leading the lynch mob.

;)

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

If I didn’t live 50 miles from Nogales, why… I wouldn’t even worry about resistant TB, MS-13, and WMD’s.

You know what I’m seeing? Downtown by the highway?

A lot of tattooed faces.
You know,, tear tats by the eyes?
They are also finding prayer rugs.

wolly4321 on July 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

This should be the anti common core anthem…

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Close, but this is more like it…this is the anti common core anthem…Pink Floyd, Brick in the wall

Doc Holliday on July 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

d1carter on July 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I didn’t think Dear Leader could sink any lower, but he proved me wrong with the Austin speech today.

Poor guy is “lonely” doing all the work in DC. He just loves casting blame and playing the victim.

What an embarrassment. And the Obamabots cheered, clapped and laughed like a bunch of trained puppies.

cat_owner on July 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

ROCK ON!!

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Oh good grief, Newtie…really?

Jaibones on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

I don’t know ….

… where do YOU think we went?

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I kept clicking and no more posts came up until I posted something and then I was way behind.

crankyoldlady on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Dan Folgerberg “Run for the Roses”

The Kentucky Derby…

This was a huge hit in the early 80′s.

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Jello or Sherbert………..um, BRB.
CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Yogurt? How about Best Two Out of Three? :P

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

How long is Katie Pavlich going to be on the side of my typing area? She is quite….distracting…:)

Doc Holliday on July 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM

canopfor on July 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM

So far she hasn’t glared at me :)

(waving) at my great Northern friend. How ya doing?

CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM

CoffeeLover: Doin good,..thanks, had my grandson at the park and out
and abouts:)

canopfor on July 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Doc Holliday on July 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM

If she was 10 years older I’d marry her.

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Axe on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I would tease you …but your aura in the wave front analysis system says that would be in VERY poor taste.

I hope mom and the baby come through fine.

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Oh good grief, Newtie…really?
Jaibones on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

It’s Axe’s fault, JaiB! He was bouncing lyrics off the blog, and I was free associatin’…yeah, that’s it!! Free word association! And then…then…um, then…

Dang it…need more quarters for the jukebox… :-(

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Yeah, that was gettin’ a little surreal …

Axe on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Sorry to hear that Axe! It’s amazing how dangerous childbirth was before modern medicine …

ShainS on July 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM

anotherJoe on July 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

I agree, Fox is really bad now. Only exceptions are Megyn and Sean.

Now they seem to be pushing Romney again.

cat_owner on July 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM

The coming revolution…

Mike and the Mechanics, “Silent Running”

Awesome for the smooth cool synths…

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Yogurt—ewww, just as bad Cream of Wheat and Oatmeal.

CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Doc Holliday on July 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Could be worse, Doc…you could be in Parm’s situation

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Let’s see who looks like more of a leader

Person 1

Person 2

gophergirl on July 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM

No, Republicans don’t want amnesty, hence Cantor.

anotherJoe on July 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

You are wrong. Republicans want amnesty. Tea Partiers do not. Too bad tea partiers have no one else to vote for except for Republicans.

farleftprogressive on July 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM

“I don’t have to run for office anymore, so I can just let it rip,” he said.

It is always about you isn’t it you jihady ?
Never about us or the country , you pillaging plundering enemy of our nation .

burrata on July 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM

ROCK ON!!

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Oh good grief, Newtie…really?

Jaibones on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Jaibones: Love that tune,..1972-73:0

canopfor on July 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Wow… Mike and the Mechanics “Silent Running” Obama Regime version…

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Axe on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Prayers going up. Hang in there.

CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM

close, but this is more like it…this is the anti common core anthem…Pink Floyd, Brick in the wall Doc Holliday on July 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Yea,, that does fit. Rather well. Even the food part.

wolly4321 on July 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM

ShainS on July 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM

I lost two great-grandmothers that way…one from septicemia and another from eclampsia…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM

crankyoldlady on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Yea … MY BAD!

The “Temporal Distortion Module” is guaranteed to get you the Bishop! …

… but it can create significant space/time eddies …

… and I just patched in some code from the “Infinite Improbability Drive” so I wouldn’t have been too shocked if you said,

“Betelgeuse”

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Dan Folgerberg “Run for the Roses”

The Kentucky Derby…

This was a huge hit in the early 80′s.

ConstantineXI on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Yeah, I really liked that one … painted a beautiful picture of vivid images for me.

ShainS on July 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Could be worse, Doc…you could be in Parm’s situation…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Those two ladies share similar…attributes.

Bathe them, and bring them to me…:)

Doc Holliday on July 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM

You can’t impeach a Pharoah. You can embalm him however.

VorDaj on July 10, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Axe on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Prayers ascending, Axe, for the health and well-being of Mother and Child…

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 11:11 PM

ShainS on July 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Prior to modern Obstetrical techniques, the mortality rate for American women due to childbirth was 1 in 4. That is not a typo.

Doc Holliday on July 10, 2014 at 11:12 PM

PolAgnostic on July 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I forgive you. Just don’t do it again.

crankyoldlady on July 10, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Dang it…need more quarters for the jukebox… :-(

Newtie and the Beauty on July 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Likely excuse. Next up you’ll be Rick-rolling the commenters.

Jaibones on July 10, 2014 at 11:12 PM

gophergirl on July 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM

omg door #1. I would so love to have been Hannity tonight and talking to him ‘off the record.’

CoffeeLover on July 10, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Governor Perry pens follow up letter to President Obama (CLICK TO READ)
***********************************************************************