Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on June 20, 2014 by Allahpundit

Rand Paul is for the first time weighing in on the chaos in Iraq…

He leaves the question of targeted airstrikes open, saying there are “many questions” that need to be addressed before the U.S. proceeds: “What would airstrikes accomplish? We know that Iran is aiding the Iraqi government against ISIS. Do we want to, in effect, become Iran’s air force? What’s in this for Iran? Why should we choose a side, and if we do, who are we really helping?”

Asked whether he supports the president’s decision to send 300 military advisers to Iraq and continuing to aid the Iraqi army, Paul says he doesn’t “second guess” the decisions. But he couldn’t help himself, adding that the United States has for a decade now funneled aid the Iraqi army and “you gotta wonder what’s happened to all the money.”…

Though most foreign-policy experts have traced the current chaos to the Obama administration’s failure to negotiate a new Status of Forces Agreement with Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki, Paul says insurgents very well could have seized control of the country’s most important cities even if the U.S. had maintained its presence — and that it’s a good thing American soldiers aren’t getting caught in the crossfire right now. “This may well still have happened,” he says. “I think it’s probably fortunate that [American troops] weren’t there.”

***

Sen. Rand Paul intertwined his message against foreign aid on Friday with a message that appeals to the GOP’s social conservative base.

“There’s a war on Christianity going on, and sometimes you’re being asked to pay for it,” the Kentucky Republican said. “I say not one penny to any country that persecutes Christians.”…

The first-term senator blasted the Obama administration for arming rebels in Syria, some of whom have been reported to attack Christians…

Paul, however, said nothing of defending Christians who are currently being threatened in Iraq by Islamic militants, known as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

***

What would airstrikes accomplish? We know that Iran is aiding the Iraqi government against ISIS. Do we want to, in effect, become Iran’s air force? What’s in this for Iran? Why should we choose a side, and if we do, who are we really helping?…

For the small group calling for boots on the ground—how can we ask our brave men and women to risk their lives for a country the Iraqis aren’t willing to fight for themselves? Iraqi soldiers are stripping off their uniforms and fleeing this fight. We shouldn’t ask our soldiers to put their uniforms on to take their places…

Many of those clamoring for military action now are the same people who made every false assumption imaginable about the cost, challenge and purpose of the Iraq war. They have been so wrong for so long. Why should we listen to them again?

Saying the mess in Iraq is President Obama’s fault ignores what President Bush did wrong. Saying it is President Bush’s fault is to ignore all the horrible foreign policy decisions in Syria, Libya, Egypt and elsewhere under President Obama, many of which may have contributed to the current crisis in Iraq. For former Bush officials to blame President Obama or for Democrats to blame President Bush only serves as a reminder that both sides continue to get foreign policy wrong. We need a new approach, one that emulates Reagan’s policies, puts America first, seeks peace, faces war reluctantly, and when necessary acts fully and decisively.

***

The Cheneys snarl about “appeasing our enemies,” “abandoning our allies,” and “apologizing for our great nation,” as if it was the 2004 Republican National Convention all over again. Paul, with the exception of one somewhat intemperate paragraph asking “Why should we listen to them again?”, approaches the question with an assumption of personal and national humility, a sense that American knowledge of (and power to shape) fluid events in the Middle East has limitations, as does American appetite for making the kind of commitments that the Cheneys of the world constantly seek…

This is a pretty clearly defined fork in the road for GOP foreign policy. As Rand Paul put it to me last August, when the elective war under debate was Syria, “We’re losing, on a good day, 70/30 among the Republicans [in the Senate]. But we win every day among the grassroots, probably 80/20, 90/10.” How—if at all—those numbers converge will tell us much about the fortunes of the Republican Party, and of the country.

***

Part of the rationale for giving people who got Iraq wrong last time the chance to explain why this intervention is different is that they may be right. Supporting the Iraq invasion was an unusually big mistake, but sooner or later, almost everyone who offers opinions about war makes mistakes. Ted Kennedy opposed overthrowing Manuel Noriega. Colin Powell opposed the Gulf War, as did most Democrats in Congress. Jimmy Carter thought it such a bad idea that he urged other nations to reject authorization for force at the UN. Michael Moore opposed NATO’s military intervention in Kosovo. The Nation called it a “careless, cowardly and destructive war.” In the run-up to the 2003 Iraq invasion, in fact, some hawks did exactly what Waldman is doing now. They urged the public to “ignore those who got it all wrong” when they opposed successful military actions in the 1990s.

If accurately forecasting the last war were a reliable guide to accurately forecasting the next one, foreign policy would be a lot simpler. In fact, American history is littered with people who looked prescient one moment and foolish the next: critics of World War I who therefore opposed American entry into World War II; champions of World War II who therefore supported America’s war in Vietnam; champions of the Balkan interventions who therefore supported America’s invasion of Iraq.

The point is that everyone—whether they got the last war right or not—should approach the next one with humility. Everyone should answer for his or her past mistakes but no one should be written out of the debate because of them. Judging by the past century of American foreign policy, it’s precisely when people are most confident history has proven them right that they’re most likely to be wrong.

***

This I know: America has made profound — and far more costly — mistakes at the beginning of virtually every war. The opening months of World War II were a national nightmare, rendered more palatable to the public only through large-scale censorship that sometimes blocked the American people’s knowledge of defeats that cost more lives in one night than America would lose in entire years in Iraq or Afghanistan. In the Korean War, profound diplomatic and intelligence failures led to headlong retreats and mass-scale slaughters of unprepared soldiers. In the Civil War, poor tactics and dreadful leadership almost destroyed the nation less than one century after its founding, as a Union with immense manpower and industrial benefits arguably came within a few improper orders and missed battlefield opportunities from crumbling in the face of the Army of Northern Virginia. The list of horrifying mistakes could go on, but — as I just said — war is hard, the enemy always has a vote, and sometimes only cruel experience can teach us the right lessons…

We are all responsible for our words and actions. Even though my influence is minimal (especially compared to my colleagues posting here on NRO and syndicated nationally) I sometimes agonize over individual words in blog posts. And I still think every day about the choices I made in Iraq. But if I’m responsible — as a supporter of the war from the beginning and a veteran of that same conflict — for what I say and do, so are the victory lappers. And I would not trade places with a group that helped manufacture the “war weariness” that gripped an American public that has, apart from a tiny minority, sacrificed nothing for this conflict and would continue to sacrifice nothing even if we maintained the small force in Iraq necessary to secure our gains.

You helped America leave, and in so doing, you helped waste the sacrifice of those few who served.

Your moral superiority is misplaced.

Your victory lap is grotesque.

***

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul told conservative activists Friday that hawkish Republicans have mistakenly concluded that U.S. military intervention is a sign of American strength…

“Reagan spoken often of peace through strength. I hear that some in our nation, some in our party have forgotten the first part of the sentence,” Paul said. “Peace should be our goal even as we build our strength. Some in my party have distorted the belief of peace through strength into the misguided belief that we should project strength through war.”

***

I think the same questions could be asked of those who supported the Iraq War. You know, were they right in their predictions? Were there weapons of mass destruction there? That’s what the war was sold on. Was democracy easily achievable? Was the war won in 2005, when many of these people said it was won? They didn’t really, I think, understand the civil war that would break out. And what’s going on now — I don’t blame on President Obama. Has he really got the solution? Maybe there is no solution. But I do blame the Iraq War on the chaos that is in the Middle East. I also blame those who are for the Iraq War for emboldening Iran.

***

Via MFP.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 8

phcyemb

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Yep. I didn’t think so. Interesting HA news (rumors) I noticed today on one of the hate on Noah threads someone floated the idea Allah is leaving. Going to Breitbart. Allah hasn’t denied it so it must be true.

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Bluegill, if you check in. I went back to that thread everyone was linking too and I’m kind of looking for a straight up answer to a question. I wouldn’t even ask because I don’t really care about sock-puppets. But frank said some pretty dramatically over the top things trolling on my family. Did you comment as frank before he was banned or not. I’m only asking because that nic answered a question that was posed to you and he answered as you. It’s near impossible to draw any other conclusion from the exchange they linked to. Perhaps you can explain it. And if there is an explanation, I’ll apologize for the lot of us. hawkdriver on June 20, 2014 at 7:50 AM

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Frankly I was surprise she was a no-show.

