Hillary: There’s more to find on Benghazi and the IRS

posted at 8:01 am on June 18, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Who knew the former Secretary of State was such a fan of getting answers? When Congress tried to get answers about the failures that led to the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, Hillary Clinton infamously erupted in anger, asking “What difference at this point does it make?” Now that she’s preparing a run for the presidency, it apparently makes more difference now than it did then:

There are still too many unanswered questions about the attacks in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans, former secretary of state Hillary Rodham Clinton said Tuesday, even as she welcomed the capture of a suspected mastermind of the assaults.

“There are answers, not all of them, not enough, frankly,” she said of the September 2012 attacks on a diplomatic and CIA compound that killed Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three others.

“I’m still looking for answers, because it was a confusing and difficult time,” Clinton said.

Her remarks, delivered during a CNN interview in Washington to promote her new book, appeared to lend credence to a central claim by Republicans that there is more to learn about the Benghazi tragedy. The Obama administration has said that after multiple investigations, there is little new to say about the attacks.

It’s also a statement against her own interests, and a sharp change from the past 18 months since the issuance of the Accountability Review Board. Since December 2012, Hillary has insisted that the ARB report was the sine qua non of Benghazi answers, but that report hasn’t convinced many Americans — perhaps because the ARB spent more time avoiding accountability than pursuing it. In this answer, Hillary has thrown away the ARB fig leaf and finally acknowledged that it didn’t provide any comprehensive answers at all, thanks to its relentless focus on everyone below the level of the actual decision-makers.

That’s not the only investigation Hillary endorsed yesterday, either. During her interview on Fox, Hillary told Greta van Susteren that the probe on the IRS targeting scandal and abuse of power needs to continue, too:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says “the investigation needs to continue” into possible wrongdoing at the IRS — a position that puts her at odds with many fellow Democrats.

In an interview Tuesday night, Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren noted that President Obama has called allegations the IRS targeted conservative groups a “phony scandal.” Van Susteren added a simple question: “Is it a phony scandal?”

“Well, I think that any time the IRS is involved, for many people, it’s a real scandal,” Clinton began. “And I think, though, that there are some challenges that rightly need to be made to what is being said, and I assume that the inquiry will continue.”

“So I don’t have the details,” Clinton continued, “but I think what President Obama means is there really wasn’t a lot of evidence there that this was deliberate, but that’s why the investigation needs to continue.”

Hillary tried to salvage the “phony scandal” slam by saying it applies to “the circus” around the scandal, but that’s clearly not what the White House has said about it. Barack Obama went on national TV in February to proclaim that there’s “not even a smidgen of corruption” at the IRS — while Lerner takes the Fifth and the agency loses two years of e-mails related to the targeting practice. In the same interview, Obama also claimed that the White House had already shared all the answers on Benghazi, too. That argument was intended not to criticize “the circus” but to preclude the very investigations that Hillary now endorses, at least nominally.

This is nothing more than Hillary putting distance between herself and Obama … and on Benghazi, between Hillary 2012 and Hillary 2016.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’m beginning to think Hildabeast is as senile as Thad Cochran and Harry “pederast” Reid.

She’s become a worse gaffe machine than Biden. There is no way she is running for President. And even if she is, there is no way she’s winning. Indeed, run or not run. At this point, what difference does it make?

ConstantineXI on June 18, 2014 at 8:04 AM

“You can trust me. I’m not like all of the others…”

bofh on June 18, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Her family needs to talk her out of running. She’s just going to be an embarrassment.

crankyoldlady on June 18, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Not sure how Hillary can run as being in favor of more investigations of Benghazi when she was the individual responsible for it and has already stated on record that there is nothing left to investigate.

Kind of like an old Twilight Zone episode.

Johnnyreb on June 18, 2014 at 8:07 AM

This is but Hillary the perpetual deceiver, moving to the outside of her own administration.

Coming soon, to an interview near you, “Why I was just working for the president–go bother him!

It didn’t work at Nuremburg either Hillary.

Don L on June 18, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Wonder if Hot Air is going to talk about the polling numbers on combat troops in Iraq…the interventionists are about as popular as the “tea party” these days. And what do you know, they are pretty much the same 20% of the population that, for some reason, is treated as if it’s some kind if important majority.

As for this story, *sigh* this was the moment for me. When it sunk in that Hillary is going to president and that she’s learned nothing. Save us Elizabeth Warren…

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Good luck with that. At this point, Hillary may as well just say the hell with it and openly campaign on the platform of her Presidency being her husband’s third term. That and play up her gender in order to sucker the idiots out there who are more preoccupied with making history(again) instead of electing a competent President. Cuz she ain’t getting elected on her own record or personality.

Doughboy on June 18, 2014 at 8:09 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Please do not feed the troll this morning.

Johnnyreb on June 18, 2014 at 8:11 AM

simple, she detests obama and now she is free she can undercut him.
when it would hurt her she was willing to lie, now it can’t hurt her she is willing to say stuff.
notice I didn’t say tell the truth there….

dmacleo on June 18, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Bret even said that the arb didn’t interview her to her face

About dang time

cmsinaz on June 18, 2014 at 8:15 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I wonder when you’ll notice that I linked it yesterday and discussed it in a post, and even noted the poll in a sub-hed on the front page. Alternately, I wonder if you’ll just continue to talk out of your hat as usual.

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM

simple, she detests obama and now she is free she can undercut him.
notice I didn’t say tell the truth there….

dmacleo on June 18, 2014 at 8:13 AM

King Narcissus will not stay silent while his “divine” perfection is thrown under the bus. He isn’t psychologically capable of it.

ConstantineXI on June 18, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Hillary stay home and spoil that new grandbaby

cmsinaz on June 18, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Hillary stay home and spoil that new grandbaby

cmsinaz on June 18, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Is it Hillary’s grandbaby????

[Palin smear tactics in action]

Electrongod on June 18, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Too many threads about this stupid and very annoying woman…

mnjg on June 18, 2014 at 8:24 AM

ConstantineXI on June 18, 2014 at 8:17 AM

true.
so it could get interesting.
the emperor will be forced to put on some clothes.

dmacleo on June 18, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Al Queda,ISIS,and Iran are probably donating to her.They want her elected.

docflash on June 18, 2014 at 8:24 AM

The most powerful woman in… where again?

MT on June 18, 2014 at 8:26 AM

The Clintons and their clan invented triangulation.

Oh, and Ed, the enslaved one will continue to talk out of his bottom hole as usual.

Steve Eggleston on June 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Really Ed? “Discussed it in a post?” As any regular reader of the site knows, you have no problem putting poll numbers in blog titles, when those numbers advance your ideology. Oddly, that didn’t happen here. No one reads every post on the site, and to say I’m being negligent in my reading because I didn’t catch the paragraph *within* a post where you dealt with polling numbers on Iraq, is doing too much. As for sub-headlines, they move from the front page to the back page pretty quickly. If I didn’t have to time to search through the dozens of posts about Iraq here in the last few days, I certainly don’t now. But you should try and acknowledge that the week of conservative haranguing and complaining about Iraq has been met by the nation with indifference. A fact that anyone could have predicted as support for foreign policy isolation has been among the most consistent and bipartisan points of agreement among the American people since the 2006 midterms. Which must be a tough thing for neoconservatives to accept I know, but don’t get mad at me for it.

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Alternately, I wonder if you’ll just continue to talk out of your hat as usual.

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM

lol.

Teacher takes class clown to hallway by ear.

Film at 11.

hawkdriver on June 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Alternately, I wonder if you’ll just continue to talk out of your hat as usual.

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Advantage: Morrisey.

bernzright777 on June 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Hillary has thrown away the ARB fig leaf …

Must. Erase. Mental. Picture.

KS Rex on June 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Hillary is attempting to throw Obama and his administration under the bus. She must have judged (perhaps correctly) that the best tactical move is to divorce herself from this administration so she can restore “honor” to the Democratic party. Surely, though, Obama must have some dirt on her as well.

I hope this is a sign of more to come. Watching the left eat itself will be a damned fine show.

TarasBulbous on June 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Bad sentence structure lib. Must be that Harvard education.

bernzright777 on June 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM

There’s more to find on Benghazi and the IRS - Nixon wishes he would have thought of a similar line.

There’s never been a time in the last twenty years when the left wanted to get to the important business of running the country. They aren’t interested in the nation’s business. They have more important interests like promoting homo marriage, dividing the races, and being in a perpetual state of outrage over the name of a football team.

iamsaved on June 18, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Heh EG…..nice

cmsinaz on June 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Brainfree is a delusional and dishonest little pr!ck who attempts to change the subject in every thread he posts on. Someone so stupid as to post the following (and never have the courage or integrity to support or apologize for it) needs to be banned already. He needs more time to himself to smoke pot.

Here’s a simple question for you. Which of the founding fathers did not subscribe to the communitarian ethos Calhoun deploys to rationalize slavery? *sets sundial*

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

None. They weren’t nascent Commies like John C. Calhoun, and full blown Commies like you. Don’t you think you need to provide some proof for such a ridiculous smear there Mr. Calhoun? You’re a history perfesser, right?

NotCoach on August 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

NotCoach on June 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Bad sentence structure lib. Must be that Harvard education.

bernzright777 on June 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM

What an odd thing to say on a casual discussion board. But, also, Harvard? Who told you that. I swear the stories people tell themselves about me on here.

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Al Queda,ISIS,and Iran are probably donating to her.They want her elected.

docflash on June 18, 2014 at 8:24 AM

The ChiComms funded her husband’s elections.

ConstantineXI on June 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM

You think you can dismiss obama’s ineptitude because of a poll I take it. That’s basically what you’re saying, right.

You go on about Ed’s intellectual creds while you’re begging for a story to be buried because of a poll. You’re a pathetic as they come and a coward.

I know it’s a touchy thing supporting the worst president in US history, but don’t take it out on the mods here.

hawkdriver on June 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM

And the wheels on the bus go thud-thud-thud….

apostic on June 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Translation: I only read the headlines before commenting. That comes as no surprise to the rest of us.

Hint: Do a search on “PPP” and you’ll find the link. Read past the headline on the post, which was a roundup of news on Iraq, that poll included. Next time, don’t assume I haven’t written about something just because all you do is scan the headlines.

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Now that she’s preparing a run for the presidency, it apparently makes more difference now than it did then.

Because now, her election sycophants and liberal media are on-deck and she can rely on them to protect her.

Tsar of Earth on June 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM

That was pretty good, Ed, but I would’ve typed “azz.”

brentspolemics on June 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM

And the wheels on the bus go thud-thud-thud….

apostic on June 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Hildabeast tries to throw Obama under her bus, whilst Pharaoh Puppy-Muncher’s bus already has those gigantic earth-mover type tires on it by now.

Advantage: Hussein.

ConstantineXI on June 18, 2014 at 8:38 AM

libfree’s “brain” hurts. Actually, correction, it never stopped hurting!

22044 on June 18, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM

From the Party that brought us Low Information Voters, they now introduce: Low Information TROLLS!

ConstantineXI on June 18, 2014 at 8:40 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I guess the need for question marks at the end of questions isn’t a hard, fast rule for you. You overuse commas also.

Where the hell did you go to college?

hawkdriver on June 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM

libfree’s “brain” hurts. Actually, correction, it never stopped hurting!

22044 on June 18, 2014 at 8:40 AM

If there is no brain, can it hurt? Ask Mr. Scarecrow.

ConstantineXI on June 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Hmm, my bad. It must be the simple elitism that you drip with that I associate with ivy league types.

bernzright777 on June 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM

TarasBulbous on June 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM

At least someone’s gonna eat the excrement sandwich.

brentspolemics on June 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM

She was tiptoeing thru the tulips on every answer to Greta or Bret. She was so agreeable with their positions that if they had asked if she thought agw was a hoax, she would have agreed on that, too. There was nothing but moderation coming forth in that interview and this is why her book isn’t selling. She is also still clinging to the video as a partial cause for the attack after everything that has come out. Lord, help us.

Kissmygrits on June 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM

libfreeordie,t!ts on a bull and everyone on this site knows it.

docflash on June 18, 2014 at 8:43 AM

To claim Obama is “inept” on Iraq, is to claim that there was a version of “U.S. invades and occupies Iraq” that would not have ended in civil war. No such world exists unless we did a permanent military occupation.

You go on about Ed’s intellectual creds

*record scratc* No I didn’t.

<blockquote>while you’re begging for a story to be buried because of a poll. You’re a pathetic as they come and a coward.

Literally makes no sense.

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I think that statement describes many HotAir readers. But either way I will refrain from assuming that something hasn’t been “written about” in the future. The general theme of my point remains. The site had a week of headlines decrying the failure in Iraq and buried the lead on poling showing the American people simply don’t share your foreign policy ideology. Whatever “gotcha” moment you’ve had with me here today, that fact is undeniable.

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I still remember those files showing up in the White House personal residence and she had no idea how they go there……FBI files weren’t they?

The fact that people like this don’t get run out of office or shamed into retirement tells us more about OURSELVES as voters than it does about them and their character.

Think about it.

A 1/2-term abortion pushing Senator that happens to be black being elected to the highest office in the Free World? And then being re-elected after 4 years of failure?

Joe Biden, one of the best back-slapping ignorant politicians in decades (the Dan Quayle type dumb of the Democrats) being picked by Obama to be VICE PRESIDENT? And a leading contender, at his age, in 2016?

And Hillary Clinton? A jilted woman married to a great adulterer “owed” her political career being the likely nominee of the Democrats in just two years? A complete failure as Sec State….and can you imagine a woman scorned….in the OVAL OFFICE?

What does that tell us about US?

PappyD61 on June 18, 2014 at 8:45 AM

If there is no brain, can it hurt? Ask Mr. Scarecrow.

ConstantineXI on June 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Whatever’s in that head that used to be his brain.

22044 on June 18, 2014 at 8:45 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Let it go already.

bernzright777 on June 18, 2014 at 8:46 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

LOL. Big Chief Sitting Bull($hit) is an even bigger fraud than Hillary Clinton. And like Hillary, she’s another “trailing spouse” who had to use her more-talented husband (and her own lies about her non-existent Indian heritage) to have a career.

One would think that the “party of women” would be able to offer up candidates more impressive than Dumb and Dumber. But I guess when your female ideal is lifetime-government-dependent “Julia,” it’s not that surprising after all.

AZCoyote on June 18, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Why be surprised that “libfree” like Elizabeth Warren…she’s almost as bat crazy as he is.

22044 on June 18, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Centrist.

Back on earth, I live near Sporting KC and those fans are going nuts around here.

LaughterJones on June 18, 2014 at 8:48 AM

simple, she detests obama and now she is free she can undercut him.
notice I didn’t say tell the truth there….

dmacleo on June 18, 2014 at 8:13 AM

She’s positioning herself as being OUTSIDE the Administration because BIDEN will have to run as the old bald Obama. With all the “summer of recovery” commercials run against him.

Just Progressive political Theater.
Pick your favorite actor, the play will be the same.

PappyD61 on June 18, 2014 at 8:49 AM

When HRC says she wants more answers, she’s saying that she knows these scandals have become a problem for her and her party and may possibly hang around and affect the 2016 election. She wants to satisfy the curiosity of the non-Lefty media so the controversies go away, not necessarily discover truth, release those findings, assign responsibility, and remedy the problems. She was willing to spew the self-serving video-maker bs to a grieving parent as his child’s casket was wheeled past for crying out loud. She’ll say or do anything for personal gain.

ROCnPhilly on June 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Ed, I said don’t feed the troll!

Johnnyreb on June 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM

So why didn’t you answer them? You were responsible. Oh…yeah…someone else needs to answer, not you. I guess neither you or Jugears was ready for that 3am call.

Patriot Vet on June 18, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for enjoying our morning Feeding Of the Troll Show. Please move along to one of the other fine exhibits….

apostic on June 18, 2014 at 8:57 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I didn’t know George Bush started a war in Syria and armed terrorist who eventually overran a relatively stable country he left with a nationally elected leader and constitution. Do you have a link?

Just wow.

You are delusional if you think all of this can be dismissed for obama and laid back at the feet of Bush via liberal rationalization.

Might work on those LIVs who put obama in office. But not us.

hawkdriver on June 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM

bernzright777 on June 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Ha.

There are eight pictures of Hildebeast on the front page. I’m sick of looking at her. This is a pass the popcorn moment. I don’t know if she is senile or just counting on the Democratic/Media thing where the past is an erased white board. I’m going to guess the IRS scandal doesn’t touch her but Benghazi sure does.
Unless Benghazi is so big and her role is minor, there is no way continuing that investigation doesn’t damage her.
I rather have Senile Hilly than Fauxahontas so I’m sticking with popcorn.

ORconservative on June 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Patriot Vet on June 18, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Alternately, I wonder if you’ll just continue to talk out of your hat as usual.

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM

That’s not his hat, but it’s where his brains are.

CurtZHP on June 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM

crankyoldlady on June 18, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Silly gal, Clinton’s have no shame and can’t be embarrassed. The drunken shrew will run even when the entire dem-o-rat party turns on her.

DeweyWins on June 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Yeah, and she and O.J. Simpson will get it done.

rlwo2008 on June 18, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Above libfree is swearing allegiance to Fauxcahontus because an article was posted about Hillary seemingly wanting to get to the bottom of the IRS scandal and more importantly Benghazi. (At least to some degree to make it appear as if she really cared). Now, he’d prefer that information to be buried. He also seemingly, doesn’t think a poll about US opinion on military intervention got enough attention. His basic point; no one cares about Iraq and so please stop talking about that story. He obviously wants news from Iraq, buried.

He’s begging for news that supports his positions and wants news that makes obama look bad suppressed.

Does anyone else see the irony?

hawkdriver on June 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Also …

libfree, You can’t write in the future. You can only write in the present.

hths

hawkdriver on June 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I am so disgusted with the constant coverage Hillary is getting all across the media. Is is as though everyone both GOP and Democrat are out there promoting her for president! They will take a poll now and show how all the Americans want her–no Republican mentioned just Hillary 24/7–of course the polls will show her as #1 choice! The sheeple are so easily controlled!

AnnaS on June 18, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I really don’t think she did that well. Actually answered only a few questions directly and just said talking points for alot of it

ConservativePartyNow on June 18, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Does anyone else see the irony?

hawkdriver on June 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2014 at 9:22 AM

hawkdriver on June 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I knew you would. It was rhetorical for the smart guys. :-)

hawkdriver on June 18, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Irony my shirt, Hillary!

LOL

Poor Bill’s Hill:

It’s raining;
It’s pouring.
Hillary is snoring.
She went to bed and bumped her head,
And she didn’t make sense in the morning.

Fallon on June 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Expect the unexpected from this political harpy. Soon, as I predicted, she will roll on Obama as her announcement gets closer. She has no choice, and cannot be tied to his failures.

She’s already acting as if she were not even there before Benghazi happened or the night they watched 4 soldiers die on the embassy live feeds.

HopeHeFails on June 18, 2014 at 9:47 AM

A troll trolling for votes. Let the games begin!

vnvet on June 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Pharaoh Puppy-Muncher

Epic.

Eric in Hollywood on June 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM

As I recall, Glenn Smith’s mother was cut out of the loop of information because she wasn’t considered “next of kin” by YOUR administration, Hillary. How is THAT, as you say, “consolable?”

Amazing how she’s all about getting to the TRUTH–but while under oath, it’s “WHAT DIFFERENCE AT THIS POINT DOES IT MAKE?”

How nauseating she is!

Armyspouse on June 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Baby killin witch…..

crosshugger on June 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM

LOL

And another thread where brainfreeordie and his army of strawmen got obliterated by Ed and his flamethrower.

HumpBot Salvation on June 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Hey MooooooonBat!! whats this?

H.R.4655
Public Law: 105-338 (10/31/98)
SPONSOR: Rep Gilman (introduced 09/29/98)

(REVISED AS OF 10/05/98 — Passed House, amended)
Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 – Declares that it should be the policy of the United States to seek to remove the Saddam Hussein regime from power in Iraq and to replace it with a democratic government.

and who signed it??????

Before George Bush decided to even RUN for president!!!!

One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line.”
–President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

“If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction program.”
–President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

“Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face.”
–Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

“He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983.”
–Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

“[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.”
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
– Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

“Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.”

-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
“Hussein has … chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies.”
– Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

DOES YOUR BUM EVER GET JEALOUS FROM ALL THE CRAP THAT COMES OUTA YOUR MOUTH?

billofrights on June 18, 2014 at 10:31 AM

We are in Iraq today because of Jimmy Carters ineptness!!!!…he allowed Iran to fall into the Mullahs hands by not propping up the Shah….which in turned destabilized Iraq which we had to prop up?????…The Iraq war started…when Iraq invaded Kuwait…IT NEVER ENDED????????????????????

THERE WAS A CEASE FIRE WHICH WAS CONTINUALLY VIOLATED??? AND THEN 9/11

MY 5TH GRADER KNOWS THIS HISTORY…WHY CANT LIBERALS?

billofrights on June 18, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Rats.

Sinking.

You know the drill.

formwiz on June 18, 2014 at 10:44 AM

LOL

HumpBot Salvation on June 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Ed left to resume doing meaningful stuff, but not before sending me back to the supply trailer to get another 500′ spool of troll rope.

I think he wants us to play here for a bit. He must be working on something big. You know. For the future.

Tsar of Earth on June 18, 2014 at 10:56 AM

But, but, but … didn’t she criticize the House hearings on Benghazi as a political sham?

LashRambo on June 18, 2014 at 10:57 AM

“You can trust me. I’m not like all of the others…”

bofh

+1000

Ms. Contrarian Scientist on June 18, 2014 at 10:59 AM

billofrights on June 18, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Excellent! Thank you for doing this!

Ms. Contrarian Scientist on June 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Maybe Hillary knows something we don’t about the Benghazi thing – that, like the IRS scandal, the directive to not support the embassy came from the Whitehouse instead of State.

New post-book-flop campaign strategery?

Tsar of Earth on June 18, 2014 at 11:04 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM

So you are supporting Pat Buchanan in the next election?

Huckabye-Romney on June 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Lady MacBeth plunges a dagger into King Duncan’s back.

Esaus Message on June 18, 2014 at 11:21 AM

its important to describe the house in Benghazi as what it was….its was NOT…an embassy….it was not a consulate…it was a “Mission”…as described in official documents….The US Embassy is in Tripoli!!!????

Benghazi..was/is the center for terrorists…. the same terrorists who are now marching towards Bagdad. Hilary,Stevens and the CIA were running guns to the same people who are now bombing and killing Iraqs!!!

billofrights on June 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Hey, libfreeordie, it’s ok to criticize Obama for being a warmonger. You know you want to do it.

No no no, you’ve got it all wrong. libfreeordie doesn’t give a flying f*ck about warmongering, or state sanctioned violence against brown people. He is a Liberal/Progressive. His hypocrisy knows no bounds, and he has no real principles. His entire ethos revolves around an infantile and juvenile impulse to denigrate the U.S. And the best way to do that is to keep Democrats looking as good as possible, which, in this case, involves removing all agency and culpability from THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD.

TarasBulbous on June 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Here’s the rub about Obama: libs need to decide that he is either the most consequential president evah based on his legislation and policies or simply can’t get anything done as the victim of a recalcitrant and obstructionist GOP.

Of course, if you accept the former, then you have to look at the results of said legislation and policies. The only sane conclusion you can then reach is that he is incompetent.

To take the other tack and espouse the latter is to deny his deity and post-partisan street cred. He is, after all, the one we have been waiting for. Paints him as simply another hack that can’t get anything done.

Must be so tough for them to live with the incongruity day in and day out. Was the same with their Bush Derangement Syndrome – he was a retarded monkey while simultaneously living as a criminal mastermind bending people and buildings as it were to his will.

Huckabye-Romney on June 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I mean, I’m sure he was/would have been totally fine with Clinton blowing up an aspirin factory (or was it a baby food factory?) with a 90s-era cruise missile. Doesn’t matter if it gets Lewinsky off the front page.

TarasBulbous on June 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

As for this comment, *sigh* this was the moment for me. When it sunk in that liberals really and truly are stuck on stupid.

dominigan on June 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Yep, and here’s another NEOCON interventionist calling for bombs:

Obama’s Favorite Think Tank: We Should Prepare to Bomb Iraq

The Center for American Progress, a think tank with close ties to the White House, will come out today in support of preparing for limited U.S. air strikes in Iraq.

slickwillie2001 on June 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Found out that Am. Stevens requested a C-130 and military support 1 month before the attack took place in Benghazi. This support was denied by the State-Department. Also found out that the Al Qaeda attackers had stolen the Consulate’s cell-phones and were talking directly to their leaders during the attack. The C.I.A. were recording and knew immediately who the leaders and participants were. (Remember how the President and Hilary went on for two weeks that this attack was caused by a video-tape ?) Also found out that an Air Force C-17 cargo plane was four and 1/2 hours from the Benghazi airport. Major Eric Stahl said that they could have picked up Am. Stevens and the C.I.A. personnel before the final attack. They never received orders to do so. Instead they were diverted to Tripoli.

Bugdust172 on June 18, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Save us Elizabeth Warren…

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Yes, save us Elizabeth Warren. You are our only hope. What with your vast experience in foreign policy acting as the intermediary between the Great Father in Washington and the tribal councils of the Cherokee, only you can guide us through the turbulence generated by men such Putin, Assad and all of the assorted Mohammeds that plague us.

Dude, it would actually make you sound more hopeful, sane and credible if you merely said, “We’re doomed!” instead of appealing to the Mighty Fauxahontas.

dreadnought62 on June 18, 2014 at 1:39 PM

NotCoach on August 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

NotCoach on June 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Are we gonna have a birthday party on the one-year anniversary?

Maddie on June 18, 2014 at 2:02 PM

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Ed Morrissey on June 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Ed, libfree is purely a troll. There are some others here like him, too. They aren’t hard to identify. All they do is put people like you and me down. They never argue constructively, because they lack the interest. They only care about causing disruption. They are negatively impacting the enjoyment of other users, the majority of whom do argue in good faith.

Why are such poor guests, who would rather insult others than contribute positively, even allowed to post here? Personally, I think you should put them on a tighter leash, moderation-wise.

non-nonpartisan on June 18, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Save us Elizabeth Warren…

libfreeordie on June 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Voting for an Old White Woman? She’s only a year younger than Hillary is.

Del Dolemonte on June 18, 2014 at 5:44 PM

In reminded of an old Far Side cartoon, where a bear is on the cross hairs of a rifle scope, and he’s grinning sheepishly and trying to point to another bear instead.

She’ll be all for ‘welcoming’ an investigation … until it starts getting close to her.

There Goes the Neighborhood on June 18, 2014 at 7:37 PM