Why, yes, Valerie Jarrett does have a photo of herself being worshipped by figurines on her desk

posted at 2:41 pm on July 1, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via the Blaze, I’m tempted to call this a palate cleanser but I think learning that Jarrett has a sense of humor about her enormous influence over Obama and the federal government actually comes closer to being news.

Frankly, I’m surprised this was on her desk instead of Obama’s.

vj2

For just $18.47, you too can wink at your own power. Meanwhile, never forget: Everything, and I mean everything, is a messaging opportunity.

Translation:

Exit question: She’s going to end up replacing Mark Kirk in the Senate eventually, isn’t she?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

When I said she got really good grades, the teachers loved her, I meant because/em> the teachers loved her.

Grading was subjective and she was favored; this is a blue-blood prep school, not college, and the instructors were uber liberals from New England, mostly Boston I think.

She was political at age 16, not surprised how she ended up.

Tard on July 1, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I assume NMH was a single school by that time? I know it was previously two separate schools and their campuses weren’t exactly next to each other.

Del Dolemonte on July 1, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Valerie Jarrett
@vj44

Don’t worry friends, it was a gag gift. Us strong women don’t need worship — just an economy for the 21st century.
#WomenSucceed

1:03 PM – 1 Jul 2014

Uhhh … no, Valerie . . . . . what you women (“strong”, or otherwise) need, is :
1) – Jesus Christ
2) – husbands
Genuinely “strong” people (both genders) can make/bulid their own economies . . . . . if you need government to make your “economy for the 21st century”, then you’re not strong … period.

listens2glenn on July 1, 2014 at 6:51 PM

My dear departed father had a virtuous analogy: A good student cannot be made less by a middling college and a good college cannot make a better person of a bum.
In Machivalery’s case … I’ll blame Stanford.
If rationale for eliminating Affirmative Action is needed, I offer Valerie and Putt as evidence.
With these two as examples, I’ll wager that law school isn’t as challenging as was before AA.
Putt is a Professor in Constitutional Law? LMAO … he was a GUEST lecturer at U of Chicago (night school).
Libfree, et al,
Show me his publications to support his tenure and promotion to PROFESSOR … or just STFU.

Missilengr on July 1, 2014 at 7:22 PM

The had gets paid Salary of 172,200.00/yr., for being a dummy pumpkin.

And that’s just her salary. The cow has a security contingent, for nothing at all.

Schadenfreude on July 1, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 1, 2014 at 6:17 PM

It was considered ‘one school’ in the early 70′s but the campuses were separate and pretty far apart, we took buses between them.
The dorms were campus-segregated by sex.
This was during a time it was illegal in MA to buy condoms without being married!

When the Vietnamese war ended, the entire school went from dorm to dorm waking people up for some kind of stupid piece March. One of the black students looked out his window and panicked, thinking the white people were there to Lynch him. For real, I saw it. He jumped out the window onto a lower roofline, holding a lacrosse stick, screaming for help. God it was funny.

A few years ago they sold the Northfield campus according to their newsletter, but I don’t follow it anymore.

Tard on July 1, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Us strong women do, however, need some grammar coaching.

disa on July 2, 2014 at 7:24 AM

We regular women wonder at how someone illiterate got the whip hand of the country.

SarahW on July 2, 2014 at 8:35 AM