I doubt she answered Hawkdriver at the end, either.

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 9:23 PM

You and me both. I kept saying to myself she’ll be on the next page. Nope. And what does Hawkdriver expect? Her to say “Yes Hawk I am Frank and I was trolling you”? She’s a liar and will continue to lie. There’ll be no “come to Jesus moment”.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm,..:

Iraq
5h
US and Iraq are negotiating an immunity deal for new US troops on the ground – @MilitaryTimes
Read more on militarytimes.com
===============================

U.S and Iraq talking over legal immunity for troops
Jun. 20, 2014 – 03:10PM
***********************

The U.S. and Iraqi governments are revisiting the controversial issue of legal immunity for American troops, the key sticking point that prompted a complete withdraw of troops in 2011.

As the Pentagon prepares to send

up to 575 new troops into Iraq, officials say, talks are underway with the Iraqis to clarify the legal protections for service members working outside the U.S embassy.

“We are pursuing something in writing,” Rear Adm. John Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman, said Friday.
(More…)
==========

canopfor on June 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Feed the kitty…

phcyemb

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Noah loves him some abortion.

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM

cozmo: Yes.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Ronnie Lane & Slim Chance – Flags and Banners

Plonk y’all.

kcewa on June 20, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Noah loves him some abortion.

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Yep. I noticed that. His wife isn’t due till the fall.

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 9:33 PM

dcvk you aeburkn et out

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:30 PM

rkchhy quksteom jcrg

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Storm is over here. Winston got caught. He’s soaking wet.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM

In fact I believe the spittle mouthing was started in part here.

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:30 PM

That better be a lie. This place can afford to lose people. Allah isn’t one of them. I promise you traffic will suffer. They need to pay his a$$ more money if necessary.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

canopfor on June 20, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Accidental. I should have played the lottery. I didn’t sit and watch the eagles all day like some but I went there this afternoon and seconds later I saw the last one fly away.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 9:14 PM

COL: Technically,….kinda,…..Serendipity:0

canopfor on June 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

They are not interested in democracy, let alone representative republics. Some of them may be of course, can’t say everybody about anything, but clearly the majority….and the guys with the guns…aren’t interested.

Diluculo on June 20, 2014 at 9:30 PM

But, you know, People did go out to vote in droves braving the chance of being killed. Don’t assume the people want the same thing as the “leaders”.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

rkchhy quksteom jcrg

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Alright. I’ll bite. WTF is that, some new acronym language, or anti-troll code?

Diluculo on June 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Spawn finding food over there? Any cool news?

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Ha!

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Noah loves him some abortion.

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Yep. I noticed that. His wife isn’t due till the fall.

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM

What’d he say?

kcewa on June 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM

anti-troll code?

Diluculo on June 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Anti-troll code.

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Lest I be mistaken, I think three times what he makes here currently was the amount. You understand of course, its all just hearsay.

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Absolutely true, and they were brave for doing it. The leaders let them think it was going to make a difference without getting rid of the barbaric islamist crap though. They’ll never get anywhere until they wake up about that one.

Diluculo on June 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM

. hawkdriver on June 20, 2014 at 7:50 AM

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

She has so many socks she gets them mixed up some times…

Some people are just that way. I don’t understand it, but I don’t wish to demean them. A man who cuts off his parts and then tries to live as a woman is just that, but he is not a woman. I wish people the best, but do not agree that we should pretend like they are something they’re not.

bluegill on May 31, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Not trying to demean anyone. Just surgery is serious stuff.

terryannonline on May 31, 2014 at 11:31 AM

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

cat_owner on June 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Noah loves him some abortion.

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Yep. I noticed that. His wife isn’t due till the fall.

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM

What’d he say?

kcewa on June 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM

That he loves the protections of Roe v Wade.

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:43 PM

What’d he say?

kcewa on June 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Sorry. You’ll have to read the threads for yourself. You might want to check tweety as well.

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Ehhh. This place has gone to hell anyway. What’s one more thing?

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Please tell me you aren’t saying she’s that sweet Terryann!

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM

That he loves the protections of Roe v Wade.

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Wow.

kcewa on June 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM

We are really getting hammered here. The elm tree next door was just hit by lightning...

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

She absolutely is a liar who cannot be trusted. Can’t say she won’t ever change, but I wouldn’t count on it any time in the near future. =)

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Wow. Are you in the basement?

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Did Hagfish show up in any threads today?

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Be safe, OC!

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Wow. Are you in the basement?

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Nope, on the front porch when it happened…

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Paul me once, shame on pop.
Paul me twice, shame on me.
lol…

abobo on June 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Did Hagfish show up in any threads today?

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM

The one Bmore linked to.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Civil war my ass. Rand you are not ready for prime time.

can_con on June 20, 2014 at 9:04 PM

No more that the lefties taking “victory laps” are. They sound like Ted Kennedy and his clique’ did when Saigon fell. (Yes, I’m an old fart with a long memory.)

This is the inevitable result, not of GWB, but David Lloyd George, Alexandre Millerand, and the other European leaders who, in taking their “victory lap” after the Great War, tried to play Metternich in the Mideast. (Never mind that it had failed miserably when Metternich himself tried it in Europe a generation earlier.)

They divided the region up, not along the natural lines established by the people living there (who other than Islam didn’t have much in common or even much affection for each other), but on the basis of where each European state’s “interests” were.

Iraq (then called Mesopotamia) was basically created from four different ethnic/tribal enclaves because Britain “owned” it. And they ended up with Persia as well, it being about the only area that was ethnically and largely religiously homogeneous. (The Persians dd not consider themselves Arabs. The Arabs were OK with that, as they never liked the Persians going back long before the Prophet.)

Britain mainly “wanted” Persia less than they ended up with it by default, because they wanted the new Soviet Union not to have it- and its oil. And it must be said that the area they ended up with took in most of the original (pre-Islamic, Zoroastrian)”Empire of Iran and Non-Iran”.

The Persians were so grateful that they changed the name back to “Iran” (“Land of the Aryans”) when that term became popular in …Germany. And when the war resumed in 1939, guess who they allied themselves with? (To the point of having one Imam become a senior SS officer and even forming their own SS PzGr division. Anti-Semitism made for strange bedfellows even in those days.)

The major group that got the shaft was the Kurds. They had lived in the northern parts of “Iraq” for centuries, and the fact that both Persians and Arabs considered them lower than pond scum they considered a compliment, because the feeling was (and is) mutual. (Trivia note; Saladin, who gave the Crusaders so much grief, was a Kurd.)

The “redrawing” put half of the Kurds in “Iraq”, a third in Syria, and the rest in Turkey. The Turkish government was in no position to complain, having been on the losing side, and besides, they wanted the land.

As for Israel, see “Balfour Declaration”. The British were committed to a Jewish homeland in the original land of Israel from the 1890s on. They codified it in 1917- and changed their minds in 1939, when Chamberlain, Hoare, and Company decided they needed the Arabs to support them against Germany again. (Were they in for a surprise.)

The modern MidEast was created by the European colonial powers as a series of “multi-ethnic” states which they believed would be “multicultural”, and thus less fractious and therefore more easily controlled.

What they got were a series of pressure-cookers that tend to blow up like IEDs when everyone least expects it. The only exception being …Israel, which the Europeans and our own “progressives” now hate on general principles.

In the end, I expect all of this to shake out with the old boundaries of tribes, ethnic groups, etc., being re-established, by force. Theirs- not ours.

The difference is, this time around, those ancient “reborn states” will have not just their ancient rivalries, but will also have WMDs.

A lot of WMDs.

I do not expect this to end well, but it didn’t start that way, either.

clear ether

eon

eon on June 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM

The one Bmore linked to.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM

I’ll have to go back and find it. I have been on the front porch so I missed a lot of comments…

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Storm is over here. Winston got caught. He’s soaking wet.
crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I have a link for that, but it’s very risque, COL… o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 9:48 PM

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Please tell me you aren’t saying she’s that sweet Terryann!

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I’m telling you that she posted something as bluegill, then semi apologized as Terryann. She was having a fake conversation with Terryann, and lost track of which sock was which.

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:49 PM

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Oh MG!! Please stay safe OC!

Scrumpy on June 20, 2014 at 9:50 PM

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM

You’re wearing the brown britches, yes?

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Absolutely. Besides that, he’s not really suited to Breitbart. The articles there are more news based. cat_owner on June 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Are you kidding? AP shreds news like nobodys business. These qotd’s don’t magically appear.

The dude is on it,, everyday.

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 9:51 PM

As a veteran married to a veteran I have not seen a conflict yet that is appropriate for deploying troops under Obama’s judgment and authority. I think this is the best use of force policy until at least 2016.

jedifinance on June 20, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Nice history eon. Are you a teacher? I do remember hearing that Saudi Arabia was given to that family although they were supporters of Hitler and switched sides when it became expedient.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Spawn leaves Prague for Vienna tomm.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Terryann is pro-amnesty.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM

While Our Border Burns

On Wednesday, Brett McGurk, the senior State Department official responsible for policy on Iraq, met in Baghdad at the home of Ahmed Chalabi, the former exile leader who was supported by neoconservatives inside the Bush administration before the Iraq war.

I repeat: Ahmed Chalabi? Chalabi is by most accounts an agent of Iranian influence. He is a conman for sure, and in more ways than one. He conned ‘cons (neocons) into thinking the shadowy ex-pat would return to Iraq as “our man in Baghdad” by popular demand. Evidence indicates he was really Iran’s man in Baghdad, or, rather, one of them.

To reacquaint ourselves with Chalabi, here’s a 2007 description of him from Mugged by Reality by John Agresto, a singularly sharp-eyed critic of US policy in Iraq. It captures the futility and insanity of dealing with a character as “patently self-aggrandizing and manipulatively self-interested” as Chalabi was and is.

Why aren’t the American people in a spade and pitchfork uproar that Washington cares more about Iraq’s sovereignty than our own?

VorDaj on June 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Why should we choose a side,

Well… Rand… one side is Al Qaeda. And they have bases, missiles, tanks, F16s, and money.

faraway on June 20, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I’ll throw this thread out for your humble review while I read this threads quotes.

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM

umm… I forgot, they also have WMDs. Remember those?

faraway on June 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM

VorDaj on June 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM

What? When the Kardashians and Snookie & J wow are on? Are you insane? Then there’s TMZ prolly.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM

VorDaj on June 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Because the media is focusing on Iraq.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Spawn leaves Prague for Vienna tomm.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I hope he appreciates this journey he’s on. What a wonderful opportunity.

kcewa on June 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Spawn leaves Prague for Vienna tomm.
annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM

He’s halfway done already, ALT?? And he’s working his way westward!

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Terryann is pro-amnesty.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM

What is your point? Do you think bluegill actually believes anything she posts here? She is either a Media Matter’s paid troll, or one seriously mentally challenged individual. Absolutely nothing about her, if she even is a her, is what she claims it is.

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Oh MG!! Please stay safe OC!

Scrumpy on June 20, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Thanks, keep us in prayer. It is still pounding us…

You’re wearing the brown britches, yes?

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Heh…

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Spawn leaves Prague for Vienna tomm.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Tell him to bring you some chocolate.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM

kcewa on June 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM

He’s lovin’ in-in no small part because 20 year olds can drink over there. LoL
This year-I helped him plan his trip.
Next year-he can help me plan MY trip.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Good exposition, eon. I doubt most, even here, are aware of how marvelously explosive the attempt to partition what was then ‘the Caliphate’ would turn out to be, but I think it was inevitable. The hard rain has just begun to fall.

DemetriusPhalerum on June 20, 2014 at 9:59 PM

BTO- Takin Care of Business

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Hey OC,, you are surrounded by yellow boxes..

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Would Noah tweet that about HA?

Is Allahpundit gonna leave?

I guess time will tell…

Strange exchange :)

But without any real proof, I say false flags…

Scrumpy on June 20, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Thanks, keep us in prayer. It is still pounding us…

You have yellow boxes not red ones.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Vienna tomm(it’s actually around 0400 Saturday there), Basel on Wednesday, and Durham on Sat in a week and for the next month.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Hey OC,, you are surrounded by yellow boxes..

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 9:59 PM

The thunder is louder than hell, you can feel it in your throat…

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I know what Bluegill is. I had her pegged for an OFA/MM operative years ago. One reason I scroll past her nonsense. But that sweet Terryann has a blog. Dude if she’s (Terryann) a hag-type fish I want you to shoot me now.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I am very glad that your son is having this eye-opening trip!

He sounds like a good son alt :)

Scrumpy on June 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM

What are yellow boxes?

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM

It doesn’t matter. Her intent is to get people banned. She gets away with things other people don’t and she succeeds.

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM

eon on June 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Speaking of Jew -hatred-my son looks Jewish…and Austria still hasn’t come to terms with its participation in the Shoah.
I’ve warned him to keep alert

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Doc Holliday, you still here this evening?

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I have ancestors from Durham County.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

The thunder is louder than hell, you can feel it in your throat…

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Right overhead then OC wow!!

Scrumpy on June 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Scrumpy on June 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM

He a definite Mensch. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I’m trying to follow this and write at the same time. How does thatsafact do it?

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Underrated………..

williamg on June 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Outstanding.
My few Christian ancestors were from somewhere in Scotland.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM

She’s completely flippin’ nuts, not a paid troll in my opinion. =)

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM

How does thatsafact do it?

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Minions

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM

AFK_________________________________________________>

Scrumpy on June 20, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I’ve read a number of Noah’s articles and tweets today and must say I’m beginning to have my doubts about this particular Pajama Boy Experiment.

ROCnPhilly on June 20, 2014 at 10:05 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

One word: Hummels

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 10:05 PM

What are yellow boxes?
OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Usually, weather watches, OC; red boxes are warnings.

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM

The thunder is louder than hell, you can feel it in your throat…
OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM

How deeply have Ratso and Kitten buried themselves?

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Usually, weather watches, OC; red boxes are warnings.

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM

This is a very intense storm, I’d hate to see what red boxes would be like…

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 10:09 PM

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM

She’s completely flippin’ nuts, not a paid troll in my opinion. =)

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I vote for nuts. She has one sock for every voice in her head.

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2014 at 10:09 PM

l throw this thread out for your humble review while I read this threads quotes. Bmore on June 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Holy cow. I missed that mess.

wolly4321 on June 20, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Doc Holliday, you still here this evening?

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I’m here.
Just tired and therefor mostly lurking…:)

Doc Holliday on June 20, 2014 at 10:12 PM

This is a very intense storm, I’d hate to see what red boxes would be like…

OmahaConservative on June 20, 2014 at 10:09 PM

A master understatement, my friend.

You have three choices, OC: Click here, or here or here

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM

She’s completely flippin’ nuts, not a paid troll in my opinion. =)

non-nonpartisan on June 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Lemme ask you: You’re an OFA/MM troll. Paid or unpaid. Would a sane person do that? Sane in the conventional sense that is. Let’s look at coolrethuglica or KochForBrains. Are they capable of flashes of intelligence? Sure. You cannot be intelligent and vote democrat. Plain and simple. Democrats appeal to baser emotions. Nothing more. UNLESS you’re in the upper power-structure and those types do not “troll”. They havent the time.

Judge_Dredd on June 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM

oscarwilde on June 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM

OMG. I decided to drop by here and check out how I was being badmouthed tonight, and you people didn’t disappoint.

To person who used screen name “SWalker” (banned commenter who now uses name oscarwilde): I believe every single word I post. Maybe it’s hard for some to understand how someone wouldn’t be interested in brown nosing the usual little clique here of regular commenters, but I say what I mean and mean what I say. Deal.

Have a nice day. Have things to do!

bluegill on June 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM

The humidity is 88% here.

crankyoldlady on June 20, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Stevie Ray Vaughan – Pride and Joy

lineholder on June 20, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Well, that didn’t take long…

Be careful, Oscar…someone’s got their eye on you

Newtie and the Beauty on June 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM

bluegill on June 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM

you crk cm ebmorcmt wortdhkss pekik oa hyemb ircptoo stupen to rkchezk fust dow dctkn you crk

cozmo on June 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM