Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Amy Alkon, Gabriel Malor

posted at 2:51 pm on June 19, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Today on The Ed Morrissey Show (4 pm ET), we have another great lineup for the news of the day!

The Ed Morrissey Show and its dynamic chatroom can be seen on the permanent TEMS page. Be sure to join us, and don’t forget to keep up with the debate on my Facebook page, too!

Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream

Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream

Keep praying that Marizela Perez will be found, and peace brought to her family.

Comments

With all the attractive female guests you draw your show needs to be on TV Ed.

ConstantineXI on June 19, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Don’t get me wrong. I like the photo. But… what?

John the Libertarian on June 19, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Good call, Constantine.

John the Libertarian on June 19, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Hello, Amy.

22044 on June 19, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Don’t get me wrong. I like the photo. But… what?

Is that Malor?

Blacksheep on June 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Uhhh . . . . . . . never mind.

listens2glenn on June 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Is that Malor?

Blacksheep on June 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I think it’s the Generalissimo. Doesn’t look that bad for someone who fought in the Spanish Civil War in the 1930s.

bw222 on June 19, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Why do the conservative women always wear goofy costumes? What am I missing here besides a Y chromosome?

Fallon on June 19, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Ed,as a fellow Catholic thank you for not putting such pictures adjacent to your Sunday Gospel posts. Makes it hard to, ummm, concentrate

GreenBlade on June 19, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Is that a fly swatter in your hand, or are you annoyed to see me?

NotCoach on June 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I’m glad I didn’t opine before I researched, via the interwebs, Amy Alkon and looked at images of her. She wrote a book entitled I See Rude People: One Woman’s Battle to Beat Some Manners Into Impolite Society yet had to endure stuff like this (via wikipedia):

In 2011, Alkon was threatened with a defamation suit with damages of half a million US dollars by a TSA agent who Alkon alleges forced the side of her gloved hand into Alkon’s vagina four times through her underwear.[4] The agent, Thedala Magee, claimed that describing such an act as ‘rape’ constituted defamation, and that Alkon had described her as a ‘bad person’ for behaving in such a manner.[5] She is being defended by First Amendment attorney, Marc Randazza.

In a second incident, in November 2012, Alkon complained that a TSA agent “ran her hands, most disgustingly, all over my body, grazing my labia and touching my breasts and inside my turtleneck on my bare skin.” She protested that it was unnecessary to search her at all, since she had been in New York for the National Book Awards and had had lunch with her agent.[6]

She has very pale skin.

ExpressoBold on June 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

What am I missing here besides a Y chromosome?

Fallon on June 19, 2014 at 3:44 PM

You had to go there, didn’t you? Luckily, I resisted and did some “research, via the interwebs” on Miss Amy and now I don’t look like a jerk… but for the grace of restraint decorum, I looked for gender-specific clues and I declare her XX.

ExpressoBold on June 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I looked for gender-specific clues and I declare her XX.

ExpressoBold on June 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Can’t stop laughing. Oh dear, you misunderstood me. I was saying that, as a woman myself (missing the Y chromosome), I don’t get why guys drool over women dressed like that. Yesterday, the gal looked like she was part of the B-52′s and all the guys were saying hubba-hubba…

EB, you own the gender questioning all by yourself, lol, but now that you mention it… lol, just kidding.

Fallon on June 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM

“Swat me harder baby, harder!”

otlset on June 19, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Fallon on June 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM

**** aw cr@p **** :-(
I apologize…

ExpressoBold on June 19, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Fallon on June 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM

**** aw cr@p **** :-(
I apologize…

ExpressoBold on June 19, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I never comment on these threads anymore. Its not because I don’t like the Ladies.

Bmore on June 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I never comment on these threads anymore.

Bmore on June 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM