More Hillary: I hired people to deal with security, so Benghazi isn’t my issue

posted at 10:31 am on June 9, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Noah started off the Hard Choices review this morning with his inaugural Hot Air post, but Hillary Clinton didn’t just struggle on her claim to have “struggled” in the aftermath of the Clinton White House years. In her exclusive interview with ABC’s Diane Sawyer, she also struggled to come up with an answer on Benghazi, too. Claiming that she gave “very direct instructions” on security for the Benghazi consulate, Hillary then dismissed any further personal responsibility for the severe lack of security that led to the attack. When Sawyer says that Americans are looking for a more introspective statement on how Hillary should have acted to prevent the security failure, she looks momentarily flummoxed (transcript via Daniel Halper):

Sawyer asked, “Is there anything you personally should have been doing to make it safer in Benghazi?”

“Well,” Clinton responded, “what I did was give very direct instructions that the people who have the expertise and experience in security –

“But personally you –”

“Well that is personal, though, Diane. I mean, I am not — I’m not equipped to sit and look at blueprints to determine where the blast walls need to be or where the reinforcements need to be. That’s why we hire people who have that expertise,” Clinton responded.

“I wonder if people are looking for a sentence that begins from you, ‘I should have, I should have,’” Sawyer responded.

Let’s remind people that the security of the Benghazi facility had been a matter of urgent debate, not just in the State Department but also in the Department of Defense, which had been supplying some protection of the facility. Security did not meet the standard for diplomatic facilities, and waivers supposedly required the signature of the Secretary of State. That decision did get made by her lieutenant, Patrick Kennedy, whom the Accountability Review Board decline to even depose in their investigation. The facility had been attacked earlier in the summer, and every other Western agency had packed up and left Benghazi due to rising terrorist activity in and around the city — including the Red Cross.

Does Hillary seriously plan to argue that she should be trusted with the highest executive office in the US government while at the same time argue that she couldn’t be bothered with the “details” of security of her outpost in what had turned into Terrorist Central, in the middle of the failed state her Libyan policy created? That she’s ready to answer the 3 AM phone call when she couldn’t have predicted that al-Qaeda affiliates would plan an attack on the anniversary of 9/11, and failed to prepare a response with AFRICOM for that possibility?

Shoulda, woulda coulda — what difference at this point does it make, anyway? If that’s her argument for executive authority and safeguarding national security, it’s not going to convince many people, especially if her only response to being challenged on it is to make faces at Diane Sawyer.

Mika Brzezinski isn’t terribly impressed, especially with Joe Klein’s argument that Hillary can run on her foreign policy experience.

Welcome to the jungle …

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work like this.

Cindy Munford on June 9, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Leadership

forest on June 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM

The struggle is real, people.

conservative pilgrim on June 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Keep talking Hillary – that hole is getting bigger by the second.

gophergirl on June 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM

The buck stops with, um, you know, …… the security detail!

conservative pilgrim on June 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Wrong answer, as Secretary of State it was your responsibility, your’s and no one elses, that’s why they were paying you the big bucks. With the fancy title and the big bucks comes serious responsibilities.

oscarwilde on June 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Oh and one more thing – I will support the first GOP candidate that comes out and says:

“I will not pass the blame to anybody for anything that happens in my administration”

“I am the President and the buck stops with me”

“I am responsible for what happens”

gophergirl on June 9, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I think they base their experienced by miles traveled. Not actually doing anything.

Cindy Munford on June 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM

The obama m.o.

Don’t blame me

Straw men part deux

cmsinaz on June 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Keep talking Hillary – that hole is getting bigger by the second.

gophergirl on June 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Even Ned aka HillAreWe can’t dig her out of that hole

22044 on June 9, 2014 at 10:40 AM

gophergirl on June 9, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Why? It’s not like they can’t lie. Although, the press won’t give a Republican a pass.

Cindy Munford on June 9, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Hillary, translated: it wasn’t my job as SOS to protect American lives and infrastructure, it was some of My Little People’s jobs to do that — I had more important things to do, like…oh, wait, did someone say they had Vodka?…Now, what misunderstanding did you have, again, that I might help you sort out? You seem to have just so many of them.

Lourdes on June 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM

That approach to answering for the Benghazi Massacre is not going to fly. The blood of four Americans is on your hands as much as King Putt’s, Hillary.

dogsoldier on June 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I hired people to deal with Iraq, so it isn’t my issue.
- George W Bush

Ellis on June 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work like this.

Cindy Munford on June 9, 2014 at 10:32 AM

petefrt on June 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

The 3am phone call rang and Hillary just giggled and put the pillow over her head.

Lourdes on June 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

So apparently all the skills needed to be Secretary of State are the ability to drink like a fish and fly around the world. Where do I send my resume?

iceman1960 on June 9, 2014 at 10:44 AM

This is not good – why do so many people who want to control our lives (mostly democrats) think they are above answering questions.

IF and I do mean IF the MSM ever starts using their brains, they will have to realize that their biased reporting will hurt them in the end. Control people always turn on the media – it’s just a question of when.

MN J on June 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM

All liberals do this. Obozo is one of the worst though. They think giving the order means they’ve done their job. It doesn’t matter if the order is unrealistic or even carried out. They are the most clueless creatures on the planet.

Flange on June 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM

“I hired people to handle the bridge, so that ice berg wasn’t my issue.”
Captain Smith, RMS Titanic

evilned on June 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM

She treats Benghazi as if she spilled red wine on her carpet, and the servant maids couldn’t get the stain out.

“Ignore the stain, the maid couldn’t get it out”.

portlandon on June 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM

She nothing but a slimy, evasive, irresponsible bossy bitch. She has the blood of four good men on her hands which can’t be washed off, no matter what she says.

Dusty on June 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Wow, a few moments of clarity of thought from Mika. How refreshing on a Monday morning.

I expect the feminist draft Hillary bandwagon (Because … woman.) to leave braking skid marks in front of her house in 3…2…1…

dissent555 on June 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM

That woman is lost in a thick fog without a compass or a map. Do any of those liberal zealots have any idea what “personal and institutional responsibility” even means?

rplat on June 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM

What difference does it make whether she handled it herself or delegated – she failed.

rhombus on June 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Typical politician:

All that is successful is because of them.

All that fails not their fault.

portlandon on June 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM

By this statement alone, Hillary admits that she is not ready to be prez. So, the question arises, was it obama’s responisbility to know this, since Dudeitwaslike2yearsago-man has already told us that obama was not there when it happened

ConservativePartyNow on June 9, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Diane, we don’t call it security anymore…thats what President Bush called it…..now we call it mechanical moisture subcontracting….

clandestine on June 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Two Shrillarys side by side? Why don’t you fill up the whole front page with thumbnails of the pop-eyed hag and make people’s heads explode. lol

ElectricPhase on June 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I guess she doesn’t realize that the internet exists. That pesky internet where the truth lives?

Repeated requests for increased security were denied

From the top.

Key West Reader on June 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

The words, “I hired”, make it her issue.

Shoulda made it passive voice, but these Lefties are all the same.

formwiz on June 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

If I contract out a job to another party, that means I’m not responsible for the results, right? If she fails Management 101, how can she be president? Obama? Yes, I see what you mean but two wrongs don’t make a right.

MaiDee on June 9, 2014 at 10:53 AM

More Hillary: I hired people to deal with security, so Benghazi isn’t my issue

The people you hired failed.

Q: Who hired poorly?

A: Hillary Clinton

portlandon on June 9, 2014 at 10:53 AM

“The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Fallon on June 9, 2014 at 10:53 AM

See, this is the deal. Sawyer asks the Secretary…

Rather than discuss work place safety or the safety of U.S. citizens working in danger zones, the Secretary RE-frames her response to engineering issues…

And thus the left over media continues to fail in its mission to inform citizens by failing to pursue more precise response to questions rather than leaving the respondent (the Secretary) to re-frame a response as a non-issue.

Hoodwink and bamboozle…

Willys on June 9, 2014 at 10:54 AM

ElectricPhase on June 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Hey now, she just had taxpayer Botox to make her eyes look big. Don’t be haggin on Mz. Cankles..

/::::evil laugh:::

Key West Reader on June 9, 2014 at 10:54 AM

It has worked for Obama.

‘The buck stops waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there…maybe in Cincinnati (or name your spot).’

- Barack Obama

- Hillary Clinton

Resist We Much on June 9, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Sounds like she gave the wrong orders.

Flange on June 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Did Sawyer ask her about why she was still blaming the infamous video while standing over the coffins of those who were assassinated?

Didn’t think so.

That’s the one we have to keep asking, over and over again. It was a blatant lie, worse yet in the faces of grieving parents and friends.

fogw on June 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM

And your deputies, at least, if not you personally, given that Ambassador Chris Stevens was a personal friend, were acutely aware that security was inadequate, that makes you an incompetent leader.

How’s that Russian “reset” going?

It’s better to run on how good you are at cattle futures.

rbj on June 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM

…oh yeah

STFU and Salute

Willys on June 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM

This is a colossal failure of leadership. She hired people so why answer the phone in the middle of the night or communicate in any way after I hired people. This is more damaging lie.

rjoco1 on June 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Per Ron Fournier:

‘We don’t do the small stuff well. And the small stuff is the important stuff.’

- A senior White House official

Resist We Much on June 9, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Hildebeest is really having a tough time deciding how to address this issue. She takes “responsibility” early in the Benghazi hearing then screeches “What difference does it make?” one hour later. Her soon-to-be-released book cites Benghazi as her “biggest regret,” yet her response to Sawyer’s questions suggest “not my fault, not my problem.”

But all of it doesn’t really matter, anyway. If hildebeest runs in 2016, Americans (who are D-U-M dumb) will vote her right in.

MisterElephant on June 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM

And which savvy executive made the decision to hire the incompetent Patrick Kennedy and give him the authority to make the foolish decision to sign the waiver that allowed the inadequate security for the Benghazi facility?

Hillary Clinton.

But even though she couldn’t manage to hire and/or adequately supervise competent lieutenants when she was Secretary of State, we can totally trust her to hire and supervise competent lieutenants as President, because . . . er, . . . shut up sexist!

AZCoyote on June 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Is Hot Air’s front page going to be filled with Hillary Clinton pics for the next two years, and possibly eight more after that? I’m already gagging every time the page loads.

Mark1971 on June 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM

What a major bit@$. She even get s Testy with Sawyer.

rjoco1 on June 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

So she thinks that since she paid for the security, she no longer has any responsibility. What difference at this point does it make? Now if she wants to be commander in chief, isn’t her military sort of like security forces you hire? So if she can protect a little old consulate in Libya, how can she protect a big country like the U.S. Will she be waiting for the 3:00 a.m. phone call from Barak to tell her what to do?

COgirl on June 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Did Diane get the evil eye? It’ll be a cold day in you know where before she gets another interview.

Kissmygrits on June 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

- “Make damned sure that Stevens and the rest aren’t around to testify in front of Congress. You know what to do.

Nothing around Lady Macbeth happens by accident. If anything ever did, she’d have the head of whoever was responsible.

And the only thing she hates worse than an underling who makes her look bad, is someone who might tell tales out of school.

clear ether

eon

eon on June 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

can’t protect

COgirl on June 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Gee…if only the execs at Enron new about this Teflon-coated defense.

Ricard on June 9, 2014 at 11:00 AM

PS Was Hillary! trying to show off her latest Lifestyle Lift with all those poses?

formwiz on June 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM

The biggest problem I have with these people, and yes,
by “these” I mean every Damn Democrat in high level
positions in Government, is that they are so incredibly
callous, and shameless in their repsonses to things that
go wrong…just think back to the absolute beating
W took on Hurricane Katrina…..HE was responsible for
EVERYTHING!

I don’t know how these people can sit there and actually
give these kinds of responses….they DO NOT CARE.

About anything, or ANYBODY. I invite any and all Leftists
to come on this thread, and pursuade me that Democrats
CARE more than any Republican…you can’t,
because THEY DON’T.

ToddPA on June 9, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Only thing thats missing, is blaming Bush

RdLake on June 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM

If you think the, “It was all the fault of the Bush Administration!” was a winning theme, just think of how successful, “It was all the fault of the Obama Administration!” will be!!

Deano1952 on June 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Wow that was an awful answer. She’s had so much time to formulate a response to a question like that and all she can come up with is I can’t read blue prints? That’s it?

crazywater on June 9, 2014 at 11:06 AM

dissent555 on June 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Was just thinking the same thing.

I’m getting the feeling that some in the LSM don’t like Hillary too much, this whole pre-campaign thing is a whole lot harder than she thought it was going to be. Tough questions without real answers and glaring eyes back at the questioners is going to fly with some folks. Ha!

D-fusit on June 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Maybe thats why she is broke??? Maybe she had to pay personally those folks who provided the security there. This woman should have been in car sales. She has an answer for everything.

garydt on June 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Hillary on the 3 AM phone call: I hire somebody to take my calls.

Axeman on June 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Delegating the 3am call

AH_C on June 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM

The buck stops over there somewhere.

Good Lt on June 9, 2014 at 11:12 AM

According to Hillary since I hired a bartender to serve drinks (solve the problem of thirsty customers) it’s not my fault he poisoned them all. Aren’t we supposed to be responsible and accountable to those we hire?

Capitalist Infidel on June 9, 2014 at 11:15 AM

I wonder if people are looking for a sentence that begins from you, ‘I should have, I should have,” Sawyer responded.

The look on Bill’s Hill is precious.

Fallon on June 9, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Bowe Bergdahl’s Parents, Sympathisers Of Gitmo Detainees, Got Rare Access To Insiders And Classified Information

But, the administration couldn’t be bothered to inform Congress, ‘natch.

Resist We Much on June 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Wait a minute! Are those thread pictures from 2007?

jazzuscounty on June 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Great answer. Hillary can never suck it up and admit she screwed up. This has the potential to be her Iraq war vote of 2016

Southernblogger on June 9, 2014 at 11:20 AM

They hired a local Al Queada affiliate to handle security is what she means.

JimK on June 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Are the front page pix current? I ask because she looks refreshingly young and almost teenage-ish, that is … too young to be running for president!

Of course we all know she’s an old hag (which is yardstick I use to decide whether to vote for women, unlike men like, Orangey Crist, Lurch Kerry, and Silky Edwards, whose qualifications and stands on issues are the only things I consider). So I ask, if those pix are like from 30 years ago, ignore the questions and comments, but if they are, is it just the Clinton’s facial expression, or did the plastic surgeon go a little too far and pulled the eyebrows up too high and onto her forehead at her last lift treatment?

I do have to say, he did a really good job, though, getting all the wrinkles out but am I wrong in thinking it looks like she’s getting a hair implants too? She used to have a rather obvious receding hairline and now that is gone, too. Or is this what is called the “double pull” in the profession?

Hey, did I hear Hillary did a book obfuscating her slack-jawed incompetence and it isn’t going over very well?

Dusty on June 9, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Mark1971 on June 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Hot Killary the Death Hag Air

22044 on June 9, 2014 at 11:28 AM

The buck doesn’t stop here.

thefirstMarkD on June 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM

And when those hired people messed up, whom did you fire, Madame Secretary?

Besides, the problem at the Benghazi consulate was not with “blast walls” and blueprints or the structural design, but of PEOPLE. Armed Americans who should have been available to protect the Ambassador and the consulate, but there weren’t enough of them.

And now Hillary wants to be Commander-in-Chief of the entire American military, and she couldn’t ask for enough military assets to protect a consulate in a troubled country?

Steve Z on June 9, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Now I understand why the Democrats give her high marks in leadership. Don’t we already have one like this in the White House?

savage24 on June 9, 2014 at 11:36 AM

D-fusit on June 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Oh, they want Elizabeth Warren, and they’ll be relentless henceforth in rendering Hillary’s hide to grease the skids for EW‘s (how apt!) nomination in 2016.

Mark it down, ladies and gentlemen. Lefties are about as subtle as Dolly Parton at an Amish funeral with their intentions.

Dime IV on June 9, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Now that is leadership, people. “Someone else should have done it! It’s not my fault!”

Jack_Burton on June 9, 2014 at 11:51 AM

The Clinton Plan – hiring people and heading off for cocktails – doesn’t work. Thank goodness Barack Obama is President, since he knows more about everything than anyone working for him in “his” government.

Of course, for his omnipotence to help, he would have to know about a problem before hearing about it on the news.

Shoot, that’s a tough choice, knowing nothing and doing nothing or knowing everything and being responsible for nothing.

IndieDogg on June 9, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Evidently, she didn’t hire enough people to watch the $6,000,000,000 that went missing on her watch, or possibly it deserted. We aren’t to decide until there’s more facts brought out, but an actual investigation would be mean and partisan, amirite?
3am phone calls, anyone?

DublOh7 on June 9, 2014 at 11:57 AM

WHAT !!!! She didn’t blame Bush!!??

kjatexas on June 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM

If she can’t even handle queries from Diane Sawyer………..

While I can never underestimate the stupidity of over 50% of American voters (re: Obama’s 2012 re-election), I’m going to stick with my to-date prediction that this “woman” will never be President. When you can’t even answer a syncophant like Diane Sawyer without looking foolish, how the hell will she handle the rough-and-tumble of a campaign? I thought she might improve upon her 2008 showing but it looks like she hasn’t. She would’ve been better off never accepting that SOS post from Obama.

Bitter Clinger on June 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM

During the 3:00a.m. call

Schadenfreude on June 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Since it’s “not” her job to fulfill her duties as head of this agency she was over, good thing she’s not going to be elected president!

Can you imagine having someone at the very top of our national government feeling/thinking that way? Oh…..wait.

avagreen on June 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM

The obvious and completely missing follow up:

‘How many people -those experts to whom you delegated authority- have been fired as a result of their failure and the deaths of these four Americans? And who were they?’

Also, we had a mantra in the Corps: You can delegate authority but you cannot delegate responsibility.

BKeyser on June 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Empty Chair

rjoco1 on June 9, 2014 at 12:07 PM

This wife of a politician is unfit for public service.

TerryW on June 9, 2014 at 12:14 PM

HOW is Hillary’s argument different than what we have been hearing from the entire Obama administration?

Hillary(Obama)gave proper instructions, underlings failed to follow those instructions, and NO ONE is more disappointed or angry than Hillary(Obama). Hillary(Obama) have investigated, issued new proper instructions, and will work tirelessly to see that IT never happens again.

Hillary(Obama)took responsibility, acted quickly to solve the problem, and now is going back to work for the American people.

——————

The above has worked so far, why would anyone expect the template to change?

pilsener on June 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Ken Lay – “I hired people to take care of Accounting, so Enron’s collapse wasn’t my issue.”

Mitoch55 on June 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Hello – These elitist Democrats (Reid, Pelosi, Obama, Warren, etc.) do NOT, NOT, NOT care about anyone.

MN J on June 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Hillary’s pushback seems like a very chilling note that she will follow The Obama Playbook to success: NEVER, not in the slightest, admit to making a mistake.

FishingwFredo on June 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Hmmm… Does she really want to bring up the (lack of) qualifications of the Security Company for which she sought out and signed the contract?

2nd Ammendment Mother on June 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I despise this administration.

Kudos to Sawyer for attempting to throw the softball harder.

locomotivebreath1901 on June 9, 2014 at 12:57 PM

iceman1960 on June 9, 2014 at 10:44 AM

You forgot the most important skill: Knowing and being known by the right people.

Socratease on June 9, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Thanks Barack & Hillary! The Taliban Now Has Modern U.S. Stinger Missiles…

Even better: The missiles were traced back to a shipment Obama authorized to Qatar in support of Libyan rebels, the same Qatar Obama released the Gitmo 5 to.

Via NY Post:

The Obama administration isn’t only giving the Taliban back its commanders — it’s giving them weapons.

Miliary records and sources reveal that on July 25, 2012, Taliban fighters in Kunar province successfully targeted a US Army CH-47 helicopter with a new generation Stinger missile.

They thought they had a surefire kill. But instead of bursting into flames, the Chinook just disappeared into the darkness as the American pilot recovered control of the aircraft and brought it to the ground in a hard landing.

The assault team jumped out the open doors and ran clear in case it exploded. Less than 30 seconds later, the Taliban gunner and his comrade erupted into flames as an American gunship overhead locked onto their position and opened fire.

The next day, an explosive ordnance disposal team arrived to pick through the wreckage and found unexploded pieces of a missile casing that could only belong to a Stinger missile.

Lodged in the right nacelle, they found one fragment that contained an entire serial number.

The investigation took time. Arms were twisted, noses put out of joint. But when the results came back, they were stunning: The Stinger tracked back to a lot that had been signed out by the CIA recently, not during the anti-Soviet jihad.

Reports of the Stinger reached the highest echelons of the US command in Afghanistan and became a source of intense speculation, but no action.

Everyone knew the war was winding down. Revealing that the Taliban had US-made Stingers risked demoralizing coalition troops. Because there were no coalition casualties, government officials made no public announcement of the attack.

My sources in the US Special Operations community believe the Stinger fired against the Chinook was part of the same lot the CIA turned over to the Qataris in early 2011, weapons Hillary Rodham Clinton’s State Department intended for anti-Khadafy forces in Libya.

They believe the Qataris delivered between 50 and 60 of those same Stingers to the Taliban in early 2012, and an additional 200 SA-24 Igla-S surface-to-air missiles.

I think, it is fair to say, that Obama and Hillary define ‘national security’ differently than the rest of us.

Resist We Much on June 9, 2014 at 1:02 PM

As SOS her duty was to demand immediate action from the CiC to protect the lives of a foreign embassy and ambassador that was under enemy attack. Instead they both left Stevens to die knowing the press would never hold them accountable.

Is this not a fact?

DeweyWins on June 9, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Oh that’s just so precious how she makes excuses. She’s adorable!

MCGIRV on June 9, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Wow, that is entirely insufficient. Whomever that security chief was that she hired is being thrown under the bus. He will take it. Then as payback she probably told him, “Don’t worry, I’ll find a place for you in my administration for your loyalty in keeping mum”.

jake49 on June 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM

The only security issue Hillary, Obama, and the Dems cared about in Benghazi was their own job security. Still, it’s laughable that she pulls the “I’m just a girl, so how would I know how to change a tire” schtick. If you want the privilege of driving, then you assume the responsibility for ensuring your vehicle is properly maintained and operated responsibly.

Christien on June 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Harry Truman unavailable for comment.

listens2glenn on June 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Too bad she didn’t hire an experts to take Moynihan’s Senate seat and serve as Secretary of State, since she clearly wasn’t equipped for either position.

Christien on June 9, 2014 at 2:23 PM

This makes sense and is a sign of good administration and an understanding of leadership.

Failing to listen to those experts you hired, and failing to act on their recommendations to fix the problems that existed, is a sign of poor leadership, and incompetence as an administrator.

s1im on June 9, 2014 at 2:45 PM