James Cameron wants you to eat all the plants to stop global warming

posted at 10:01 am on July 5, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

Remember, this is the same guy who dove to the bottom of Challenger Deep, so he probably knows something about, er… something. Apparently, one of the next big projects for James Cameron has nothing to do with 100 year old wrecks or ten foot tall blue people who plug their pony tails into their dragons. The director and his wife are ready to convince all of you to eat nothing but plants. For your health? Not just that… it’s also to stop global warming, of course.

Film director James Cameron and his wife, Suzy Amis Cameron, an actor and model, are planning a global campaign to persuade people to move towards a plant-only diet (where no animals or animal products are consumed) in order to sharply reduce global carbon emissions and improve their health…

“The project will include many different modes of communication that will reach as many different demographics as we possibly can from children to 90-year-olds. We want to bring awareness around the connection between livestock production and our environment to leave the planet a better place for our future generations to grow up in.”…

As they delved further into the subject, they recognised that the meat and dairy industry is also the elephant in the room when it comes to climate change.

I suppose this is a topic that’s drawing all sorts of attention around the world. Cameron is no doubt interested in the results of a recent study from across the pond with the rather unfortunate name, Dietary greenhouse gas emissions of meat-eaters, fish-eaters, vegetarians and vegans in the UK.

The production of animal-based foods is associated with higher greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions than plant-based foods. The objective of this study was to estimate the difference in dietary GHG emissions between self-selected meat-eaters, fish-eaters, vegetarians and vegans in the UK. Subjects were participants in the EPIC-Oxford cohort study. The diets of 2,041 vegans, 15,751 vegetarians, 8,123 fish-eaters and 29,589 meat-eaters aged 20–79 were assessed using a validated food frequency questionnaire…

Throughout the summary of the study results, the authors stubbornly refuse to hone in on the one detail that I’m sure we’re all wondering. Are they talking about the average carbon output from beef farming when divided by the number of people who eat steak? Because both the title and the descriptions in the following paragraph make it sound like they’re measuring the personal, er… gaseous emissions of the meat eaters in the study.

I know the climate warriors are a dedicated bunch and can find an angle to tie climate change into virtually every discussion, but this may have been a bit above and beyond the call here. I mean, who is it that was doing the “measuring” of these “emissions” and how was that managed? Inquiring minds want to know! (Okay… most of us probably don’t, actually.)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

This is so absurd it’s laughable…

sorrowen on July 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Meat is murder!

Tasty, tasty murder.

myiq2xu on July 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Broccoli makes me gassy.

BallisticBob on July 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Can’t they just leave us the hell alone.

jmtham156 on July 5, 2014 at 10:07 AM

These people are either very naive or very evil.

darwin on July 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Well we all know Cameron has a ego the size of Jupitor….

sorrowen on July 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Another useful hypocritic idiot comes out of the closet.

Krupnikas on July 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM

First they replace cow farts with people farts…then they start killing people to stop global warming!!!1!!!

Blake on July 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM

So James Cameron wants us to remove the Earths natural CO2 scrubbers?
And they wonder why we treat global warming like a joke.

nobar on July 5, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Eat nothing but democrats, progressives and liberals.

JoeHanson on July 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM

As nonsensical as burning veggies for fuel.

Such idiocy isn’t rare, unfortunately.

pambi on July 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I want him to stop making movies.
That has about as big a chance to happen as me becoming a vegan.

vityas on July 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Can’t they just leave us the hell alone.

jmtham156 on July 5, 2014 at 10:07 AM

No. “They” hate us in reality. They believe the earth is their domain and we’re spoiling it. One only has to look at the hsitory of progressives to understand how much they view us as a pestilence. If they ever get the power they want we’ll see their true selves.

darwin on July 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM

No Jazz, it doesn’t mean he knows anything, it means he has a damned lot of money. In fact, given this idea, it suggests that he has way to much money.

oscarwilde on July 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Again leftards, we cannot control climate (yet).
We eat all the plants, the very plants that absorb CO2, we’re left with a barren ice planet … BRILLIANT!

kregg on July 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM

This guy is a real fart smeller, er I mean smart feller. No, I was right the first time, sorry.

Flange on July 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM

If they’re measuring individuals, then plant eaters will produce more gas than a meat eater any day of the week.

But it sort of goes hand in hand, the vegetarians and vegans love to smell their own farts.

ButterflyDragon on July 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Or as Homer would say: You don’t win friends with salad.

Flange on July 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Remember, this is the same guy who dove dived to the bottom of Challenger Deep, so he probably knows something about, er… something.

‘Dove’ is a bird.

/pet peeve

…and, yes, I know you are now saying, “Bird? I’ll show you a bird!”

Knott Buyinit on July 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM

James Cameron wants you to eat all the plants to stop global warming

…eat me!….James

JugEarsButtHurt on July 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM

This, from an elitist whack-job that is likely responsible for more “carbon emissions” in a single movie production than I am throughout my entire existence.

Only truly affluent idiots can afford to think such things.

B4B on July 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM

This is the fart police! You are under arrest. Put the cabbage down and back away slowly…

HotAirian on July 5, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I guess when your meat/fish eater data is twice as large as your vegan/vegetarian data, you will get a larger result from the meat/fish sample. Math are hard.

Since I’ve read this article I must now go out and burn something to increase my carbon footprint.

kringeesmom on July 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM

From the same mindset that wants you to disprove something they can’t prove.

Think I’ll head out and do my Saturday errands and grab a delicious burger for lunch when I’m done. I’ll make it a double.

battalion on July 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I love my steak and seafood James….also McDaniel is fling a legal challenge in MS :)

sorrowen on July 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Just think if a person was able to time travel from 1800 to today. He reads about people being worried about cattle and human farts. He would immediately go back to where he came from and keep his mouth shut about the future forever. No body would ever believe him if he told them the truth.

Herb on July 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM

“Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.” -Genesis 9:1-3

Akzed on July 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM

“They warn that society is addicted to eating meat and dairy…”

Yup, and what happens when an addict doesn’t get his fix?

They’ll have to take it from my cold, dead, barbecue sauce covered fingers.

John Deaux on July 5, 2014 at 10:23 AM

“Remember, this is the same guy who dove to the bottom of Challenger Deep, so he probably knows something about, er… something.”

Ha, ha, ha …
What he knows is how to get funding for his film projects.

kregg on July 5, 2014 at 10:23 AM

‘Dove’ is a bird.

/pet peeve

Knott Buyinit on July 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM

It can also be a verb.

Unknot your panties and lighten up Francis.

Oldnuke on July 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Stop making super-expensive movies that drive up CO emissions, Mr. Cameron.

thebrokenrattle on July 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Wait-

Plants use carbon dioxide and excrete oxygen. Herbivores like cows eat these precious carbon dioxide sequester-ers.

Shouldn’t we instead kill the plant-murderers, and then eat them to terrorize the remainder and teach the rest of the veggie-vores a lesson?

Perhaps those peacoat-wearing vegans who hang out at the Food Co-op would then be frightened enough at the prospect of being slaughtered, dressed and served up on a styrofoam tray to join us in our sacred quest to preserve, protect and defend the plants which are our only hope against carbon pollution.

I think its clear that James Cameron has been bribed by the Koch brothers to spread this vile scheme of destroying the natural carbon sequester cycle.

I would be in favor of eating James Cameron and saving a helpless vegetable, wouldn’t you? Even a beet. I would choose a beet over James Cameron- yes, that is how much I cherish the planet.

Dolce Far Niente on July 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Don’t listen to him – he’s an idiot.

Ward Cleaver on July 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM

So excessive meat eating caused the medieval warming period.

jmtham156 on July 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Beef… It’s what’s for dinner

LaserTSV on July 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM

War on meat!

Viator on July 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM

fk him.

dmacleo on July 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Stop making super-expensive movies that drive up CO emissions, Mr. Cameron.

thebrokenrattle on July 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM

That was the first thing I thought. They jet around the world and own numerous mansions and make massive movie productions. Who needs movies? The world doesn’t need another movie. But we need food!

And I bet you this.. they aren’t going to give up meat. Even if they say they are.. they won’t. These super rich elitist hypocrites with their expensive cars and house and hired chefs who cook them the best foods lecturing us that we eat too much or keep our homes too warm! They disgust me!

There are many professions in the world.. actors and movie producers and directors are about the least of them!

JellyToast on July 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Alberta Canada laughs at this tool.

Tar Sands and Alberta beef. A Twofer!

can_con on July 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I know of a sure-fire way that he and his loony left brethren can reduce gaseous emissions – keep his big mouth shut!!

Really, they make a movie or two, earn a lot of $$$ and then think they are some kind of genius expert who has the right to run (to ruin) the lives of others.

IrishEyes on July 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM

If evolution intended for humans to exclusively eat plants, we’d have stomachs like cows.

Ben Hur on July 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Rainbow Six the guy and his wife.

Rainbow Six

Conservative Mischief on July 5, 2014 at 10:34 AM

As long as you remember Global Warming is a faith based system that ignores any inconvenient contradictory data and allows indulgences rather than actual life style changes, then this is perfectly understandable. He is announcing a missionary campaign to convert the heathen. His denomination practices certain dietary restrictions to prove your devotion to the faith so you can look down your nose on other faithful who don’t follow your practices and shun the non-believers as truly barbarians. It doesn’t matter the reality. This lets him feel better about himself and superior to others. The fact that any objective view of the facts would make him a laughing stock doesn’t matter because he wouldn’t be caught dead associating with those sort of people (who support his lifestyle with their entertainment dollars).
I think I’ll have some bacon for breakfast. Yummie bacon.

yetanotherjohn on July 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM

The Stupid! It burns!

JimK on July 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM

JellyToast on July 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Precisely.
So much easy wealth, so much guilt.
But when a progressive feels guilty about something, they don’t go to confession, they demand that the rest of us pay for their guilt.

B4B on July 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM

And the film industry has one of the largest carbon footprints of all.

He should think globally and act locally.

Ben Hur on July 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Can you imagine Cameron’s carbon footprint? He hauls equipment and people all around the world for undersea exploration. He makes movies to make money which cause who knows how much CO2 to be produced. Then millions of people drive to theaters to see the movies, buy millions of DVDs with their associated packaging to be produced and then thrown away, etc.

This guy is a titanic-sized hypocrite.

Aplombed on July 5, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Suzy Amis Cameron, an actor and model

Model? Maybe in 1980.

lowandslow on July 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM

There’s a few other things going on in real time, Jazz.

ORDER BREAKDOWN: RESIDENTS REVOLT: PROTESTERS A DEMONSTRATORS IN TENSE STANDOF ‘F**K AMERICA’: PRO-AMNESTY CR 6 arrested… President pushes amnesty at na TX Trip: Three Fundraisers –Dallas Commissioner Plans to H Activist to distribute flashli DEM HANDS OUT LOLLIPOPS… Interactive map: Government ef Obama Look-Alike Killed in Ad. RISK: ISIS ties to Mexican dru Rancher Discovers $2M Pot Farm FEDS THREATEN JOURNALIST WITH PRUDEN: Wave of illegals r

It’s kind of a big deal.

Sometimes I wish our weekend contributers would follow Drudges lead. The news doesn’t end on weekends.

We live in serious times, and I just can’t concern myself with junk like this.

Hey Jazz,,, what’s going on down in Mississipi, too?

wolly4321 on July 5, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Broccoli makes me gassy.

BallisticBob on July 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Ironically, flatuence is worse for Gorebull Warmering than carbon dioxide.

Steve Eggleston on July 5, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Beef… It’s what’s for dinner

LaserTSV on July 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Eat Moar Chikin!
Pork – the other white meat.

It’s all good.

Steve Eggleston on July 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Sure, OK. Right after he does the same. For a full year.

WK on July 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM

It’s quite amazing how I can read a headline and instantly know if it’s a post by Jazz Shaw…

nonpartisan on July 5, 2014 at 10:52 AM

wolly4321 on July 5, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Preach it brother.

can_con on July 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Focus

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Who wakes up on Saturday after the 4th thinking gee,, I’ll write about this?

I don’t care.

The frigging Country is burning down.

Will I eat meat or veggies during the inevitable looming Civil or World war?

Maybe we should worry about being able to eat at all.

wolly4321 on July 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Today’s menu at the B4B household includes Porterhouse steaks, butter-poached lobster, baked potatoes, and grilled zucchini.

And the only thing “liberal” will be the amount of Bombay Sapphire in my tonic.

B4B on July 5, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Film and Television industry is one of the largest polluters in SoCal.

Blake on July 5, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Go wolly!

This guy declares himself god; obama already thinks he is the One…and we’re to worry about our veggies.

What a world!

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2014 at 11:06 AM

When Barbara Streisand stops air-conditioning her horse stables and AlGore goes on several diets, in all regards, call on me again. Maybe I’ll listen then.

Nothing like the leftist thuggish hypocrites to preach at us.

See Michelle obama chowing down a load of lobsters, while preaching this shit.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Maybe you feel the need to lighten things up on the weekend.

I don’t agree. The world doesn’t stop at 5pm NY time.

I’m not even convinced you read the news.

wolly4321 on July 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM

You first, Jimbo!
He needs to start small and get the Hollywood elite to follow his vegan mandate. Once 90% of Hollywood no longer eats meat, stops flying in private jets and abandons SUVs for Prius, I’ll consider him sincere.

philw1776 on July 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM

1. Humans have sharp, cutting front teeth, back teeth for gnashing and grinding, and a digestive tract that needs bacteria from meat and dairy products. *Ominivourous* at the very least.

2. Humans have front-facing, binocular vision, a keen sense of smell, and hearing that can determine direction and distance.
*Predators*

3. It’s none of my business if a crazy person wants to do and say stupid things. It becomes my business when they do it in my living room. Go away, Cameron.

a5minmajor on July 5, 2014 at 11:09 AM

darwin on July 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Look what they do in Malibu. They block off beach access to us plebs so only they may enjoy it.

Pegcity on July 5, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I’m trying to help you, Jazz. Honestly.

Go read Drudge,, and then write.

Either that, or just make all your post an open thread.

wolly4321 on July 5, 2014 at 11:13 AM

If these dipsh!ts are worried about carbon emissions, don’t they realize that plants eat carbon dioxide? Or did they flunk 6th grade Earth Science?

College Prof on July 5, 2014 at 11:15 AM

What is is with these people???

Shut the Hell up, mind your own business, make movies.

BigWyo on July 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM

These people are either very naive or very evil.

darwin on July 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Sorry, late to the thread with limited time, but if anyone hasn’t come up with this, it seems from their actions that nthey are clearly….

Naievil.

RL on July 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM

You’re all supposed to bake cakes and make steaks for the new “immigrants”.

Stupid authors – they are NOT immigrants. That implies legality, fools of all kinds.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Don’t plants breath carbon dioxide and “exhale” oxygen?

Cindy Munford on July 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Should we bother pointing out to Cameron that plants take CO2 out of the atmosphere and turn it into O2?

Maybe he should be telling us to never eat plants again and to plant trees and shrubs everywhere and to bow down to the healing power of gaia.

Eh, forget it.

Timin203 on July 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM

2 – 4% of likely voters say “climate change” is a top issue. While I do enjoy the ocassional dose of liberal hypocrisy, I would much rather being reading top knotch insights on economic,foreign and domestic policies.

Sseems I am not alone here.

can_con on July 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM

The world will not be a better place for our descendants if they are unable to eat bacon. Just putting that out there. Now if you will excuse me I have some ribs on the grill…

fragglerock61 on July 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM

wolly, my friend. This is good advice – ignore anything you don’t like and put an OT in front of your comments.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM

nonpartisan on July 5, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I strongly suspect that the concepts of ‘Gravity’, ‘Magnetic Attraction’, ‘Band-Aids’ and ‘Shoelaces’ are probably amazing to you as well.

a5minmajor on July 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Crap like this is going on, Jazz

It’s called Dictatorship.

Now back away from the coddled eggs and scotch and write.

wolly4321 on July 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM

can_con on July 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Commenting on a phone. Sorry for grammar and sp.

can_con on July 5, 2014 at 11:27 AM

The leftists who promote all this are against agriculture, really…because it affects global warming, cooling, or the climate…

They really hate humans, except not their own narcissistic selves.

Thugs, as I always say.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Eating vegetables is like murder…

sadatoni on July 5, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Wolly, my friend. This is good advice –ignore anything you don’t like and put an OT in front of your comments. That way you don’t breach the TOU, whatever they mean for whomever, and you get your message out. If someone doesn’t like it, they’ll tell you. They…meaning the management. Wait, they be Salem…they don’t care, so long as the hits keep coming. To the chagrin of the leftist thugs, Capitalism is still cool. Eat your peas, lefties. We’ll eat whatever we like and pay for, you sheeple. Schadenfreude on July 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Advice noted. And appreciated.

But they are asleep at the switch, IMO.

wolly4321 on July 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Eat Moar Chikin!
Pork – the other white meat.

It’s all good.

Steve Eggleston on July 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM

It’s Cow Appreciation Day at my local Chik-Fil_A.

katy the mean old lady on July 5, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Who wakes up on Saturday after the 4th thinking gee,, I’ll write about this?

I don’t care.

The frigging Country is burning down.

Will I eat meat or veggies during the inevitable looming Civil or World war?

Maybe we should worry about being able to eat at all.

wolly4321 on July 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Very true but it’s nice to have something to laugh at. Do these people know how laughable they are? Are they really that ignorant of biology? Of course they are.

crankyoldlady on July 5, 2014 at 11:36 AM

CO2 is plant food. Why is James Cameron anti-vegetable? Inquiring minds want to know.

Fred 2 on July 5, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Well, I’ve seen most of his movies, and I wish he’d just stick to that, instead of being a lib – very RICH lib – who knows what’s best for all of humanity, if we’d only listen to him and his comrades . .

raynbene on July 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM

James, go to the Serengeti and convince the lions to stop eating meat first. Then go to the Ol Doinyo Lengai volcano while you’re at it and convince it to stop spewing greenhouse gases. After that I will listen to you.

rbj on July 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Shooting plants is not much fun.

Mark1971 on July 5, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Ironically, flatulence is worse for Gorebull Warmering than carbon dioxide.

Steve Eggleston on July 5, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Yeah, well we could all be forced to wear a catalytic converter for our behinds:

Under-Ease

There will be inspections at the box office of all James Cameron movies. You won’t be allowed to purchase a ticket unless you are wearing them.

Now, just to come up with ones that cows will wear…

climbnjump on July 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM

They apparently scored the food people ate something like counting calories, and developed a quotient to quantify the results.

The whole abstract is bookended like this:

The production of animal-based foods is associated with higher greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions than plant-based foods. [. . .] In conclusion, dietary GHG emissions in self-selected meat-eaters are approximately twice as high as those in vegans. It is likely that reductions in meat consumption would lead to reductions in dietary GHG emissions.

The point of the exercise was to write down what they already “knew.” And what they already knew, we already knew, since they’ve been telling us the whole time: Cowboys are evil unless they’re gay.

We’re not talking about passing gas. They “study” wasn’t about flatulence.

Comparable GHG emissions parameters were developed for the underlying food codes using a dataset of GHG emissions for 94 food commodities in the UK, with a weighting for the global warming potential of each component gas.

^ And about those codes:

Nutritional analyses of the 130 food-item FFQ were based on nutritional data for 289 food codes taken from UK food composition tables, primarily the McCance & Widdows on series (Roe et al. 2002). We estimated the GHG emissions associated with these 289 food codes, measured as kgCO2e (that is, kg of GHG weighted by global warming potential over a 100 year time frame, with carbon dioxide weighted as 1, methane weighted as 25 and nitrous oxide weighted as 298) per 100 g of food. The method used was adapted from a previous investigation of the health impact of applying a carbon tax to foods in the UK (Briggs et al. 2013). The source document for GHG parameters was Audsley et al. (2009), which estimates comparable GHG emissions for 94 food commodities consumed in the UK. These parameters incorporate the life cycle of food commodities from the earliest stages of production to the retail distribution centre. Different parameters are estimated for foods produced in the UK, the EU and outside the EU. We produced single UK estimates of GHG emissions for each food commodity, weighted by current import and export patterns using 2007 food balance sheet data from the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization. FAOSTAT. July 2013). The weighted estimates for the 94 food commodities are presented in the appendix. The GHG emissions for the 289 food codes were then constructed from these 94 parameters using two techniques which we describe below as ‘adjusting for density’ and ‘estimating GHG emissions for recipes’.

p. ~181+, “2.3 Calculation of dietary GHG emissions”

^ And so on.

The purpose of the study was to provide the right people with the right numbers. It doesn’t really demonstrate anything, and it demonstrates absolutely nothing about the health or lifestyle of people with different diets.

The actual premise: it takes more energy to put a steak on a person’s plate than to put a carrot on his or her plate. But that was never a question.

Axe on July 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM

rbj on July 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I think some one needs to float the idea to James that the only way to appease the Volcano gods is sacrifice.

They will only be satisfied with a sanctimonious busybody a$$hole with more money than common sense.

And his wife can jump in right after him just to make sure.

BigWyo on July 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Haven’t read the article; don’t plan to, because I don’t understand why I’m supposed to give a hoot what James Cameron thinks.

I worry that we create a pretty fair collection of our own strawmen, while denouncing Democrats for that very thing.

ss396 on July 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Hey james try some hemlock. I hear its very good and makes a wonderful tea

jaywemm on July 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Another display of elitist douchebaggery…

yubley on July 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM

a5minmajor on July 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Yes, to the ignorant technology of sufficient level is indistinguishable from magic. In this particular case you could substitute any for sufficient. Paraphrasing Clarke.

Oldnuke on July 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM

re. converting to vegetarianism with vacuous Hollywood actors who have decided fur is out and coffee enemas are in this season — I don’t have any more interest in “stopping global warming” than I have in “going clear.”

They hope their project, which is still at a very early stage, “will turn the needle” in raising people’s consciousness particularly in the US, which they believe is trailing Europe in recognising the dangers. “At the moment we are at the genesis of creating the project and collecting the science behind it so we’re both steeped in the research and the data,” Amis Cameron tells the Guardian.

They got that right. But we’re not being brow-beaten on a daily basis with crap like “Global Dimming” documentaries masquerading as news and information.

Axe on July 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM

. . . k, hotair is still here, i’m still here . . .

now to make another cup of coffee and check email to make sure i didn’t burn anything down that was important

then prolly tv

*rubs temples*

i can do this — one foot in front of the other

like a gay cowboy going to town for a whopper

Axe on July 5, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Blake on July 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I’m sure they’ll rapidly see that they can do both simultaneously.

Annar on July 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Shooting plants is not much fun.

Mark1971 on July 5, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Stalking celery or beheading lettuce just isn’t very sporting.

Flange on July 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Earlier this year, global warming was blamed for the ‘irreversible retreat’ of west Antarctic glaciers.

But now scientists claim that warming of the planet is in fact behind a paradoxical growth in South Pole sea ice.

davidk on July 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Stopping all film production in this country would do more for the environment than anything Cameron suggests. It might destroy his livelihood, but no one told him to take up such an environmentally unfriendly (and irresponsible) profession.

zoyclem on July 5, 2014 at 12:32 PM