Bad sign: Cantor’s vanquisher surprised MSNBC host isn’t just celebrating his victory

posted at 2:01 pm on June 11, 2014 by Noah Rothman

After losing his primary to economics professor Dave Brat, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) revealed that he does not intend to run again as a write-in candidate. In December, the House Majority Leader will retire from Congress. Brat, running in a district with a Cook Partisan Voting Index rating of R+10, is highly likely to represent Virginia’s 7th in the 114th Congress.

And while tea party groups and talk radio hosts are celebrating the downfall of a Republican member of Congress who came to symbolize the “establishment,” there are indications that this enthusiasm is misplaced.

In the wake of his victory, Brat joined MSNBC host Chuck Todd on Wednesday where he received a gentle grilling and was asked for his position on a variety of policy matters. Brat seemed entirely unprepared to have to speak on issues of substance. In fact, he suggested – perhaps (hopefully) jokingly – that he thought Todd invited him on the program merely to celebrate his victory.

“Where are you on the minimum wage?” Todd began, starting off with a question right in this economics expert’s wheelhouse.

Brat railed against unspecific distorting effects on the market before he was prompted to say whether or not he thought a minimum wage should even exist? “I don’t have a well-crafted response on that one,” Brat replied.

…Okay. So, how about foreign policy?

“Would you be in favor of arming the Syrian rebels?” Todd asked.

“Hey, Chuck, I thought we were just going to chat today about the celebratory aspect,” Brat replied. “I’d love to go through all this, but my mind is just, uh, I didn’t get much sleep.”

“I love the policy questions, I’m happy to do more, but I just wanted to talk about the victory here,” he continued.

Sure, sleep deprivation will dull anyone’s wit. But any competent Republican campaigner should be able to endure the rendition tactics depicted in Zero Dark Thirty and emerge aware of the fact that MSNBC is not the place insurgent tea partiers go for softballs.

Maybe Brat was, as he said, merely exhausted from a long night following his primary victory. However, as The Washington Examiner’s Ashe Schow noted, “he’s going to have to get it together real quick now that he’s been thrust into the national spotlight.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Meow

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 5:27 PM

What is this, some kind of incipient anti-Semitic campaign against Dave Brat by established reporters and bloggers? There was not a ray’s worth of daylight to criticize Brat and yet he gets this cryptic “criticism” from the right when a GOPe stalwart loses to him? What gives, AsshØles? Be honest about it. Here’s the lowdown on Ashe Schow:

Ashe Schow is an editorial and commentary writer for the Washington Examiner. Previously, she worked as an editor and writer for the Heritage Foundation and Heritage Action for America.

Pretty thin, huh? What’s she hiding? I know she’s a Bill Murray fan.
And you, Rothman, did you even listen to the audio? Brat gave his thanks and shout out to his staff in the middle of his unplanned grilling by Chuck “Likable Liberal” Todd interview. Ø began his newser after the Ft. Hood shootings with shout outs at the beginning and never did answer any policy questions. BRAT: free market cannot support regulatory burdens and enforced standards like minimum wage. That’s what he said, not “Gee, I thought I was here to pahteee!”
You need to clean up your act, Rothman, and if you have some resentment or an agenda to push, let us know about it… mmmm K? You are way off base on this one.

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 5:27 PM

after reading Noah’s content, I was expecting the video to be much worse. I thought Brat did fine, especially given the lack of sleep he talked about. Now I’m wondering about Noah and his ability to write objective articles based on fact. Is he the new guy on Hot Air? Not impressed yet, keep trying Noah.
greencalliope on June 11, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Yes, Noah Rothman, who supports illegal alien amnesty and who was hoping for a Cantor win, is the newly hired HotAir editor.

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 5:29 PM

We know why you moved to CO, choomed one, parasite on the taxpayers’ dole.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Hol Dit Hol Dit Hol Dit ….
When did the AA UVa hire in American History slip off to Brokeback Mtn.?

