New golden age begins: Rosie O’Donnell returning to “The View”

posted at 7:21 pm on July 8, 2014 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, only the oldest of old-school Hot Air readers know how much this means to a site that used to rely on her for insane 9/11 Truth clips damn near every day. When she left the show in 2007, I promised myself I wouldn’t quit HA until two things happened: Rosie was back where she belonged, and America had an atheist president. Today, the first of those two conditions is fulfilled.

Whereas the second was fulfilled five years ago.

It’s been real, guys.

Rosie O’Donnell has made her deal with “The View” … sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ…

TMZ broke the story … the negotiations fired up a few days ago and the deal was almost completed by end of business day Monday.

The deal is now complete. Rosie will join Whoopi Goldberg on the show. As we reported, producers are also looking for a Latina and a conservative. Two conservative candidates who are being scoped are Abby Huntsman and Margaret Hoover.

Abby Huntsman co-hosts a show on MSNBC and has been known to grumble that one of the Romney boys should primary Mike Lee in Utah, so yeah, she’s a natural choice for ABC’s resident “conservative.”

To celebrate the occasion, take my arm and stroll with me down memory lane, back to Rosie’s finest hour. Watch the whole clip if you can — she mentions impeachment around halfway through, a topic not unknown to would-be “View” panelists — but if you can’t take the full seven minutes, at least skip to 5:50 and watch from there. The line about how fire’s never melted steel before always makes me wistful for the show’s heyday. Sigh. Exit question: Given that Jenny McCarthy’s brand of kookery actually contributes to children dying, Rosie’s Trutherism should probably be considered an upgrade, no? Good work, ABC.

Comments

Now even more bitter and more gay.

Oil Can on July 8, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Obama isn’t atheist he worships himself….

sorrowen on July 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM

After that picture back on the diet.

CW on July 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM

That’s not going to be pretty.

anotherJoe on July 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM

If you’re happy, AP, we’re happy. But I have to wonder if the years haven’t mellowed her? Older and wiser. A lot thinner I hear. Kid in the military. Why did she even come back? Does she need the money? With the way she goes thru “wives” and snatches babies, she may need the gig for her excessive alimony, no?

Blake on July 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Palin talk scared the cr@p outta them.
Rebound.

pambi on July 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Wow. Michelle is looking rough.

rogerb on July 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Yet another in a loooooong list of reasons I don’t watch that mental wasteland called “The View.” Because there ISN’T one, with those idiots on the show.

theotherone on July 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Well I guess ” THIS ” is where we are .
Say hello to the new TMZ .

Lucano on July 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Yet another in a loooooong list of reasons . . .

AGREED

Nat George on July 8, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Ending the speculation that America was in decline…by proving it.

EA_MAN on July 8, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Whereas the second was fulfilled five years ago.

The whole first page of that link provides ample evidence against your assertion.

Anyway, if you leave, most near everyone else will as well.

nobar on July 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

What about rosie in stirrups? That was a classic.

lorien1973 on July 8, 2014 at 7:34 PM

She belongs on the View though, along with the other looney tunes.

cat_owner on July 8, 2014 at 7:34 PM

-Allahpundit

I hope you never leave. You are an amazing writer, and every post of yours is a worthwhile read. You are this site’s best blogger. None of your posts feel “phoned in” or feel as if they were done just because you needed to get your minimum number of posts up. Your recent coverage of the illegal alien amnesty issue had been good.

I hope you know how much you are appreciated.

bluegill on July 8, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Neither are conservatives. They are rinos to the core. They are nasty rinos who look down on conservatives and only want to destroy conservatism. So, I’m sure they got a shot at getting on the show.

Blake on July 8, 2014 at 7:35 PM

*Allahpundit, your recent coverage of amnesty has been good, not “had” been. That was a typo.

bluegill on July 8, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Allah’s best when he’s writing about the Undead – though like every other subject he’s wrong! wrong! wrong! :)

Blake on July 8, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Filthy pig

phxconservative on July 8, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Sadly, 7 years ago Rosie was considered fringe.

Now a 9-11 Truther is a CNN anchor.

faraway on July 8, 2014 at 7:40 PM

That fella sure looks angry!

trs on July 8, 2014 at 7:40 PM

AP is bringing the pain today.
My eyes!

HornetSting on July 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

That’s a good picture of coolrepublica up there. Where’s Rosie??

bimmcorp on July 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Watching the View–especially with Rosie aboard–is a very effective natural birth control for men, and at least on that score is Catholic approved.

RBMN on July 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM

What about rosie in stirrups? That was a classic.

lorien1973 on July 8, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Good God, man.!.!.!.!.! My brain!! I need brain bleach…STAT!!!

bimmcorp on July 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM

The only people watching that show are the brain dead!

Bakokitty on July 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM

How does one say ….DOUCHE!!!!!

SMACKRUNNER on July 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Happy days are here again!

flipflop on July 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Black lesbian, white lesbian, a “Latina”, and a conservative.

I’m not seeing the Asian chick mentioned anywhere unless they fill that spot with the conservative.

I’m thinking….Michelle Malkin.

Imagine Malkin arguing with a certified pie-head such as Rosie O’Donnell….hoooo boy, I would pay money to watch the show.

Bishop on July 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Doubling down on liberal and ugly…that should be winner.

jaywemm on July 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM

I’m sure she’s much thinner, reasonable and more open to other ideas now…

*gag*

BigWyo on July 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Way to make me feel old, bro.

Nessuno on July 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM

When…OH…WHEN … Will Americans REVOLT!!!!

SMACKRUNNER on July 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please don’t leave ;___; <— crying face

jk but really, if you were to leave i'd be so sad. i love your writing, so much.

Sachiko on July 8, 2014 at 7:48 PM

What, were her other ventures failing so she had to go back to the view just to earn some money?

sadatoni on July 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Would that “golden age” be anything like a “golden shower?”

There Goes the Neighborhood on July 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Black lesbian, white lesbian, a “Latina”, and a conservative.

I’m thinking….Michelle Malkin.

Bishop on July 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM

yes yes yes please let this happen. i need a front row seat!

Sachiko on July 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Good God, man.!.!.!.!.! My brain!! I need brain bleach…STAT!!!

bimmcorp on July 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Upside down in stirrups.

lorien1973 on July 8, 2014 at 7:50 PM

LOL, *that* will certainly improve the show. /

Midas on July 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

The stupidity on this show….it burns!
A bunch of hack rabid liberal women spewing verbal sewage that other foolish dolts invite into their homes as they sit on the couch in a stupor of ignorance.

Bakokitty on July 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

How does one say ….DOUCHE!!!!!

SMACKRUNNER on July 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Rosie.

bimmcorp on July 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Blake on July 8, 2014 at 7:35 PM

So, either one would be a perfect fit….

There Goes the Neighborhood on July 8, 2014 at 7:52 PM

A little fast setting epoxy on the “previous channel” button of the remote and I won’t be watching any episodes in the future, either.

WryTrvllr on July 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM

That clip right there…

Jesus…

Y’all should STFU, cook me dinner, and have babies….

Seriously, I think the very first episode of Rosco’s Rosie’s return should be her having to watch that very clip, and then answering a few questions regarding the current administration…

Ratings gold.

BigWyo on July 8, 2014 at 7:54 PM

This changes everything! I’ll be sure to tune in now. /

green bean on July 8, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I think they should also consider Charles Manson, and Roman Polanski as co-hosts.

faraway on July 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM

oink oink, scissor me!

burserker on July 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM

If Michelle Rodriguez can be turned straight by Zac Ephron, I’m sure AP has a crack at Rosie…

Blake on July 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Don’t care. Rosie and the rest of the view can GFThemselves.

Meople on July 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Bakokitty

+1 Perfectly said!

Typicalwhitewoman on July 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM

WryTrvllr on July 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM

True story, and OT…

I was mildly interested in the World Cup and at one point, actually watched 2 full games in one day…but to the point. I thought it was strange that when I hit my ‘previous channel’ (from ESPN)…it didn’t work. And this wasn’t just one day…

Not kidding..if there was a WC game on, My Direct TV would not return to the previous channel unless I went one up or down..I just checked it and now it works fine…They even have WC themed crap on now, but not a game.

This is on 2 separate TVs with 2 separate remotes/boxes…

Kinda forgot about it until I saw the above post.

BigWyo on July 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM

AP’s Rosie threads were classics…

OmahaConservative on July 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM

faraway on July 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Heh.

They could occasionally do remotes from various other prisons with other heroes such as Mumia Abu-Jamal as well …

ShainS on July 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Bakokitty

Indeed.

But I’m betting the live audience is chock full of bright, thoughtful, attractive women.

lol…

BigWyo on July 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM

lol…

BigWyo on July 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Also wondering if you can get a ticket to the show with an EBT card.

BigWyo on July 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM

AP, technically Obama may not be an atheistas he does believe in himself quite a lot.

AllahpunditAkbar.com is still available……

can_con on July 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Herpes is a reoccurring problem also.

lel2007 on July 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM

So, just to get this straight: a television show dumped its resident anti-vaxxer and welcomed back its 9/11 truther.

Progress.

Ed Morrissey on July 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM

She saved you from traffic seppuku!

WisCon on July 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Don’t care. Rosie and the rest of the view can GFThemselves.

Meople on July 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Well, I don’t know about the Latina and the conservative, but Whoopie and Rosie already do FThemselves, basically.

(bleach)

(more bleach)

Dolce Far Niente on July 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM

The most hilarious Fire Melts steel article ever, courtesy of Ace of Spades

Ahem.

Look, I don’t mean to sound like a smarty-pants here, but here’s a scientific fact this ignoramuses want to check out:

Many solids change suddenly into liquids as they hit their melting point. Water ice, for example.

But water ice is just one kind of solid. There is an entire class of elements — we call these “metals” (and no I’m not trying to be silly– they’re really called “metals”) which change from solid to liquid gradually and gracefully, rather than abruptly.

There is a sharp distinction between water ice and water liquid — the things have entirely different properties. But metals transition slowly as heat as applied. Metals do not suddenly go from a perfect crystalline solid to a perfect amorphous liquid as water does.

Rather, at high temperatures well short of their actual melting point, they slowly begin losing some properties of a solid and start gaining some properties of a liquid.

For example: You can’t bend ice. Ice does not bend. Ice breaks.

But you can bend metal. Metal is deformable, without actually breaking.

And as metal gets hotter, it becomes more and more deformable. It begins losing its rigid, fully-solid aspect and gains a more… well, let me put this in terms Salon can understand: Metal becomes bi-statal, or liquid-curious.

This is because metal atoms are not held together in a rigid crystal structure, in which one atom forms a bond with the next, as in water ice, but rather some kind of (and I admit my memory fails me) loose system in which electrons are shared like a river and one atom can float gracefully past the next, if external force or heat is applied.

I don’t know why I have to explain this. It’s been explained six thousand times before. The “melting point” of steel — whatever it is, say 4000 C — is the point at which steel becomes a pool of red-hot liquid.

But for “metals,” that “melting point” is a sliding scale — at 800 C, it becomes more pliant, and begins to sag and lose integrity, at 1200 it actually starts drooping if there is weight on it, at 1600 it might start drooping and buckling under its own weight, etc.

There are a lot of people who suddenly think they’re Chemical Engineers but never got round to the part of the chemistry textbook — and it’s like chapter 4, not chapter 40 — that explains that metals have all sorts of special properties, including, inter alia, conductivity, deformability, and, especial, gradual transition between solid and liquid forms.

You don’t even have to work with metal to understand this: a perfectly common substance, called glass, has this same “liquid crystal” property, and will also buckle, warp, bend, droop, and deform when heat is applied, long before it actually pools into a liquid.

But carry on, Salon. You’re… You’re what you are. You’re what you always have been: Dumb and arrogantly so.

I look forward to all the media coverage which will surely flow from this recent discovery, that whole swathes of the Dumb Left are prone to paranoid and ignorant conspiracy theories, and are also Anti-Science.

Any moment now. I can hear the water churning behind the floodgates.

The comments are priceless.

can_con on July 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM

‘The View’ … starring … Jack-O-Lantern Head, and Tinkle-Pants Goldbong

Pork-Chop on July 8, 2014 at 8:29 PM

As a political junkie – why is this of any interest to me. Is she taking in Latin American children refugees?

koaiko on July 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM

The love that dare not speak its name — Rosie and AP.

Blake on July 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Progress.

Ed Morrissey on July 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Ed that would be special enlightened snowflake progress…

And don’t quit nuthin’ AP….ya gotta cover the apocalypse with Ace.

God Bless Texas.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2014 at 8:38 PM

New golden age begins: Rosie O’Donnell returning to “The View”

…are they going to have a Buffett in front of them…on the set?

JugEarsButtHurt on July 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Yep, back when this was a conservative blog, lol. Good times, man, good times.

abobo on July 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Rosie is right about building 7!!

And anyone who lives in a skyscraper or has a business in one believes her!!

Why would you live in or have your business in a building in which one of your neighbors could start a bad fire and within 3 hours have the building with all your stuff collapse into a pile of dust??

KenInIL on July 8, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Well… they did need someone as crude, offensive and Liberal as Baba Wawa…

Not to mention if O’D sits next to Whoopi their crude sleaze could offset the way phase cancellation reduces noise.

viking01 on July 8, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Would someone please show me a link to the Bush administration’s supposed repeated blaming of Iraq for 9/11 as justification for the invasion?
I am so tired of that meme.

In the nine months the Bush administration was making the case to go in to Iraq, I don’t remember a single instance of blaming Saddam for 9/11.

Did I somehow miss that?

B4B on July 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM

This will go over like a Fart in Church…

ToddPA on July 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Hard to believe O’Donnell’s been off the show for seven years. That’ s like 49 in Rosie years…

jon1979 on July 8, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Man, this takes me back. Makes me want to post haikus to commemorate.

James on July 8, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Haha. She’s never seen me with a couple of ounces of silver in a crucible and a rosebud tip on my oxy-propane torch. There’s nothing gradual about it. Although, I am rather graceful.

trigon on July 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM

The View needs to hire the Bob Beckel of conservatives — a clown.

John the Libertarian on July 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I watched the whole clip; I feel so grimey.

Rosie and Whoopi: ching chong rape rape.

Mallard T. Drake on July 9, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Whew, the first time metal has ever melted by fire in history? Ever been to a foundry? How do you think those support beams are made. She’s not only dumb but angry and gay. So sad.

sy212 on July 9, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Obama isn’t atheist he worships himself….

sorrowen on July 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Strictly speaking, that goes for most atheists.

listens2glenn on July 9, 2014 at 1:50 AM

It’s been real, guys.

I LOL’d.

clancy_wiggum on July 9, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Because nothing says ratings like an angry, loathsome bull dyke lesbian. Didn’t she accuse her father of rape? no that was the other fat crapmouth.

Lonetown on July 9, 2014 at 6:47 AM

I guess by a liberal’s definition those women are conservatives but not by anyone else’s. Neither one is going to be a pull for conservative viewers.

katiejane on July 9, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Fat, stupid and monkey butt ugly is clearly her chosen path through life.

Luthier on July 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I read ABC’s “conservative choice” will probably be someone more offensive to Conservatives than Meghan McCain: MSNBC’s Abby Huntsman. Aren’t you excited?

Marcus on July 9, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Here is a Beastie Boy tribute to welcome Rosie back to the view, “Heart Attack Man”:

FrankT on July 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM