Obama whines: These Republicans are suing me for doing my job

posted at 5:21 pm on June 27, 2014 by Allahpundit

This is a guy, remember, who likes to remind his opponents that he knows a thing or two about the Constitution after having taught it for several years and then gets destroyed by the Supreme Court on recess appointments. What you’re about to watch is actually a bookend to this now infamous clip from his 2008 campaign, when he told voters his presidency would correct the Bushian trend towards an ever more powerful executive branch. Fast forward six years and he’s actually taken to arguing that ignoring some federal statutes and rewriting others is just part of his “job.” To object to that logic on separation-of-powers grounds is to be guilty of a “stunt.”

And so, at long last, the professional left reaches pure “ends justifies the means” territory:

If executive action serves the cause of Progress, the procedural niceties are irrelevant. Obama himself has made variations of that argument. The question is, how far would the Supreme Court be willing to go to rein him in? Jonathan Turley hinted yesterday that the 9-0 bomb they dropped on him over his NLRB appointments might be a sign that they’re more receptive to a lawsuit filed by the House than everyone thinks. I’m skeptical, but George Will made the case eloquently recently that courts have no choice but to force each branch to stay in their respective lanes if separation of powers means anything. It’d be nice to hand this matter over to voters and let them punish Obama but there are too many Sally Kohns out there for that. Either the courts stand by while a quiescent electorate lets the executive take over more of the federal government or they tell him what his “job” really is.

Update: You ready for this one? Via Mickey Kaus:

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) piled on. Noting that a year has passed since the Senate passed a sweeping immigration reform bill with broad bipartisan support, he urged House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to bring a similar bill to the floor.

“I don’t know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today,” Durbin said. “And if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration.”

Kaus wondered on Twitter which part of the Constitution contains this alleged “borrowing power.” I believe it’s Article II, Section 5, also known as the “Just Take What You Need, Bro” clause.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Playing the victim again…with a hint of race card in there.

albill on June 27, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Wrong! He’s not trying to do his job, he’s trying to do their job. 100 times now Obama, “I am not king”, “I am not king”, . . . “I am not king”.

rplat on June 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I think suing Obama is a mistake. It gives the media the excuse to turn their laser onto Boehner and away from Obama.

Obama was doing a fine job of destroying his Presidency without our help.

faraway on June 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Respectfully, Mr President, I am interested in what you think YOUR JOB IS!

Because the only things I ever see you do are:

-Break or ignore laws
-Say bad things about people like me who loves this country as it was Founded
-Golf
-Vacation
-Throw huge celebrity parties
-Dither endlessly every time there is a foreign crisis

So, Mr Obama, what would you say “you DO here?”

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Now we have to bleach the bandshell too. Get out of my state Barry.

gophergirl on June 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Pfft…Constitution Smonstitution!

nextgen_repub on June 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM

GOP blocks all progress in Congress, accuses Obama of not leading, then *SUES* Obama when he leads in face of their inaction? Just wow…

— Sally Kohn (@sallykohn) June 27, 2014

Since when has Harry Reid joined the GOP ?

Reuben Hick on June 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM

How about all the laws the house has passed that the Senate hasn’t taken up? I want to sue Barry for impersonating a President.

Sven on June 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Like we discussed (and was admitted to by Tlaloc) last night, lying is nothing more than a means to an end for them.

rogerb on June 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Can’t he just eat his waffle destroy America?

Ward Cleaver on June 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Squel

Nevsky on June 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM

In other news, Sally Kohn is still ugly.

Ward Cleaver on June 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Obama was doing a fine job of destroying his Presidency without our help.

faraway on June 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM

If there is any resistance at all, of course the focus will be on the ones resisting. That doesn’t mean we should all roll over.

Someone has to stop this guy.

Missy on June 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I tell you who has the best standing to sue Obama…

Harvard and Columbia.

By claiming to have gone to both schools (and he’s never released the transcripts to prove it) and yet be so utterly incompetent and ignorant he is causing IRREPARABLE damage to their reputations and credibility as even passable academic institutions, much less ELITE ones!

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Now we have to bleach the bandshell too. Get out of my state Barry.

gophergirl on June 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I know how you feel – my daughter shares a name with that lake. Hope it doesn’t ruin the bandshell for me forever.

I’ll be flying there tomorrow. Hope he’ll be gone by then.

Missy on June 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Anybody know what this means besides perhaps more Executive Orders?

sharrukin on June 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Sally Kohn walks into a bar…

Wait, she didn’t walk into a bar? Then why does her face look like that?

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Defund, defund, defund. Slash the WH living budget to the bone.

katy the mean old lady on June 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM

rplat on June 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM

This is it exactly.

By the way, what is it about leftists that make them always want to crown a King, Czar or Emperor. Are they truly that afraid of managing their own lives?

Theophile on June 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Someone has to stop this guy.

Missy on June 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM

He’s getting ready to crack… This whine was VERY VERY close to it.

When he does, the meltdown will replace the “Downfall” Hitler rant for YouTube parodies for all time…

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Theophile on June 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM

They imagine themselves always at the levers of power. No lefty wants to be a mere subject of the King; they expect to be his liege lords.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Article 2 Section 5…

nah bro we didn’t really mean we wanted Separate and Co-Equal branches of government you go on ahead and get your Caligula On dude you totes deserve it.

harlekwin15 on June 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM

He’s getting ready to crack… This whine was VERY VERY close to it.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I hope you’re right. I’ve thought that before.

Two unanimous SCOTUS smackdowns of his DOJ in two days probably didn’t help.

Things are getting scarier by the minute. If only we had a free and independent press in this country.

Missy on June 27, 2014 at 5:34 PM

RIP “Principled” Leftist Opposition to the “Unitary Executive” c. 2000-2008

You shall be missed, sweet prince….

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM

The Left believes the authority to rule over us to be a birthright, because they are superior by birth and we are doomed to perpetually be inferior, and thus incapable of making decisions on our own.

This despite the fact that you’d be hard pressed to find ANYONE with demonstrably less intelligence and knowledge than their lord and god Obama.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM

@sallykohn

Somebody should tell this young gentleman that a president is supposed to “lead” within the confines of the law.

Red Widow on June 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Apparently it hasn’t occurred to Senator Durbin that NOT acting on an issue is a perfectly acceptable response from the House’. How many House bills have been ignored by the Senate. Not that I think the house doesn’t want to act on amnesty but wow the hypocrisy.

hopeful on June 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM

He’s getting ready to crack… This whine was VERY VERY close to it.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I can’t wait for the “Hitler finds out Teh SCOAMT meltdown topped his” parody.

Steve Eggleston on June 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM

LOL, just wait until the Hobby Lobby and Harris decisions come out on Monday. He’s gonna go into full-commie freakout mode.

rockmom on June 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Obama was doing a fine job of destroying his Presidency without our help.

faraway on June 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM

With all due respect, Obama must be stopped. I know he’s self destructing but perhaps that was his plan all along. I always thought he’d feign a stroke, but alas! Marxist Communist Islamofacists don’t have strokes.

They just have phones.. and pens.

Key West Reader on June 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

This is a guy, remember,

He is?

Flange on June 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

President Pantload is looking more and more puny every single day, isn’t he?

Naturally Curly on June 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I hope you’re right. I’ve thought that before.

Two unanimous SCOTUS smackdowns of his DOJ in two days probably didn’t help.

Missy on June 27, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Well, if we had a free and non-wacko leftist Press, Oblahblah would never have been elected the first time.

Basically, each and every factor as to why America is neck deep in liberal feces right now, can be attributed to the leftist, derelict media.

Meople on June 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM

They’ve been there since 1968.

No, the question is much the same one Iosif Stalin once had for the Pope – how many divisions do the Capitol Police and Supreme Court Police have?

Steve Eggleston on June 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I hope you’re right. I’ve thought that before.

Two unanimous SCOTUS smackdowns of his DOJ in two days probably didn’t help.

Missy on June 27, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I guarantee things got thrown and broken in the Spite House yesterday after those rulings were released. Obama views these actions as unwarranted defiance by the court. He also views them as PERSONAL insults. It’s part of the narcissistic mental makeup. EVERYTHING is personal to them. The Supreme Court wasn’t upholding 230 years of legal precedent, it was PERSONALLY DEFYING HIM, it had the AUDACITY to say NO to him.

And you are right, these next two years of him will be the times that try mens souls…

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

US Constitution

Article I Section I…..The POTUS in his sole discretion may beg, borrow or steal power from whatever source is available to him…..

It’s right there in plain language….

d1carter on June 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

rockmom on June 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

That there was ever a need to have a suit like this shows how far left (or apathetic) the country has gone.

faraway on June 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

rockmom on June 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I have a BAAAAAD feeling about Monday, especially about the Hobby Lobby case.

Steve Eggleston on June 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

I hope our next GOP president takes this precedent and runs with it.

Wino on June 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

@sallykohn

Red Widow on June 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM

If I were her, I’d get rid of that mullet look.. And I’d also pluck my eyebrows. But then again, I’m not a butch woman ghey so what the heck do I know?

/I know that’s a cheap shot, but eh… She’s taking cheap shots, I’ll take a cheap shot.

Key West Reader on June 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I can’t wait for the “Hitler finds out Teh SCOAMT meltdown topped his” parody.

Steve Eggleston on June 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I’m waiting for that chin lift to go high enough that he flips over backwards.

katy the mean old lady on June 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Sally Kohn. She’s probably turned more lesbians hetero than anyone else could do.

TXUS on June 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM

The real question: When does the kneepads media start to cannibalize Obama in an effort to help Hilldog for 2016? It’s going to happen, but they can’t do it too quickly or they’ll be showing their slip.

I say it happens in earnest right around the first major GOP primaries, especially if it looks like somebody competent (Walker, Cruz, Jindal) might be poised to win the GOP nod.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM

— Sally Kohn (@sallykohn) June 27, 2014

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Mimzey on June 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM

President Pantload is looking more and more puny every single day, isn’t he?

Naturally Curly on June 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM

He’s shriveling up and starting to take on his true appearance. He’ll soon look like the Emperor in Star Wars.

Meople on June 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Obama was doing a fine job of destroying his Presidency without our help.

faraway on June 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Typical bully fodder. If we just curl up in a ball and hide under the bed maybe they won’t hurt us. Besides Boehner deserves it as well.

crankyoldlady on June 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM

US Constitution

It’s right there in plain language….

d1carter on June 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

I believe legal scholars call that the GFY Clause. :)

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Maybe its just me getting tired of fighting this multi-year battle against the fools on the left, but I think this lawsuit is massively stupid and does about as much good for the conservative cause as public open carry protests do for the cause of gun rights. IMHO Boehner is as much a part of the problem as Reid. We need a congressional enema… this lawsuit will only fan the flames and angst on the loud and persuasive left and serve as fodder to use against the right during elections.

::sigh::

TheLoudTalker on June 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM

hopeful on June 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Durbin and co. are panicking. They know their Senate majority is near its end and they are trying to bully the House now. I think their threats are empty.

rockmom on June 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM

How would Obama know? He doesn’t even seem to know what the job of a President is?

VorDaj on June 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Steve Eggleston on June 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM

The divisions Obama needs to be worried about are the ones that can be made out of over 300 million privately owned firearms augmented by professional active duty and recently served military personnel vs his laughingstock of a “Civilian Defense Corpse” made of of SWAT team “3AM Commandos”.

If he isn’t worried, he should be. They are why he will NEVER be able to acquire and keep the power he wants.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM

With all due respect, Obama must be stopped.

Key West Reader on June 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

‘Stopped’???? I can’t stop laughing.

Obama follows Alinsky to the letter

Keep the pressure on,” he continued, “with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”[83]

Toward this end, Alinksy advised organizers to be sure that they always kept more than one “fight in the bank.” In other words, organizers should keep a stockpile of comparatively small crusades which they are already prepared to conduct, and to which they can instantly turn their attention after having won a major victory of some type. These “fights in the bank” serve the dual purpose of keeping the organization’s momentum going, while not allowing its major crusade to get “stale” from excessive public exposure

faraway on June 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM

VorDaj on June 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Apparently they don’t teach that at Harvard or Columbia. Which leads me to ask, does an education at either place have ANY value?

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I believe legal scholars call that the GFY Clause. :)

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM

LOL…….

d1carter on June 27, 2014 at 5:45 PM

— Sally Kohn (@sallykohn) June 27, 2014

Well, what Obama’s doing and has been for some time, is only “leading” if you’re an America-hating Marxist.

So, I guess that gives us plenty of insight into Ms. Kohn’s political leanings.

Meople on June 27, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Sally Kohn ✔ @sallykohn

GOP blocks all progress in Congress Democrat efforts to destroy the Republic and the Rule of Law, accuses Obama of not leading, then *SUES* Obama when he leads in face of their inaction? Just wow…

Yeah, Wow, Sally! It’s about time.

IndieDogg on June 27, 2014 at 5:45 PM

This is a guy, remember,

He is?

Flange on June 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Meh. Debatable. But hs’s cool cuz he has …. ?

Key West Reader on June 27, 2014 at 5:46 PM

::sigh::

TheLoudTalker on June 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I bet you didn’t think this Supreme Court would rule 13 times unanimously that Obama and his Administration have done something illegal or unconstitutional either. But it has.

I think the lawsuit is a great idea, and I think it might actually work. The judicial branch still holds respect among the people, on the left and right, while Congress is at single digit approval ratings and the President is now at under 40%. Maybe the courts are the only way to rein in a runaway President, and do it in a nonpartisan way.

rockmom on June 27, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I have a BAAAAAD feeling about Monday, especially about the Hobby Lobby case.

Steve Eggleston on June 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

If that case goes the way it should go, I think that may be the trigger for Obama to FINALLY unleash his topper to Hitler’s bunker rant…

It will be the thing that Obama is ultimately remembered for in history. And it will be captured on video so no actor re-creation will be necessary.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:47 PM

rockmom on June 27, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I don’t think the lawsuit is going to ultimately do much, but it DOES accomplish one thing: It puts Obama on the defensive.

Which we’ve never had him on before.

So in that respect it IS necessary.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Earth to Obana you do not write laws…

sorrowen on June 27, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I have a BAAAAAD feeling about Monday, especially about the Hobby Lobby case.

Steve Eggleston on June 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

I do, too. I wish I didn’t. Lots of prayer needed.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Once again, I pray you’re right.

Missy on June 27, 2014 at 5:51 PM

We fall right into Alinsky’s trap.

The goal is to foment enough public discontent, moral confusion, and outright chaos to spark the social upheaval that Marx, Engels, and Lenin predicted — a revolution whose foot soldiers view the status quo as fatally flawed and wholly unworthy of salvation. Thus, the theory goes, the people will settle for nothing less than that status quo’s complete collapse — to be followed by the erection of an entirely new system upon its ruins.

Toward that end, they will be apt to follow the lead of charismatic radical organizers who project an aura of confidence and vision, and who profess to clearly understand what types of societal “changes” are needed.

Notice how all of Obama’s people appear calm and unfazed (even when lying through their teeth) on TV.

Then notice that everyone on our side is (rightly) raving about some scandal.

Obama is counting on this, plus a GOP Senate.

faraway on June 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Earth to Obana you do not write laws…

sorrowen on June 27, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Obama doesn’t write laws. He bangs his Royal Scepter on the floor three times and reads “so it shall be written, so it shall be done” off a Teleprompter.

Actual writing is below Pharaoh’s pay grade, the Royal Wiper does that for him.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM

rockmom on June 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I don’t see the big coup we get by winning the Senate 51-49, especially given our ridiculous slate in 2016. Seriously, it’s going to be almost impossible in practice to not lose seats in 2016 (we defend 24 seats, at least 10 of which are far from safe, they defend 10, of which maybe 3 are gettable).

I remember gameplanning in 2010. We were going to get the Senate in 2010 by a hair, pad our lead a bit in 2012, then push for a supermajority in 2014. But we didn’t get the Senate in 2010, and we lost seats in 2012 even though the Dems has a similar situation as we will have in 2016, defending over 20 seats. So now we’re not pushing for a supermajority, we’re scrambling to get 51. Which will likely only hold for two years.

You don’t win by constantly fighting between the 45 yard lines.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I have a BAAAAAD feeling about Monday, especially about the Hobby Lobby case.

Steve Eggleston on June 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

If it does go against us it will only enrage the populace further.

crankyoldlady on June 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM

rockmom on June 27, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Since Boehner is too cowardly to seriously oppose Obama with all of the means at his disposal, yeah, I say doing it through the courts is a good idea.

non-nonpartisan on June 27, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Gee whiz, expecting him to conform to the Constitution?

How cruel can we be?

formwiz on June 27, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Sally Kohn ✔ @sallykohn

Sally, bless your heart…what Obama does is not leading!

22044 on June 27, 2014 at 5:54 PM

If it does go against us it will only enrage the populace further.

crankyoldlady on June 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM

If it goes against us, it will be clear Roberts is still being blackmailed.

Oh, and that the First Amendment truly means nothing any more.

Meople on June 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Once again, I pray you’re right.

Missy on June 27, 2014 at 5:51 PM

If I’m wrong then Revolution is imminent, because we will have lost the First Amendment.

Congress SHALL make no law establishing a religion or preventing the free exercise thereof.

If we lose that we lose all right to believe in the true God or practice that Belief. Government, particularly Barack HUSSEIN Obama, man of no discernible faith (other than himself) will have been placed above God by the Supreme Court.

That CANNOT be tolerated. That REQUIRES Revolution.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Hoo nelly was that racist!

Chuck Schick on June 27, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Note to Obama: “If you’ve done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.”

PersonFromPorlock on June 27, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Hoo nelly was that racist!

Chuck Schick on June 27, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I think I remember seeing that clause. It’s right before the “Federal Judges can just make shiite up” clause, which is right before the “States cannot prohibit sodomites from marrying” clause.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Hoo nelly was that racist!

Chuck Schick on June 27, 2014 at 5:58 PM

It’s true. I’ve seen black people in movies and on TV say “bro.” Dog whistle!!1!1

/urban elitist

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2014 at 6:01 PM

That REQUIRES Revolution.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Dude, you need to take some deep breaths. We lived through the 60s, we will live through anything Obama can do to us.

faraway on June 27, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 3h

Pres Obama used his speech to defend his policies & slam Congressional GOP. He also used his familiar catchphrase: don’t boo – vote.

canopfor on June 27, 2014 at 6:02 PM

That REQUIRES Revolution.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM

faraway on June 27, 2014 at 6:01 PM

We have never had one of the Big Five enumerated freedoms (Speech, Press, Religion, Assembly, Petition) taken away from us before by the government.

That is a line that has been approached many times in the last century, but never actually CROSSED.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM

This is a guy, remember,

He is?

Flange on June 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Manboobs. He’s got ‘em.

HiJack on June 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Theophile on June 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM

They literally believe in Fairy Tales.

Del Dolemonte on June 27, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 3h

Earlier in the day – he mentioned getting letters that call him an idiot and a lousy president. He is not saying he wants more of those.

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 3h

Pres Obama said the letters he gets “mean so much” and remind him who he’s fighting for “every single day.”

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 36s

“They don’t do anything except block me and call me names,”‘ says Pres Obama of GOP in Congress.

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 26s

Sidestepping GOP arguments against his policies, Pres Obama urges them to “get on board…I’m happy to share the credit.”

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 26s

Saying he can’t wait for Congress to act, Pres Obama says that’s why he’s moving ahead without them wherever he can.

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 25s

Pres says GOP in Congress has blocked or voted down his programs to help working families including min wage, fair pay & unemp. insurance.

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 7s

Pres Obama says it drives him nuts that he can’t get his agenda through Congress.

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 24s

“You are an idiot and the worst president ever,” says Pres Obama, describing some of the critical letters he gets.

canopfor on June 27, 2014 at 6:07 PM

It’s either in the Good ‘N Plenty clause, or it’s emanating from one of those invisible penumbras that you have to have an Ivy League J.D. to be able to see.

AZCoyote on June 27, 2014 at 6:09 PM

The world is burning, the economy in the toilet and yet the most incompetent most partisan most immature President ever is doing what he loves most..
. Attacking his opponents and making fun of them and get applauded by his stupid followers

mnjg on June 27, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 24s

canopfor on June 27, 2014 at 6:07 PM

I didn’t hear Obama rebut this in any way.

Chuck Schick on June 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Sally Kohn ✔ @sallykohn

I bet this Sally Kohn fellow is equally as outraged at the fact that Harry Reid has permanently stalled votes on numerous bills in the Senate that have been passed by the House.

Oh wait, that’s Dim obstructionism, so that’s perfectly legit, right Mr. Kohn?

AZCoyote on June 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM

That CANNOT be tolerated. That REQUIRES Revolution.

ConstantineXI on June 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Did you ever step back and say wow, I can’t believe we’re actually using the word revolution? Bizarre that we’ve gone that far.

crankyoldlady on June 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 17h

Pres Obama ends Town Meeting decrying House Republicans “whose only rationale seems to be opposing me.”

canopfor on June 27, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I didn’t hear Obama rebut this in any way.

Chuck Schick on June 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM

He can’t.

Facts are facts.

AZCoyote on June 27, 2014 at 6:14 PM

He’s not trying to do his job, he’s trying to do their job.
rplat on June 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM

CW on June 27, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Sally Kohn ✔ @sallykohn

If that is leading then anyone can lead though most normal people would call it bullying.

CW on June 27, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Is it possible nearly all liberals are ignorant of what is in the constitution? It is sure looking that way.

sadatoni on June 27, 2014 at 6:20 PM

canopfor on June 27, 2014 at 6:07 PM

I didn’t hear Obama rebut this in any way.

Chuck Schick on June 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Chuck Schick: Come to think of it, your right!:)

canopfor on June 27, 2014 at 6:27 PM

I believe it’s Article II, Section 5…

Actually, it’s in Article II, Section 11. “Crap you thought was in the Constitution thingy”

ArtII, S11 is analogous to the Book of Hezekiah in the Bible. Hez 1.1: Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
Hez 1.2: God helps those who help themselves.

mbecker908 on June 27, 2014 at 6:27 PM

He is refusing to enforce U.S. law. The laws he does choose to enforce, he enforces only against his political enemies. He is derelict and arbitrary in his duties. If a lawsuit is the first step to reining him in, I’m all for it. Let the Leftist smarmists laugh and belittle the effort. Bill Clinton and his followers did the same. The Right needs to learn how to hammer away all the time on all sides and drill through the weak spots. The Left has been doing it for years – and they are winning.

ROCnPhilly on June 27, 2014 at 6:29 PM

“The President’s plan builds a smart, effective immigration system that continues efforts to secure our borders and cracks down on employers who hire undocumented immigrants. It’s a plan that requires anyone who’s undocumented to get right with the law by paying their taxes and a penalty, learning English, and undergoing background checks before they can be eligible to earn citizenship. It requires every business and every worker to play by the same set of rules.”

Riiiiight.

scalleywag on June 27, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Frank Thorp V @frankthorpNBC · 9h

Boehner Spox: Obama calling lawsuit a “stunt” “only reinforces (Amer people’s) frustration” w/ Obama’s “failure to follow the Constitution”

canopfor on June 27, 2014 at 6:33 PM

crankyoldlady on June 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I prefer “restoration“.

ROCnPhilly on June 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Filthy greasy liar tells filthy greasy lies.

Film at 11…

JohnGalt23 on June 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM

sadatoni on June 27, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I’m 71 and the only reason I know anything about the constitution is because I had a good teacher in college. They don’t teach it in school.

crankyoldlady on June 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM