Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on July 5, 2014 by Allahpundit

Rumors had swirled among anti-immigration activists near a U.S. Border Patrol station in Southern California that the agency would try again to bus in some of the immigrants who have flooded across the U.S.-Mexico border.

Instead, they got dueling anti- and pro-immigration rallies Friday.

The crowd of 200 outside the station in Murrieta waved signs and sometimes shouted at each other. One banner read: “Proud LEGAL American. It doesn’t work any other way.” Another countered: “Against illegal immigration? Great! Go back to Europe!”

***

Protesters chanted, “USA! USA!”

Counterprotesters chanted, “La raza unida jamas seran vencida,” which translates as “The (Latino) race united will never be defeated.”

Both sides waved American flags, but one demonstrator held a shredded U.S. flag, angering an adversary who yelled: “Absolute disgrace!”…

On Tuesday, the federal government began busing 140 migrants for processing in Murrieta every 72 hours, raising concerns about operational capacity, Long said. The initial federal plan called for 500 people, which was lowered to 300, but the city strongly opposed those plans.

“The concern we have is the sustainability of 140 every 72 hours,” Long said. “We don’t see this stopping any time soon.”

***

Dozens of pro-immigrant residents wearing Mexican soccer jerseys also showed up at the meeting on Wednesday, but mostly sat in silence. Many more waited outside, having arrived too late to be let into the auditorium, which quickly filled to capacity. They held up signs proclaiming, “We are not illegal, we are humans,” as they faced opposing signs that read, “Bus them to the White House.”

In California, where Latinos are now the state’s largest ethnic group and much of the anti-immigrant sentiment of the 1990s has mostly faded away, many residents here say they have been stunned by their neighbors’ reactions.

“We came here because they are attacking our people, people just like us,” said Ana Larios, 42, a Mexican immigrant who moved to Murrieta with her children from Los Angeles nearly a decade ago. “I never knew people felt this way until now. It’s shocking and embarrassing.”

***

“When the buses come, you are going to see Americans that are willing to throw themselves under the bus, that’s what you are going to see,” demostrator Greg Allison said ahead of the migrants’ arrival. “I don’t care if I lose a limb. Even if the buses get past me and I lose a limb, guess what? The rest of the country is going to take notice.”

Tim Donnelly said he was there in opposition. He’s concerned the undocumented children will be released to coyotes and drug traffickers, with American authorities making the process easier.

“I have a huge concern over whether our government is being made complicit in completing the trafficking circle. We could have sworn law enforcement actually completing the work of the cartels and coyotes by handing children over to a trafficker,” Donnelly told NBC 7.

“I believe our government is being used and everyone is overwhelmed,” he added.

***

The vast majority of 50,000 unaccompanied youths and children who have illegally crossed the Texas border during the last few months have been successfully delivered by federal agencies to their relatives living in the United States, according to a New York Times article…

The Central American parents of the 50,000 youths and children are using a 2008 law to ensure their children are transported to them for free by a relay of border patrol and Department of Health and Human Services officials. The youths are delivered to the border patrol by smugglers, dubbed coyotes, in exchange for several thousand dollars.

Half of the 50,000 Central American youths were delivered by taxpayer-funded employees directly to their parents now living in the United States, and another third were delivered to people who said they were close relatives, said the July 3 article…

Top immigration officials choose to not check if the relatives or parents who pick up the children are in the country legally.

***

Immigrant-rights activists have set up water stations, gone out nearly daily to find border crossers in distress, and circulated warning posters and maps of the locations of those who have died in the desert…

Now Robin Hoover, founder and former member of the local group Humane Borders, is planning to distribute 100 high-intensity flashlights.

Hoover will work today with a local church in Altar, Sonora, 115 miles southwest of Tucson and one of the last staging areas for would-be border crossers, to pass out the $8.32 flashlights that can illuminate a tree a half-mile away and include both a strobe and an S.O.S. function.

“I hope that this simple device will help save lives,” he said Thursday during a news conference at El Tiradito Shrine in downtown Tucson, as he held the small black flashlight under a plastic water bottle to show how it created a prismatic effect.

***

There is nothing more un-American than showing not even one shred of sympathy, compassion, or even decency towards a group of desperate young children who showed up on our doorstep after having spent weeks on a treacherous journey. There is nothing more un-American than deliberately frightening an already traumatized group of kids, some still in diapers. There is nothing more un-American than a mob taking the law into their own hands and preventing authorities from doing the work of processing these refugees. What we saw was not patriotism — it was ugly, divisive, and yet another low for a debate that I thought could not get much lower.

But I reserved my greatest scorn for the Mayor of Murrieta, Alan Long. It was he who incited his constituents to protest and let law enforcement look the other way. It was he who recklessly demagogued the issue to spare himself a political problem and is now crying crocodile tears about the “black eye” media coverage he has given his town. He took an epic, immensely complicated humanitarian situation that involves broken policymaking both in Central America and in the U.S. and pointed the finger of blame at a bus full of little kids and babies.

What is so craven about Long’s “blame-the-victim” strategy is that he and the anti-immigrant extremists he unleashed not only blocked a couple of buses, they continue to block every single attempt at a humane and effective solution by reasonable policymakers on both sides of the aisle. Egged on by shameless demagogues like Long at the local level and lawmakers like Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) at the national level, the small but loud anti-immigrant movement like the one on display in Murrieta is the single biggest reason we do not yet have comprehensive immigration reform.

***

Obama told the groups what they had been dying to hear—that he was going to condemn House Republicans for inaction and set the most expansive legal course permissible to beef up border security, slow deportations of noncriminal aliens, and provide legal status to millions of undocumented workers—all by himself…

Obama made it clear he would press his executive powers to the limit. He gave quiet credence to recommendations from La Raza and other immigration groups that between 5 million to 6 million adult illegal immigrants could be spared deportation under a similar form of deferred adjudication he ordered for the so-called Dreamers in June 2012.

That executive action essentially lifted the threat of prosecution and deportation for about 670,000 undocumented residents—those older than 15 and younger than 31 who had been brought to America before their 16th birthday.

Obama has now ordered the Homeland Security and Justice departments to find executive authorities that could enlarge that non-prosecutorial umbrella by a factor of 10.

***

Democratic campaign operatives have been busy adapting their modern get-out-the-vote technologies and field operations to replicate their 2012 success and boost turnout among unlikely voters in 2014. Issenberg sums up the challenge: “While Latinos’ total presidential votes tripled from 1988 to 2012, their midterm participation has declined by about seven points.” That may be changing, and Democrats toiling in the House campaign trenches may now have the infrastructure necessary to really turn out the midterm vote

In other words, the House Democratic campaign strategy and the Senate Democratic campaign strategy may run along separate tracks, one driving immigration, the other pushing the economy. One strategy could work while the other flops. That creates the possibility, however unlikely, for something completely unprecedented: a midterm election where Democrats and Republicans trade control of each congressional branch.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9

Dire is busy burning some popcorn. The fire trucks on on their way.

Parmenides on July 6, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Nice 4th holiday. :)

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:02 AM

Indeed. :)

4Grace on July 6, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I’ve always found Axe’s stream of consciousness comments more enthralling than reading James Joyce.

Maybe because they’re shorter? :)

INC on July 6, 2014 at 2:09 AM

I was with you up until stream. It’s definitely a stream. Beyond that I’m not sure what it is.

The scarey thing is I seem to understand. Frightening, really.

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I think his longest #Cott so far was about 11 femto seconds.

Parmenides on July 6, 2014 at 3:01 AM

I wonder if AP and Ed know how many socks have snuck back in after being banned?

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 3:05 AM

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:04 AM

What the…??? lol. Definitely, um, different. :)

4Grace on July 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Well uncertainty kind of requires an expression of a live-cat and a dead-cat tautomeristic state to coexist until the method of measurement (observation) constrains the outcome. Observation determines the phenomenon in one “our” universe but another “universe” is created “somehow” according the the many worlds pikers.

Parmenides on July 6, 2014 at 2:56 AM

With apologies to the dainty, it’s a sandwich. They literally reverse engineered “observer error” by assuming an observer error and then making reality as big as it needed to be for that error to exist.

An absurdity that is only painted fluorescent by the staggering irrationality of someone willing to believe anything — anything at all — so long as it displaces the ability to believe in God.

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Parmenides on July 6, 2014 at 2:56 AM

As vexing as that ‘somehow’ is, since no one is being forthcoming with a working model, the notion of another universe is troubling. The universe is meant to cover everything… in total. Perhaps they mean like rooms in an apartment building. :)

A working map would be nice. But in all those dimensions it might be awfully large…more like a carpet maybe. “You are here” might be a problem, too.

Besides, I have trouble imagining how you’d fold it back up when you were done with it.

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:09 AM

He has written many good songs. Unfortunately, he’s also got a stupid, illiberal slant. I never saw him live, but I have friends who have, and they complained that he had interjected political talk into his shows for no good reason.

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 2:29 AM

If you’re talking about Todd Rundgren – I saw him twice last summer and he never even BREATHED a political word……he did a lot of songs like “Stephen Hawking” and a few others that could almost be considered to have a Conservative Slant……he never even IMPLIED a “Hate mmBOOOSH” moment……which is unusual for a liberal…..

I very much appreciated that…..not sure how “liberal” he is…..

If you’re talking about Steve Earle – I saw him once with The Dukes and listen to him on Sirius, and he’s a cornucopia of Liberal Hate-Speech and blather……..the full HAAAATE mmmBOOOOOOSH Bat-Shrieking…….almost as bas as Joan Baez…..that’s why I stopped going to see her…….

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:11 AM

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:05 AM

HA QOTD late night hours–Bonfire of the Inanities.

INC on July 6, 2014 at 3:11 AM

What the…??? lol. Definitely, um, different. :)

4Grace on July 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Too much acid maybe? =)

Schoolhouse Rock – Unpack Your Adjectives

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM

Chains & Things – Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:09 AM

I can hardly breathe. I think that one did me in, Jackie. Lol…”You are here…”

I’m off to bed. Thanks to all for the company, tunes and laughs.

Goodnight and God bless, friends.

4Grace on July 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM

INC on July 6, 2014 at 3:11 AM

You spelled “insanities” wrong.

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:09 AM

No, that notion doesn’t survive when any dimension is finite. An infinite Universe is aptly named, but the Universe isn’t infinite.

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:15 AM

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM

You’re right!

More like a deft juggling of the intellectual, inane, and insane.

Laughter, the best medicine.

INC on July 6, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Looks like all are asleep at HA.

tommy71 on July 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM

G’night Grace

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM

I mean Rundgren sang “Flaw” live a Lot – AFTER Obama was elected….he did last summer twice….

…..look up the lyrics…..it’s not about mmmBOOOOSH….

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:17 AM

I very much appreciated that…..not sure how “liberal” he is…..

He might have changed. My friends who were unhappy with his political comments saw him in the ’90s. And these friends weren’t hardcore conservatives.

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:11 AM

I knew that about Earle. He seems like a miserable man to me.

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:18 AM

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Most of the folkies are screwed up. Just listen to the music.

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:20 AM

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:09 AM

…..see discussions of “Folding Space” by Frank Herbert in “Dune”……..

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:20 AM

That chick’s gone now.

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Overall, though, I don’t think the gyrations, manipulations, calculations, and distortions do achieve that goal.

The funny thing is, as hard as they try, it’s still not the ‘proof’ they’re seeking. Neither, is Higgs Boson.

I did begin leaping down a rabbit hole… didn’t I? :)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:21 AM

I knew that about Earle. He seems like a miserable man to me.

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:18 AM

….he is – I wrote him after one of his diatribes…..and he reacted to it on-the-air…….

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Also, my femto seconds are like, huge.

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2014 at 3:05 AM

Good evening OC..:)

PS..Yours truly has been labeled a sock..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM

Smoke on the Water

tommy71 on July 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM

4Grace on July 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM

lol! Goodnight, 4Grace. :) Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy your company. :) Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM

4Grace on July 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM

Goodnight, 4Grace!

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:15 AM

I have a geometry text–the only one I saved from college & still packed up somewhere–that made a case for a finite universe with the end of lines at the edge.

INC on July 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Higgs Boson.

…..ahhh! The Boson!…..as RT says “…..and Charm is just a particle…”

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Smoke Dreams

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM

Maybe a fedora, never a sock. :)

INC on July 6, 2014 at 3:24 AM

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:20 AM

I thought the discussions relating to ‘folding space’ were the best part of “Dune”. Frankly, the socio-political stuff dragged, but some of the play with science was interesting. :)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Tragedy! My iPhone crashed when I tried to updated to 7.1.2. I am stuck in recovery mode now. Lost all of my data and everything! Didn’t have a recent backup saved. Am using iPad now.

I can’t even access my phone home screen. Is anyone here good with phones? I have been trying all kinds of recovery third-party applications, and nothing is working.

Help!!!!!

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:28 AM

The Spirit of the Lord…..

tommy71 on July 6, 2014 at 3:28 AM

I had been doing all kinds of video editing for my YouTube channel. All lost. And I was just about to back up my phone. Lost all of my images and App data. Everything gone.

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:29 AM

I had made all of these meme graphics with a meme creator app. Can’t access any of it. Lost all of my text messages. I need to access my phone. Can anyone please help? iTunes says I have to “restore” but that would erase all of my data since my last restore, which was a long time ago.

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:30 AM

It was so weird to be without a functioning iPhone all evening and night.

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Someone help bluegill. Axe is the tech nerd in our gang. So go for it, Axe.

tommy71 on July 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Sorry to bother.

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

I did begin leaping down a rabbit hole… didn’t I? :)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Nah, you’re doing something else. You’re achieving an infinite Universe by assuming bottomless complexity. Which is awesome. And beyond the imiginmative ability of some of the “scientists” you guys occasionally name, I should point out. :)

. . . it’s doable, you know. You establish a frame of reference by establishing a set of concurrent parameters. And then you group them. A particular set of parameters is a “reality,” say, and there are many of them, and you can step from this one to the next one without ever leaving the “Universe” (which only appears as it does to us because of our particular grouping).

–being a writer is better. :) Pardon the pun, but the Universe is bigger.

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Smoke Dreams

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Charm isn’t just a particle. I’ve got empirical proof. :)

If you work it with some style, and your timing’s good, charm can be everything. ;)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Well that was very well said, I must say. :)

It’s worth setting work aside to talk to you guys. I wish I could do it more often. :)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM

INC on July 6, 2014 at 3:24 AM

Lolz..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Most of the folkies are screwed up. Just listen to the music.

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:20 AM

I agree lol But Earle seems worse than average to me-like he has a real mean streak.

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Wow. What happened?

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Someone help bluegill. Axe is the tech nerd in our gang. So go for it, Axe.

tommy71 on July 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Am not. I’m just Raj. You want Shelden. :)

Sorry to bother.

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

I’m sorry Bluegill — Mac-n-products are out of my welkin. Maybe someone else knows though.

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:35 AM

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

The Number Of The Beast

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Mott the Hoople – I Wish I Was Your Mother

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:36 AM

Well that was very well said, I must say. :)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Even “imiginmative”?

lol

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:37 AM

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM

This sums it up..:):)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:37 AM

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:35 AM

That was a good one. I read all of Heinlein many times over.

My favorite was “Time Enough For Love”. :)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:37 AM

I also love Asimov’s “Foundation Trilogy”.

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Good night all…
Here is Santo and Johnny ” sleepwalk”

Bakokitty on July 6, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Thank you anyway. I am literally locked out of my phone. It’s such a horrible feeling to realize that all of your data could be lost . i want to cry. Have to keep trying to get data back.

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:37 AM

lol! I sight edit. It’s a necessary habit I developed over time reading scripts. :)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Bakokitty on July 6, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Excellent tune. :) Goodnight, sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:40 AM

PS..Yours truly has been labeled a sock..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM

By a troll?

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:40 AM

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

……Heh-heh!…..’Cept in subatomic quantum particle physics!…

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:41 AM

[Solved] iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Nothing Else Matters – Haynes/ Grateful Dead

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:42 AM

That was just one link. You can easily use a search engine and find more solutions.

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:44 AM

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Wow. What happened?

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM

….he implicitly quoted my email, laughed in a bitter way – and seemed ready to “double down”, but then he backed off…….made excuses about “being in a bad mood” and went on to stay focused on music….at least that night……

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:44 AM

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:41 AM

lol! You just leave my subatomic quantum particle physique out of this, Mr. G. ;)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:44 AM

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:44 AM

=)

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:45 AM

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Go to the top picks and then scroll down to the Romney picture thread..It gets hilarious..imho..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:46 AM

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:37 AM

I’d hate to have to pick my favorite Heinlein. The big three, Starship Troopers, Stranger In A Strange Land, and The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress are all brilliant. But Time Enough For Love was the culmination of his work. The later stuff was derivative, of himself.

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:46 AM

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:44 AM

…..you are a sparkling gift of starshine and effulgent light from the Gods, Jackie!

…..we can’t keep out of your blinding beauty – we all cast shadows in your aura of grace!

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:48 AM

[Solved] iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Thanks for the link. I downloaded that application (wonder share dr fone) on my PC, but when I try to use it to get out of recovery mode, it doesn’t seem to work.

And then I downloaded one called tiny umbrella, but that one won’t even install right. Still trying.

And then I tried one called reiboot, but it doesn’t seem to work for me either.

And I am trying one called recboot, but it’s making me download some stupid .net Microsoft thing version 4.0.30393 and I hope this works.

Damn it, I’m not sleeping tonight.

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Bakokitty on July 6, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Sweet!

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:49 AM

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Maybe “cool republica” can help you..:):)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Hey, Dire! And good evening to you!

INC on July 6, 2014 at 3:50 AM

INC on July 6, 2014 at 3:50 AM

Stir it..:):)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:52 AM

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:46 AM

You’re right, it is hard to choose. Those are all great work.

He did a story that still resonates with me. “The Green Hills of Earth”.

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Nothing Else Matters – Haynes/ Grateful Dead

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:42 AM

I hate to go back to the line. Sophie’s kissed all over me, the conversations haven’t been so acrimonious, Parm’s been around and playing –

– but, you know, I only came above ground to let go awhile. Ironically, things like Soph wanting to play relights the “get your ass to work” fire. You know, she’s on the other side. With things like food and clothes and a grown man’s income.

Theatre tickets.

Please don’t make a there joke at this point. :) I’ll cry. No one wants to see that and Parm will make a rust joke.

/just talking. :) Also thinking about Sci-Fi premises, vaguely, but nothing came out of my fingers. Also thinking about the book of Daniel and the first chapter of Genesis, courtesy of non-nonpartisan and tommy.

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:52 AM

I wonder if these programs aren’t working because the version of iOS is so new. It came out in the last day or so. I should never have clicked software update.

The programs I’m downloading are for windows, since I have to use my PC to run the programs, and then plug in my phone using a USB cord to try to get the phone out of recovery mode AKA locked mode.

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:53 AM

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:48 AM

You’re far too kind and sweet, williamg. :) Thank you.

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:54 AM

But then I see people from months ago complaining of the same thing, that the programs aren’t working for them either when they had to try to get out of recovery mode.

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:55 AM

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:48 AM

It’s true. She’s got a weird glitter thing going.

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:55 AM

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:53 AM

I’m sure you and frank will figure it out..Good luck..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:56 AM

But then I see people in comments section saying that the programs did work for them. Maybe my crash was just so bad. I had almost no free space left on my phone when I was trying to download the update, and I kept deleting things until it was able to start installing the iOS version update. But the stupid thing just froze at the “verifying update” screen

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:56 AM

“The Green Hills of Earth”.

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Among his best work. Perhaps his best short story.

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:57 AM

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:52 AM

*sigh* I know what you mean. I’ve got to get back to work, too. I’ve got an idea, though, for a new character. Real possibilities there. :)

Goodnight, my friends. :) Sleep well, dream well, and let the universe delight you. :)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:57 AM

And I never jailbroke my phone or dropped it or anything.

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:57 AM

MORE JAMMAGE PLZ

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:57 AM

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 3:57 AM

I knew you’d know it well. It’s one that sets the standard. :)

Goodnight, Nova. :)

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Ok, I went and looked, and…Brock Robamney is amazing lol

He recently interpreted a comment I made in support of McDaniel in MS as an indicator I don’t have a problem voting for Demoncrats. In light of what I had said, it was bizarre how he could possibly have thought I was saying that. =)

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:59 AM

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 3:48 AM

You’re far too kind and sweet, williamg. :) Thank you.

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:54 AM

….you Bring It Out In Me, Jackie……..well, you and my years at an All-Boys Jesuit High School…..

williamg on July 6, 2014 at 4:01 AM

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:57 AM

G’night , Jackie

I Only Have Eyes For You

novaculus on July 6, 2014 at 4:01 AM

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 3:57 AM

Is this out of bounds??..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 4:02 AM

thatsafactjack on July 6, 2014 at 3:57 AM

^ One of you guys is being immortalized.

Pray she liked you — lol. :)

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 4:02 AM

Ok Axe, maybe(?) you’ll like this.

Miami Horror – I Look To You (ft. Kimbra)

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 4:03 AM

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 3:59 AM

You nailed it..Quite a piece of work..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Is this out of bounds??..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 4:02 AM

Duh. Of course it’s out of bounds. –But I lost my moral authority when I linked “Can’t Touch This.”

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 4:04 AM

bluegill on July 6, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Well, good luck. I would think one of the solutions will end up working for you.

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 4:07 AM

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 4:04 AM

Okay..Try this..Better??..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 4:07 AM

Miami Horror – I Look To You (ft. Kimbra)

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 4:03 AM

. . . kind of liked that.

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 4:07 AM

You nailed it..Quite a piece of work..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2014 at 4:03 AM

It’s not easy to debate people who put words into your mouth, and then refuse to admit they’re doing it lol

non-nonpartisan on July 6, 2014 at 4:13 AM

. . . am now withholding comments until tuneage stops making me feel funny.

Axe on July 6, 2014 at 4:15 AM