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I couldn’t care less what Brat has to say – I’m just thrilled to see an incumbent get the boot. I’d rather judge Brat on what he does, than on carefully crafted answers that are designed to curry favor without generating damaging talking points the lapdog media can hurt you with.

We need to vote out ALL incumbents and start over. Let’s set the precedent that voters can actually, you know, vote out people they don’t agree with. This BS of having congressmen sitting in an office for 40 years and dying incredibly wealthy off all the kickbacks needs to stop.

There’s 350 million of us living in America now, I’m sure we can come up with 535 new people to replace the ones we have now.

KMC1 on June 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM

“You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.
– Will Rogers”

Hi Noah.

ElectricPhase on June 11, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I am hopeful for Brat, but yeah, in the past, it seemed the tea party people would just pull people off the street and run them.

cimbri on June 11, 2014 at 4:02 PM

The tea party, not being an actual party despite certain groups who have tried to co-opt the name, does not “run” people.

Candidates who believe in the principles espoused broadly by the tea party movement mount individual campaigns and attempt to pull in grassroots support. Some are good and some are not. Some fail and some succeed. But contra the left they are not recruited and run by some party establishment.

Missy on June 11, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I just saw Pete Sessions, the chariman of the NRCC, on the tube and he looks real good as the possible new Majority Leader.

Whatever, a warning: don’t choose McCarthy!

If Boehner et al succeed in lifting McCarthy to Majority Leader it will create a massive amount of intra-Republican bad will. I mean a huge percent of Republicans are going to be VERY upset. We just got rid of Canter and then to install somebody even worse in Canter’s position??

No, find someone for Majority Leader that all Republicans can be happy with. That certainly is not McCarthy.

anotherJoe on June 11, 2014 at 5:35 PM

The worst commenter of HA continuously reams the mods here at HA. Yet she, Susan, aka the gillef one is found quite wanting. Need proof. Consider her blog.

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM

*gilled

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Bad sign: New HA blogger Noah Rothman spinning conservative winner’s interview with a hostile MSDNC journ0lister in a nakedly transparent attempt to dampen conservatives’ enthusiasm and elation over winning a major victory.

Duly noted.

Harbingeing on June 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM

I am a Republican who wants to win

Redford on June 11, 2014 at 2:16 PM

You did last night and you don’t even understand it.

Meremortal on June 11, 2014 at 5:48 PM

It is so typical of my conservative brethren to turn and fire on one of their own because he does not measure up to their “standards” right out of the box! For Pete’s sake, you guys, the man just GOT here! So maybe he’s a political naïf, but he appears to be a fast learner, so cut him some slack– for once!

ricoliv on June 11, 2014 at 5:49 PM

ricoliv on June 11, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Just who are you calling conservative? Careful–they might not appreciate it.

ElectricPhase on June 11, 2014 at 5:52 PM

ricoliv on June 11, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Did you listen to the audio? What was wrong with it? Chucky tried to pin him to the PC mat before even 24 hours has up. Asking a free market economist if he favors minimum wage is like asking him “Do you hate your hateful self?”

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Rothman, the next time you look for a different angle on a great story, run it by someone else first, okay?

Meremortal on June 11, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Chucky tried to pin him to the PC mat before even 24 hours has up.

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Should be “has passed” or “was up”… either one.

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Meow

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Heh Thumbs up

They still dont get it – and I dont mean MSNBC

To understand what has happened, check out Breitbart photos of the Brat victory party

Warning to RINOS: contains graphic content, you may not have the stomach

Reality is a bee-hodge

Take a good look

I could cry I was so happy

Thanks Breitbart for the good job you did

entagor on June 11, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Isn’t posting personal information, such as names, about other commenters against HotAir rules? Shame on you, bmore, you petty, little man.

I will continue to criticize bloggers or politicians whenever I think it is warranted. Deal.

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM

entagor on June 11, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Love the Brat Pack T-shirts! Lolz! ; )

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I could cry I was so happy

Thanks Breitbart for the good job you did

entagor on June 11, 2014 at 5:57 PM

The faces of “True Hope & Real Change”

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM

“You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.
– Will Rogers”

Hi Noah.

ElectricPhase on June 11, 2014 at 5:33 PM

My thinking exactly. First time I see “Noah Rothman” at the top of the page is when he shows up to imply that Brat is another potential Christine O’Donnell because he told some malicious little rat from the MSNBC sewer that he was tired and didn’t feel like answering his idiotic questions about why he hates minimum-wage workers so much. Phooey.

Aitch748 on June 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Hust as I will continue to criticize you. The worst slimer of HA. You have a problem with that. You know full well what you can do. P.S. The blog is coming along nicely. Congrats!

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Heh

God they must be puking all over the Beltway

looks like some of the little people made it over the wall

entagor on June 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Lolz! * Just

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Oh, gilled one. Just for you. Deal.

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM

NEWSFLASH! GOP Candidate for US House seat does not have quippy, sound-bite quality answers to every single issue; world begins to end.

“You’re not much of a politician, are you?”

“You’re right….I’m an economics professor. I think that’s why people voted for me”

BobMbx on June 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM

You did that yourself, on Twitchy. It took me one second to figure out who you were. Bmore just linked there.

You owe him an apology.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Let’s not forget that the campaign this man ran was what I envision any one of us running. He had 2 people on his staff. TWO. He beat the incumbent, House Majority Leader by running on republican principles. He was outspent 25:1 and he is getting flack for not being silver tongued in what I would assume is his first nationalized television interview? Slow your role playa. Of course he isn’t super polished, but this is what I would want in a candidate. Not some slick haired snake oil salesman.

JAGonzo on June 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Slow your role playa.

JAGonzo on June 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM

LOL

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 6:14 PM

You owe him an apology.
Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I never posted my name on HotAir. I asked bmore to stop it. He hasn’t. I guess delights in posting commenters’ real names on here. He is obviously a bitter little man acting out of frustration related to his shortcomings. I will now be contacting Ed. No problem.

And, if anyone thought posting my real name on here over and over would get me to stop criticizing pro-amnesty bloggers and politicians, they were sorely mistaken.

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:16 PM

You owe him an apology.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM

+1000

She did it to herself, blamed Bmore and did not retract her statement despite my posting a comment that laid out specifically HOW she exposed her own identity.

Bmore, if you would, post your link to that night so I an create a link to my post? Thx.

PolAgnostic on June 11, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I think we know why he’s at Randolph-Macon and not George Mason.

libfreeordie on June 11, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Indeed we do:

Because he isn’t a Chocolate Rainbow affirmative action hire.

Probably the best ‘real world’ Economics Professor / Presidential Economics Adviser worked even farther into the sticks, with students who were hicks, at the University of New Mexico.

LegendHasIt on June 11, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Exactly. If he was black he would be Harvard material.

Maybe he should have claimed to have some American Indian blood.

slickwillie2001 on June 11, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I never posted my name on HotAir.

You did. I saw your link to Twitchy. From it, I figured out your Susan name in one second. Don’t lie. Ed will not put up with it either.

YOU did that. Quit lying.

I will now be contacting Ed. No problem.

Won’t be the first time, you witch.

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:16 PM

You’re the only one who posted it, via link to Twitchy. Like alt, who’s learned the hard way, if you want your privacy, protect it.

Quit making things up.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:24 PM

I never posted my name on HotAir.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Also, bluegill, grow up and own up.

You can’t expose yourself and then claim privacy.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:30 PM

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Once again you are incorrect. For three days now I have tried to have you see you own ineptitude. You made this comment.

Read it. Click the link you supplied when making the comment. Furthermore read the remainder of the thread. No gilled one, you posted it yourself. I will wait patiently for either an apology from you for this comment you later issued against me.

This is a notice to bmore who seems to delight in spreading personal identifying info about me on this website:
You are totally out of line, and I will contact Ed and Allah and every other HotAir editor about this matter if you do not cease immediately.
I never once posted my name here, but you took it upon yourself to go look it up and to start referring to me by my name on here. If you think I’m going to do nothing while you continue that, then you have another thing coming.
For people who don’t know what I’m talking about, his posts are here:
I post that only for regulars here to see what kind of nasty, personal trolling one of your “buddy regulars” does on here and so that you will see I’m not making this up.
bluegill on June 5, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Or for Ed to contact me via email per your threat.

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 6:31 PM

brat was spinning – he isn’t an idiot, but he also politicked.

He is going to walk to victory in his district so he doesn’t need to hide his policy views.

So, yes, it was disappointing to hear him spin on the minimum wage and other pretty easy policy questions.

uatu1878 on June 11, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Bottom line: I never posted my name on this site. Bmore looked it up on my twitter account, then gleefully posted my real name over and over at this site, even though I told him to stop. I guess some people really took offense to my criticisms of pro-amnesty bloggers and others, so they decided to try to get personal.

No matter. I will not be deterred in the least. I will not be intimidated, and I will continue to post exactly what I think on here. Better get used to it now.

And I really don’t want to waste any more time or detract from the rest of the on-topic discussion here. Have a nice day.

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Bmore, here’s the solution: stop posting people’s real names on here, especially after they told you to stop it. It’s no more complicated than that. End of story.

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Ineptitude, denial of a lie?

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Bottom line: I never posted my name on this site.

You posted the link and we can all see. Your bluegill favorite followed you. YOU exposed yourself and now you cry “Bmore, Bmore, Bmore”.

Grow up and own up.

Like I’m for amnesty, right.

And, I don’t give a damn about FB or Twitter, because I’ll never be on either. However, if you’re not smarter than that you won’t need the NSA to do you in. Be way more careful, and this is a friendly reminder. On amnesty you’re way cool.

Good

Better get used to it now.

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Good

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Bottom line: I never posted my name on this site.

Grow up and own up.

You too, have a good day, bluegill.

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM

You also stop accusing him and apologize. End of story.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Bluegill and Bmore, shake hands and fight amnesty. Bluegill, you make the first move.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM

uatu1878 on June 11, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Why should Brat go on the record for Chucky Todd so the Democrat Media Conglomerate can pin him to the PC mat from the very first day of his candidacy? These questions were far more hardball than any questions Ø has faced from Todd or any other media slug. He actually did not spin the minimum wage answer. He said “$100 per hour wouldn’t make a difference if productivity doesn’t support it.”
You are uninformed and trying to spread bull schitt… shut up until you learn some free market economics.

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Bluegill, you make the first move, because it’s smart.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM

I saw 400 comments and came to congratulate Noah on being a hit then realized the thread has descended into a bluegill vs. bmore fightfest.

Still congrats-ish Noah. I am sure at least 300 of these comments are about your post. lol

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM

I smell a Mexican stand off coming on.

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I smell a Mexican stand off coming on.

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:44 PM

If we get food and drinks out of it, that’s cool :)

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM

That is very disheartening. How anyone interested in national politics for more than ten minutes can be so ignorant of the biased national media, especially MSNBC, is astounding.

RJL on June 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Still thrilled that Cantor lost. Probably my least favorite Republican leader in the House, in spite of his 96% voting record.

But Brat going on MSNBC was highly questionable. What was he thinking? Maybe more liberal then Cantor when all is said and done? But I don’t care, because the leadership in D.C. needed to be sent a lesson and losing Cantor is NO LOSS.

KMav on June 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM

If we get food and drinks out of it, that’s cool :)

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Since we are having a detente and all (haha) I was thinking since I am supposed to be bluegill, I could say sorry to bmore and everything will be cool right? I am kind of tired of seeing apology request wherever I go on this site. lol

btw can we keep our detente to ourselves. I have a reputation to uphold on QOTD and I would hate to ruin it. Just sayin!

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Just sayin!

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Let me make one thing very clear to you. I don’t like you. You are a poser and a traitor. I could care less what you think about any topic. I do not take you as a serious person. I take you for what you truly are. A poser in search of HA commenters to see banned. You fancy yourself smart. You are not. You have been had.

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 6:55 PM

RJL on June 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM

The headline is maliciously inaccurate and misleading. Watch the video.

ElectricPhase on June 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 6:55 PM

So is that a NO, you won’t take the apology? Actually you just peaked my interest. Have I actually gotten someone banned? how did I pull that off?lol

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:59 PM

trolls having a hard time today

Yes, and I too listened–I’m very sad to see how Noah spun this story. Dave Brat did just fine in the interview. He answered the minimum wage question with substance, and he answered the Syria question with substance–albeit at a generalized level. He successfully avoided the “gotcha” trap(s) that was being set and came across well.

G. Charles on June 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Give Todd credit for knowing when to throw a cheap punch. Not only is Brat NOT a member of Congress – or any legislative body, he isn’t even privy to party points of interest regarding dog catchers, much less the U.S. position on Syria. Crap, even the President of the U.S. is unaware of the U.S. position on Syria.

I suspect the next chance Todd gets to ask Brat a question he’s going to wind up eating his own entrails. Preferably raw.

Todd probably would’ve crapped his pants if Brat had just replied, ‘Chuck, at this point, what difference does it make.’

Willys on June 11, 2014 at 7:08 PM

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Um- what?

Have you read the comments? If so, your comprehension level must be similar to Noah’s…

cs89 on June 11, 2014 at 7:08 PM

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Um- what?

cs89 on June 11, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Yeah I read the comments. He got people to post 400 ish (bmore vs. bluegill beef don’t count) to post on his blog. The name of the game is readership. He is not Erika. That’s for sure. He is going to do great here.

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM

You are right! About half of them are negative! Or didn’t you get that?
Also, “you just peaked my interest” is misspelled. Not a native speaker, are you? Americans get criticized for that all the time in foreign countries, you should take the same flack, Chiquita.

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Good sarcasm should not require one of these. / That said some will never appreciate it.

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I think Brat actually did pretty good – or, at the least, good enough.

Though he really does need to get someone who can explain to him MSNBC is not the place for conservatives to go looking for high fives.

whatcat on June 11, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM

I smell a Mexican stand off coming on.

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Racist.

Cheese Wheel on June 11, 2014 at 7:18 PM

You are right! About half of them are negative! Or didn’t you get that?
Also, “you just peakedpiqued (grammar police be merry) my interest” is misspelled. Not a native speaker, are you? Americans get criticized for that all the time in foreign countries, you should take the same flack, Chiquita.

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM

no I am not a native speaker. I am guessing you are new to this town, hombre?

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 7:18 PM

bluegill on June 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM

You owe him an apology.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM

As a relative noob to posting on HotAir, I have followed this kerfluffle with mereley a casual amusement. Seeing that the issue is not just going away, I elected to delve a little deeper into the substance, and it is pretty clear to me what went down. bluegill was bragging and squeeing about her tweet being posted on Twitchy, and she posted a direct link to it. That tweet clearly has her name as well as her Twitter handle right there for the world to see.

For what it’s worth, and since I have no ox to gore here, nor do I have a dog in the hunt, it is obvious that bluegill outed herself, and did it with such braggadocio that one would be hard pressed NOT to know her name.

bluegill…woman up and apologize to Bmore. You really have only yourself to blame…

bimmcorp on June 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM

You are right! About half of them are negative! Or didn’t you get that?

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Half? You must be with Cantor’s polling company. j/k

ElectricPhase on June 11, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Racist.

Cheese Wheel on June 11, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I wouldonly frack someone if they are part of the the human race. so technically you are right.

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 7:22 PM

“You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.
– Will Rogers”

Hi Noah.

ElectricPhase on June 11, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Er, yeah. Agree on that sentiment. I think Noah just put himself in the “jazz shaw” bin of stuff I won’t be reading.

Amnesty supporter? Really Noah? Talk about it, I’d like to know so I can actively insult you on a daily basis.

Diluculo on June 11, 2014 at 7:33 PM

At least he went on pMSNBC, which is more than democrats do with FOXNews. Anyways, it’s refreshing that he doesn’t have a pat answer to everything.

Even if this new guy, Rothman, and JazzShaw are interlopers, it’s quite amusing to see them spinning left.

SouthernGent on June 11, 2014 at 7:36 PM

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Reputation? Yes, you certainly do.

katy the mean old lady on June 11, 2014 at 7:38 PM

He is going to do great here.

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Personally, I like the headlines & posts to match the linked content.

I’m kinda picky that way, I guess.

/s

cs89 on June 11, 2014 at 7:39 PM

I normally like George Will, but on Fox Special Report, first he says that Cantor’s loss was only in a small way due to immigration. Um, no, that was the major or even virtually only issue that propelled victory for Brat.

Second, Will, in talking about the race for a new Majority Leader, said that Paul Ryan was one guy that would satisfy conservatives. You got to be kidding me? Again, Cantor was ousted for his amnesty positions. To think that Rino Ryan, the biggest amnesty pusher of them all, would satisfy these same conservatives that just ousted Cantor? Yeah, usually I’m a big fan of Will, but at this point I’m thinking maybe he should have stayed at ABC, and also that we need an alternative conservative station other than Fox. !

anotherJoe on June 11, 2014 at 7:40 PM

being reported on NewsBusters Editors at MSNBC.com trimmed down Republican congressional nominee Dave Brat’s June 11 phone interview with MSNBC’s Chuck Todd in order to paint him as dodging questions from the Daily Rundown host.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz34NRqLxnB

billofrights on June 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Noah Noah. Don’t believe anything they say about not reading your blog. They will be coming to your blogs like moth to a flame. :-)

Again, congrats Noah!

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I am guessing you are new to this town, hombre?

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Typical for a self absorbed noob such as yourself to not recognize long-term commenters. (If you are guessing then your are not examining and analyzing, noob). Have an enjoyable troll shift and don’t call me, I’ll call you.

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Again, congrats Noah!

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Or in your case, like flies to sh… nevermind…I’m still posting on thin ice around here…

bimmcorp on June 11, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Congratulations Virginia, we appreciate your leadership and sacrifice. The good guys in congress have not been doing enough to fight Obama, and this is a reminder they will be replaced if they do not.

I asked Mia Love to do the same when she called me and she concurred.

Perspicacious on June 11, 2014 at 7:50 PM

its a shame that republicans are joining their power brothers in the democratic party in trying to form the narrative regarding Brat…they are simply trying to establish his “identity”…as they always do…I just thought I never see “Republicans” openly doing it “they’re” scared!!

billofrights on June 11, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Brat is the most dangerous type of man in Washington D.C.

He’s a man you can’t control.

itsspideyman on June 11, 2014 at 8:00 PM

You really have only yourself to blame…

bimmcorp on June 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM

LOL! She will never admit it.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz34NRqLxnB

billofrights on June 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Thanks, that’s a good catch. Should be an update to this thread, and it’s a good lesson for Brat on the corruption in NBC.

slickwillie2001 on June 11, 2014 at 8:05 PM

I am guessing you are new to this town, hombre?

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 7:18 PM

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Noob? So as I was saying, You must be new to this town hombre. Welcome! I hope to see more of you. Keep up up the grammar policing. Kids these days need the language discipline. :-).

See you around hombre.

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM

LOL! She will never admit it.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:05 PM

I may be a noob, but I’ve been around long enough to know that you are correct.

bimmcorp on June 11, 2014 at 8:12 PM

I sure hope Prof. Brat didn’t walk into a room incorrectly and ruin his political career.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:14 PM

I have a reputation to uphold ..
coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Who would want to uphold their reputation as a dim bulb? Do tell.

CW on June 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 7:18 PM

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 7:49 PM

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 8:24 PM

MSNBC made it sound like the interview just started.

In reality, Brat did a very good job answering seven questions before this edited audio started. Didn’t dodge one.

MSNBC.com Deceptively Edits Dave Brat to Suggest He Was ‘Dodging’ Questions

hepcat on June 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:14 PM

I heard he served sandwiches with, OH MY GOD, the crust still on them.

SouthernGent on June 11, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Hot Air and Noah Rothman should know better than trust Chuck Todd and MSNBC

MSNBC.com Deceptively Edits Dave Brat to Suggest He Was ‘Dodging’ Questions

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2014/06/11/msnbccom-deceptively-edits-dave-brat-suggest-he-was-dodging-questions#ixzz34Na9NEo9

hepcat on June 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM

hepcat on June 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM

NICE!!! I wonder if Noah has an email yet, because this would be better sent rather than hoping he stumbles on it during moderating the desperado.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I’m in a good mood today. Cantor lost, as I typed here, often, that he should.

Sure, I’ll keep our detente to ourselves. Be warned, however. As the RINOs know, I don’t discriminate. When you deserve it, you get the objective feedback. When not, well, you know what happens. Ask our favorite HA slave – when he provides excellent music links, I tell him so. When he’s and azz, more than a donkey, he gets it back.

I never thought you were bluefish, nor do I care. If you have sincere intentions to have a good dialogue, even if we disagree, I’m game. Other than that I wish you and all only the best. I’m very much a micro-fighter, thought the small fish don’t escape me.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I wonder if Noah has an email yet, because

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Try noah@hotair.com

ExpressoBold on June 11, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM

You think he’d add an Update to the story with the correction they way Ed or Allah would? That would certainly buy him a reprieve.

ElectricPhase on June 11, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Noah is just upset that Brat didn’t give him an opportunity to Akinize Cantorize him.

xblade on June 11, 2014 at 8:51 PM

ElectricPhase on June 11, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I sent it to him for consideration.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2014 at 8:55 PM

“If markets are bad, which they are, that means people are bad, which they are. Want good markets? Change the people. If there are not nervous twitches in the pews when we preach, then we are not doing our jobs,”

This is a bad sign. Markets are not bad. And the only way to truly defend free markets is the proposition that people can be self-governing. That means people are good enough to govern themselves.

J.B. Say on June 11, 2014 at 9:01 PM

@Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM

thuja on June 11, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Again, congrats Noah!

coolrepublica on June 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I won’t.

greencalliope on June 11, 2014 at 9:17 PM

thuja on June 11, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Let me make this clear to you as well. I don’t like you. I don’t need anyone to manage my affairs here at HA. If I did you would not have a chance in heII of acquiring the job. My free advice to you, mind your own affairs. I’ll mind mine. Savy? Just to be extra sure. I don’t care what your opinion is on any topic. Do you understand baby killer?

Bmore on June 11, 2014 at 9:19 PM

It is more interesting to talk about ideas. Personal vendettas are not simply bad manners. They are boring. thuja on June 11, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Actually, I’m rather enjoying it. She,, Susan.. has sh!t on me before, too.

BTW,, I have a confession to make. My real name isn’t Wolly. It’s Bill.

Now tell me,, now that you know that…..
SO WHAT!

She freaked out over her own vanity.

And she’s done it to me, too.

wolly4321 on June 11, 2014 at 9:30 PM