Video: Carly Fiorina ends the War on Women

posted at 5:01 pm on July 6, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

When it comes to the Sunday morning talking heads festivals, I tend to jump around a bit these days. And even with the slim pickings available, one of the ones I rarely seem to wind up watching is State of the Union on CNN with Candy Crowley. Generally it’s only on my television if I’m watching CNN for the overnight highlights and am too busy or lazy to change the channel at 9 o’clock. But that’s what happened today and I’m rather glad I did. The subject at hand was the never ending War on Wimminz being perpetrated by the evil Republican Party, but the guest was Carly Fiorina, former CEO of HP.

Most of this should be common sense for the majority of you, but I’ve rarely seen anyone deconstruct nonsense so quickly and efficiently. Transcript follows the video, courtesy of Tim Cavanaugh at The Corner.

“A lot of women, me included, are sick of the ‘war on women,’” the former Hewlett-Packard CEO and California Republican candidate for U.S. Senate. “And we saw it in spades on Monday after the Hobby Lobby case. The women of Hobby Lobby had access to contraception through their company insurance plan before Obamacare; they have access to contraception — 16 forms of it — after the ruling. But somehow, you know, this is the long arm of business and the Republican Party reaching into the body of women. It’s ridiculous.”

Fiorina then pulled out a fortune she said she’d received recently in a fortune cookie.

“‘Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause,’” Fiorina read. “And that’s exactly right. The War On Women is shameless, baseless propaganda. There’s no fact to it. But it’s worked because it’s scared women to death. Enough.”

I particularly liked the fortune cookie schtick. It fit in well with the signal to noise ratio of the discussion and certainly made for at least as reliable a source as Fiorina’s liberal debate partners. Enjoy.

Comments

I love Carly…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Fortune cookie wisdom is too deep for the left, she should have gone with a bumper sticker.

Flange on July 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM

When I first read the headline, I thought oh my gawd she surrendered. Nice to see I was wrong.

platypus on July 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM

“‘Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause,’”

Dead center

Lord Whorfin on July 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM

She’s a RINO, a lousy CEO and an even lousier Senate candidate but she banged it out of the park this time. Too bad no one will ever see her statement again; the media will take care of that.

Rix on July 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM

First Rick Perry and now her not backing down.

I like it!

gophergirl on July 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM

BTW, not to put too fine a point on it but how weak does a woman have to be to be scared by rhetoric?

Seriously, I don’t know a single female who fell for the fake war on women. In fact, most of them think it’s the feminazis that are waging a war on women.

platypus on July 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM

It still would have been better coming from Senator Carly Florina of California.

tjexcite on July 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I love Carly…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I don’t. She damn near DESTROYED HP when she was CEO. Her reign were the Dark Ages for IT people in HP shops, as anyone who was around then can tell you.

ConstantineXI on July 6, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hi gophergirl! Always nice to read your stuff.

platypus on July 6, 2014 at 5:15 PM

“I’m a former CEO of HP, and you’re the fat chick on CNN. I think most women will end up somewhere in between”

BobMbx on July 6, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Why would anybody appear on, let alone watch, a show hosted by the disgustingly discredited Candy Cowley?

Flange on July 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM

My favorite three bumper stickers off the top of my head:

(In ’79 when he was running for the Democrat POTUS nomination): “More people have died in Ted Kennedy’s car than in nuclear power plants.”

(In the ’90′s during Bubba & Killary’s reign): “Legalize Freedom!”

(Last year): “ObamaCare: Death and Taxes, now in one convenient package …”

ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Carly 2016?

southernms on July 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I love Carly…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 5:07 PM

..so do I. She was a far better senatorial candidate than most gave her credit for. While most here tarred her as a RINO she was arguably (literally) head and shoulders above that stone-dunce runt, Babs Box-o-rocks — even with the latter standing wearing 5″ Jimmy Choos and standing on a stool.

The War Planner on July 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I have been waiting for someone to speak the truth. THANK YOU CARLY!!!!

16/20 forms of contraception should be plenty to choose from. As a women, I am deeply offended by the Dems/progs assumption that I’m too stupid to get contraception on my own, or too lazy to find a way to afford it or too weak to insist my partner be a part of the decision and cost.

I don’t think most women feel much different, except the feminazis and kool aid drinkers. Those of us that are mature, intelligent and responsible are not being fooled by the drama and hysterics on the fake war on women.

HilliardPatriot on July 6, 2014 at 5:29 PM

The War Planner on July 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I was never happier than when I left CA to rid myself of that loathesome hag of a senator…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Connie XI: I worked at HP for 10 years, at the part that became Agilent. I left before Carly took over but still had a lot of friends at the company including women who were thrilled when she became CEO and then ended up hating her like everybody else. The one thing I will say not quite as a defense is that I don’t think she ran amok on her own but was doing the bidding of the BoD, especially longtime HP backroom man Dick Hackborn.

OT for most of the posters here, I know. PS, Connie, I always enjoy your comments here (hope you don’t mind me calling you Connie).

FOAF on July 6, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Which is why I have two dogs. Sunday mornings is park time.

rbj on July 6, 2014 at 5:35 PM

ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 5:25 PM

My dad had that one and Nuclear power plants are built better than Jane Fonda on his car when I was a kid. Some liberal loser knifed them off and keyed his car. You know that famed tolerance they speak of.

Flange on July 6, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Rix on July 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Fine performance here, but I disagree with anyone claiming that she ran a good campaign. Flat out horrible. See my analysis of the situation at the time of her campaign, and my unheeded advise: http://contrapundit1.blogspot.com/2010/09/fiorina-take-stand-or-lose.html

anotherJoe on July 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Wow!

Esaus Message on July 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM

More from Carly this a.m. on American tiring of Captain Blamer…

hillsoftx on July 6, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Wow lol that is a hell of a smack down.

sorrowen on July 6, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Flange on July 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Too deep. Bathroom wall, maybe?

Kraken on July 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Atta girl. I hesitate to call it a b1tch-slapping, but it was solid.

Jaibones on July 6, 2014 at 5:57 PM

anotherJoe on July 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Nice analysis, Joe.

I was a CA resident at the time and was very frustrated with her soft performance when interviewed on various talk radio programs I listened to. [I imagine those idiot consultants they hire -- I never would if I ran for office -- told her it was the only way to appeal to the squishy middle or something.]

I knew CA was toast for good when all the RINO pundits in the state stuck a knife in Tom McClintock (not electable, don’t you know?) and called for R’s to support “the electable”, pathetic, Kennedy-in-low, loser Schwarzenneger as Governor …

ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Carly She-so-mina

SouthernGent on July 6, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Hi gophergirl! Always nice to read your stuff.

platypus on July 6, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Hello my friend and thank you :)

The War Planner on July 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM

And hello to someone who shouldn’t be a stranger. Haven’t seen you around in a long time!

gophergirl on July 6, 2014 at 6:01 PM

ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Hey you mean Kennedy-in-…

OH WAIT I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE :)

Marcola on July 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Which is why I have two dogs. Sunday mornings is park time.
rbj on July 6, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Watching the dogs hunch (and bagging up afterwards) is a pretty good analogy for watching most Sunday morning talking head shows.

Marcola on July 6, 2014 at 6:07 PM

ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Don’t blame me, I voted for Tom McClintock…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Candy, you will never need contraception! Why do you care!?

LastRonin on July 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM

“‘Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause,’”

About sums up the current administration as well.

GarandFan on July 6, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Flange on July 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Libruls aren’t interested in fine print

Willys on July 6, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Don’t blame me, I voted for Tom McClintock…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Yep.

That one hurt, OC. Only time I ever actively campaigned for a politician — McClintock is a brilliant and classic constitutional conservative.

Polls taken after the statewide televised debate with all the candidates had McClintock winning the debate overwhelmingly by ALL groups, R’s, I’s, and even D’s!

But the national and state GOPe and R pundits convinced most of the idiots that Tom wasn’t electable and they needed to vote for Ahnold …

ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Too deep. Bathroom wall, maybe?

Kraken on July 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM

You mean like Protect and Serve? Oh wait, that’s a cop car not a bathroom wall.

Flange on July 6, 2014 at 6:28 PM

anotherJoe on July 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Nice analysis, Joe.
ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Seconded.

Rix on July 6, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Very well said Carly!!

Whitey Ford on July 6, 2014 at 6:34 PM

==========

Reaching into, and explaining the ProgressiveTard MindSet!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 6, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Candy, you will never need contraception! Why do you care!?

LastRonin on July 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM

LOLZ! Who’d hit that?

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 6:37 PM

ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Yep, I wore out a pair of shoes walking precincts for Tom. A very good man…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I would be careful being a fan of Fiorina – she was a horrifically poor CEO but is a massive GOPe. I guess she does the elite part well – stays on her feet even though she fails massively.

uatu1878 on July 6, 2014 at 6:39 PM

More from Carly this a.m. on American tiring of Captain Blamer…

hillsoftx on July 6, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Who’s the female panelist in the black hair? She’s wearing such a painful smile it’s as if she’s trying to pass a gallstone while listening to Carly.

BuckeyeSam on July 6, 2014 at 6:41 PM

When she’s right, she’s right.

The Lefties have really been having a bad time of it since October.

formwiz on July 6, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Speaking of Woman:
==================

Melanie Mason @melmason · Jul 1

.@KristinOlsenCA designated leader-elect of Assembly GOP caucus

Kristin Olsen
@KristinOlsenCA

Reformer & problem solver. Married mom of 3 wonderful children. Graduate of Westmont. CA State Assemblymember who previously served on Modesto City Council.

Retweeted by Kristin Olsen
Kevin Spillane @SpillaneCa · Jul 1

@KristinOlsenCA election as new Assembly GOP Ldr is 2nd female GOP leader in a row & first time both Speaker and Minority Leader are female.

canopfor on July 6, 2014 at 6:42 PM

The War on Women — Democratic SPIN
……………………………………………………………………..
Never ending War on Wimminz being
perpetrated by the evil Republican Party

The War on Women propaganda worked
because it’s scared women to death.

It certainly scared Sen. Claire McCaskill —
……………………………………………………………………..
Claire McCaskill said on NBC’s Meet the Press:
former President Bill Clinton was “a great leader,

but I don’t want my daughter near him.”
……………………………………………………………………..

The War on Women occurs in different Forms.

The War on Women via ECONOMIC INCOMPETENCY:

BAILING OUT the FINANCIAL SYSTEM:
The biggest problem with the epic Central
Bank rig of the last five years is that

PROPPING UP a BANKRUPT FINANCIAL SYSTEM
by PRINTING MONEY — only works for so long.

________________________________________

The War on Women — Bill CLINTON Style:
……………………………………………………………………..
Bill Clinton’s long history of sexual violence against women:

Women have been charging Bill Clinton
with sexual assault since his days as
a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford 30 years ago.
……………………………………………………………………..
……………………………………………………………………..

________________________________________

The Clinton–era ROOTs of the FINANCIAL CRISIS

Wall Street’s DELUSION

Michael Lewis — Inside the DOOMSDAY MACHINE

Wall Street built a DOOMSDAY MACHINE
Turning Garbage into GOLD

……………………………………………………………………..

Global HAWK on July 6, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Funny you should ask. I just now saw her make a similar appearance on Uma Pemmaraju from yesterday in a clip called Fighting The So-Called War On Women.

She makes a great case that not only is the “War On Women” stupid and disgusting, but it worked because we didn’t push back hard enough or with enough “women’s voices.” She is on a campaign to travel the country to train candidates how to better counter this. And going on CNN is a great idea. What good does it do to only preach to the choir? Especially when she can hold her own so well on this topic.

ncinca on July 6, 2014 at 6:47 PM

It works on single women very well. They are prone to blame men for their problems.

Not that single men are anything to brag about, but their stupidity tends to boil down to foolish choices that hurt themselves and a few others. Single women manifest their foolishness by voting for Democrats, and hurt the whole freaking world.

Also the scare tactics work with poor minorities, who also want to blame their conditions on someone else, preferably rich white Republican men (and never rich white Democrats like Soros, Bill Clinton, Ezra Klein, or John Kerry).

Adjoran on July 6, 2014 at 6:56 PM

…I hope she runs again…or will the people be just as stupid?

JugEarsButtHurt on July 6, 2014 at 7:01 PM

ncinca on July 6, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Very fair point, ncinca. It’s definitely an excellent issue to fight back on, and I appreciate Carly for doing so.

My comment was more of a complaint about known deceivers and liars having platforms — and those (who watch and appear with them) enabling and providing credibility for them.

I personally refuse to listen to or read words written by known deceivers and liars (meaning I have few to choose from these days), and don’t understand why more folks aren’t like me …

ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Hey yeah, what’s the deal? Conservative women sure don’t seem to have a problem with glass ceilings. My boss, the owner and CEO, is a woman.

Hooah.

hawkdriver on July 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM

LastRonin on July 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM

LOLZ! Who’d hit that?

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Ed Schultz?

hawkdriver on July 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Ed Schultz?

hawkdriver on July 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Roseanne Barr.

CW on July 6, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Conservative women sure don’t seem to have a problem with glass ceilings….

hawkdriver on July 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM

At work or home…they have no problem being the CEO.

CW on July 6, 2014 at 7:17 PM

In Loving v Virginia, the Supreme Court recognised a fundamental right of marriage; yet, how many employers pay for their employees’ weddings?

Somehow, this isn’t a war on ‘who you love.’

But, for employers not to pay for contraception?

The sky is falling!

Resist We Much on July 6, 2014 at 7:20 PM

LOLZ! Who’d hit that?

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Ed Schultz?

hawkdriver on July 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Roseanne Barr.

CW on July 6, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Heh.

Rosie O’Donnell for sure …

ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 7:21 PM

“I respect you very much as a woman for your accomplishments,” Miller snarked in response. “I even read that you studied medieval history, which I think will come in handy with trying to defend the Republican war on women.”

Miller noted that every woman she knew was “furious about he Hobby Lobby decision.”

“This is not just a war against women, this is a war against science, Carly,” the radio host explained.

“Oh, for heaven sakes,” Fiorina gasped.

“These religious people believe certain drugs cause abortions, doctors and scientists say they do not,” Miller continued. “They prevent abortion… I have friends who need it for endometriosis. How do you say you’re small government, and get the government involved in those personal decisions between a woman and her doctor?”

Ned Pepper on July 6, 2014 at 7:24 PM

I have been waiting for someone to speak the truth. THANK YOU CARLY!!!!

HilliardPatriot on July 6, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Excellent post! My feelings exactly,I couldn’t have said it better.

Bakokitty on July 6, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Wall Street built a DOOMSDAY MACHINE
Turning Garbage into GOLD

……………………………………………………………………..

Global HAWK on July 6, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Global HAWK: And Iran Too:)

Iran
8h
US company signs $1.175 billion bio-energy plant deal with Iran – @AFP
Read more on yahoo.com
======================

US company ‘signs $1.175b Iran bio-energy deal’
AFP
July 5, 2014, 9:19 pm
**********************

Tehran (AFP) – A US company has signed a preliminary agreement to invest $1.175 billion (864 million euros) in Iran, in a rare joint commercial project to turn rubbish and human waste into electricity.

California-based World Eco Energy told AFP it plans to produce 250 megawatts daily by burning trash and by processing algae and salt and waste water into power.

Iran will match the US investment, the company said.

A company spokesman said the project, in the southwestern province of Chaharmahal-Bakhtiari, would create 600-700 jobs, 80 percent of which would go to locals.

It is scheduled to start in September 2014 and is an early indication of the foreign business that may flow back to Iran if US, European and UN sanctions are lifted.

Iran is in the final phase of negotiating with world powers about a conclusive deal to resolve international concern about its nuclear programme.

Despite the uncertainty that clouds Iran’s economy, still shut out of the international financial system because of an embargo on banks and the energy sector, a more positive outlook is starting to prevail.

====================================

eco energy
Advanced Control Solutions

canopfor on July 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM

canopfor on July 6, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Carly Fiorina – The Mitt Romney of California

Barbara Boxer D
52%
4,377,730

Carly Fiorina R

42%
3,554,066

Ned Pepper on July 6, 2014 at 7:28 PM

When Carly lost to Box Head and Meg list to Moonbeam, I knew it was a lost cause. Packed my bags and my business and moved to Texas

NOMOBO on July 6, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Ned Pepper on July 6, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Hey, Hillary! Take your vajayjay and STFU, already!

Ned thinks that women, who have lost an election, have no right to speak about the imaginary ‘war on women’!

Now, go make Bill a sammich!

Resist We Much on July 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM

hawkdriver on July 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM

At work or home…they have no problem being the CEO.

CW on July 6, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Mine is the CEO.

hawkdriver on July 6, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Ned Pepper on July 6, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Hey, Hillary! Take your vajayjay and STFU, already!

Now, go make Bill a sammich!

Resist We Much on July 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Not really the sharpest tool in the shed, is he? And he wasn’t the last time he was here either.

Refusing to pay for something is not the same, nor will it ever be the same, as preventing someone from having it. Nor does it get the government involved, unless of course, Sugar Daddy Gubmint insists on forcing the issue.

CurtZHP on July 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM

ConstantineXI on July 6, 2014 at 5:14 PM

You blame her or the Board that put her up to it?
Just another case of the Peter Principle at work.
But yeah, what a wreck.

Kenosha Kid on July 6, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Carly Fiorina – The Mitt Romney of California

Ned Pepper on July 6, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Clearly election results indicate extremely powerful intellects.

Californians voted for the High Speed Train to Nowhere and then cried when they realized it wasn’t high speed and wouldn’t actually go anywhere.

California now has unfunded pension liabilities of almost a trillion dollars, even though the budget is about $108 billion. Entire cities now have no fire departments or police departments.

California will re-elect Jerry Brown, one of the most dishonest politicians in American history.

Choosing Boxer over Fiorina shows how brilliant we are here. Soon we’ll be made an honorary member of the Third World, and everyone will glow with the warmth of Über-morality.

My brother just got back from San Francisco. He said that entire blocks are inhabited with screaming, vomiting, urinating, defecating, panhandling homeless people. At night they bring out the power washers to spray down the sidewalks, just like the workers in Westworld repairing the day’s mayhem.

Fiorina’s loss does indeed reflect the intelligence of the average Californian voter–which is why I’m moving to Texas as soon as we settle our parents’ estates.

When we cross the border, we’ll stop and give our regards to California the way Anthony Edwards did to East Berlin in Gotcha!

A Chair of Some Kind on July 6, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Not a fan of Carly because of the sledgehammer she took to HP, but this was a good gobsmacker.

John the Libertarian on July 6, 2014 at 11:58 PM

But has the enemy conceded?

No war has been ended.

And there is no end in sight.

For all intents and purposes this is a war against evil.

And that war never ends.

War against socialism, communism, dictators, and islam.

War against “progressives”.

We have so many enemies.

Sherman1864 on July 7, 2014 at 2:50 AM

I have stated this heresy previously and will repeat it here.

There is a significant percentage of the female population who are exemplars of the Weaker Sex; they require decision making to be taken care of by a patriarchal figure; they are content to think, act and vote as they are told.

In the past, these women could trust that they would be taken care of by fathers and husbands, but now that progressives have done such Trojan work in dismantling these traditional structures, the Weaker Sex is relying on Uncle Sugar to fulfill that role.

Bereft of a natural family structure within which to thrive, they are bewildered by why happiness eludes them and are quite willing to blame the targets Proggies tell them are the cause of their misery.

I am well aware that implying (some) women are weaker, more feckless or less capable than their sisters or brothers is a sin against Helen Reddy (I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar) but a fairly long life has allowed me to observe that the stereotype of the Bubble-head Barbie is a stereotype only because its often true.

I’ve also noted that women who are fully adult and capable tend to resist the Not My Fault! lines and have a conservative outlook, so perhaps we’re seeing our gender divided bilaterally into Useless-Female Dems and Strong Conservative Women.

Dolce Far Niente on July 7, 2014 at 9:11 AM

“Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause” actually was on bumper sticker. It was just distilled down to: Obama/Biden 2012

RSbrewer on July 7, 2014 at 9:28 AM

My favorite three bumper stickers off the top of my head:

(In the ’90′s during Bubba & Killary’s reign): “Legalize Freedom!”

(Last year): “ObamaCare: Death and Taxes, now in one convenient package …”

ShainS on July 6, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Oh, I have one that beats those AND is Californian in origin.

1982 ~ I’m a Corporal in the United States Marine Corps, heading through the parking lot of Navy Regional Medical Center Long Beach for an ultrasound. In a handicap spot close to the building was an ancient brown Pinto, positively wallpapered with Vietnam, political etc. bumper stickers and flying the American flag. One caught my eye and I howled out loud:

If it’s BROWN, FLUSH IT

Some things NEVER go out of fashion…

tree hugging sister on July 7, 2014 at 11:48 AM

My favorite part was the end where the despicable Candy Crowley’s high-pitched cartoon voice is heard, “Lemme…” *click* ha ha ha ha ha, because that’s where I click off too.

bour3 on July 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM