Attorneys: Sudan arrests Meriam Yehia Ibrahim, family at airport

posted at 9:21 am on June 24, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday’s good news has turned into perhaps even worse news than before. A day after Sudan buckled under international pressure and released Meriam Yehia Ibrahim from prison and a death sentence for apostasy, security forces arrested the entire family at the airport as they attempted to leave the country:

A Sudanese woman whose death sentence for refusing to renounce her Christian faith was revoked has been rearrested, her legal team told CNN Tuesday.

Meriam Ibrahim, 27, and her husband, Daniel Wani, were arrested Tuesday at an airport in Sudan’s capital as they were trying to leave the African country, Ibrahim’s legal team said.

The Daily Mail reports that forty agents took the family of four into custody:

The couple were detained by around 40 security agents with their two children, Maya, one month, and Martin, 21 months.

Meriam’s lawyer, Shareif Ali Shareif, told MailOnline: ‘Meriam Ibrahim and Daniel Wani were arrested at the airport two hours ago [about 1230GMT).

‘They are now in the detention of the National Security forces.

‘The family were trying to leave Sudan for a safe place.

‘The children were with them. The children are with Meriam. They were arrested as well.

‘We don’t have any information about what charges they face. But the National Security force does not have to take them to court. This is not a criminal matter, it a national security matter.’

That cuts both ways, though. In the prior case, the Sudanese government claimed to have no authority to intervene in judicial proceedings (the same would be true here). This is no judicial proceeding, but an act of the government. Diplomacy in this case directly bears on the detention of Ibrahim and her family.

Furthermore, the detention now involves an American citizen, Daniel Wani, as well as the citizenship of his two children. The State Department has to take action with the Sudanese government in this situation, especially given the affront of arresting Wani in the first place after all of the discussion between the US and Sudan over his wife.

The global outcry over Ibrahim’s death sentence for her faith helped to set her free. Let’s hope a similar outcry over this arrest as she prepared to leave Sudan to practice her faith freely does the same, and let’s also hope that State is burning up the phone lines demanding an end to Sudan’s persecution of Ibrahim, her family, and all Christians in the country.

Update: Reuters confirms the arrest with a Sudanese official, although they still won’t say why:

Sudanese authorities re-arrested a Sudanese woman on Tuesday hours after she was freed from death row, and detained her and her family as they tried to board a plane in Khartoum, a security source and her lawyer said. …

The security official said he did know the reason for the re-arrest. One of Ibrahim’s lawyers said she was being held at a security building outside the airport with her husband and two children.

The State Department needs to get the family on a diplomatic transport as soon as possible.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

And my being angry and upset on a regular basis is none of your damned business.
bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Not at all making it mine.
That’s between you and your family and your physician.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM

listens2glenn on June 24, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Dude, it’s parody. Relax.

Akzed on June 24, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Shhhhhhh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I want him to really attempt that “Dearborn, MI” thing.

listens2glenn on June 24, 2014 at 11:13 AM

She’s married to a US citizen. She’s not a US citizen. Where are my facts wrong? You folks sound like the left on immigration. Don’t we have enough problems to worry about? Apparently not.

NoStoppingUs on June 24, 2014 at 11:00 AM

The entire family has been arrested, Sparky. You cool with that?

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I do understand why they had her detained. Sudan can’t, in good conscience, allow her to leave the country until their population gets in at least a few good days of trying to murder and possibly rape her for apostasy. That would just be unbefitting of a good Islamic country!

mintycrys on June 24, 2014 at 11:14 AM

We should have laws that force me into what YOU say is appropriate.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 11:00 AM

So, in spite of your stories about having children, I’m guessing you are really just a sulky adolescent?

Yes, most decent adults would feel its inappropriate to belly-ache about your personal discomfort concerning how much make-up this Sudanese couple were wearing during their wedding photo, particularly when discussing the 2 babies, pregnant wife and US citizen husband being arrested at the point of escape from her death sentence.

Since you feel free to mock and complain about THEIR behavior in a public forum, I’m sure you don’t mind being schooled on your own.

Dolce Far Niente on June 24, 2014 at 11:15 AM

NoStoppingUs on June 24, 2014 at 11:00 AM

They’ve taken the whole family into custody.
Maybe take a break from here and go read about what’s going on.
Or don’t.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Not at all making it mine.
That’s between you and your family and your physician.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Then why did you bother to bring it up, Sonny? I may be angry and upset at times, but at least I am not morally and spiritually bankrupt. I get over my anger occasionally. Your issues define you. And you are a vile cretin as a result.

