Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on July 8, 2014 by Allahpundit

Texas Gov. Rick Perry and President Barack Obama will meet in Texas on Wednesday to discuss the crisis along the U.S.-Mexico border, a governor’s spokeswoman said Tuesday.

“Gov. Perry is pleased that President Obama has accepted his invitation to discuss the humanitarian and national security crises along our southern border, and he looks forward to meeting with the president tomorrow,” spokeswoman Lucy Nashed wrote in an email to POLITICO. Nashed said that the meeting will be in Dallas…

“The president would welcome a meeting with you while he is in Texas,” Jarrett wrote in a letter to Perry. She also reiterated the Obama administration’s commitment to addressing the “urgent humanitarian situation” along the border.

***

Glenn Beck on Tuesday announced that he will be bringing tractor-trailers full of food, water, teddy bears and soccer balls to McAllen, Texas on July 19 as a way to help care for some of the roughly 60,000 underage refugees who have crossed into America illegally in 2014…

“Visiting the border, I don’t think that would hurt. It would certainly signal his concern,” Hoyer (D-Md.) said.

But Hoyer added that the trip would be merely a photo-op to show Obama visited.

“But he is very concerned. He’s indicated that. Going to the border, I don’t want to sound too cynical, [would be] a photo-op. The president has been spending a lot of time and effort,” Hoyer said. “Jeh Johnson, [the Homeland Security] secretary, has gone down there, the vice president went down to Central America. It’s clear the administration is very, very engaged.”

***

It’s certainly in part a political decision, one meant to avoid taking ownership of a difficult issue on which the White House would prefer to share blame. But it’s also one that will inflame Obama’s critics on both the right and left who say the administration has been too passive in response to the thousands of young border-crossers swamping U.S. detention facilities.

In other words, if Obama goes to the border, he owns the problem. If he doesn’t, he’s blasted for a lack of leadership

If Obama goes, his presence there would give both liberal and conservative critics further ammunition as they argue Obama’s policies are to blame for the influx. It might even make it more difficult for Obama to marshal public support for any executive actions he may soon take to reform current federal immigration rules. At the same time, being seen at a detention facility among children that face deportation could make him appear uncaring.

***

Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, is worried President Obama’s decision to not visit the U.S-Mexico border while he’s in Texas this week will become his “Katrina moment.”

“I’m sure that President Bush thought the same thing, that he could just look at everything from up in the sky, and then he owned it after a long time,” Cuellar said Monday in a Fox News interview with Neil Cavuto. “So I hope this doesn’t become the Katrina moment for President Obama, saying that he doesn’t need to come to the border. He should come down.”

***

Today President Obama says he needs $3.7 billion from Congress to handle the crisis his lawless policies are creating. Amazingly, the funding request further advertises his administration’s amnesty efforts and our fraud-riddled asylum programs, while explicitly omitting any request for expedited deportation authority. The request is also not paid for. The administration wants to borrow every penny.

President Obama has yielded to the demands of open borders groups, to whom he pledged amnesty in 2008. He has dramatically abandoned his lawful duty to the American people. Immigration enforcement for the world’s most powerful nation is now held hostage by a small band of radical immigration activists. That is why the administration still refuses to deliver the crucial message necessary to halt this flow: if you attempt to cross our border illegally, you will be apprehended and deported.

Most egregiously, the president has announced his intention to yet again bypass Congress in order to expand his far-reaching non-enforcement directives. His unlawful actions guarantee that the $3.7 billion will be only the beginning, and that the deluge of illegal immigration — and the huge costs — will only grow.

***

Via the Corner.

***

“Through no fault of their own, they are caught in political crossfire,” Beck said of the children. “And while we continue to put pressure on Washington and change its course of lawlessness, we must also help. It is not either, or. It is both. We have to be active in the political game, and we must open our hearts.”…

“Everybody is telling me I’m seeing subscriptions down; I’m seeing Mercury One donations down,” Beck said, growing emotional. “I’m getting violent emails from people who say I’ve ‘betrayed the Republic.’ Whatever. I’ve never taken a position more deadly to my career than this — and I have never, ever taken a position that is more right than this.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Who and who?

Resist We Much on July 8, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Who[m] and who[m]?

I fixed your gramer.

Parmenides on July 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM

cozmo on July 8, 2014 at 11:06 PM

The funniest part of the episode if there was one , was Ed posting the warning on the wrong thread at first. Made us all laugh. ; )

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM

. . . OK, if I’m reading this right, I think I can be swaddled in confetti, as long as the person swaddling me isn’t an aunt, a niece, my brother’s wife or daugher — or a servant’s goat . .

. . . yeah, OK.

Yeah, we’re good, Rhonda.

Axe on July 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Why does my “government” hate me?

Who is John Galt on July 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM

OMG. Just got a Sophie Ro BishBop

/hat tip to fore finger mouse clicker

Parmenides on July 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM

[Comment deleted, user banned -- Ed]
nullrouted on July 8, 2014 at 12:40 PM

UN to US thread……so, I should expect bradky to be banned any minute now, right? It’s only been three years.

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Never really noticed nullrouted before. Was it a troll?

OmahaConservative on July 8, 2014 at 11:12 PM

No, I’ve seen him a couple of times. He posted work info on her name. It was against the rules, but I’ve seen worse they the culprits are still here. It’s a troll, though, so special rules, I guess.

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM

When I was in residency in KY, we would get mountain folks who believed a good head of lice meant you were healthy…after all, the lice wouldn’t feed on a sickly person, or so the thinking went.

No, I’m not kidding.

AFK—>back in a bit.

Doc Holliday on July 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I repeat GROSS!!!!!

Now I need to take a shower – blech

gophergirl on July 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM

CSN “Southern Cross”

I am exposing the Irish in me. I love the sea. I love ships.

ConstantineXI on July 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Why don’t you gather your resources and a bunch of doctors and nurses and open hospitals in trailers RIGHT OUTSIDE VA FACILITIES for our suffering vets ?

burrata on July 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I remember a few years ago Beck was whining about not being treated as well as he thought he should have in a hospital.

crankyoldlady on July 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I get the distinct impression that some of the high mucky-mucks are just mailing it in these days.

cozmo on July 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM

[Comment deleted, user banned -- Ed]

nullrouted on July 8, 2014 at 12:40 PM

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM

HornetSting: A Ban-Hammer AirStrike eh, ya that thread
was a min(d)e-field,…and good evening!!:)

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Good evening, Canada.

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM

I wasn’t around for that one, probably different circumstances. For what its worth I didn’t think Ed should have swung the hammer in this instance. Though the book does say he should. nullrouted always seemed okay to me.

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

My gov. has ballz so big he has to cart ‘em around in a Texas Edition pickup…plus he looks quite..pleasant.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 10:56 PM

He’s my Governor too, officially! I MADE IT! Again, I’m a TEXAN! I have the license to prove it – Perry ’16!

Who is John Galt on July 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Israel: The Pounding of IslamicGazaJihadyGoons.

The Associated Press @AP · 12s

Israel’s largest offensive in Gaza since 2012 kills 25; militants fire rockets at Jerusalem, Tel Aviv: http://apne.ws/1oi8Bag
=========

IDF @IDFSpokesperson · 7h

WATCH: Earlier today, Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel from the sea near Zikim. We neutralized them. http://youtu.be/-ff1Vb1ZqSE

Scream’n F-15 Eagles

IDF @IDFSpokesperson · 2h

The 2nd day of Operation Protective Edge has began. The #IDF remains determined to fight #Hamas terror on all fronts

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Cody1991 on July 8, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I doubt it.
What I know it that they come into my store and basically ignore anyone who isn’t muslim…because they’re so effing ‘superior’ to us infidels. They’re gonna love me when I start wearing a Jewish necklace.
Hey-in 21st century Texas-I have freedom of religion too.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Who is John Galt on July 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Congratulations.

crankyoldlady on July 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Sorry, I cannot stomach Terryonline…I was worried
that rogerb was in trouble on that one. He’s
still here right? Anyone know?

ToddPA on July 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Who is John Galt on July 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Welcome!
You’re living in SA-right?

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Who[m] and who[m]?

I fixed your gramer.

Parmenides on July 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Parmenides:Lol,……GrammerNazi,..(kidding):0

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

cozmo on July 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I think Ed finds minding these comment threads tedious for the most part. I have offered to help mind them for him. He doesn’t much trust me with the hammer I reckon. ; )

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

crankyoldlady on July 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I bet he was mistreated by lefty nurses and doctors , but why is he straining his goodwill and resources to win approval from the same lefty dingbats ?

burrata on July 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

He outed me and KingJester…..thankfully, I use another name for my conservative covert ops so I don’t end up with a severed head in my mailbox.

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Who is John Galt on July 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Glad to have you!

KCB on July 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM

ToddPA on July 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Yes rogerb is still here.

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Yep I remember that…

OmahaConservative on July 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM

A big kitty purrs…

ConstantineXI on July 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

“A little closer to my teeth…that’s almost it.”

Steve Eggleston on July 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Lolz! Good to know. ; )

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Why should I be the only one stuck with this lovely earworm.
You’re welcome.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM

KCB on July 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Hi (waving)

Are you back home or still away?

CoffeeLover on July 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I can just picture the meeting between The One and Governor Perry.

The One comes in, whips out his pen and two pieces of paper, signs both, and says, “All those new Hispano-Americans are now citizens, and will be settled in this state. ACORN and SEIU are already registering them as Democrats. Voter education will begin immediately.

“I won. Suck it, motherf**ker.”

Then goes off whistling “Am I Blue” (the George Strait version, not the Ethel Waters version) on the way to his next tee time.

This POTUS does not do “compromise”.

clear ether

eon

eon on July 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Eyes no way marriun ah dood named Humpadick – prince or not.

Resist We Much on July 8, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Um. — Nah, I’ll take it. :)

Because, RWM, honestly, in the Fire Swamp, only TrueLove™ is going to jump into the sand with a vine. Anything less than that will be all “O NOES!” — which is great, but not as good as someone jumping into the sand with a vine. And when you catch on fire, you would get “O NOES!” –but what you really want under those circumstances is someone to pat you out and say, “Singed a bit, were we?”

peep: *ahem* –Singed a bit, were we?

^Like that.

Axe on July 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM

You’re living in SA-right?

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

More or less where I did in the USAF decades ago, yeah SA more or less;) If it wasn’t for that terrible boating accident on the Guadalupe River, BISHOP!

Who is John Galt on July 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Good evening, Canada.

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM

HornetSting: Likewise:0

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM

You’re living in SA-right?

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Who is John Galt on July 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM

I hear they’re bellyaching about lifting that can ban.

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Not as into Perry as some of you guys. He said without bothering to back it up.

Axe on July 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM

have they fixed that hole yet daddy?

PackerBronco on July 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Who[m] and who[m]?

I fixed your gramer.

Parmenides on July 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Parmenides:Lol,……GrammerNazi,..(kidding):0

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Grammar

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Yes rogerb is still here.

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Thanks. Goodnight all.

ToddPA on July 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Thanks, alt. Pretty much what I thought. Looking for the “compassion” factor which looks to be on the shoulders of certain groups – as always.

I know you will look beautiful in your necklace and that you will wear it well…. tasteful with a little sparkle? That will make them crazy(er).

BTW, I am a Perry fan. Yep, I like him with his faults, and I think he’s damned good looking…. always have.

Cheers!

Cody1991 on July 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Send every last one of them to San Fran, let’s see that city really roll out the welcome mat and find a place for a few hundred thousand new citizens.

Bishop on July 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Are you back home or still away?

CoffeeLover on July 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Got home a couple of hours ago. The animals are ecstatic!

KCB on July 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Back in the day, did the person who posted ALT’s place of employment get banned as well?

Good Solid B-Plus on July 8, 2014 at 11:30 PM

KCB on July 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM

I bet. You are probably glad to be home too. Love to go but I love coming home :)

CoffeeLover on July 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Did Nullrooted get banned for outing the sheebeast?

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM

terryannonline, the hag who post all about herself, whined to Ed, privately, about being outed.

Yes and yes to your questions, HS.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM

V7 found my utube account once. He was obviously searching, because I never linked to it in any way.

Ed contacted me. And let it go.

I didn’t really care, it was just dumb stuff on there.

Point being though,, adversaries look.

Terryonline didn’t hide anything, including her name. Job,, email, pic,

She put it all out there.

wolly4321 on July 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM

thanks gf!!! (waving)

CoffeeLover on July 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM

I’m just happy you’re vertical, GF!

Newtie and the Beauty on July 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM

who posts all her pictures, favorite things and who is an illegal invasion scumhag…

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I hope that terryann sleeps on thorns tonight. She made her bed.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I hear they’re bellyaching about lifting that can ban.

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Everyone’s always bellyache-ing about something. It’d be nice nice if they were beayching about the Communists taking over the Federal Government!

Who is John Galt on July 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Valarie Jarret Weighs In:

Eric Schultz @Schultz44 · 5h

Obama ‘would welcome’ visit with Perry to talk about the border http://shar.es/NX2lK via @statesman
=====================================

Updated: 11:16 p.m. Monday, July 7, 2014 | Posted: 10:57 p.m. Monday, July 7, 2014
Obama ‘would welcome’ visit with Perry to talk about the border
***************************************************************

By Jonathan Tilove

American-Statesman Staff

Gov. Rick Perry Monday turned down what he characterized as President Barack Obama’s offer for a “quick handshake on the Tarmac” when the president arrives in Austin on Wednesday. But Perry said he would juggle his schedule to accommodate a “substantive meeting” with Obama on border security any time during his two-day visit to Texas.

Late Monday, Valerie Jarrett, senior advisor to President Obama, replied to Perry affirmatively, saying, “The president would welcome a meeting with you while he is in Texas.”

In the two-page letter obtained first by the American-Statesman, Jarrett also invited Perry to join faith leaders and local elected officials for a round table discussion on the border that has been added to the president’s schedule while he is in Dallas on Wednesday. It wasn’t immediately clear how Perry would respond.

The president is spending two days in Texas, raising money for national Democratic coffers in Dallas on Wednesday and in Austin on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning. His only public event in Austin will be a discussion of the economy at the Paramount Theater on Congress Avenue on mid-day Thursday. There was no plan to visit the southern border while in Texas, but the newly-added Dallas round table means that he will be addressing the issue of illegal immigration head-on while in the state.

“As you know, the administration continues to address this urgent humanitarian situation with a whole-of-government response on both sides of the border,” Jarrett wrote Perry. “This includes appropriate care for unaccompanied children, as well as aggressive steps to surge resources to the Southwest border to deter both adults and children from embarking on this dangerous journey, increasing capacity for enforcement and removal proceedings, and quick return of recent unlawful border crossers to their home countries after appropriate humanitarian screenings have taken place and they are determined to be removable.”

The surprising turn of events came in response to a letter from Perry to the president earlier in the day in which, he wrote, “I appreciate the offer to greet you at Austin-Bergstrom Airport, but a quick handshake on the Tarmac will not allow for a thoughtful discussion regarding the humanitarian and national security crises enveloping the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas. I would instead offer to meet with you at any time during your visit to Texas for a substantive meeting to discuss this critical issue. With the appropriate notice, I am willing to change my schedule to facilitate this request.”

Perry has been harshly critical of the president on what he contends is the administration’s failure to seal the border or anticipate the growing tide of new arrivals, most of them children from Central America.

“I don’t believe he particularly cares whether or not the border of the United States is secure,” Perry said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” charging the president was either “inept” or had an “ulterior motive” in failing to secure the border.

The White House has been dismissive of Perry’s rhetoric on the developing situation, which has become the focus of national attention and has offered Perry, who is contemplating another run for president, a chance to go head-t0-head with the president on an issue with great resonance among the Republican Party base.

“The truth is, it’s hard to take seriously Governor Perry’s concerns,” White House press secretary Josh Earnest said last week. Instead of lecturing the president, Earnest said Perry might more usefully lobby House Republicans from Texas to support comprehensive immigration reform, which the administration contends would get to the root of the problem.

At a congressional field hearing in McAllen last week, Perry called for swiftly deporting the illegal border-crossers. Obama is seeking $2 billion to expand detention facilities and expedite deportation proceedings.

The president has not been to the Rio Grande Valley to see first-hand what is going on, and Perry and other Republicans — including Attorney General Greg Abbott and Sen. John Cornyn — have chided Obama for not building a border visit into this Texas trip.

In her letter, Jarrett said that on Tuesday the president would request supplemental appropriations legislation to bolster efforts with regard deterrence and enforcement, to seek greater foreign cooperation for repatriating and reintegrating those being sent home, and to increase the capacity to detain, care and transport the unaccompanied children now in custody.

“The President hopes you will join him in urging Congress to quickly pass the emergency funding to deal with the current situation at the border,” Jarrett wrote Perry.

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Did Nullrooted get banned for outing the sheebeast?

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Yes and yes to your questions, HS.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Thank you, Schad.

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on July 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM

me too LOL

CoffeeLover on July 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Love to go but I love coming home :)

CoffeeLover on July 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Exactly.

KCB on July 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on July 8, 2014 at 11:30 PM

He did indeed.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Parmenides:Lol,……GrammerNazi,..(kidding):0

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Grammar

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM

SpelingNazi

/hat tip Websturs Dixonary

Parmenides on July 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Bishop on July 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Better, yet, send them all to Zuckerman and the illegal invasion and amnesty shills’ homes.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Parmenides on July 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Just making fun of the Canadian, Greek one.

Evening HA, just not the Ed-whiners. You can all go to Hades.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I hear they’re bellyaching about lifting that can ban.

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Who is John Galt on July 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Don’t count on it. SA media loves their illegals. I had to keep from putting my foot through my parent’s TV.

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 10:56 PM

signed a fellow ORIGINAL Perry girl

gophergirl on July 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM

A quorum of Texans having been established,
the question put forward is based on the following presumption:

Neither the Texas Constitution, nor the Constitution of the united States, explicitly or implicitly disallows the secession of Texas (or any other “free and independent State”) from the United States. Joining the “Union” was ever and always voluntary, rendering voluntary withdrawal an equally lawful and viable option (regardless of what any self-appointed academic, media, or government “experts”—including Abraham Lincoln himself—may have ever said).

Both the original (1836) and the current (1876) Texas Constitutions also state that “All political power is inherent in the people … they have at all times the inalienable right to alter their government in such manner as they might think proper.”

Would it be within the realm of the possible for Texas to implement a secession from the United States coincident with Barack Obama stepping foot on the runway, thereby allowing Governor Perry of the Republic of Texas to have Obama placed under arrest for high crimes and misdemeanors committed against the State and citizens of Texas?

Discuss amongst yourselves!

Newtie, a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, please.

PolAgnostic on July 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM

bluegill, who intimidated you on HA?

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:33 PM

We never hear from Jarrett. They must not trust him to say anything himself.

crankyoldlady on July 8, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Is Obama administration sending ILLEGAL Invaders to your neighborhood?

Here is what they are looking for as they try to find housing for the young INVADERS

Desperate to figure out what to do with thousands of illegal immigrants that have been apprehended at the U.S. border, the federal government has created an email address to gather leads on facilities that could be used to house them.

The plea, contained in an email sent by Tara Corrigan of the White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs and obtained by Los Angeles’s KFI News, also provides insight into how the Obama administration is helping coordinate the massive surge of illegal immigrants, which it calls an “unprecedented event.”

“Given that one of the challenges [the Department of Health and Human Services] HHS is facing is finding suitable facilities for unaccompanied children, I wanted to forward this e-mail from [Federal Emergency Management Agency] FEMA below to see if you all have folks in your networks that know of suitable facilities in your area,” reads Corrigan’s email, which she sent to local lawmakers on July 3.

FEMA is heading the overall effort while HHS, through the Office of Refugee Resettlement, is in charge of finding temporary housing for them.

“As you are aware, there has been an increase in the number of very young children making this journey,” reads FEMA’s email, forwarded by Corrigan. “This is an unprecedented event that requires unique approaches to temporarily house children until they can be discharged to a sponsor while awaiting judicial proceedings.”

Instead of returning the children to their home countries, U.S. immigration policy requires that they be turned over to HHS. The agency then houses them until they can be placed with a sponsor or relative.

In its email, FEMA says that it has received a number of suggestions and offers of shelter options.

“To facilitate these offers of assistance, we have created a central e-mail account to manage such requests,” the email continues.

FEMA also provides a list of requirements that facilities must meet in order to be considered for use.

They must be within 50 miles of a major city — defined as having a population of more than 200,000 — and be near an airport.

The facilities must also be at least 90,000 square feet in size, with each resident requiring at least 80 square feet of space.

It has to be leasable and “move-in ready.” Ideal building types include empty office areas, box stores, warehouses, shopping malls, aircraft hangers, hotels and dorms.

The FEMA email also lists such amenities as showers, toilets, kitchen and cafeteria space, recreational space and educational facilities as preferable but not required. “Climate-controlled” facilities are also preferred, but not required.

Besides those locations, the agency has struggled to find other large housing facilities, either because of local opposition or because the facilities were deemed unsuitable for use. Last month, residents of Lawrenceville, Virginia forced HHS officials to back off of a plan to send hundreds of unaccompanied children to St. Paul’s College. Residents of two California towns, Escondido and Murietta, have recently voiced their opposition to similar plans.

NOW would be a good time to call your local politicians to find out if ILLEGAL Invaders are being sent to your neighborhood.

If you wait until the kids arrive, it will be too late to protect your neighborhood and schools.

wren on July 8, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Glenn Beck has gone too far. So now all the true conservatives are all about supporting anchor babies and publicly weeping big salty tears over MLK? lol – pathetic.

abobo on July 8, 2014 at 11:38 PM

The gov’t pays the churches, with your taxdollars, to destroy you.

Soon they’ll ask that you take the illegals into your homes.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:38 PM

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Grammar

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Schadenfreude: Lol,….SpellingGestopo,..hey Shad, I don’t want
to see you get banned over Lefties,..*wink-wink*:0

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:38 PM

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Haven’t seen much of this, I’m only in Laredo every 2-3 days, but I’ve noticed a lot fewer Border Patrol vehicles goofing off on I-35 south of San Antonio.

And I know they were goofing off, because they were on I-35 instead of patrolling the thousand miles on the Rio Grande shore-border east or west of Laredo.

Who is John Galt on July 8, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Boycott Costco and call them up about removing the America book from their shelves. They put it back up, but the goons at Costco live in obama’s azz. They removed the book on July 1, the day the movie came out.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:39 PM

gg, I think this is the song, American Kids, by Chesney, you tried to link to earlier. Like it, too.

TXUS on July 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM

crankyoldlady on July 8, 2014 at 11:37 PM

that was unusual wasn’t it COL (Waving)

CoffeeLover on July 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM

hey Schad, I don’t want
to see you get banned over Lefties,..*wink-wink*:0

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:38 PM

You worry about nothing. Getting banned is a huge honor. Plus, it means very little. Evey banned one is back here.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Every banned one, but you knew what I meant.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Evey banned one is back here.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Not true. Horace.

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM

PolAgnostic on July 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM

I don’t know about the legalities-but it the moves would certainly have the support of the citizens.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM

wren on July 8, 2014 at 11:38 PM

This is only until they force you to take them into your homes.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM

w Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico OmahaConservative on July 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM

ALT and I mentioned that program by name. It didn’t go over well.

You can’t even submit a wikipedia link to it, here.

Never mind it’s documented history.

wolly4321 on July 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Not true. Horace.

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Might not be true for the one banned today.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM

TXUS on July 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Yep that’s it!

gophergirl on July 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM

PolAgnostic on July 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM

You like Perry, right?

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Eh, I make Eggleston look like Speedy Gonzalez. So hard to put some things into words. And I always seem to be out at my limit.

I need to write about . . . purses or something.

/miscellaneus-b!tching

Axe on July 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM

If you meant the Horace is not back, you must be kidding. He argued for an entire night with me on a QotD, and then took off, but is not banned, under new name.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Barack Obama
13h
Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas, on border crisis: ‘This really is Obama’s Katrina’ – @igorbobic

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:45 PM

that was unusual wasn’t it COL (Waving)

CoffeeLover on July 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Waving back.

crankyoldlady on July 8, 2014 at 11:45 PM

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Having Jarrett write that letter to Perry instead making contact himself was an Obama power play and a way he thought he could jab Perry.

INC on July 8, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM

I have not seen him.

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:45 PM

How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico

OmahaConservative on July 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Thanks, OC. The information and links are what drew me to HA years ago.

PolAgnostic on July 8, 2014 at 11:46 PM

ALT and I mentioned that program by name. It didn’t go over well.

You can’t even submit a wikipedia link to it, here.

Never mind it’s documented history.

wolly4321 on July 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Yep, I know. That was why I was careful about which link I posted…

OmahaConservative on July 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM

About 3000 diseased parasites can be housed in Pelosi’s vineyard alone, about 1000 more in her house and about 500 more along the wall around her estate. Another 1000 can be lodged in her house in SF. That takes care of 5500 right there. Remember, she wanted to take them home with her !

burrata on July 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM

wren on July 8, 2014 at 11:38 PM

There’s a nice big empty school up in the next village but don’t tell anybody.

crankyoldlady on July 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Don’t. EVEN. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on July 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I have not seen him.

Bmore on July 8, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Has new nom. Went nuts one night and then got bored.

Wasn’t it hilarious how the hag vanished today. I hope her soul never recovers, for wronging others unjustly.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Newtie, a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, please.
PolAgnostic on July 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters for ALL!! NOTE: Usual Caveats Apply

And, to really help us get into the spirit of things, everyone (well, almost…see above note…) gets a pair of Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses…

[enters under "Zaphod Beeblebrox Look-Alike Contest"...]

Newtie and the Beauty on July 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Thanks, OC. The information and links are what drew me to HA years ago.

PolAgnostic on July 8, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Yep, me too. That and the boss emeritus…

OmahaConservative on July 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM

The Washington Times @WashTimes · 9h

#Arizona Gov. Brewer blasts ‘imperial’ #Obama for failing to secure border – http://wtim.es/1k2ihVh @JessicaChasmar

The Washington Times @WashTimes · 13h

Appeals court rules immigrant ‘dreamers’ can get driver’s licenses – Washington Times: http://wtim.es/1k2lfsL

The Washington Times @WashTimes · 5h

Chemical weapons now in ISIL’s hands: Iraqi ambassador http://wtim.es/1qT8Z5t #security #WMD #MiddleEast

canopfor on July 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM

What happened with the hag?

OmahaConservative on July 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Bishop on July 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM

200-250 unaccompanied ILLEGAL minors per MONTH are already coming to San Francisco to join the existing large ILLEGAL population.

San Francisco’s homeless population is not going to like it when “their” resources are shifted to support the new ILLEGALS.

San Francisco’s schools are also going to be a lot more crowded in the Fall.

If you live in or near San Francisco, call Nancy Pelosi’s office to complain NOW!

wren on July 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM

burrata on July 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Careful about using the ‘p’ word in reference to illegals.
They consider referring to illegals as bugs or diseases to be ban-worthy.
Just trust me on this.