On like Donkey Kong: Co-hosting “The Independents” tonight on Fox Business

posted at 8:11 pm on June 11, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

I’m co-hosting “The Independents” on Fox Business at 9 p.m. tonight, subbing for the lovely and totally rad Kennedy. Today’s Me is honored and excited, and somewhere, 1994 Mary Katharine is all SQUEE.

Find out how many detainees Ron Paul would have released for Bergdahl! Who does Rep. Justin Amash like for leadership? See Chris Moody’s hair! And, I get my own segment— “Going HAM.” Because I’m hard. Obvi. Matt Welch runs down the show.

As befits tradition, Red Meat Wednesday is back with a KABOOM! (Don’t ask how red meat explodes, just work with me.) Kicking off the show is the right honorable libertarian gentleman Ron Paul, who will likely talk about how much he misses Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va., though not for long), and also what we’ve learned from today’s Bowe Bergdahl congressional hearings with Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel. Batting second is Yahoo News political reporter Chris Moody, who will hopefully unravel the mystery of who is David Brat, and why exactly did he win. Cleanup is Ron Paul 2.0 Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.), who knows a thing or two about running primary elections against the Chamber of Commerce. And rounding out the Cantor-Commentary is FreedomWorks President/CEO Matt Kibbe, who will exclusively reveal whether he had to Google how to pronounce Brat’s name correctly last night.

Party Panel tonight is Red Eye co-host Andy Levy and NASCAR-loving Fox News correspondent Dagen McDowell,

In the meantime, please enjoy this very important debate from last night’s “Red Eye” on toys of the ’80s during which we discover only I was actually a child of the ’80s. So, you should only trust me. Click to watch this all-estrogen panel (Hi, Andy):

Bp2TJBWIQAAuhcM

Picture via Morgan Cody.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Cheese Wheel on June 11, 2014 at 9:40 PM

LOL! Too harsh?

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Not at all. I want to have your baby and I’m a guy!

Cheese Wheel on June 11, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Nothing beats what I got for Christmas when I was 8. A Johnny Reb Cannon that fired a round plastic cannon ball and Mattel Thompson sub machine gun that fired roll caps.

I had the Sgt Stryker army helmet and cap gun .45. I was THE best tricked out play war fighter on my block.

I can still smell the roll caps after unleashing a full burst of 20 rounds. Smoke hanging in the air… the look on my friends faces as I swept them while firing…. It was a harbinger of things to come when I reached adulthood and the money to buy the real deal.

44Magnum on June 11, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Lourdes on June 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM

You see that as a compliment? There is a hisory.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM

wolly4321 on June 11, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I am interested in all the states who have Dept. of Children’s Services that are so flush with money and personnel that they can take care of tens of thousands of non citizen children.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 10:39 PM

44Magnum on June 11, 2014 at 10:34 PM

I have some funny Christmas pictures of me holding my brand new baby doll with my six shooters firmly strapped on my hips and cowboy hat on my head.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Cheese Wheel on June 11, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Ahhhh, I am truly touched.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 10:47 PM

am interested in all the states who have Dept. of Children’s Services that are so flush with money and personnel that they can take care of tens of thousands of non citizen children. Cindy Munford on June 11, 2

As I understand it, it’s not State money. It’s Fed money going to private contractors. At least in this case. It would be fed money for the military bases, too.

They are trying to remove that argument/ legal standing.

Can’t sue without standing.

wolly4321 on June 11, 2014 at 10:58 PM

wolly4321 on June 11, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I’ll let the folks who are 17 billion in debt being financially responsible but they can’t keep them on bases forever. They will be accused of imprisoning them. Now there is nothing I like better than The Won falling flat on his face but I don’t want kids hurt. The sooner they go home, the better.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Sigh. For the record, my job at HotAir requires me to post about 10 blog posts a week. There are reasons for that. One, I’m a new mom who negotiated a contract that would allow me to take care of my child. Two, I do a ton of other things, including radio appearances and 3-5 TV appearances a week promoting HotAir. Three, as such, I was never meant to serve in the same capacity as Allah or Ed or Erika have faithfully and tirelessly served the site (and I love them for it!). This has always been clear to Allah, Ed, and Erika, but is apparently unclear to some of our readers. So, there it is. If you have a problem with it, take it up with my boss. And my daughter, who might be tougher than my boss.

Mary Katharine Ham on June 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Sigh. For the record, my job at HotAir requires me to post about 10 blog posts a week. There are reasons for that. One, I’m a new mom who negotiated a contract that would allow me to take care of my child. Two, I do a ton of other things, including radio appearances and 3-5 TV appearances a week promoting HotAir. Three, as such, I was never meant to serve in the same capacity as Allah or Ed or Erika have faithfully and tirelessly served the site (and I love them for it!). This has always been clear to Allah, Ed, and Erika, but is apparently unclear to some of our readers reader. So, there it is. If you have a problem with it, take it up with my boss. And my daughter, who might be tougher than my boss.

Mary Katharine Ham on June 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Could you use your vast influence to suggest that Red Eye should be on earlier? I’m old.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Mary Katharine Ham on June 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I’m ashamed that you even had to post this. Social tact and common courtesy is missing in some of our posters.

gophergirl on June 11, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Mary Katharine Ham on June 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Say, Mary Katharine, you don’t happen to get that glorious hammer with this part time gig, do ya?

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 11:45 PM

P.S. Kiss the baby hello for us. Well most of us. xo

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 11:46 PM

gophergirl on June 11, 2014 at 11:41 PM

…you are so diplomatic!…the term “brainless b!tches”…was at the end of my tongue!

KOOLAID2 on June 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Stop using plurals, it was bluegill being an azzhat, no one else!!!!

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Stop using plurals, it was bluegill being an azzhat, no one else!!!!

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM

…I know!…(just covering my ass!)

KOOLAID2 on June 11, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Mary Katharine Ham on June 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM

God bless you for all you do Mary Katherine.

kcewa on June 11, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Mary Katharine Ham on June 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM

MKH:

God Bless you Hammer,…..and don’t let the NEGATIVITY,
in any form, get to you.

You are a Conservative WarriorEtte, d*mn the torpedoes!–:0

canopfor on June 11, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I was just hoping to find out what SQUEE ment…shrugs..

still the good show comment stands… cheers MKH..

going2mars on June 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM

going2mars on June 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Here you go. Chick thing. Or 80′s chick thing.

Cindy Munford on June 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM

so its not the noise a guppy rabid fangirl might make when she realizes she cant write, doesn’t know what’s going on and didn’t get the job blogging at HA..??.. not that noise..?.. hmmm

going2mars on June 12, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Just ban hagfish,, and you’ll be a hero.

If you did it loud you would get 500 hits for sure. Maybe 1,000.

We hate her that much.

Do us a favor. Set it up. Lay out the bait.

wolly4321 on June 12, 2014 at 12:12 AM

going2mars on June 12, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Probably very very close.

Cindy Munford on June 12, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Stop using plurals, it was bluegill being an azzhat, no one else!!!!

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM

bg knows how to make friends, doesn’t she. She’s already sniping at Noah.

22044 on June 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Just ban hagfish,, and you’ll be a hero.

If you did it loud you would get 500 hits for sure. Maybe 1,000.

We hate her that much.

Do us a favor. Set it up. Lay out the bait.

wolly4321 on June 12, 2014 at 12:12 AM

That would be funny – a ban and a whole blog post to discuss it!
10 blog posts to write, MKH? Only 9 if you do this one.
Easiest. Blog. Post. Ever!

22044 on June 12, 2014 at 12:16 AM

“you are excruciatingly obviously jealous and it is hysterical.”
Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I would SQUEE after I heard this one.. if it had been directed at me..
and todays Noah deal was just too much..
it wasn’t a misread ..
was just another ..——SQUEEEEEEEEE

going2mars on June 12, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Mary Katharine Ham on June 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM

MKH, do NOT let other’s misery intrude upon you. We, most of us, are very appreciative of what you do, how you do it and what you have to say! You are one busy lady, and if some can not appreciate that, then they know what they (and you *hammer* ) can do…

And our best to Dear Mr MKH and Dear MKH Mini-Me!

Newtie and the Beauty on June 12, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Just ban hagfish,, and you’ll be a hero.

If you did it loud you would get 500 hits for sure. Maybe 1,000.

We hate her that much.

Do us a favor. Set it up. Lay out the bait.

wolly4321 on June 12, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Do it MKH — you know you want to … ;-)

ShainS on June 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Lolz!

Bmore on June 12, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Personally, I enjoy MKH when she fights Billbo on the Factor. Some common sense is lost in the race to become the most fuddy duddy of all talkers on the right. She brings what is sorely lacking otherwise.

Red Eye is the best show on Fox, but lately Gutfield has been annoying is his desire to be cool by not being cool.

antisense on June 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM

On like Donkey Kong?

Anyway, don’t see many posts from you on here. Glad to see you’re being kept busy!

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM

No you’re not, you are excruciatingly obviously jealous and it is hysterical.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM

You need to get your perceptions straightened out. MKH posts here very infrequently. I had high expectations when she started, but she has seemed to post the least frequently of all the bloggers. Sorry if my comment wasn’t sycophant enough for you.

bluegill
on June 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Yeah, the b!tch is a slacker! I’m sure she is as devastated that you don’t approve of how she spends her time between television appearance.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Mary Katharine Ham on June 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I thought that it was apparent to all, what MKH’s capacity would be at Hotair. The fact that she is still doing “radio appearances and 3-5 TV appearances a week”, while simultaneously being a new mother and writing two news posts a day (occasionally only only one) is pretty darn good by anyone’s measure.
It appears bluegill has “left the building”, since Cindy’s 8:41 PM comment, so she may have missed your reply, Mary.

We’ll save it, for later reference.

listens2glenn on June 12, 2014 at 11:48 AM