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Not at all making it mine.
That’s between you and your family and your physician.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Is it okay if we make your condescension “on a regular basis” our business?

listens2glenn on June 24, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Dolce Far Niente on June 24, 2014 at 11:15 AM

I do not mind you commenting on my comments at all.

Then again, you are in good company. I notice you have nothing to say about the guy who uses douche bag and goes on to recommend committing suicide.

I dunno, which do you think is more offensive?

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 11:18 AM

listens2glenn on June 24, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I’m insulted you wouldn’t know a real progressive.
Hint:
We don’t believe the stupid sh*t Frank Lib spouts.
(He’s on your side…he’s just pretending.)

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Were you around when OBL was found and killed?

Or more recently, when Bergdahl was released…or when Khatallah was apprehended in Libya?

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM

All these things are exactly the same? Seriously, you should be able to muster a better argument with some actual facts.

But never mind- facts would impede the narrative of “they only hate Obama cus he BLACK”.

Dolce Far Niente on June 24, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Is it okay if we make your condescension “on a regular basis” our business?

listens2glenn on June 24, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I think if you were making a fairer assessment you’d acknowledge it isn’t at all on a regular basis.
Forgive me for slipping here, but this guy is all ad-hom…nasty stuff. Wished for me to ‘get AIDS’ at one point.
Now I’m fine with someone saying whatever they want – and I find that silliness entertaining.
But might a gentle little tweak back be understood and forgiven?

Any summer plans?

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I do not mind you commenting on my comments at all.
astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Uh huh.

Says the commenter who is thrown into a tizzy by the make-up in a photograph.

Maybe it even included Photoshopping… oh the humanity!

Dolce Far Niente on June 24, 2014 at 11:27 AM

The baby is an American citizen also. The wife and the little boy are eligible for refugee status in this country. The entire family should receive help from the useless guy in the WhiteHouse.

Blake on June 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Were you around when OBL was found and killed?

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Dolce Far Niente on June 24, 2014 at 11:23 AM

These things are not the same, but you should be able to muster a better argument back.
(But at least you didn’t lead with calling me a ‘sorry excuse for a human being’ this time.)
What they all share is that they were welcome news to many on the right for all of about 5 seconds.
So it’s not outrageous for me to suggest that any action in this case might meet a similar fate.

How about this:
We agree that the admin should act here?

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Wished for me to ‘get AIDS’ at one point.
But might a gentle little tweak back be understood and forgiven?

Any summer plans?

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:23 AM

You failed to mention that I offered a very sincere apology to you for my outburst. You, as you normally do, provoked me to the point of going off. As I recall, I was sitting in my home without benefit of an air conditioner in 100 degree + heat.

Your offense that day was no ‘gentle tweak’ either. It rarely is. You come here to agitate and then whine when someone takes you to the woodshed for it. You claim to be ‘progressive’. Can you tell me what is progressive about the destruction of the American Family and the unlimited slaughter of the unborn? What is progressive about cheering on the destruction of the most noble, most exceptional nation in the history of the world?

You are a sad excuse for a human being, Loser.

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM

verbie is acting foolish, again. What a shocker!

Schadenfreude on June 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM

You are a sad excuse for a human being, Loser.

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Tip – wish them eternal itching from scabies or Guinea worms.

Schadenfreude on June 24, 2014 at 11:35 AM

NoStoppingUs on June 24, 2014 at 11:00 AM

The fact of the matter is not only is her husband a legal US citizen, she was also attempting to get US citizenship for herself legally, a very different situation than what is going on with the southern border. You deliberately framed the argument to make it sound like this was just some random person some crazy righties got excited about for no good reason.

It’s pretty telling you want to abandon her to the tender mercies of the Sundanese government, though. I’d been giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were simply ignorant as opposed to malicious. Don’t you left wingers base your entire argument for amnesty around the idea that we should be “compassionate” towards South American illegal aliens who want to come here and get on welfare?

Doomberg on June 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Were you around when OBL was found and killed?

Right.

My comment is not directed at everyone…but it’s 100% fair and accurate.
I am certainly glad to know that you personally would be delighted, supportive, and congratulatory.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM

LOL, good grief..you’re stupid. Seriously douchenozzle…weapons grade stupid. If you can’t tell the difference between those situations and this…then..well..you’re stupid.

He’s a wager for you….if obama sends Kerry to pick up the couple and their kids..I’ll never post at HotAir again. If he doesn’t..you’ll never post at HotAit again.

Deal?

HumpBot Salvation on June 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM

they should have gone straight to the US EMBASSY and demanded asylum and US passports to leave the country. We should give them DIPLOMATIC passports to get them out. Then deal with that later

Dostacos on June 24, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I do not mind you commenting on my comments at all.
astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Uh huh.

Says the commenter who is thrown into a tizzy by the make-up in a photograph.

Maybe it even included Photoshopping… oh the humanity!

Dolce Far Niente on June 24, 2014 at 11:27 AM

You seem to be slightly beyond a tizzy about my comments.

Lets see how your mind works.

I say that I do not mind you commenting on my comments.

As evidence to counter that statement you use the fact that I find a picture appalling.

Yeah, that works… I am totally caring about your commenting on my comments because I find a picture appalling. Great detective work there shermlock hommie.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I’m insulted you wouldn’t know a real progressive.
Hint:
We don’t believe the stupid sh*t Frank Lib spouts.
(He’s on your side…he’s just pretending.)

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Actually we can go over to HuffyPuffy, MediaMatters, ThinkProgress, DemocracyNow or any number of “progressive” websites and see the same nonsense spewed verbatim…and the True Believers cheering it on.

HumpBot Salvation on June 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Were you around when OBL was found and killed?

By intelligence from GWB and by the SEALs, not by obama’s dirty hands, you fool. He had most of the SEALs killed shortly after.

Or more recently, when Bergdahl was released…

One deserter/defector for 5 top terrorists…you can call that success all you want, you dove-brain.

or when Khatallah was apprehended in Libya?

Right.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM

After 2 1/2 years…meh, idiot.

Schadenfreude on June 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM

But hey, I will get right on to saving their lives. What should I write down here at HotAir.com to accomplish that?

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Clearly, you need to come up with a hashtag.

Reuben Hick on June 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM

There has to be a nice carrot that will entice Secretariat to take action.

ezspirit on June 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Ugh! If you mean our unillustrious SOS, please don’t insult the noble and victorious horse by comparing him to the south end of a north bound jackass….

ScottG on June 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Ah, the religion of pieces.

sadatoni on June 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I am not sure why Kerry and Obama are dragging their feet on getting this family out of the Sudan. They don’t seem to care about the Marine in Mexico either. Obama had visited the president of Mexico the other day and the issue was not pressed. I am not sure that Obama is aware of the Marine’s case. These actions by this administration does fill us full of anger. and its called righteous anger. I am for getting all the Christians out of the Middle East ,,, they are going to face massive persecution and death as they already receiving it now. There isn’t that many left there to get.

garydt on June 24, 2014 at 11:43 AM

We have dire problems at home! Perhaps Mr. Perpetual Snit canhelp those with appropraie photos?

katy the mean old lady on June 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM

You are a sad excuse for a human being, Loser.

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM

And I accepted your apology – and didn’t feel one was particularly needed. When others were suggesting your comment called for banning, I argued against that. Indeed I tweaked you and accept that it was a factor in your ‘outbust’.
I make arguments and I do my best not to agitate accept by that.
You won’t find me saying ‘GFY’, calling you a ‘loser’ or a ‘sad excuse for a human being’.
My assumption is that you are a fine and decent person.
Maybe a little surly, but…
I can take it and not take offense.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Schadenfreude on June 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Thanks for supporting my point.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I’ll use small words.

You are deeply bothered about someone’s wedding picture (someone in actual danger of death, incidentally),

you are incensed by being told you struggle with inappropriate discourse,

you conflate being told said comments being inappropriate with being forced by law to curb your speech

but you claim you don’t mind anyone commenting on your comments.

Okay. Sure.

Dolce Far Niente on June 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Dolce Far Niente on June 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Have you done anything to help these poor people out yet? Called any of your federal representatives? Did you give up coffee or something else to be in solidarity with them? Just exactly how much do you care about their plight?

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM

So, by accepting an apology, you find it advantageous to use the original insult as fodder for justifying your own bad behavior?? Yep. that’s the liberal way, all right.

And anyone who advocates for the slaughter of 53 million and counting babies in the womb is a ‘loser’ AND a ‘sad excuse for a human being’. What else would you call such an individual?

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM

barbaric? Then again, even barbarians usually let the women and children live… So I guess that would be an insult to barbarians.
I think ‘loser’ seems too mild and kind personally.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:05 PM

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Ok…fair enough.
I won’t mention that comment again.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Outside of the eyes, there is no human in that photo. Looking at the level of make-up, it is possible they are even wearing contacts that change the looks of their eyes. That is what is offensive. It is so totally unnatural as to be painful to the eye. Maybe it has some serious Photoshopping going too.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Assholevery,

Give it up idiot!

If this column had anything to do with wedding planning or fashion tips, your original post may have been appropriate. Instead, you chose to make a totally asinine comment about your personal opinion of the wedding photo.

Instead of just accepting the negative feedback your shallow and stupid post has garnered, reflecting that it may have not been in good taste, you insist on defending your idiocy.

That just proves what a worthless moron you are.

ZeusGoose on June 24, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Ok…fair enough.
I won’t mention that comment again.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Thank you.

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I was going to ask if you forgot a sarc tag, but looking downthread, I’m guessing no.

kozanne on June 24, 2014 at 12:13 PM

What? Nobody is quoting that abrogated line in the Koran about “There is no compulsion in Islam”?

I was afraid that this wouldn’t work out. The core strength of Islam is to never allow anyone out, even if they say they were never in. Mercy in Islam is giving the transgressor a chance to recant.

For them to say that it’s okay to leave Islam — even once — would create the worst precedent possible. Freedom to leave Islam means the religion’s death.

Aardvark on June 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Ok…fair enough.
I won’t mention that comment again.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Ding, ding, ding…ray of light.

Schadenfreude on June 24, 2014 at 12:18 PM

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:05 PM

What time does your flight to the Sudan leave?

katy the mean old lady on June 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Thanks for supporting my point.

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Darkness, again

Schadenfreude on June 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM

What time does your flight to the Sudan leave?

katy the mean old lady on June 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Well he made it to the airport but the lady at the counter was wearing too much makeup so he had to go home and get stoned.

HumpBot Salvation on June 24, 2014 at 12:21 PM

kozanne on June 24, 2014 at 12:13 PM

It is interesting to see how people who care so deeply about this couple are willing to spend vast amounts of their time disparaging my unremarkable remark rather than getting on the phone and calling their representatives to tell them to pressure Obama and the Executive Branch into acting.

I have yet to see a single one say they have done so. But they have tons of time to argue about how these people’s being at risk of life is paramount to themselves.

The same people who moan about political correctness as being something horrible have absolutely no idea that they themselves on this very thread are engaging in political correctness.

OMG, blacks were slaves hundreds of years ago, so you cannot say anything bad about them or you are a racist! (these people would say that is a terrible argument) OMG, this couple could be killed by Islamist scumbags, thus they are above any negative comments. Same political correctness.

Funny how a small comment can bring out the UGLY inside so many people.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:24 PM

What time does your flight to the Sudan leave?

katy the mean old lady on June 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM

You are the one with so much on the line here. When does yours leave?

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Funny how a small comment can bring out the UGLY inside so many people.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:24 PM

You’re a creep and got called out. Deal with it.

katy the mean old lady on June 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM

You’re a creep and got called out. Deal with it.

katy the mean old lady on June 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM

What is creepy about commenting on a bad picture?

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Funny how a small comment can bring out the UGLY inside so many people.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:24 PM

LOL, is your irony meter broken as well?

Keep digging. I didn’t think you could get any lower or any dumber…but I underestimated you.

Really, the only thing you needed to say was..”my comment was shallow and in poor taste in light of the circumstances this woman faces.”

Maybe some reflection on why you would bother to even make that comment in the first place might be appropriate.

HumpBot Salvation on June 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Obama will do nothing.

They’re Christians.

kingsjester on June 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Obama will do nothing.

They’re Christians.

kingsjester on June 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Took a while, but I think we got a thread winner!!!

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM

HumpBot Salvation on June 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM

It was shallow, duh, I have to actually say that when commenting on the looks of others? In poor taste? Political correctness runs deep in you. Bad circumstances does not make a person immune to criticism.

If it did, you would have to treat me with kid gloves and take back all the bad things you said about me. You might even have to defend me against the attacks of others.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM

The religion of peace… and if you disagree they’ll saw your heads off.

viking01 on June 24, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Its been reported that the Marine in the Mexican jail is a Christian as well. This is probably why obama is doing nothing to get him released.

garydt on June 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM

How about this:
We agree that the admin should act here?

verbaluce on June 24, 2014 at 11:29 A

Yes we can. At least I can agree with you on this matter…

ToddPA on June 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Shouldn’t these people been on a diplomatic transport before they tried to get out of the Country at the Khartoum airport? I mean really, how stupid is our State Department? Ok, never mind.

jaimo on June 24, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I’ve left a message on Steve Pearce’s web site advocating for them and the Marine in Mexico. Pearce will be on KKOB sometime in the next week and I’ll call and get him on record regarding both. Trying to do anything with my other Representatives and Senators would be a waste of time.

Rancher on June 24, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Rancher on June 24, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I’m impressed. Hope your call goes through!

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM

To those here who were against her release got their wish!! The Sudan gov’t has just rearrested her at the airport. She was in the process of leaving the country when they got her. I bet everything I have Obama won’t say a damn thing or do anything. I read about this over on the Blaze.

garydt on June 24, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Funny how a small comment can bring out the UGLY inside so many people.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:24 PM

And there you have it folks!

Just as I initially suspected, this jackass is TRUE racist. Not the phony kind the LSM makes up.

I think ‘assnbrainveriineary’ has a problem with is the bride looking so attractive (while being black) in that photo. After all his mother wasn’t wearing any makeup when they had their Oedipal wedding photo taken (even though she bears a striking resemblance to the Crypt Keeper).

Funny how such a small UGLY comment can finally show the small UGLY commenter what a small UGLY person he is.

But, he insists on digging his UGLY hole ever deeper!

ZeusGoose on June 24, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Secretary of State Lurch was busy dodging bullets taxes and could not be reached for comment.

viking01 on June 24, 2014 at 12:59 PM

“with is the bride” should have been “with this bride”

ZeusGoose on June 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Sorry about my last post, I thought this was from yesterday. Should have read the story.

garydt on June 24, 2014 at 1:03 PM

It’s clear that the Sudanese government had no intention of releasing her in the first place. The initial release was a head fake. They knew they could make a scene at the airport and haul her back to prison on some trumped up “national security” ruse, thus removing her case from civil court and all but guaranteeing they’d get their pound of flesh in the end.

CurtZHP on June 24, 2014 at 1:04 PM

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I have contacted my representative, Randy Neugebauer, and he is well aware of my feelings regarding this as well as the marine being held prisoner in Mexico. Ted Cruz is already at the forefront and Cornyn is aware as well.

The fact remains that King Barack The Do Eater I will not act unless and until he deems it politically expedient for him to do so..and not a moment sooner..

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM

islam will not rest until only one muslim is left alive. (because muslims resort to murdering muslims when there are no Christians or Jews to murder).

ConstantineXI on June 24, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Correction: there will be two left. One man, and one 6-9 yr old girl for him to marry.

Nutstuyu on June 24, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Obama will do nothing.

They’re Christians.

kingsjester on June 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Took a while, but I think we got a thread winner!!!

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Too bad they’re not Presbyterians since that “church” has now embraced teh ghey.

Nutstuyu on June 24, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Obama will do nothing.

They’re Christians.

kingsjester on June 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I think you’re correct.

dogsoldier on June 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM

And there you have it folks!

But, he insists on digging his UGLY hole ever deeper!

ZeusGoose on June 24, 2014 at 12:58 PM

LOL. where is the racism? You are the PC police.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM

And there you have it folks!

But, he insists on digging his UGLY hole ever deeper!

ZeusGoose on June 24, 2014 at 12:58 PM

LOL. where is the racism? You are the PC police.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I really don’t see any racism here either, to be honest. I don’t think the use of excessive make-up or the critique of the photo has anything to do with race. But that’s just me. And I’m a known racist, myself..

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 1:41 PM

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Maybe you’ll tell us all what you’ve done about this situation?

kozanne on June 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Also she’s wearing a WHITE DRESS in that photo, with children ALREADY how gauche…..& don’t get me started on that suit….

JFKY on June 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I mean this IS where we comment on the styles of the victims, right? Astonerii told me that was what this thread was about.

JFKY on June 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM

“It is interesting to see how people who care so deeply about this couple are willing to spend vast amounts of their time disparaging my unremarkable remark…”

Really didn’t take that long. I’m on hold with my congresscritters offices a lot longer.

kozanne on June 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Maybe you’ll tell us all what you’ve done about this situation?

kozanne on June 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I have done absolutely nothing at all about their situation. While I care more now that they ensnared the husband and kids, I am not about to spend 10 minutes of my life for every victim of islamist hatred. once I hear what they are going to do with the husband and his children, I will have more to think on. Thus far they have not shown a tendency to execute first things. They may actually have broken different laws, so I will wait to see what the reason is.

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM

The U.S. should just arm the heck the Southern Sudanese Christians and Animist Africans (and the Ethiopians for that matter in relation to Somalia) and give them the green light to conquer the entire country and do with the Muslims there what they will.

We probably get the Japanese to help finance the effort considering the Chinese are the ones trying to get the oil there and are tight with the Sudanese government. The Japanese can pretend they are fighting a proxy war with China…which I am sure would appeal to them.

Instead what is our “super hawks” worried about…Iraq! Should we side with the Shia or the Sunnis…and can we make them love each other. Here is a hint to Bush Republicans…how about help the non-Muslims for once gain their freedom and nations that Islam has stole from them.

William Eaton on June 24, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Beeb is reporting they’ve been release again

For the love of G-d, let’s get these people out of Sudan and back into the US!!!

Shay on June 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Shay on June 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Paperwork.
YEAH!

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Beeb is reporting they’ve been release again

Shay on June 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Meriam and family, RUN LIKE HELL!!

Do not look back.

CurtZHP on June 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I tried twice to update this and neither comment has appeared – maybe the moderators don’t like my links, I don’t know. If two comments show up with almost the same content later, forgive me…

Shay on June 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM

CNN is saying something different than BBC, that they’ve been detained, not arrested, but nothing about releasing them. I can’t figure out what really is going on.

Shay on June 24, 2014 at 5:36 PM

bimmcorp on June 24, 2014 at 1:41 PM

You would have to go back to his post that I was commenting about. He definitely did bring race into the discussion.

I too am a known ‘racist’ when it comes to the Obamas, Valerie Jarret, Van Jones, et. al.

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

Where ‘assaholii’ went wrong was commenting on his dislike of the photo, instead of the serious matter at hand.

Then, after multiple lame attempts at defending his indefensible post, the idiot still insists on trying to prove that he has one brain cell left after the last time he picked his nose.

ZeusGoose on June 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Do you realize how stupid you really sound?

You probably didn’t even take 10 minutes to become potty-trained, let alone learning the intricacies of wiping your own a$$, after dropping a load.

You are such a worthless idiot, that I’m just waiting to see what laws of nature were broken that allowed such a dipshit like you to be created.

ZeusGoose on June 24, 2014 at 6:15 PM

astonerii on June 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Well, in light of that, your remarks to everyone else are quite….hypocritical.

kozanne on June 24, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Shay on June 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Judging by your next comment I’d say it’s because you posted a CNN link and they are not permitted here. Not a reliable source or something like that.

slickwillie2001 on June 24, 2014 at 6:21 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 24, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Thanks for letting me know! (I think they mostly ALL suck and are unreliable except for covering zero’s azz).

I’ll see if I can link Breitbart – I agree with Ted Cruz here.

Some news sources are saying they were ‘detained’ rather than arrested and there is some disagreement about whether they have been re-released. I found one source that says they were and have left Sudan, and another that says they’re not allowed to leave Sudan. This has been a day for prayer.

Shay on June 24, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Abso-freaking-lutely! And that “diplomatic transport” should have an escort of Naval fighter aircraft, from a Carrier Battle Group just off-shore. Don’t hash-tag them. Offer to make hash out of them. And be willing to do it… aye, there’s the rub.

Nutstuyu on June 24, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Well, Christians are supposed to embrace the sinner, just not the sin.
But to your point, the news has it wrong. (Surprise!) Our General Assembly has voted to allow Presbyterian congregations to allow gay marriages. There is absolutely no requirement to perform them, if the minister or that congregation’s Session object. Nor are they required to make the venue available, if they don’t agree. And the whole thing has to be agreed to by a majority of the various Presbyteries before it becomes valid.
So it’s not as far gone as you think.

ReggieA on June 24, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Well, in light of that, your remarks to everyone else are quite….hypocritical.

kozanne on June 24, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Not at all. I am holding them to their own personal standards. I never claimed to give enough care about them that I would waste my time calling my representatives to get them freed. Then again, nothing said they were going to be executed and I stated that I will await more information before I make a decision on how much effort is needed.

Nothing at all hypocritical about that.

astonerii on June 25, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Screw them. GET OUR MARINE OUT OF mexico FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skullf15 on June 25, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Might be time for a hostage trade. I’d offer Obama and his entire cabinet for the lady and her family. Ok, if they hold out for more I’d toss in Harry Reid.

abester on June 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM