Great news from Chelsea Clinton: I tried to care about money, but I just can’t

posted at 3:21 pm on June 23, 2014 by Allahpundit

Old theory: Hillary’s going to run despite being a terrible, tone-deaf retail politician. New theory: With her family’s help, Hillary’s going to preemptively disqualify herself so that she doesn’t have to run.

If photos suddenly surface of Bill at a strip club “making it rain” with thousand-dollar bills, we’ll have our answer. Deliberate sabotage would be the only possible explanation for a photo like that, right?

“It is frustrating, because who wants to grow up and follow their parents?” admits Chelsea. “I’ve tried really hard to care about things that were very different from my parents. I was curious if I could care about [money] on some fundamental level, and I couldn’t. That wasn’t the metric of success I wanted in my life. I’ve talked about this to my friends who are doctors and whose parents are doctors, or who are lawyers and their parents are lawyers. It’s a funny thing to realise I feel called to this work both as a daughter and also as someone who believes I have contributions to make.”

I like the idea of someone who lives in a $10 million condo and who “earned” $26,000 per minute interviewing the Geico gecko for NBC quizzing her friends about why they’d want to follow their parents into high-paying professions. I assume she means it as a compliment, i.e. that she wanted their thoughtful advice on the pros and cons of doing what your parents did for a living. But the fact that she prefaces it with the money talk and emphasizes that she spoke to children of doctors and lawyers makes it sound like she thinks they’re doing it for the money, out of greed, instead of doing something more noble like charitable work while coasting off their inheritance. I’m already looking forward to hearing her reprise that argument when she inevitably announces she’s running for Congress. She could have gone into banking, you see, but she’d rather work for you. Even if that means never being “truly well off.”

Fair question from CSM in all this: After 20+ years of limelight, is the Clinton brand really susceptible to change anymore?

Will this hurt Clinton if she runs for president? That’s possible – Republicans are already trying to use it to tar her in the eyes of the electorate. Some on the right even hope that Clinton’s perceived 1 percent problem will drag down Democrats as a whole in the 2014 midterms.

“The phrase ‘limousine liberal’ will be poised for a big comeback this midterm season, and Democrats will have Hillary to thank for it,” writes Ed Morrissey Monday at “Hot Air.”

But we’d say that the vast majority of US voters already have their minds made up about Clinton’s personality, one way or another. She’s been in the public eye at the national level for, what, almost a quarter of a century? It’s both an electoral weakness and a strength that she represents a known political quantity.

It’s not a secret that the Clintons are rich. It’s also not a secret that Bill has a much easier time connecting with the middle class than Hillary does. It’s true that income inequality is far more of a lefty obsession today than it was when Hillary first ran in 2008, but Democrats have never had difficulty electing filthy-rich liberals to champion the working man and Hillary will do plenty of championing in the next two years. The reason her gaffes about money have caught on lately is because they give the left, which doesn’t trust her, a glimmer of hope that a true populist might emerge to challenge her, and they give the right a frisson of schadenfreude in seeing the presumptive Democratic nominee forced to dine on the same class-warfare slop that was fed to Romney in 2012. Whether any of this is shifting opinion among rank-and-file Democrats and the First! Woman! President! crowd, though, is a mystery. Romney was sufficiently unknown to most of the public when he won the nomination that Democrats could “define” him. Not sure the same is true at this point with Hillary. Anyone got a poll?

Actually, maybe we don’t need a poll. The fact that Bill’s now trying to change the subject by dealing with a different Clinton liability suggests that their team thinks these attacks are starting to bite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I see she inherited her mother’s common sense.

chris0christies0donut on June 23, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Fish don’t care about being under water neither.

Akzed on June 23, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Typical Democrat.

SC.Charlie on June 23, 2014 at 3:23 PM

LOL, these nitwits are killing me. *So* utterly self-unaware, good grief.

Midas on June 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Bad day for lefty trolls.

gwelf on June 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I think if I were given a $600K/Year job because of who my parents were I too could not care about money as it was just handed to me….

abnormal_1 on June 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Clinton gaffes are opening up the way for the pale faced rich lefty Lieawatha Warren.

gwelf on June 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Trust me, you stupid, spoiled, little girl, if you actually had to be productive and make it on your own, you would care a great deal.

rjh on June 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM

It’s easy to have that attitude when you have an unlimited supply of other peoples’ money….

dentarthurdent on June 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM

She tried to care about the names of her servants but also…just did not care.

NeoKong on June 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Well, to quote an appropriate fictional character from the movie “Platoon”:

King: Shit. You gotta be rich in the first place to think like that.

JoeHop on June 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Hey, when you look like this you don’t need no stinkin’ money nohow.

Oldnuke on June 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Talk about being out of touch.

22044 on June 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I don’t care about money because I don’t have to…..
Chelsea Clinton.

ouldbollix on June 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Take all she has away from and have her actually work at a Seattle Starbuck’s for $15/hr then ask her she how much she cares about money.

hawkeye54 on June 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I hope that she cares if those leather pants explode. She could put a few eyes out.

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Oh, if her mother only would’ve had access to abortion when she was young.

NapaConservative on June 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM

You know who doesn’t care about money? Someone who’s grown up in the Arkansas governor’s mansion followed by the White House and then moved into a $10 million Central Park apartment in NYC fully paid for by Mommy and Daddy. Believe me, anyone Chelsea’s age out there in the real world gives a massive dinosaur-sized sh-t about money and not from a greed standpoint. Geez, this family is tone deaf.

Doughboy on June 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Chelsea sure feels a lot of “callings” in her life, curiously enough all those callings center around high-level politics and hanging out with the liberal cocktail class.

How about this: Head off to Africa, find yourself a rundown Mission somewhere, and live out of a tent while you use your money and family name to rebuild the place.

What? No there isn’t 24/7 concierge service. Huh? Limos to the spa? Uh…there won’t be any spas or limos out there. NO! There aren’t any theater productions, coffee houses, or private pools! Jeebus, just forget it!

Bishop on June 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Hey, when you look like this you don’t need no stinkin’ money nohow.

Oldnuke on June 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Ouch…what a cow…

PatriotRider on June 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM

WTF?

Chelsea inherited Hillary’s good sense in public speaking.

freedomfirst on June 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I don’t care about money because I don’t have to…..
Chelsea Clinton.

ouldbollix on June 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

When you have someone else footing your bills through your early life, and your name and parents connections getting you a do-nothing job with a hefty six figure salary, yeah, I can see why you don’t have to care about a silly little thing like money.

hawkeye54 on June 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Oh, if her mother Grandmothers only would’ve had access to abortion when she was they were young.

NapaConservative on June 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Better that way I think.

Oldnuke on June 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than Chelsea’s thighs.

/ apologies to camels

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Hey, when you look like this you don’t need no stinkin’ money nohow.

Oldnuke on June 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Se sure inherited her mothers good looks…

PatriotRider on June 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Fourth post about the Cllntons today.

cat_owner on June 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Meghan McCain: “I thought I was the the dumbest daughter”

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Does this mean she is going to come out of the shadows and announce she is a constitutional conservative?

Buckshots on June 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Hey, when you look like this you don’t need no stinkin’ money nohow.

Oldnuke on June 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Se sure inherited her mothers good looks…

PatriotRider on June 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Better that than her father’s taste in cigars and WH interns.

hawkeye54 on June 23, 2014 at 3:35 PM

gwelf on June 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM

It is starting to look a little too coincidental isn’t it? I mean the Clintons are usually so adept at managing their messaging. Now all of the sudden they are friggin gaffe machines.

HotAirian on June 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM

the reality is that the people who don’t see Hillary for what she is at this point probably never will.

But these are the same people who still believe Obama is “competent”, so they never learn or understand anything that is going on around them.

Monkeytoe on June 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM

She must be one of those fakers who are rich but always try to convince everyone they would rather be living in a quaint little flat somewhere; chatting with the grocer on the corner, jumping in on a whim to play double-dutch with laughing kids on the street, and buying a daisy every Friday to display on the windowsill.

I’ll believe it when I see ChelChel puffing down several flights of stairs as she moves her furniture out.

Bishop on June 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Those black leather pants are racist…

PatriotRider on June 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM

You guys just don’t get it. This is the mark of a true and nobile lady. She knows she’s rich, but she’s not going to rub your faces in it.

Don’t know why you have to be so mean. She’s being totally cool.

And those leather leggings are the hotness.

/brainfree et al

MisterElephant on June 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Meghan McCain: “I thought I was the the dumbest daughter”

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM

L.O.L!

dentarthurdent on June 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Meghan McCain: “I thought I was the the dumbest daughter”

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM

When it comes to dumb daughters, we’ve also heard from Caroline Kennedy, and we really don’t know Obama’s darling daughters because they are still young and off limits. Can’t wait till they come of age and we get to hear and see more of them to compare.

hawkeye54 on June 23, 2014 at 3:39 PM

HotAirian on June 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM

A number of reasons:

1) it was Bill, not Hillary (or Chelsea), that was the expert on messaging;

2) they are both getting old;

3) the left (including the media [BIRM]) has moved even farther left and the Clinton’s don’t understand what is happening. Don’t forget, Bill managed to win the WH pretending to be a conservative dem (the New Democrats and all that). They still want to pretend to be moderates and don’t understand why it isn’t working amongst their base (the media).

Monkeytoe on June 23, 2014 at 3:41 PM

That picture should scare the land.

You witch, you NEVER had to care about money.

Leon Helmsley is your ugly mom, from the inside.

One can’t make this up in the best/worst of fiction.

I love it all!!!

Chelsea Clinton, pictured Thursday in New York, says it’s ‘frustrating’ that after multiple tries at different careers, she realized she wanted to work with her parents.

It’s easier and way more lucrative to exploit the stupid sheeple, while pretending to be making dough by “dint of hard work”.

God bless the stupid America!!!

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Leather pants at a wildlife conservation event. I know it’s not PETA, but talk about tone deaf. And those Clinton gals really should get someone who will tell them the truth when they try on an outfit, my gosh! The correct answer would’ve been, “Yes, Chelsea, you DO look fat in those. Put on a longer top!”

2L8 on June 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Do you care about child rapists, Chelsea?

John the Libertarian on June 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM

NBC was paying Chelsea $600,000 a year for essentially nothing.

That’s more than their Washington Bureau Editor makes. More than all but a handful of their on-air talent makes. And for what?

For someone who just can’t make herself care about money, she managed to do pretty well for herself on that deal.

Adjoran on June 23, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Chelsea Clinton interview: ‘I will always work harder than anyone’

Says the one who never worked a day in her life, or an hour.

It was almost inevitable that Bill and Hillary’s daughter would join the Clinton machine – try as she might to resist. But can she ever emerge from their shadows?

Why would the witch want to emerge from their shadows. Charlatans have it good. They lived off of public housing until her ‘parents’ were way into their 50s. These are leeches to society.

Her husband’s family are all crooks.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 3:44 PM

The girl grew up in the White House, with servants for everything.

portlandon on June 23, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Monkeytoe on June 23, 2014 at 3:41 PM

They were RINOs before RINOs were cool.

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Yeah, that whole having to get up and slog off to work thing is a bummer, huh? And only an hour for lunch, come on man, you’re barely through the aperatifs in an hour!

Who knew that the financially-struggling dude preparing your morning latte had to get up so early just to make sure you’re taken care of when you finally roll out of bed. Oh well, someone has to do it, right?

Bishop on June 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM

I tried to care about air, but I just couldn’t, until I didn’t have any, and then I cared for a short while.

DFCtomm on June 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM

It sure is, honey.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM

What kind of grown-up person makes such a hateful comment about their parents? (Even though her parents are admittedly questionable role models!)

2L8 on June 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Se sure inherited her mothers good looks…

PatriotRider on June 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I thought she favored her father, Janet Reno, more.

Oldnuke on June 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM

When I was in college, 30 years ago, the term I heard a lot was “thunder thighs”.

dentarthurdent on June 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Bishop on June 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Martha Stewart had lots of her fans fooled into thinking that she was the kind neighbor lady who would be all too happy to lend them a cup of sugar (lulz). So that act certainly does play to certain demographics.

MisterElephant on June 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM

You peons like, totally misunderstand Princess. She is all about proving she is not a Scrooge McDuck (i.e rich person,otherwise known as a Republican) who cares only about greedily wallowing around in her jewels and furs and cash all stacked up in the big Money Vault.

So because she lacks that right-wing greed about money and has no desire to go diving in amongst the gold coins (like Republicans like Mitt do), she is clearly NOT one of the 1% and can be considered to have true solidarity with all the other young Millenials who also don’t care about money, or so she’s been told.

She has higher aspirations than merely collecting more more and money (how much does her husband make, anyway?) but she is also confident that other young people, side by side with her will be able to finally take charge of this greedy, greedy country and solve the issue of income inequality for once and for all.

By raising the minimum wage to $600,000 a year.

Dolce Far Niente on June 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM

It’s all so gay.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM

And now, finally, she has decided to join the Clinton family business. As vice chair of the recently rebranded Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation, she is helping one of the world’s most notable philanthropies grow up.

Okay, I see the reason for her decision, this story, and her statement now. She’s been there three years but that was just the Clintons continuing her allowance after she left home. But the recent scandal over her $6ooK salary for doing next to nothing and the likelihood of it being terminated now that the pay off is public knowledge, meant that Chelsea would be needing a new job.

Her job now will be one where what she receives in compensation will be cloaked forever in secrecy, but moreso, never again, will she have to suffer the public embarrassment of it being made plain that she gets a huge chunk of money every couple of weeks for basically doing nothing whatsoever.

Besides, how much do you want to bet that with her name on the Foundation list, Chelsea will be receiving in compensation a package which will, in effect, be more money, not less, than the $600k she gets from NBC?

Oh, and wait until she gets the gosling that lays the golden egg handed to her — a ticket to the lecture circuit like her Mom and Dad.

Dusty on June 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Bill/Hillary are for higher inheritance taxes. He was in the 90s and she is still.

Yet, they split the NY house ownership and created separate trusts…to pay less in taxes, and…to…have Chelsea pay less in…wait…inheritance taxes…

Me, not thee, fools!

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Young Ms. Clinton clearly needs some therapy so she, too, can feel our pain and appreciate what it is to care about money Here’s how can she do it.
A. You and your husband give all your money away
B. You both quit your jobs
C. You try to get different jobs without using your name or connections, say at a McD’s or even a Chipotle
D. You try to live on what the two of you make from such low wage jobs, with ObamaCare and all the other safety nets available.

Then come back and let us know is she cares about money yet….

mdavt on June 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Great news from Chelsea Clinton: I tried to care about money, but I just can’t

If she had none she’d find a way to suddenly care.

rukiddingme on June 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog 28m

The Clintons are like the Joads in Grapes of Wrath, had to pack up the jalopy and head to Chappaqua to look fer some legislatin’ work.

Bmore on June 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM

It sure is, honey.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Ohhh the humanity, the horror….
How on earth will she survive in such a hovel?
I saw no mention of servants quarters. Basement dorms/barracks perhaps?

dentarthurdent on June 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM

You peons like, totally misunderstand Princess.

Dolce Far Niente on June 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM

heh, Chelsea, the Flat Broke Princess

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 3:56 PM

“The poor” are such a fun hobby when the BMW is paid-off!

Deafdog on June 23, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Any chance we can take a break from the Clintons for five minutes for other stories….. like the alleged corruption going on in MS recall election?

The NRSC is pouring in another $175,000 for Cochran at the last minute too.

cat_owner on June 23, 2014 at 3:58 PM

“The poor” are such a fun hobby when the BMW is paid-off!

Deafdog on June 23, 2014 at 3:57 PM

OMG! What do you mean paid-off? Like you didn’t pay cash the day you bought it? You must be so poor.

/Hillary and Chelsea Clinton

terryannonline on June 23, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Cochran: “I tried to care about money, oh.. wait… who am I fooling?”

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 4:00 PM

I felt sooooo poor when I had to eat at a 3 star restaurant with a friend.

-Chelsea Clinton

terryannonline on June 23, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Better that than her father’s taste in cigars and WH interns.

hawkeye54 on June 23, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Bill is not her daddy.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Hey, when you look like this you don’t need no stinkin’ money nohow.

Oldnuke on June 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

She’s a purty one alright. Are those her dominatrix pants?

arnold ziffel on June 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Remember it is the 8-10% Independents that decide elections in the US now. And I suspect they are not happy with Hillary.

Johnnyreb on June 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM

/Hillary and Chelsea Clinton

terryannonline on June 23, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Oh Posh! The Beemer is my second car that I keep at the Hamptons. Now pass the Grey Puopon.

Deafdog on June 23, 2014 at 4:05 PM

So Bill needed a dowery for his daughter and decided NBC would pay it. I get it.

Zomcon JEM on June 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Hey, when you look like this you don’t need no stinkin’ money nohow.

Oldnuke on June 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Se sure inherited her mothers good looks…

PatriotRider on June 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Better that than her father’s taste in cigars and WH interns.

hawkeye54 on June 23, 2014 at 3:35 PM

No. That would make her at least interesting. As it is, she is virtually indiscernible from any other dimwitted liberal.

kim roy on June 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM

The girl grew up in the White House, with servants for everything.

portlandon on June 23, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Word. Maybe six strong just to wipe her Mom’s backside. (And to think Scarlet only had Tara)
Flitter around all day, “Oh fiddley dee Poppa Clinton, why do you have to stack all those dolla bills around everyplace from those wicked Chinese fellas? Why I declare I cannot see outside the window fo them I just cannot.

onomo on June 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM

I’m teach my child not feel so entitled. The nanny will only be around 12 hours a day….not like all day.

-Chelsea Clinton

terryannonline on June 23, 2014 at 4:07 PM

This coming from a spoiled rotten, untalented brat who has a part-time job, $600,000 per year job? How PHONY can this family get?

Armyspouse on June 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM

At least Billy felt your pain.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM

The NRSC is pouring in another $175,000 for Cochran at the last minute too.

cat_owner on June 23, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Call me dumb, but what corruption are you referring? More money, as long as it is disclosed, isn’t corruption…..it’s free speech.

Tater Salad on June 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I think John Derbyshire had Chelsea’s number thirteen years ago.

That article was once posted on National Review, but the poor dears are too timid to stand by it now.

Kensington on June 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM

[Chelsea's hubby] Marc Mezvinsky is an investment banker who has a net worth of $15 million. Marc Mezvinsky earned his net worth as an investment banker at the New York-based firm Goldman Sachs and while working at the New York hedge fund company, 3G Capital.

And a fun note about her father-in-law

In 2001, he was convicted of several dozen charges of fraud, and served five years in federal prison

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM

kim roy on June 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Quite so.

hawkeye54 on June 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Jenna & Barbara turned out OK, huh.

22044 on June 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Chelsea’s husband is an investment banker worth 15$ million+.

albill on June 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Certainly puts all the working stiffs in their place.

Hey, when you look like this you don’t need no stinkin’ money nohow.

Oldnuke on June 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Ever see the pix of Hillary! when she was working on the Watergate committee?

formwiz on June 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM

When you get paid $600,000 a year for a job as a reporter that requires less time and effort than being a reporter for a high school newspaper, I can kind of see where she is coming from. Don’t worry Chelsea, when you get to be in your 40′s or 50′s, some democrat president will appoint you as ambassador to a non-scary country.

Wallythedog on June 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Bill is not her daddy.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM

For that she should be thankful.

hawkeye54 on June 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM

He’s like in one of those high class security prisons or something. And he committed a high class crime…..so no biggie. Whatevs

-Chelsea Clintong

terryannonline on June 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM

For that she should be thankful.

hawkeye54 on June 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM

It’s why Hillary stuck by Bill.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I remember laughing when she was in high school reading a puff piece about her and what she wanted to be when she grew up. She wanted to be a pediatric subspecialist (either neuro or cardio, can’t recall exactly). I thought, in your dreams sister. You actually have to work your rear end off in school, getting As in courses like Organic Chemistry and Microbiology as opposed to political science or woman’s studies, and get incredibly good scores on the MCATs. Then do well in medical school followed by several residencies at substandard wages for incredibly long hours. Guess her dream didn’t work out like she thought. Easier to live off mom and dad’s wealth.

txmomof6 on June 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I’m not like Beyonce and Jay-Z rich. I only own a dozen Louis Vuitton shoes. And my Rebecca Minkoff purse is from last season. Ewwww. I’m soo poor.

-Chelsea Clinton

terryannonline on June 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Jenna & Barbara turned out OK, huh.
22044 on June 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Let’s see…

Jenna Bush Hager:

Before leaving Washington, D.C. in Summer 2006, Hager worked at Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Public Charter School for a year and a half as a teacher’s aide.[13] She took a leave of absence from the Charter School teaching position to work at a shelter as part of an internship for UNICEF’s Educational Policy Department in Latin America, specifically in Panama.[14][15] After her internship for UNICEF, Hager returned to her position at the charter school in Washington, D.C.[16] She currently works as a part-time reading coordinator at the SEED Public Charter School in Baltimore, Maryland, and contributes a monthly news story about education for the Today show.[17]

Barbara Bush:

She worked for the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, a subsidiary of the Smithsonian Institution.[5][6] Previously, she had been working with AIDS patients in Africa, in Tanzania, South Africa, and Botswana, among other places, through a program sponsored by the Houston-based Baylor College of Medicine’s International Pediatrics AIDS Initiative[7][8][9][10]

Global Health Corps[edit]She is the co-founder and president of a public health-focused non-profit, Global Health Corps.[11] Global Health Corps provides opportunities for young professionals from diverse backgrounds to work on the frontlines of the fight for global health equity.[12] In 2009, Global Health Corps won a prestigious Draper Richards Foundation Fellowship.[13] Bush was also chosen as one of the 14 speakers selected from an applicant pool of 1,500 to speak at the TEDx Brooklyn event in December 2010, where she spoke about Global Health Corps.

Do we see any differences in what the Bush girls have done versus poor little Chelsea?

dentarthurdent on June 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I haven’t flown coach since I was seven. And can someone show me how to pump my own gas?

-Chelsea Clinton

terryannonline on June 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM

…said the woman who was paid over $25k/minute for her “TV career.”

ProfShadow on June 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Like mother, like daughter. But what difference does it make?

Steve Z on June 23, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Ever see the pix of Hillary! when she was working on the Watergate committee?

formwiz on June 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM

She looked like Carl Sagan.

freedomfirst on June 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM

But, but, but according to Dingy Harry, there are no rich liberals.

College Prof on June 23, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Ok while we are on the topic of an ex-president’s family being rich…..Why the taxpayers pay for our ex-president’s travel expenses and stuff like that?

We are helping pay for their extravagant lifestyles.

terryannonline on June 23, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Try working at a real job for 45-50 hrs a week. Living with a mortgage and food and gas and cars and a couple of kids. Try shopping for food and clipping every coupon you can find to save a few bucks then…..you might care about money…oh and try scrounging a few bucks so you can go somewhere on your one or two weeks you have for vacation. I swear between what this idiot says and her idiot mom they’re both clueless and out of touch

jaywemm on June 23, 2014 at 4:33 PM

faraway on June 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM

They actually look more like latex to me. Makes only a little more sense than leather for a pregnant woman.

slickwillie2001 on June 23, 2014 at 4:37 PM

One could make a pay-per-view TV show showing her trying to run a lemonade stand.

National debt payed off!

CurtZHP on June 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM

OT – Great news…McDaniel…keep this up, Miss.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM