Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on June 24, 2014 by Allahpundit

Embattled IRS Commissioner John Koskinen weathered another round of heated questioning at a Monday night hearing where lawmakers challenged his credibility over the discovery that years’ worth of emails from ex-IRS official Lois Lerner have gone missing.

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who has subpoenaed a former IRS lawyer to testify at another hearing on the emails Tuesday morning, publicly tangled with Koskinen on Monday night. In one fiery exchange, Issa told him: “We have a problem with you and you have a problem with credibility.”

***

Two years after activists for same-sex marriage obtained the confidential tax return and donor list of a national group opposed to redefining marriage, the Internal Revenue Service has admitted wrongdoing and agreed to settle the resulting lawsuit.

The Daily Signal has learned that, under a consent judgment today, the IRS agreed to pay $50,000 in damages to the National Organization for Marriage as a result of the unlawful release of the confidential information to a gay rights group, the Human Rights Campaign, that is NOM’s chief political rival…

Unauthorized disclosure of confidential tax information is a felony offense that can result in five years in prison, but the Department of Justice did not bring criminal charges.

***

The thing about dogs eating homework is, it could actually happen. This can’t.

This is “The dog ate my hard drive, broke into another building, ate the backup of the hard drive, then broke into six other top officials’ offices and ate their hard drives also.”…

And here we come to a third major difference between the IRS’ apparent gross abuse of power and criminal coverup and Watergate: Watergate was a much bigger deal simply because the press was relentless about following up on every detail.

Today the media’s reasoning is roughly as follows: The IRS went after some conservative groups and is engaged in an illegal coverup. We also don’t like these groups, also believe they deserve special scrutiny, and also think there’s something inherently shady about conservatives (but not liberals) who try to buy political influence. If White House staff says they weren’t involved, we’ll take their word for it. Pardon us if we’d rather cover something more relevant to American lives today. Like the 82-year-old name of the football team that plays in DC.

***

It’s not Commissioner Koskinen who lost the emails, he’s just on the wrong side of a bad policy that doesn’t require the IRS to be as records-conscious as the citizens it polices. But in the traditional IRS power relationship, it’s usually the subjects of its audits who feel the unfocused and overly harsh attention of a system that assumes they are guilty.

One of the big complaints I hear from voters, particularly conservative voters, is that the government exempts itself from the burdens it puts on everyday people. So members of Congress are treated differently under the Affordable Care Act than regular citizens, President Obama can decide which laws he wants to follow and which ones he doesn’t, and the IRS doesn’t have to be as circumspect as the rest of us. Sometimes there are good explanations, like the congressional “exemption” from the ACA, but since the IRS is stingy with its benefit-of-the-doubt powers, it has a high bar with the public.

Democrats mocked the elaborate displays of outrage at the hearing—always a safe thing to do—but you don’t have to share Ryan’s view that the IRS is engaged in a cover-up of a scheme to target conservatives to recognize a more universal element to Ryan’s anger. The IRS expects all of us to maintain rigid compliance, spelunk-on-demand for every receipt, and is highly skeptical of what might be garden-variety mistakes until we prove otherwise. So if the congressional system of inquiry feels a little itchy, tight, and irrational, perhaps this will be a learning opportunity or a good topic for the next pricey conference.

***

Why does this matter deserve heightened scrutiny from the rest of us? Because crimes against democracy are particularly insidious. Representative government involves a type of trade. As citizens, we cede power to public officials for important purposes that require centralized power: defending the country, imposing order, collecting taxes to promote the common good. In exchange, we expect public institutions to be evenhanded and disinterested. When the stewards of power — biased judges or corrupt policemen or politically motivated IRS officials — act unfairly, it undermines trust in the whole system.

Trust in the federal government has declined dramatically since the 1960s. Some Americans now are predisposed to believe that their government — the product of their own choices, channeled by durable, admirable institutions — can’t be trusted with the collection of metadata or with the use of drones (which might be employed by the president, according to Sen. Rand Paul, to kill citizens at cafes).

I’ve often criticized such attitudes as conspiratorial and destructive. A democracy needs respected, capable public institutions. No traditional conservative, in this sense, can be anti-government. We need government to do its job, to play its role and to justify the power and resources we properly cede to it. “Respect for its authority,” said George Washington, “compliance with its laws, acquiescence in its measures, are duties enjoined by the fundamental maxims of true liberty.”

But the IRS has managed to feed anti-government sentiments by inhabiting anti-government stereotypes. It has undermined respect for authority. And it doesn’t seem even to understand the damage it has done.

***

***

***

***

Via RCP.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Hey QOTD commenters who are always quick to call anyone a troll, let me introduce you to a true one

Say hi to Williamg. I think he is really trolling all of you or he has gone and lost his damn mind. Lol

coolrepublica on June 25, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Your attempt to be relevant here is extraordinarily cute, and stupid, as you sing for us

The Briefs – C’mon Squash Me Like a Bug

non-nonpartisan on June 25, 2014 at 1:23 AM

oscarwilde on June 25, 2014 at 1:17 AM

….you always did make sense…..and you’re a good player, too……

….I used to play out a lot…….but I’m old, now……..however:

I still have my Martin D-25K and a cache of Marine Band, Blues Harps and Lee Oskar’s…..

….I have a couple of Chromatic Harps, too……from when I was going through my “Toots Thielemans” phase……

….still play everyday….

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 1:24 AM

coolrepublica on June 25, 2014 at 1:22 AM

tiresome liberal

jaime on June 25, 2014 at 1:24 AM

oscarwilde on June 25, 2014 at 1:17 AM

What he said was black voting for Cochran is comparable to the OJ verdict and called for street violence. Yeah if I were you I would back away for him just about now. But you are free man, stand next to him as he burns up and feel the heat. Good luck!

coolrepublica on June 25, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Thats not what he said and you know it, but then we always knew you were nothing but a lying troll.

oscarwilde on June 25, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Not yet WG. Gotta get thru the Nov. elections first.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 1:20 AM

…….maybe we need to do some “cleaning” in preparation FOR the November elections…………

…….perhaps re-unite McCain with some of his cohorts that he was Cheering On in IsIs……..in an explicitly visual and symbolic way……

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Oh, I wonder why not.

This is the Dept of inJustice that set convicted voter-intimidating thugs free as soon as Obama took over from Bush.

And Holder’s been a thug ever since.

itsnotaboutme on June 25, 2014 at 1:28 AM

I already kicked that troll’s butt once……it’s boring to me, now…….

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 1:28 AM

…….Scrumpy and Newtie saw it……

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 1:28 AM

…….Scrumpy and Newtie saw it……

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Many people saw it, now it’s playing the “How do I get williamg banned” game.

oscarwilde on June 25, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Kcewa, greetings. I hope yur still here.
I was wondering (ut oh) if you remember the Greatful Dead song I told you that I liked, waaay back when I first started commenting? I saved it in my notes on the ipad….it’s gone. The video had nature scenes and it was a layed back, soothing kind of tune. Think you know what it is?

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 1:31 AM

The Briefs – C’mon Squash Me Like a Bug

non-nonpartisan on June 25, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Grand, we are and all, but do you ever make a comment that is not criticizing another commenter. I want to know what grand thinks. Not just how stupid grand thinks everybody else is. :-)

coolrepublica on June 25, 2014 at 1:32 AM

oscarwilde on June 25, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Oh it’s not? So it’s time for street violence means what exactly? It time for football!?

Look who is playing dumb. Lol

coolrepublica on June 25, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Many people saw it, now it’s playing the “How do I get williamg banned” game.

oscarwilde on June 25, 2014 at 1:30 AM

…..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! GAWD!! That is FUNNY!….Thanks, OW – and here, I thought Nothing would cheer me up tonight….

…..wrong!….

…..we have to get together and jam one fine day……I know it’s geographically improbable…

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 1:36 AM

coolrepublica on June 25, 2014 at 1:32 AM

bluegill cr, you lying idiot, your “interest” is noted, and placed immediately into the firepit, where it belongs.=)

non-nonpartisan on June 25, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Why does it feel like the OJ verdict moment?

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 12:45 AM

….because it is…….and it’s time for some Street Violence!

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Look who did not say it is time for street violence. What he really meant was it was time for hockey. @@

Start paying attention to the sh!t people you call friends say. It goes a long way.

coolrepublica on June 25, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Kcewa, greetings. I hope yur still here.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Grateful Dead song, you say? “Eyes Of The World“? …..shot in the dark….

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 1:38 AM

non-nonpartisan on June 25, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Ok grand, I will get back to the fire pit. But I will be looking forward to that independent comment as well. I believe in you.:-)

coolrepublica on June 25, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Grateful Dead song, you say? “Eyes Of The World“? …..shot in the dark….

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Nopers. Even more of a slower kind of tune. Thanks for trying WG.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Cindy Incidentally The Faces

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Great… Somebody threw a gigantic bag of poop in the fire-pit, now it smells like burning troll in here… I’m out…

oscarwilde on June 25, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Kcewa, greetings. I hope yur still here.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Brokedown palace

Three songs. One songwriter. One day in London.

Brokedown palace
Ripple
Lay Me Down

We should all have days…

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Quick Pop in,……Tuco has passed to the otherside:(

United States
20m
Prolific US actor Eli Wallach, best known for his roles in Sergio Leone westerns, dies aged 98 http://t.co/gwSbbCr26S – @BBCBreaking
=============================================================

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Theme • Ennio Morricone [HD]
***********************************************************

canopfor on June 25, 2014 at 1:57 AM

oscarwilde on June 25, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Don’t let your imagination run away with you. Her “interest” wasn’t a bag of poop, it was written out on a piece of flash paper that didn’t last very long in the fire pit, not long at all. =)

non-nonpartisan on June 25, 2014 at 2:02 AM

oscarwilde on June 25, 2014 at 1:53 AM

non-nonpartisan on June 25, 2014 at 2:02 AM

I see I made a mistake directing my comment at you this way, after having missed this post of cr’s

coolrepublica on June 25, 2014 at 1:39 AM

I apologize, oscar.

non-nonpartisan on June 25, 2014 at 2:06 AM

Bless you Kcewa! Brokendown Palace!
Must tell you. I was listening to the GD when daughter visited one weekend. She couldn’t believe it. Not her “ma”. No way.
I told her my buddy got me started. She started with the twenty questions. I said no more.
HA is my guilty pleasure. All mine!!!!

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 2:06 AM

canopfor on June 25, 2014 at 1:57 AM

That is sad. He was a great actor.

Captain Kirock on June 25, 2014 at 2:08 AM

HA is my guilty pleasure. All mine!!!!

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 2:06 AM

lol :)

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 2:10 AM

So the IRS was in on the way they got same sex marriage done too.

I think this may be the way the Democrats have used the IRS for a long time now.

I thought it was just rumors, but now I realize that real people have been targeted to get Democrats to win elections for a long time.

It isn’t imagination, it isn’t rumors.

The IRS is an arm of the Democrat party and they work to undermine the family and religion and everything good.

It really is time for the IRS to go.

petunia on June 25, 2014 at 2:13 AM

It really is time for the IRS to go.

petunia on June 25, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Too much power centralized in DC. Whether it’s the D’s or the R’s in power it will be abused.

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Three songs. One songwriter. One day in London.

Brokedown palace
Ripple
Lay Me Down

We should all have days…

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 1:55 AM

…..with the help of some retsina…….

.….Ripple is Timeless……..Brokedown Palace is a Masterwork…… “American Beauty” – one of the 5 or so Greatest Albums Ever Recorded……… An American Classic – When America was Still Creating At A Dizzying Pase…..

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Cindy Incidentally The Faces

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM

….I wish this band would quit screwing around and just get back on the Road before they all die…

….missing Ronnie Lane already….

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:36 AM

**POP**

Hello? Anybody home? :)

Scrumpy on June 25, 2014 at 2:43 AM

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 2:20 AM

….unfortunately, when it gets to this point – and you can tell when you see good people like McDaniels losing elections because of money and dirty tricks and power payoffs…..there’s only way to end it….

…..see “The End Of Mussolini” for the unfortunate references….

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM

….missing Ronnie Lane already….

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Next Year?

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 2:45 AM

.there’s only way to end it….

…..see “The End Of Mussolini” for the unfortunate references….

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM

It was the US Army that really ended it though.

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 2:46 AM

And the Brits.

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 2:46 AM

IRS needs to be defunded and scrapped.

As do all of the alphabet agencies.

We all need to think Americans First.

Everyone else needs to leave if illegal.

I am sooooo pissed off with the governance of this country.

Stay OUT of Iraq, it’s too late to try and save it.

CLOSE THE FCUKING BORDER!!

Global cooling/warming is a HOAX!

Buy guns and ammo, as much as possible.

God please Bless America…

**POP**

Scrumpy on June 25, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Hey Scrumpy!
There’s a few of us here. How you?

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 2:48 AM

…”American Beauty“……OR…..”American Reality“……..

…Depending on how you look at it – or how you see the Cover Lettering….

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Lot of drive bys tonight.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 2:49 AM

.there’s only way to end it….

…..see “The End Of Mussolini” for the unfortunate references….

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM

It was the US Army that really ended it though.

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 2:46 AM

….naah, that was later – and it was Hitler…..Mussolini had already been taken out by The Communists by then…..fortunately saner minds prevailed afterwards….for a while……..

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:51 AM

….no doubt The Americans wrapped-up the VE-Day, though….. and Thank GOD Eisenhower was Prescient enough to take those films in Dachau and Treblinka and Auschwitz……

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:53 AM

The only link I could find that included the whole “Ripple –>into–>Brokedown Palace” original segue and recording was the whole album…….maybe you can do better:

“…..let There Be Songs to Fill The Air!……”

“……Fare You Well, My Honey – Fare You Well, My Only True One……”

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:58 AM

goodevening middle of the night type peeps of HA..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Hi Rhythm – On The Loose 1976

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 3:06 AM

“….Lovers Come and Go, The River – Flow, Flow, Flow…..”

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Post Picture: PURE EEEE-VILLE!!

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 3:08 AM

“…..let There Be Songs to Fill The Air!……”

“……Fare You Well, My Honey – Fare You Well, My Only True One……”

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:58 AM

They didn’t do Ripple that often.

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Good evening G2M

kcewa on June 25, 2014 at 3:08 AM

“Mama, mama many worlds I’ve come since I first left home

Goin’ home, goin’ home
By the waterside I will lay my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul”

Favorite part of Bokendown Palace

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 3:09 AM

evening kc..

nice tunes as always..ty
hope your night is well..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Morning G2M,
I try to wrap my head around your and Dire’s race chat, but it tends to spin to fast.
Not giving up.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 3:16 AM

31giddyup

goodevening 31…

racing is easy..
paint numbers on em and throw the green flag…
wait…drink…wait…drink…wait
declare winner after either amount of time or miles traveled…
confetti and champagne…

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:20 AM

ps you could take the teardrop to Laguna Seca… and see a race..
Sears Point Sonoma cant be too far??..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:23 AM

G2M,
I like that champagne part…hehe.
The way you keep up with the races, where they are, drivers, kind of tracks,…sheesh…oh, and not to mention the cars themselves. All I ever did was fetch tools for my bother when he worked on his ’57 Chevy. Didn’t get into the racing mode.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 3:25 AM

ps you could take the teardrop to Laguna Seca… and see a race..
Sears Point Sonoma cant be too far??..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Got caught in traffic after the Point Sonoma races one year, does that count?

We use to go to the Renaissance Faire where the Sears Point is now.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 3:30 AM

31giddyup

they were racing in my family before I was born..
I always thought that’s what weekends were for..
are you a fan of bubbles?? .. American or French??..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:32 AM

31giddyup

you are the proud new owner of a teardrop..
you can arrive on Wednesday and depart Monday…
relax… drink some bubbles… watch some fast cars..
catch some rays.. drink some more bubbles…
thus avoiding the dreaded traffic..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:35 AM

I’m a novice when it comes to bubbles. Would like to learn more thought. Read some dialogue between you and Miss Jackie.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Miss Jackie.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 3:35 AM

laffs…I don’t believe they make many like ms J…
may she write a million dollar best seller so she
may be able to pay for her bad bubbles habit… da lush… (jk)
stylishly discerning tastes that one…

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:41 AM

you know 31 I bet you could teardrop and drink your way thru Napa/Sonoma…
have you looked for wine tasting/camping
couple good vacations to wine country
and you’ll know what you like… style…grape..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:44 AM

G2M
Will have to give it a go with the drop at one of the races.
Oh, thought this was funny.
One enterprising young man, we came across, used his galley of his drop to sell lattes/espressos in camp grounds for those Starbuck depraved city campers.
He did some brisk morning business. Got the pots/smell going before they woke up.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 3:44 AM

williamg on June 25, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Thanks for the link to a great album WG.. haven’t heard American Beauty in years.
you have good musical taste.

Bakokitty on June 25, 2014 at 3:48 AM

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:41 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2014 at 3:51 AM

31giddyup

they wake up fairly hung over at a race track…
I usually reach for a leveler.. but I don’t drink coffee..
maybe if you put a shot of booze in it…
that might hook a few customers..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:52 AM

In the rolling hills of the Sierras below Placerville, there are quite a few vineyards. Hubs and I favor one in particular, Charles Spinetta (sweet wines). We enjoy their wines but I’ve collected wildlife prints from their art gallery. There are other wineries there but haven’t explored them…yet. The area is fairly new, not as established as Napa/Sonoma Valleys.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 3:53 AM

evening DS…

how’s your world tonight??

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:55 AM

I think they are camping here…in napa..

Martha Walker Native Habitat Garden

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Charles Spinetta (sweet wines).

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 3:53 AM

sweet like desert ??.. 10% residual sugar?.. more??
I will look that one up…

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:00 AM

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:55 AM

All is well..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2014 at 4:04 AM

the Chenin Blanc has 7.5% booze and 20% residual sugar..
that is a sweetie…thin but sweet..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:07 AM

All is well..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2014 at 4:04 AM

what was your take on todays primaries??..
are you on the ‘world is doomed death watch’ like so many??

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:08 AM

the Tinta Madeira looks stout…
they don’t give a sugar number but the booze is 18%
and say its in the porto style..so I bet its sweet too..

grab one of each of his 375ml bottles 31 and get to tasting girl..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Yes, sweet and dry wines. They also do custom framing there of the prints you buy or your own art items. I did counted cross-stitch items over the years. Large ones and finally had them framed. They did a terrific job. I like quail and the gray wolf and had prints I bought there, framed too. Charles is a very nice man.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 4:14 AM

31giddyup on June 25

what a nice find 31…
quality art.. wines you like ..and a nice guy owns the place..
is it a day trip ?.. or do you and mr31 camp and make a weekend out of it??

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:19 AM

It’s a nice day trip, especially if we go along hwy 49 and stop in the “Gold” towns along the way. It’s also nice stop at Spinetta’s on the way to/from Lake Tahoe.
As far as today’s results go with the elections…really disappointed but will try to keep the faith. Won’t give up.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 4:26 AM

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:19 AM

What a lovely poem you wrote to 31giddyup. You must really adore her to be so inspired with passion.

Parmenides on June 25, 2014 at 4:28 AM

I’m not such a good poet. I’m a miscreant with few words.

I just say “Put on your britches and hop in the truck giddyup. We are going downtown tonight.”

Parmenides on June 25, 2014 at 4:31 AM

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 3:55 AM

All is well..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2014 at 4:04 AM

All is not well with the intercom button. (:

Parmenides on June 25, 2014 at 4:32 AM

I would be interested to know
how many tea party votes happened in the 2008 MS race..
today 184,000 people came out..
I bet that is 10 times what the 2008 count was..
so I was thinking it was a huge day…
was it a win…no..
things that are win or loose by a count aren’t always the way you want…
one of the reasons Cantor lost was ..it was a single district..
while Graham won state wide..
a district sees the light.. the state needs more work…
all it tells me is ..
we are winning…and it takes time..
we just don’t have the numbers yet…its coming..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Parmenides on June 25, 2014 at 4:28 AM

hey..I wrote you a poem the other night..
and you didn’t say a word….
the last time I spend day and night working a poem…

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:36 AM

I’m not such a good poet. I’m a miscreant with few words.

Parmenides on June 25, 2014 at 4:31 AM

BWAAAAAAHAHAHA!

That’s a true story G2M.

Oh lord, where’s the ladies room. Yes, I’m in my own house…. Parms got me flustered.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 4:37 AM

Parmenides on June 25, 2014 at 4:31 AM

you couldn’t even handle a piggyback ride with spurs on…!!
what kinda Greek are you anyways…
a real Greek piggyback giver would pay extra …for spurs…
you must be from the piker side of the family..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Parmenides on June 25, 2014 at 4:28 AM

OT: Parmenides, question… do you wear or have you ever worn a propeller? inquiring curious kitty would like to know, I have my suspicions but I’m not sure. I think I may have misplaced a fella who had a propeller, he always put a spark of joy on the QOTD. :)

Bakokitty on June 25, 2014 at 4:41 AM

Bakokitty on June 25, 2014 at 4:41 AM

Everyone seems to have new names…

OmahaConservative on June 25, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Okay, I’m back.
Oh, sweet Mary and Joseph,…
Hahahahahahahhaha!
G2M, it’s okay about the spurs. You should have seen Parms in the chaps. That’s all chaps…well, and his propeller cap.

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 4:46 AM

chaps and a propeller hat??….

eww
perhaps that works for some…
I shall have to acid scrub the memory chips
in my head to get that image out…

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:49 AM

evening OC…

care to share your take on today voting??

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:52 AM

OmahaConservative on June 25, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Thank you Omaha, so I was right. I’m getting things straight in my head, I been reading HA off and on since MM days but didn’t always keep up with names,
I never payed attention to who was a troll/sock either, but now I’m getting more into the flow of conversations. I do find certain trolls annoying and their interactions with others sometimes funny. But the malicious purposeful behavior to get someone banned is pathetic. Anyway I’m glad to see our new favorite Greek here. :))

Bakokitty on June 25, 2014 at 5:00 AM

evening OC…

care to share your take on today voting??

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 4:52 AM

Hey g2m. I’ll add a thought or 2, if you don’t mind. =)

This was a blessing in disguise-there is no more pretense at all about how the GOPe looks at tea partiers. This will not serve them well, and just like A&E and Cracker Barrel found out over Duck Dynasty, they’ll soon learn they need us more than we need them.

And I’ll remind everyone who said that Duck Dynasty would grovel and come out on the losing end that you were wrong then, just like you’re wrong now. We’re not your slaves. You don’t understand us.

non-nonpartisan on June 25, 2014 at 5:05 AM

evening non-non..

and 184,000 ppl in MS sent that message today…
with all the cross voting and walking around money..
means we are gaining..
184,000 to understand the concept of limited government is a win..
how many understood that 5 years ago??…10??
and a Cantor loss means we are taking it back one brick at a time..
would it be nice to win whole states…???.. yes..
we will…in time…
takes time to reeducate those who have been so lost for so long…
not everybody sees it as quickly as we did….ehh..
the tea-party should take up the platform of abolishing the IRS..
pick a plan…flat tax…fair tax… consumer tax…
add some body to the bones..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 5:15 AM

Okay, now I’m done with the hiccups (thanks guys) and can type.
Don’t let COL see what transpired above. Get out the big eraser and use it.
So today’s pluses was kcewa finding my song for me, G2M encouraging me about racing, and Parms letting me hitch a ride with my pants on, in his truck. Oh, OC was the wise owl keeping an eye on things.
Negatives: bad election results, trolls, and a weak bladder.
The pluses were worth going thru the negatives to get to them.
Hugs to all.

g’nite

31giddyup on June 25, 2014 at 5:22 AM

sleep well 31..and be safe…cheers..

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Good morning. So Cochran won. We can’t win them all and the movement is growing. The populace is not in the mood for anymore nonsense.

We probably had 2 inches of rain last night. I wish I had kept track. In the past we usually have an inch here and there. This year it’s a 2 or 3 inch episode. At least we won’t have to worry about the crops.

Sorry G2 and others. I’ve never been into cars zooming around a track but everybody has their own interests. How boring it would be if everyone were the same like the marxists wish.

crankyoldlady on June 25, 2014 at 5:33 AM

If they be “rogues” they be the most coordinated obedient rogues in history.

Don L on June 25, 2014 at 5:34 AM

C’mon people we aren’t even at 300 comments yet. You are taking food away from Ed and Allah.

celtic warrior on June 25, 2014 at 5:41 AM

morning COL..
must be time to punch out…
last point..
say you went to the Taxpayer March on Washington on September 12, 2009
not even 5 years ago..
and came home…planted a tree in the yard…
would you expect to be able to place a tree fort in it by now??
would you even think of a tree house in a tree so small??
you shouldn’t be angry you cant cut it down already and build a house..

being a LIV doesn’t take and effort at all..

a movement of ideas, like a tree, takes time to grow.. water your trees.. night

going2mars on June 25, 2014 at 5:46 AM