Coming soon to “The View”: Sarah Palin?

posted at 6:01 pm on July 7, 2014 by Allahpundit

Hard to tell if she’s kidding or not, but it’s interesting that she brought up the vacancies on the “View” panel, not her interviewer.

Any interest in doing a political talk show, either on TV, radio or the Internet?

Maybe. But the politics would have to be interspersed with a whole lot of fun and real life and inspiration showcasing American work ethic, because those topics are all pretty much the antithesis of today’s politics, which I find incorrigibly disastrous! It’d be so much fun to shake it up taking on issues that make audiences objectively consider all sides, and I’d do it with my own real-life groundedness, candor and commonsense that I’m known for. Media needs that today, versus the condescension that oozes from TV and radio. I hear everyone recently got canned from The View, maybe a show like that needs a punch of reality and a voice of reason from America’s heartland to knock some humble sense into their scripts. You know, someone willing to go rogue.

Hard to argue with this:

Whoopi’s the only mainstay left after Barbara Walters retired and Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy allegedly got fired. Bring in Palin and you solve a bunch of problems — a more ideologically diverse panel, more media attention for a show that’s gotten stale, and a ratings boost as more conservatives start to watch and more liberals start to hate-watch. It’d be a chance for Palin too to show her critics she’s not as scripted as they’re always accusing her of being. Question, though: What would the rest of the panel look like? Lefties will demand bloodsport with Palin there; either it’ll be three against one, with Whoopi joining two other liberals, or they’ll have to do some sort of two versus two “Crossfire” arrangement. Who ends up being the other liberal and other conservative? Don’t necessarily think of women: Per EW, they might be ready to add a male panelist or two. Which is good, because I know just the guy to liven up a show that’s in the doldrums. He’s unemployed, interested in being on TV, has some political experience, and would, I suspect, be thrilled at having a mostly female fan base. It’s time, my friends.

Incidentally, does Palin’s interest in “The View” mean she isn’t interested in Fox News’s new “View”-ish show at noon, “Outnumbered”? I’m imagining a Fox VP reading that Q&A above and wondering why she hasn’t approached them about being a panelist on their network. Maybe she wants a bigger platform and more established brand, or maybe Fox foolishly didn’t approach her about “Outnumbered.” Strange, though.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

If you’ve ever watched The View you’d know Palin’s just pulling lib legs. That vapid show isn’t interested in any real life or high lighting work ethic.

katiejane on July 7, 2014 at 7:13 PM

It’s hilarious how many keep failing for Palin’s snark..:)

She’s just exposing their left wing slant.

idesign on July 7, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Palin on The View with Anthony Weiner and Whoopi Goldberg..That would be comedy gold..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2014 at 7:29 PM

They might be interested in hiring her just so they could then fire her. Their viewers would like that.

Toocon on July 7, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I don’t think The View will go with hiring her. They have alot of A List Celebrities that show up, if Sarah were a host they might not even bother showing up. Too much of a hassle foe The View

LurkerDood on July 7, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Baba Wawa wouldn’t have awowed it.

slickwillie2001 on July 7, 2014 at 7:43 PM

What is she doing these days that would need “altering”? I’m not being snarky, I really don’t know what she is doing with herself on a day-to-day basis.

JetBoy on July 7, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Maybe you don’t mean to be snarky, but your comment is really stupid. It’s as if you are clueless when it comes to the Palin family. Does anyone see Palin uprooting her family from a life they love in Alaska to do a show based in NYC and which is full of haters, both the on-air non-talent and the production crew?

NoNails on July 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Those hens on The View couldn’t deal with the honesty, intelligence,and conservative correctness of Sarah Palin.

idesign on July 7, 2014 at 7:51 PM

No way Palin would ever be hired to go on the View. And don’t trivialize this silly little show..has a huge influence on women…those that vote

Redford on July 7, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I have always believed that the greatest threat Palin poses to the Left is as a shock trooper in the Culture War.

For that reason alone, the dimwits at The View would never have her.

The Barracuda would eat them alive, and they would never allow Palin to have daily, semi-unfiltered access to their audience.

The cognitive dissonance factor would be to great; the Left would never risk it.

Bruno Strozek on July 7, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Think she’s pulling someones (a lot of someones) leg…

Look how quickly it gets covered though and just when she’s again deamed irrelevant!

Nice to see a Palin mention after a long HA drought, but would have preferred something of more substance. Between the lack of coverage and her being intentionally left off the presidential polls here, I find I no longer come to Hot Air as often as I did. Only AP’s snark pulls me back.

Just watched The Undefeated this afternoon and really detest the GOPe and far left even more than usual right now.

unaffiliated on July 7, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Redford on July 7, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I have a feeling you’re a loyal viewer…LMAO

idesign on July 7, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Is the ‘V’ for ‘view’ or ‘vagina’, I always thought it was ‘The View from the Vagina’. Either way, the “intellect” on this program is way beyond my grasp.

lel2007 on July 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Sorry, Sarah…I like ya, but no way I’d watch those harridans on The View unless they were star guests for a Salem Witch Trial & BBQ…

BlaxPac on July 7, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I think we have a consensus, she yankin’ some chain. Good for her!

SMACKRUNNER on July 7, 2014 at 8:10 PM

NoNails on July 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Oh, please.

I asked a question…Lots of people move for jobs every year. And I’m highly doubting that Palin would pass on NYC because of “haters”. It’s a big city…I work in Manhattan so I know all about the Leftist liberals here.

JetBoy on July 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM

…I wouldn’t want SP to be contaminated!

JugEarsButtHurt on July 7, 2014 at 8:27 PM

JetBoy on July 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Ugh- I feel for ya Jet…as a former NYC inmate (wage slave, I lived and worked ALL 5 boroughs and escaped after Herr. Bloomy came into power and started to lose his mind.

Now, after the last decade and the Pinko slime that occupy Gracie Mansion and the City Council now, the only way I’d go back to that ***hole is at gunpoint…maybe (probably not).

BlaxPac on July 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM

They won’t take Sarah Palin because they know she’s no dummy and they wouldn’t want to be held responsible for changing the meme.

bflat879 on July 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Go for it, Barracuda.

HiJack on July 7, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Oh, please.

JetBoy on July 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Are you really that obtuse? The Palins’ lives revolve around the great Alaska outdoors. The Palins aren’t going to leave AK for the armpit named NYC. Lots of people are repulsed by the idea of living in NYC. Besides I wasn’t referring to the lefties who populate NYC. I was referring to the on-camera and behind-the-camera haters who populate The View. In other words, those who would be considered her coworkers. That would be worse than getting a root canal every day.

NoNails on July 7, 2014 at 8:48 PM

BlaxPac on July 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Even with Mayor Poppins and now Mayor Trotsky, high prices, congested streets and the general liberal Leftist vibe…I wouldn’t want to call anywhere else “home”.

JetBoy on July 7, 2014 at 8:50 PM

JetBoy on July 7, 2014 at 8:50 PM

There are a few things I do miss…the 24/7 availability of the Mugger Mover…bars that close at a PROPER hour (read: Never)…Seeing different neighborhoods was like being able to go on vacation to anyplace on the planet- some not for the better, true, but…lol

But with the Cost of Living, taxes, PARKING, and a few other quibbles, NYC is really not the same for single guys unless you got 2 or more jobs and are making over $75k a year…and I was close, but not that close.

BlaxPac on July 7, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Heck, if Sarah were on I would actually watch that show for the first time in my life.

BetseyRoss on July 7, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Btw, her Sportsman Channel show got picked up for a second season, so there’s that.

wolfsDad on July 7, 2014 at 9:32 PM

idesign on July 7, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Conservative correctness???..That is a new play on terms..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2014 at 9:56 PM

BetseyRoss on July 7, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I think she would be great on The View..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Wow..I would have thought we would have had 5 pages of comments..Somebody sound the horn..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2014 at 10:07 PM

NoNails on July 7, 2014 at 8:48 PM

He asked a question. Chill out. Take a midol.

Irritable Pundit on July 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM

How about adding some humility to that mix?

BTW, is ‘groundedness’ really a word?

itsnotaboutme on July 8, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Palin on “The View” I don’t think the GOP elites would allow it to happen. Perhaps if they put long hair and a skirt on Rove, Boehner or McCain?

Don L on July 8, 2014 at 8:47 AM

It would be nice to see Palin on The View, but I don’t think Whoopi could handle the move to Anchorage.

victor82 on July 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Pretty sure she’s just yanking someone’s chain. However, it would be interesting if this happened.

I suspect she’s going to be focusing on her second season with the Sportsmen channel gig, maybe write another book, do some campaigning, etc.

Her PAC has some funds that will probably be used for donations & some campaign stops headed into the midterms etc. (I think they currently have a little over a million cash on hand, and will probably raise & spend a few million this midterm cycle).

cs89 on July 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM

One of many delicious scenarios:

As Whoopie and the others look on in horror, Sarah strides up to the tank, hooks a salmon whipping it out onto the makeshift deck, then stabilizing it from flopping around too much… “Now here’s the way to properly club a salmon or tuna. It’s the most humane way…”

otlset on July 8, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Given The View’s tradition of hiring the stupidest females from the petting zoo, you’d think Palin would steer clear of Whoopi Rape-Rape Goldberg.

Oh, wait!