Video: The best Hillary impression you’ll ever see

posted at 7:31 pm on June 10, 2014 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, via Guy Benson, remember Rosemary Watson? Old-school blog readers do. The smallest of the many tragedies of the Hopenchange era is that we ended up with a president whom seemingly no one can imitate effectively instead of one whom talented comics already have dead to rights. Watson’s holding a lottery ticket in her hand; if Hillary comes through in 2016, she’s a lock for at least one cameo at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner plus some sort of video gig. Maybe YouTube (her old Hillary impressions were collected as “That Hillary Show”), maybe … SNL?

Watch the first clip to see how good her impersonation is — it’s all in the A’s — and then watch the second, from 2008, to see what she can do with better material. The second one is smart because it nails Hillary’s essential awkwardness as a retail politician. That hurt her against Obama. Not sure it’ll matter much this time.

In lieu of an exit question, I’ll leave you with this bon mot from Hillary’s “favorite Republican.” When he crosses the aisle to endorse her in 2016, remember who told you first that it was coming.

Comments

I am going to comment before i watch it. First. lol

coolrepublica on June 10, 2014 at 7:36 PM

She needs a walker to be perfect.

Iblis on June 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Thanks, AP. She’s Rich Little good! Can’t believe I missed her before.

Christien on June 10, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Ok I watched it. It was OK. funny but not very,funny. I like the part where she explained that she told Bill to start yapping for a living. That’s was the funniest part for me.

coolrepublica on June 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM

“As you can tell from the expression on my face”, heh.

whatcat on June 10, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Nice…but the hair is wrong and that woman is at least 40 years younger than Hillary.

coolrepublica on June 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Nobody here gives a squirt of pi$$ what you think…

…about anything.

BigWyo on June 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Precious! She has H down! I always thought Hillary was a trained seal. Now, I know.

vnvet on June 10, 2014 at 7:50 PM

But can she dodge sniper fire?

307wolverine on June 10, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Not a bad Diane Sawyer, either.

Warner Todd Huston on June 10, 2014 at 7:50 PM

a comedian impersonating Hillary and Hillary impersonating a woman..

hillsoftx on June 10, 2014 at 7:56 PM

She’s great!
I just subscribed to her on YouTube. Can’t wait to see what’s coming when she has

better material

in the months to come.

itsnotaboutme on June 10, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Old white people are all the rage these days.

Funny how fashions get recycled.

Ben Hur on June 10, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I am going to comment before i watch it.

Not that that is different from any other time.

F X Muldoon on June 10, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Nobody here gives a squirt of pi$$ what you think…

…about anything.

BigWyo on June 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM

I am consistently fascinated by people whose names I have never noticed before in my life coming out of God knows where to tell me they don’t care about what I think, by telling me they don’t think much about that thing I wrote talking about what I think.

Is it like a thing? I am sure somewhere there is a guy name Mr. McPoopalot who can’t wait to give me his 2 cents on how little he thinks about what I think. Mr. McPoopalot, please come out and tell us all about your low opinion of my opinions. Don’t be shy. :-)

coolrepublica on June 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Nobody here gives a squirt of pi$$ what you think…

…about anything.

BigWyo on June 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM

cooldpubichair on June 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM

…that’s part of your problem!

KOOLAID2 on June 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM

cooldpubichair on June 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM
…that’s part of your problem!

KOOLAID2 on June 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM

LOL…love the name change

BeachBum on June 10, 2014 at 8:16 PM

_________________________________________

HILLARY CLINTON:
You did NOT made the HARD CHOICE
to PROTECT your FRIEND Brooksley Born:

_________________________________________

What are you trying to PROTECT ?

_________________________________________

BROOKSLEY BORN, CFTC Chair, 1996 – 1999:
We’re trying to PROTECT the MONEY of the American public.

_________________________________________

Long before the Economic MELTDOWN, the story of
one WOMAN who tried to WARN about
the THREAT to the FINANCIAL System.

Before the TOXIC assets POISONED the Economy,
she WARNED of their DANGER.

_________________________________________

Derivatives, in essence, are INSURANCE policies
that various players on Wall Street enter into
to protect themselves from unforeseen calamities.

It was a $27 Trillion-Market happening out of sight,
inside a black box.

BROOKSLEY BORN: We didn’t truly know the dangers
in the market because it was a dark market.
There was no transparency.

And that’s what frightened Born more than anything,

TRILLIONS of dollars and the biggest banks
in the country OPERATING in SECRET.

If something went terribly wrong, the
high-stakes DERIVATIVES Market

could TAKE DOWN the entire FINANCIAL SYSTEM.
____________________________________________

As the market grew and morphed,
Born felt her agency would have to get involved,

but that would mean confronting Alan Greenspan, BOB RUBIN and Summers.

___________________________________________

Brooksley Born was contemplating
the regulation of O-T-C DERIVATIVES.

The pushback is visceral and immediate, and
that’s one of the striking things about this.

BANKERS just fall over themselves CALLING Larry Summers and
Bob Rubin and Alan Greenspan and everybody, saying,

“Get this LADY off our backs.”

But the harder they pushed, the more interested Born became.

BROOKSLEY BORN:

They were totally opposed to it. That puzzled me.

You know, what was it that was in this market
that had to be HIDDEN ?

Why did it have to be a completely DARK MARKET ?

So it made me very SUSPICIOUS and TROUBLED.

Born was taking the first steps toward REGULATING
OTC DERIVATIVES,

designing a document known as a “concept release.”

Born told her staff to publish the concept release.

In response, Bob Rubin acted, calling an emergency
meeting of the working group. The response of
the working group was immediate and unprecedented.

_________________________________________

LEADERS of Bill CLINTON’s FINANCIAL Team:
Bob Rubin and Alan Greenspan and Larry Summers.

They beat up Brooksley Born and kick her out from her job;

and they build up a FRANKENSTEIN Wall Street.

ECONOMIC CRASH & FINANCIAL CRISIS of 2008 was inevitable.

_________________________________________

WALL STREET build up a DOOMSDAY MACHINE

The inside story of the global financial crisis.

Alan Greenspan, Brooksley Born, and The Warning.

_________________________________________

Global HAWK on June 10, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I just watched some old Rich Little impressions, and they did surprisingly little (no pun intended) for me. Ditto, hers. I think that’s because even a nearly flawless imitation is not an impression, which must capture and even heighten something quintessential about a character to be most effective, and to leave me not caring whether a technical voice analysis could tell the difference between the comedian and the politician.

Figure out what single trait is quintessentially Hillary, and build an *impression* around that.

Seth Halpern on June 10, 2014 at 8:32 PM

coolrepublica on June 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Standard “Go Away Fu*#Tard’ jargon….

P.S. I’ve been here for awhile…

BigWyo on June 10, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Seth, please share with us a better Hillary impersonator or impressionist. Would love to see it!

Christien on June 10, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Seth Halpern on June 10, 2014 at 8:32 PM

No. Not even the greatest Hillary supporter would want to do such a thing. It’s like conjuring up evil.

HiJack on June 10, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Oh Gawd, after this, I need a smoke, even tho I don’t smoke,

lol,

shake the Bush’s!!!!

canopfor on June 10, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Quite well done. The voice and the studied gestures of the second clip are great.

The phony Diane Sawyer “sincerity” was smack on, too.

onlineanalyst on June 10, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Needs to further develop the fake Southern drawl when she is in Dixie.

Krupnikas on June 10, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Rosemary Watson to be audited by the IRS all to Hell…

Wait…this is Hillary she’s ripping on….

Rosemary Watson to be killed all to Hell…

BigWyo on June 10, 2014 at 9:38 PM

If they’re already mocking you, it’s not looking too good.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Vince Foster unavailable for comment.

Galtian on June 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM

She’s more real than Hillary.

BushyGreen on June 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Hill-ar-ious.

Which you can tell my the expression on my face.

rogaineguy on June 10, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Yes, she’s very good.

I liked this one from back in 2008 after the New Hampshire primary crying episode:

Thanks,
CW

Cold Warrior on June 11, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Actually, Key and Peele do some great Obama sketches, although they are marred by the fact that they are totally in the tank for him.

damage done on June 11, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Incredible…comedy like this is hard, and she nailed it (and so did “diane sawyer”).

…but…the second video was funny at the beginning, than I got sucked into the reality…it transcended humor and became a “teachable moment”.

right2bright on June 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Seth Halpern on June 10, 2014 at 8:32 PM

You don’t get it…she did that.

The insincerity of Hillary…but of course you are looking at just physical…the subtle blend of sarcasm, humor, insincerity, cartoonist behavior, would be too much for you to understand.

Yeah, you’re right, I guess the hair could have been better and she should have been shorter…

right2bright on June 11, 2014 at 8:51 AM

coolrepublica on June 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM

You promised not to comment on HA anymore.

yaedon on June 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM

LOL! hahahahahahahahhabwahhaha!

Hand gesture video – priceless. Hilarious! More, please!

Diane Sawyer impression funnier than Hillary’s answers. Which you could tell IF you could see the expression on my face when I was watching.

Just download my NSA account for a live feed.

exliberal on June 11, 2014 at 11:01 AM

very funny for both Sawyer and Clinton. I think however only conservatives will get it. Satire seems to go over the heads of libs, who sometimes can’t tell the difference between it and reality (witness the umpteenth explanation of why the bergdah deal was kept secret). Here’s a lib after watching; “yeah so what’s her point?”

warmairfan on June 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I am still laughing. Typical Democrat evasions, lies, gestures, etc. Great comedy here and the clown is Hillary the witch. She won’t give med records because her brain was seriously damaged, especially as there was a clot on the brain. Probably the best part of her is the clot! Keep the comedies coming!

Roselle on June 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM