Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on July 6, 2014 by Allahpundit

It’s wall-to-wall immigration this morning on the Sunday shows thanks to the uproar in Murrieta, which now involves both protests (“Proud LEGAL American. It doesn’t work any other way.”) and counterprotests (“Against illegal immigration? Great! Go back to Europe!”). “Face the Nation” sets the pace with not one, not two, but three members of Gang of Eight — McCain, Graham, and Durbin — to defend the case for amnesty as thousands of illegals surge across the border. You’re better off with “This Week,” which will feature Rick Perry and the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection calling for beefier borders. Perry’s eager to seize this opportunity to prove to righties ahead of 2016 that he’s tougher on immigration than the 2012 debates would suggest. So far, so good.

Meanwhile, DHS secretary Jeh Johnson will be on “Meet the Press” to preview Obama’s next executive amnesty. Sounds like it’s going to be a big one. The full line-up is at Politico.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Apparently THESE are the folks involved. http://bcfs.net

pambi on July 6, 2014 at 11:37 AM

They don’t tell you what BCFS means. One wonders if they would like you to think they are the Baptists.

crankyoldlady on July 6, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Baptist Child and Family Services

ROCnPhilly on July 6, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Assuming there is any gold in Fort Knox we would have to guard it.

crankyoldlady on July 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM

The gold’s been gone for a while now.

A while back, the Germans asked for their gold that’s been on deposit here in the US. There were told it would take years to be returned to them. That’s not the action of a country that has any substantial reserves. Sounds more like we spent ours and then we spent theirs, too.

trigon on July 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Assuming there is any gold in Fort Knox we would have to guard it.

crankyoldlady on July 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I hope this was a joke. Gone for a looooong time. Empty.

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Apparently THESE are the folks involved. http://bcfs.net

pambi on July 6, 2014 at 11:37 AM

crankyoldlady on July 6, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Baptist Child and Family Services

ROCnPhilly on July 6, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I’ve just searched their entire site. Why in the world wouldn’t they have even ONE place there where they identify their initials? How strange…

ncinca on July 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM

ncinca on July 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM

So as not to scare away progressive potential donors?

ROCnPhilly on July 6, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Had to put my favorite 13 1/2 year old Viszla down yesterday. July 04 holiday will never be the same. Lost my best friend and faithful companion. Teddy, RIP

Franklin100 on July 6, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Franklin,
I’m very sad for your loss of your best friend, I know there are no words that can ease your pain right now. May God and time ease your hearts sadness. Kitty

Bakokitty on July 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Franklin100 on July 6, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Franklin,

Bakokitty on July 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Sorry Franklin , I just got that big old lump in my throat about your Teddy .
This may not be the time to say this but we waited a little too long to find another
pup to give love to after we said goodbye to Apache .
Nurse your broken heart and then go find another pup to love , they need you too .
Bet Apache was up there to greet Teddy . Now I’m in tears .

Lucano on July 6, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Is anyone hearing about this NYT article saying that the numbers are much much larger. Also the administration appears to have know about the “impending” crisis.

Cindy Munford on July 6, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I don’t think there is any question anymore that they purposely created it. Does it seem odd they had it all figured out already where to put them. A sudden crisis would take time but they already had all these facilities all lined up.

crankyoldlady on July 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Hi COL, yes they had these sites lined up, this is a planned invasion meant to overwhelm our systems and country. There are not locations available all of a sudden. Obama and his cabal of commies must think Americans are stupid, but that would only be the fools that voted for him.

Bakokitty on July 6, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Jaibones on July 6, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Sorry to chime in so late. Read your post early a.m., had to see many guests off, just got back. As always, thank you very much! ; )

Bmore on July 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Franklin100 on July 6, 2014 at 8:08 AM

So sorry Franklin100, I know the pain and emptiness after losing a good friend. I lost my best friend in the whole world…my 20 year old MoCat. He didn’t care how skeevy, miserable or bitchy I was, he was always there to make it better.

AppraisHer on July 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Sorry to chime in so late. ; )

Bmore on July 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Better late than never, bruh. Catch any of the propaganda?

Jaibones on July 6, 2014 at 11:34 PM