Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on June 20, 2014 by Allahpundit

Rand Paul is for the first time weighing in on the chaos in Iraq…

He leaves the question of targeted airstrikes open, saying there are “many questions” that need to be addressed before the U.S. proceeds: “What would airstrikes accomplish? We know that Iran is aiding the Iraqi government against ISIS. Do we want to, in effect, become Iran’s air force? What’s in this for Iran? Why should we choose a side, and if we do, who are we really helping?”

Asked whether he supports the president’s decision to send 300 military advisers to Iraq and continuing to aid the Iraqi army, Paul says he doesn’t “second guess” the decisions. But he couldn’t help himself, adding that the United States has for a decade now funneled aid the Iraqi army and “you gotta wonder what’s happened to all the money.”…

Though most foreign-policy experts have traced the current chaos to the Obama administration’s failure to negotiate a new Status of Forces Agreement with Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki, Paul says insurgents very well could have seized control of the country’s most important cities even if the U.S. had maintained its presence — and that it’s a good thing American soldiers aren’t getting caught in the crossfire right now. “This may well still have happened,” he says. “I think it’s probably fortunate that [American troops] weren’t there.”

***

Sen. Rand Paul intertwined his message against foreign aid on Friday with a message that appeals to the GOP’s social conservative base.

“There’s a war on Christianity going on, and sometimes you’re being asked to pay for it,” the Kentucky Republican said. “I say not one penny to any country that persecutes Christians.”…

The first-term senator blasted the Obama administration for arming rebels in Syria, some of whom have been reported to attack Christians…

Paul, however, said nothing of defending Christians who are currently being threatened in Iraq by Islamic militants, known as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

***

What would airstrikes accomplish? We know that Iran is aiding the Iraqi government against ISIS. Do we want to, in effect, become Iran’s air force? What’s in this for Iran? Why should we choose a side, and if we do, who are we really helping?…

For the small group calling for boots on the ground—how can we ask our brave men and women to risk their lives for a country the Iraqis aren’t willing to fight for themselves? Iraqi soldiers are stripping off their uniforms and fleeing this fight. We shouldn’t ask our soldiers to put their uniforms on to take their places…

Many of those clamoring for military action now are the same people who made every false assumption imaginable about the cost, challenge and purpose of the Iraq war. They have been so wrong for so long. Why should we listen to them again?

Saying the mess in Iraq is President Obama’s fault ignores what President Bush did wrong. Saying it is President Bush’s fault is to ignore all the horrible foreign policy decisions in Syria, Libya, Egypt and elsewhere under President Obama, many of which may have contributed to the current crisis in Iraq. For former Bush officials to blame President Obama or for Democrats to blame President Bush only serves as a reminder that both sides continue to get foreign policy wrong. We need a new approach, one that emulates Reagan’s policies, puts America first, seeks peace, faces war reluctantly, and when necessary acts fully and decisively.

***

The Cheneys snarl about “appeasing our enemies,” “abandoning our allies,” and “apologizing for our great nation,” as if it was the 2004 Republican National Convention all over again. Paul, with the exception of one somewhat intemperate paragraph asking “Why should we listen to them again?”, approaches the question with an assumption of personal and national humility, a sense that American knowledge of (and power to shape) fluid events in the Middle East has limitations, as does American appetite for making the kind of commitments that the Cheneys of the world constantly seek…

This is a pretty clearly defined fork in the road for GOP foreign policy. As Rand Paul put it to me last August, when the elective war under debate was Syria, “We’re losing, on a good day, 70/30 among the Republicans [in the Senate]. But we win every day among the grassroots, probably 80/20, 90/10.” How—if at all—those numbers converge will tell us much about the fortunes of the Republican Party, and of the country.

***

Part of the rationale for giving people who got Iraq wrong last time the chance to explain why this intervention is different is that they may be right. Supporting the Iraq invasion was an unusually big mistake, but sooner or later, almost everyone who offers opinions about war makes mistakes. Ted Kennedy opposed overthrowing Manuel Noriega. Colin Powell opposed the Gulf War, as did most Democrats in Congress. Jimmy Carter thought it such a bad idea that he urged other nations to reject authorization for force at the UN. Michael Moore opposed NATO’s military intervention in Kosovo. The Nation called it a “careless, cowardly and destructive war.” In the run-up to the 2003 Iraq invasion, in fact, some hawks did exactly what Waldman is doing now. They urged the public to “ignore those who got it all wrong” when they opposed successful military actions in the 1990s.

If accurately forecasting the last war were a reliable guide to accurately forecasting the next one, foreign policy would be a lot simpler. In fact, American history is littered with people who looked prescient one moment and foolish the next: critics of World War I who therefore opposed American entry into World War II; champions of World War II who therefore supported America’s war in Vietnam; champions of the Balkan interventions who therefore supported America’s invasion of Iraq.

The point is that everyone—whether they got the last war right or not—should approach the next one with humility. Everyone should answer for his or her past mistakes but no one should be written out of the debate because of them. Judging by the past century of American foreign policy, it’s precisely when people are most confident history has proven them right that they’re most likely to be wrong.

***

This I know: America has made profound — and far more costly — mistakes at the beginning of virtually every war. The opening months of World War II were a national nightmare, rendered more palatable to the public only through large-scale censorship that sometimes blocked the American people’s knowledge of defeats that cost more lives in one night than America would lose in entire years in Iraq or Afghanistan. In the Korean War, profound diplomatic and intelligence failures led to headlong retreats and mass-scale slaughters of unprepared soldiers. In the Civil War, poor tactics and dreadful leadership almost destroyed the nation less than one century after its founding, as a Union with immense manpower and industrial benefits arguably came within a few improper orders and missed battlefield opportunities from crumbling in the face of the Army of Northern Virginia. The list of horrifying mistakes could go on, but — as I just said — war is hard, the enemy always has a vote, and sometimes only cruel experience can teach us the right lessons…

We are all responsible for our words and actions. Even though my influence is minimal (especially compared to my colleagues posting here on NRO and syndicated nationally) I sometimes agonize over individual words in blog posts. And I still think every day about the choices I made in Iraq. But if I’m responsible — as a supporter of the war from the beginning and a veteran of that same conflict — for what I say and do, so are the victory lappers. And I would not trade places with a group that helped manufacture the “war weariness” that gripped an American public that has, apart from a tiny minority, sacrificed nothing for this conflict and would continue to sacrifice nothing even if we maintained the small force in Iraq necessary to secure our gains.

You helped America leave, and in so doing, you helped waste the sacrifice of those few who served.

Your moral superiority is misplaced.

Your victory lap is grotesque.

***

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul told conservative activists Friday that hawkish Republicans have mistakenly concluded that U.S. military intervention is a sign of American strength…

“Reagan spoken often of peace through strength. I hear that some in our nation, some in our party have forgotten the first part of the sentence,” Paul said. “Peace should be our goal even as we build our strength. Some in my party have distorted the belief of peace through strength into the misguided belief that we should project strength through war.”

***

I think the same questions could be asked of those who supported the Iraq War. You know, were they right in their predictions? Were there weapons of mass destruction there? That’s what the war was sold on. Was democracy easily achievable? Was the war won in 2005, when many of these people said it was won? They didn’t really, I think, understand the civil war that would break out. And what’s going on now — I don’t blame on President Obama. Has he really got the solution? Maybe there is no solution. But I do blame the Iraq War on the chaos that is in the Middle East. I also blame those who are for the Iraq War for emboldening Iran.

***

Via MFP.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

Bmore on June 20, 2014

ej wcetemb to bkt ikcsk cmn nksest aroj tdk powkrs tdct lk

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I unplugged my dial up modem and now my IP address says Pikerville.

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Would that be in MERM County?

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Dang, didn’t want to get a bishop with that!

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I’ve been thinking about how I could do one on blogspot. I already have 3 on there but I don’t use the comments thing. I’d have to figure that out. it wouldn’t be fancy, though.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 10:53 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Glad you are around. Eye contact only.

KCB on June 20, 2014 at 10:53 PM

A Ninety-two year old friend of ours from church just called me and said she was out driving in that storm and got a flat tire, and drove two miles home on it. She asked if I could come look at her car tomorrow…
Thank God she is OK.

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

IP addresses mean nothing. Unplug your modem and you’ll have a different one in ten minutes.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Make sure to plug it back in.

kcewa on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Phil Collins – Don’t Lose My Number

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:45 PM

ogcy e skmt et to c akw hkts skk ea tdky no et hohz

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Well here is the story:

I taught Ken how to clench his glutes while sitting down at his desk job. Yeah his glutes got nice and firm according to Axe.

But while it was good enough for Axe, it wasn’t good enough for Ken.

No, he wasn’t satisfied with MY training program.

So he went out and bought one of these so he could blog and clench at the same time.

Now he has Chippendale glutes and he got too big for his britches so he wears a Kilt.

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I used to have a WordPress blog.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Dang, didn’t want to get a bishop with that!
cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Think of it as a stab at all-inclusive diversity, Cozmo… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

lourdes and hagfish BLATANTLY trashed the terms of use and got away with it.

More respected posters have been banned for what would be minor infractions compared to what the trolls get away with.

The worst posters here are getting special treatment because they drive traffic. They have to obviously trash the terms of use many times before anything happens to them. Then they get a new handle and return.

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM

I disagree as to why they are getting “special” treatment. I’ve said this before, but I wouldn’t be here if I believed they were playing favorites, or tolerating the trolling socks and the crap like Lourdes did because they want to generate traffic.

I think they just want to moderate as little as possible, call them lazy if you will lol, and only concern themselves with “obvious” violations, like racial slurs.

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I saw somewhere on here that Homeland made arrangements months ago for this invasion. I don’t know if it’s true and don’t ask me where I saw it.

crankyoldlady

I saw that too. They were hiring people to escort illegals around the country. Began in January.

xblade on June 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I used to have a WordPress blog.
annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

When you preview your comment here, assuming you had an avatar for your blog, does THAT avatar show up?

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM

ykp prolclhy womt lk too homb c wcet fust gkkp cm kyk om your emlox tdky nomt hegk to wcet

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Thank God she is OK.

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Geez. She’s intrepid. A friend of mine said the other noght when we had a bad storm with 3 inches of rain she got a call from her granddaughter who gets hysterical in storms. She drove 6 miles north to their house in the middle of the night. The girl is 19.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

e womnkr ea et wehh pess oaa tdk trohhs

That was fun!

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Nope. My first disqus one shows up.
i haven’t used that one in at least a year or more.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

As I have said before. There are several here that use a particular word that has no business on a conservative blog. The bare minimum of letters replaced with symbols. Those comments stand to this day and so do the commenters.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM

et icmt durt Lolz!!!

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

ROFLMBO!! You definitely have a way with spinning a yarn, don’t you?

Now I have this image of Ken with a bubble butt.

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

speaking as one who has been ‘hammered’-I disagree.
Trolls have free reign-regs not so much.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM

The power windows on ’05 Sebring stopped working, so I’ve been rooting around for info on how to work on it.

I came across this:

Where is the oil plug drain on the 2004 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2004?
Answered Most Recently Clay

If you can’t find the oil drain plug – take your car to a professional. Any automotive maintenance is above your skill level.

davidk on June 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM

e bukss wk sdouhn usk et spcrembhy

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 10:56 PM

10-4

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Check those inboxes. Lolz! ; )

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM

N

ow I have this image of Ken with a bubble butt.

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I wouldn’t say bubble. And I never kilt.

KCB on June 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Re: Pajama Boy Downgrade

So, it’s a sign of the times and in ~5 yrs when the wife and I go Galt, I’ll be long outa here and won’t be missing this.

ROCnPhilly on June 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Here’s to the Class of ’88.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I agree

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I needed a really good laugh. Thanks cozmo! ; )

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Phil Collins – In The Air Tonight

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I hear you. I think we should consider doing a group effort, and create our alternative own forum for anyone who’d like to use it. I am glad oscarwilde and RWM offered their threads, but they aren’t formatted to be as easy to read as this place. There are other options a forum could offer, too, like the ability for users to create new threads at will, private messaging, etc. non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 10:47 PM

It’s not that hard to do. Phbb forum format, or something like that.
Bunch of us got kicked off of Coulters forum and Jannymae made one.
It was alot of fun.

It was like that. You could create your own threads. It was back un the throes of barkycare, and theynwent as long as here. We had fun threads. Pic threads. Food threads.

It was a good time.

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Nice tune!

KCB on June 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Great read from the Wretchard:

Private Worlds

…President Obama is finding to his surprise that his deconstruction of America cuts both ways. After convincing voters that America never had any strategic interests in Iraq, he can scarcely muster any argument for doing anything there. If any Mexican can come across the border to become “American” then there’s no reason why said “Americans” should obey him, and not the president of Mexico. After all the president of Mexico speaks Spanish and Obama doesn’t…

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 10:53 PM

It wouldn’t be hard. I know RWM and oscarwilde have made comment threads for us. One problem we run into is finding comment sections which are easy to follow. We all how ungainly they can become. Listen to the Disqus talk in this thread-it’s a great point lol

I like how HA is setup. Most sections/forums I’ve seen are not this readable.

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Thing-Fish

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2014

We could always claim it was anti-troll gibberish.

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I occasionally comment @ Breitbart and Twitchy.
following those threads are a beetch.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 10:56 PM

The nineteen year old needs to grow up, and grandma needs to quit mollycoddling her…

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 11:07 PM

I like how HA is setup. Most sections/forums I’ve seen are not this readable.

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I know. I like this too. Easy to read.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM

An hour and a half of Zappa? Really?

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Phil Collins – Against All Odds

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM

I occasionally comment @ Breitbart and Twitchy.
following those threads are a beetch.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM

I replied to you at Breitbart once, but it got lost in the shuffle…

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 11:09 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM

That’s my story I’m sticking to it. ; )

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Sorry. Can’t really condense that one down. You can just turn it off after a couple of minutes or so. Lolz!

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I like how HA is setup. Most sections/forums I’ve seen are not this readable.

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM

HA is set up nice. I remember when Twerp was exiled to HQ. It was hard for me to keep up with the comments there.

If one gets set up would someone let me know? My throwaway is

davidkblog at dr dot com.

davidk on June 20, 2014 at 11:10 PM

KCB on June 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Yeah, it really is! Did you see the crowd in that video? That has to be a rush for a musician to play in front of that kind of crowd.

I guess they could get jaded to it over time, but still….it’s pretty amazing to see.

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:10 PM

We could always claim it was anti-troll gibberish.

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Years ago I was reading. I forget who it was but they posted a bunch of blank comment boxes. Ones with a single period or something. Allah got onto them and threatened to ban if they didn’t quit.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Easy Lover

KCB on June 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM

When you get a good thread at Breitbart, they fly by!!!

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Nope. My first disqus one shows up.
i haven’t used that one in at least a year or more.
annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Well, that explains how one nom I used showed up when I went into WordPress…I’ll have to check some other e-mails for my other noms… o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM

speaking as one who has been ‘hammered’-I disagree.
Trolls have free reign-regs not so much.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM

You really believe if a troll used the same terms they’d ban any reg for, they’d hold the trolls to a lower standard? No way I believe that.

Look at some of they people they’ve reinstated after bannings. I don’t believe they’d be willing to do the same for an unliked troll.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

That’s called, “gaming the system.” Don’t use the alternative symbols, and you’ll get banned. It is what it is. But it’s a good survival tip to know. =)

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 11:11 PM

There’s more than one way to define “spamming a thread,” Judge

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Phil Collins – One More Night

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:15 PM

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:10 PM

That would have to get the adrenalin pumping.

KCB on June 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Not what I mean. But we’ll leave it at that.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I’ve had people do things to me that should’ve gotten them banned-I won’t elaborate-and they haven’t been touched.
I say something unkind about illegals and…
*Btw: it’s been almost exactly a year.*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

C’mon, these puzzles are too hard. psy, gaf, gin, kuf, Boehner, Bush, which one?

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I came across this:

Where is the oil plug drain on the 2004 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2004?
Answered Most Recently Clay

davidk on June 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Oh, brother…

Have you checked the fuse, David? Anything else and you’ll be removing the door panel to check the switch, window motor and other stuff…

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM

These work well. Like here.

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Cozmo, Bmore. What are youse guys doing? Or am I not supposed to know?

DemetriusPhalerum on June 20, 2014 at 11:19 PM

These work well. Like here.

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Why don’t you set one up.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Email me when you have a chance arnold. I have something for you. ; )

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM

DemetriusPhalerum on June 20, 2014 at 11:19 PM

No its fine. We are just joking around. Just funning the trolls. ; )

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:21 PM

It’s not that hard to do. Phbb forum format, or something like that.
Bunch of us got kicked off of Coulters forum and Jannymae made one.
It was alot of fun.

It was a good time.

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM

This is what I was talking about. =) What happened to it?

I personally like the idea of a group moderated forum. That way you can pretty much eliminate any political/powertripping bull that might crop up, and I would think it would keep the forum more active than ones run by one person or a group if those people got tired of running it.

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM

by one person or a small group

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Robert Downey Jr and Sting

KCB on June 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM

de ljork you crk tdk lojl e hovk dow you mugk tdk trohhs kspkiechhy lhukbehh

Most people don’t know that I’m fluent in Ogham and Esperanto.

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Email me when you have a chance arnold. I have something for you. ; )

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Will do sir, I’m scared though.

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Phil Collins – I Missed Again

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:25 PM

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I went to purgatory with ALT because of a wikipedia link.

She’s telling you the truth.

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 11:25 PM

de ljork you crk tdk lojl e hovk dow you mugk tdk trohhs kspkiechhy lhukbehh

Most people don’t know that I’m fluent in Ogham and Esperanto.

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM

If i ever run across any Ogs or Esps I’ll call on you.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Heh

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Will do sir, I’m scared though.

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Lolz! You aren’t emailing Miss Lamar so no worries. ; )

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Remind him. Sparingly. I forgot. ; )

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Ko, Bmore. Shoulda known.

DemetriusPhalerum on June 20, 2014 at 11:29 PM

DemetriusPhalerum on June 20, 2014 at 11:29 PM

I should apologize to all for my odd mood. Had something bad happen the other day. So I’m a little cranky. ; )

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM

just did. don’t know if it is still l. look for from ET

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2014 at 11:30 PM

What do you mean Yarn? Its a true story.

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM

usk tdes spcrembhy

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Done

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 11:31 PM

What do you mean Yarn? Its a true story.

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Heh. I’m guessing that was directed at me?

So, he really has a bubble butt? And Axe checked it out for him, eh?

Dude!!!!

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Don’t apologize, Bmore. Shipmate told me yesterday he was gonna have a layringectomy. I’m less cranky than I am scared and pissed. He’s younger than me. And stubborn too. Gonna have to warm up my jack-slapper.

DemetriusPhalerum on June 20, 2014 at 11:33 PM

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Smoochnado forming near you. (:

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM

I’m tempted to learn Ladino because -well why not.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Hey Newtie.

For Newtie’s wood pile.

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:35 PM

why don’t you set one up. crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I’m not that skilled. And you have to have a server, or pay for one.

You can rent servers. Or know somebody that has one.

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I’m tempted to learn Ladino because -well why not.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 11:34 PM

How about Hebrew.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Phil Collins – Find a Way to My Heart

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Not what I mean. But we’ll leave it at that.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM

You were talking about a word which you believe doesn’t belong here, which has been allowed to remain because of replacement symbols. That helps me make the point I had in mind.

If you know exactly what the mods won’t allow, there are ways to get around it-it’s not that they are granting the trolls more rights than anyone else.

I say something unkind about illegals and…
*Btw: it’s been almost exactly a year.*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I agree with you about what I think should get banned here. But when the flags aren’t as obvious to the mods as a racial slur for example, they let stuff fly which you and I think should earn some posters the banhammer. Lourdes defamation of cozmo would be an example of this-that kind of stuff shouldn’t be tolerated here.

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I have to go to bed. I’ll catch up in the morning.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 11:38 PM

For MG.

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:41 PM

arnold ziffel on June 20, 2014 at 11:30 PM

; ) Remember, sparingly, lest we all get in some sort of trouble. Lolz!

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I came across this:

Where is the oil plug drain on the 2004 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2004?
Answered Most Recently Clay

davidk on June 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Oh, brother…

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Power windows will be on a 20A circuit breaker, probably on a panel just inside the driver’s door on the side of the dash.

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Phil Collins – All Of My Life

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 11:42 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Are you going to wear a sombrero or a yamaka? LOL

Parmenides on June 20, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Im going to bed too, it’s been a LONG week. See y’all tomorrow.

Doc Holliday on June 20, 2014 at 11:43 PM