Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on June 20, 2014 by Allahpundit

Rand Paul is for the first time weighing in on the chaos in Iraq…

He leaves the question of targeted airstrikes open, saying there are “many questions” that need to be addressed before the U.S. proceeds: “What would airstrikes accomplish? We know that Iran is aiding the Iraqi government against ISIS. Do we want to, in effect, become Iran’s air force? What’s in this for Iran? Why should we choose a side, and if we do, who are we really helping?”

Asked whether he supports the president’s decision to send 300 military advisers to Iraq and continuing to aid the Iraqi army, Paul says he doesn’t “second guess” the decisions. But he couldn’t help himself, adding that the United States has for a decade now funneled aid the Iraqi army and “you gotta wonder what’s happened to all the money.”…

Though most foreign-policy experts have traced the current chaos to the Obama administration’s failure to negotiate a new Status of Forces Agreement with Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki, Paul says insurgents very well could have seized control of the country’s most important cities even if the U.S. had maintained its presence — and that it’s a good thing American soldiers aren’t getting caught in the crossfire right now. “This may well still have happened,” he says. “I think it’s probably fortunate that [American troops] weren’t there.”

***

Sen. Rand Paul intertwined his message against foreign aid on Friday with a message that appeals to the GOP’s social conservative base.

“There’s a war on Christianity going on, and sometimes you’re being asked to pay for it,” the Kentucky Republican said. “I say not one penny to any country that persecutes Christians.”…

The first-term senator blasted the Obama administration for arming rebels in Syria, some of whom have been reported to attack Christians…

Paul, however, said nothing of defending Christians who are currently being threatened in Iraq by Islamic militants, known as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

***

What would airstrikes accomplish? We know that Iran is aiding the Iraqi government against ISIS. Do we want to, in effect, become Iran’s air force? What’s in this for Iran? Why should we choose a side, and if we do, who are we really helping?…

For the small group calling for boots on the ground—how can we ask our brave men and women to risk their lives for a country the Iraqis aren’t willing to fight for themselves? Iraqi soldiers are stripping off their uniforms and fleeing this fight. We shouldn’t ask our soldiers to put their uniforms on to take their places…

Many of those clamoring for military action now are the same people who made every false assumption imaginable about the cost, challenge and purpose of the Iraq war. They have been so wrong for so long. Why should we listen to them again?

Saying the mess in Iraq is President Obama’s fault ignores what President Bush did wrong. Saying it is President Bush’s fault is to ignore all the horrible foreign policy decisions in Syria, Libya, Egypt and elsewhere under President Obama, many of which may have contributed to the current crisis in Iraq. For former Bush officials to blame President Obama or for Democrats to blame President Bush only serves as a reminder that both sides continue to get foreign policy wrong. We need a new approach, one that emulates Reagan’s policies, puts America first, seeks peace, faces war reluctantly, and when necessary acts fully and decisively.

***

The Cheneys snarl about “appeasing our enemies,” “abandoning our allies,” and “apologizing for our great nation,” as if it was the 2004 Republican National Convention all over again. Paul, with the exception of one somewhat intemperate paragraph asking “Why should we listen to them again?”, approaches the question with an assumption of personal and national humility, a sense that American knowledge of (and power to shape) fluid events in the Middle East has limitations, as does American appetite for making the kind of commitments that the Cheneys of the world constantly seek…

This is a pretty clearly defined fork in the road for GOP foreign policy. As Rand Paul put it to me last August, when the elective war under debate was Syria, “We’re losing, on a good day, 70/30 among the Republicans [in the Senate]. But we win every day among the grassroots, probably 80/20, 90/10.” How—if at all—those numbers converge will tell us much about the fortunes of the Republican Party, and of the country.

***

Part of the rationale for giving people who got Iraq wrong last time the chance to explain why this intervention is different is that they may be right. Supporting the Iraq invasion was an unusually big mistake, but sooner or later, almost everyone who offers opinions about war makes mistakes. Ted Kennedy opposed overthrowing Manuel Noriega. Colin Powell opposed the Gulf War, as did most Democrats in Congress. Jimmy Carter thought it such a bad idea that he urged other nations to reject authorization for force at the UN. Michael Moore opposed NATO’s military intervention in Kosovo. The Nation called it a “careless, cowardly and destructive war.” In the run-up to the 2003 Iraq invasion, in fact, some hawks did exactly what Waldman is doing now. They urged the public to “ignore those who got it all wrong” when they opposed successful military actions in the 1990s.

If accurately forecasting the last war were a reliable guide to accurately forecasting the next one, foreign policy would be a lot simpler. In fact, American history is littered with people who looked prescient one moment and foolish the next: critics of World War I who therefore opposed American entry into World War II; champions of World War II who therefore supported America’s war in Vietnam; champions of the Balkan interventions who therefore supported America’s invasion of Iraq.

The point is that everyone—whether they got the last war right or not—should approach the next one with humility. Everyone should answer for his or her past mistakes but no one should be written out of the debate because of them. Judging by the past century of American foreign policy, it’s precisely when people are most confident history has proven them right that they’re most likely to be wrong.

***

This I know: America has made profound — and far more costly — mistakes at the beginning of virtually every war. The opening months of World War II were a national nightmare, rendered more palatable to the public only through large-scale censorship that sometimes blocked the American people’s knowledge of defeats that cost more lives in one night than America would lose in entire years in Iraq or Afghanistan. In the Korean War, profound diplomatic and intelligence failures led to headlong retreats and mass-scale slaughters of unprepared soldiers. In the Civil War, poor tactics and dreadful leadership almost destroyed the nation less than one century after its founding, as a Union with immense manpower and industrial benefits arguably came within a few improper orders and missed battlefield opportunities from crumbling in the face of the Army of Northern Virginia. The list of horrifying mistakes could go on, but — as I just said — war is hard, the enemy always has a vote, and sometimes only cruel experience can teach us the right lessons…

We are all responsible for our words and actions. Even though my influence is minimal (especially compared to my colleagues posting here on NRO and syndicated nationally) I sometimes agonize over individual words in blog posts. And I still think every day about the choices I made in Iraq. But if I’m responsible — as a supporter of the war from the beginning and a veteran of that same conflict — for what I say and do, so are the victory lappers. And I would not trade places with a group that helped manufacture the “war weariness” that gripped an American public that has, apart from a tiny minority, sacrificed nothing for this conflict and would continue to sacrifice nothing even if we maintained the small force in Iraq necessary to secure our gains.

You helped America leave, and in so doing, you helped waste the sacrifice of those few who served.

Your moral superiority is misplaced.

Your victory lap is grotesque.

***

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul told conservative activists Friday that hawkish Republicans have mistakenly concluded that U.S. military intervention is a sign of American strength…

“Reagan spoken often of peace through strength. I hear that some in our nation, some in our party have forgotten the first part of the sentence,” Paul said. “Peace should be our goal even as we build our strength. Some in my party have distorted the belief of peace through strength into the misguided belief that we should project strength through war.”

***

I think the same questions could be asked of those who supported the Iraq War. You know, were they right in their predictions? Were there weapons of mass destruction there? That’s what the war was sold on. Was democracy easily achievable? Was the war won in 2005, when many of these people said it was won? They didn’t really, I think, understand the civil war that would break out. And what’s going on now — I don’t blame on President Obama. Has he really got the solution? Maybe there is no solution. But I do blame the Iraq War on the chaos that is in the Middle East. I also blame those who are for the Iraq War for emboldening Iran.

***

Via MFP.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

The storm is about five miles away, moving fast…

OmahaConservative on June 21, 2014 at 1:35 AM

I stay UP that late!! :) Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:20 AM

That could probably work in an odd way.

Ya know.

Logistics. Wake up to morning wood and metal.

Alternate rest cycles.

Not that I’m planning, dear.

*smooch*

wolly4321 on June 21, 2014 at 1:36 AM

am I the only one who saw the movie Sybil??

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I saw it many years ago, I believe I will look it up on netflix see if they have it!!

What I vaguely remember, it was a great movie, and descriptive of someone who frequents here… ;)

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Going to California

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:31 AM

5 yrs old on the back of a Clydesdale! That would definitely be a memorable experience.

I’ve had the opportunity to ride some, but not much. And it’s been many years now since I’ve been riding.

My grandfather’s family were Cherokee. They kept a place back in the mountains for a long time, but it’s gone from the family now. We used to ride on those lands.

Still, it was such an exhilarating experience…you just don’t forget.

lineholder on June 21, 2014 at 1:37 AM

*smooch*

wolly4321 on June 21, 2014 at 1:36 AM

“smooch”

My sleep cycle is messed up, and to get back on track, I have to give somthing up, QOTD, and well, I may have to for a couple nights.

Wood and metal, nice combo ;)

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:38 AM

and descriptive of someone who frequents here… ;)

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:36 AM

are you kidding me… exactly…

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Is sybil about the psycho b!tch?

I mean the really psycho b!cch?

I

wolly4321 on June 21, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I think I’m out for the night folks.

Nice sounds to close out the evening…..

Y’all have a good one!

lineholder on June 21, 2014 at 1:41 AM

lineholder on June 21, 2014 at 1:37 AM

I can well imagine that riding in the mountains was a thrill!!

One of my school girlfriends had a small herd of ponies, and we used to ride bare back, just holding on to the mane, and play, sorry, cowboys and indians, one would ‘steal the herd’ and the other would go fetch them back!! mad we were, galloping back and forth in the field!!

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:42 AM

lineholder on June 21, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Was a pleasure chatting with you LH!!

Good Night and God Bless :)

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:43 AM

What Is And What Should Never Be

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:42 AM

You have some really great memories there, Scrumpy. Thanks for sharing them with me!

lineholder on June 21, 2014 at 1:44 AM

sleep well lh…and be safe..

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Did arnold ziffel stop by tonight?

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 1:44 AM

I think I’m out for the night folks.

Y’all have a good one!

lineholder on June 21, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I was just informed I’m out for the night, too … dittos.
How would I ever get through life without my domina– … I mean wife, WIFE !

listens2glenn on June 21, 2014 at 1:45 AM

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 1:39 AM

I would have to say, with what is known, possibly, but without a proper diagnosis, we can only hazard a guess!

Seems quite likely tho, all things considered.

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:46 AM

listens2glenn on June 21, 2014 at 1:45 AM

Good Night L2G!!

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Did arnold ziffel stop by tonight?

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Hi Jaime, I believe Arnie was here earlier…

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:49 AM

Whole Lotta Love

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 1:49 AM

lineholder on June 21, 2014 at 1:44 AM

My pleasure, was nice to share positive things!! Thank you too :)

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Hi Jaime, I believe Arnie was here earlier…

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:49 AM

Hi Scrumpy. Good to see you.

I guess I’ll catch arnold some time next week.

Thanks

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 1:51 AM

wolly4321 on June 21,

are you still looking for land in the mountains?..

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Not sybil.

I was thinking about eileen.

wolly4321 on June 21, 2014 at 1:52 AM

wolly4321 on June 21, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Quite possibly wolly…

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Thanks

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Your welcome!! Arnie seems to pop on about the midpoint I guess round 10ish or so, he didn’t stop long tho…

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:54 AM

WOW. This storm is every bit as intense as the famous Omaha storm of June 2010…

OmahaConservative on June 21, 2014 at 1:54 AM

I do believe I shall call it a night!! It’s almost 1am here..

It has been a good night, with good folks!!

God Bless you all, and Good Night!!

**POP**

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:56 AM

I Can’t Quit You Baby

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 1:57 AM

thanks ms Scrumpy…sleep well..cheers

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Cochran pins hope on black voters.

coolrepublica on June 21, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:54 AM

I’ll see him next week. I just had something I wanted to show him. Nothing important.

I’m digging around youtube for led zeppelin covers. Anything you’d like to hear?

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 1:59 AM

I was thinking about eileen.

wolly4321 on June 21, 2014 at 1:52 AM

is Eileen a movie too?? I didn’t see it..

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:00 AM

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Hi Jaime, I believe Arnie was here earlier…

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:49 AM

…11:16 PM…some times little piggy lurks…does stuff…and checks back in.
So, he might oink at you yet Jamie.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:01 AM

are you still looking for land in the mountains?..

In my dreams. I don’t have the money.

I thought I might, but I don’t.

My one chance bombed.

wolly4321 on June 21, 2014 at 2:02 AM

Ebola outbreak out of control

coolrepublica on June 21, 2014 at 2:06 AM

WOW. This storm is every bit as intense as the famous Omaha storm of June 2010…

OmahaConservative on June 21, 2014 at 1:54 AM

…you’ve been getting hit bad…the last few days!
We had one of those shake the house thunder and rumbles 2 nights ago in the Detroit area…but it only lasted a couple of hours.
You guys are getting slammed by the day it seems.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:06 AM

wolly4321 on June 21, 2014 at 2:02 AM

well it depends on how much land and where…
I like you am not rich..so I shop affordable..
this is a interesting almost 2 acres.. at 109$
I am not fan if the Mobil home but it could
give you somewhere to camp while building what you like..

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Oscar, what’s on the headstock of her guitar?

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 2:09 AM

health insurers pressing down drug prices

coolrepublica on June 21, 2014 at 2:11 AM

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:01 AM

OK, Jug. I won’t be around much longer tonight, but I can always catch arnold next week. Thanks.

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 2:11 AM

OmahaConservative on June 21, 2014 at 1:54 AM

your not still out on the porch are ya??..
sheesh the maps look bad for you…
be safe brother..

got a bunker??

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:12 AM

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:06 AM

evening neighbor…
and yes we did get shook…
are you north of Det?
OC is getting hammered…daily..

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:14 AM

williamg…you lurking?

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Gallows Pole

jaime on June 21, 2014 at 2:17 AM

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:14 AM

…between Detroit and Lansing…a Seattle type drizzle all day today.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:17 AM

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 1

Hey, williamg! Good to see you. How are you tonight? Gonna’ spin us some good tunes? I tried doing it earlier, but I’m not you or RickB (which speaking of the devil, where is he tonight?)

lineholder on June 21, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Here Ya Go, Sweetie – Check This!…..Something I Have Recently Found………

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 2:20 AM

your not still out on the porch are ya??..
sheesh the maps look bad for you…
be safe brother..

got a bunker??

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Yep. Just came in from the porch. Going to bed in the basement now…

OmahaConservative on June 21, 2014 at 2:20 AM

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:17 AM

we are neighbors..
I’m half way between detroit and flint..
I buy wood out your way at
Armstrong millwrights ..off 59.. almost to 23..

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:21 AM

williamg…you lurking?

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:15 AM

….yeah…..

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 2:22 AM

OmahaConservative on June 21, 2014 at 2:20 AM

in the southwest corner of your basement I hope..
sleep well.. and be safe… Ratso too..!!

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:23 AM

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Kensington Metro Park and Proud Lake Recreation area are in my back yard.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:24 AM

….yeah…..

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 2:22 AM

…your snack is here.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Ruby and the Romantics – Our Day Will Come

non-nonpartisan on June 21, 2014 at 2:27 AM

…your snack is here.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:25 AM

….I see…….

…said the Blindman…….as he picked up his hammer and saw……

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Kensington Metro Park and Proud Lake Recreation area are in my back yard.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:24 AM

HEY !!! that’s my old stompin’ grounds !!!!
Grew up in Walled Lake & then lived in Union lake !!
kathyk

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Sammy Hagar – Three Lock Box

non-nonpartisan on June 21, 2014 at 2:33 AM

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:24 AM

we are both about the same distance from Downtown…
I always say 500,000 shot guns this side of Detroit..
what a mess eh?..
and today Snyder pledged another 200 million..
Detroit needs more like 20 billion…
and that’s just the money side…

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:33 AM

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM

…hi neighbor!…live in Milford and back up to the Boy Scout Trail that the various Boy Scouts sometimes hike between Kensington and Proud Lake.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:34 AM

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Don’t live ‘down’ there anymore – Moved northward in 1994. – Twenty years in Sept.
Do NOT like it down there anymore – the traffic TERRIFIES me !!!
My son lives in Farmington Hills – he has to come up here to see me…. Lordy lordy – when you get used to living up here it is panic city driving in allllll that traffic !!!

kk

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 2:41 AM

Madonna – Burning Up

non-nonpartisan on June 21, 2014 at 2:44 AM

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:34 AM

….you live in Milford, PA?

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 2:46 AM

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 2:41 AM

…I was out of state for 5 years in a rural area…I was very anxious driving for a year after I got back.
I love it up north. When I talk “Up North”…that means… crossing the Mac!
My favorite is the area of Hessel and Cedarville… toward Drummond Island.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:49 AM

…no – Mich-Knee-Gan…..

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 2:49 AM

#666 baby :P

Mark Boabaca on June 21, 2014 at 2:50 AM

…..are you a Youper?

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 2:51 AM

….you live in Milford, PA?

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 2:46 AM

…Michigan…people usually think Connecticut or PA. when you mention Milford though.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:51 AM

…..are you a Youper?

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 2:51 AM

…lol!…williamg knows Mitchegan!

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:52 AM

The Who – Let’s See Action
Let’s see people
Let’s see freedom
Let’s see who cares

non-nonpartisan on June 21, 2014 at 2:55 AM

I like everything north on the knuckles..
Muskegon–big rapids–mt pleasant–midland…
just get to the trees man.. the lakes..
away from the cities and people..

the bridge area is great… and mac island..
iron mt.. teq. falls.. four corners… lots of trees..

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:58 AM

…lol!…williamg knows Mitchegan!

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:52 AM

….I’ve heard of it…..

williamg on June 21, 2014 at 3:00 AM

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 2:33 AM

…and Snyder wants more state gas tax for the roads.
The state has not changed the road building specifications since the Davison Freeway was built in Detroit when Ford had the Model T going…and we wonder why we have orange cones every year. Sounds like a plan huh?

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 3:00 AM

I love it up north. When I talk “Up North”…that means… crossing the Mac!
My favorite is the area of Hessel and Cedarville… toward Drummond Island.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 2:49 AM

I am not that far up north – bout halfway. I LOVE living up here – got my lil 5 acres & peace & quiet – until the weekends…. ; )
I used to work in Milford for about a year. Have a sister in law that lives in Highland – not too far from you…. Nice area – kinda like up north ?? at least it is NOT city !!! I used to work all over the Farmington & Bloomfield areas – traffic didn’t bother me too much, but when you get used to NOT dealing with that, wooo boy !!

My Honey & I used to hunt in the upper penn. LONG drive !! Fished up there once too, don’t remember the name of the lake ?? Supposedly the BEST lake for walleye.

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 3:00 AM

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 3:00 AM

its a tough state to pave..
with the freezing and thawing we get land shifts.. heaves..
tons of water and lakes and swamps…wetlands..
concrete is too brittle..
and asphalt is too soft..
add traffic numbers rising ..
we will be repaving it forever…

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 3:07 AM

Buck Owens – Act Naturally

non-nonpartisan on June 21, 2014 at 3:09 AM

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 3:00 AM

…like going2mars …I like anything above Bay City (Muskegon not so much)…the trees the trees!…and the air…and the noise…it’s like another state!

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 3:10 AM

I gave wolly4321 a single Montana land post and hour ago..
I think we lost him in the upper rockies…
be safe wolly…!!

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 3:18 AM

…the trees the trees!…and the air…and the noise…it’s like another state!

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Have tooooo many trees on my property !!!! Lots of dead stuff out in my woods – swamp on past the end of my 5 acres… BAD for mosquitoes. LOTS of FRESH air up here !! ; )
Have some good fishing lakes around here – LOTS… I have only gone fishing a few times since My Honey passed in 2000. Bass, walleye, perch – take your pick… Good times, good times…

kk

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 3:18 AM

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 3:00 AM

…problem g2m is the engineering specifications haven’t changed since the 1940′s. Minnesota and Wisconsin roads last much longer but their specs have changed with the times.

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 3:21 AM

The Fixx – Stand or Fall

non-nonpartisan on June 21, 2014 at 3:23 AM

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 3:00 AM

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
…sorry!…meant that for

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 3:07 AM

…tired!…must be time to crash!

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 3:23 AM

The Fixx – Stand or Fall

non-nonpartisan on June 21, 2014 at 3:23 AM

…thanks non-non…for the tunes!
(Good taste!)

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Night JugEarsButtHurt – sleep well.
I’m outta here too… Night ALL !!! williamg, g2m, non-non – have a good one !!

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 3:27 AM

Twisted Sister – Kill or Be Killed
Live or let die
Kill or be killed
Though you don’t know why

non-nonpartisan on June 21, 2014 at 3:28 AM

…thanks non-non…for the tunes!
(Good taste!)

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Thanks. Many people with good taste here.

My motto: I like everything from gospel to death metal, if it’s good. =)

Night JugEarsButtHurt – sleep well.
I’m outta here too… Night ALL !!! williamg, g2m, non-non – have a good one !!

kennedyk49 on June 21, 2014 at 3:27 AM

Thanks, you too.

non-nonpartisan on June 21, 2014 at 3:32 AM

JugEarsButtHurt on June 21, 2014 at 3:21 AM

both have millions less ppl..
and more rock underlayment..
made me laugh to hear the spec haven’t changed part..
it has.. in many ways..
(was my step fathers job for 36 yrs)
example.. some places are pouring concrete with holes thru it..
so the water drains thru the road and not off to the side..
looks like a course sponge..
asphalt has latex in it so its not as slippery when wet..
its changing…its just a tough nut..

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 3:32 AM

Night JugEarsButtHurt…sleep well

kennedyk49 and you sleep well too..cheers..

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Led Zeppelin – Houses of the Holy

non-nonpartisan on June 21, 2014 at 3:38 AM

wow I see COL got the QotD Bish tonight…
good on ya COL..!!!

going2mars on June 21, 2014 at 3:47 AM

If you’re still up G2, did you ever hike the Buckeye Trail?

crankyoldlady on June 21, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Check this:

Are the pro-amnesty pajama boys of HotAir listening?
Now that’s what I’m talking about.

Spread the word.

I’m going back to sleep now!

bluegill on June 21, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Oh just live near or on, I enjoy all aspects of farming, animals, plowing, planting, but now am not in a condition to do that. I would visit every day, horses cows hens pigs all of it!!

We had a dairy and sheep farm, raised chickens and sold eggs, had a few pigs, planted wheat and made hay, also had potato fields, it was a good life…

Scrumpy on June 21, 2014 at 1:16 AM

In case you see this, it’s hard to find farms like that now. The ones here just grow crops or dairy farm. They don’t seem to even have their own gardens and the only chickens are raised for 4H. You can find a more diverse situation in Amish/Mannonite territory.

crankyoldlady on June 21, 2014 at 5:46 AM

Mennonite.

crankyoldlady on June 21, 2014 at 6:15 AM

Hey COL,
Just dropping in to say hi before I put my head down. Also, wonder if you’ve seen the One America News Network? It’s pretty new. Going to watch it few times before passing judgement. Looks like it’s suppose to compete with FOX News Network. Hope your day is a good one. {{{hugs}}}

31giddyup on June 21, 2014 at 7:38 AM

There’s a neat program on Animal Planet called Meet the Sloths. These 2 women run a sloth sanctuary in Costa Rica. They are so sweet and comical (the sloths not the people).

crankyoldlady on June 21, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Peace through strength. Amnesty through brute force

Brock Robamney on June 21, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Good Morning, Patriots! And, trolls.

…she was a liar. She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.

- Hillary Clinton’s boss during the Watergate Hearings, Jerry Zeifman, now-retired general counsel and chief of staff of the House Judiciary Committee

My take: It Takes a Radical: The Very Political Life of Hillary Rodham Clinton

kingsjester on June 21, 2014 at 9:37 AM

bluegill on June 21, 2014 at 5:11 AM

I’m asking straight up. Did you post comments as frank and make those comments about my wife?

hawkdriver on June 21, 2014 at 9:38 AM